Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

I thought it odd that he went to the bathroom OK, came out visibly not OK, and his caddie left him in that state. Then he's laying on the curb, distinctly not OK and no one actually stops to check on him? That is cold, but I live in a rural area, that would never happen. The post presser stuff on TGC said his credit card was used 20 minutes after he blacked out in a liquor store, not by him.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1422388269' post='10829553']
Did he deny being at the jiggly room?
[/quote]

surveillance video from inside the club is being carefully scrutinized by many men with hairy palms.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422387724' post='10829491']
Interesting to me is how forceful he was at the press conference. He believes his version of events. The press seems to be backing off from it's previous position of extreme doubt.
I think Playaway is right. Those who do not like Allenby are looking to justify themselves.
I believe he is a confused victim. I also believe in innocence until proven otherwise in a court of law. He hasn't been charged with anything. Still, many of you want to believe he is guilty.
[/quote]

Court of law? He's not been accused of a crime. No one thinks he should be prosecuted. People just think he's a lying drunken fool who won't take responsibility for his own actions. He made several very specific claims of what happened to him. Now that's all hearsay from area homeless helping him put it all together? Who told him he was put in a trunk? When did that person tell him that? The same night? So he remembhes being told of the horrifying events but not experiencing them? Lol OK Bob.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1422386806' post='10829393']
The presser. I bought it. If he's lying he's a very good liar.

Not sure what is so impossible about him getting drugged.

This whole thread is jump on RA because we think he's a pr*ck.
[/quote]

Completely disagree. I have no opinion of RA apart from this incident. I don't know what happened here, but his story clearly doesn't pass the smell test. And I strongly disapprove of people, including professional athletes, who fabricate a story to the police (as well as the public) about what happened to them.

[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422388181' post='10829541']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422387873' post='10829503'][quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422387454' post='10829453']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422386895' post='10829403']He kept saying he didn't remember anything after 11:06 PM. Isn't it strange and very convenient that the last thing he can remember occurred precisely when we can prove exactly where he was?

If someone were on trial, and the district attorney said "sir. We have witnesses who put you at the specific spot 11:06 and then see you again at 1:30. Where were you between then? "

If the defendant said" I blacked out completely during that exact time." Would it be believable?
Because he keeps saying he forgot everything after 11:06 PM. Not a few minutes before, not a few minutes after. Everything is only lost when we can't prove We know he's lying.[/quote]

Supposedly, the surveillance video shows Allenby really stumbling out of the bathroom and then a homeless person finds in a stupor on the sidewalk. Then 2 hrs of nothing until another homeless person finds him, but I thought Rex Hoggard said that Allenby, not just his credit card, was at the club.
[/quote]
See that's the thing. Even if he was in a black at state. There would be something about that strip club that he would remember. Just a second maybe a nipple. Maybe the smell of the place. When he read his account or the timeline, there would be a part that goes "oh yeah. I think I might remember something about that."
But he is saying he remembers absolutely nothing. That doesn't ring true. I spent most of my 20s and a blackout state, drinking and ingesting God knows what. Even on the worst bender, there are always little tiny blips that would come back.
Especially if there was someone there to remind me of a timeline. I would find myself saying oh my God I did do that." Or, "crap! Did that hotel room have a painting of something that looks like a coyote raping a deer? I remember being there. "

Allenby's mad that people are scrutinizing a story. But the people scrutinizing the story are all people who have tried to pass off lies about stupid times they got trashed. We're expert witnesses baby.[/quote]

But aren't the effects of a dater-rape or similar drug a little stronger than alcohol where you could forget chunks of time?
[/quote]
If it was something like Rohypnol. His black out-of-state would be much longer, not just a couple of hours. But once again there would be blips that he might remember.

See, he doesn't remember actually being in a strip club.

But he claims to remember a homeless woman telling him something. He claims to remember an actual conversation. And he remembers enough of that conversation accurately to make you wonder why he remembers that conversation.
My theory is, he used homeless people as an alibi, assuming that no one would be able to track these homeless people down. Because in most places you can't. But apparently in Hawaii in that area the homeless people are quite social. Who would guess that?

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

Fabricating a story to the police is a serious crime and is chargeable all on it's own. It's what I was refering to Kymer. Parforme, the police really disapprove of fabrication as well. If they believe Allenby is making all this s*** up, he will have to answer to the law for having done so.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Interesting to me is how forceful he was at the press conference. He believes his version of events. The press seems to be backing off from it's previous position of extreme doubt.
I think Playaway is right. Those who do not like Allenby are looking to justify themselves.
I believe he is a confused victim. I also believe in innocence until proven otherwise in a court of law. He hasn't been charged with anything. Still, many of you want to believe he is guilty.
[/quote]

First rule of being a good liar, believe your lies.

Callaway BB B21 9*
Callaway XR 18* 
Titlesist 910h 21*
G10 28*
Ping G, 6 - U
Callaway PM Grind 56*
Scotty Golo 5
Cally Truvis / Srixon Z star

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422388481' post='10829579']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422387873' post='10829503']
[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422387454' post='10829453']
[quote name='monkeynaut' timestamp='1422386895' post='10829403']He kept saying he didn't remember anything after 11:06 PM. Isn't it strange and very convenient that the last thing he can remember occurred precisely when we can prove exactly where he was?

If someone were on trial, and the district attorney said "sir. We have witnesses who put you at the specific spot 11:06 and then see you again at 1:30. Where were you between then? "

If the defendant said" I blacked out completely during that exact time." Would it be believable?
Because he keeps saying he forgot everything after 11:06 PM. Not a few minutes before, not a few minutes after. Everything is only lost when we can't prove We know he's lying.[/quote]

Supposedly, the surveillance video shows Allenby really stumbling out of the bathroom and then a homeless person finds in a stupor on the sidewalk. Then 2 hrs of nothing until another homeless person finds him, but I thought Rex Hoggard said that Allenby, not just his credit card, was at the club.
[/quote]
See that's the thing. Even if he was in a black at state. There would be something about that strip club that he would remember. Just a second maybe a nipple. Maybe the smell of the place. When he read his account or the timeline, there would be a part that goes "oh yeah. I think I might remember something about that."
But he is saying he remembers absolutely nothing. That doesn't ring true. I spent most of my 20s and a blackout state, drinking and ingesting God knows what. Even on the worst bender, there are always little tiny blips that would come back.
Especially if there was someone there to remind me of a timeline. I would find myself saying oh my God I did do that." Or, "crap! Did that hotel room have a painting of something that looks like a coyote raping a deer? I remember being there. "

Allenby's mad that people are scrutinizing a story. But the people scrutinizing the story are all people who have tried to pass off lies about stupid times they got trashed. We're expert witnesses baby.
[/quote]
Drinking oneself into a stupor is one thing. Being drugged is quite another, monkeynaut. I'll bet that your old bad self never gave yourself a roofie, right? You shouldn't have, anyway.....
The stories from those who've been served such drug cocktails are consistent with Allenby's claim that he has absolutely no memory in that time period.
[/quote]
Jeez, full disclosure. No. Never took rohypnol as far as I recall (never asked the names a lot). But I had a crazy ex-girlfriend who loved to rave. She mixed up some GHB once. Pretty much same effect. and while there was a helluva black out. there were little blips that i remembered the next day.
I gotta say. I NOT LIKE THAT STUFF. One and done. Never again.

[quote name='Pert1862' timestamp='1422389212' post='10829663']
[/quote]

First rule of being a good liar, believe your lies.
[/quote]

exactly. even when they are as ridiculous as this:

[i]"You see this in movies," Allenby, 43, told NBC Sports. "I've watched 'Taken' and 'Taken 2' a few times. It's kind of like a spitting image"[/i]

GTFO

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[i]Too many kangaroos holding court in this thread........[/i]

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422390169' post='10829777']
[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422390103' post='10829767']
[/quote]

The Allenby apologists are staging a counterattack.
[/quote]

If this was Fred Couples and everything else was the same this thread would be over.

Valhalla, I am coming!
Drums beating, cold English blood
runs hot.
they just can't kill the beast

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1422390468' post='10829815']
[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422390169' post='10829777']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If this was Fred Couples and everything else was the same this thread would be over.
[/quote]

If this was Fred Couples the thread would be twice as long.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422390108' post='10829769']
Bill Clinton seemed pretty believable about Ms. Lewinsky at first.
[/quote]
Never compare the two. Clinton was a GENIUS. Allenby is an idiot. Clinton, IN A DEPOSITION, tried to differentiate the definition of the word "is."
That's at a whole nuther level. See 1:15

[indent=1]It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. If the ?if he ?
if "is" means is and never has been, that is not--- that is one thing.
If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement.[/indent]
[indent=1]-President Bill Clinton[/indent]

http://youtu.be/xHlt1W83JFU

[indent=1][url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHlt1W83JFU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHlt1W83JFU[/url][/indent]

[quote name='Mtn_Mikey' timestamp='1422386952' post='10829409']
And all of this impacts me and my golf game how?

What a complete waste of band width and air time.
[/quote]

This can affect one of the first PGA tour events of the year, in which I am sure you enjoyed watching. In addition a potential vacation excuse and golf, to come to hawaii now that we have this black eye? Directly impact your game? Not so much, but indirectly impact it and many many others? Highly probable.....

PS if its a waste of time..... guess what....Dont click....no one has kidnapped you and thrown you in a trunk to read this thread.....

[/quote]

nbg, I agree with you in the sense that the man has a hazy account. This is the problem that I see, If he knows that he has a hazy memory, how can you remember being drugged, grabbed by 2 men, kidnapped, thrown in a trunk of a car. But people that were not drugged be it homeless have a completely different story?

I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was robbed, but not mugged. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that his memory is hazy, I will give him the benefit of the doubt that yes he his a victim, I will even give him the benefit of the doubt that he may have been drugged (Highly Highly unlikely) But to make a whole story of being kidnapped/mugged when his injuries as stated BY THE POLICE do not indicate a physical attack....

His hazy memory is causing fear, doubt and problems for the STATE OF HAWAII. Tourism, he is making it sound like Hawaii is a potential threat to tourist. Millions of tourist come to Hawaii every year, How many reports do we have of Kidnapping? I havent seen any kidnapping, robbery? Yes, Mugging....mmmm I wont say mugging but stealing yes.

Instead of making a whole "Taken" move out of this, why didnt he say that I dont remember much....my memories is hazy..... I think something happen to me but I am not sure, Yes my wallet and phone was gone, I may have been robbed while my memory was hazy. But he made this "kidnapping" story because he was told he was seen dropped out of a trunk NOT because he remembers being dropped out of a trunk........

Again...... This isnt only about RA.... This is about his statements that can affect MILLIONS of people..... Tourist, Sponsors and hard working locals that are just doing what they can to survive here in Hawaii, just because he cant remember what he did that evening.......be it parting like a Rockstar and making bad choices.....

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[i]Allenby Apologist? Hardly. I've never liked him. [/i]
[i]But I will defend him and anyone who finds himself in the same position. [/i]
[i]Conflicting stories occur all the time in everyday life, without anyone being a liar. There are three sides to every story....his, theirs and the truth. I prefer to wait for the truth to clearly emerge rather than make it up based upon half truths, innuendo, and mistaken recollection. I sem to be in minority in that regard but I am comfortable with it. [/i]

[quote name='parforme' timestamp='1422388687' post='10829603']
[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1422386806' post='10829393']
The presser. I bought it. If he's lying he's a very good liar.

Not sure what is so impossible about him getting drugged.

This whole thread is jump on RA because we think he's a pr*ck.
[/quote]

Completely disagree. I have no opinion of RA apart from this incident. I don't know what happened here, but his story clearly doesn't pass the smell test. And I strongly disapprove of people, including professional athletes, who fabricate a story to the police (as well as the public) about what happened to them.
[/quote]

Agree. Before this incident I couldn't have told you the difference between Robert Allenby and that other dude with the Robert Allenby sounding name. [i]​[/i]Hell, I wouldn't have believed this story if I told it myself.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422390940' post='10829877']
[i]But I will defend him and anyone who finds himself in the same position. [/i]
[i]Conflicting stories occur all the time in everyday life, without anyone being a liar. There are three sides to every story....his, theirs and the truth. I prefer to wait for the truth to clearly emerge rather than make it up based upon half truths, innuendo, and mistaken recollection. I sem to be in minority in that regard but I am comfortable with it. [/i]
[/quote]

The truth is emerging but it's not coming from Allenby. He's been a liar from the word go.

[quote name='nbg352' timestamp='1422390940' post='10829877']
[/quote]

nbg, while again I totally agree with you about the 3 sides of the story, When you make statements there are repercussions, dont you think his statements were a little over the top and overblown. Shouldnt he have been filtered or tried to make a clearer account before making wild accusations that are now accusations and no one has validated his claims?

Again.....his claims......could affect millions of people and millions of dollars?

*edit*
Lets just say that we can never prove that he is lying......because it can go either way? He will stick to his story. That is fine...... But now what about Hawaii, what does Hawaii do now? How do we recover from this? What if "Sony" says !#@#$ we dont want to be involved with this anymore....cant take a chance...... What now.....

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

1) RA was not drunk
2) RA does not and never has done any type of drugs
3) His card was used at a strip club according to reports - he didnt use it
4) His caddie left 10 mins BUT he was still there with another friend
5) As RA came from bathroom the group of men & one woman told RA his friend had gone downstairs because it was 11pm and closing time
6) his friend was actually still in the bar waiting for him
7) Friend went looking for RA when he hadnt returned but could only find some people around a car in car park who denied seeing him leave and no sign of RA
8) Friend went looking around the area for RA but couldnt see him or find him and couldnt get hold of him on his phone
9) Two hours later he is found in park
Lot of mis information out there - as RA said in his news conference it will hopefully all be resolved and until that time he cant do much but try and play golf again as that is the only thing he can control right now- the talk and stories he cant control.. Its a sad time but I know he will strong enough to write a bigger better story on the course in the upcoming months and the rest will be worked out in the correct manner

[quote name='Playaway' timestamp='1422390468' post='10829815'][quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422390169' post='10829777']
[/quote]

[/quote]

If this was Fred Couples and everything else was the same this thread would be over.[/quote]

Nice logical fallacy, bro.