2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Very excited about this project

I am repeating some of what was said above.

1 and 6 on the new are the old 1 and 2.

2-5 are on the old maple meadows east property to the north of Oak Meadows.

New course's 6-9 are the old OM's 2-5.

In summary:

Old Oak Meadows' 9, 13, 14 and 16 are gone, replaced by holes on Maples Meadows east land (2, 3, 4 and 5)

I just went over by Oak Meadows on my lunch hour and 2-5 look fantastic.

The bunkering on the short dogleg left par 4 Fourth looks pretty amazing.

The uphill 3rd shot on the par 5 Fifth will be awesome (3 bunkers, stacked on top of each other give some clue to the elevation gain).

I think the new 9 will be a great finishing hole for the front 9.

10 will be a tough start to the back

(11, as was said, is the same as old 11, routing wise).

12 is new hole (short par 4) that traces the old #8

13 is new hole (long, cape style dogleg right par 5), which traces the old #6

14 is new hole (par 4, no greenside bunkers) which traces the old #7

15 is new hole (par 5 with 3rd shot carry over wetland) which traces the old #12

16 is new hole which following old 15 (as was mentioned), tee boxes on other side of creek which gives a nice angle to this short par 4

17 is new hole (great conversion from par 4 to par 3)

18 follows old #18

I think this is one of the most important, or at least, most interesting golf stories in Chicago for the last 40 years?

at least from the point of view from how long it took them to buy all of the land up...

the air of backroom dealings on this project

The promise of a great golf course that will provide stormwater retention and restoration of salt creek...

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

From the RFQ...this isn't even a bid...just a qualification process to see if you can be included in the bid.

"Main components of the work will include the development of three alternative floor plans that will accommodate a kitchen, bar/snack bar, meeting room/banquet room, business office and patio. The possibility of integrating the pro shop into the clubhouse should be evaluated, as well as the preliminary design of the necessary utilities to serve the building. The building should be sited to maximize views in accordance with the Oak Meadows Golf Preserve master plan while also promoting operational efficiencies (customer flow bag drop, cart staging area, practice areas, etc.). A minimum of two perspective renderings for each alternative shall be included. This information developed will be used to determine the feasibility and support for the construction of the new clubhouse."

Sadly, it's too late for the firm of Pelz and Nutz to put their design in. I know...you're bummed...very understandable.

Thanks for clarifying

2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

The promise of a great golf course that will provide stormwater retention and restoration of salt creek...

I agree that the course will probably end up being something special. I enjoyed the old layout. It was a nice change of pace when I would play it. This new alignment looks good though.

Unfortunately the overall project will probably not keep Salt Creek from flooding it during the larger storm events. The watershed to that point is much so large that creating any storage on the golf course would be like a providing a thimble when you really needed a 50 gallon drum. Any new storage on the course is out there to meet DuPage Co Requirements for filling in some of the other low lying areas to grade a new fairway or green.

The creek is another story. Without some decent rock put in place and the old crap that looked like oversized jacks, the banks are going to keep carving out.

Wb

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

Interesting comments waterboy

Have you read the project documents outlining the creek restoration and the volume calculations for flooding events?

They are available if one searches master planning documents

10 of the 16 million went to creek restoration and creation of wetlands for flood volume

TM TP5x

Interesting comments waterboy

Have you read the project documents outlining the creek restoration and the volume calculations for flooding events?

They are available if one searches master planning documents

10 of the 16 million went to creek restoration and creation of wetlands for flood volume

I haven't looked at it. Do you have a link handy? I wouldn't mind looking at it.

Maybe I'm way off base with my thoughts.

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

Here's a link to the presentation made by Greg Martin. It will answer questions on new holes.

http://www.dupageforest.org/District.../October_10_Open_House_Slide_Presentation.aspx

Here are the new hole by hole descriptions.

Hole 1 – 392, 372, 350, 315 287 This beautiful start will be essentially the same hole as the existing 1st hole, with some minor modifications: the landing area will be a bit wider; there will be a fairway bunker added on the left side about 285 yards from the back tee; the left side of the green will be opened with a large bail-out area and the right side of the green will be well bunkered. Playing due north, this medium length par 4 will feel very familiar.

Hole 2 – 576, 541, 503, 455, 429 The tees for this par 5 will begin on the site of the existing 5th tee of the East Course. However, the tee shot will play downhill and aligned to the northwest. The landing area will be massive, playing just southeast of a large wetland pond and framed by a large stand of oaks and hickories on the right. The hole will turn hard left, sweeping along the south side of the wetland and providing a variety of second shot options. The pre-existing creek will be restored and will bisect the fairway approach, tempting bold golfers and allowing the cautious to lay-up. Well protected on the left side with bunkers and framed by oaks, this beautiful green setting will encourage play from the right.

Hole 3 – 200, 186, 162, 143, 123 As the first encounter with Salt Creek, this medium long par 3 will play directly west over Salt Creek. Set along the creek edge, the tee shot will play into a green set into the hillside. The green will be wide and subtly graded with ample bail-out and chipping areas to the right. Page | 19

Hole 4 – 345, 331, 298, 264, 240 From the northwestern corner of the property, this hole will be designed to allow a variety of play options from the tee. Playing due south, a wide and generous fairway will bend slightly southeast along a ridgeline. The approach will taper as the ridge narrows, protected with distinctive and deep bunkering. The green will be narrow and long, rapidly ascending into the Salt Creek valley floodplain.

Hole 5 – 539, 520, 495, 460, 385 This hole will be very comparable to the East Nine hole 2. Playing downhill from a gorgeous setting, the tee shot will ascend into the Salt Creek valley to a wide fairway flanked on the right by a pair of bunkers. Playing as a good three-shot hole, the next shot will be then back uphill to a slender approach and small amphitheater green surrounded by hardwoods.

Hole 6 – 411, 395, 362, 310, 275 Returning to the Oak Meadows golf preserve, this hole will begin a stretch that traces current holes. With a few minor changes, hole 6 will play roughly the same. With additional length and tee options, expanded landing area and more interesting approach options and contour, this hole will be reminiscent of the existing hole with some added wrinkles.

Hole 7 – 398, 381, 341, 320, 260 This hole, too, will have a memorable essence. Playing down and along the wetlands bordering Salt Creek, this medium length par 4 will dogleg around the oaks and hillside to a green well-bunkered on the left with bail-out areas on the right.

Hole 8 – 187, 168, 152, 125, 98 This par 3 [existing hole 4] is an iconic par 3 that will play the on an angle with the water. Highlighted with a boulder rock wall, added tees, an elevated green perched above Salt Creek, small and devious bunkering and a long and very undulating green that could play as much as 90 feet from front to back, this hole will be familiar, but with added flavor and seasoning. Page | 20

Hole 9 – 444, 423, 382, 36, 307 A suitable finish to the front nine, this will be a strong and long par 4 exposing the best of Salt reek and selected views of the clubhouse/ This ͞cape hole͛ will slowly arch along the creek bank to invite a variety of play options. Finishing near the existing hole 9 tees, the green will be sited to an Oxbow [a bend in the creek], creating an exposed and intimidating approach with a spectacular backdrop. This will be a strong par 4 requiring solid and bold play.

Hole 10 – 332, 313, 275, 241, 221 After a brief visit to the clubhouse, golfers will be treated to the vistas on the 10th tee. The tees will be sited in the approximate location of the existing hole 10 tees but aligned southwest and heading at an angle to a reachable green. This short par 4 will offer a variety of options from the tee. This small green will be adequately protected with bunkers, false-fronts, steep approaches and undulations.

Hole 11 – 427, 402, 368, 302, 295 A strong, long par 4 playing directly west and uphill, this hole will favor long-hitters. A solid drive will leave a long iron to a large green positioned from front left to back right. Deceptive ͚fore͛ bunkering will hide the approach on the left, and a right greenside bunker will be deep and protect the back right.

Hole 12 – 216, 204, 180, 149, 135 This big par 3 will play east/northeast over a newly created wetland area. Multiple tee complexes will allow a variety of lengths and alignments to a large green. This hole will play as a reverse Redan, where the green will be sloped gently from front left to back right, requiring an exacting shot. Page | 21

Hole 13 – 567, 536, 495, 415, 393 A three shot hole will sweep along the western edge of a newly constructed irrigation pond. A lone and deep bunker will bisect the landing area at the 280-300 yard mark, providing options for the tee shot. Golfers choosing to play to the upper left will have a wider berth but will have a less appealing second shot. The bold play to the lower right fairway is narrow and will flirt with the pond, but provide a better vantage to the green. A pair of strategically located bunkers on the left will impact the second shot, requiring a decision to lay-up or play long. The green will be positioned and perched above the pond.

Hole 14 – 446, 414, 370, 331, 307 This strong par 4 will play almost due south and slightly uphill. A good driving hole, the approach will be determined by the position off the tee. A pair of staggered fairway bunkers will pinch the landing area, while the green will be braced with a bunker on the left. Golfers can bail to the right of the green to the open, but will be faced with challenging chips from the right.

Hole 15 – 554, 517, 492, 451, 410 This hole will be reminiscent of the existing hole 12. A downhill par 5, it will start with a left to right tee shot. Options will be presented on the second shot: Golfers may play short of the overflow creek; play over that feature; or play directly to the green. This hole will play down and then back up to a green perched slightly and bunkered well on both sides.

Hole 16 – 327, 309, 298, 290, 217 This will be a hole long 19th discussed at the hole. This short par 4 will play along and over Salt Creek into a beautiful hillside setting. An ample fairway will allow golfers to play away, short of a Page | 22 singular fairway bunker. Longer players may choose to play over that bunker to a chipping area short and left of the green. The best and boldest players may choose to take dead-aim and play directly to the green. This green will be positioned tightly along the banks and precipitous slopes with Salt Creek waiting to the right. Thus, any play to the left of the green will have to be cautious with an aggressive approach.

Hole 17 – 201, 171, 145, 130, 115 Using the existing 17th hole as inspiration, this new par 3 will play through this stand of majestic oaks and hickories to a large green that is well bunkered on the front and right. Playing east and uphill, with a ͚forebunker͛ positioned on the left, this hole will play longer than it appears. A strong long iron and a steely nerve will be necessary to navigate the trees and many potential pin positions.

Hole 18 – 466, 439, 386, 339, 309 This iconic hole was fated to be the finish at Oak Meadows. An historic hole, this long par 4 will play downhill with a slight dogleg right through stands of oaks, maples and hickory trees and back uphill to a long and narrow green. Framed by a deep hillside bunker on the left, a deep bail out area to the right and bunkers flanking the approach this will be fitting finish to the round.

Thanks for the direction to info on the course Pelz. I was on my phone earlier and finding anything on the internet is a task.

Lots of good info in the articles.

A couple things I noticed from reading the articles:

20 Mil gallons of storage is created as part of the course improvement. That's awesome. I'm for stormwater storage wherever it can go. 20Mil seems like a huge number when you look at one area. When its converted to a more common stormwater unit, its about 62 acre-feet. To better visualize how much this is do this: pull up an aerial (google map or earth) and find the existing parking lot of Oak Meadows and the existing driving range. This is approximately 15 acres. Now imagine that whole area is a 4 foot deep swimming. That's roughly the equivalent to the amount of storage being added. Its a decent amount, like I mentioned earlier, any stormwater storage is good stormwater storage.

Without really breaking down the numbers in the report its hard to tell what the storage going to help, but I imagine it will help protect the course from the more frequent storm events. Everyone in the Chicago area is used to hearing the 100-year rainfall event occur every year (not this past year, drought year). I imagine this amount of storage provided will protect the golf course from a rain fall event that has the probability of occurring once every year (1-year rainfall event) or once every other year (2-year rainfall event).

I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts, a thimble when a drum is needed. Looking up some quick numbers, this part of Salt Creek has approximately 70 square miles that drains through it. Most of it residential probably developed prior to any legitimate stormwater ordinance in the county. So my crude calculations, assuming a 1 inch rainfall over the 70 sq miles will result in about 300 ac-ft of runoff (again assume a crude calculation). So that give you an idea of the potential for coming through the newly created storage and how much new storage is created.

The other thing I liked from the article is that they are doing more than just removing the ugly existing streambank and doing some hard armor and riffles. Both will be good during low flow, but once flow increases, the riffles will over top and velocities will increase. That is where the bank structures come into play. Water quality improvements is something that is a different way of saying "preventing some of the banks to wash away and deposit downstream"

So I have probably bored the living snot out of all of you. I'm sorry.

Please don't ban me.

wb

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

good comments.

I'm still looking for links as I downloaded the files.

If you want to message me your email I could email you the files.

TM TP5x

TM TP5x

Thanks for posting these DP4

Only change from that plan is that the 10 and 12th have switched "pars."

Meaning 10 will be a par 3 and 12 will be a short par 4.

Here's a link to the presentation made by Greg Martin. It will answer questions on new holes.

http://www.dupagefor...esentation.aspx

Here are the new hole by hole descriptions.

Hole 1 – 392, 372, 350, 315 287 This beautiful start will be essentially the same hole as the existing 1st hole, with some minor modifications: the landing area will be a bit wider; there will be a fairway bunker added on the left side about 285 yards from the back tee; the left side of the green will be opened with a large bail-out area and the right side of the green will be well bunkered. Playing due north, this medium length par 4 will feel very familiar.

Hole 2 – 576, 541, 503, 455, 429 The tees for this par 5 will begin on the site of the existing 5th tee of the East Course. However, the tee shot will play downhill and aligned to the northwest. The landing area will be massive, playing just southeast of a large wetland pond and framed by a large stand of oaks and hickories on the right. The hole will turn hard left, sweeping along the south side of the wetland and providing a variety of second shot options. The pre-existing creek will be restored and will bisect the fairway approach, tempting bold golfers and allowing the cautious to lay-up. Well protected on the left side with bunkers and framed by oaks, this beautiful green setting will encourage play from the right.

Hole 3 – 200, 186, 162, 143, 123 As the first encounter with Salt Creek, this medium long par 3 will play directly west over Salt Creek. Set along the creek edge, the tee shot will play into a green set into the hillside. The green will be wide and subtly graded with ample bail-out and chipping areas to the right. Page | 19

Hole 4 – 345, 331, 298, 264, 240 From the northwestern corner of the property, this hole will be designed to allow a variety of play options from the tee. Playing due south, a wide and generous fairway will bend slightly southeast along a ridgeline. The approach will taper as the ridge narrows, protected with distinctive and deep bunkering. The green will be narrow and long, rapidly ascending into the Salt Creek valley floodplain.

Hole 5 – 539, 520, 495, 460, 385 This hole will be very comparable to the East Nine hole 2. Playing downhill from a gorgeous setting, the tee shot will ascend into the Salt Creek valley to a wide fairway flanked on the right by a pair of bunkers. Playing as a good three-shot hole, the next shot will be then back uphill to a slender approach and small amphitheater green surrounded by hardwoods.

Hole 6 – 411, 395, 362, 310, 275 Returning to the Oak Meadows golf preserve, this hole will begin a stretch that traces current holes. With a few minor changes, hole 6 will play roughly the same. With additional length and tee options, expanded landing area and more interesting approach options and contour, this hole will be reminiscent of the existing hole with some added wrinkles.

Hole 7 – 398, 381, 341, 320, 260 This hole, too, will have a memorable essence. Playing down and along the wetlands bordering Salt Creek, this medium length par 4 will dogleg around the oaks and hillside to a green well-bunkered on the left with bail-out areas on the right.

Hole 8 – 187, 168, 152, 125, 98 This par 3 [existing hole 4] is an iconic par 3 that will play the on an angle with the water. Highlighted with a boulder rock wall, added tees, an elevated green perched above Salt Creek, small and devious bunkering and a long and very undulating green that could play as much as 90 feet from front to back, this hole will be familiar, but with added flavor and seasoning. Page | 20

Hole 9 – 444, 423, 382, 36, 307 A suitable finish to the front nine, this will be a strong and long par 4 exposing the best of Salt reek and selected views of the clubhouse/ This ͞cape hole͛ will slowly arch along the creek bank to invite a variety of play options. Finishing near the existing hole 9 tees, the green will be sited to an Oxbow [a bend in the creek], creating an exposed and intimidating approach with a spectacular backdrop. This will be a strong par 4 requiring solid and bold play.

Hole 10 – 332, 313, 275, 241, 221 After a brief visit to the clubhouse, golfers will be treated to the vistas on the 10th tee. The tees will be sited in the approximate location of the existing hole 10 tees but aligned southwest and heading at an angle to a reachable green. This short par 4 will offer a variety of options from the tee. This small green will be adequately protected with bunkers, false-fronts, steep approaches and undulations.

Hole 11 – 427, 402, 368, 302, 295 A strong, long par 4 playing directly west and uphill, this hole will favor long-hitters. A solid drive will leave a long iron to a large green positioned from front left to back right. Deceptive ͚fore͛ bunkering will hide the approach on the left, and a right greenside bunker will be deep and protect the back right.

Hole 12 – 216, 204, 180, 149, 135 This big par 3 will play east/northeast over a newly created wetland area. Multiple tee complexes will allow a variety of lengths and alignments to a large green. This hole will play as a reverse Redan, where the green will be sloped gently from front left to back right, requiring an exacting shot. Page | 21

Hole 13 – 567, 536, 495, 415, 393 A three shot hole will sweep along the western edge of a newly constructed irrigation pond. A lone and deep bunker will bisect the landing area at the 280-300 yard mark, providing options for the tee shot. Golfers choosing to play to the upper left will have a wider berth but will have a less appealing second shot. The bold play to the lower right fairway is narrow and will flirt with the pond, but provide a better vantage to the green. A pair of strategically located bunkers on the left will impact the second shot, requiring a decision to lay-up or play long. The green will be positioned and perched above the pond.

Hole 14 – 446, 414, 370, 331, 307 This strong par 4 will play almost due south and slightly uphill. A good driving hole, the approach will be determined by the position off the tee. A pair of staggered fairway bunkers will pinch the landing area, while the green will be braced with a bunker on the left. Golfers can bail to the right of the green to the open, but will be faced with challenging chips from the right.

Hole 15 – 554, 517, 492, 451, 410 This hole will be reminiscent of the existing hole 12. A downhill par 5, it will start with a left to right tee shot. Options will be presented on the second shot: Golfers may play short of the overflow creek; play over that feature; or play directly to the green. This hole will play down and then back up to a green perched slightly and bunkered well on both sides.

Hole 16 – 327, 309, 298, 290, 217 This will be a hole long 19th discussed at the hole. This short par 4 will play along and over Salt Creek into a beautiful hillside setting. An ample fairway will allow golfers to play away, short of a Page | 22 singular fairway bunker. Longer players may choose to play over that bunker to a chipping area short and left of the green. The best and boldest players may choose to take dead-aim and play directly to the green. This green will be positioned tightly along the banks and precipitous slopes with Salt Creek waiting to the right. Thus, any play to the left of the green will have to be cautious with an aggressive approach.

Hole 17 – 201, 171, 145, 130, 115 Using the existing 17th hole as inspiration, this new par 3 will play through this stand of majestic oaks and hickories to a large green that is well bunkered on the front and right. Playing east and uphill, with a ͚forebunker͛ positioned on the left, this hole will play longer than it appears. A strong long iron and a steely nerve will be necessary to navigate the trees and many potential pin positions.

Hole 18 – 466, 439, 386, 339, 309 This iconic hole was fated to be the finish at Oak Meadows. An historic hole, this long par 4 will play downhill with a slight dogleg right through stands of oaks, maples and hickory trees and back uphill to a long and narrow green. Framed by a deep hillside bunker on the left, a deep bail out area to the right and bunkers flanking the approach this will be fitting finish to the round.

TM TP5x

good comments.

I'm still looking for links as I downloaded the files.

If you want to message me your email I could email you the files.

Promise not to share it?

I get enough hate mail in my work account.

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

I actually find that very interesting WB, thank you. Given the amount of development in DuPage county I really don't think there is any one way to fix the problem, but it should help. If nothing else it might keep, or delay, Elmhurst from flooding so badly and so frequently, and Oak Brook GC/Butler after that.

I promise.

Have a look at the link I posted first.

I think most of the major files are there.

I'd recommend the following 2 files linked on that page:

1) Master Plan Concept Verification

2) Oak Meadows Preserve Improvements Project Update

TM TP5x

I actually find that very interesting WB, thank you. Given the amount of development in DuPage county I really don't think there is any one way to fix the problem, but it should help. If nothing else it might keep, or delay, Elmhurst from flooding so badly and so frequently, and Oak Brook GC/Butler after that.

If I remember correctly.

Butler did some bank stabilization several years ago.

Wb

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

I promise.

Have a look at the link I posted first.

I think most of the major files are there.

I'd recommend the following 2 files linked on that page:

1) Master Plan Concept Verification

2) Oak Meadows Preserve Improvements Project Update

Will do. Thanks for the links.

WITB:
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind

If I remember correctly.

Butler did some bank stabilization several years ago.

Wb

Interesting, didn't know that. I do know several times in the past few years after a big rain the range at Oak Brook had flooded out, and just across the creek from it is Butler's 18th hole. It has to have been underwater a few times.

If you look at the illustration in post 4402, you'll see the majority of the wetlands area are contiguous to Salt Creek with the remaining parts where other small ponds, etc. are located. The incorporation of forced carries suggests that the fairways will be built a bit higher to help facilitate drainage into the wetlands or Salt Creek and eliminate some of the old dead spots that existed even after a moderately heavy rain.

If the course is true to the drawing, 11 of the holes will have forced carries of some type which while providing drainage relief, could definitely impact the pace of play.

good point on forced carries and pace of play.

Another thought I had was...

It would be interesting to see a time lapse video of the completed course taking on water during a large rain storm...

first salt creek would rise and then it would start to flood into the adjacent wetlands

probably get some interesting variety of course visuals at different water levels

TM TP5x

I'm gonna try to get in 36 on Sunday at Highland Woods and HoE. I have the first time at Woods so with the time change, as long as there's no frost delay I should be able to get in both rounds. I'm fully anticipating plinko greens with huge punches at Woods but $30 on a weekend at HoE is stealing.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

I'm gonna try to get in 36 on Sunday at Highland Woods and HoE. I have the first time at Woods so with the time change, as long as there's no frost delay I should be able to get in both rounds. I'm fully anticipating plinko greens with huge punches at Woods but $30 on a weekend at HoE is stealing.

Morning temperatures should be in the high 40's, so you should be good to go. With no rain in the forecast between now and then, hopefully things will dry up a bit.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Anyone play Maple Meadows lately? Have the greens been punched?

I played it on September 24, half the greens were punched, I'd imagine the other half would have been done the following week so plenty of time to heal up. But they were the big punches.

Just talked to a buddy who played it in the Rambo scramble (weekend before last) and he said they were all good

TM TP5x

You'll never see Oak Brook discount heavily, just not what they do. And when it comes time for cheap off-season golf they simply shut down for the winter.

Last spring I played a round there and the senior citizen working in the pro shop said, "You look like a resident. $21." I tried just showing up again a couple of weeks later but had to pay full price. The guy working the desk was about 40. The moral of this story: the older the guy behind the counter, the less you'll probably have to pay.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II