2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

does not bode well...

tlhorsh

Well I've been hanging out here for awhile now, but last night something extraordinary happened. I've officially had my first dream about rummaging for old clubs. I was at some random junk store and there was a stash of old that i kept coming back to and with some digging I dug out a beat up old Hertz staff bag, yeah i don't know why Hertz??? And here is the good part it was Bubba's now we're talking like straight up 80's leather staff bag with Bubba Watson's name. All around and in the bag were vintage woods and irons, and i just couldn't make up my mind as to what i was going to buy...i would leave the store and come back to see if everything was still there....needless to say I woke up without buying anything...

I know kind of disapointing...

Anyway...Merry Christmas all...may all your gifts be mint...you all know what i mean...

Toby...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOLOLOLOLOL.....that's good one Toby. Should have turned over and went back to sleep. Maybe you would have found that ultra rare, dream set or the Bristol Sportsman Wizard 600 Geo Low putter. As long as your dreaming, might as well go big.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Not golf related, but I've had a recurring dream for years. Haven't had it lately though. I dream that I buy a cream colored 59 Cadillac Coupe deVille, with a two tone cloth interior. The car is in excellent condition.

Another dream I have occasionally, I'm within a few days away from being inducted back into the US Army. I am older and wonder how I will survive boot camp and worse. I actually think (in the dream) I reenlisted.

Then, I wake up and realize it was a dream.

Merry Christmas to All.

Talking dreams then eh?

I have dreamt about golf, but never hit a ball. I'll be on a tee or something and will be setting up to the shot and someone will start walking across the fairway, so will have to step away from it. Or I'll take the club back and a duckling will walk in front of the ball. Never get round to hitting the bloody thing. Or one it was a tournament and my opponent teed off and when I stood over the ball, the crowds had moved in leaving me about three feet of fairway to aim for. Weird.

I have been retired for nine years from a job I did for about 25 years. One of my responsibilities involved filing a huge number of tax returns by March 1st of each year.

About once a month I have this nightmare where it's February 20th or so and I haven't touched a thing. I haven't been working weekends or sixteen hour days, so nothing is even close to being ready.

I have actually jumped out of bed and gotten halfway to the shower before I realized it was just a dream.

Life spent inside a cubicle will rob you of your soul. Every time a young person asks me about such a career I encourage them to do ANYTHING else. I've been watching a lot of those competition shows on Food Network. Amazing how many chefs' stories involve leaving the corporate world for cooking. I play a lot of golf with a guy who had a similar experience to me and when he hits a bad shot he says "that's ok. It's still better than that cubicle."

Amen, brother. Amen.

"You think we play the same stuff you do?"

--Rory McIlroy 

All these posts are TOO FUNNY :rofl:
I actually had this dream one night. I was going through a paticular stressful time of my life I was attempting a comeback of sorts on the minis at age 48 after not playing any comp for 15 years. I among other things had another delimma going my beloved MP-33s were getting worn out. I dreamed my old man was there and told me as only he could "Why? are you worrying about those damn Japanese irons being almost worn out when you have 4 sets of perfectly good Macgregors in the closet one of which I gave you before I died?" Woke up in a sweat which I get that way when I dream of dead people. Seriously it is one of the warning signs of me having a nervous breakdown and I have had a couple in the past. I sold those 33s a week later and never looked back. Got over the delimma done ok on the golf and did not "go over to the dark side of the moon". True Story I Swear.
Merry Christmas to all
Footnote; I bet my old man rolled in his grave 3 times when he found out Jack Nicklaus is now playing Miura irons

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

[quote name='jonnygrouville' timestamp='1450393610' post='12733406']
Talking dreams then eh?

I have dreamt about golf, but never hit a ball. I'll be on a tee or something and will be setting up to the shot and someone will start walking across the fairway, so will have to step away from it. Or I'll take the club back and a duckling will walk in front of the ball. Never get round to hitting the bloody thing. Or one it was a tournament and my opponent teed off and when I stood over the ball, the crowds had moved in leaving me about three feet of fairway to aim for. Weird.
[/quote]

That sounds like my golf dreams. I never get to hit the ball. There's either a kitchen table suddenly in front of my ball, or I'm up against a wall and can't make a backswing, or my ball is teed way above my head and I can't get a club on it. Too many obstacles in my path.

And if you play persimmon, you're my friend

I was backpacking around Laos in 2006, and apparently started reciting fluent Japanese in the middle of the night when sharing a triple room in Vang Vieng with two friends, one of whom was half Japanese and a fluent speaker.

I had never been to Japan nor studied the language, though I did buy a set of Mizuno irons 5 years later :)

Not much happens in Vang Vieng. I can remember being sat in a bar watching 6 hours of episodes of Friends, mainly because I was trying to hit on a very cute one-armed English girl.

It does seem like a surreal David Lynch movie when I look back on it all now ... :)

[i]"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty" [/i]

[b]Harry Vardon[/b] (1870-1937)

[quote name='jonnygrouville' timestamp='1450648245' post='12744432']
Not golf related, but things I have apparently said in my sleep include "Aye-aye captain" and "Can you Adam and Eve it?", and [b]I also get the crazy sleep paralysis thing every now and then.[/b]
[/quote]

Me too, accompanied by demonic nightmares. Had one just last week, and upon waking realized I had been calling out my ex-wife's name (Mary...Mary...Mary). Luckily, I don't sleep-enunciate very well. My wife said I was mumbling, "Hurry...hurry...hurry."

What's unclear is whether the demons and my ex were/are related. I can't rule it out.

And if you play persimmon, you're my friend

My dream: show up at a prestigious tournament (Masters) with a ripped faded canvas red bag, with about 9-10 old (but classic) clubs. It's storming and windy, when I arrive, and I wonder why I'm there at all. I shoot a high 70's score, and don't make the cut, but survive the experience for the better, I guess.

My dreams always have something to do with farming. The last one was this past week.

I was at an auction sale barn. It was a strange sale as the four lots that were offered were mixed vegetables, baked goods, a horse and finally a pen of 6 slaughter cattle! There was a bid of $600 dollars on the cattle and then at the last moment a bid was taken from behind the ring for $1100. The auctioneer called out going once, going twice... As the gavel was about to strike the lot sold, a guy came running up from the crowd waving his hands with a bid for $1150! Too late the auctioneer pronounced! My reaction was: why be so cute if you wanted them, they were cheap enough; just bid rather than try and time it to the last second! I suspect there is a lesson in there pertaining to eBay auctions involving classic clubs...

I guess I miss farming. You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm outa the boy! :pardon:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

[quote name='scomac2002' timestamp='1450793690' post='12751090']
My dreams always have something to do with farming. The last one was this past week.

I was at an auction sale barn. It was a strange sale as the four lots that were offered were mixed vegetables, baked goods, a horse and finally a pen of 6 slaughter cattle! There was a bid of $600 dollars on the cattle and then at the last moment a bid was taken from behind the ring for $1100. The auctioneer called out going once, going twice... As the gavel was about to strike the lot sold, a guy came running up from the crowd waving his hands with a bid for $1150! Too late the auctioneer pronounced! My reaction was: why be so cute [b]if you wanted them, they were cheap enough; just bid rather than try and time it to the last second! I suspect there is a lesson in there pertaining to eBay auctions involving classic clubs...[/b]

I guess I miss farming. You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm outa the boy! :pardon:
[/quote]

Oh Boy! That's kinda my current eBay strategy. Bid one time, submit max bid (usually on the low side). Then don't look at it again until after the auction is over (ignoring the "You've been Outbid" emails). If I win it, fine. If not, I still get the action without the accumulation. Inventory control.
Winter is a very difficult time for a club scrounger.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

[quote name='Blade Junkie' timestamp='1450651863' post='12744634']
I was backpacking around Laos in 2006, and apparently started reciting fluent Japanese in the middle of the night when sharing a triple room in Vang Vieng with two friends, one of whom was half Japanese and a fluent speaker.

I had never been to Japan nor studied the language, though I did buy a set of Mizuno irons 5 years later :)

Not much happens in Vang Vieng. I can remember being sat in a bar watching 6 hours of episodes of Friends, mainly because I was trying to hit on a very cute one-armed English girl.

It does seem like a surreal David Lynch movie when I look back on it all now ... :)
[/quote]You left out the most important part. How did it go with the girl?

[quote name='Juice__25' timestamp='1450412393' post='12734458']
I sometimes talk in my sleep. Mostly mumbles, and phrases but even, although rarely, complete conversations. Regardless, last season I scared the pants off my girlfriend and woke her up while I was asleep when I yelled, "STAY IN THE FAIRWAY!!"

Ha probably dreaming about my fade.
[/quote]

I'm a sleep mumbeler too. Lol. Usually just incoherent ramblings according to my wife. But about 6 months ago before a weekend tournament I said " I got to get it in there " And then I yelled out " go in you son of a b**** " ! At the top of my lungs. She woke me up and asked what in the hell was I dreaming about. I said " you don't want to know. ". Her mind of course went to the gutter. lol. As all women will. The conclusion they jump too is that of infidelity or another women . lol. I burst her bubble when I said. "I had a 20 foot eagle to win and it was tracking from half way in. And you woke me up !"

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

[quote name='farmer' timestamp='1450808621' post='12752228']
[quote name='Blade Junkie' timestamp='1450651863' post='12744634']

[/quote]You left out the most important part. How did it go with the girl?
[/quote]and was her name Eileen?

Anyone who has spent any serious time on stage will back me up on this one for we all have similar types of dreams. Mine are as follows: I will be fabulous and win critical acclaim, Tony Award, etc., if I can only get on stage. All the seeming entrances lead nowhere. I can hear the play, but I can't get out there or...I can get onstage, but the play that I am doing is different from everyone else. The other actors are doing one show, and I am doing another, or...(and this is the worst one) I get out there but cannot seem to speak. I just stand there mute. Wanting to say something, but no words come out.

Welcome to my own version of The Twilight Zone.

I wake up usually completely discombobulated, have no idea where I am for a few minutes until I snap out of it.

Ugh. I hate theatre dreams.

Driver 10.5 Taylor Made Burner 2.0
Ping 3 and 7 woods
Component 5 and 6 hybrids
and 8 and 9 irons (SGI)

Scratch 47 degree PW

Alpha SW

All graphite shafts
Putter: uh, I have a few