2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

APPLY: Mitsubishi KURO KAGE Black TiNi shafts. 5 Testers Needed. Apply here.

Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shafts is looking for 5 GolfWRXers to test the new KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi shaft in their drivers and report back the results.

The smooth bend profile of KURO KAGE™ Black has been infused with the same highly elastic yet extremely strong Titanium Nickel (TiNi) Wire that is found in KURO KAGE™ Silver TiNi. Incorporating TiNi Wire in the tip-section, is designed to enhance feel, stability and strength through impact.

We appreciate your interest and support, and look forward to your feedback.

HOW TO APPLY:

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

· What’s in your current bag?

· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?

· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?

· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?

· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.

· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?

· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).

· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shafts and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select 5 testers after the application thread is closed.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Made Jetspeed HL set to 11* Tour AD DI 6s shaft
Jonesboro, AR USA
TM Jetspeed HL also test in SLDR 12*
Yes pics and everything in review. Plan to test vs my two shafts for distance and dispersion both out doors and on simulator.

Stiff mid to high 63g with a TM Tip

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag? Titleist 915 D2 Aldila Rogue Stiff 45"[/color]
[color=#282828]What is your current handicap? 2.4[/color]
[color=#282828]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Columbus OH[/color]
[color=#282828]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Titleist 915D2 [/color]
[color=#282828]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? Yes[/color]
[color=#282828]We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color=#282828]Yes, I'll take high res pics and videos too! Along with my review.[/color]
[color=#282828]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 gram or higher and both S and X[/color]
[color=#282828]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Titleist 915 right handed[/color]
[color=#282828]Untipped[/color]
[color=#282828]Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/color]

[color=#282828]My approach to testing primarily is on course and range testing, to be done at Scioto CC.[/color]

Great to hear of a new KK!

1. Ping G30 w/ Xphlexxx Agera
2. +2 and SS is 115-118mph
3. Ping G30 or Callaway 816 DBD
4.Of course I"ll provide feedback and pics and possibly LM data
5 70X or TX
6. Tipped 1" if X or straight in if TX with Callaway adaptor
7. Launch monitor and more importantly I can do testing on course at my club where i can hit multiple balls a hole swapping shafts which IMO is the aboslute best way to test. I usually mark 3-5 balls a piece and conduct testing.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

What’s in your current bag?
-cobra bio cell pro set at 10* with project x pXv 52 6.5, playing 44.25in
Handicap is scratch, ss 115-118
Gilbert,AZ United states
Cobra bio cell pro
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread?
Absolutely, I've participated in reviews in the past and I love the interaction with members during the testing and review process.
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
I can't find the product details, but I would like a driver shaft in the 70-80 gram range, x flex tipped 1 inch, cobra adapter butt trimmed to a playing length of 44.5
Tipped 1 in, cobra bio cell pro adapter
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ black.
I would hit the range multiple times per week to see how it stacks up against my current set up and get comfortable with the feel, then review the shaft performance on course that I play frequently and am familiar with. I would review the feel and performance, and use landmarks to chart differences(can I carry that bunker now, overall flight/spin, shot shape, total yardage etc).

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

1. Current shaft is Aldila Tour Blue 75 TX Tipped 1/2 inch

2. 10 HCP, 110 Club head speed

3. Beaverton Or, US

4. Ping G30 LS 9* at -1 position

5. I agree to post photos and contribute to thread discussion

6. 70X or 70 TX preferred.

7. G30 adaptor, would tip 1/2" as well to match current shaft for testing

8. I would use launch monitor data with range and course testing. Use launch monitor data to find optimal launch conditions for best on course playability.

THANKS GOLFWRX!!!

Ping G410 LST 9* PX HC T1100 EvenFlow 75 6.5

Callaway Mini 1.5 10* PX HC T1100 Hzrdus 85 6.5
Ping G410 LST 14.5* PX HC T1100 EvenFlow 85 6.5

Ping G425 16.5* PX HC Hzrdus Black 95 6.5
Ping G410 17* PX EvenFlow White 100 6.5
Ping G425 XR 2i PX EvenFlow White 100 6.5
Ping I210 4-Pw Fujikura MCI 120 X
Ping Glide 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 WS Fujikura MCI Wedge Mild

Ping Eye 2 XG LW Recoil Proto Spin
Ping Redwood Anser TR 1.5

· What’s in your current bag? [b]Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Performance Model w/ Mitsubishi KK Silver 60G STIFF [/b]
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[b] 12.7, SS varies from 101-108[/b]
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Las Vegas, NV USA[/b]
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Performance Model, current 10.5 loft, but am experimenting with 9.5.[/b]
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Yes[/b]
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]60G STIFF[/b]
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[b] Flexloft Nike adapter[/b]
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]First, if it's allowed, I'd cut the shaft down to what my current shaft is and ensure I fit myself to a similar swing weight. Next, I have access to a backyard driving cage that I would first start testing out what it feels like with my eyes closed relative to what my current shaft feels like. Take some swings with no ball to get a feel for it, how much I can feel the load, how boardy does it feel. Then I'd throw a ball down and try to get a feel for the response it gives me at impact. I'd take some swings and write a general consensus. The next place I would go would be my normal outdoor range to watch the ball flight, looking for consistency. The last place I'd go is an indoor driving range facility near my house that has twelve bays, each with its own GC2-K LM. There, I'd compare numbers between what I have, and what I'd be getting with the new shaft to see what the difference is, if any. [/b]

[indent=1][color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [b]TM SLDR 9* cranked to 8.5 with TS Speeder 7.2[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/color][b] 14, 115[/b]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][b]Fairfax VA[/b]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]SLDR[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][b]Yes[/b]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/color][b]60G STIFF[/b]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color][b] SLDR Tip[/b]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiN[/color][color=#282828]AS : [b]I would take my current driver (that was fit to me at Sawgrass) and the KK to the range and visibly/and feel wise test side by side to see what they look like compared to each other. I would laser results distance wise, and take video the best I could of the flights. Then I would take it inside and hop on a launch monitor to try and add some hard numbers to the eye test. [/b][/color][/indent]

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag?[/color]
- Titleist 915D4 - Aldila Rogue 125MSI 60X

[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/color]
[color=#282828] [/color][color=#282828] - +3.8 - 108mph[/color]

[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?[/color]
[color=#282828] - San Diego, CA, USA[/color]

[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color]
[color=#282828] - Titleist 915 D4 - 9.5*[/color]

[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.[/color]
- Absolutely! I have been a part and started quite a few of these threads for other shaft companies.

[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/color]
- 60 X

[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color]

- Tipped 1/2" Titleist 915 Tip - Installed Logo down in the "4" position

[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi[/color]
[color=#282828] - I have a trackman, and will be testing it directly against Rogue 125MSI in 60X. I will be taking many screenshots of my trackman, and allowing for a complete data analysis[/color]

Greetings, and thanks for the opportunity -

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag?[b] My current driver is a Titleist 915 D2, 10.5*. The shaft is a Diamana S+ 70, stiff, 1/2" short (appropriate head weight to compensate)[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]8 handicap, driver SS between 95 and 100[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Twin Cities area, Minnesota[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]My Titleist 915 D2, 10.5*[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Can do[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]For a good comparison, a 70g, stiff flex model would be ideal[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][b]Titleist 915 driver adapter[/b]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]The same way players will judge this model when it releases in October - I will compare performance against my existing installed driver shaft, in day to day play on my home course. This will minimize the effect of other variables.[/b][/color]

Callaway Epic Speed
Mizuno JPX-EZ 17
TaylorMade M1 hybrid 19.5
TaylorMade M1 hybrid 23
Mizuno MP-25 5 - PW
Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 wedges, 50, 54, 58
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag?[/color] [color=#0000FF]Cobra BCP w/ Aldila Rouge 125msi 60 Regular flex & Cobra FZP w/ Aldila Tour Blue 60 Regular Flex[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap?[/color][color=#0000ff] 3[/color][color=#282828] Driver Swing Speed? [/color][color=#0000ff]mid to upper 80's depending on which side of the bed I wake up on... [/color]
[color="#282828"]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][color=#0000ff]Churchill, Pa. USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][color="#0000ff"] Cobra Bio Cell + and Cobra Fly Z +[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color=#0000ff]yes, indeed[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/color][color=#0000ff] 60 grams , regular flex[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color][color=#0000ff] Standard butt trim so driver plays @ 45"[/color]
[color="#282828"]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][color=#0000FF]I would be using real on course testing along with many range sessions as to give me time to compare the New Mitsubishi Kuro[/color] [color="#0000ff"]Kage vs, current gamers. Also I have access to indoor facility so I can show data results for someone who swings in my swing speed range of mid 80's. Not all of us 50 year olds can swing 115.... lol[/color]

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

Currently testing a TW Vapor Speed but spent the last year with a tour issue SLDR with a Rogue black stuff 60.

Handicap is 11. Driver swing speed is around 98-100

Brooklyn, NY

I would try it in the SLDR, ideally at 44.5

· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
Yes. No problem.

70s

TM SLDR tip. Straight in. Playing length 44.5

It would be a mix of range sessions, most likely including a session at Golf Manhattan to look at numbers vs the Rogue. I'd follow that up with a couple on course rounds.

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? Titleist 915D2 10.5 with Fujikura VC Speeder 6.2 X[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? 5.7 and 105 mph[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Atlanta, Georgia US[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Titleist 915 D2 10.5[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes I am willing[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 68 Gram X flex[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Titleist 915 OEM adapter stock tipping to play 44.75"[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. I would test it via driver range sessions against my speeder and tour ad mt7x, playing on my home course and I would try to use trackman at one of my local ranges. [/color]

[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]917 D2 10.5 Matrix Rul 60X[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]915F 15* Matrix RUL 70X[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Tour Edge [/color][color=#ff0000]CB Pro Tungsten 2 iron with Speeder Pro[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]4-PW[/color] [color=#ff0000]716 AP2 AMT X100[/color][/b]
[b]Titleist [color=#ff0000]SM6 54 & 58 TI S400[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Scotty Cameron [/color][color=#ff0000]Futura 5MB[/color][/b]

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag?[/color]
original Diamana whiteboard 83x tipped 1".
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/color]
my current handicap is 0.6. driver swing speed is 113 mph.
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?[/color]
i am currently located in Los Angeles, CA, USA
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[/color]
Titleist 913 D3 8.5* on D4 setting.
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.[/color]
Yes, I agree to participate. I can definitely provide high quality pictures and a descriptive review of the shaft.
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/color]
anything in a 70-80g with a X-stiff flex.
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color]
1" tipping @ standard length 45". titleist surefit adapter for 913D3
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.
I usually spend my weekends at the range and course. I will spend a large part of the day warming up and getting my body loosened. I will then hit my driver with my shaft on the range and see flight characteristics. then of course the kuro kage black tini and see flight characteristics. I can go back and forth as i see necessary. Then I will grab my shag bag full of prov1's and mark and hit them onto hole #1 at my course. of course seeing and noting what i see and feel.[/color]

[color=#282828]This is an awesome opportunity, thank you for the chance.[/color]

In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:

· What’s in your current bag? Taylormade SLDR 460 10.5 with Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 7.3 stiff, Mizuno mp53 irons, Nike x3x wedges, see more putter, SLDR 5wd
· What is your current handicap? 12
Driver Swing Speed? 107 mph
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Wyoming, MI, USA
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? TaylorMade SLDR 460 10.5
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 80g stiff
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Taylormade SLDR Tip not tipped
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. Outdoor use on the range and he course would be a must and indoors with a trackman launch monitor that I have access to through my employer. Along with comparison to my current shaft and other shafts.

What’s in your current bag?
Tour Issue SLDR - Blueboard 63
G30 14.5 - Rogue Black 70
DHY 21 & 24 - Tour Blue 85
G25 w\ Recoil 95
Titleist SM5 46, 50, 54, and 58

What is your current handicap?

Driver Swing Speed?

Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
Greensboro, NC

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
SLDR or R15

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread?
YES

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
60 Stiff

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
.5 inch

Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.
Would provide on course comparison to current Diamana Blueboard 63 x5ct

Current bag - see signature below

Handicap - scratch

Driver swing sped - 108

Location - Richmond, VA

Driver - Callaway XR 10.5

I will be happy to participate in an ongoing thread.

60X with Callaway Optfit adapter. Standard recommended tipping and butt trimmed to play 44.5".

I have two identical Callaway XR heads. I can put my beloved Kai 'li 60X in one and the KK Black TiNi 60X in the other for side-by-side comparison on the course. I work at a course part time so I have the freedom to play (compare shafts) frequently. I used a Sky Caddie to measure drive distance for accurate measurement.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Titleist 915 D3 with Aldila Rogue Black 70g

My current handicap is 4 and my driver swing speed is 110mph

Wilmington, Ohio

Titleist 915 D3 9.5 degree

Yes

60g in S flex

Stock tipping to play at 45" with Titleist adapter for 915 series

My favorite way to test a new shaft is to hit one ball with my current setup and then switch in the new shaft and hit another ball. I have always found this is the best way for me to test new shafts. I would also do Trackman testing to see if it confirms what I experience with on-course testing. I plan on documenting as much of this as I can on video to share with everyone.

[color=#282828] Currently playing a Taylormade R1 TP[/color]

[color=#282828]Playing at a 2 handicap with a swingspeed of about 118mph[/color]

[color=#282828]Located in Ventura County, CA[/color]

[color=#282828]Will be installing in my R1[/color]

[color=#282828]Will be able to post hi res photos along with quality reviews of the shaft [/color]

[color="#282828"]Ideal weight and flex would be 70 XStiff[/color]

[color="#282828"]Stock tipping to play at 44.5", with TM adapter[/color]

I will test the driver both on the range and at the course, I usually spend 1-2 hours a day at the range, 3-5 times a week, and I try to play 2-3 times a week as well. My approach to the testing would be to compare to my current Motore Speeder VC 7.3 Tour Spec by checking the different launch angles and spin rates along with the distance. I also have access to a Trackman at work so I can get numbers from there along with the on course testing

R15 9* (set to 10*) Kuro Kage XTS 70x tipped 1" 45"
Aeroburner TP 16.5 Kuro Kage XTS 80x tipped 1" 42.75"
SLDR 5hL 21 (set at 19*) rombax P95 tipped 1.5" 42"
MP-64 4-6 KBS C-Taper s+
Mp-4 7-PW KBS C-Taper X (ssx1)
SM5 52,56,60 TIS400
Odyssey Works 7CH 35"

· What is your current handicap?Driver Swing Speed?
+.2, 117-120

Park City, UT USofA

Taylormade R15, 9* (set on "higher" setting)

Totally

70x

R15 Tipped 1", set on "higher"

I would test it side by side on the course with my XTS 70x. I love how unbelievably stable the XTS is without seeming boardy. I can go after it quite hard to totally rely on the shaft being there. However I wouldn't mind a little smoother bend profile and maybe a slightly higher launch. I would test it at the course I belong to and play 3-4 times per week. Recently I have been going to the local Golftec to hit balls on the simulator and compare spin rates. It's not a Trackman or Flightscope but it at least provides a decent comparison from one shaft/head to another. I have been building my own clubs for over 15 years and can make sure to dial the shaft/head in to my exact settings to ensure a proper comparison.

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [/color][color=#ff0000]Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 with Speeder shaft. [/color]
· What is your current handicap? [color=#ff0000]12 [/color]Driver Swing Speed? [color=#ff0000]~100[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][color=#ff0000]Columbus, Ohio, USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][color=#ff0000]Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][color=#ff0000]Yes[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/color][color=#ff0000]Stiff flex[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][color=#ff0000]Alpha/Opti adapter[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][color=#ff0000]It would be a combination of range time and playing time. Compare it to other shafts that are similar, and possibly in different drivers, as I have access to several different Callaway drivers that would make use of the Opti adapter. I'd also try to determine if it responds better to a certain type of swing as my swing is different from some other people that I play with who could try it as well.[/color]

TM SLDR 10.5 w/ stock Fujikura speeder 57 grams stiff
Adams super ls 3wd with Kuro Kage black 70g
Adams super ls 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Kuro Kage black 80 HY shaft
5-w Titleist 712 AP 2 w/ XP 115 S 300 shafts
50, 54, 60 Vokey wedges with XP 115 S300 shafts
Odyssey Versa Works 1 W Putter

4 hdcp
100-105 mph
Lexington, KY

If selected I'd be happy to assist Mitsubishi with data and pictures.

Would be installing in my current SLDR.

Would prefer to test [color=#7A7D7F]KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi 50 Stiff 56 grams shaft.[/color]

[color=#7A7D7F]Thanks[/color]

· What’s in your current bag? [b]Callaway Alpha 815 w/ TP7HD [/b]
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]0, 107mph[/b]
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Sedalia, MO, USA[/b]
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Callaway Alpha 815 10.5*[/b]
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Yes[/b]
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]70g Stiff[/b]
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Callaway 815 Tip, no tipping[/b]
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]I will test the shaft on the range side by side with my current gamer. I will also test the shaft on the course in real world game pressure. I also have access to a launch monitor.[/b]

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [b]I am currently using a Titleist 915 D3 9.5* with a Oban Kiyoshi 65 X. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]5.3 -- Driver swing speed 105-108[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Wayne, PA USA[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Titleist 915 D3[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Absolutely!! [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]60X[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]915 Adaptor -- [/b][b]No Tipping. [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][b][color=#282828]​I am lucky enough to have access to a launch monitor so I could offer comparison between the KURO KAGE, Oban Kiyoshi Black, and PX LZ 60X as well as other stock shafts offered by Titleist. I would also like to take the shaft to the course so that I can give a full review of its performance as well as more subjective feedback relating to feel. [/color][/b]

Ping G430 LST 10.5* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 60 X
Ping G430 Max 15* // Fujikura Speeder NX Green 70 X

Srixon ZX MKII 3H // Fujikura Speeder 904H S
Ping Blueprint S (4-W) // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Titleist SM9 50F, 56S, 60L // Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue
Byron Morgan DH89

I just recently joined golfwrx.com as a member. I hope this doesn't hurt my chances for selection. I often view this site, especially the forums to get info on golf products I may purchase. I especially view the shaft forums. Great website.

Current Bag: Driver: Titleist 915 D3 9.5 degree, 3W: TM Aero Burner 15 degree, Hybrid: Titleist 913h.d 18, 23 degree, Irons: TM R9 TP 5-PW, Wedges: Miura 54, 60 degree

Handicap: 1.4 index (former mini tour player. Only play the tips on every course, no gimmies, USGA rules)

Swing Speed: 106-110mph

Installation: Titleist 915 D3 9.5 degree

I agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon/Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE Black TiNi review thread. I will provide hi-res, quality photos, and a review of the shaft (videos also).

Desired Driver Shaft/Weight/Flex: 70g S or X. Need tip trim only if S flex. Titleist 915 OEM adapter.

Testing Approach:
-Mark golf balls and hit several shots on various outdoor tee boxes with KURO KAGE shaft and alternate with current fitted shafts (Tour AD MJ and Rogue Black)
-Make note of all shots. Have spotter in fairway to laser carry and total distance
-Use KURO KAGE shaft during competitive rounds with playing partners
-Have playing partners try shaft for feedback and comment vs their current driver shaft
-Also can provide indoor simulator results if needed
-Practice with several tour players in area and can provide their feedback if needed

Current is Callaway 815 Big Bertha Alpha with Motore Speeder 565 stiff
Current handicap is 5.1. Driver swing speed 104 avg
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'll install in my current 815 Big Bertha Alpha. 10.5 set to -1 loft
Yes I will share photos and review
60-65g stiff
Callaway optifit adapter no tipping

I would test the shaft at my club where I have access to Trackman. Will test against current Speeder 565 stiff. Also could test against Miyazaki Kusala White 61 stiff possibly. Interested because I have the Kuro Kage Silver TiNi in my Big Bertha Mini that I like and can also include in the comparison review.

Thank you for consideration.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

[color=#FFA07A][size=2]· What’s in your current bag?[/size][/color][color=#282828][size=2] [size=3]Cobra Bio Cell Pro with an Aldila RIP Phenom NL 80 TX for the driver. The rest is in the sig.[/size][/size][/color]
[color=#FFA07A][size=2]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/size][/color][color=#282828][size=2] [size=3]Currently right at Scratch. SS is in the upper teens but can push it over 120. Not bad for an old f@art![/size][/size][/color]
[color=#FFA07A][size=2]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/size][/color][color=#282828][size=2][size=3]Near Sarasota Fl.[/size][/size][/color]
[color=#FFA07A][size=2]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[/size][/color][color=#282828][size=2] [size=3]Bio Cell Pro[/size][/size][/color]
[color=#FFA07A][size=2]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.[/size][/color][color=#282828][size=2] [size=3]Would love to. And my pics would be pretty dang good,[size=2] [size=1]wink wink nudge nudge[/size][/size].[/size][/size][/color]
[color=#FFA07A][size=2]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/size][/color][color=#282828][size=2] [size=3]Experience has told me that I am more consistent with heavier shafts so the 80X would be the one I am interested in.[/size][/size][/color]
[color=#FFA07A][size=2]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/size][/color][color=#282828][size=2] [size=3]Experience has told me that tipping an inch for the driver gives me the most stable feeling. A Cobra MyFly adapter would be the one I need. I can do the work myself though if needed. [/size][/size][/color]
[color=#FFA07A][size=2]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/size][/color] [size="3"][color="#282828"]Nothing tells me more than hitting the club. I use my eyeball and my senses. The current shaft I have is a bit harsh but it gives me results. I prefer smoother shafts like the one I have in my 5 wood, which is a Motore F3 90x tipped quite a bit so I am looking right now. I personally feel that shafts are more important than heads for results. The shaft after all contributes the "feel" to the club. I like the idea of the TiNi wires stabilizing the tip on the Kuro Kage shafts and have been thinking about getting one to give a go, with so many pros using them. I would just simply test it against the shafts I already have. If it works, it works.[/color][/size]

[color=#282828]· Titleist 915 D3 9.5 with Tour AD DI 7X tipped an inch[/color]
[color=#282828]· 4.8 handicap. 119 mph driver SS.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Garden City, NY, US[/color]
[color=#282828]· Titleist 915 D3[/color]
[color=#282828]· Yes[/color]
[color=#282828]· 70X[/color]
[color=#282828]· Tipped 1 inch with Titleist Adapter[/color]
[color=#282828]· On course and launch monitor testing against current shaft. [/color]

2017 M1 460 9.5 - Diamana BF 60X2017
M2 Tour 15 - Diamana CK Blue 70X
TM P790 UDI #2
TM P760 - #4-9 DG TI S400
Vokey SM6 46.08F, 50.08F, 54.10V, 58.11K DG TI S4100
TM Spider Putter

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [b]Callaway 815 BBA with a Speeder 565 S[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]Handicap of 8, driver SS of 110[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?, [b]Lancaster Pa USA[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Callaway 815 BBA with 10.5 set down a degree (9.5) draw with the gravity core down[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]I've been to do one for a while so of course.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details? [b]6.0ish weight in Stiff[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Shortened 1/2 inch, Callaway Optifit tip.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi? [b]Well coming from a background of a clubfitter, it's important to first dial in the combination of settings with the head. Then I would compare it on the range with my current shaft for feel. Finally go on the course, and put my current gamer shaft in one of the demo heads that is set the exact same. Go on the course and hit 2 drives on all my driver holes at LCC and compare distance, ball flight, workability, roll distance, control. Finally work on feel. I would also have another 3-4 people hit it to get their feelings on the shaft.[/b][/color]

WITB 2015:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, -1 D setting, Speeder 565 S
3WD: Cobra Biocell+ 12.5 degrees, Matrix Black tie
2HY: Cobra Biocell, 16.5D setting, Stock shaft
4/5i: Cobra Biocell, True Temper s+ shaft
6-PW: Biocell+, Dynamic Gold S200
50 Vokey
56 Vokey
Odessey MetalX Milled #2

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag? [b]Titleist 910 D2 Diamana Kai'li Stiff 45", Ping G25 15*, Taylormade UDI 18* KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, Mizuno MP54 KBS Tour Stiff 4-PW, Miura 51* KBS Wedge, Mizuno MP R12 56* DG Spinner, Callaway Mackdaddy PM Grind 60* KBS Tour V Wedge flex.[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What is your current handicap? [b]3.6[/b][/color]
Swing Speed? [b]108 MPH[/b]
[color=#282828]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Hillsborough New Jersey USA[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Titleist 910D2 9.5* [/b][/color]
[color=#282828]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? [b]Yes[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][b][color=#282828]Yes, I'll take high res pics! Along with my review and will compare it with my current gaming shaft![/color][/b]
[color=#282828]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]60X would be perfect![/b][/color]
[color=#282828]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Titleist 910 left handed u[/b][/color][b][color=#282828]ntipped[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color]

[b]I would test on range results with my current gaming shaft and note the differences in feel and ball flight. Then, I would bring it on the course with me and use game golf to compare how far and accurately I am actually hitting it compared to my current [/b][b]shaft[/b][b] especially during junior golf tournaments! I could also possibly provide Flightscope/Trackman numbers from my coach as my club is going to have an indoor practice facility with these LM's setup which would be great to compare with!

Thanks for the great opportunity![/b]

WITB
Titleist 910 D2 9.5 D4 setting (Neutral)
Ping G25 15*
Taylormade Rocketballz Stage 2 19*
Mizuno MP 54 4-P, Mizzy MP R12 52/56/60
Titleist TEI3