2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

APPLY: Mitsubishi KURO KAGE Black TiNi shafts. 5 Testers Needed. Apply here.

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [/color][color=#ff0000]Nike Vapor Speed 8.5* neutral w/ Fubuki ZT 60 Stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [/color][color=#ff0000]7, approx 112mph[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][color=#ff0000]Royal Oak, MI USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][color=#FF0000]Nike Vapor Speed 8.5* neutral w/ Fubuki ZT 60 Stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color=#FF0000]Of Course[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/color][color="#ff0000"]60 or greater... prefer stiff but would do X-stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color][color=#ff0000] Nike FlexLoft 2 adapter untipped[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][color=#ff0000]i would test shaft on the range and course comparing to current shaft i game with some input from previous shafts ive gamed (aldila tour blue and green). I have been looking for a lower launch off the tee and would analyze on a launch monitor. Also would use it consistently at the course to evaluate consistency of flight and accuracy during rounds on the course[/color]

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*][color=#282828]What’s in your current bag? [/color][color="#ff0000"]Ping G30 LS Tec 9.5* with Oban Kiyoshi White 75 05 flex[/color]
[*][color=#282828]What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [/color][color=#ff0000]HCP: 12. SS: 112-115 [/color]
[*][color=#282828]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][color=#ff0000]Bellerose Village, NY USA[/color]
[*][color=#282828]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][color=#FF0000]Ping G30 LS Tec 9.5*[/color]
[*][color=#282828]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color=#ff0000]Yes, I agree[/color]
[*][color=#282828]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/color][color=#ff0000]Mid 70g range, X-stiff [/color]
[*][color=#282828]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][color=#ff0000]Ping G30 adapter[/color]
[*][color=#282828]Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][color=#ff0000]Both on course and range. Take to fitter to get some real data.[/color]
[/list]

[b] · What’s in your current bag? [/b][color=#FF0000]Titleist 915D3 8.5 w/ Kuro Kage XT 70TX[/color]
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[color=#FF0000] Handicap 7.6, Driver SS 120[/color]
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?[color=#FF0000] Lubbock, TX, USA[/color]
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[color=#FF0000] Titleist 915 D3 8.5[/color]
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
[color=#FF0000]Yes, I will definitely participate in the ongoing review thread, contributing as much information as possible, with quality pictures of course![/color]
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[color=#FF0000] 70-TX, 45"[/color]
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[color=#FF0000] Titleist SureFit adapter, untipped[/color]
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.
[color=#FF0000]My testing approach would be to compare this shaft to my current Kuro Kage XT. The KK XT has been the best shaft I've found in years and has drastically improved my driving this year, in terms of distance, accuracy, and control. I would be comparing the results of the KK Black to my XT based on these three areas. I would utilize the range to get a general feel for the performance, feel, and visual appearance of the ball flight. I would then move to on course testing, hitting my normal ProV1X balls and comparing distance and dispersion as well as my ability to control trajectory and hit the desired shot shape. Finally, I would perform a head to head comparison on Trackman, comparing the numbers generated by each shaft. I strongly feel that on-course results and the feel of the shaft trump what the Trackman numbers say, so I prefer to do the testing on Trackman last, so as not to get my mind set on which is better from the start, as I feel that would skew the on-course results.[/color]

[color=#FF0000]Thank you for the opportunity to test and review this shaft, should I be chosen![/color]

Taylormade M2 9.5 - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
Taylormade M1 15 - Fujikura Rombax P95X
Taylormade M1 19 - Fujikura Rombax P95X
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i - PX 6.5
Taylormade P750 3-PW - DG X100
Titleist SM6 54.10S, 60.08M - DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89

The Grint Username: kreddell

Thanks again for another awesome opportunity, hope I get selected!

What’s in your current bag? [color=#0000FF]Ping G30 LS, 10.5 degree, set to 9.5. Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2 Tour Spec in X, 45".[/color]
What is your current handicap?[color=#0000FF] +1.8[/color]
Driver Swing Speed? [color=#0000FF]116-118 (when fitted for the G30)[/color]
Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [color=#0000FF]Marshall, MN USA[/color]
What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Pi[color=#0000FF]ng G30LS, 10.5 degree (and will probably try it in my Titleist 915 D3, 9.5 degree, Rogue Silver 125 MSI)[/color]
If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? [color=#0000FF]Yes I agree. [/color]We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [color=#0000FF]70 TX[/color]
Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [color=#0000FF]Ping G30 adapter, built on -1 degree. No tipping needed.[/color]
Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [color=#0000FF]I have access to a launch monitor, so I would be testing it against my current set up and back up driver as far as launch conditions. Would play it on the course to see feel/playability/workability and I would also possibly switch adapters to try it in my Titleist driver as well. I've been on a never ending search for a new driver combination as I'm a very big feel player and can compare it to other shafts I've tried.[/color]

[color=#A9A9A9][b]Driver:[/b] 2016 TM M1 9.5* / Atmos Black 7 TX
[b]Fairway:[/b] 2017 TM M1 15* / Tensei Pro White 80 TX
[b]Irons:[/b] TM 790 UDI 2 Iron / HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist T-MB 4 Iron / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2's 5-PW / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Wedge:s[/b] Vokey SM6 50.08F, [color=#A9A9A9]56.10S & [color=#A9A9A9]60.08M[/color] [/color] / TT Dynamic Gold S-300
[b]Putter:[/b] TM Spider Tour Black T-Line 34"[/color]

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag?[b] Aldila RIP a TX70[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]2.8 and 118[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Charlotte, NC[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]SLDR 9[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]For sure!![/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]70 TX[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable) [b]Tip One Half[/b][b] inch with a Taylormade Adapter[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]I would write an in depth review of the shaft vs my current RIP with on course as well as range testing results. I also have access to a launch monitor and would be happy to provide that data as well. This would be an awesome opportunity and I would be thrilled to be selected! Please know if selected I will write a comprehensive review and participate in the ongoing discussion. Thanks so much for the opportunity![/b][/color]

[b]EDIT: Also, I promise I won't put this up on the BST or ebay like we've been seeing so much of lately with contest winners :) [/b]

TSR3 8 - Ventus Black 6x
TaylorMade Stealth + 15 - Ventus TR 8x
Titleist T150 3 - Modus 3 120x
Titleist T100 4-PW - Modus 3 120x
SM9 50, 56, 60 - Modus 3 120x
LAB

[b]HOW TO APPLY: [/b]
[color=#282828]In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:[/color]

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [/color][color=#ff0000]X2Hot Pro 8.5° with Oban Devotion 6 O5 X-Stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [/color][color="#ff0000"]4. SS ~110mph[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][color="#ff0000"]Grapevine, TX, USA baby! [/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][color="#ff0000"]Callaway X2Hot Pro 8.5°[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color="#ff0000"]Yes, I agree.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/color][color="#ff0000"]Kuro Kage Black TiNi 70 X-Flex 76g[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][color=#ff0000]Callaway Adapter, shaft butt trimmed to 45.5" overall playing length.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][color="#ff0000"]Range testing for flight and feel. On course testing for distance and dispersion. Indoor testing on LM for data.[/color]
[color=#FF0000] [/color]

[color=#FF0000]Thanks![/color]

Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5° w/ Oban Devotion 6 X-Flex
Callaway 816 Alpha 14° w/ Accra AC75 M5 X-Flex
Adams Pro 20° 3h w/ Aldila Tour Red ATX75h X-Flex
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW w/ X-100
Titleist Vokey 50.08 SM5 F-Grind
Titleist Vokey 54.08 SM
Titleist Vokey 58.12 SM
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag? Cobra Fly Z+ with an Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65x 45"[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your current handicap? 8.9 and Swing Speed is 108[/color]
[color=#282828]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Sarasota, FL.[/color]
[color=#282828]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Cobra Fly Z+ [/color]
[color=#282828]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? Absolutely[/color]
[color=#282828]We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color=#282828]Yes, I'll take high res pics and videos too! Along with my review.[/color]
[color=#282828]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 gram or higher and X Flex Please[/color]
[color=#282828]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Cobra Fly Z+ Right Handed[/color]
[color=#282828]Untipped[/color]
[color=#282828]Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/color]

[color=#282828]I would test on a flight scope outdoors and also on course testing for both distance and dispersion[/color]

1) SLDR 460 10.5 w/Motore Tour Spec Speeder 6.2 Tour S Tipped 1/2 inch
2) Handicap 1.5
3) Driver SS = 113
4) Morganton, North Carolina, USA
5) SLDR 460 10.5
6) Would love to participate in the review
7) Will gladly take high res pics and compare it to my current set up as well as other set ups that I have.
8) 60 x
9) No tipping necessary. Would require SLDR adapter
10) I would have extensive testing on the range (I generally hit between 100 and 250 balls per day) as well as on course comparison with current setup (including carry numbers and flight). My home course requires a variety of tee shots and offers multiple opportunities for tee shots into the wind. I play between 5 and 7 18 hole rounds per week, which provides numerous data points over multiple rounds. My typical foursome includes myself and three mini tour players (formerly egolf, currently swingthought tour). This is a group of range rats with similar swing speeds yet different transitions from the top. They would gladly provide additional information. I have played nearly 12 high end shafts over the previous 2 years, including 7 in my SLDR alone ( Tour AD-BB 6x, Attas Int 6x, Attas 3 6ts, Speeder 6.3x, TS Speeder 6.2, Project x Lz 6.5 55g, Aldila Tour Green 65 x) and would provide informal comparisons in regards to feel, transition, kick, and flight.

SLDR 10.5 w/Attas 3 6x
SLDR TS 14 w/Attas 3 7ts
SLDR 18 wT/our AD-DI 8x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 w/ TS Speeder 9.8x
Titleist 712 MB 4-9 w/ Nippon Modus3 120x
Vokey SM5 46, 52 & 58 w/WV 125
Odyssey Highway 101 #7

· What’s in your current bag? [color=#ff0000]Cobra BioCell+ w/stock Matrix Red Tie S[/color]
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [color=#ff0000]17 with a SS between 100-105[/color]
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [color=#ff0000]College Station, TX, US[/color]
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [color=#ff0000]Cobra Bio Cell + @10.5 degree[/color]
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [color=#ff0000]Yes[/color]
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [color=#ff0000]60S[/color]
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [color=#ff0000]No tipping, [/color][color=#ff0000]Cobra BioCell+ Adapter playing at 45"[/color]
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [color=#ff0000]I would start off by testing the feel side by side on the ranged and getting a feel for the ball flight. Then would take it on the course and hit a couple shots with both shafts on the same holes to compare. Would try them out on indoor simulator to compare numbers.[/color]

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1441044689' post='12240192']
Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shafts is looking for 5 GolfWRXers to test the new KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi shaft in their drivers and report back the results.

The smooth bend profile of KURO KAGE™ Black has been infused with the same highly elastic yet extremely strong Titanium Nickel (TiNi) Wire that is found in KURO KAGE™ Silver TiNi. Incorporating TiNi Wire in the tip-section, is designed to enhance feel, stability and strength through impact.

We appreciate your interest and support, and look forward to your feedback.

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

· What’s in your current bag?
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).

[b]SELECTION PROCESS:[/b]
Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shafts and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select 5 testers after the application thread is closed.

[attachment=2933812:GolfWRX_KK-Black-TiNi-Testing-Ad-r2-1024x768.jpg]
[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

· What’s in your current bag? TM Aeroburner w/ speeder evolution 757 x flex
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? +2 116mph
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Austin TX
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? this would go in a TM Aeroburner TP. (Different from one above).
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? YES i would agree

· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? If chosen, i'd like the 80gram x flex tipped an extra half inch please
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). NO adapter needed, since it would go into the Aeroburner.
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. - I would compare both drivers on flightscope on the range, looking for launch, spin and ball flight. I would then do a lot of on course testing to see which performed better under the gun. I've heard a lot of really great things about this shaft and would like to test one out.

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [/color][color=#ff0000]Callaway Big Bertha 816 9 degrees w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60TX[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [/color][color=#ff0000]+3; 127-129[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][color=#ff0000]Greensboro, NC[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][color=#ff0000]Callaway Big Bertha 816 and Callaway Great Big Bertha 9 [/color][color=#ff0000]degrees in both[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color=#ff0000]Quality photos, review, and videos[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/color][color=#ff0000]60X tipped 1 inch or 60TX[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][color=#ff0000]Tipped 1 inch if X flex, if TX no tipping. Callaway adaptor[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/color][color=#ff0000] I would test extensively on the range and course. As someone who practices/plays about 4 hours a day 7 days a week, I would test on a variety of courses requiring different shots. I would compare with a multitude of other drivers with my trackman on the range and the course, and take the driver for tournament play to get the feel of it under the gun.[/color]

· What’s in your current bag? taylormade r9 superdeep with fujikura speeder 757 evolution shaft
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? 8.5 105mph
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? ridgefield, nj. usa
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? taylormade r9 superdeep 10.5*
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 75~80 grams in stiff
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). 44" (43.5" + taylormade r9/r11 adapter)
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. i can test and compare the new shaft with 4 driver heads (rocketballz, r9 supertri 9.5, r9 supertri 10.5, r9 superdeep 10.5) and 4 shafts (matrix rul 60, speeder 757, speeder 757 evolution, matrix hd6) that are interchangeable with each other.

thx.

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? Ping G30 LS Tec, Aldila Rogue 110 & 125 60X 44.5". I switch on and off with the shafts depending on the day and my swing.[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? 8.2, 110mph[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Raleigh, NC[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Ping G30 LS Tec[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes, of course.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60X[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Ping adapter, no tipping necessary.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. Driving range, but mostly playing rounds at multiple courses in my area. I would be looking a [/color][color="#282828"]dispersion, mostly, but also if i gain any distance compared to my current shaft.[/color]

[list]
[*]What's in your current bag?
[/list]
Adams 9064LS, 10.5*, x-stiff, Project X Black 6.5
Adams Speedline LS 3W, x-stiff, Talamonti PD-80
Adams 9031SF 20* hybrid, 1x soft-stepped x-stiff, True Temper Dynamic Gold SL
Maltby DBM 4-GW, 1x soft-stepped x-stiff, True Temper Dynamic Gold
Cleveland 588 RTG 54*, stock shaft
Cleveland 588 RTG 60*, stock shaft
Odyssey Versa V-Line[list]
[*]Your current handicap?
[/list]
2.0[list]
[*]Where are you located? (City, State, Country)
[/list]
[size=4]Fort Worth, TX[/size][list]
[*]What driver will you be installing this in?
[/list]
Adams 9064LS, 10.5*.[list]
[*]If chosen, do you agree to participate in an ongoing review thread where you are required to take and post quality photos and give a review and feedback on the shaft?
[/list]
Sure do. Have done here in the past.[list]
[*]Desired weight/flex combo
[/list]
~60g, x-stiff[list]
[*]Include any tipping and specify OEM adapter tip
[/list]
No tipping, no adapter.[list]
[*]Last, include how you'd test to show fellow GolfWRXers the benefits.
[/list]
I play multiple times a week, have access to a great range facility next door to the Nike Oven, and am a club ho and have several other drivers that suit me that I can test against. Taylormade Superfast TP with a Prolaunch Platinum. Taylormade R9 with several shafts to choose from.

You can see by my current bag that I assemble my own clubs and can provide very detailed feedback about the test shaft.

Sldr 460 9.5 Accra tour Proto 75 x
0.7 handicap. 110ss
Atlanta, Ga
Sldr 460 9.5 & 10.5 (also Sldr 430 10.5)
Yes. I will do a full review w pics.
I will test just like I test all of my clubs. On course with real golf balls (pro v1x). I live on a course and have several great practice holes.

G430 LST 9°  Autoflex505x
SIM 15° RDX Blue 70TX

Cobra King Tec 19° hybrid RDX Black 9-6.5
Mizuno 245 Modus120x
Vokey SM6 50,55,60
Tank Cruiser #1

[color=#282828] What’s in your current bag? [b]Nike VR LTD 9.5. Rombax 7z08 X 44.75"[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]0. 114-118[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Stillwater, Ok[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Nike VR LTD 9.5[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Absolutely[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[b] 70-80gram X flex. Low to Mid Lauch.[/b] [/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Glued Hosel. Would tip per instructions. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]Would compare directly with current driver in same model head. Testing would be conducted on range, course and launch monitor. Also have friends with similar handicap and swing speed that could provide additional input. [/b][/color]

Dr: Cobra LTD Black Diamana LTD D+ 70x 
4W Cobra LTD Black Diamana LTD D+ 70x 
3i Srixon U45 Modus 105x 
4i Srixon 745 Modus 130x 
5-PW Srixon 945 Modus 130x 
50-56-60 Mizuno T7

Piretti Matera
Scotty TeI 3 Newport 2 Long Neck
B-Stone Tour BX

[color=#282828] What’s in your current bag? [/color][color=#ff0000]See my signature below[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [/color][color=#ff0000]-2.5 index and 118mph[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][color=#ff0000]Dallas, TX USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][color=#FF0000]TM R15 460 10.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 60TX playing 44.75 straight in[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color=#ff0000]Yes, I'm actively engaged on this forum most days and have the ability to provide photos in Hi-Res[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/color][color=#ff0000]preferred - 60x second choice 70TX[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][color=#ff0000]TM R15 tip, 60x tipped 1" or straight in with the 70TX playing to 44.75"[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][color=#FF0000]I would do testing on my home course where i can hit multiple balls a hole utilizing the different shafts I have currently which includes my Tour Green TX, Rogue 125MSI 60TX and AD-DI7x. I also have access to a number of other aftermarket shafts through my home club. Additionally, I have access to a LM to provide accurate characteristics for each shaft.[/color]

[color=#FF0000]Thanks for the opportunity![/color]

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [/color][b][color=#282828]​See Signature[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]2.2, 107 ish[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][b][color=#282828]​Saskatoon, SK., Canada[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Callaway Alpha BBa (non DBD) 9.0 cranked to +1[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Of course![/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details. [b]60 series weight stiff[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Callaway 815 adaptor, tip shaft 3/4" please, butt trim to playing length of 45" installed in the 815 BBa. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]Side by side testing outside [/b][/color][color=#282828][b]beside my current shaft (Aldila ROGUE 60 110), then foresight monitor testing once I can determine the flight pattern compared to my gamer. Then multiple rounds of golf to determine how it holds up on the course. [/b][/color]

[b]thanks for the opportunity !![/b]

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Cobra Fly Z + with Fubuki K series 60 X flex shaft
Hcp-8 SS-105
Indianapolis, Indiana
Cobra Fly Z +
Yes, I agree to participate in the thread in an ongoing fashion
60 stiff shaft tipped 0.5 inch with a left handed cobra adapter and playing length of 44.5 inches
I would test it side by side vs. my Fubuki K shaft, my Aldila Rogue 125 msi shaft with the same head. I can test it on the range and on the course side by side and can get numbers on a launch monitor if desired.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR2 with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

Currently hit a taylormade sldr tp 62 gram stiff shaft
Swing speed-110
Handicap-9.9
I would be installing this shaft on my current driver and found testing on the range to start with then moving onto the course playing 3-4 rounds per week
Perfer 62-70 gram stuff flex tipped to fit on a sldr head
I agree to participate and relay feedback on a daily basis

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1441044689' post='12240192']
Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shafts is looking for 5 GolfWRXers to test the new KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi shaft in their drivers and report back the results.

The smooth bend profile of KURO KAGE™ Black has been infused with the same highly elastic yet extremely strong Titanium Nickel (TiNi) Wire that is found in KURO KAGE™ Silver TiNi. Incorporating TiNi Wire in the tip-section, is designed to enhance feel, stability and strength through impact.

We appreciate your interest and support, and look forward to your feedback.

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

[b]SELECTION PROCESS:[/b]
Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shafts and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select 5 testers after the application thread is closed.

[attachment=2933812:GolfWRX_KK-Black-TiNi-Testing-Ad-r2-1024x768.jpg]
[/quote]

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? See signature below.[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? 0.2 107mph[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Carlsbad, CA USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? PING G30 and/or Titleist D4[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60-70g XS[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). None[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. I would avoid Trackman at first and take it straight to the golf course(s). Playability is most important. After forming a playability opinion, I would put it on the launch monitor and test it against my current shaft(s).[/color]

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 Fuji Ventus Black 6S
Callaway Epic SubZero 16.5 Fuji Ventus 7S
PING i500 3 iron UST Recoil 95 F4
PING i500 5 iron Steelfiber i95S
TaylorMade 790 irons 6-PW
Vokey SM8 Raw 50F 54S 59K 62M
Scotty Cameron Timeless CS

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag?[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap?[b]16.2 [/b]Driver Swing Speed? [b]100[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country? [b]Aurora, IL , USA[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[b]Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Absolutely. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]Stiff flex, low to mid 60g weight[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/color][b]Testing shafts really comes down to monitor time along with range/course time. Getting numbers is a great thing as it gives you comparisons for other driver/shaft combos you have or want to test. Feel is yet another aspect that members are curious about, and having good descriptions of tip vs. butt stiffness, etc are important aspects to consider and relay to potential purchasers as well. [/b]

· What’s in your current bag? [b]Titleist 913 D3 w/ Motore F3 70x[/b]
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[b]Hcp. 5.8 / Swing Speed 115[/b]
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Auburn, MA [/b]
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Titleist 913 D3 9.5 degree[/b]
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? [color=#282828]We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.[b] Yes![/b][/color]
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]70x[/b]
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Titleist 913 D3 adapter[/b]
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi [b]I would test this more on the course than anywhere else. I prefer to play and see results rather than at a range hitting drive after drive. The shaft needs to perform on the course and in a competitive setting. I would compare it to my normal shaft using the normal settings on my driver and judge the distance, launch, carry, feel just like i would any other club. Id love to try that baby out!!! [/b]

[color=#282828] What’s in your current bag?[/color]
[color=#282828]Titleist 915 D2 Driver Fujikura Fuel Shaft. Titleist 915 F 3 and 7 Wood Diamana Red Board shafts [/color][color=#282828]Titleist 915 H 4 Hybrid. 5-PW Mizuno MP-H5 Irons. Vokey Wedges. Ringo 1/4 Carbon Putter[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1232030-apply-mitsubishi-kuro-kage-black-tini-shafts-5-testers-needed-apply-here/#"]handicap[/url][color=#282828]? 8 Driver Swing Speed? 103[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Lakewood, Colorado US. I travel all year long and my Golf Bag is with me at all times. I play year round.[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Titleist 915 D2[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / [/color][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1232030-apply-mitsubishi-kuro-kage-black-tini-shafts-5-testers-needed-apply-here/#"]Graphite Shaft[/url][color=#282828] KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 Regular Flex[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). 915 D2 Tip adapter[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi [/color][color=#282828]I currently have 4 shafts that I am comparing for use in my current Driver. The approach I would take would come from Range time occasionally but I like to do "side by side" comparisons. I would take the shafts to the Course with me and hit multiple shots with each shaft. Measuring for distance and accuracy. I find that testing on the course gives you a more accurate idea of what is going to be the best fit for your game. Maximizing accuracy and distance is a huge focus for me. I don't hit the ball a long ways so any shaft that can help me with distance I really want to try.[/color]

#Mizuno
#PlayFamously
#TeamJPX

[color=#282828] What’s in your current bag? [b]Titleist 915 D3 8.5°[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? [b]Driver Swing Speed? 0.8 and 121 mph[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]St. Albert, Alberta Canada[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][b][color=#282828]Titleist 915 D3 8.5°[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]YES[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]70 grams X-Flex[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Titleist Adapter[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi [b]On course testing and flightscope[/b][/color]

WITB:
Taylormade Stealth 2 + 9° Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Orange 60TX
Taylormade Stealth + 19° (playing 17°) Fujikura Pro 2.0 8X 

PXG 0317 ST 3 Iron Nippon Modus 120X
Taylormade P7MC/P7MB Combo (4-6 P7MC/7-9 P7MB) Nippon Modus 120X
Taylormade MG3 46° (47°), 50° (51°), 56°, 60° Nippon Modus 120X
Taylormade MySpider GTX Custom Center Shaft

· [b]What’s in your current bag?[/b] Titleist 913 D3. Black Ops Pro Tour 70g Stiff
· [b]What is your current handicap?[/b] 11 [b]Driver Swing Speed?[/b] 105-110
· [b]Where are you located[/b] Philadelphia PA, USA
· [b]What driver will you be installing this in?[/b] Titleist 913 D3 8.5*
· [b]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread?[/b] Absolutely. I have access to high quality digital cameras for pictures and video
· [b] Desired driver shaft weight and flex[/b] 80g Stiff
· [b] Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter[/b] Trim 1 inch from the butt and the 913 adapter.
· [b]Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi[/b]. I would compare this shaft to my current gamer by testing first on the range for flight and general distance and consistency, then on the course for real-work application of the shaft, and finally on a launch monitor (track man). I would do so in this order so i do not allow the data to skew what I'm actually feeling and seeing in each shaft. In addition to these tests I would also like to see how this shaft stacks up against a similar shaft I have in my 5 wood, a Kuro Kage silver 60g x stiff. I'b be interested to see what differences I can or cannot find between the two.

Thanks for the consideration!

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag?[/color]

[b][color=#282828]-Ping i25 9.5* w/ ATX Green 65x[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-SLDR 14.5* w/Fuji Pro 73x[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-TM UDI 2 w/ C Taper 120x[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-Mizuno MP33s w/ Tour Issue S400[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-Cleveland 52, 56, 60[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap?[b] 10.1[/b] Driver Swing Speed? [b]118mph[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]NY, NY USA[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color]

[b][color=#282828]Ping i25 9.5*[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.?[/color]

[b][color=#282828]Yes, I have a DSLR to take photos with and will be comparing my numbers with my current shaft, and a Rogue 110 70x [/color][/b]

[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/color]

[b][color=#282828]I would like a 70x[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color]

[b][color=#282828]I would like the shaft tipped 1" and a Ping i25 adapter[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/color]

[b][color=#282828]I would like to approach testing based on the following:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-Launch angle[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-Spin Rate[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-Dispersion[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-Carry[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-[/color][color=#282828]Roll out[/color][/b]
[b][color=#282828]-Total distance[/color][/b]

Taylormade SIM2 MAX 9* AutoFlex 505xx 

Taylormade SIM 5 RIP X 85TX

Srixon ZX 20* Recoil 95X

Srixon ZX5 4-6 DGTI X100

Srixon ZX7 7-PW DGTI X100
Taylormade MG2 TW 52/56/60 S400 TI
Kevin Burns 9305LN LAGP One35

Another great giveaway, good luck to all!

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? Cobra Fly-Z+ w/ stock Matrix VLCT Stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? 6.5 as of 9/1 [/color]
[color=#282828] [/color][color=#282828]Driver Swing Speed? 99-101 mph[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Ventura, CA, USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Cobra Fly-Z+[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? Yes, yes, and double yes[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? I'd love to try a 70g Stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No tipping, butt trimmed to play at 44.75"[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. I will give it testing and put it "shaft-to-shaft" against the stock Matrix VLCT I'm currently using, both on a Foresight GC2, as well as on the course, measuring with a gps app. I'll also take a few pictures of some numbers and write up as detailed a review as I can give.[/color]

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

Ping G30 LS Tec 9*, Fubuki J 50X
RBZ Stage 2 14*, Fubuki K 80X
TM UDI 18*, KBS C-Taper Lite
TM MC/MB, KBS Tour V
Vokey 250, 254, and V Grind 60
Yes! Evelyn

8, 110 mph

Fairfax, VA, USA

Ping G30 LS Tec 9*

Yes, absolutely!

60 gram, X flex, to play at 45"

None

On course and range testing against my other shafts in the same driver head, and also indoor launch monitor with either a Flightscope or Trackman. I'd provide feedback on looks, feel, launch, and performance on the course/rage, as well as launch monitor data to show how the shafts might differ in performance for my swing. Thanks for the opportunity.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag? Titleist 915D 10.4 Diamana Blue Stiff 60 gram. Titleist 915 F Graphite Design YS NanoReloaded Stiff, Titleist 915H Diamana Blue 70 gram Stiff, Titleist AP1 714 5-PW Project X PXI 5.5, Titleist SM5 52 KBS SM 5 HIREV Stiff. Titleist 56 KBS HIREV.[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?11, 95[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?Charlottesville, Virginia, USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Titliest 915 D2 10.5[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes, I will participate.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 Gram, Stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. I would need to fully diagnose the problems I was having with my current shaft, Length, launch, trajectory, dispersion, etc. I would start this on the range and then move onto the course. After collecting data, and realizing my pain points, I would move into the Kuro Kage shaft and perform the same diagnostic. Compiling data and finding out which shaft performs better.[/color]