New Wilson 50 Elite.

Minarets

!@#$%^&*

You guys ruined it for me!!!!!!!!! There are no freaking 50 Elites on this Island at any freaking Sports Authority for months.

Prior to their Bankruptcy announcement they were already sold out months ago..... I was getting a dozen for 12.99, and when you spend 50$ you get $10 off, Then they did the 2 boxes for 20.99, so I box 6 Boxes. 52.97. 8.83 per box, $.74 per ball!!!

Now I cant find them anywhere you guys are making this golf ball too damn popular.......... LOL!

Now I have to go to my specialty store to get them for 14.99 a box.... DAMN IT!!!!! LOL

I bought a box of the yellow from amazon for $10. Free shipping with prime. I have noticed that periodically Amazon rotates prices between the 3 colors so far atleast one of them has been 10 while the other 2 have been 12.99.

Yeah, if you hit a sale at Amazon they are very attractively priced.

http://www.amazon.co...0 elite,aps,266

Edit: In fact, using this link I just bought 5 boxes of yellow at $10 each. Free shipping with Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Staff-Fifty-Elite-Golf/dp/B001PO5LNQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464874138&sr=8-1&keywords=wilson+50+elite+golf+balls

There was a 5 box limit, otherwise I would have gotten 10. They wouldn't allow me to place a second order of 5 boxes. Maybe tomorrow.

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot my best score ever recently with this ball. 79. I have hit 80 a dozen or so times and could never break that barrier. Also had my first Eagle that round. No doubles (which is my goal every 9 holes) but had a hiccup on#7 with a triple. I can't say enough about the ball. I started this thread and have been impressed ever since. I'm still using the Kohl's stash from last year. Still think I have 5 dozen left.

I'd still give anything for Wilson to change it yellow paint. I'd switch to it in a heart beat over the white if it's yellow was better

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Shot my best score ever recently with this ball. 79. I have hit 80 a dozen or so times and could never break that barrier. Also had my first Eagle that round. No doubles (which is my goal every 9 holes) but had a hiccup on#7 with a triple. I can't say enough about the ball. I started this thread and have been impressed ever since. I'm still using the Kohl's stash from last year. Still think I have 5 dozen left.

I'd still give anything for Wilson to change it yellow paint. I'd switch to it in a heart beat over the white if it's yellow was better

I agree that the yellow is a little "washed out" in color. It almost seems that a clear top coating has been applied. But I play it anyway. It is easy to see on the course and the odd color only is noticeable when it is seen up close.

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"

Shot my best score ever recently with this ball. 79. I have hit 80 a dozen or so times and could never break that barrier. Also had my first Eagle that round. No doubles (which is my goal every 9 holes) but had a hiccup on#7 with a triple. I can't say enough about the ball. I started this thread and have been impressed ever since. I'm still using the Kohl's stash from last year. Still think I have 5 dozen left. I'd still give anything for Wilson to change it yellow paint. I'd switch to it in a heart beat over the white if it's yellow was better
I agree that the yellow is a little "washed out" in color. It almost seems that a clear top coating has been applied. But I play it anyway. It is easy to see on the course and the odd color only is noticeable when it is seen up close.
I noticed that today and almost like there is some glitter or shiny stuff in there too. Not enough of an issue to steer me away from them.

!@#$%^&*

You guys ruined it for me!!!!!!!!! There are no freaking 50 Elites on this Island at any freaking Sports Authority for months.

Prior to their Bankruptcy announcement they were already sold out months ago..... I was getting a dozen for 12.99, and when you spend 50$ you get $10 off, Then they did the 2 boxes for 20.99, so I box 6 Boxes. 52.97. 8.83 per box, $.74 per ball!!!

Now I cant find them anywhere you guys are making this golf ball too damn popular.......... LOL!

Now I have to go to my specialty store to get them for 14.99 a box.... DAMN IT!!!!! LOL

I bought a box of the yellow from amazon for $10. Free shipping with prime. I have noticed that periodically Amazon rotates prices between the 3 colors so far atleast one of them has been 10 while the other 2 have been 12.99.

Edit: In fact, using this link I just bought 5 boxes of yellow at $10 each. Free shipping with Prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Staff-Fifty-Elite-Golf/dp/B001PO5LNQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464874138&sr=8-1&keywords=wilson+50+elite+golf+balls

There was a 5 box limit, otherwise I would have gotten 10. They wouldn't allow me to place a second order of 5 boxes. Maybe tomorrow.

Thank you so much for that! I ordered 2 doz for $20 shipped!!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

!@#$%^&*

I went to my local store a few days ago and they had some. But they were $15.99 a dozen, already $3 higher than Golfsmith. They also had the 2013 gen Duo for $19.99, same price as golfsmith has the new gen. I bought 3 dz at golfsmith today with my $10 off coupon.

!@#$%^&*

http://www.amazon.co...lite golf balls

Thank you so much for that! I ordered 2 doz for $20 shipped!!

Unfortunately, they are back to $12.99 / dozen on Amazon. Still free 2-day shipping with Prime.

Gotta hit those sales just at the right time!

Shot a 42/38 for 80 with the balls today, still absolutely love them. Heck I nearly stuck a green with a 3w today from the rough and holed out a nearly blind chip from 25y. They better keep making these for a few years!!!

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Shot a 42/38 for 80 with the balls today, still absolutely love them. Heck I nearly stuck a green with a 3w today from the rough and holed out a nearly blind chip from 25y. They better keep making these for a few years!!!

Pigems, I need to respond of this, I posted this in another thread....but

I stuck a 3wood from 240 cross winds 2ft below the cup for Eagle on a Par5 a couple weeks ago to shoot a career low 76. It was the first legit eagle that I had in 2 years.... legit meaning reaching in 2 and giving me a real putt, Not a lucky hole out or some crazy 20+ft lucky putt. Legit stick the pin second shot. AWESOME AWESOME Golf Ball!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I keep wanting to try something else, because golf, but I love this damn ball. My foursome this week was making fun of me for playing a cheap Wilson ball. I didn't tell them I paid $4/doz at Kohl's.

One of the guys did say I must have a ton of spin being able to stop a Wilson ball on the greens like I did.

My Eagle was a. 20' that I hit a 4i in on. It's not only my first Eagle but there first real opportunity/realistic to have one.

Congrats on your Eagle.

This ball just performs unlike any 2 PC cheap ball and feels even better.

I do want to try some of the volvik balls in green or orange though.

I keep wanting to try something else, because golf, but I love this damn ball. My foursome this week was making fun of me for playing a cheap Wilson ball. I didn't tell them I paid $4/doz at Kohl's.

One of the guys did say I must have a ton of spin being able to stop a Wilson ball on the greens like I did.

My Eagle was a. 20' that I hit a 4i in on. It's not only my first Eagle but there first real opportunity/realistic to have one.

Congrats on your Eagle.

This ball just performs unlike any 2 PC cheap ball and feels even better.

I do want to try some of the volvik balls in green or orange though.

I'm going with the gamer soft, when I was able to do it today I had no problem getting back spin or getting it to bite and barely move.

now I just need more time with it

Just so that you guys know...

Budgetgolf has the older elite 50 balls (cosmetic blemish) for around < $7 a dozen (with a coupon code probably around $6 /dozen).

Any difference between these and the current version?

I really couldn't tell any difference when the new ones came out except for the new graphics.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you still playing this ball, are you playing it because of the fact that it is so inexpensive or do you feel that it out performs other balls on the market such as prov1, chrome soft, srixon xv, etc.?

I play it because it is a less spinning ball, that for me I can play a draw with, a fade, hit it low, hit it high, stop on a dime, or check and roll. I have played the Qstar (previously favorite ball), pro V, Z star, etc... for me, the 50 Elite wins hands down. I bought it because I was looking at the Duo's to try something different and found these. I like how they perform. A very underrated ball. The price tag is just a bonus.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

For those of you still playing this ball, are you playing it because of the fact that it is so inexpensive or do you feel that it out performs other balls on the market such as prov1, chrome soft, srixon xv, etc.?

I play it because it is a less spinning ball, that for me I can play a draw with, a fade, hit it low, hit it high, stop on a dime, or check and roll. I have played the Qstar (previously favorite ball), pro V, Z star, etc... for me, the 50 Elite wins hands down. I bought it because I was looking at the Duo's to try something different and found these. I like how they perform. A very underrated ball. The price tag is just a bonus.

+1 there, I play it because it's a great all around ball. The low price is just Bonus for me :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

+1 there, I play it because it's a great all around ball. The low price is just Bonus for me :)

That's the feedback I was hoping for. I bought a dozen on amazon, I'll report back after I've had a chance to try them out.

That's the feedback I was hoping for. I bought a dozen on amazon, I'll report back after I've had a chance to try them out.

Enjoy. Don't be surprised if you are ordering more after you are done with your round. I literally said, "Are you freakin kidding me" out loud when I played with them the first time. If you are a check and roll around the greens, you will whole heartedly appreciate these balls.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

I played one when it was in a gift bag after I lost the sleeve of balls that I had for a round. I couldn't believe how good it felt off the driver, irons, and my putter. It spun just enough of my wedges for me not to complain.

I bought a dozen and was blown away with its consistency going forward. I really have no wants that this ball can't provide. The price is just a humongous bonus.

I always want to try a new ball because, golf. But this one checks all the boxes for me. If I can change anything, it would simply be the graphics. Use the logo from the duo urathane or the FGtour ball and I'd be tickled pink. Oh, and change the yellow to a brighter, more volvik yellow. But if cosmetics are the only complaint, I'll keep playing it.

I played one when it was in a gift bag after I lost the sleeve of balls that I had for a round. I couldn't believe how good it felt off the driver, irons, and my putter. It spun just enough of my wedges for me not to complain.

I bought a dozen and was blown away with its consistency going forward. I really have no wants that this ball can't provide. The price is just a humongous bonus.

I always want to try a new ball because, golf. But this one checks all the boxes for me. If I can change anything, it would simply be the graphics. Use the logo from the duo urathane or the FGtour ball and I'd be tickled pink. Oh, and change the yellow to a brighter, more volvik yellow. But if cosmetics are the only complaint, I'll keep playing it.

I echo many of the statements above. I have to admit, I had read some of the post and figured for $12 I'll give it a try. At first the ball's performance intrigued me, but I was not sold until after a few rounds with it. Price alone would not have been enough to keep me playing the 50 ball. It had to perform and it has. My only complaint is I shave this ball with my wedges I posted the balls performance earlier in the thread, If you are looking for a ball that drops stops and spins back this is not it. But it does perform well for what it is and after becoming familiar with how it plays for me I enjoy playing it.

Well after all the talk about this ball, 16 pages worth, i decided to give it a go. I picked up some new to me used mizuno irons over the weekend and want something softer than the prov1's i tried them out with yesterday. I am hoping this is as good as you all say it is. Especially for $12.97 at the Walmart a block from my work.

I don't think anyone here would argue that it's on the level of any tour level balls like the ones you mentioned, but they do perform in every category. Like others have said, you're not gonna get these to spin back 10ft, but they give enough spin to play with. The price tag is definitely a bonus.

I don't think anyone here would argue that it's on the level of any tour level balls like the ones you mentioned, but they do perform in every category. Like others have said, you're not gonna get these to spin back 10ft, but they give enough spin to play with. The price tag is definitely a bonus.

I was playing a prov1 I found today while looking for my ball and spun it back off the front of the green. That would never happen with a 50. The greens at my course are currently hard, dry and fast so I've been experimenting with other (higher-priced) balls from my stash, but the elite 50 will at least be my cold weather ball.

I was playing a prov1 I found today while looking for my ball and spun it back off the front of the green. That would never happen with a 50. The greens at my course are currently hard, dry and fast so I've been experimenting with other (higher-priced) balls from my stash, but the elite 50 will at least be my cold weather ball.

This is is part of another thread that I participated in, "Ball Test" thread....

It depends.... and many factors play to the "It depends"

With a ProV1 a correctly struck shot you can get the ball to 1 hop stop or spin back... But the key here is a properly struck shot. If you dont... you really dont know what the ball will do? I know I have hit a shot that I thought was a miss but the ball still spun and stopped, or there times they were screamers of the face.

With the Elite and any cheap distance ball. There is 1 constant that you can play. release. Miss hit it or hit it good it will still more than likely release.

I have been able to spin the Elite back, but were are talking full lob wedge swiping across the face with the the steepest attack angle on receptive greens.

Out side of that..... I play the elite as a 1 hop stop ball or a 1 hop and 2 ft roll ball constantly.... good hits or miss hits, I know to play it just a little bit short of the hole and be within a 3-5 foot area past or short of the hole, thats a 6-10ft (2-3 yards)diameter circle, not bad.

ProV, again unless I hit it exactly how I want it.... the reaction is less consistent.....

So while having a good spinning ball.... unless you have full control over it..... the $35 per dozen savings, helps me buy more diapers for my daughter....rather than having her sit in a poopy diaper longer LOL!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Very good post Exactice808. I don't care much for the ProV because of what you mentioned, I'm not blaming the ball I'm blaming me. I love the 50 Elite . It's everything I need from a ball. I chipped fantastic yesterday with it because I get consistent results with it. With the ProV it's pot luck for me. Stop on a dime sometimes other times roll out. I would love to have a ball stop on a dime every time but it isn't in my swing.

Even with some rain early this week with Temps hitting the high ninety's the greens are running hard and fast. The 50 was not holding as well as with normal or "softer" greens. As I have said the 50 is not going spin back it has a tendency for me to drop and release a few feet to a stop. However on these greens after two days of sun and windy conditions I had a few that bounded well off the back of the green. I asked in the clubhouse before leaving today if there was a water shortage or they just wanted to run them hard and dry in honor of the US open Week?...LOL With all that I may have discovered the weakness in the 50, In these temps it also seams t fly further on occasion but not consistently longer, on occasion it just seems like I got a jumper or like a flier out of the rough. The problem being I was hitting from fairway, but I still consider it a beautiful ball for the price. It just has to be played in the right conditions.

What I ended up doing after nine was changing over to the Bridgestone B330 RXs. Fortunately I had a sleeve in my bag from a tournament giveaway. This is a wonderful golf ball firmer feel over the 50, but a soft feel for that category of ball, it held it's line, nice trajectory off the driver and plenty stopping power with the irons.The added spin of the ball held the greens beautifully, but It took me a few holes to get my head wrapped around flying the ball to the hole. A early approach with my U wedge spun the ball off the front of the green. Yep a struggle all day either bounding off the back or spinning off the front...LOL I much prefer a game of hit and release, but the adjustments are interesting to play with and I am sure I will be back to the 50 once the greens at my course will accept it again. .

I am a little stumped, I had not seen this level of inconsistency with the 50 prior to today. It may have even been me. With the warmer weather I am looser and swinging more freely possibly causing a few shots to fly further. My feeling is that the higher temps combined with the low compression do negatively impact the ball's performance. I know others will argue to the contrary, but that's my feeling. I also believe the harder faster greens combined with the low spin of the ball make it more difficult to play under the conditions. As I discussed with my playing partner today I have played this ball in colder conditions on some harder greens and it still was able to get the ball to hit and release a few feet and stop, my thoughts are that it has to do with higher temps. I would be interested to see what others are experiencing with the 50 in the hotter days of summer.