Bradley Hughes- Right Arm and Pivot

[quote name='Hawkeye77' timestamp='1447043778' post='12572956']
[quote name='Bodegabombadier' timestamp='1447042610' post='12572916']
So Brad Hughes, Robert Allenby & Chris Peterich walk into a bar........

Someone write the next line of this joke, it's going to be a whopper!!
[/quote]

Hughes will have a good time, seems like a guy you could have a beer with.

Allenby will catch a Comeaux right hand slap from Peterich and claim he was beaten and kidnapped.

Peterich will get tossed for not being able to pick just one i.d. to show the bartender.
[/quote]
Hughes and Allenby tie one off and after Allenby asks Hughes for "party favors" this guy takes them out to the barn and curses them to the high heavens......all on video!
[attachment=3025080:image.jpg]

As far as I understand Bradley Hughes and his videos about acceleration, he said that it is an intention to accelerate past impact.
Most people would accelerate too early in the downswing and lose lag. That is a proper observation and according to physics a proper understanding.
As long as someone accelerates the club it stays behind.

Therefore Bradleys idea/intention is correct, because the club stays longer behind the hands. There is one vid where he shows this idea. Lets say for example that poor players accelerate fast from the top and release the club earlier than advanced players that accelerate later. As soon as the lag angle opens that slows the hands and arms down according to TPI data. So Bradley is teaching sound mechanics. I have neither done his drills nor took lesson. Only watched his vids.

Edit:
Here is one example where he states at 0.45 sec that it is an intent to accelerate past impact
[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESt1OZehf9A[/media]

[quote name='PutterKilledTheDream' timestamp='1447051420' post='12573168']
[quote name='Hawkeye77' timestamp='1447043778' post='12572956']
[quote name='Bodegabombadier' timestamp='1447042610' post='12572916']
So Brad Hughes, Robert Allenby & Chris Peterich walk into a bar........

Someone write the next line of this joke, it's going to be a whopper!!
[/quote]

Hughes will have a good time, seems like a guy you could have a beer with.

Allenby will catch a Comeaux right hand slap from Peterich and claim he was beaten and kidnapped.

Peterich will get tossed for not being able to pick just one i.d. to show the bartender.
[/quote]
Hughes and Allenby tie one off and after Allenby asks Hughes for "party favors" this guy takes them out to the barn and curses them to the high heavens......all on video!
[attachment=3025080:image.jpg]
[/quote]
Tonight........ On America's Most Wanted......... You can help catch this Internet Schizophrenic.........
They say he's used over a thousand aliases on no less than fifty golf forums and Tiny Toons subreddits

[quote name='Fort Worth Pro' timestamp='1447074962' post='12573528']
Those videos don't answer the question. Brad, do you believe the body accelerates late and that the club accelerates past impact?
[/quote]

I'd be very interested in Brad's answer as well. It seems like a simple question to me IMO. It could either be an intention or Brad thinks the club accelerates past impact. Which is it?

[color=#282828]As far as I understand Bradley Hughes and his videos about acceleration, he said that it is an intention to accelerate past impact.[/color]
[color=#282828]Most people would accelerate too early in the downswing and lose lag. That is a proper observation and according to physics a proper understanding.[/color]
[color=#282828]As long as someone accelerates the club it stays behind.[/color]

[color=#282828]Therefore Bradleys idea/intention is correct, because the club stays longer behind the hands. There is one vid where he shows this idea. Lets say for example that poor players accelerate fast from the top and release the club earlier than advanced players that accelerate later. As soon as the lag angle opens that slows the hands and arms down according to TPI data. So Bradley is teaching sound mechanics.[/color]

[color=#282828]Golf Nerd[/color]
the DS takes 2/10 second.

As per TPI, the kinematic sequence shows that the acceleration begins at top of DS, and by about P5, the torso decelerates
then arms then hands, at about 1/100 second before impact.

It is the deceleration, proximal to distal prior to impact, that accelerates the clubhead at impact.

The reaction time of the greatest athletes in the world, is about 2/10 second. Once the DS is set in motion
no one can control, or change what happens. What we feel in DS, is from the past, including acceleration.

[quote name='bph7' timestamp='1447085294' post='12574136']
Those videos don't answer the question. Brad, do you believe the body accelerates late and that the club accelerates past impact?
[/quote]

I'd be very interested in Brad's answer as well. It seems like a simple question to me IMO. It could either be an intention or Brad thinks the club accelerates past impact. Which is it?
[/quote]

Huh? Didn't you guys actually watch the videos? He states it's a freakin intention....

I mean this isn't rocket science or anything....

Talk about beating a dead horse....

I go away for a few months and it's the same ole sh....

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

[quote name='Atrayn' timestamp='1447089128' post='12574438']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Huh? Didn't you guys actually watch the videos? He states it's a freakin intention....

[/quote]

It's an important distinction. He says the intention to accelerate it at waist high in the follow through. That leaves plenty of room where he believes it can be speeding up past impact. Not to mention where does he believe the pivot begins to accelerate is nowhere in those two videos. Abs to my understanding has made some interesting claims and I would like to hear brad's understanding of it. Not asking too much or beating a dead horse.

[quote name='mikah' timestamp='1447087363' post='12574312']
[color=#282828]As far as I understand Bradley Hughes and his videos about acceleration, he said that it is an intention to accelerate past impact.[/color]
[color=#282828]Most people would accelerate too early in the downswing and lose lag. That is a proper observation and according to physics a proper understanding.[/color]
[color=#282828]As long as someone accelerates the club it stays behind.[/color]

[color=#282828]Therefore Bradleys idea/intention is correct, because the club stays longer behind the hands. There is one vid where he shows this idea. Lets say for example that poor players accelerate fast from the top and release the club earlier than advanced players that accelerate later. As soon as the lag angle opens that slows the hands and arms down according to TPI data. So Bradley is teaching sound mechanics.[/color]

[color=#282828]Golf Nerd[/color]
the DS takes 2/10 second.

As per TPI, the kinematic sequence shows that the acceleration begins at top of DS, and by about P5, the torso decelerates
then arms then hands, at about 1/100 second before impact.

It is the deceleration, proximal to distal prior to impact, that accelerates the clubhead at impact.

The reaction time of the greatest athletes in the world, is about 2/10 second. Once the DS is set in motion
no one can control, or change what happens. What we feel in DS, is from the past, including acceleration.
[/quote]

Where in this video or any of Bradley's other videos does he say the INTENT of accelerating the club past impact happens after the downswing has started ?

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

[quote name='Atrayn' timestamp='1447089128' post='12574438']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well there was a long thread on sitd a couple years back where Erickson looked like an absolute clown refusing to directly answer the question. He basically kept hedging enough to say it was possible that the club head accelerates after impact. Given Bradley's association with ABS, it's a fair question.

You sound quite defensive and I'm not sure why...

1173a_kinematicV5.jpg

The club head speed in there at impact is 115 mph and the speed graph is sloping upward meaning it is still accelerating near impact. Without the ball, one can surmise that the club head would keep accelerating to velocity peak some where beyond the impact position.

The slow down of the lead shoulder is due to the greater load it is bearing and does not imply the related muscles are not firing hard.

Me thinks?

An important distinction for who? I'm not defensive at all. Just stating the glaringly obvious.

If you are an ex-flipper with a pivot stall like Bradley was taught. Or anyone for that matter, having the intent of accelerating the pivot with connected arms results in an intended acceleration of the club head.
I could give a hoot what the data shows once the ball or ground is contacted. The result is exactly what Bradley states and what JE advocates. .

It's the same old tired story.....I'd get tired of people asking the question as well.

Here's what I would do if I were you. Either purchase the ABS plan. (the 1st three modules are cheaper than a new driver) Or go to Bradley and get online instruction so you can make educated decisions about what he is trying to get across and then comment. This back and forth is doing no one any favors.

I also think calling Erickson, "an absolute clown" is petty and totally disrespectful. You may not like or advocate ABS, or JE himself, but stating this is childish.

The graph in the linked pdf shows a near perfect example of the acceleration profile of the clubhead. I think it is not too far fetched to assume that an amateur (increasingly from low to higher hcpers) will have a profile where the acceleration goes into the negatives before impact. It must be therefore important to fight that, thus, the intent to keep accelerating. I cannot see anything wrong with that.

[quote name='QB74' timestamp='1447095681' post='12574918']
The graph in the linked pdf shows a near perfect example of the acceleration profile of the clubhead. I think it is not too far fetched to assume that an amateur (increasingly from low to higher hcpers) will have a profile where the acceleration goes into the negatives before impact. It must be therefore important to fight that, thus, the intent to keep accelerating. I cannot see anything wrong with that.
[/quote]

[quote name='Hawkeye77' timestamp='1447095775' post='12574930']
It does seem like a simple question Brad could answer. Other folks' understanding or misunderstanding what they think he says isn't helpful to the specific question.

Plenty of that on SITD.
[/quote]

So is the problem the fact that he didn't answer that specifically and the video isn't enough? I'd say the same thing. Look at the video.
I've sat back and watched this debate for years. Is it jealousy? Is it internet jockeys trying to point out an error in something a good instructor says and saying "gotcha"?
Everyone gets their panties in a bunch because JE charges for his stuff. So what? Super-slotting? He never said this is how everyone should swing or even try to emulate....
It's just something he discovered on his journey and finally figured out how to teach someone if they were interested. It's not the "Holy Grail"...

Give it a rest already. Bradley and JE have great stuff. If 3/4 of the people on here actually read the volumes that both these guys put out, you'd be able to tell fairly quickly it's much like a lot of other stuff out there available to the general public if, in fact you took the time to read and watch everything. It's just stated in a different way.

[quote name='Roll Tide 885' timestamp='1447094342' post='12574838']
Isn't the speed of a bat's barrel going faster after the strike of the baseball, sure it is.
[/quote]

the bat is decelerating after the impact with the ball. Just as the clubhead has decelerated after impact with the golf ball.

[b]Newtons Third law[/b]:When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.

[quote name='Atrayn' timestamp='1447100141' post='12575202']
[/quote]

It does seem like a simple question Brad could answer. Other folks' understanding or misunderstanding what they think he says isn't helpful to the specific question.

Plenty of that on SITD.
[/quote]

So is the problem the fact that he didn't answer that specifically and the video isn't enough? I'd say the same thing. Look at the video.
I've sat back and watched this debate for years. Is it jealousy? Is it internet jockeys trying to point out an error in something a good instructor says and saying "gotcha"?
Everyone gets their panties in a bunch because JE charges for his stuff. So what? Super-slotting? He never said this is how everyone should swing or even try to emulate....
It's just something he discovered on his journey and finally figured out how to teach someone if they were interested. It's not the "Holy Grail"...

Give it a rest already. Bradley and JE have great stuff. If 3/4 of the people on here actually read the volumes that both these guys put out, you'd be able to tell fairly quickly it's much like a lot of other stuff out there available to the general public if, in fact you took the time to read and watch everything. It's just stated in a different way.
[/quote]

Agree to an extent, but if Brad wants to post videos as an instructor on the site and possibly attract new students, he had better be ready for questions on the video.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

[quote name='Atrayn' timestamp='1447095444' post='12574896']
An important distinction for who? I'm not defensive at all. Just stating the glaringly obvious.

If you are an ex-flipper with a pivot stall like Bradley was taught. Or anyone for that matter, having the intent of accelerating the pivot with connected arms results in an intended acceleration of the club head.
I could give a hoot what the data shows once the ball or ground is contacted. The result is exactly what Bradley states and what JE advocates. .

It's the same old tired story.....I'd get tired of people asking the question as well.

Here's what I would do if I were you. Either purchase the ABS plan. (the 1st three modules are cheaper than a new driver) Or go to Bradley and get online instruction so you can make educated decisions about what he is trying to get across and then comment. This back and forth is doing no one any favors.

I also think calling Erickson, "an absolute clown" is petty and totally disrespectful. You may not like or advocate ABS, or JE himself, but stating this is childish.
[/quote]

Erickson's behavior on the thread in question speaks for itself, it's not disrespectful to tell the truth. I bet you 90% of people who read that thread would agree with my characterization. I don't care about abs generally, I want to know Bradley's answer to FWP's question. Please stay on topic thanks.

[/quote]

Plenty of that on SITD.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Not at all, its nothing like anything outside of TGM circles

[quote name='mikah' timestamp='1447100300' post='12575216']
[quote name='Roll Tide 885' timestamp='1447094342' post='12574838']
Isn't the speed of a bat's barrel going faster after the strike of the baseball, sure it is.
[/quote]

the bat is decelerating after the impact with the ball. Just as the clubhead has decelerated after impact with the golf ball.

[b]Newtons Third law[/b]:When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.
[/quote]

I don't believe the barrel is slowing while the wrists are unloading by turning over on center chest axis. If the ball is hit in front of the plate the wrists need to be still loaded to a large degree while crossing the plate to hold the bat inward toward the center of rotation. The full wrist release of the bat after the strike adds to the speed of the arc moment.

This is a great opportunity for Monte to step into the discussion and lay words down about where the bat speed is greatest. Surely the son of a ball player would know this.

Give it a rest already. Bradley and JE have great stuff. [b]If 3/4 of the people on here actually read the volumes that both these guys put out, you'd be able to tell fairly quickly it's much like a lot of other stuff out there available to the general public if, in fact you took the time to read and watch everything. It's just stated in a different way.[/b]
[/quote]

Ah, so you are asking us to pay for a pile of warmed over c...

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead