Thrift Store Jackpot

I reached out to Slighter to see if they could drill a Seemore/Newport 2.6 style "dot" behind the shaft (at address) and he said he might be able to do that. Didn't respond yet about how much but I think he charges $50.00

For what you have into this putter, tough to spend 10 times that to have a sight dot put in and plus the shipping cost........

You can easily put a sight dot in that putter if you have minimal skill and attention to detail.

Mark the spot you want to put the sight dot in with bright colored marker. Adjust the size and location if needed , remove the shaft and step drill the marked spot to desired size. Put a guide hole in first then finish with a 1/16th spade bit . Practice on a piece of wood first before you do it on the putter.

If I sell the shaft, too, I should just have Slighter satin black the putter, and maybe do the 2.6 dot too. That would be nice.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

I reached out to Slighter to see if they could drill a Seemore/Newport 2.6 style "dot" behind the shaft (at address) and he said he might be able to do that. Didn't respond yet about how much but I think he charges $50.00

For what you have into this putter, tough to spend 10 times that to have a sight dot put in and plus the shipping cost........

You can easily put a sight dot in that putter if you have minimal skill and attention to detail.

Mark the spot you want to put the sight dot in with bright colored marker. Adjust the size and location if needed , remove the shaft and step drill the marked spot to desired size. Put a guide hole in first then finish with a 1/16th spade bit . Practice on a piece of wood first before you do it on the putter.

I hear you. Definitely wouldn't mind saving a buck, but I pulled the grip right away and threw it on eBay for $50 and a bunch of watchers now so I think it will sell. In addition, I'm going to pull the shady and sell that too I think, instead of chop it down. Nor sure yet about that but I have an old bullseye with the satin shady that should fit fine. All this is speculation right now..I might just sell the putter.

SHAFT. auto correct

The circled letters "SC" makes this putter a nice money making opportunity for you. Might as well cash in, unless you think Scotty Cameron imbued Reuter's design with some kind of special pixie dust. The shape looks remarkably similar to a 90's vintage Bullseye Heavy Blade I recently flipped on the Bay for a tiny fraction of what you're likely to get for yours.

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Maltby Top Site TS-6  putter 41"

I hear you. Definitely wouldn't mind saving a buck, but I pulled the grip right away and threw it on eBay for $50 and a bunch of watchers now so I think it will sell. In addition, I'm going to pull the shady and sell that too I think, instead of chop it down. Nor sure yet about that but I have an old bullseye with the satin shady that should fit fine. All this is speculation right now..I might just sell the putter.

SHAFT. auto correct

The circled letters "SC" makes this putter a nice money making opportunity for you. Might as well cash in, unless you think Scotty Cameron imbued Reuter's design with some kind of special pixie dust. The shape looks remarkably similar to a 90's vintage Bullseye Heavy Blade I recently flipped on the Bay for a tiny fraction of what you're likely to get for yours.

Personally, that's exactly what I would have done, kept everything original.

Play it like that or resale. Unless I'd like to game it and don;t care much about the resale.

I have several older putters which I removed the original grips, put them in a sealed plastic bag , stored in closet, in case I need to restore it for resale.

A few putters from the 60's - 70's all had 36" length. Thought about shorten it, but the original shaft is hard to come by, thus kept the length. They actually played pretty well although my average putter length should be 34"-34 1/2"

Some finds over the weekend. A few modernist plus one old one:

Holy wide bottom shovels. Ping K15 irons and hybrids, soft regular graphite shafts. Don't think they've been played a whole lot.

Holy super wide bottoms. Cleveland Hi-Bore, steel. Plus two Halo hybrids, TTDG SL steel.

A few Cleveland wedges. RTX 588 (50*/10*, 56*/14*) and a 900 (58*). The RTX appear new.

And the old. A Pat Pend, Reuter Bullseye (pre-Acushnet). Battle scarred. But the shaft and leather grip are in decent shape.

All found at a H For H Restore in BFE. For $1.00 per club.

I saw toe jam....clean it up, my friend

Picked up 5-PW Maxfli Revolution red dot for $1, if I round up..

I've heard that they are nice irons, but not sure if they are forged or cast..

I've heard that it's cast with nickel chrome or it's forged, either way it's feels soft..

Seems to be forged, because I can see the bag chatter on the heads.. Face is clean..

Can anyone confirm?

Those Maxflis were definitely cast, not forged - but from some nickel based alloy and chrome plated and easily as soft feeling as any forging. The red dots were a longer blade with more offset, black dots were shorter with almost zero offset.

Thanks for the info.. But I am a little bit confused.. I've never seen club chatter like this on cast, but seen plenty on forged..

Here are the pics..

Those Maxflis were definitely cast, not forged - but from some nickel based alloy and chrome plated and easily as soft feeling as any forging. The red dots were a longer blade with more offset, black dots were shorter with almost zero offset.

Thanks for the info.. But I am a little bit confused.. I've never seen club chatter like this on cast, but seen plenty on forged..

Here are the pics..

Chatter has much more to do with the head material than the metal forming process utilized during manufacture. There are many forged stainless irons dating back all the way to the hickory era and cast carbon steel irons (and nickel alloy in the Revolution's case).

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Maltby Top Site TS-6  putter 41"

Some finds over the weekend. A few modernist plus one old one:

Holy wide bottom shovels. Ping K15 irons and hybrids, soft regular graphite shafts. Don't think they've been played a whole lot.

Holy super wide bottoms. Cleveland Hi-Bore, steel. Plus two Halo hybrids, TTDG SL steel.

A few Cleveland wedges. RTX 588 (50*/10*, 56*/14*) and a 900 (58*). The RTX appear new.

And the old. A Pat Pend, Reuter Bullseye (pre-Acushnet). Battle scarred. But the shaft and leather grip are in decent shape.

All found at a H For H Restore in BFE. For $1.00 per club.

I saw toe jam....clean it up, my friend

HE'S ALIVE...

OMG, Augie is back!!!

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

Barbara Romack was the women's 1954 US Amatuer champion. Beating Mickey Wright, no less.

Joined the LPGA in the late 50s, won one LPGA tournament, according to Wikipedia.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I did a real quick paint job to the $4.99 SC bulls eye

34510281_2502121426680353_9002200093197074432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c0ddab77e5e64bf76096aa91a7036b5f&oe=5B7DFF21

34410134_2502121453347017_8263538277462573056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ab9a462e01ac0cc16c18590cf0f3c9e6&oe=5B7E4A6A

34506077_2502121513347011_3489312881030201344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=85f0fc67343700523d281c335e3bed8b&oe=5BB4FB45

DONT DO IT!

Well I hit the jackpot at Goodwill tonight Found a full set 2 thru PW 925 Silver Scott Macgregor Tommy Armour irons. Found the woods I presume go with them too which are PT-1Ws Driver 2 wood 3 wood 4 wood. All are in excellent shape. The driver has had a replacement insert but who ever did it done an excellent job. Also found a Macgregor small bag red and white. Got to doing some figuring and realized the putter I found on the pile several weeks ago with the 59 Macs goes with this set.

In this same haul I found a Ben Hogan P8- 3 putter in pristine shape with the original grip in fantastic shape- That putter looks exactly like a 8802 . Has the Hogan Apex shaft band intact too

Now the next find proves lightning strikes twice. About a month ago I found a set of Snake Eyes Forged Smith and Wesson blades in the bin at work. 3 through pw but missing the 8 iron. Had a set of custom tuned R-300 shafts. Now the Snake Eyes were 2 " over length and had new arthritic grips on them. Now those irons have too much offset for me. I had thrown around the plan to pull those shafts and put them in the 59 Diamond Backs. For the 8 iron I was going to soft step a Hogan Apex #3 shaft. Now Mitchell had told me in a PM all about the Snake Eyes/ Smith and Wesson deal. He also knew about the club shop in Ponte Vedra Fla that built those. He had told me tongue in cheek that they were rare and good luck finding a 8 iron. Well lightning hit tonight believe it or not I found that 8 iron in the Goodwill bin tonight same shaft and shaft band and grip. In fact I played golf with Bear and his son today and we ate supper together. I was explaining to his son tonight about soft tipping a Apex shaft to match the R-300s. 30 minutes later I found that 8 iron. Un fricking believable

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

This whole deal is bizarre. I mean how many full sets of old Macs do you find with the PW especially the Dual Sole intact? Plus the Woods and a smaller Mac bag too

The real spooky thing is finding that Snake Eyes 8 iron and it goes with the set I have. Those Armours are in I would say a 8 out of 10 condition. Judging by the woods they have been stored for years properly hardly any rust

Well I hit the jackpot at Goodwill tonight Found a full set 2 thru PW 925 Silver Scott Macgregor Tommy Armour irons. Found the woods I presume go with them too which are PT-1Ws Driver 2 wood 3 wood 4 wood. All are in excellent shape. The driver has had a replacement insert but who ever did it done an excellent job. Also found a Macgregor small bag red and white. Got to doing some figuring and realized the putter I found on the pile several weeks ago with the 59 Macs goes with this set.

In this same haul I found a Ben Hogan P8- 3 putter in pristine shape with the original grip in fantastic shape- That putter looks exactly like a 8802 . Has the Hogan Apex shaft band intact too

Now the next find proves lightning strikes twice. About a month ago I found a set of Snake Eyes Forged Smith and Wesson blades in the bin at work. 3 through pw but missing the 8 iron. Had a set of custom tuned R-300 shafts. Now the Snake Eyes were 2 " over length and had new arthritic grips on them. Now those irons have too much offset for me. I had thrown around the plan to pull those shafts and put them in the 59 Diamond Backs. For the 8 iron I was going to soft step a Hogan Apex #3 shaft. Now Mitchell had told me in a PM all about the Snake Eyes/ Smith and Wesson deal. He also knew about the club shop in Ponte Vedra Fla that built those. He had told me tongue in cheek that they were rare and good luck finding a 8 iron. Well lightning hit tonight believe it or not I found that 8 iron in the Goodwill bin tonight same shaft and shaft band and grip. In fact I played golf with Bear and his son today and we ate supper together. I was explaining to his son tonight about soft tipping a Apex shaft to match the R-300s. 30 minutes later I found that 8 iron. Un fricking believable

Pictures, Stu. Pictures!

Are the woods the ones with the black dowel inserts?

Pictures, Stu. Pictures!

Correct on the inserts-- I am still having problems with the phone transferring over pics

That's great to hear. Occasionally I will find the iron I am missing from a set stashed away in the garage and it's a good feeling. :good:

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

Pictures, Stu. Pictures!

Correct on the inserts-- I am still having problems with the phone transferring over pics

And the irons are ‘reverse muscle’, right?

These - https://www.ironfinder.com/Individual-Irons/macgregor/silver_scot_model_925-65.htm

^^^^ Steve---- Exactly those are the ones

Outstanding score Stu. But I thought you mentioned that you already have to many clubs (ha!). Couldn't very well just leave them sitting there.

Being a Mac man, finding a full set of 925 irons and PT1-W woods would be right up your alley. And the DD wedge, that's atypical. Rightfully so. Reverse muscle? Trying to hit a golf ball with one would scare the bejeebers out of me. Sounds like a "Widow dump" to me.

Those S & W irons though could be the real plum. Thinking those were pre-Golfsmith (perhaps Mitchell could confirm). From the Ernie Vandersteen (Sp?) SE era. Do they have "EV" stamped on the hosel? IIRC, his operation was based out of Ponte Vedra, FL. They are much coveted in certain circles and bring a premium versus other SE irons. They show up on eBay periodically and are always richly priced. You were very lucky to find the 8 iron to complete the set. Recall seeing a set of S&W's once, had a leading edge straight as a ruler. You should build them out just because. Thought you were a S & W man.

One final note, may want to check the Hogan putter. See if its stamped P-S 3. The "S" looking like an 8 on a quick glance. That's the 8802 style Hogan. Parsing the minutia.

Edit add: FWIW, checking Kaplan (because I'm curious and nothing better to do this early). Looks like the TA 925 irons first appeared in 1953, for a two year run just prior to the Colokroms. The PT1W woods show up in 1958. "Velocitized" on the sole plate? Do they still have the original leather grips? As always, I defer to the experts on such matters.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Congratulations Stu on a great find!

If you pull the shafts from the Snake Eyes and don't want to keep the heads please PM me.

I got all my club building certifications thru Golfsmith and was a member of their Customer Advisory Committee for years before they got out of the component market and then went under.

All Forged, all the time.
The Sets that see regular playing time...
67 Spalding Top-Flite Professional, Cleveland Classic Persimmon Driver, 3 & 4 Spalding Top-Flite Persimmon Woods, TPM Putter.
71 Wilson Staff Button Backs, Wilson System 3000 Persimmon Driver, 3 & 5 Woods, Wilson Sam Snead Pay-Off Putter.
95 Snake Eyes S&W Forged, Snake Eyes 600T Driver, Viper MS 18* & 21* Woods, 252 & 258 Vokeys, Golfsmith Zero Friction Putter.
2015 Wilson Staff FG Tour F5, TaylorMade Superfast Driver, 16.5* Fairway, & 21* Hybrid, Harmonized SW & LW, Tour Edge Feel2 Putter.

Outstanding score Stu. But I thought you mentioned that you already have to many clubs (ha!). Couldn't very well just leave them sitting there.

Being a Mac man, finding a full set of 925 irons and PT1-W woods would be right up your alley. And the DD wedge, that's atypical. Rightfully so. Reverse muscle? Trying to hit a golf ball with one would scare the bejeebers out of me. Sounds like a "Widow dump" to me.

Those S & W irons though could be the real plum. Thinking those were pre-Golfsmith (perhaps Mitchell could confirm). From the Ernie Vandersteen (Sp?) SE era. Do they have "EV" stamped on the hosel? IIRC, his operation was based out of Ponte Vedra, FL. They are much coveted in certain circles and bring a premium versus other SE irons. They show up on eBay periodically and are always richly priced. You were very lucky to find the 8 iron to complete the set. Recall seeing a set of S&W's once, had a leading edge straight as a ruler. You should build them out just because. Thought you were a S & W man.

One final note, may want to check the Hogan putter. See if its stamped P-S 3. The "S" looking like an 8 on a quick glance. That's the 8802 style Hogan. Parsing the minutia.

Edit add: FWIW, checking Kaplan (because I'm curious and nothing better to do this early). Looks like the TA 925 irons first appeared in 1953, for a two year run just prior to the Colokroms. The PT1W woods show up in 1958. "Velocitized" on the sole plate? Do they still have the original leather grips? As always, I defer to the experts on such matters.

Ok the whole deal gets bizarre. Remember when I found the partial set 2 thru 9 iron 58 Diamondback recessed weight irons in a bin at work. I also found a Armour offset. I dated the putter after research 55 thru 57> Now those clubs came out of the Goodwill bins at work. Now the woods you named it they are 58 Velocitized or what we called the "Rocket Woods". Put it all together this morning> Those woods originally went with the Diamondback irons and the putter went with the 925s. Weird I think they came from the same hoard and by fate I reunited them.

The Snake Eyes irons came from one of the Goodwill bins at work. The 8 iron was missing--- Mitchell has already given the scoop on them--- Told me how rare they were and good luck finding the 8 iron. Then I found the 8 iron last night. I tried hitting those irons and they have too much offset for me but they have frequency tuned R-300s in them. Those shafts are going into the 58 Diamondbacks. The heads are going to Tim V down in Florida when I pull the shafts. After hurting my back last week hitting those S-300s in the MP-68s I am done in this lifetime hitting stiff shafts and that includes Pro Pel 2s. Yesterday I played the Franken Macs or MacHogans and did not swing hard hit the ball exactly like I wanted too and my back was not sore or stiff this morning.

The 925s I can more than likely hit the stock TT shafts in them because my 54 Precisions and my 54 Mac Toski Mighty Mites have the exact same shaft. I will go back on one thing I will hit the pro Pel shafts some because I have those lovely ones Stickfish sent me.I will like play 9 holes or so with them at the time. Oh you know me I will attempt to hit the 925s

On the Hogan 8802 putter you nailed it--- That is exactly what that is P S 3 and the P does look like an 8