Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

> @revanant said:

> I think the smile is the biggest thing in favor of blades. I played a weird course this weekend--they had a 7 AM tee time open and I was up early. It was 18 holes, but a bit short--like 110 slope and an unbalanced number of par 3s. That being said, I hit 9 GIR and shot +20, despite aerated greens. Had 12 bogeys.

>

> I was not a good ballstriker this time last year. I had legitimate struggles with topping the ball. Having blades in the bag and on the range keeps me hitting balls and has legitimately helped me groove an in-to-out swingpath that makes good contact and has good control--mostly because it makes it super clear when I've done something right, and repeating that is inherently a good thing to groove.

>

> But, ultimately, I take a lot of pleasure in my good shots and little victories. My best shot of the round was a 5 iron that landed 6 feet from the pin, exactly as I drew it up with a nice draw. Those sort of memories help me build confidence and grow as my uneven game continues to progress to true bogey golf (and then, to chase breaking 90 and beyond. : ) ).

>

> So, enjoy the new MP-4s. You've made an excellent purchase. They're wonderful clubs, and I think the memories of your good shots will outweigh the memories of the inconsistent/bad shots that we all deal with as amateur golfers.

Thanks I appreciate it!

I play quite a few easier courses. My work league course is a 9 hole course with rated 68.2 with slope of 117, but I think it plays easier than that as it is fairly wide open. I tend to like easier courses. Golf is a very hard game as it is and the league course is plenty challenging for me. My best round this year is a 40.

Dave

In other news, I hit the new Titleist 620 MBs yesterday. I really like them. They're softer than the 716 MB and 718 MB, the topline looks great, and they launched and spun super-high for me--I was getting around 8000 RPM with the 7 iron, but not losing yardage--just really high ball flight. Really interesting set of heads.

> @revanant said:

> In other news, I hit the new Titleist 620 MBs yesterday. I really like them. They're softer than the 716 MB and 718 MB, the topline looks great, and they launched and spun super-high for me--I was getting around 8000 RPM with the 7 iron, but not losing yardage--just really high ball flight. Really interesting set of heads.

You shouldn't be getting that spin at your speed. Must be adding too much loft at impact. I really feel like youtubers need to lay off that sentiment. I've posted the below before but it gives you a good indication of why thinking you should be spinning a 7 @ 7k is incorrect for low speed players. That said, the 620 MB is a fantastic looking iron. I think for a lot of golfers the tiny blade/topline/lack of offset will be uncomfortable but IMO they have really nailed it. Also prefer the satin.

> @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @Christen_The_Sloop said:

> > > Yeah, the sharp leading edge and I have our moments. I guess it could force me not to be so steep, but I'd rather just have a little relief and not have to worry. Otherwise I love how they set up. They frame the ball as nice as anything I own. Can't wait to hit them, to be honest - the shafts are the perfect length and the grips are some sort of super rough Royal Grip tour wrap that are ribbed for my pleasure. What's not to like. I guess I am just sort of spoiled for clubs here, I am usually surprised how nice the condition is, that I get to expect that all the sticks on the market are virtually unused. These one's have seen about a seasons worth of action, not merely a week.

> >

> > The main thing is you found a set of Pro 82s which are rare.

> You don't know how much time I put in my search for these bad boys. And, the more I see of them, the more I like them. They fit in nicely with other the Miura made sets I've got - Maruman Conductor Pros, Founders 200 series, Bridgestone Proisme and x300 FCI cbs. They frame the ball very similar to the Founders, but they have more meat on the top-line, seemingly (not a lot, but enough). A lot of the Japanese iron blogs remark how unlike usual Macgregror the Pro 82 is. Maybe that's a way of saying they are made in Japan

>

> As for framing the ball, I've never really considered doing anything than the center of the face. Maybe it's because I started with Ping Eye 2s. The whole discussion of it sounds like one of those steps along the way leading to paralysis by overanalysis. I figure a well made (and fit) club will naturally find it's way to the correct impact position, if I make a good swing - the indian, not so much the arrow. So, it doesn't much matter where I hold the club at the beginning. Therefore, with all things being equal, just make sure I take the piece of steel back low and slow (but not too slow).

>

>

You are not too far off in that last paragraph----- A lot of times our eyes tell our body what to do without involving the brain--- For me if I like the feel and looks of a club at address 9 out of 10 times I can reasonably hit it. That also goes for woods ( sic) and putters too. Sometimes when you get the brain involved it leads to as you said " paralysis by overanalysis".

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @wely324 said:

> cause they are awesome...

> zlvf853npjui.jpg

>

Great sticks--- Now I have heard certain sets were Miura Forged and BTW 588 Cleveland wedges ain't bad either--- I was a 588 guy for years just recently switched to a Mizuno T-10 and GASP! a Ping Zing SW but still switch out on the classic end between 588s and Macgregor LRA

> @BogeyParBogey said:

> I'm joining the club with MP4s 4-PW that I bought off Callaway Preowned 4-PW with TT XP 105 R300 shafts.

>

> I've gone and hit them 3 days in a row with reasonable success. I'm going to make them my gamers. I've been playing the local executive course the past few days on Friday scoring 45 / par 38 in 11 holes (2 repeat holes) and 16 / par 14 in holes which is a limited time availability option there.

>

> I'm probably a much worse golfer than most here as I typically shoot about 46 on par 36 3,000 yard layouts. I'm coming from 716 AP2s with TT DG AMT R300 that at times feel too heavy that I've used most of the season. I love the look and feel of the MP4s so far. I'm golfing with a smile on my face.

>

> xcje9xm0nuo0.jpg

>

> Dave

Beautiful irons great purchase---- The main thing is you love the look and feel of them. IMHO the feel part will help enhance your game. But the number one thing you stated " you are golfing with a smile on your face" That is what it is all about the FUN!

Got this set of Palmer “The Deacon” irons last week. They arrived over length with old, worn out +1/16” oversized half cord grips and swingweighting at D6. I got them down to standard length which brought the swingweight down to D2/D3, added some GripMaster Kidd Leather grips and took them out to the range today. Very lovely. Hit them side by side with my Redlines and they felt much better than the Hogan’s. These are staying in the modern bag.

zcwcnlkk1iyj.jpeg

• Like 1

> @Kingcat990 said:

> What a very strange and awesome cut muscle iron. Beautiful sticks. Let's see them faces

I bought 5 sets from a local collector yesterday and this set was kind of an afterthought. I saw them sitting there and they just looked like such a quality forging. They are all original right down to the Park “All-weather” grips.

Here is a few more pics

8ed9u6846bgs.jpeg

elf7dftliopc.jpeg

090b3awk9yxx.jpeg

c26j2qancahm.jpeg

yooej43nuzd0.jpeg

> @Kingcat990 said:

> That set is AWESOME. Man, look at how long those hosels are! That sweet spot has to be darn close to hosel rocket territory. Very cool set. As always, impeccable photos.

Thanks for the kind words on the photos. I love trying to capture the best possible images of the clubs to show how beautiful they really are. I love just looking and holding a beautiful forged iron. I’m sure most that participate in this thread get it.

I took them back out to the range this evening and were hitting them beautifully. Not terribly difficult to hit. They aren’t as hard to hit as Hogan Precision’s, that’s for sure. Yes the sweet spot is in towards the hosel a bit, but the small head makes a strike feel so solid. I was landing the 6-iron just short of the 162 flag , probably 155 or so, which while a club less than my modern clubs is longer than my 1958 Dynapowered’s.

I might have to outfit a second vintage bag, late 1940’s era.

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @Kingcat990 said:

> > What a very strange and awesome cut muscle iron. Beautiful sticks. Let's see them faces

>

> Yes, that is a really interesting muscle design. Wonder what the two stars represent?

> Nice looking clubs, and great pictures, **deejaid**.

Thanks man. Yeah, I was wondering about the two stars also, although searching eBay those two stars made it easy to spot an exact matching sand wedge also with the two stars. Might need to pick that up.

From the Macgregor catalog “For the discriminating golfer, the backs of these precision broached blades are specially grooved for a mathematically accurate counter-balancing of weight, providing a compact hitting area- power into the shot, distance into the ball.”

A set of 8 (2-9) was $72.00

Well, Labor Day has come and gone. In some ways, summer solstice is my least favorite day of the year, because the days start to get shorter. > @deejaid said:

> > @Kingcat990 said:

> > What a very strange and awesome cut muscle iron. Beautiful sticks. Let's see them faces

>

> I bought 5 sets from a local collector yesterday and this set was kind of an afterthought. I saw them sitting there and they just looked like such a quality forging. They are all original right down to the Park “All-weather” grips.

>

> Here is a few more pics

>

> 8ed9u6846bgs.jpeg

>

> elf7dftliopc.jpeg

>

> 090b3awk9yxx.jpeg

>

> c26j2qancahm.jpeg

>

> yooej43nuzd0.jpeg

>

>

>

I had a set of Seven Shinagawas (small boutique Japanese) that looked a lot like these. Shoulda never sold those! Hope you enjoy them...

• Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @deejaid said:

> > @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > What a very strange and awesome cut muscle iron. Beautiful sticks. Let's see them faces

> >

> > Yes, that is a really interesting muscle design. Wonder what the two stars represent?

> > Nice looking clubs, and great pictures, **deejaid**.

>

>

> Thanks man. Yeah, I was wondering about the two stars also, although searching eBay those two stars made it easy to spot an exact matching sand wedge also with the two stars. Might need to pick that up.

>

> From the Macgregor catalog “For the discriminating golfer, the backs of these precision broached blades are specially grooved for a mathematically accurate counter-balancing of weight, providing a compact hitting area- power into the shot, distance into the ball.”

>

> A set of 8 (2-9) was $72.00

I wouldn't normally advise anyone to pick up a Mac sand wedge*, but for those beauties, I'd make an exception. As long as the price was reasonable, of course.

"Mathematically accurate counter-balancing....." Nice to see that marketing talk has changed so little in 70 years!

As for the 2 stars, it puzzled me because with irons named after Byron Nelson, the logical thing would be one star for the "lone star state" he was from.

* The SW in my Mac Tourney's R58s has to be one of the worst-designed sand wedges I have ever seen. And the offset on the SW in my reissue VIP irons from the 80s is just ridiculous. The SW in my Muirfields isn't so bad, though.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @revanant said:

> > In other news, I hit the new Titleist 620 MBs yesterday. I really like them. They're softer than the 716 MB and 718 MB, the topline looks great, and they launched and spun super-high for me--I was getting around 8000 RPM with the 7 iron, but not losing yardage--just really high ball flight. Really interesting set of heads.

>

> You shouldn't be getting that spin at your speed. Must be adding too much loft at impact. I really feel like youtubers need to lay off that sentiment. I've posted the below before but it gives you a good indication of why thinking you should be spinning a 7 @ 7k is incorrect for low speed players. That said, the 620 MB is a fantastic looking iron. I think for a lot of golfers the tiny blade/topline/lack of offset will be uncomfortable but IMO they have really nailed it. Also prefer the satin.

>

>

>

Honestly, would be curious if other folks also found the 620 MB to be high launch/high spin.

The ballflight and spin was really out of the ordinary for me, and those strokes were really pure—I’m interested to see the Maltby specs once they come out.

That being said, I don’t think it’s true that my swing speed shouldn’t produce spin. When you take a look at the old LPGA trackman numbers, they’re getting 7500 rpm out of an 8 iron at 74 mph.

My usual spin with a 7 iron is mid 6k, so the 620 MB were definitely giving me unusual results, though.

https://blog.trackmangolf.com/trackman-average-tour-stats/lpgatourstats/

> @revanant said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @revanant said:

> > > In other news, I hit the new Titleist 620 MBs yesterday. I really like them. They're softer than the 716 MB and 718 MB, the topline looks great, and they launched and spun super-high for me--I was getting around 8000 RPM with the 7 iron, but not losing yardage--just really high ball flight. Really interesting set of heads.

> >

> > You shouldn't be getting that spin at your speed. Must be adding too much loft at impact. I really feel like youtubers need to lay off that sentiment. I've posted the below before but it gives you a good indication of why thinking you should be spinning a 7 @ 7k is incorrect for low speed players. That said, the 620 MB is a fantastic looking iron. I think for a lot of golfers the tiny blade/topline/lack of offset will be uncomfortable but IMO they have really nailed it. Also prefer the satin.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Honestly, would be curious if other folks also found the 620 MB to be high launch/high spin.

>

> The ballflight and spin was really out of the ordinary for me, and those strokes were really pure—I’m interested to see the Maltby specs once they come out.

>

> That being said, I don’t think it’s true that my swing speed shouldn’t produce spin. When you take a look at the old LPGA trackman numbers, they’re getting 7500 rpm out of an 8 iron at 74 mph.

>

> My usual spin with a 7 iron is mid 6k, so the 620 MB were definitely giving me unusual results, though.

>

> https://blog.trackmangolf.com/trackman-average-tour-stats/lpgatourstats/

>

I'm not entirely sure how accurate those numbers are because most of the better women are not hitting a 140 7 iron. Here are Lexi's stock carry yardages.

![](https://media.golfdigest.com/photos/55ad9618add713143b435344/master/w_600,h_900,c_limit/equipment-2013-11-eqsl02-lexi-thompson-bag.jpg "")

Either way I'm not saying it as a knock on you. I think the TXG video gives a good description of what is a good fit rather than aiming for that number on the bottom which many do. Peak height is really the important part.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @revanant said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @revanant said:

> > > > In other news, I hit the new Titleist 620 MBs yesterday. I really like them. They're softer than the 716 MB and 718 MB, the topline looks great, and they launched and spun super-high for me--I was getting around 8000 RPM with the 7 iron, but not losing yardage--just really high ball flight. Really interesting set of heads.

> > >

> > > You shouldn't be getting that spin at your speed. Must be adding too much loft at impact. I really feel like youtubers need to lay off that sentiment. I've posted the below before but it gives you a good indication of why thinking you should be spinning a 7 @ 7k is incorrect for low speed players. That said, the 620 MB is a fantastic looking iron. I think for a lot of golfers the tiny blade/topline/lack of offset will be uncomfortable but IMO they have really nailed it. Also prefer the satin.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Honestly, would be curious if other folks also found the 620 MB to be high launch/high spin.

> >

> > The ballflight and spin was really out of the ordinary for me, and those strokes were really pure—I’m interested to see the Maltby specs once they come out.

> >

> > That being said, I don’t think it’s true that my swing speed shouldn’t produce spin. When you take a look at the old LPGA trackman numbers, they’re getting 7500 rpm out of an 8 iron at 74 mph.

> >

> > My usual spin with a 7 iron is mid 6k, so the 620 MB were definitely giving me unusual results, though.

> >

> > https://blog.trackmangolf.com/trackman-average-tour-stats/lpgatourstats/

> >

>

> I'm not entirely sure how accurate those numbers are because most of the better women are not hitting a 140 7 iron. Here are Lexi's stock carry yardages.

>

> ![](https://media.golfdigest.com/photos/55ad9618add713143b435344/master/w_600,h_900,c_limit/equipment-2013-11-eqsl02-lexi-thompson-bag.jpg "")

>

>

> Either way I'm not saying it as a knock on you. I think the TXG video gives a good description of what is a good fit rather than aiming for that number on the bottom which many do. Peak height is really the important part.

When's that from? Because I love those wedges, but I thought they came out about 10 years ago?

Not saying that this changes what you're saying, rather I'm curious if she is still playing those wedges.

> @No_Catchy_Nickname said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @revanant said:

> > > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > > @revanant said:

> > > > > In other news, I hit the new Titleist 620 MBs yesterday. I really like them. They're softer than the 716 MB and 718 MB, the topline looks great, and they launched and spun super-high for me--I was getting around 8000 RPM with the 7 iron, but not losing yardage--just really high ball flight. Really interesting set of heads.

> > > >

> > > > You shouldn't be getting that spin at your speed. Must be adding too much loft at impact. I really feel like youtubers need to lay off that sentiment. I've posted the below before but it gives you a good indication of why thinking you should be spinning a 7 @ 7k is incorrect for low speed players. That said, the 620 MB is a fantastic looking iron. I think for a lot of golfers the tiny blade/topline/lack of offset will be uncomfortable but IMO they have really nailed it. Also prefer the satin.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Honestly, would be curious if other folks also found the 620 MB to be high launch/high spin.

> > >

> > > The ballflight and spin was really out of the ordinary for me, and those strokes were really pure—I’m interested to see the Maltby specs once they come out.

> > >

> > > That being said, I don’t think it’s true that my swing speed shouldn’t produce spin. When you take a look at the old LPGA trackman numbers, they’re getting 7500 rpm out of an 8 iron at 74 mph.

> > >

> > > My usual spin with a 7 iron is mid 6k, so the 620 MB were definitely giving me unusual results, though.

> > >

> > > https://blog.trackmangolf.com/trackman-average-tour-stats/lpgatourstats/

> > >

> >

> > I'm not entirely sure how accurate those numbers are because most of the better women are not hitting a 140 7 iron. Here are Lexi's stock carry yardages.

> >

> > ![](https://media.golfdigest.com/photos/55ad9618add713143b435344/master/w_600,h_900,c_limit/equipment-2013-11-eqsl02-lexi-thompson-bag.jpg "")

> >

> >

> > Either way I'm not saying it as a knock on you. I think the TXG video gives a good description of what is a good fit rather than aiming for that number on the bottom which many do. Peak height is really the important part.

>

> When's that from? Because I love those wedges, but I thought they came out about 10 years ago?

> Not saying that this changes what you're saying, rather I'm curious if she is still playing those wedges.

>

Definitely a few years old! Don't think she's still playing them

http://www.golfwrx.com/544378/lexi-thompson-witb-2/

> @wmblake2000 said:

> Well, Labor Day has come and gone. In some ways, summer solstice is my least favorite day of the year, because the days start to get shorter. > @deejaid said:

> > > @Kingcat990 said:

> > > What a very strange and awesome cut muscle iron. Beautiful sticks. Let's see them faces

> >

> > I bought 5 sets from a local collector yesterday and this set was kind of an afterthought. I saw them sitting there and they just looked like such a quality forging. They are all original right down to the Park “All-weather” grips.

> >

> > Here is a few more pics

> >

> > 8ed9u6846bgs.jpeg

> >

> > elf7dftliopc.jpeg

> >

> > 090b3awk9yxx.jpeg

> >

> > c26j2qancahm.jpeg

> >

> > yooej43nuzd0.jpeg

> >

> >

> >

> I had a set of Seven Shinagawas (small boutique Japanese) that looked a lot like these. Shoulda never sold those! Hope you enjoy them...

>

Haha, you are right, they do look like the grandfather of the Seven’s. That’s a club that I’ve lusted after but haven’t gotten my hands on yet. Maybe that’s what drew me to these?

> @revanant said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > > @revanant said:

> > > In other news, I hit the new Titleist 620 MBs yesterday. I really like them. They're softer than the 716 MB and 718 MB, the topline looks great, and they launched and spun super-high for me--I was getting around 8000 RPM with the 7 iron, but not losing yardage--just really high ball flight. Really interesting set of heads.

> >

> > You shouldn't be getting that spin at your speed. Must be adding too much loft at impact. I really feel like youtubers need to lay off that sentiment. I've posted the below before but it gives you a good indication of why thinking you should be spinning a 7 @ 7k is incorrect for low speed players. That said, the 620 MB is a fantastic looking iron. I think for a lot of golfers the tiny blade/topline/lack of offset will be uncomfortable but IMO they have really nailed it. Also prefer the satin.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Honestly, would be curious if other folks also found the 620 MB to be high launch/high spin.

>

> The ballflight and spin was really out of the ordinary for me, and those strokes were really pure—I’m interested to see the Maltby specs once they come out.

>

> That being said, I don’t think it’s true that my swing speed shouldn’t produce spin. When you take a look at the old LPGA trackman numbers, they’re getting 7500 rpm out of an 8 iron at 74 mph.

>

> My usual spin with a 7 iron is mid 6k, so the 620 MB were definitely giving me unusual results, though.

>

> https://blog.trackmangolf.com/trackman-average-tour-stats/lpgatourstats/

>

Were you comparing apples to apples on shaft? Excessive spin can easily be caused by shaft to swing fit. Even then, gross mass of club to swing can alter spin numbers. Titleist's tend to be heavier than Mizuno's generally speaking, They also tend to be more upright in lie to your current brand. Mizuno stock lie is 2* flatter than most OEM's. Smaller tweaks can lead to bigger differentials is all I'm saying.

> @Nard_S said:

> > @revanant said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @revanant said:

> > > > In other news, I hit the new Titleist 620 MBs yesterday. I really like them. They're softer than the 716 MB and 718 MB, the topline looks great, and they launched and spun super-high for me--I was getting around 8000 RPM with the 7 iron, but not losing yardage--just really high ball flight. Really interesting set of heads.

> > >

> > > You shouldn't be getting that spin at your speed. Must be adding too much loft at impact. I really feel like youtubers need to lay off that sentiment. I've posted the below before but it gives you a good indication of why thinking you should be spinning a 7 @ 7k is incorrect for low speed players. That said, the 620 MB is a fantastic looking iron. I think for a lot of golfers the tiny blade/topline/lack of offset will be uncomfortable but IMO they have really nailed it. Also prefer the satin.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Honestly, would be curious if other folks also found the 620 MB to be high launch/high spin.

> >

> > The ballflight and spin was really out of the ordinary for me, and those strokes were really pure—I’m interested to see the Maltby specs once they come out.

> >

> > That being said, I don’t think it’s true that my swing speed shouldn’t produce spin. When you take a look at the old LPGA trackman numbers, they’re getting 7500 rpm out of an 8 iron at 74 mph.

> >

> > My usual spin with a 7 iron is mid 6k, so the 620 MB were definitely giving me unusual results, though.

> >

> >

> Were you comparing apples to apples on shaft? Excessive spin can easily be caused by shaft to swing fit. Even then, gross mass of club to swing can alter spin numbers. Titleist's tend to be heavier than Mizuno's generally speaking, They also tend to be more upright in lie to your current brand. Mizuno stock lie is 2* flatter than most OEM's. Smaller tweaks can lead to bigger differentials is all I'm saying.

Loft is the main contributor to spin. Watch hours of testing done by MC - he has proven time and time again shaft is a small piece of the puzzle. There is a few hundred RPMs in it at best. Height will go up or down by a few yards. Lie angle is important for pure strike of course. Head weight in combination with shaft weight/overall club balance again affects delivery and "feels" through the swing leading to better or worse strikes. Pure strike for strike though you aren't finding a massive difference in spin via shaft.

> @Nard_S said:

> > @revanant said:

> > > @balls_deep said:

> > > > @revanant said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> Were you comparing apples to apples on shaft? Excessive spin can easily be caused by shaft to swing fit. Even then, gross mass of club to swing can alter spin numbers. Titleist's tend to be heavier than Mizuno's generally speaking, They also tend to be more upright in lie to your current brand. Mizuno stock lie is 2* flatter than most OEM's. Smaller tweaks can lead to bigger differentials is all I'm saying.

It actually was the same shaft. The stock 620 MBs are shafted in Project X 6.0, same as my MP-4s.

I know I prefer the mizuno lie angle with my flatter in-to-out swing, but I got a few good strikes in, regardless.

Long story short, the 620s definitely made an impression. : )

I think @balls_deep might be right about the role of loft, though. The 620 MB is at 35 degrees, and my MP-4s are 2 degrees strong courtesy of the previous owner. I’m thinking I might have them bent back to standard next time I regrip.

I just got back from the range after doing a little head to head with the Macgregor Byron Nelson’s, a set of 1950’s Macgregor M75 irons, and a set of 1956-57 Wilson Dynapowered irons. The Mac M75 and Wilson’s were top of the line and used by Pro’s of the day. The Byron Nelson’s would have been a lesser model. Well, the Nelson’s easily felt and flew better than the other two, it wasn’t even close. They feel so pure I’m not sure I’ve felt a better forged head and I’ve owned Miura’s and Kyoei forgings in the past.

These clubs just put a smile on my face. So much fun, I think this will be my new Sunday set for those great Autumn rounds.

• Like 1

> @balls_deep said:

> Pure strike for strike though you aren't finding a massive difference in spin via shaft.

>

I basically agree on loft thing, however key phrase is "pure strike for pure strike". Bad fit of shaft to swing or weighting going beyond say 10 grams can leave wrong impression. If you're on the edge to start with shaft choice, throw in more loft or differing lie, things can get funkier till you swing to setup. I never judge a club till I get the reps and dial in comfortable. It's why I avoid demo days. Another thought. Spin numbers are relative to swing speed and launch angle and quality of swing.There needs to be context around raw spin. So I avoid monitors as well, lol.

> @deejaid said:

> I just got back from the range after doing a little head to head with the Macgregor Byron Nelson’s, a set of 1950’s Macgregor M75 irons, and a set of 1956-57 Wilson Dynapowered irons. The Mac M75 and Wilson’s were top of the line and used by Pro’s of the day. The Byron Nelson’s would have been a lesser model. Well, the Nelson’s easily felt and flew better than the other two, it wasn’t even close. They feel so pure I’m not sure I’ve felt a better forged head and I’ve owned Miura’s and Kyoei forgings in the past.

>

> These clubs just put a smile on my face. So much fun, I think this will be my new Sunday set for those great Autumn rounds.

Really is an awesome and unique set. The 2 stars are a bit perplexing

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

> @wmblake2000 said:

> Well, Labor Day has come and gone. In some ways, summer solstice is my least favorite day of the year, because the days start to get shorter. > @deejaid said:

> > > @Kingcat990 said:

> >

> > I bought 5 sets from a local collector yesterday and this set was kind of an afterthought. I saw them sitting there and they just looked like such a quality forging. They are all original right down to the Park “All-weather” grips.

> >

> > Here is a few more pics

> >

> > 8ed9u6846bgs.jpeg

> >

> > elf7dftliopc.jpeg

> >

> > 090b3awk9yxx.jpeg

> >

> > c26j2qancahm.jpeg

> >

> > yooej43nuzd0.jpeg

> >

> >

> >

> I had a set of Seven Shinagawas (small boutique Japanese) that looked a lot like these. Shoulda never sold those! Hope you enjoy them...

>

What are you talking about?!? Its been 85°-90°! If anything, summer just began but the days are getting shorter. We need to get out and do a dawn patrol round soon.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]