2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

APPLY: Mitsubishi KURO KAGE Black TiNi shafts. 5 Testers Needed. Apply here.

[color=#282828] What’s in your current bag? Titleist 913 D3 8.5 Graphite Design DI-7X[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? 1.0, SS of ~115[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Toronto, Ontario, Canada (Can pick up in Niagara Falls NY, USA)[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Titleist 913[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes I agree[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? X flex 70 Gram[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Standard Prep. [/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. I would test on track man on my driving range, as well as on the golf course in playing conditions marking distance, ball flights, and final positions (on course) all necessary stats on Trackman. Ideally I would do this in several sessions to account for weather and swing variances. [/color]

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

· What’s in your current bag? [b]Rotate between R15/GDMT and AB TP/ GD DI[/b]
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]5 and 100 SS[/b]
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Orange County, CA[/b]
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Most likely my 9.5* R15[/b]
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Yes[/b]
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]65-Stiff[/b]
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Straight In-No tipping with R15 TP adapter[/b]
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]I would start off with some range time to get acquainted with the shaft. Then a few rounds of golf. Lastly, if time allows would like to get either flightscope or Trackman numbers with the TiNi and GD Mt shaft back to back.[/b]

· What’s in your current bag? [b]Callaway 815 Alpha 10.5, Speeder 661 Stiff Flex alternate shaft is Diamana B Series 60 Stiff[/b]

· What is your current handicap? 4.4 Driver Swing Speed? [b]approx 100 to 105 mph[/b]

· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Grapevine, TX USA[/b]

· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]I've tried the 50g (too lightweight) in a 2016 Callaway Great Big Bertha, which I plan on purchasing soon, I'll evaluate the KK Black in my current 815 Alpha[/b]

· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]No worries on this.[/b]

· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]I'd like to try 60g Stiff flex[/b]

· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Tip 1/2", Callaway current adapter[/b]

· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]As I'm a very accurate driver of the ball (average 11 of 14 fairways per round) I mainly play by feel. I'd use launch monitor along with mainly direct comparison with current shafts, as easily changed. I'd then play a few rounds at my home course and be able to provide feedback based on results.[/b]

[b]Thanks in advance for your consideration :wave:[/b]

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

Current bag set up:
Driver (8.5*): Nike Vapor Pro, Fujikura Speeder 757, X flex
3 Wood (16*): Callaway Big bertha alpha, Fujikura Speeder 757, X flex
20* Hybrid: Callaway x-hot pro, Fujikura motore F1 95g, X flex
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro- 4-pw, Dynamic gold Tour Issue X 100's
Wedges: Mizuno MPR 12- DG Spinner, Callaway MD2 tour, DG Spinner
Putter: Scotty Cameron TEi 3

I would really love to test the 70G KK in X flex. Preferred playing length of setup is 44.75"

I would be testing the shaft in my current driver in the place of the Speeder 757 X. As you can see, I have had good luck with Fuji's, and although I have tried some others, most notably the Tour AD MJ in 70-gram X flex, I have just had the best luck with the speeder. I really enjoyed the feel of the Tour AD MJ, it was the smoothest shaft I have ever used, it just launched a little high for me. I am hoping to find something that blends the dispersion and launch of the speeder, with some comparable feel to the MJ. My current SS ranges between 111-115 mph, and I have an 11 handicap.

As far as testing goes, to give it a fair shot I would take it to the course I play most often at least 2-3 different times before writing too much outside of initial thoughts. The familiar course would serve the purpose of knowing what shot shapes and what carry distances I normally achieve. The particular course I would be choosing has a few instances that have some very advantageous forced carries, and if it's any easier to get there accurately, it would tell me a great deal.

After a few rounds with the shaft, I would be sure to bring it to a launch monitor for a side by side comparison to be able to give wrx'ers the technical data that they so desire as proof of performance.

Although I use the speeder in my 3wood and driver, I'm all but biased towards it. If it were effective in the driver, I would certainly want one for my 3wood as well as I am in search for something different for the both of them.

I spend enough time on WRX that posting photos and making sure I am attentive to the thread would not be an issue!

Appreciate the chance at getting to try one of these out! I liked the KK silver I had in my covert tour and definitely look forward to testing out another model!

Thanks!

-Tom

· What’s in your current bag?
TaylorMade R15 430 TP (9.5)- Mistubishi Rayon Fubuki J X-70
TaylorMade SLDR-S (15)- Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki J X-70
TaylorMade Tour Preferred UDI (2 iron)- KBS Tour C-Taper X Flex
Titleist CB/MB Combo black obsidian finish (4-PW)- KBS Tour C-Taper S+ Flex
Cleveland CG15 Wedges (50, 52, 56)- TrueTemper DG Wedge Flex
Wilson 8802 lmtd edition putter

· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?
0.8. 118-123

· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
Thornton, Colorado, USA

· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
TaylorMade R15 430 TP...or maybe a new M1 in October.

· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
Absolutely I will take pics, and HD video as well if needed. I would also provide honest, and accurate reviews of the shaft.

· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
X-70

· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
X-70 would be stock or tip 1/2 inch, anything S or S+ would be tipped 1.0"

· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.
I would approach this by giving honest feedback, not only hitting balls on the range, but I firmly believe the best feedback is on the course. When I have a quality shaft that I can trust, like the Fubuki J, I know it will perform for me. So I trust the shaft and setup and monitor the feedback. With variables such as wind conditions, firmness of fairways, etc., I feel that the course is the best way to asses performance. Many balls on the driving will help with that assessment, but nothing beats results on the course when it matters.

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [/color][color=#0000cd]Cally Great Big Bertha with Speeder 665 Evolution II TS Stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [/color][color=#0000cd]1, 106-109[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][color=#0000cd] Decatur, Al, US[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Cally Great Big Bertha[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.[/color][color=#0000cd] Absolutely yes.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/color][color=#0000cd] 60 gram model in X Flex[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][color=#0000cd]No tipping.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][color=#0000cd]I'd first go to the range and hit a variety of shots to see how the shaft performs. I'd change the settings on the driver and see what worked best with the shaft. Make notes of the feel, sound, ball flight, and how easy or hard it is to load the shaft. I'd then take the preferred setting and go to the course and see if the shaft allowed me to work my way through the course. I prefer to hit draws and fades off the tee as needed depending on how the hole is setup. Having a shaft that is steady enough to not over hook, but allow that kind of workability is the key in this type of situation.[/color]

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

What’s in your current bag? Kwok'd Taylormade SFTP V1, Matrix Ozik HD6 Stiff
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? 5hdcp, 105
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Reno, NV USA
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? TM M1 if it arrives in time!
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes! Definitely
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 gram, Stiff
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). N/A
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. Range testing, launch monitor testing and on course testing against my SFTP.

[color=#282828] What’s in your current bag?[/color]
Titleist 910 10..5 loft with a Project X 6.0 shaft

[color=#282828]What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/color]
[color=#282828]14· 103[/color]

[color=#282828]Where are you located (City, State, Country)?[/color]
Monticello, Illinois, USA

[color=#282828]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[/color]
[color=#282828]Titlesit 910 10.5 loft[/color]
[color=#282828] [/color]
[color=#282828]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? [/color]
Yes

[color=#282828]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/color]
[size=3]
KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi 60[/size] [size=3]
S[/size] [size=3]
46.0[/size] [size=3]
66[/size] [size=3]
0.335[/size] [size=3]
3.0[/size] [size=3]
0.620[/size] [size=3]
4.3[/size] [size=3]
MID[/size]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable)[/color]
[color=#282828]Titleist adapter[/color]

[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TI[/color]

[color="#282828"]I would first take it to the driving range and compaire (ball flight and left to right) it to my current shaft (Project X 6.0). Then I would take to the golf course and stand on our par 5 and hit several balls with my current shaft and then then several balls with the KURO. Then the next day I would just hit drives one the same par 5 using the two different shafts. I would use the exact same golf balls while on the par 5 tee.[/color]

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? - Cobra Bio Cell Pro w/ Fujikura Motore F3 70g stiff flex (playing to 43.5")[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? - Estimated 15 hdcp. Driver Swing Speed: 103-105[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Greenbelt, MD USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Cobra Bio Cell Pro[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - Yes I can provide quality photos and will participate in the on-going thread.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? - 70g, stiff flex[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). - Please tip 1", butt trim to play 44" with Cobra Bio Cell Pro tip/adapter.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.- I would go to a fitter that has a trackman and get data/information using both. Would get an assortment of shots (flushed/mishits will be included) to ensure that results come from a large sample of swings.[/color]

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

[color=#282828]- What’s in your current bag? [/color][color=#0000ff][i]NIKE Vapor Flex (Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6X - tipped 1/2"), Callaway BB 815 3W (Oban Devotion 7 X), Titleist 913 F (Diamana 'ahina 80X)[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]- What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [/color][i][color=#0000ff]Currently at a 7, but trending below with each new revision. Driver speed 118 mph (just had a Tour Van fitting at PGA Tour Superstore)[/color][/i]
[color=#282828]- Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][i][color=#0000ff]Lawrenceville, NJ, United States of America[/color][/i]
[color=#282828]- What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][color="#0000ff"][i]NIKE Vapor Flex (Set at 8.5*)[/i][/color]
[color=#282828]- If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][i][color=#0000ff]Absolutely. Will provide hi-res photos with my Canon T2i and an in-depth analysis of my experience and feedback.[/color][/i]
[color=#282828]- Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details? [/color][i][color=#0000ff]KuroKage XT60 X Flex[/color][/i]
[color=#282828]- Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][color=#0000ff][size=4][i]Tipped 1", [/i][/size][/color][size=4][color=#0000ff][i][i]N[/i]ike Flex Loft 2.0 Shaft Adaptor[/i][/color][/size]
[color=#282828]- Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [/color][i][color=#0000ff]I actually have two shafts for this driver (currently the Tour AD listed above, but also the stock Diamana S+ Blue Board 60X), so I would take all three shafts to the range at the club and simply hit a dozen or so balls with each shaft. I would compare the obvious features of each, including feel, response, trajectory, dispersion, etc. Then I would head to the course and play a few balls on a couple unique driving holes and compare again. Here I would look at shot shape against the natural layout of the holes and what I was trying to accomplish with my shot. In the fairway, I would compare roll out among the shafts, as this is something I have struggled with having a high ball flight and high spin rate. Often, I would find (before switching to the Tour AD) my ball right next to my ball mark in the fairway, so assuming the Kage does what it should, I would expect a decent amount of roll after.[/color][/i]

· What’s in your current bag? Ping G30LS, Kuro Kage XT stiff
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? 15 handicap, 105mph
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Los Altos, CA, USA
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Ping G30LS, 10.5 set -0.6, 45inch
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes, absolutely
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60g range stiff flex
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No tipping, ping G30 adapter
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. Range and launch monitor testing to compare numbers, then on course testing. Will be comparing to Kuro Kage XT, stock Ping tour stiff.

Ping G30ls w/ Diamana S+
8.8 handicap, drier swing speed ~105
Alameda, CA, USA
Ping G30ls
Absolutely. Actively and thoroughly
~60g stiff
Whatever is required to fit the G30 adapter
I'll approach it the same way I approach all (potential) new products, with honestly toward myself and the results. I go out of my way to let the results (both launch monitor and real world results) make my decisions, not what I "want" the results to be. I'll test at the range, in a hitting bay via Trackman and on the course.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

· What’s in your current bag? Nike Flex w Aldila Rogue
· What is your current handicap? 8 Driver Swing Speed? 110
· Where are you located? Chicago, IL
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Nike Vapor Flex
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.b- I have done many reviews before and would be honored to do it for MRC!
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 gram
x flex!
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Flexloft 2.0 from Nike. I have an extra if you don't have one.

First I would get testing done in a simulator and dial in the correct settings for my head on the Nike. Then I would take it to the course and swap between my current shaft and he new TiNi.

I play very early in the morning which gives me time to hit one drive with one shaft and then another with the other shaft. I would chart out and compare the drive results.

I play twice a week so over two weeks I can get 4 rounds in.

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag?[b] TaylorMade JDM SLDR 10* Tour AD MT-6s[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]HDCP 6.7, Driver speed 102-106[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Warren, NJ, US[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][b][color=#282828]TaylorMade JDM SLDR 10*[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Most definitely![/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]60g Stiff[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[b] No tipping, Taylormade SLDR\R15 [/b][/color][b][color=#282828]adapter[/color][/b]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]It would be first tested at range for launch angle, spin rate, flight characteristics, kick and stability. It would also be evaluated by feel, both static and dynamic. [/b][/color][b] I have a number of premium shafts so I would be testing this against the likes of Tour AD MT6s, Diamana W60s, Gogo5 6S, and I am expecting a Project X HZRDUZ very shortly. [/b][b]Then it'll be off to the course for real life performance tests.[/b]

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

1) SLDR 430 9.0 rouge 70 Tx Tipped 1 inch
2) Handicap 1.5
3) Driver SS = 118
4) Heathrow, Florida , USA
5) SLDR 430 9.0
6) Would love to participate in the review
7) Will gladly take high res pics and compare it to my current set up as well as other set ups that I have.
8) 70x
9) 1 inch tipping would require SLDR adapter
10) I would have extensive testing on the range (I generally hit between 100 and 250 balls per day) as well as on course comparison with current setup (including carry numbers and flight). My home course requires a variety of tee shots and offers multiple opportunities for tee shots into the wind. I play between 5 and 7 18 hole rounds per week, which provides numerous data points over multiple rounds. My typical foursome includes myself and three mini tour players (formerly egolf, currently swingthought tour). This is a group of range rats with similar swing speeds yet different transitions from the top. They would gladly provide additional information. I have played nearly 12 high end shafts over the previous 2 years, including 7 in my SLDR alone ( Tour AD-BB 6x, Attas Int 6x, Attas 3 6ts, Speeder 6.3x, TS Speeder 6.2, Project x Lz 6.5 55g, Aldila Tour Green 65 x) and would provide informal comparisons in regards to feel, transition, kick, and flight.

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

What's in your current bag? [b]Titleist 915D2 9.5 GD Tour ADDI 7X[/b]
What is your current handicap? Driver swing speed? [b]My handicap is 1.5 with a swing speed of 110-115[/b]
Where are you located? [b]Orlando, FL, USA[/b]
What driver (brand, model, loft) Will you be installing this in? [b]Titleist 915D2 9.5[/b]
If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Yes[/b]
Desired driver shaft weight and flex [b]70X or 70TX[/b]
Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Titleist OEM adapter and no tipping[/b]
Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [b]I have tested multiple shafts against my ADDI 7x (in my bag). I would use the same process toward the KURO KAGE Black TiNi. All testing and comparisons would be done at ranges and courses at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, my home course. I would compare feel, workability, distance, and overall performance against my Diamana 'Ahina (Stock) and ADDI 7X shafts. I would write a detailed review with pictures as well.[/b]

[b]Thanks for the testing opportunity![/b]

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag? [/color][b]TM RBZ Stage 2, TM 300 irons, Odyssey putter #2 , Vokey SM5 wedges (54,60)[/b]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [/color][b]14 SS 105-110[/b]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [/color][b]Lexington,Ky[/b]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][b]TM RBZ Stage 2[/b]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Absolutely[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/color][b]60 -XStiff[/b]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [/color][b]Straight In-No tipping with TM adapter[/b]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black Tini. [b]I would take it to the range and compare it to my current gamer. I would play at least 4-5 rounds to get a feel for how the club feels on the course and again compare it to my gamer. I could get launch monitor numbers as well. [/b][/color]

· What’s in your current bag? [b]Titleist 915 D2 with 'ahina 70 S and Ping G30 with 'ahina 70 S[/b]

· What is your current handicap?[b] I am a 4[/b]. [b]Very consistent driver.[/b] Driver Swing Speed? [b]100[/b]

· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Grand Rapids, Michigan. USA[/b].

· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b] Titleist 915 D2 9.5 and Ping G30 9.5[/b]

· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? [b] Yes. [/b] We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]YES.[/b]

· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]Approximately 65-70 gram, Stiff.[/b]

· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[b] I play my drivers at 45". Titleist 915 D2 and Ping G30.[/b]

[b]I would install shafts professionally, insuring that the length, and swing weight are identical matches to my current setup. [/b]

[b]I would supply several hi resolution, outdoor photos.[/b]

[b]Before official testing, I would spend as much time as necessary to get acclimated to the shaft, and insure that I am consistently striking the ball in the center of club face, as I usually do.[/b]

[b]I am a fan of Mitsubishi shafts, and would report back on feel, consistency, launch, and who I feel the shaft would be perfect for.[/b]

Woods/Fairways:  Callaway with Mitsubishi shafts

Irons:  Srixon with Dynamic Gold shafts

Thanks Mitsubishi and GolfWrx

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? [b]9.5* R15 Fujikura Pro 73x 45" GPND, 14* TS SLDR Speeder vc 7.2x 43.5" GPND, 19* SLDR Speeder tour spec 8.3x 43" GPND, 3-6 TM TP RSi2 DGTIX100, 7-PW TM TP Tour Preferred MB GBTIX100, TM xFt 52* & 56* DGTIS400, Scotty Cameron Newport 2 #3.5"[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [b]Scratch. SS-110[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Flemington, NJ, USA[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[b] 9.5 TM R15 TP[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]YES! [/b][/color][b]'ll take high res pics! Along with my review and will compare it with my current gaming shaft![/b]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]70X[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]None[/b][/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[b] I would compare it on the range first with my gamer and then take the bad boy out on the course for the real test, if successful out on tournaments. [/b][/color]

Thanks again.

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

[b]What’s in your current bag?[/b]
Ping G30 9* lst 44.75" OBAN Devotion 7 XX
[b]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/b]
3.1 handicap, 123+
[b]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?[/b]
Payson, Arizona, US
[b]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[/b]
Ping G30 lst 9*
[b]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.[/b]
Yes, I have a 40 mega pixel hi-res camera as well as HD video
[b]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/b]
70g TX flex
[b]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/b]
Ping G30 adapter
[b]· Please[/b] [b]explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi[/b].
I would begin with Indoor simulator testing. I would compile some data that would describe the performance characteristics, launch and spin of the TINI Black shaft vs. both the stock ping g30 tour shaft and my current setup, the Oban devotion 7.
Next, I would move to range testing the shaft or the "eye test". I would be looking to describe the flight characteristics of the shaft. This is also where I would get a feel for TINI black, noting feel, flight, and performance on different swings one would use on course.
Last I would test the TINI black on-course keeping both a statistical analysis of my results as well as noting empirical observations of performance during real on-course play. I would track fairway's hit, direction of miss, distance from tee, ect. to later be compared with my current setup. If the shaft out-performs my current set up, I will leave it in the bag for good. Thanks

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag?[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/color]

[color=#282828]1. Bridgestone J40 9.5 loft. Go back and forth between a UST Earth Elements and UST Axiv Core Green both in X flex[/color]
[color=#282828]2. USGA [/color][color=#333333][size=4]Handicap Number: [/size][/color][color=#333333][size=4][b]3829122 (+1)[/b][/size][/color][color=#333333][size=4][b] [/b][/size][/color][color=#282828] Swing Speed last Trackman session was 115[/color]
[color=#282828]3. Atlanta, GA United States[/color]
[color=#282828]4. Bridgestone J40 9.5 [/color]
[color=#282828]5. I have no problem participating in a thread with documented pictures of my results between shafts in comparison.[/color]
[color=#282828]6. 65 Gram Shaft, X Flex[/color]
[color=#282828]7. I can tip the shaft myself, based on the CPM's I get uncut to get something similar to my UST shafts[/color]
[color=#282828]8. Approach is very simple.[/color]
[color=#282828]Launch monitors are great and I have access to a Trackman that is roughly 5 miles from my house at the range I am a member of. ( [/color]http://www.georgiagolfcenter.com/)
[color=#282828]First will be a testing of the Bridgestone with my current UST Earth Elements. 5 balls for each.... (a) stock shot (b) draw © fade (d)High Ball (e) low (f) Murder ball[/color]
[color=#282828]This will be performed one weekend and then the next weekend.(2 times at the range)[/color]
[color=#282828]Then play two rounds at a course where I hit driver at least 11 times a round. Collect yardages and stats(fairways hit, avg distance from center, distance from edge of fairway) throwing out the obvious bad swings.[/color]

I have a second Bridgestone head with a measured loft of only a quarter degree difference, and only .5 grams of weight difference. I will shaft the Kuro Kage into it and provide same day testing.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

[color=#282828]· TaylorMade Jetspeed TP, 9.5 degrees w/Mitsubishi Fubuki Tour 63 g, X Flex (Tipped 1")[/color]
[color=#282828]· 3 Handicap. Driver Swing Speed is 115 mph.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Located currently in Allendale, MI in the USA.[/color]
[color=#282828]· This shaft will be going in a TaylorMade/Jetspeed/9.5 degrees[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, I am willing to do whatever it takes to give GolfWRX and Mitsubishi the most reliable feedback they need.[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex would be 60 grams in an X Flex[/color]
[color=#282828]· I would need a TaylorMade OEM adapter on the end, along with the shaft tipped 1/2" as well. That would be ideal.[/color]
[color=#282828]· I would put the shaft in my driver initially, go to the range and do a side by side to my gamer. Next, I would play a few rounds on the course and see how the club performs and see if the shaft suits me better than my gamer. I am also willing to answer any questions any WRXers would bring my way, any photos I am willing to take. I will do whatever it takes in order to give GolfWRX and the company the most reliable feedback they need.[/color]

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

[color=#282828]· What’s in your current bag? --> Callaway XR 10.5* (-1) w/ Xphlexxx Agera[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? --? 6; 107-109mph[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? --> Huntley, IL USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? --> Callaway XR 10.5, set to 9.5[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. --> Of course[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? --> 70g range stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). --> tipped 1" if stiff, can also do an X straight in[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. --> Would do testing with my own ES 14 launch monitor, or go somewhere that has one that's better. Can also test side by side with a great, yet relatively unknown shaft made by Veylix. Hitting balls side by side would be the best way to go about it.[/color]

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag?[/color][list]
[*]Titleist 913D3 Driver 9.5' - 72X D+
[*]TM RBZ Tour 3 Wood 14.5'- 80S Kai'li
[*]Titleist 913 5 Wood 19' - 80S S+
[*]Adams Idea Pro A12 23'
[*]Mizuno JPX 800 Pro - 5-GW - S300
[*]Callaway MD2 54 and 58
[/list]
[color=#282828]What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/color][list]
[*][color=#282828]11 HC with approximately 101-104 Swing Speed[/color]
[/list]
[color=#282828]Where are you located (City, State, Country)?[/color][list]
[*][color=#282828]Washington DC[/color]
[/list]
[color=#282828]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[/color][list]
[*]Titleist 913 D3
[/list]
[color=#282828]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.[/color][list]
[*][color=#282828]Yes - I will provide photos and videos of the various stages of testing the shaft including at the range, on course, and when received. [/color]
[/list]
[color=#282828]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?[/color][list]
[*]60 Gram S Flex to play at 44.5"
[/list]
[color=#282828]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/color][list]
[*][color=#282828]Titleist adaptor[/color]
[/list]
[color=#282828]Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/color][list]
[*]Testing approach would be to provide detail review of the shaft with results on course, at the range, and using a launch monitor (indoor). Would comment on feel, looks, and performance of the club at various stages of the testing.
[/list]

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

What’s in your current bag?
Driver: G30 LST 9* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana S+ 72 X-Flex
3wd - Xhot Pro 3Deep 14.5* - Project X Red 6.5
Hyb - 910 19* - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 90
Irons - 4-PW AP2 714 Project X 6.5
Wedges - Taylormade Tour Preferred EF 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter - Ping TrueRoll Scottsdale

· What is your current handicap? 3.3

Driver Swing Speed? 118 MPH

· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
Thornton Colorado! USA

· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Ping G30 LST

· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? Yes!

We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? Weight - 72 gram, X-Flex
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). No Tipping needed, Ping G30 Adapter required

My testing would be related to playability and performance. I am always looking for more an more stable shafts for my driver. In the past that meant going with Stiffer and stiffer flexes, at one point playing a Tour XX from Grafalloy to reduce dispersion. The latest generations of Diamana shafts have been a godsend from MRC[size="3"][color="#111111"]. Part of my testing will occur at Charity Tournaments where they Donate to have me hit a BOMB and raise money. Here again the focus is on not only distance but dispersion, which in my opinion is the key to finding a shaft. [/color][/size]

[color=#282828]What’s in your current bag?[/color]
[color=#282828]· What is your current handicap? 7[/color]
[color=#282828]Driver Swing Speed? 107[/color]
[color=#282828]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Manhattan Beach, California, USA[/color]
[color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Nike Vapor Speed 9.5 degrees[/color]
[color=#282828]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. yes[/color]
[color=#282828]· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 60 stiff[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Nike flexloft 2.0[/color]
[color=#282828]· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. Testing on trackman against diamana blueboard 60, kuro kage silver tini 70. course play, range work.[/color]

[color=#282828][b]What’s in your current bag?[/b] Nike Vapor Pro 8.5* N Diamana D+ 70X tipped 1 inch playing 45 inches[/color]
[color=#282828][b]· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed?[/b] 8 UK official but only played one counting comp in 5 years and won that comfortably. Driver swing speed 118+mph.[/color]
[color=#282828][b]· Where are you located (City, State, Country)?[/b] Aberdeen, Scotland[/color]
[b][color=#282828]· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [/color][/b][color=#282828]Nike Vapor Pro[/color]
[color=#282828][b]· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? [/b] We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Certainly would do a comprehensive review.[/color]
[color=#282828]· [b]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [/b]70 gram region, X or TX[/color]
[color="#282828"][b]· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).[/b] half inch for the nike flex loft 2 adapter.[/color]
[color="#282828"]· [b]Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi.[/b] I play on best links course here in Scotland . Royal Aberdeen so my on course reviews would be from far different conditions than the usual American courses. I would compare the Kuro Kage to my current offering of shafts that i own, both on course and at the driving range. I would use both real world numbers to feel and video evidence on how the shafts performs for me compared to there shafts that have suited me in the past.[/color]

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

· What’s in your current bag? [color=#ff0000]G30LST with Oban Kiyoshi White X-Flex[/color]
· What is your current handicap? Driver Swing Speed? [color=#ff0000]6.4, swing speed 107-110[/color]
· Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [color=#ff0000]New York, NY, USA[/color]
· What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [color=#ff0000]Ping G30LST 9.5 Deg[/color]
· If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [color=#ff0000]Ready, willing and able[/color]
· Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [color=#ff0000]65 Grams, X-Flex[/color]
· Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [color=#ff0000]Ping G30 adapter[/color]
· Please explain how you would approach testing the KURO KAGE™ Black TiNi. [color=#ff0000]Simple, I will put it head to head with my Oban Kyoshi White[/color]. [color=#ff0000]I will take it to the range, take it on course and evaluate how it performs against my current set up. I will also test with the stock Ping tour shaft. I would love the opportunity to give it a shot and appreciate the consideration!![/color]

G400 LST -Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
G25 3W - Ping tour X-Flex
G30 5W - Ping Tour X
MP 5 - TI X100
Vokey 50/54/58
DJ Spider Ltd

1. G30 LST with Graphite Design P9003x tipped 1.25". Also have a Kuro Kage ProtoTini 70xx in my i25 3 wood tipped 1.5".

2. +2, driver swing speed is 128 mph

3. Harrison Twp, MI USA

4. Ping G30 LST 10*

5. yes absolutely, pictures and reviews are my favorite

6. 70 or 80 tx depending on length

7. Tipped 1" with LH Ping G30 adapter

8. Testing would be done on course, on range and on Trackman compared directly to my P9003x for playability, feel, dispersion, flight and spin.

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx