2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bradley Hughes- Right Arm and Pivot

[quote name='bhughesgolf' timestamp='1447112411' post='12576168']
Ahaha Mikah- but is it BS? Remember I am not the only one who has stated it.
I have already given examples of Norman, Player, Venturi, Hogan, Knudson, Sarazen, & Nicklaus talking about its importance- better to live by the physics than to know the answers to the physics.
Just do it- !!! its a sound motto- not just for Nike
[/quote]

the world was once flat also

[attachment=3026292:image.jpg]

[quote name='Roll Tide 885' timestamp='1447122712' post='12576998']
...the cue will slow due to the ball's inertia but if the acceleration is maintained...
[/quote]
Uh... ya know... if the cue slows down, that means the acceleration is [i]not[/i] maintained... in fact, I tink dem pH.D fellers would call that [i]deceleration[/i]

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

ad-label.gif

Coat jones, that dude didn't know squat about the golf swing. I doubt he even owned a set of clubs.

http://www.secretint...d-leakage#97233

This is poetic and tragic all at the same time, five years this old man has been trolling me...

Bodacious Bodega,

All I can say is: "I must be in the front row".

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='CrabDaddy' timestamp='1447126433' post='12577280']
...the cue will slow due to the ball's inertia but if the acceleration is maintained...
[/quote]
Uh... ya know... if the cue slows down, that means the acceleration is [i]not[/i] maintained... in fact, I tink dem pH.D fellers would call that [i]deceleration[/i]
[/quote]

Fine, next time you break a rack I want you to stop the stick the moment it makes contact with the cue ball and if you do I will kindly take your cash every time. The stick slows very little like I said because of the ball's inertia, but the ball does not stay in contact with the tip forever as you know. Once the ball leaves, as long as the lever arm has maintained, and is still accelerating, so is the stick, that's why ball position relative to lever length is vital in billiards.

[quote name='Roll Tide 885' timestamp='1447127998' post='12577404']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Fine, next time you break a rack I want you to stop the stick the moment it makes contact with the cue ball and if you do I will kindly take your cash every time. The stick slows very little like I said because of the ball's inertia, but the ball does not stay in contact with the tip forever as you know. Once the ball leaves, as long as the lever arm has maintained, and is still accelerating, so is the stick, that's why ball position relative to lever length is vital in billiards.
[/quote]

deceleration doesnt mean the cue or golf club head stops. They continue forward, but not accelerating, as they did prior to impact... due to Newtons Law.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:21 PM

ad-label.gif

Coat jones, that dude didn't know squat about the golf swing. I doubt he even owned a set of clubs.

http://www.secretint...d-leakage#97233

This is poetic and tragic all at the same time, five years this old man has been trolling me...

Bodacious Bodega,

All I can say is: "I must be in the front row".

Word ta ya mutha..

[quote name='Roll Tide 885' timestamp='1447127998' post='12577404']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Fine, next time you break a rack I want you to stop the stick the moment it makes contact with the cue ball and if you do I will kindly take your cash every time. [b]The stick slows very little[/b] like I said because of the ball's inertia, but the ball does not stay in contact with the tip forever as you know. Once the ball leaves, as long as the lever arm has maintained, and is still accelerating, so is the stick, that's why ball position relative to lever length is vital in billiards.
[/quote]
The question is not "does it stop?", the question is "does it accelerate through, and past, impact?"... and the answer is 'No'.
If the argument were framed as an intention, this could be a much more productive discussion. It's frustrating because I agree with Atrayn that the question feels like a "Gotcha", but saying, "Hogan and Norman said so" implies agreement with the pretense and doesn't counter or disprove actual measurements.

... and what EJ just said.

[quote name='Bodegabombadier' timestamp='1447129529' post='12577514']The Billiard Ball Boy is CP, who is also the OP under another alias handle, and none of this has anything to do with BH or a golf swing... O Big Brother our Patron Saint GolfWRX mod, doth ye not seeith the problemith?[/quote]You know,you are pretty fishy yourself.Your first post ever was in this thread and now you are speaking with some kind of authority about who is trolling,etc.....hmmmm

[quote name='Grayback1973' timestamp='1447130013' post='12577558']
[quote name='Bodegabombadier' timestamp='1447129529' post='12577514']The Billiard Ball Boy is CP, who is also the OP under another alias handle, and none of this has anything to do with BH or a golf swing... O Big Brother our Patron Saint GolfWRX mod, doth ye not seeith the problemith?[/quote]You know,you are pretty fishy yourself.Your first post ever was in this thread and now you are speaking with some kind of authority about who is trolling,etc.....hmmmm
[/quote]
Not my first time at the rodeo sir. I'm Alec, nice to meet you and if you take a look here:
http://www.advancedballstriking.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=98
If you can see it scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a thread with just over 23,000 views instead of about 50 for the rest. When that disappears my friend Brad can do whatever and I could care less. Actually I really don't want him to take it down because it's too much fun watching him just be him.

[quote name='Bodegabombadier' timestamp='1447130734' post='12577602'][quote name='Grayback1973' timestamp='1447130013' post='12577558']
[/quote]
Not my first time at the rodeo sir. I'm Alec, nice to meet you and if you take a look here:
http://www.advancedballstriking.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=98
If you can see it scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a thread with just over 23,000 views instead of about 50 for the rest. When that disappears my friend Brad can do whatever and I could care less. Actually I really don't want him to take it down because it's too much fun watching him just be him.[/quote]Alec Katzman?The Pros from Dover?I remember you at SITD.I actually liked a lot of the things you posted there,but you could be a little harsh at times.I know,pot calling the kettle.....

I guess you need access to see it, it's Brad's Vault mainpage. I was a big contributor to ABS until a few things happened and we went our separate ways. When the two of them reneged last minute on a business deal with one of my friends and another contributor I was furious and asked John and Brad to delete everything I had on their website, that's to my mind professional courtesy and just going our own ways.. Especially with two guys for whom decorum and courtesy would seem to be so important but no dice. John offered to bribe me with referrals and a "Can't we all just get along" series of emails but I just wanted my material and association with both of them removed. They refused and still do the way I figure if there's no courtesy and no honor amongst thieves then it's Open Season.

And there's not much I enjoy more than a good vendetta and scorched earth policy. And with these clowns it's fish in ye olde barrel. It's quite petty but endless entertainment.

[quote name='Bodegabombadier' timestamp='1447134018' post='12577784']I guess you need access to see it, it's Brad's Vault mainpage. I was a big contributor to ABS until a few things happened and we went our separate ways. When the two of them reneged last minute on a business deal with one of my friends and another contributor I was furious and asked John and Brad to delete everything I had on their website, that's to my mind professional courtesy and just going our own ways.. Especially with two guys for whom decorum and courtesy would seem to be so important but no dice. John offered to bribe me with referrals and a "Can't we all just get along" series of emails but I just wanted my material and association with both of them removed. They refused and still do the way I figure if there's no courtesy and no honor amongst thieves then it's Open Season.

And there's not much I enjoy more than a good vendetta and scorched earth policy. And with these clowns it's fish in ye olde barrel. It's quite petty but endless entertainment.[/quote]So why do you figure they didn't delete your postings?And yes,I do remember you going back and forth with BH on his thread about this.

[quote name='mikah' timestamp='1447113119' post='12576222']
Only the ball accelerates after impact... FACT

Acceleration is important/deceleration equally important. After the ball is gone, it is meaningless.

Living by the INTENTION is different than living by the physics. We know the physics.

What we dont know is, if you, acknowledge the physics. Like it or not, it speaks to your credibility, Bradley.
[/quote]

You don't get it mikah.
Bradley has stated in his vidoes that it is an intent to accelerate after impact. It is more a feel and not what happens. Why is anybody so ignorant?
You seem not to understand timing physics in the golf swing. Bradley says that early acceleration leads to early release. This is a fact. Ask a physicist about what happens in a rotating two lever system when the acceleration is over at P5 or over at P6 and what the difference is at impact. Ask also what force acts on the upper lever as the lower lever is going move forward to a straight alignment with the upper lever. He will tell you that the upper lever will slow down.

What Bradley is describing is to power the upper lever against this force (deceleration of upper lever = left arm). This is a very good idea, because if you stop to do that and slow down the arms, the lower lever (club) will release early. Do a chip or pitch shot and slow down to impact and you will see what happens.

The conclusion is that a golfer needs to have the intent to accelerate thru impact and not to slow down before impact. As the release of the club slows down the arms, the golfer has to resist this force thru rotation and right arm push thru impact. This has noting to do with acceleration but is fighting deceleration before impact. This is what Bradley and all great players have experienced without a degree in physics. It's pure experience and their success is the prove! ;)

Is this practice piece something you learned growing up in Australia maybe working with Greg Norman or has it been around for a long time, even before your time? Good hits on it too. Is this something to do maybe weekly just to keep tuned up?

[media=]

[/media]

This is another piece in the Golf swing people have a hard time to grasp. Right arm clockwise rotation in the backswing. In modern Golf teaching forearm rotation is taught differently. In fact most teachers have told me that it is bad idea and very inconstant to rotate the forearms in the swing.

However, if you don't rotate the forearms you will never get the club on a shallow angle in the downswing- especially if your posture is bend over a lot. Like Bradley showed in his videos the maximum range of motion in the whole right arm (upper arm and forearm) is around 100 degrees to the right (clockwise rotation) which is the almost the amount (in fact around 90 degrees is needed) you need to get the club shaft and arms on a matching inclined plane. Without clockwise forearm rotation the club will always be steeper than it should be. Therefore to tell someone not to rotate the forearms in the Golf swing is bad advice. I have struggled for a decade because of that false teaching.

Why Moe Norman was so obsessed with this exaggerated feeling? He wanted to stay in clockwise rotation (flat shaft in downswing) as usually the shaft steepens coming down. Actually he was fighting this steepening force with that feel.

mie4dche.gif

Is this practice piece something you learned growing up in Australia maybe working with Greg Norman or has it been around for a long time, even before your time? Good hits on it too. Is this something to do maybe weekly just to keep tuned up?

[media=]

[/media]

This is another piece in the Golf swing people have a hard time to grasp. Right arm clockwise rotation in the backswing. In modern Golf teaching forearm rotation is taught differently. In fact most teachers have told me that it is bad idea and very inconstant to rotate the forearms in the swing.

However, if you don't rotate the forearms you will never get the club on a shallow angle in the downswing- especially if your posture is bend over a lot. Like Bradley showed in his videos the maximum range of motion in the whole right arm (upper arm and forearm) is around 100 degrees to the right (clockwise rotation) which is the almost the amount (in fact around 90 degrees is needed) you need to get the club shaft and arms on a matching inclined plane. Without clockwise forearm rotation the club will always be steeper than it should be. Therefore to tell someone not to rotate the forearms in the Golf swing is bad advice. I have struggled for a decade because of that false teaching.

Why Moe Norman was so obsessed with this exaggerated feeling? He wanted to stay in clockwise rotation (flat shaft in downswing) as usually the shaft steepens coming down. Actually he was fighting this steepening force with that feel.

mie4dche.gif

You need to read the vertical swing plane thread. Your post is filled with generalizations and false statements.