New Wilson 50 Elite.

Minarets

I switch back and forth between the yellow and pink. I love when I use the pink and my playing partners (beasts) hit it 30 yards past me on the drive, but you always end up seeing the pink ball closer to the pin in less shots... I haven't tried the white, but I'm sure it feels the same. The only balls that I have noticed a difference in feel between white and color has been the Srixon Q-star and Trispeed. Yellow with Srixon seemed to have a harder feel to me. I haven't played them in 2 years though.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK So I had an other revelation with these Elites

1) I noticed distance loss with ProVs off the Tee in comparison with the Elites. Fact, I have play X course a LOT.....I know my shots and my distance. Strike on the ProV was perfect....or so I thought, did not carry a bunker that I normally do with the Elite

2) Approach shots are noticeably shorter BUT its due to spin on the ProV's I would blame course management as I should be able to adjust to the way it rolls out....but it was something that stuck, if I had a 150 yard shot into a green, with the Elites I would use an 8iron, it would hit about 148 and roll to 150. With the ProV's It would hit 145 and stop period...no roll just stick it was great for attacking pins, but the issue I see is no matter how you play a hole you want to give it some roll, getting it on the ground as fast as possible gives you a chance...... *quick lesson* an pro told me, whats easier, rolling a bowling ball down a lane or making swish with a basketball..........

3) Spin around the green.......NO matter how good I think I am.... I do not have tour pro control around the green, While I can spin the ball it will never do what I see on tv. so playing the ProV with the intent to spin the ball doesnt work out... but if I play the elite with release it will ALWAYS....be the same....

Verdict..... guess I will be giving away all my ProV's......

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I am a 50 Elite believer and dont want to sway anyone from them, but I ran out of them and supplemented with the Pinnacle Soft. IMO very similar in most all categories. Both are extremely good for the price. No way I can justify spending the extra moolah on "premium" golf balls.

Jebus. I just tried them on the practice putting green at home and these are ridiculous soft. It's like nothing i've ever putt before. Not sure how i'm going to like it on the real putting green but wow

How are they compared to supersofts (if you've tried them) in your opinion?

Played my supersofts this weekend along with my prov1s and honestly I'm really liking the supersofts more and more.

Maybe it's Bc I'm just too afraid to lose a 5 dollar ball.....

I ordered a dozen of the orange 50 Elite just to try an orange ball. On one hole I hit left of the green into some crap. It didn't look like it was too deep so I tried to find it. After a minute I see an orange ball, and look a little closer. Sweet, a Wilson 50 (or 51, can't remember which I was hitting at the time) so I grab it. But it has someone else's mark on it.....what are the odds. Maybe this ball is more popular than I realized?

Sto Pro Veritate

I wonder what the main reason for playing the 50 Elite is. Is it because you like this ball over even more expensive golf balls, or is it strictly the cost. Now I play probably one of the least expensive golf balls out there in the Top Flite XL distance, but I play it because I like the feel when I hit it and the straightness due to lack of side spin,. I personally could afford Pro v1's if I wanted to, but they wouldn't help my game much at all, in fact they might hurt my game with the side spin on them compared to the top-flight.

I am a 50 Elite believer and dont want to sway anyone from them, but I ran out of them and supplemented with the Pinnacle Soft. IMO very similar in most all categories. Both are extremely good for the price. No way I can justify spending the extra moolah on "premium" golf balls.

I have heard that Pinnacle Soft is very similar to the Wilson 50's. I like the different colors with the 50's not to mention the price. I actually got called out for using a pink ball yesterday by a guy on the tee. He couldn't keep his mouth shut. He hit a drive and was gloating... "it's a monster... ya" (we were paired with 2 random people), then it was my turn and his monster was slayed by my little pink ball by a good 30 yards.

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

I have heard that Pinnacle Soft is very similar to the Wilson 50's. I like the different colors with the 50's not to mention the price. I actually got called out for using a pink ball yesterday by a guy on the tee. He couldn't keep his mouth shut. He hit a drive and was gloating... "it's a monster... ya" (we were paired with 2 random people), then it was my turn and his monster was slayed by my little pink ball by a good 30 yards.

i could only imagine the attention one would get while playing a pink ball.. If I could post some solid rounds and back up the pink I would definitely game it.

i could only imagine the attention one would get while playing a pink ball.. If I could post some solid rounds and back up the pink I would definitely game it.

I'm sure it's comical for most people to see a 300+ lb guy wearing a bright shirt, bright green or orange tees and a Pink, Yellow, or Orange ball and then backing it up... for the most part. thankfully most don't see me blow the under 10 foot putt :cheesy:

I wonder what the main reason for playing the 50 Elite is. Is it because you like this ball over even more expensive golf balls, or is it strictly the cost. Now I play probably one of the least expensive golf balls out there in the Top Flite XL distance, but I play it because I like the feel when I hit it and the straightness due to lack of side spin,. I personally could afford Pro v1's if I wanted to, but they wouldn't help my game much at all, in fact they might hurt my game with the side spin on them compared to the top-flight.

Same exact reason why I play the 50. The best feeling ball to me is the ChromeSoft but I'm not willing to pay for it when I get similar scores and more distance with the 50. Plus, I know exactly what to expect with the 50.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

I am going to have to give the Duo a try, it sounds good!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

The Duo has a compression rating of 40

The 50 Elite has a compression rating of 50

I like them both

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

Cleveland Launcher #4 wood

Cobra King Hyper Steel #7 wood

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

Titlelst DCI Black O/S irons 7 8 9 W SW, Lovett chipper

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

My playing partner said "There's your tangerine", referring to my orange 50.

Pisses them off to no end as you can see the ball on the green from any distance =) More so when its 50+ yards in front of them!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

The Duo has a compression rating of 40

The 50 Elite has a compression rating of 50

I like them both

I think the new Duo's are 29 regular and 35 for the Spin and 55 for the Duo U - all good balls.

I need to update my compression chart ! my Duo's are the older version.

The Spin also looks like a good ball

and the Duo-U

(decisions decisions)

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

Cleveland Launcher #4 wood

Cobra King Hyper Steel #7 wood

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

Titlelst DCI Black O/S irons 7 8 9 W SW, Lovett chipper

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw the pink 50s for the first time today at Edwin Watts. Looks decent. In store, I think I prefer the orange , as far as what looks the best/easiest to see in the grass/follow the ball flight. Have I said how much i hate Wilsons yellow? And the pink looks like it would be sort of bright.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Finally saw the pink 50s for the first time today at Edwin Watts. Looks decent. In store, I think I prefer the orange , as far as what looks the best/easiest to see in the grass/follow the ball flight. Have I said how much i hate Wilsons yellow? And the pink looks like it would be sort of bright.

The pink is good for novelty, but actually harder to spot than you would think. Here in PA with the left over leaves from the fall and all the blooming, the pink actually gets lost pretty easily. The orange and yellow/green are the easiest to see for me.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter bought me a dozen yellow 50 Elite balls. I kinda wrote them off. Then I found this thread... I just used them on my home course and had the best round I've ever played! 89% fiarways hit, 71% greens in regulation and shot 40. The only time I was let down was a 6 iron in on a par five that hit in front of the flag and rolled 30 feet by to end up in tall stuff off the green. Otherwise this was a really great round that was hampered by some poor putting! Really loved the ball off the tee and on approach shots! Will play more rounds with it but my initial reaction was extremely positive!

My daughter bought me a dozen yellow 50 Elite balls. I kinda wrote them off. Then I found this thread... I just used them on my home course and had the best round I've ever played! 89% fiarways hit, 71% greens in regulation and shot 40. The only time I was let down was a 6 iron in on a par five that hit in front of the flag and rolled 30 feet by to end up in tall stuff off the green. Otherwise this was a really great round that was hampered by some poor putting! Really loved the ball off the tee and on approach shots! Will play more rounds with it but my initial reaction was extremely positive!

Glad you had a good experience. you have to remember with these balls that there is some roll out. even with a proV, a full 6 into a par 5 for amateurs (good for you if it was a 2nd shot) would have rolled past too, just maybe not as far. Stick with it, learn how the ball reacts and you will learn to love it.

Ok, so I imagine that everything is just coming together, but I shot my personal best and broke 40 for the first time ever playing this ball this morning! Count me as a big fan!

Just wondering what this ball allowed you to do that others do not that got you the sub 40 score? I play cheap TF's because of cost, feel, and straightness off the tee. I have played Wilson 50 Elites, Duo's, and I find the feel way too soft, especially off the driver. To each their own.

Bought 12--50's last summer. I must be the only one but I got noticeably less distance with these than any other ball I played last year...including free 2014 ProV1's. Have no idea why. But really liked the Srixon Soft feel. Bought 3 Duo's recently and preferred them to the 50..went further for me.

Having a terrible Lost Balls year, 19 in 16-18's plus 2 9's. Last year, 12LB in 32-18's. So have to buy more than usual. Going to try the Pinnacle Rush Soft next. Reading good things about it.

I've never purchased any of the big name top of the line urethane balls. Too expensive. But have gotten ProV's and Z Stars in men's night prizes or draws. Surprisingly, to me, I've not noticed any drop off in distance with these balls. Thought I would. And quite like the '15 ProV1. Too expensive though so Pinnacle Soft next.

Bought 12--50's last summer. I must be the only one but I got noticeably less distance with these than any other ball I played last year...including free 2014 ProV1's. Have no idea why. But really liked the Srixon Soft feel. Bought 3 Duo's recently and preferred them to the 50..went further for me.

Having a terrible Lost Balls year, 19 in 16-18's plus 2 9's. Last year, 12LB in 32-18's. So have to buy more than usual. Going to try the Pinnacle Rush Soft next. Reading good things about it.

I've never purchased any of the big name top of the line urethane balls. Too expensive. But have gotten ProV's and Z Stars in men's night prizes or draws. Surprisingly, to me, I've not noticed any drop off in distance with these balls. Thought I would. And quite like the '15 ProV1. Too expensive though so Pinnacle Soft next.

maybe you should check out some of the other Srixon options or even the Top Flight options. The Qstar is a really neat ball. A little pricey, but nice ball that holds up. A big surprise too was the Top flight Gamer and also the D2 soft (I think that's what it was 2 for $20 at DSG). There are a lot of good options for absolutely reasonable price. Flip around and see what you like.

Ok, so I imagine that everything is just coming together, but I shot my personal best and broke 40 for the first time ever playing this ball this morning! Count me as a big fan!

Just wondering what this ball allowed you to do that others do not that got you the sub 40 score? I play cheap TF's because of cost, feel, and straightness off the tee. I have played Wilson 50 Elites, Duo's, and I find the feel way too soft, especially off the driver. To each their own.

I was struggling with a strong draw/hook with Callaway chrome and as soon as I hit the 50 elite my flight straightened to a soft draw. I'm still getting one over cooked now and again, but the majority have been very playable off the tee. Probably any low compression ball would have worked, but I just happened to have these as a father days gift laying around and they have worked out really well.

I stocked a bunch of these but have mostly been playing the Top Flite Gamer, which gives me a bit more spin to stop approach shots and excellent feel off the putter.

I could get used to the 50 elite with the putter especially if the greens were faster. Seemed to require a bit harder stroke to reach the target.

The Q Star was great everywhere on the course except with my putter couldn't control the distance.

I use a Taylor Made Ghost putter. Need to try a milled face putter to compare.

Golftown is out of 50 Elites!! I don't know what in gonna do?? Are they being discontinued or something??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006N8IIC0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3PEINMTPBS4WL&coliid=I2MUT26C6W4RG1&psc=1

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

I stocked a bunch of these but have mostly been playing the Top Flite Gamer, which gives me a bit more spin to stop approach shots and excellent feel off the putter.

I could get used to the 50 elite with the putter especially if the greens were faster. Seemed to require a bit harder stroke to reach the target.

The Q Star was great everywhere on the course except with my putter couldn't control the distance.

I use a Taylor Made Ghost putter. Need to try a milled face putter to compare.

I will not discourage you from trying a milled putter, but some of the greatest putters in the world putt with an insert putter. try a milled if you want, but don't give up something if it works.