2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Thrift Store Jackpot

> @pahogan said:

> Watler Hagen Ultradyne ii with spiral shafts

> 9lziorctj8mm.jpg

> 0mscb4ful5a4.jpg

>

I hit one of those drivers back in the day. My old man was a Wilson dealer at the time. Those were back in the day when I had a bad rope hooking problem. Needless to say I hit some interesting funky shots with that thing

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @stickfish said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > Hey Augie lay off us big guys LOL :D

> > > OK hit the pile today---- Found a darn near brand new Odyssey #5 putter cover and all, A 08 TM Burner driver, A Hogan 50* wedge from the Spalding days but pristine, A 56* Vokey in pretty decent shape and a Mac VIP 9iron with boxed grooves. Trust me it was as hot as Hades but I went through all 6 bins to try to find the rest no luck. I guess the big find was a TM R-7 stand bag in great shape stand works and all the zippers work. Bonus 6 new Pro Vs and some assorted Bridgestone balls plus 3 nice divot repair tools and a bunch of tees. Darn it can not think of the name of the company that made those stand bags for TM in those days. Anyhow scrap yard employee price -------- $2 for all------ Edit just went over to the equipment section and the name I was trying to think of was Sun Mountain

> >

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > Hey Augie lay off us big guys LOL :D

> > > OK hit the pile today---- Found a darn near brand new Odyssey #5 putter cover and all, A 08 TM Burner driver, A Hogan 50* wedge from the Spalding days but pristine, A 56* Vokey in pretty decent shape and a Mac VIP 9iron with boxed grooves. Trust me it was as hot as Hades but I went through all 6 bins to try to find the rest no luck. I guess the big find was a TM R-7 stand bag in great shape stand works and all the zippers work. Bonus 6 new Pro Vs and some assorted Bridgestone balls plus 3 nice divot repair tools and a bunch of tees. Darn it can not think of the name of the company that made those stand bags for TM in those days. Anyhow scrap yard employee price -------- $2 for all------ Edit just went over to the equipment section and the name I was trying to think of was Sun Mountain

> >

> >

>

> Hello Stick I did play the FCs the other day on a Sunday afternoon round

I took the FCs along with my then current gamers (blah blah blah, something forged by _________. likely) to the range when I had them wearing flip flops if I recall. Started with my gamers to get a feel for my swing that day as it fluctuates like the price of gas and then switched to the Macs. Ended up just hitting the FCs and walked past the attendant with a big smile on my face as I found a grove and smoked the 8 iron and wedge shot after shot once I tweaked my swing a bit. Seemed like the Macs preferred a more upright path as opposed to my normal, was going to have them checked just for giggles but never got around to it. The attendant did want to see the faces of the Macs as grinned as welll and commented on the awesome ferrules. Really glad you took them out for a spin.

> @stickfish said:

> I took the FCs along with my then current gamers (blah blah blah, something forged by _________. likely) to the range when I had them wearing flip flops if I recall. Started with my gamers to get a feel for my swing that day as it fluctuates like the price of gas and then switched to the Macs. Ended up just hitting the FCs and walked past the attendant with a big smile on my face as I found a grove and smoked the 8 iron and wedge shot after shot once I tweaked my swing a bit. Seemed like the Macs preferred a more upright path as opposed to my normal, was going to have them checked just for giggles but never got around to it. The attendant did want to see the faces of the Macs as grinned as welll and commented on the awesome ferrules. Really glad you took them out for a spin.

Actually have taken them out on more than one occasion. Shot 39 (+3 ) on the front side of my home course one Sunday afternoon. Played the 4 wood that came with them and a driver just like the damaged one that came with them. I am going to try this winter the epoxy sawdust trick on that driver

> @Mullyman said:

> Not a thrift shop, but a yard sale; a co-worker made a huge haul on golf and fishing gear from a woman whose husband left her for a really young girl who he met at a bar.

Sounds like someone I know, The X sold everything including the guy's name brand clothing, basically nothing left for the poor guy when he came home from a business trip.

> @huckitchuckit said:

> I have found some really awesome shirts off ebay. Some old cobra ones that are very colorful and interesting. Only thing with old shirts are they are very heavy.

Because the old shirts probably have high percentage of cotton , some were 90% + cotton, which is not the case for newer shirts because of the cost had gone way high and we have to figure out a way to recycle the plastic water bottles .

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > Is it really hard to find putters at thrift shops, or is that just me?

>

> I think it is the demographics of the area you are in. Here we are the self proclaimed "Golf Capital of the World" Lots of folks retire here to play golf. What happens for now is a lot of them are just like us old club hoes. Then they pass away and usually the kids are in a hurry to get Mom back up North and sell the house. They either dump the stash at Goodwill or at our yard. If the stuff does not sell at Goodwill within a certain time then they scrap it. Evidently older putters do not sell well around here because I run up on quite a few on the yard especially Bulls Eyes. I know much of the up and coming generation would not be caught dead with an old Bulls Eye etc. in their bag. I found my rusty Scotty Santa Fe in the scrap pile one day

I'll keep my eyes peeled then. I've seen a ton of cool, old irons and woods at thrift and secondhand stores, but I've literally never seen a putter. Maybe all the old-timers get there first thing in the morning and poach all the good deals.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

> @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > > Is it really hard to find putters at thrift shops, or is that just me?

> >

> > I think it is the demographics of the area you are in. Here we are the self proclaimed "Golf Capital of the World" Lots of folks retire here to play golf. What happens for now is a lot of them are just like us old club hoes. Then they pass away and usually the kids are in a hurry to get Mom back up North and sell the house. They either dump the stash at Goodwill or at our yard. If the stuff does not sell at Goodwill within a certain time then they scrap it. Evidently older putters do not sell well around here because I run up on quite a few on the yard especially Bulls Eyes. I know much of the up and coming generation would not be caught dead with an old Bulls Eye etc. in their bag. I found my rusty Scotty Santa Fe in the scrap pile one day

>

> I'll keep my eyes peeled then. I've seen a ton of cool, old irons and woods at thrift and secondhand stores, but I've literally never seen a putter. Maybe all the old-timers get there first thing in the morning and poach all the good deals.

Putters and wedges are the ones that's gone first from the rack.

Maybe because of the pitch and putt courses in the city.

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @stickfish said:

> > I took the FCs along with my then current gamers (blah blah blah, something forged by _________. likely) to the range when I had them wearing flip flops if I recall. Started with my gamers to get a feel for my swing that day as it fluctuates like the price of gas and then switched to the Macs. Ended up just hitting the FCs and walked past the attendant with a big smile on my face as I found a grove and smoked the 8 iron and wedge shot after shot once I tweaked my swing a bit. Seemed like the Macs preferred a more upright path as opposed to my normal, was going to have them checked just for giggles but never got around to it. The attendant did want to see the faces of the Macs as grinned as welll and commented on the awesome ferrules. Really glad you took them out for a spin.

>

> Actually have taken them out on more than one occasion. Shot 39 (+3 ) on the front side of my home course one Sunday afternoon. Played the 4 wood that came with them and a driver just like the damaged one that came with them. I am going to try this winter the epoxy sawdust trick on that driver

Maybe next Fall you can bring them a bit North and we get out for the inaugural Scrap yard/Goodwill/Friends and Family Open?

aviwkbvtuipl.jpeg

flfqcri4krs2.jpeg

Picked this up today at goodwill. A little discolored/stained and did a quick rub down with some brasso, but to really get it clean it could use a buffing wheel and some good remover, whatever that may be. For $2.07 couldn't really go wrong and if I can't get it looking clean, I'll just play it the way it is.............

hhd11bl7gvi4.jpg

eepfpxwgobq5.jpg

• Like 2

> @stickfish said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @stickfish said:

> > > I took the FCs along with my then current gamers (blah blah blah, something forged by _________. likely) to the range when I had them wearing flip flops if I recall. Started with my gamers to get a feel for my swing that day as it fluctuates like the price of gas and then switched to the Macs. Ended up just hitting the FCs and walked past the attendant with a big smile on my face as I found a grove and smoked the 8 iron and wedge shot after shot once I tweaked my swing a bit. Seemed like the Macs preferred a more upright path as opposed to my normal, was going to have them checked just for giggles but never got around to it. The attendant did want to see the faces of the Macs as grinned as welll and commented on the awesome ferrules. Really glad you took them out for a spin.

> >

> > Actually have taken them out on more than one occasion. Shot 39 (+3 ) on the front side of my home course one Sunday afternoon. Played the 4 wood that came with them and a driver just like the damaged one that came with them. I am going to try this winter the epoxy sawdust trick on that driver

>

>

> Maybe next Fall you can bring them a bit North and we get out for the inaugural Scrap yard/Goodwill/Friends and Family Open?

>

> aviwkbvtuipl.jpeg

> flfqcri4krs2.jpeg

>

Hey you never know I may make it---- LOL reminded me of something--- A running partner of mine used to play "junked" stuff like I do. We were a pretty good team> We got coined with the name of "The Salvation Army Team"

• Like 1

> @disco111 said:

> Picked this up today at goodwill. A little discolored/stained and did a quick rub down with some brasso, but to really get it clean it could use a buffing wheel and some good remover, whatever that may be. For $2.07 couldn't really go wrong and if I can't get it looking clean, I'll just play it the way it is.............

>

> hhd11bl7gvi4.jpg

> eepfpxwgobq5.jpg

>

That one is in a little better shape than the Santa Fe I found on the scrap pile. LOL I took mine straight to the course when I found it. Was on the practice green and the rust was flying when I putted with it. Ended up getting in a game that day. I cleaned the sole off with some sandpaper I had in the truck and applied 2 strips of lead tape. Now at the time I had a brand new TEE green and white bag. Went into the cart barn to the lost and found and got a putter cover. That shocked the guys that know me well because I have always refused to game a putter I have to use a cover on. The cover was not to protect the putter it was to protect the white inside the new bag. We only played 9 holes because it was late but I remember I had like 11 or 12 putts. Later on I cleaned it up with PB Blaster and fine steel wool and it patinaed out nicely. Every now and then I wipe it down with WD 40. BTW I only paid 0.10 for mine at employee scrap prices. I did re letter The Scotty Cameron on the face with white paint. I get shocked looks from the prim and proper tourist crowd on the putting green. That putter has gotten the nickname "That Rusty SOB Scotty" on this end of the beach. Yours is a different vintage than mine where yours says Santa Fe on the face mine says Scotty Cameron. And where yours says "The Art Of Putting" on the sole mine says Santa Fe. I think we traced mine to 1997. I think yours may be newer

> @wkuo3 said:

> I have not seen any of the hickory stick for years, they had disappeared from the Thrift Store once they had become collectibles.

> So will the persimmons in a few decades.

Real hickory clubs have became scarce due to the fact they have became highly decorative items. Lots of antique stores have them overpriced for that reason. And a lot of stores do not know what they have. Someone told me about a set of "old wood shafted golf clubs" in a pickers / antique type store up the street. I checked them out they were not hickory they were late 40s Spaldings with pyratone shafts. The owner of that store got mad at me when I proved my point by sticking a magnet on them. He had $350 on them I laughed. Of course some sucker will buy them for wall hangings and I guess it will not make any difference. Now if you are talking about the Callaway Hickory Stick wedges they are not real hickory either per say. They have a steel insert inside them. No other than Mr Tad Moore told me about that one night on here.

> @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > > Is it really hard to find putters at thrift shops, or is that just me?

> >

> > I think it is the demographics of the area you are in. Here we are the self proclaimed "Golf Capital of the World" Lots of folks retire here to play golf. What happens for now is a lot of them are just like us old club hoes. Then they pass away and usually the kids are in a hurry to get Mom back up North and sell the house. They either dump the stash at Goodwill or at our yard. If the stuff does not sell at Goodwill within a certain time then they scrap it. Evidently older putters do not sell well around here because I run up on quite a few on the yard especially Bulls Eyes. I know much of the up and coming generation would not be caught dead with an old Bulls Eye etc. in their bag. I found my rusty Scotty Santa Fe in the scrap pile one day

>

> I'll keep my eyes peeled then. I've seen a ton of cool, old irons and woods at thrift and secondhand stores, but I've literally never seen a putter. Maybe all the old-timers get there first thing in the morning and poach all the good deals.

Like I said it is the demographics. That T-10 Mizuno wedge in my signature I found in one of the bins at work brand new stickers still on it. Evidently it did not sell at Goodwill so it ended up scrapped. Most of the 588 and 900 wedges in my stash came from the bins at work. Evidently when they became non conforming people did not want anything to do with them. Me I could give 2 hoots less about conforming or not. Like my bud Bear says " Ain't nobody in this group gives a Sheet whether a club is conforming or not." None of the groups I play in cares. And most people do not know the rule as it is written. Had a guy tell me the other day my Ping Eye 2 deuce iron was illegal. I asked if he wanted to bet? He said well Ping waivered that thing with the lawsuit. I told him it was legal before all of that. He never would bet me. the way the rule reads is clubs of 25* or greater manufacturers stated loft. That Ping 2 iron stock is around 20*. In other words the stated loft thing keeps me from bending back a 6 iron to less than 25*. BTW the Mizuno is on the conforming list

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @wkuo3 said:

> > I have not seen any of the hickory stick for years, they had disappeared from the Thrift Store once they had become collectibles.

> > So will the persimmons in a few decades.

>

> Real hickory clubs have became scarce due to the fact they have became highly decorative items. Lots of antique stores have them overpriced for that reason. And a lot of stores do not know what they have. Someone told me about a set of "old wood shafted golf clubs" in a pickers / antique type store up the street. I checked them out they were not hickory they were late 40s Spaldings with pyratone shafts. The owner of that store got mad at me when I proved my point by sticking a magnet on them. He had $350 on them I laughed. Of course some sucker will buy them for wall hangings and I guess it will not make any difference. Now if you are talking about the Callaway Hickory Stick wedges they are not real hickory either per say. They have a steel insert inside them. No other than Mr Tad Moore told me about that one night on here.

I think I know what a real hickory stick is. I rememnered my father's time still could find them once in awhile in the thrift stores. My father's time was the time when the steel shaft become popular. He had gone through the hickory, the persimmon and the metal woods era.

I myself really know a little about the persimmon and the modern golf clubs.

Locally, there is a reneweed interest for the hickory golf clubs. Several organization trying to get it going by giving free seminars of the history of the hickroy and they all dressed up like the golfers in that era and play with hald set of golf clubs on a short track.

It's fun, but I don;t thnk the millennials or the X,Y, Z followed it have the patience nor do they care of the hickory sticks.

I like to have a few hickory clubs. At one time there was some hickory shafts for sale at relatively low price, thought about picking up a bunch and at least put it in the putter and some short sticks.

Wife stopped me, since we have children still in schools. That was a goof buy but needed to commit a sizeable investment.

> @wkuo3 said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > I have not seen any of the hickory stick for years, they had disappeared from the Thrift Store once they had become collectibles.

> > > So will the persimmons in a few decades.

> >

> > Real hickory clubs have became scarce due to the fact they have became highly decorative items. Lots of antique stores have them overpriced for that reason. And a lot of stores do not know what they have. Someone told me about a set of "old wood shafted golf clubs" in a pickers / antique type store up the street. I checked them out they were not hickory they were late 40s Spaldings with pyratone shafts. The owner of that store got mad at me when I proved my point by sticking a magnet on them. He had $350 on them I laughed. Of course some sucker will buy them for wall hangings and I guess it will not make any difference. Now if you are talking about the Callaway Hickory Stick wedges they are not real hickory either per say. They have a steel insert inside them. No other than Mr Tad Moore told me about that one night on here.

>

> I think I know what a real hickory stick is. I rememnered my father's time still could find them once in awhile in the thrift stores. My father's time was the time when the steel shaft become popular. He had gone through the hickory, the persimmon and the metal woods era.

> I myself really know a little about the persimmon and the modern golf clubs.

> Locally, there is a reneweed interest for the hickory golf clubs. Several organization trying to get it going by giving free seminars of the history of the hickroy and they all dressed up like the golfers in that era and play with hald set of golf clubs on a short track.

> It's fun, but I don;t thnk the millennials or the X,Y, Z followed it have the patience nor do they care of the hickory sticks.

> I like to have a few hickory clubs. At one time there was some hickory shafts for sale at relatively low price, thought about picking up a bunch and at least put it in the putter and some short sticks.

> Wife stopped me, since we have children still in schools. That was a goof buy but needed to commit a sizeable investment.

>

We have a store on the South Side of Myrtle that sells that type of clothes- I think it is called Knickers. There are quite a few organizations for hickory play and they play events. There is quite a few postings in the Hickory forum here in the Classics. I have a few hickory clubs and I am in the process of fixing a few to maybe play some. I think south of here is a little group in Charlestown SC. Our fellow WRXer Old School Rocker ( Randy) plays with them some. Around here naah. Heck you can not get anyone to play Persimmon woods much less hickory.

• Like 1

> @augustgolf said:

> James & dcopp - dat dere's some fine shizzle fo real

Yep both of them did really good there

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @wkuo3 said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > > I have not seen any of the hickory stick for years, they had disappeared from the Thrift Store once they had become collectibles.

> > > > So will the persimmons in a few decades.

> > >

> > > Real hickory clubs have became scarce due to the fact they have became highly decorative items. Lots of antique stores have them overpriced for that reason. And a lot of stores do not know what they have. Someone told me about a set of "old wood shafted golf clubs" in a pickers / antique type store up the street. I checked them out they were not hickory they were late 40s Spaldings with pyratone shafts. The owner of that store got mad at me when I proved my point by sticking a magnet on them. He had $350 on them I laughed. Of course some sucker will buy them for wall hangings and I guess it will not make any difference. Now if you are talking about the Callaway Hickory Stick wedges they are not real hickory either per say. They have a steel insert inside them. No other than Mr Tad Moore told me about that one night on here.

> >

> > I think I know what a real hickory stick is. I rememnered my father's time still could find them once in awhile in the thrift stores. My father's time was the time when the steel shaft become popular. He had gone through the hickory, the persimmon and the metal woods era.

> > I myself really know a little about the persimmon and the modern golf clubs.

> > Locally, there is a reneweed interest for the hickory golf clubs. Several organization trying to get it going by giving free seminars of the history of the hickroy and they all dressed up like the golfers in that era and play with hald set of golf clubs on a short track.

> > It's fun, but I don;t thnk the millennials or the X,Y, Z followed it have the patience nor do they care of the hickory sticks.

> > I like to have a few hickory clubs. At one time there was some hickory shafts for sale at relatively low price, thought about picking up a bunch and at least put it in the putter and some short sticks.

> > Wife stopped me, since we have children still in schools. That was a goof buy but needed to commit a sizeable investment.

> >

>

> We have a store on the South Side of Myrtle that sells that type of clothes- I think it is called Knickers. There are quite a few organizations for hickory play and they play events. There is quite a few postings in the Hickory forum here in the Classics. I have a few hickory clubs and I am in the process of fixing a few to maybe play some. I think south of here is a little group in Charlestown SC. Our fellow WRXer Old School Rocker ( Randy) plays with them some. Around here naah. Heck you can not get anyone to play Persimmon woods much less hickory.

Hey, for the rest of the guys on the SE seaboard and you, brace for the Dorian invasion.

Hopefully it'll turn into a tropical storm before it hits inland. No golf early next week.

> @wkuo3 said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > > > I have not seen any of the hickory stick for years, they had disappeared from the Thrift Store once they had become collectibles.

> > > > > So will the persimmons in a few decades.

> > > >

> > > > Real hickory clubs have became scarce due to the fact they have became highly decorative items. Lots of antique stores have them overpriced for that reason. And a lot of stores do not know what they have. Someone told me about a set of "old wood shafted golf clubs" in a pickers / antique type store up the street. I checked them out they were not hickory they were late 40s Spaldings with pyratone shafts. The owner of that store got mad at me when I proved my point by sticking a magnet on them. He had $350 on them I laughed. Of course some sucker will buy them for wall hangings and I guess it will not make any difference. Now if you are talking about the Callaway Hickory Stick wedges they are not real hickory either per say. They have a steel insert inside them. No other than Mr Tad Moore told me about that one night on here.

> > >

> > > I think I know what a real hickory stick is. I rememnered my father's time still could find them once in awhile in the thrift stores. My father's time was the time when the steel shaft become popular. He had gone through the hickory, the persimmon and the metal woods era.

> > > I myself really know a little about the persimmon and the modern golf clubs.

> > > Locally, there is a reneweed interest for the hickory golf clubs. Several organization trying to get it going by giving free seminars of the history of the hickroy and they all dressed up like the golfers in that era and play with hald set of golf clubs on a short track.

> > > It's fun, but I don;t thnk the millennials or the X,Y, Z followed it have the patience nor do they care of the hickory sticks.

> > > I like to have a few hickory clubs. At one time there was some hickory shafts for sale at relatively low price, thought about picking up a bunch and at least put it in the putter and some short sticks.

> > > Wife stopped me, since we have children still in schools. That was a goof buy but needed to commit a sizeable investment.

> > >

> >

> > We have a store on the South Side of Myrtle that sells that type of clothes- I think it is called Knickers. There are quite a few organizations for hickory play and they play events. There is quite a few postings in the Hickory forum here in the Classics. I have a few hickory clubs and I am in the process of fixing a few to maybe play some. I think south of here is a little group in Charlestown SC. Our fellow WRXer Old School Rocker ( Randy) plays with them some. Around here naah. Heck you can not get anyone to play Persimmon woods much less hickory.

> Hey, for the rest of the guys on the SE seaboard and you, brace for the Dorian invasion.

> Hopefully it'll turn into a tropical storm before it hits inland. No golf early next week.

>

Thanks man--- What is a real kick in the nads I am on vacation this week. But I did play Mon Tue and this morning----- Had a tee time for Thursday at Eagle Nest to try to break 100 at 8100 yards with persimmon and blades. That is out the window for now--- Was also supposed to play in a Calcutta Saturday but they cancelled that Monday ahead of the storm. We are sticking and waiting just light rain for now and a gentle breeze.

.> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @wkuo3 said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > > @wkuo3 said:

> > > > > > I have not seen any of the hickory stick for years, they had disappeared from the Thrift Store once they had become collectibles.

> > > > > > So will the persimmons in a few decades.

> > > > >

> > > > > Real hickory clubs have became scarce due to the fact they have became highly decorative items. Lots of antique stores have them overpriced for that reason. And a lot of stores do not know what they have. Someone told me about a set of "old wood shafted golf clubs" in a pickers / antique type store up the street. I checked them out they were not hickory they were late 40s Spaldings with pyratone shafts. The owner of that store got mad at me when I proved my point by sticking a magnet on them. He had $350 on them I laughed. Of course some sucker will buy them for wall hangings and I guess it will not make any difference. Now if you are talking about the Callaway Hickory Stick wedges they are not real hickory either per say. They have a steel insert inside them. No other than Mr Tad Moore told me about that one night on here.

> > > >

> > > > I think I know what a real hickory stick is. I rememnered my father's time still could find them once in awhile in the thrift stores. My father's time was the time when the steel shaft become popular. He had gone through the hickory, the persimmon and the metal woods era.

> > > > I myself really know a little about the persimmon and the modern golf clubs.

> > > > Locally, there is a reneweed interest for the hickory golf clubs. Several organization trying to get it going by giving free seminars of the history of the hickroy and they all dressed up like the golfers in that era and play with hald set of golf clubs on a short track.

> > > > It's fun, but I don;t thnk the millennials or the X,Y, Z followed it have the patience nor do they care of the hickory sticks.

> > > > I like to have a few hickory clubs. At one time there was some hickory shafts for sale at relatively low price, thought about picking up a bunch and at least put it in the putter and some short sticks.

> > > > Wife stopped me, since we have children still in schools. That was a goof buy but needed to commit a sizeable investment.

> > > >

> > >

> > > We have a store on the South Side of Myrtle that sells that type of clothes- I think it is called Knickers. There are quite a few organizations for hickory play and they play events. There is quite a few postings in the Hickory forum here in the Classics. I have a few hickory clubs and I am in the process of fixing a few to maybe play some. I think south of here is a little group in Charlestown SC. Our fellow WRXer Old School Rocker ( Randy) plays with them some. Around here naah. Heck you can not get anyone to play Persimmon woods much less hickory.

> > Hey, for the rest of the guys on the SE seaboard and you, brace for the Dorian invasion.

> > Hopefully it'll turn into a tropical storm before it hits inland. No golf early next week.

> >

>

> Thanks man--- What is a real kick in the nads I am on vacation this week. But I did play Mon Tue and this morning----- Had a tee time for Thursday at Eagle Nest to try to break 100 at 8100 yards with persimmon and blades. That is out the window for now--- Was also supposed to play in a Calcutta Saturday but they cancelled that Monday ahead of the storm. We are sticking and waiting just light rain for now and a gentle breeze.

Weather report says the Dorian will drop some of it's power, but will bring lots of rain in some area. Glad it won't be a cate. 5 like when it hit the Bahamas.

BTW, What kind of golf course is 8.100 yards ? With persimmon and blades ? Ha Ha bring you A game for putting........

It does not look like everyone is tryong to golf as much as they could during this fabulus weather here, lots of spots on the tee sheets in the club house and also the online booking .

I'm going to re-whip a Ping Karsten Driver, after I cleane dit up and recoat it . Stopped by the local thrift store while waiting for the wife who's shopping at the Mall with kids.

They want $6.99 for a steel shafted Ping Kraten one Wood, Blonde. Whipping was gone, face was fine and the insert was also fine. Chipped finishing on the sole plate, grip of course is dried up and hard. I asked the store manager for a reduction since it'll nee some work. They dropped it to $4.99 and I paid $3.99 plus tax.

It should be a fun driver to play.

Not quite sure if I could make the old Ping grip soft again for play, we'll see if I need to put a new grip on it.

Score for the week: set of mid 90's Titleist DCI oversize+ irons with oversize Lamkin grips, mid 90's Callaway X Tour Vintage 56* wedge (complete patina of rust), Yonex V-mass 350 titanium #1 and Yonex Graphlex #5 wood. All good condition and bought for a song. The Yonex driver looks good but is a stiff flex which may be a bit too stiff for my slow'ish swing speed, however I'll take it out to the range next week and see how it goes. The #5 wood looks like a good score (R-flex)

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

Cleveland Launcher #4 wood

Cobra King Hyper Steel #7 wood

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

Titlelst DCI Black O/S irons 7 8 9 W SW, Lovett chipper

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

> @augustgolf said:

> Already feeling the outer bands up here - hard rains squalls that come and go. Gonna ride it out here...unless it appears that it will really strengthen

Well it is 4:00 AM Thursday morning--- Windy and raining hard here----- Riding it out as SOP for us----- Rocked the neighborhood last night as per tradition played REO Speedwagon song "Riding The Storm Out" cranked up