2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Continental Golf - Refinishing and More!

Continental Golf

Hey all,

I picked up my Scotty Cameron Monterey from the boys at Continental Golf this morning and thought I'd share. It is the original California series and the gold finish was starting to wear off and look bad. I had them remove the original finish and re-do it in Satin. The face and sole are shiny chrome. This is for my beach bag so we went with "ocean blue" and a sun-set theme with the orange. Then, of course, I had some Jolly Roger weights to add. IMO it looks better than the original!

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Diamana D+ 63g Stiff
Callaway XR 5 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
Callaway XR 7 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist 915 H 24*, Diamana D+ 82 HY Stiff
Ping i500, DG S300 105
Ping Glide 2.0 54 & 58, Ping AMT Stiff
Scotty Cameron CA Monterey, 35"

I recently bought a used Ping K15 driver and it looks like the previous owner never kept a headcover on it while in the bag. It has a bunch of chips around the edges of the face and some tee/surface scratches on the bottom. So instead of trying to redo it myself I would like to send it to CG to get it refinished. If possible, I would like to have it repainted exactly like the all flat black Ping G25 driver head. White PING letters on the bottom, white K, red 15. Also keeping the alignment arrow on the top white. Please let me know if all this is possible. Thanks.

I recently bought a used Ping K15 driver and it looks like the previous owner never kept a headcover on it while in the bag. It has a bunch of chips around the edges of the face and some tee/surface scratches on the bottom. So instead of trying to redo it myself I would like to send it to CG to get it refinished. If possible, I would like to have it repainted exactly like the all flat black Ping G25 driver head. White PING letters on the bottom, white K, red 15. Also keeping the alignment arrow on the top white. Please let me know if all this is possible. Thanks.

If you look through the pics you'll see most anything is possible, these guys really are great. The only issue you may have is the alignment aid since its probably a decal under the clear. Just email them directly or call any CG will give you the run down.

Tour Issue 8.5* Ping G400 LST w/ Ventus Red 6s (RIP)

Ping G430 LST 9* w/ AutoFlex 505xx
Ping G430 LST 3 Wood w/ GD AD-HD 7s
19* Taylormade Sim Max Hybrid w/ Tensei Pro White 90s
22* Ping G430 w/ Aldila NV2KXV Orange 85s 

26* Ping G430 w/ Aldila NV2KXV Orange 85s
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-PW Accra i-Series 115
Mizuno Pro 223 GW 50*
Cobra Snakebite 55* & 59*
Odyssey White-Hot OG 7s  

All of the finishing and paintfill part of it is no problem at all. As Coghill said the decal is the only issue, we would not be able to save or replace that part of it. We can do sight dots etc no problem at all but we don't have any of those ping decals. Feel free to PM us if you want to discuss it further.

Thanks for the kind words Blakester and don't forget that the promotion is still going on guys! Hope everyone has a great day.

All of the finishing and paintfill part of it is no problem at all. As Coghill said the decal is the only issue, we would not be able to save or replace that part of it. We can do sight dots etc no problem at all but we don't have any of those ping decals. Feel free to PM us if you want to discuss it further.

Thanks for the kind words Blakester and don't forget that the promotion is still going on guys! Hope everyone has a great day.

I just sent a Cobra ZL head your way for refinishing with a similar request. Is the same thing true for the Cobra alignment aid?

Cobra ZL
Titleist 915f 5w
Cobra Fly Z XL 5h
Ping Rapture v1 6-PW
TM ATV 56 SW
Odyssey Mini-T putter

I just sent a Cobra ZL head your way for refinishing with a similar request. Is the same thing true for the Cobra alignment aid?

If we go another color that would be correct. We only have certain factory decals that can put back on the club and if we tried to save the decal you would have some of the old color still there so that wouldn't as attractive but it can be done.

Also guys with all the clubs we keep getting from you guys we are just going to extend the promo again through the end of March.

1 driver or putter will be 10 dollars off and 2 or more will be 15 dollars off each club!

Thanks everyone we appreciate everything and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Awesome. 2 heads on the way next week.

Damn, wonder if that color would be a close match to the "volt" colored graphics on the Handcrafted LZ70 shaft.

I am not sure I could do my other DBD in that color, but would be cool if it matched the shaft graphics.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

If it would be pretty darn close. If you could send the shaft in to go with it we could match it up a little easier.

LOL, just money right....?

I may, but just cheaper sending the head, have to find a long a-- box for this telephone pole....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Ha! I am just saying if you wanted it matching its always easier with an example here in hand. Funny guy.

I think it would be close enough to match without it. Keep in mind gloss will be a little brighter than the matte if thats the way you go.

Also we should have that Ping G driver coming out in a couple days for everyone to see the 2 color example.

If I just wanted the face of a Titleist 913 wood to be raw metal instead of the back, can you just remove that, or does the entire head need to be redone?

Would that be "blast face or sole of wood $20" on the pricing page? http://www.continentalgolf.net/pricing.html

TSr3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD TP 8x

TSr2 18* Tour AD TP 8x

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

Good to talk to you today on the phone Swoosh and we look forward to working on your project.

Grisham, That is something we can do to the face but I am not sure If we can do the sole without a refinishing with those top and bottom areas where it is painted. The promotion is off refinishing of the complete metal wood/putter (paint etc) I am sorry if I caused any confusion with that! Feel free to message me further if you are interested in the project and we can see if we can do the sole the way you want it.

If we go another color that would be correct. We only have certain factory decals that can put back on the club and if we tried to save the decal you would have some of the old color still there so that wouldn't as attractive but it can be done.

Top notch customer service from Justin! I no sooner got the alert from Fedex that my package had made it to them and my phone was ringing. Justin called to discuss what I wanted and what he could do. Needless to say, after our conversation I'm pretty stoked and really looking forward to see what they come up with!

Cobra ZL
Titleist 915f 5w
Cobra Fly Z XL 5h
Ping Rapture v1 6-PW
TM ATV 56 SW
Odyssey Mini-T putter

Excellent work from the guys at Continental Golf! Almost makes me want to find something cheap needing some help just to see what you guys could do with it!

Ping G400 10.5* driver
Ping G400 3 wood
Ping G400 3 & 4 hybrids
Ping i25 5-PW AW SW LW irons
Ping Sydney 34" putter
Ping Pioneer 2017 bag
Bridgestone Tour B330-RX ball

All I know is..

My best friend and I have our clubs at Continental Golf.

I cannot wait to get my RBZ back!!!

Their work is amazing and it's gonna look awesome

Driver - TaylorMade M2 2017 - 9.5°
Fairway - TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood - 14.5°
Hybrid - TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood - 19°
Irons - PING i15 - 4 - PW / UW
Wedges - Taylormade MG2 54° / Hi Toe 58°
Putter - Cameron Newport 2 custom

I hear you Ken. I sent an R11s to J and the crew. Looking forward to the finished product. Trying something different. New shaft waiting for the head when I returns

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Sent my black R1 in for refinish in my school colors dark royal blue / gray. Matte finish. Paint looks incredible. Two rounds and still looks perfect. I got under a few shots and thought the leading edge of the crown would have a scuff. Just wiped it off an the finish is still perfect. Seems more durable than the original

Callaway Rogue Driver 10.5* Accra FX 2.0 370 stiff 44 1/4
3, 4 Miura hybrid Accra 70i shafts
3-PW Miura CB57 Accra 70i BestGrips
5-9 Wishon 560 UST Recoil 808 F4 (old set but not gone)
Miura 49Y, 51Y, 55c, 59c
LAB Mezz putter
All with BestGrips!

I hear you Ken. I sent an R11s to J and the crew. Looking forward to the finished product. Trying something different. New shaft waiting for the head when I returns

Mine is getting what I call.. the black Knight treatment.

Black on black on black.

Black paintfill

Flat black that is

Flat black painted shaft

Black grip.

Beast!!

Driver - TaylorMade M2 2017 - 9.5°
Fairway - TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood - 14.5°
Hybrid - TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood - 19°
Irons - PING i15 - 4 - PW / UW
Wedges - Taylormade MG2 54° / Hi Toe 58°
Putter - Cameron Newport 2 custom

Mine is getting what I call.. the black Knight treatment.

Black on black on black.

Black paintfill

Flat black that is

Flat black painted shaft

Black grip.

Beast!!

With any luck we'll see a few sneak peeks. I wish TM would have done a black run of these clubs initially. I have a blacked out R11s already and am adding a black crown and satin finish face and sole to the collection. I'm sure the work will be on point.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon