Nike Lunar Control 4: The Official Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really happy with mine, they don't look like the picture when I designed them. They also fit a 1/2 size big. These may be for sale...

It doesn't make any sense though. The only option for the midsole is Wolf Grey, which is the lighter Grey. It looks like your base should have been Wolf Grey as well which should match the midsole, but they are completely different. Since the swoosh is the darker, Cool Grey, your actual shoes have 3 shades of grey when they only offer 2.

Please let us know what happens as I was going to go with the same base/midsole, but not if it comes out like that...

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

Glad to hear Golfposer worked out well, their service has always been excellent for me and as keen golfers they get how fanatical the rest of us can be about this stuff. Nothing to do with Nike but check out the Puma Tricks shoes they have listed, I'll wait for the Nike Volt equivalent but they are certainly eye catching ...

Not really happy with mine, they don't look like the picture when I designed them. They also fit a 1/2 size big. These may be for sale...

It doesn't make any sense though. The only option for the midsole is Wolf Grey, which is the lighter Grey. It looks like your base should have been Wolf Grey as well which should match the midsole, but they are completely different. Since the swoosh is the darker, Cool Grey, your actual shoes have 3 shades of grey when they only offer 2.

Please let us know what happens as I was going to go with the same base/midsole, but not if it comes out like that...

My base was wolf gray and midsole/swoosh cool gray. The midsole is a different material and the gray almost appears metallic. I agree, although they are the same color (midsole/swoosh) they don't look anything alike. The wolf gray is much lighter in person than depicted on the site. I actually like it, just wasn't aware. I have designed another pair in all wolf gray with the cool gray swoosh and laces and hope it comes out. FYI, I tried on several sizes of these at golf galaxy before I made my id pair. The id shoes are a bit larger, maybe even 1/2 size. I've seen that mentioned here before. i went down a 1/2 size with this new order.

Close to IDing some all white like posted earlier in this thread, but could live without IDing them

Does anyone know if any releases later this summer or NikeID with a more traditional swoosh option? Kinda like how Rory had toe swoosh LC3s last year

Bump - Anyone?

Also, Anyone have a pic of ID silver metallic swoosh?

Bump anyone have a pic of the metallic silver swoosh?

PS - Couldn't agree more about the swoosh in person. It's not annoying on, but looks terrible in pictures

Not a great pic but here's some I got with the metallic swoosh

I believe these have cool gray for the base and the midsole, but they aren't alike either.

Had my first round today with the LC4 and couldn't be happier. Super comfy and good support. For me, I wear a size 9 and they fit true to size. These are my first spiked golf shoe (have always gone spikeless) and I chose these over the FJ DNA because I feel lower to the ground where as the FJs had me feeling slightly raised which I felt would affect my swing a little.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5* Riptide Regular
Wood: Adams Tight Lies 4w 16* Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Tight Lies 2 4h 22* Stiff
Irons: Sub70 699u 5i/6i, 699 7-PW
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* Tour Grind, Callaway MD2 58* Tour Grind
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Labs #10

Ok, so I said some bad things about these earlier, but I hadn't seen the white and black versions, these look great! For men and women.

819034_3.jpg

Found theme here, for those who were asking: https://www.golflandwarehouse.com/nike-lunar-control-4-women-s-golf-shoe.html

And for men: https://www.golflandwarehouse.com/nike-lunar-control-4-men-s-golf-shoe.html

Folks-- What's the consensus on sizing (lengthwise)? I measure to almost an 11.5 with my right foot, and 11 with my left. I've always had to get 12s in Nike sneakers/running shoes because I've found them to run small...

So what about the LC4s? Have you found them to be true to (your measured) size? Or, have you gone up or down in size with these? How do they compare size wise to you Nike sneakers?

Thanks!

Folks-- What's the consensus on sizing (lengthwise)? I measure to almost an 11.5 with my right foot, and 11 with my left. I've always had to get 12s in Nike sneakers/running shoes because I've found them to run small...

So what about the LC4s? Have you found them to be true to (your measured) size? Or, have you gone up or down in size with these? How do they compare size wise to you Nike sneakers?

Thanks!

Not sure if this will help, but:

I wear the LC4s 1/2-size down from my Nike sneakers, and a 1/2-up from Footjoy shoes.

Thanks!

Not sure if this will help, but:

I wear the LC4s 1/2-size down from my Nike sneakers, and a 1/2-up from Footjoy shoes.

Yes, that helps. Based on trying on the LC4s once, that's in keeping with what I've found.

Anyone else?

My 2 cents..... For me they fit true to size length wise to my Nike sneakers (13) but were tight fitting around the front of foot, seemed very narrow. I had to get the wide version in the LC4 and normally wear regular width. That being said they feel amazing on the course and think they look awesome, I like the toe swoosh!

My 2 cents..... For me they fit true to size length wise to my Nike sneakers (13) but were tight fitting around the front of foot, seemed very narrow. I had to get the wide version in the LC4 and normally wear regular width. That being said they feel amazing on the course and think they look awesome, I like the toe swoosh!

Do your feet measure to a 13?

Do your feet measure to a 13?

You know, i'm not sure how my feet actually measure, but I have worn 13 in about every shoe I have owned as long as I can remember!

Does anyone know if they are planning on releasing the new LC4 colors in Wide?

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

So what do you guys think is the age cut-off for these (if any)? I'm over 40, and I like these a lot. But I wonder if there's a perception out there that these are for a younger crowd.

I'm 29 and regularly play with guys in their 50's. If one of them showed up wearing these I wouldn't care one bit. To be honest, I'd probably be jealous that I they have a pair and I don't yet.

So what do you guys think is the age cut-off for these (if any)? I'm over 40, and I like these a lot. But I wonder if there's a perception out there that these are for a younger crowd.

Wouldn't think it would be an issue.. I'm 34 wouldn't think twice. Run in to trouble when you have the sleeve new polo glove hat etc.

How does the heel liner wear on the 4s? Have had bad luck with the fabric material inside some older Adidas (and have had great luck with leather or synthetic leather liners). Any heel rubbing issues? Any issues with wearing a hole in the material at the heel?

I'm on my second pair, first pair was returned for that exact issue - the heel on the right shoe was starting to wear through the fabric after 5-6 rounds. To be fair, those 5-6 rounds were in the span of 4 days in Florida when it was rainy and wet in late January. Also, my foot is too big for the 12's but still slips a touch in the 13's... 12.5 would have been perfect (Nike - please start making 12.5 on everything!). That may be contributing to it, too.

Titleist TSR3 : Ventus TR Blue 6X
Taylormade Stealth Plus : Ventus Velocore Blue 7X
Taylormade SIM2 Rescue - AD-IZ 85X
Taylormade P770 4-PW : MCA MMT 125X
Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : MCA MMT 125X
Swag Handsome One
Taylormade TP5

The white tongue issue is why I decided to ID a black pair. Black/black/silver. Went volt on the laces, but I have purple and photo blue laces waiting to be swapped in. Wore them to a short 3-par course yesterday and they felt fantastic. No worries about dirt either. I'm planning on a pair of Chukkas and then hopefully done with golf shoes for a little while. :)

JAcfIyL.jpg?1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

The white tongue issue is why I decided to ID a black pair. Black/black/silver. Went volt on the laces, but I have purple and photo blue laces waiting to be swapped in. Wore them to a short 3-par course yesterday and they felt fantastic. No worries about dirt either. I'm planning on a pair of Chukkas and then hopefully done with golf shoes for a little while. :)

JAcfIyL.jpg?1

Is that the silver or the grey swoosh?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1310218-joes-self-sponsored-nike-bag-2016/#entry13270786"]WITB:[/url]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Vapor Fly[/color] Driver[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VR Pro 3[/color] Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VR Pro 5 [/color][/size][size=2]Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]Vapor Fly 7 [/color][/size][size=2]Fairway[/size]
[size=2][color=#0000cd]Vapor Fly 4 [/color]Hybrid[/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]VRs [/color]5-9 Irons[/size]
[size=2]Engage 54, 60 Square[/size]
[color=#0000cd][size=2]Method Origin RORS B2-01[/size][/color]
[size=2][color=#0000ff]RZN[/color] White[/size]