New Wilson 50 Elite.

Minarets

I used these balls today in 7*c weather and they felt and worked great. Fired off a +3 for my first February round of golf ever and my first round since August. I used yellow ones today and they were nice and easy to see, even in the brown grass. Love, love, love this ball!!

Where did you play?

There's a little executive course 5 minutes outside the city that was open for the weekend due to the nice weather, Indian Lake Golf Course is the name of it.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used these balls today in 7*c weather and they felt and worked great. Fired off a +3 for my first February round of golf ever and my first round since August. I used yellow ones today and they were nice and easy to see, even in the brown grass. Love, love, love this ball!!

Where did you play?

There's a little executive course 5 minutes outside the city that was open for the weekend due to the nice weather, Indian Lake Golf Course is the name of it.

Is that the one out Main St, or the #7 in Dartmouth?

Where did you play?

Is that the one out Main St, or the #7 in Dartmouth?

Naw I believe those would be the Links of Montegue and Grandview GC. This one is out the Pospect road almost to Granite Springs and Towards Peggy's Cove :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Interesting! Very reasonable green fees, and even a simulator! Have you tried out the simulator?

Pics make it look well groomed. No membership?

Their sims are new just last year I think, they are pretty sweet though, I've played it a couple times now. Nope, they don't do memberships but green fees aren't to bad. It's just a small executive course but they take really nice care of it. Its great when you don't have time for a full round and only 10 minutes outside the city. I've had my boy playing there since he was 8, its perfect for kids and beginners to learn on.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd give this a bump for the budget minded Elite 50 fans out there. Walmart still has the old style (small box) on the shelf for $12.95, but if you order them online and pick them up at the store, they're only $10.40. Being that the only local course that's open is a ball swallowing swamp, they'll be perfect.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Diamana Kai'li-R
Ping G15 4 Wood 17* Serrano 75-R
Ping G25 20* Hybrid TFC189-R
Ping Anser 23* Hybrid TFC800H-R
Ping i25 4,5,6 / S55 7-W CFS-R
Ping Glide SS 50* CFS-W
Ping Glide ES 56* CFS-W
Ping Anser G2
Golf Pride CP2 Wraps
Yellow Trusoft / Elite 50

Dang it, I've been such an advocate for the Gamer Soft as of late but I keep reading about these Elite 50s!! I'm tempted to try it only because they're pretty much available everywhere around here and I have to drive about 30 miles to get my GamerSofts from GG.

My only concern is that people have complained about loss of distance. Is this normal? GamerSoft has been awesome distance wise.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

Dang it, I've been such an advocate for the Gamer Soft as of late but I keep reading about these Elite 50s!! I'm tempted to try it only because they're pretty much available everywhere around here and I have to drive about 30 miles to get my GamerSofts from GG.

My only concern is that people have complained about loss of distance. Is this normal? GamerSoft has been awesome distance wise.

I believe GS is better. It has some green side bite.

I may try the gamer soft during the summer, previously I have tried the gamers (standard) & the tour.

But for this weekend I plan to use the gamers (standard, now the previous version) & 50 elite on most holes.

I may try the gamer soft during the summer, previously I have tried the gamers (standard) & the tour.

But for this weekend I plan to use the gamers (standard, now the previous version) & 50 elite on most holes.

I'm picked up some Gamer Soft's and like them better than the 50 elite.

I thought about picking some up to use (instead of the standard gamers) with the 50 elite..............but I can't seem to get an answer from DSG if the new gamer soft is now geared towards all swing speeds & not just slower swing speeds like the prior model.

I thought about picking some up to use (instead of the standard gamers) with the 50 elite..............but I can't seem to get an answer from DSG if the new gamer soft is now geared towards all swing speeds & not just slower swing speeds like the prior model.

I dont know. I've only played them for a round but I didn't notice the loss in distance like I have with the 50's in the past. I swing it around 100ish + or - a few mph.

I've compared the two, and I didn't really notice a distance loss. I found the GS to spin significantly more which could translate into distance.

Played the Elite 50 for the first time today. It's definitely not the longest ball out there but it does everything else exceptionally well.

It won't be warm for my round tomorrow but it will be 1 of the balls I hit tomorrow.

So, you are still searching for the figurative gamer to play this year?

Shot an 85 today........bouncing around from the old standard gamer, new gamer soft, & 50 elite...............I did play a Wilson Ultra on a par 3 over water & hit that to about 2 feet for the easiest birdie put I've ever had.

But couldn't pick a ball because of today's conditions..........tee'd off about 8:15 and it was 36 degrees...........never saw the sun until the 16th hole.

Hit some wonderful drives with the gamer soft & 50 elite but the greens just were rock hard and not holding so I couldn't give an honest opinion on hitting into greens but I hope my next round is a bit warmer to give a better opinion all around.

But based off of today I could hit the gamer soft or 50 elite and be happy..................to be continued April 10th.

I haven't been able to get an answer on the Gamer Soft, if they changed it this year from last year.The box hype reads quite different (all) players, but that could be PR trying to get more players to try it. Clerk at DSG didn't know if 2016s were 2 Fer 30. GG said yes. Please keep me informed, if they are the same or different, this year.

I haven't been able to get an answer on the Gamer Soft, if they changed it this year from last year.The box hype reads quite different (all) players, but that could be PR trying to get more players to try it. Clerk at DSG didn't know if 2016s were 2 Fer 30. GG said yes. Please keep me informed, if they are the same or different, this year.

It took a number of e-mails, internet chats but I was told it's for all swing speeds........I have between a 95 and 105 plus and they felt very good yesterday

I thought about trying some other balls to start the season but went back to the 50.. $26 for a double dozen, it feels great off every club, works fairly well around the green, and I get decent distance off the tee. I was hitting some Nike blacks (the fancy RZN ones) further but they felt like rocks in comparison. I do enjoy the softer feel.

Bag: Ping Hoofer Camo / Moonlite Driver: TM SIM2 Max 9* Hybrids: Cobra RAD Speed 19* & 25* Irons: Wishon Sterling SL 6-SW Wedge: KZG Forged TRS Grind 60* Putter: SGC WB Northwood Lovingly built by: Dan's Custom Golf

I just bought a box of these because they were on clearance at Walmart and I remembered this thread. Took one out of the sleeve when I got home and those dimples look pretty cheap. I'm not so sure about this one from the looks of it but I'll reserve my judgement until the weather warms up and the courses around here finally open so I can try them out.

Ping G30 SFT 12
Ping G5 3W
Ping G Crossover 4
Ping G15 4 - U
Vokey SM6 56.14, 60.04
Odyssey White Hot XG #7

I just bought a box of these because they were on clearance at Walmart and I remembered this thread. Took one out of the sleeve when I got home and those dimples look pretty cheap. I'm not so sure about this one from the looks of it but I'll reserve my judgement until the weather warms up and the courses around here finally open so I can try them out.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that they look cheap. But then, they are.

The yellow is not quite as yellow as a premium yellow ball (well, Pinnacle) is either. Further, Sharpie marks wear off faster.

Regardless of all this, the ball performs quite adequately for my game, and maybe yours, at a price that keeps the water ball retriever at home.

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

WOW!!!

So I played a round using the 50 Elite, or Elite 50... whatever. WHAT A BALL. I have tried many. I was a Pro V user for a long time until I realized I needed a whole lot less side spin. Recently have been using Srixon AD333/Q-star, until now.

11:30 am 48* with slight wind

First hole par 5, 500+ yards:

So it started out with the first drive. The ball is "soft" it has such a nice muted sound. It is a sound that I prefer. I could feel the ball compress on the face enough that I knew where on the face I had hit it. Unlike some distance balls out there which just fires off the face. Second shot was with a 7 wood to about 30 yards, again felt wonderful, flew with a middle trajectory. 3rd shot was from approx. 30 yards to an elevated pin in the back of the green. Flew the ball all the way to the hole and it stopped. Not hit and run a little, I opened the face up and it stopped. It was wonderful and unexpected. 4th shot (15 ft birdie putt), extremely muted "feel" off of the putter (again which I highly prefer) felt quiet, not dead. It was a very responsive ball, just a quiet one... blew the putt bye by 8 feet, missed par putt as well (my putting was horrible Sat)

This continued for the majority of the day. At no point was I unimpressed with this ball. It drew, it faded, it went high, it stayed low, it stopped on a dime, it rolled out, it checked and rolled, it spun back. I can't believe how impressed I am with this ball. I know it sounds weird to say this, but I was more impressed with this ball than ANY premium ball that is out there.

The condition of the ball did not dampen either. Now I'm not a great golfer. It was the first round of the year for me. I hit misses and blocks. The ball hit a few trees, hit the cart path twice, and honestly, you couldn't tell. Not even a scuff. I am so impressed with this ball that I am writing a review to Wilson. I don't know if I even want to try the Duo. I'm so happy with this ball that I'm going to stock up. All the different colors. Pink, Orange, Yellow, White. Cant say enough about the ball.

This is completely my opinion. It really worked for me. If you had another experience, I'm sorry to hear.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

Just making sure before I try these balls out, but Wilson is still making these balls right? I don't want to try it only to find out its discontinued or last years model. Thanks

They are making them. The new model has the big numbers on them... I got a dozen off amazon for 10$ brand new.

They are awesome

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

Ok trying to figure out what ball to play this year bunch of golftown gift cards They had Callaway Hx bites for 50.00 for three boxes white only are they any good??? Want to stick to one ball this year Am lucky to still swing around 100 at my advanced age Qstar these 50 Elite Duo in the mix Pain in the but trying to pick a ball do not care to much for green side spin but would really like a ball that rolls out. Have had drivers back up on me when going down hill really annoying LOL

Ok trying to figure out what ball to play this year bunch of golftown gift cards They had Callaway Hx bites for 50.00 for three boxes white only are they any good??? Want to stick to one ball this year Am lucky to still swing around 100 at my advanced age Qstar these 50 Elite Duo in the mix Pain in the but trying to pick a ball do not care to much for green side spin but would really like a ball that rolls out. Have had drivers back up on me when going down hill really annoying LOL

See if they sell them in sleeves to try them out & then pick

I wonder how many golfers in here, who worry about spinning the ball on the green, can actually spin the ball on the green and get it to stop? I play with many different golfers of various calibers and rarely do I see any one of them stop the ball on the green. The best way for an amatuer to stop the ball is to hit high approach shots with maybe a little cut on the ball.