New Wilson 50 Elite.

Minarets

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golftown is out of 50 Elites!! I don't know what in gonna do?? Are they being discontinued or something??

Had a peak at GT online. No yellows, orange listed atm, but they are selling double dozen boxes in white.

Awesome, tyvm for the info. :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Golftown is out of 50 Elites!! I don't know what in gonna do?? Are they being discontinued or something??

Had a peak at GT online. No yellows, orange listed atm, but they are selling double dozen boxes in white.

Have you hit both yellow and white? I tried the yellow and did not like the feel. Do the whites feel better than the yellows?

Am I the only person that can't find orange 50's in any store locally?! Yeah I could buy them online but it's hard for me to do it. I'm lazy. Argh

Try Kmart

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

Have you hit both yellow and white? I tried the yellow and did not like the feel. Do the whites feel better than the yellows?

You can buy 3 dozen on amazon for the price of 2 on GT

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

Thanks mv for the suggestions. I'm in kind of a remote part of Canada, no golf specific stores within 200 miles so locally selection is limited to what department stores carry (not much) and my "pro shop" has a limited and VERY PRICY selection. And I can no longer find Top Flites up here since Dick's bought the name. So for reasonably priced balls have to go with whatever I can find at Walmart or Canadian Tire for the time being.

Bought 12--50's last summer. I must be the only one but I got noticeably less distance with these than any other ball I played last year...including free 2014 ProV1's. Have no idea why. But really liked the Srixon Soft feel. Bought 3 Duo's recently and preferred them to the 50..went further for me.

Having a terrible Lost Balls year, 19 in 16-18's plus 2 9's. Last year, 12LB in 32-18's. So have to buy more than usual. Going to try the Pinnacle Rush Soft next. Reading good things about it.

I've never purchased any of the big name top of the line urethane balls. Too expensive. But have gotten ProV's and Z Stars in men's night prizes or draws. Surprisingly, to me, I've not noticed any drop off in distance with these balls. Thought I would. And quite like the '15 ProV1. Too expensive though so Pinnacle Soft next.

maybe you should check out some of the other Srixon options or even the Top Flight options. The Qstar is a really neat ball. A little pricey, but nice ball that holds up. A big surprise too was the Top flight Gamer and also the D2 soft (I think that's what it was 2 for $20 at DSG). There are a lot of good options for absolutely reasonable price. Flip around and see what you like.

Thanks mv for the suggestions. I'm in kind of a remote part of Canada, no golf specific stores within 200 miles so locally selection is limited to what department stores carry (not much) and my "pro shop" has a limited and VERY PRICY selection. And I can no longer find Top Flites up here since Dick's bought the name. So for reasonably priced balls have to go with whatever I can find at Walmart or Canadian Tire for the time being.

Bought 12--50's last summer. I must be the only one but I got noticeably less distance with these than any other ball I played last year...including free 2014 ProV1's. Have no idea why. But really liked the Srixon Soft feel. Bought 3 Duo's recently and preferred them to the 50..went further for me.

Having a terrible Lost Balls year, 19 in 16-18's plus 2 9's. Last year, 12LB in 32-18's. So have to buy more than usual. Going to try the Pinnacle Rush Soft next. Reading good things about it.

I've never purchased any of the big name top of the line urethane balls. Too expensive. But have gotten ProV's and Z Stars in men's night prizes or draws. Surprisingly, to me, I've not noticed any drop off in distance with these balls. Thought I would. And quite like the '15 ProV1. Too expensive though so Pinnacle Soft next.

maybe you should check out some of the other Srixon options or even the Top Flight options. The Qstar is a really neat ball. A little pricey, but nice ball that holds up. A big surprise too was the Top flight Gamer and also the D2 soft (I think that's what it was 2 for $20 at DSG). There are a lot of good options for absolutely reasonable price. Flip around and see what you like.

if you can't find what you want for a decent price, if it is cheaper, paypal me ill purchase and ship. depending on remoteness, may be longer and more expensive though

MVHOFFMANN Wow, THANK YOU for the very kind, helpful and thoughtful offer. Really, really appreciate. Won't take you up on it though. Hope I need only a dozen more balls + what I now have, to see me through the year and want to try out the Pinnacle "Soft" which I hope to buy locally. And don't want to trouble you over a dozen balls. I do have a friend not far from me in Minnesota who we visit back and forth with on occasion. Spring '17 I'll probably get him to order a few dozens for me for next summer and pick them up from him on a visit. I'm very interested in the Top Flite Gamer soft.

Thanks. So incredibly nice of you to offer to help me out like this.

Marty

MVHOFFMANN Wow, THANK YOU for the very kind, helpful and thoughtful offer. Really, really appreciate. Won't take you up on it though. Hope I need only a dozen more balls + what I now have, to see me through the year and want to try out the Pinnacle "Soft" which I hope to buy locally. And don't want to trouble you over a dozen balls. I do have a friend not far from me in Minnesota who we visit back and forth with on occasion. Spring '17 I'll probably get him to order a few dozens for me for next summer and pick them up from him on a visit. I'm very interested in the Top Flite Gamer soft.

Thanks. So incredibly nice of you to offer to help me out like this.

Marty

No problem man. If you need, let me know. Us WRX'ers have to stick together.

How do these perform for high swing speed players? At 12.99 a dozen I suppose I could just buy a dozen and try but figured I'd ask. I play ProV1x and Tour Preferred X currently but wouldn't mine stockpiling something cheaper.

They are not going to have the spin you are experiencing with your current ball and will feel much softer you are playing a firmer option of your ball now so you will likely notice that right away. My swing speed ranges from 102-108 and I found distance to remain consistent. I know the 50 ball is not going to spin as much for me it is a hit and release type ball so I play for it. Off the putter it feels soft but I get a true roll. Off the driver it is a ball that wants to go straight, so for me I don't try to play a big draw or fade with it I play it for a straighter flight. For the price I figured I would give it a try and it has stuck around. Give it a try.

How do these perform for high swing speed players? At 12.99 a dozen I suppose I could just buy a dozen and try but figured I'd ask. I play ProV1x and Tour Preferred X currently but wouldn't mine stockpiling something cheaper.

They are not going to have the spin you are experiencing with your current ball and will feel much softer you are playing a firmer option of your ball now so you will likely notice that right away. My swing speed ranges from 102-108 and I found distance to remain consistent. I know the 50 ball is not going to spin as much for me it is a hit and release type ball so I play for it. Off the putter it feels soft but I get a true roll. Off the driver it is a ball that wants to go straight, so for me I don't try to play a big draw or fade with it I play it for a straighter flight. For the price I figured I would give it a try and it has stuck around. Give it a try.

Thanks, man! My swing speed is usually around 110. I shouldn't go for pins as much as I do so the spin isn't a huge factor for me. I'll give them a shot!

Thanks, man! My swing speed is usually around 110. I shouldn't go for pins as much as I do so the spin isn't a huge factor for me. I'll give them a shot!

FWIW, I'm in the 110 zip code for driver, and have played these. I found I may have lost a couple yards off the tee, but it was nothing I got excited about. Been using the Vice Pro the last couple weeks and have been seeing roughly what I was seeing with the 50 Elite, in terms of tee game.

What really surprised me is the check these have around the greens. I'm not talking tour quality stuff, but I found they checked a LOT better than I expected. Better than the Duo for short game IMHO (which I've only hit a couple times on a practice green, small sample size caveats apply).

You'll never know until you try.

After playing these, as well as the Chrome Softs, I found an adjustment going back to a firmer premium ball. I eventually adjusted, but at first, I felt like I was hitting a rock. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally tried these balls after many many other balls and let me say, I'm a believer. For 12.99/doz there is no better value for my game. As far as non-urethane golf balls go and considering price IMO there isn't a ball that stacks up.

Ps. This ball is in no way a replacement for a tour level ball as others have stated it could be.

I finally tried these balls after many many other balls and let me say, I'm a believer. For 12.99/doz there is no better value for my game. As far as non-urethane golf balls go and considering price IMO there isn't a ball that stacks up.

Ps. This ball is in no way a replacement for a tour level ball as others have stated it could be.

Yes, but very few of us here are replacements for tour players, either.

But I should only speak for myself.

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

how is it that 3 doz are cheaper on amazon?

for what it's worth GT doesn't even show them online any more, nor does walmart canada

how is it that 3 doz are cheaper on amazon?

for what it's worth GT doesn't even show them online any more, nor does walmart canada

I hope they're not being phased out in Canada. FWIW, I had to call GT before to check for items that should be in stock and they just needed to update their website. The website was updated later that day showing items back in stock.

I thought I'd share this with the 50 elite fans, I had the urge to get orange balls last night (better than blue balls my wife said..) so I went hunting for the 50's online..

Golf Galaxy site:

free shipping

15% off email account sign up

5% off code (GG5OFF)

Use all of that for 20% off of $11 shipped to your door in any color. I bought 3 boxes. I suggest you buy 10 ;)

Golftown had a double dozen for $27.99. No longer on website or in store...

Driver: Wishon 919thi 11* w/AXE 6 stiff
FW: Wishon 949mc 16.5* w/AXE FW Stiff
3-4 Hybrids: Wishon 775hs w/ S2S White Stiff
Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/Nippon Modus 105 S
Putter: Ping Ketsch Heavy 34" 2 degrees flat
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0

• 1 month later...

Played the front nine with a Bridgestone E6. Had a birdie on #8 but blocked a few shots right, 5 over par after nine.

Teed up the Wilson Staff 50 Elite on the back nine and carded -2 with 4 birdies. Nearly had 6 birdies. The 50 Elite performed well on a 15 - 25 mph windy day. Real good fall and winter ball.

The Elite 50 has been my fall and winter ball for two years now. Driver SS 103-107. In warmer weather I play Callaway Chrome +, TaylorMade TP, Penta 5 and RBZ Urethane. p.s. These guys who say they lose distance with one ball over another, how many of us hit five drives exactly alike? I play with some really good single and + HC's and they don't hit carbon copies all day long! So who can say. I was hitting 300 yard drives with balata and persimmon 25 years ago. Point is, you have to try it yourself and pick a ball that fits your scoring clubs best because all balls go far now days with every Mfgr maximizing COR!