2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Anyone out there involved in League play at a club (past or present)?

If so, what are the positives and negatives of league membership?

I was in a work league for 2 years, a large federal facility so there were a lot of teams and we played a lot - three 9 hole matches each week for 2 months. I can say that's when I reached my lowest hc of 7. I had been playing about 13 years at that point, 5 of them 'seriously'. Just the repetition and the competition forced me to concentrate. I learned most of my understanding of the golf swing during those years. My partner was a lefty and a good ball striker, he was about a 6. We made the playoffs the first year, got first place the second year.

Sorry for blabbing. I loved playing in a league. If nothing else it forces you to get out there and play competitive rounds regularly. My league was a little 'serious' because of the large roster and not many players knew each other. But a local or CC league is bound to be informal and friendly. I would highly recommend if you have the time to commit.

Thank you for sharing Thug. There are leagues at my home course nearly every night of the week and Saturday mornings. I've been invited to join a few times, as I play so many rounds as a single, but I don't know that I could make this work given my wife's variable schedule.

I have no issues playing as a single, but am thinking of ways to get the competitive juices flowing.

we have a weekly blitz for members and part member (myself) on tuesday that I have played in once. Lots of fun, but my schedule usually has me working most tuesday evenings so its tough. I wish they would do a morning ish league for other age groups besides seniors and ladies. Oh well. only 30 some years until the dream of senior league haha

Forever Changing at this point.......

Scotee Happy Birthday yeah I know I am late but I have been trucking my butt off. Welcome to this extension of mad madness there 19--- I will not not be on much during the week because between trucking and sleeping I am busy. Been pulling 55 to 60 hrs a week yep Rad I feel like a real trucker again!

LOL Stu, you're really pounding the asphalt lately. I hope you have a good

air ride cab and seat that gives a smooth low bounce ride. We need to go

easy on our aging bodies so they're available for golf!

Scotee Happy Birthday yeah I know I am late but I have been trucking my butt off. Welcome to this extension of mad madness there 19--- I will not not be on much during the week because between trucking and sleeping I am busy. Been pulling 55 to 60 hrs a week yep Rad I feel like a real trucker again!

LOL Stu, you're really pounding the asphalt lately. I hope you have a good

air ride cab and seat that gives a smooth low bounce ride. We need to go

easy on our aging bodies so they're available for golf!

Low bounce is a good thing!

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Rather than suggest I change the topic and/or mock me for it (and yes, you just did), I would suggest that you just ignore my posts. Why not go to your favorite beach instead of posting stuff like this? I work with a guy who is always suggesting what others should do with themselves, but doing it passive aggressively in a mocking way. It is quite comical to watch and I feel sorry for him, thinking that he knows what others should be doing. I've often wondered if he is the same way on internet forums.

You were referring to a pic of a wedge in the sand, so I referred back to it. My other point to you was referring to your shot in thicker grass. I was making two points to you. My first point was about your shot you described. My second point was about the sand and the pic (to which you referred to but then made a point about a thick grass shot...confusing...)

FYI, everything I'm explaining to you about bounce is 100% true. Feel free to ignore it or post what you want. I'm not one to tell you what to do or what to post. All I can do is control my own.

First, I don't want to ignore your posts, I think they are quite informative, you know that.

Also, I wasn't referring to the sand. If you see what I said, my words were this "Now, when I'm just off the fringe of the green, in thicker grass, I keep the shaft just as in their pick, so the bounce comes into the ball just as shown... therefore it works just as in the pick..." So thicker grass means grass, not sand.

Next, posting stuff like this? I have been on this thread for months. I think most everyone on here knows me pretty much by now. As you can see I used the smiley emoticon when replying to you. That means happy. I also said "plus we all love you" that means 'we all', just like as in 'all'. I happen to like your posts, so I am not going to ignore them. You are very bright, I learn things from you. Please understand if someone ever disagrees a bit with something you may say, it doesn't mean they don't respect you or still don't think very highly of you, we only have one Ninja. I do promise however that I won't try to meddle in your posts perhaps by trying to just enjoy life a little more by just relaxing or whatever. Not my business. Us old people don't get concerned with physics of swing parts so much as just going out and hitting the ball and having fun. Maybe that's why we talk (to each other) about health. Heck, my sister-in-law just got kicked off of a horse Monday and is in intensive care, might not make it. I have another friend who just died unexpectedly. I had 2 seizures on Saturday. Nobody cares about these things, so whether or not my club bounces or not in the sand.... I played last night in my league. I hit the ball, it went in the hole.

I like your posts. I have opinions too. The world still spins around. Some people calculate at what speed and distance from the sun, while others go to WalMart.

Rather than suggest I change the topic and/or mock me for it (and yes, you just did), I would suggest that you just ignore my posts. Why not go to your favorite beach instead of posting stuff like this? I work with a guy who is always suggesting what others should do with themselves, but doing it passive aggressively in a mocking way. It is quite comical to watch and I feel sorry for him, thinking that he knows what others should be doing. I've often wondered if he is the same way on internet forums.

You were referring to a pic of a wedge in the sand, so I referred back to it. My other point to you was referring to your shot in thicker grass. I was making two points to you. My first point was about your shot you described. My second point was about the sand and the pic (to which you referred to but then made a point about a thick grass shot...confusing...)

FYI, everything I'm explaining to you about bounce is 100% true. Feel free to ignore it or post what you want. I'm not one to tell you what to do or what to post. All I can do is control my own.

First, I don't want to ignore your posts, I think they are quite informative, you know that.

Also, I wasn't referring to the sand. If you see what I said, my words were this "Now, when I'm just off the fringe of the green, in thicker grass, I keep the shaft just as in their pick, so the bounce comes into the ball just as shown... therefore it works just as in the pick..." So thicker grass means grass, not sand.

Next, posting stuff like this? I have been on this thread for months. I think most everyone on here knows me pretty much by now. As you can see I used the smiley emoticon when replying to you. That means happy. I also said "plus we all love you" that means 'we all', just like as in 'all'. I happen to like your posts, so I am not going to ignore them. You are very bright, I learn things from you. Please understand if someone ever disagrees a bit with something you may say, it doesn't mean they don't respect you or still don't think very highly of you, we only have one Ninja. I do promise however that I won't try to meddle in your posts perhaps by trying to just enjoy life a little more by just relaxing or whatever. Not my business. Us old people don't get concerned with physics of swing parts so much as just going out and hitting the ball and having fun. Maybe that's why we talk (to each other) about health. Heck, my sister-in-law just got kicked off of a horse Monday and is in intensive care, might not make it. I have another friend who just died unexpectedly. I had 2 seizures on Saturday. Nobody cares about these things, so whether or not my club bounces or not in the sand.... I played last night in my league. I hit the ball, it went in the hole.

I like your posts. I have opinions too. The world still spins around. Some people calculate at what speed and distance from the sun, while others go to WalMart.

I know you were referring to the pic which was in the sand but for your thicker grass example shot. That is why I made two points to you. Per the science and my first point back to you, bounce had no value in the thick grass shot you described. This is why that was a separate paragraph than my (other) point about the detrimental role of bounce in the sand. If you reread my post in its entirety, I covered your specific point about a thick grass shot as a separate paragraph to cover your point specifically. The following paragraph was about bounce in the sand, of which I always completely understood was never your point.

I took your 'happy' and 'love' post as a means to passive aggressively mock me. That's all. And so I responded accordingly. By referring to some guy you worked with that thinks he is always right and this is comical and sad to you in the same post to me kind of suggests that you thought I was the same as that guy. Sorry if I misunderstood the true nature of your post, but this is how I read into it. Hence why I called it out as passive aggressive.

I also completely understand that not all will agree with me. I never said otherwise. All I'm saying (and will continue if it keeps coming up) is that the 'science' of bounce has been completely misrepresented and 'sold' to ignorant golfers. So if PD or anyone else want to keep up the discussion that it is true, then I'm more than HAPPY to keep refuting it. And when I'm mocked for it, well then I just ENJOY doubling my efforts!

Registered Bladeocrat

I will be opting out in the future.

I don't need to be right and I'm certainly not 'ignorant'. I know what my real world experiences demonstrate and that's what matters.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I will be opting out in the future.

I don't need to be right and I'm certainly not 'ignorant'. I know what my real world experiences demonstrate and that's what matters.

I never said otherwise. All that matters is what is in your head that does. And if you open your mind to other possibilities, you may even change what you think matters. Heck, even your world view may change!

And by ignorant, all I mean is that it is incorrect to think that the clubhead (and hands and arms and shaft) is being rerouted by bounce. You posted a pic and said this made perfect sense to you, so I'm just correcting it. The science doesn't work that way. The high bounce wedge just goes SLOWER through the sand compared to the low bounce one. To not understand this is ignorance of the true science. I never meant for it to mean anything else.

Registered Bladeocrat

PD -

I haven't played in a formal "league" per se in many years. It was fun when I did. Most of my adult life has been spent working form a home office and traveling. Only for brief stints along the way was there a local office I went to daily. In those cases - yes - I played in leagues if you will - and for periods of time I've been a member of semi-private courses that had the usual member-member and member-guest events from scrambles to match-play doo-dads and such...and very much enjoyed them, too.

The one I miss most - is a little "gang" developed. Almost like the Confessions crew. Some were neighborhood folks, some were friends of friends. We all looked up on day and there were 25 or 30 of us and we just joined up once or twice weekly and played. Whomever showed up - that's who played. Didn't matter really who was paired with who. We had little side bets and such and just played. Its was a fantastic time - a million laughs. But that was probably 10 years ago. This community is VERY transient. Lots of bank folks - airline employees - and its not uncommon to make a friend who moves away within a few years. Our little "gang" suffered that attrition. We're down to a handful of us left = some moved - some gave up golf - sadly a couple even passed away.

On the upside and to Sixty's point... as we've aged we've come more and more to appreciate things like the fact we are out there - period. Having lost some of the gang tragically - we come to holes and tee one up for the guy we lost and laugh about some of the stupid crap he said or did. Glass is SO much more than half full as they say. Every now and then - one of the gang who moved away comes back for a visit and we have the BEST time with what's left of the original group. So lots to look forward to even though ultimately our own little home-grown "league" got drastically smaller. What I CAN'T explain is how or why we stopped recruiting new folks to fill the spots as others went away. I have NO good explanation for that at all. Might be because those of us left standing are getting a little older and our world is getting smaller in a way. Back in the day we were all out there in the community more with our kids and local events and such. Maybe that's part of it - I dunno.

Brag post alert! After all it's all about ME and only ME, right? - lol.

I'm the guy you WANT to get paired up with when you go out to a course alone and wonder what goofball you might be forced into 18 or 19 holes with.

YUP - I'm the guy (BRAG BRAG BRAG) who you WANT to get stuck with out there. If you have HALF of a sense of humor - If there is one scintilla of fun in your heart.... my arse will find it, expose it, and make you're outing a blast. You WILL go home having had good fun and you WILL remember it fondly for a LONG time. If you doubt that one - just ask me cause it's all about ME!

Brag - brag - me - me - me - I'm the best.

(Lol - warned you it was coming!)

All kidding aside - I do have fun meeting new folks on the course. I keep reading these posts about "the other guy" who wore a dumb belt - or played a dumb shot - or cheated - or whatever. I swear on a stack of bibles - I just don't meet "that" guy out there that much.... RARELY in fact does another stranger truly show his arse out there. 99% of them are just like us - they have no ill-will and are actually good folks. They're GOLFERS! How bad can they be????

Reason, I always want to be paired up with goofballs like you! Anyone that has fun and demonstrates positivity, IMHO, is the BEST partner.

Registered Bladeocrat

Having just joined a club this year, one of the things I'm looking forward to is meeting some of the other members and trying to get into some regular matches. At this point, having played through college and a pretty fair amount of tournament golf, I need some form of competition or money game to keep my interest. I have a really hard time playing a casual round and staying interested. I'm hoping there are some good players at my club who do a league type thing, but I haven't been around long enough to know.

I know how little I've got to play during school, and that's with playing on a club team, I am terrified of how little I will get to play once I start working...

We all come at golf from different perspectives and I believe we all try to

respect that.

For myself, I tend to be like Sixty in that I play for pure fun and enjoyment

of the game, the course, the equipment and the people. I like that even at

an older age there is still the possibility of improvement and lower scores;

but I won't be practicing until my hands bleed or any of that. I will invest in

it whatever I desire from day to day.

At the end of a round if I had nowhere to go or no one to go to my enjoyment

would be greatly diminished. It would be the same for me if I played alone most

of the time. I just wouldn't play. The people and camaraderie are as much a part

of the game for me as the game itself. Others are different and prefer to play

alone.

I have had what seemed were long spells in my life with much solitude. I don't

hunger for it. I don't hunger for crowds either but I like "company" around me.

I have enjoyed the many many conversations we have had on the various

aspects of the game; from swings to equipment, to courses and the list goes

on and on.

What I enjoy most about GolfWRX is the people. I'm a people person at the

end of the day, lol. The knowledge that I have gained here is pretty awesome

but that alone wouldn't keep me coming back. I come back because of the

friends I have made and I enjoy hanging out with them and shooting the

breeze about a common passion.

The bottom line for me is that no matter what my opinion is on a whole host

of things in this game and beyond; I know what I think is not gonna be that

important to someone else. Everyone in here is smart and has their own

opinions too. I'm not here to influence anyone. I'm here to enjoy their company.

I will speak my mind on something and then let it go. If I keep on harping on

something it isn't going to change anyone's mind about it but I run the risk

they will change their mind about me, and not in a good way, lol.

PD -

I haven't played in a formal "league" per se in many years. It was fun when I did. Most of my adult life has been spent working form a home office and traveling. Only for brief stints along the way was there a local office I went to daily. In those cases - yes - I played in leagues if you will - and for periods of time I've been a member of semi-private courses that had the usual member-member and member-guest events from scrambles to match-play doo-dads and such...and very much enjoyed them, too.

The one I miss most - is a little "gang" developed. Almost like the Confessions crew. Some were neighborhood folks, some were friends of friends. We all looked up on day and there were 25 or 30 of us and we just joined up once or twice weekly and played. Whomever showed up - that's who played. Didn't matter really who was paired with who. We had little side bets and such and just played. Its was a fantastic time - a million laughs. But that was probably 10 years ago. This community is VERY transient. Lots of bank folks - airline employees - and its not uncommon to make a friend who moves away within a few years. Our little "gang" suffered that attrition. We're down to a handful of us left = some moved - some gave up golf - sadly a couple even passed away.

On the upside and to Sixty's point... as we've aged we've come more and more to appreciate things like the fact we are out there - period. Having lost some of the gang tragically - we come to holes and tee one up for the guy we lost and laugh about some of the stupid crap he said or did. Glass is SO much more than half full as they say. Every now and then - one of the gang who moved away comes back for a visit and we have the BEST time with what's left of the original group. So lots to look forward to even though ultimately our own little home-grown "league" got drastically smaller. What I CAN'T explain is how or why we stopped recruiting new folks to fill the spots as others went away. I have NO good explanation for that at all. Might be because those of us left standing are getting a little older and our world is getting smaller in a way. Back in the day we were all out there in the community more with our kids and local events and such. Maybe that's part of it - I dunno.

Our league is a lot of fun, we have pretty much the same group of people from year to year, even though we are a factory of over 500. We started the league many years ago when we were under 100 people but oddly enough only have under 30 golfers you can count on to keep a league stable. One of the funniest parts is the next day when everyone becomes aware of each other's score from the evening's play. We all know we can do better so lots of emails and coffee machine jokes get traded back and forth. I lost 4 balls in the water last night and had a terrible score, but did make some conversation today having driven the green on two par 4's. Sounds good until I reminded them that I am playing the senior tees this year, and one of them was 208 yds. and one was 239 (downhill), so no biggie. It's a very enjoyable league.

PD,i was a member in a league for a lot of years,and like the Judge,our weekly group was reduced over the span of two decades. It was great

fun while it lasted,but as i got older i found it more difficult to actually commit to that time frame. After i retired,i actually found so many things

that i wanted to do,that i found i needed more time,and i dropped out. We still have a group of twelve,but only 3 are in the league. I always

felt that to join a league meant that i was now obligated to BE THERE.....I will say that it was good fun golf,but that was due to none of our

group was interested in any mantel decorations...we were a group of guys who all grew up together,played all sports together,and we truly

just enjoyed each others company. As we all got older,we all found more interests than we had time.....and we are all glad we had the health

to allow us to do other things. I would say a league can be fantastic,and yeah,there will be some members who are gung-ho to win...but

overall,its a good way to play some enjoyable golf. I wish you well ! Have fun !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Soooo. I noticed something funny on my roof. Appeared that one of the shingles at bottom of a ridge flipped up (had this happen to me in our Naperville house). We had some really, really high winds here back in April.

My local handyman was over to help with some patio work and I know he does roofing so I asked if he could clamber up and take a look and if as I suspect, he would just need to bend it back, throw a few nails in it or maybe use some roofing tar to hold it down - like me he took one look at the height on our walk-out level roof and said - pass.

So I called some local roofers - got ahold of one that told me he'd be glad to fix it - minimum $350. Yikes. Now in Naperville, it was on our sunroom and I took my trusty 8' ladder out and just bent it down myself after putting a liberal amount of tar underneath - case closed. Even local roofers I used for other things would work for $90/hr on simple jobs.

So i talked him down to $90 + $30 travel.

No 40 foot ladder and being a bit shy of heights I figure it's worth it and if it turns out to be something worse well then so be it at the cost to shingle the ridge - which is a short one about 6-8'. Sucks that I can't do this simple thing myself. And it's not an option for me, to get up on the front of the house and walk down to the back edge - estimate that roof slope is a 10 - way to steep for me.

On a golf note, the club does a couples 9 hole on Fridays - actually has my wife back out on the links - fun little outing since it's pretty much a shotgun and scramble or other fun little format where you aren't playing your own ball - it's ain't for score. US Open Qualifying today so I stayed away. I've been trying to get a money game up with Stallings, Malnati, and Axley but our calendars just haven't meshed yet :wave:

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Soooo. I noticed something funny on my roof. Appeared that one of the shingles at bottom of a ridge flipped up (had this happen to me in our Naperville house). We had some really, really high winds here back in April.

My local handyman was over to help with some patio work and I know he does roofing so I asked if he could clamber up and take a look and if as I suspect, he would just need to bend it back, throw a few nails in it or maybe use some roofing tar to hold it down - like me he took one look at the height on our walk-out level roof and said - pass.

So I called some local roofers - got ahold of one that told me he'd be glad to fix it - minimum $350. Yikes. Now in Naperville, it was on our sunroom and I took my trusty 8' ladder out and just bent it down myself after putting a liberal amount of tar underneath - case closed. Even local roofers I used for other things would work for $90/hr on simple jobs.

So i talked him down to $90 + $30 travel.

No 40 foot ladder and being a bit shy of heights I figure it's worth it and if it turns out to be something worse well then so be it at the cost to shingle the ridge - which is a short one about 6-8'. Sucks that I can't do this simple thing myself. And it's not an option for me, to get up on the front of the house and walk down to the back edge - estimate that roof slope is a 10 - way to steep for me.

On a golf note, the club does a couples 9 hole on Fridays - actually has my wife back out on the links - fun little outing since it's pretty much a shotgun and scramble or other fun little format where you aren't playing your own ball - it's ain't for score. US Open Qualifying today so I stayed away. I've been trying to get a money game up with Stallings, Malnati, and Axley but our calendars just haven't meshed yet :wave:

Thats a beautiful home ! And the roof makes me glad that I did not choose to be a roofer ! That is steep !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

We were very lucky to have stumbled into it and buy it - we avoided a bidding war by about 1 day.

We've had 2 unsolicited offers to buy it in the 2 years that we have owned it. Think we might be able

to sell it when we decided it's time.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Rad - From my seat you've summed up your game, your life, tenor of your posts, and your online participation VERY well.

The world could always use a few more Rad-ros. Only the rarest of the rare own your level of self-awareness AND awareness of others BOTH at all times in such perfect balance. Not patronizing you one bit Your footprints in the sand speak for themselves.

What I can't do (and long ago gave up trying to do)... is influence the other guy's insistence about whatever hills he opts to personally die on. Don't love the narcissistic and personally humiliating dive-bombing posts... but I have ZERO control over the other guy's means of acting out and putting whatever is in his heart on display. Got my hands full managing my own efforts to be more "Rad-like" both online and in life than to sit in high judgment about what others must or must NOT say or do. LMAO they are gong to fire at will no matter what I think so why bother getting too absorbed in it? Good souls (like yours) shine through the haze.

LMAO - Rad, you ever thought of running for office?

We just had ours re-roofed...

Looks nice. I used to have a window over our attached garage in Naperville so I could climb out onto the roof without a ladder.

Came in handy a number of times. Our pitch was not so steep but on occasions I had to deal with some ice damning - mainly the

valley in the front which faced north - salt in a pair of nylons - like a big sausage - after a couple of hours I could hang from a window

and break up the ice with a hammer - ah, the good times - nothing like that going to happen here in Tn.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Rad - From my seat you've summed up your game, your life, tenor of your posts, and your online participation VERY well.

The world could always use a few more Rad-ros. Only the rarest of the rare own your level of self-awareness AND awareness of others BOTH at all times in such perfect balance. Not patronizing you one bit Your footprints in the sand speak for themselves.

What I can't do (and long ago gave up trying to do)... is influence the other guy's insistence about whatever hills he opts to personally die on. Don't love the narcissistic and personally humiliating dive-bombing posts... but I have ZERO control over the other guy's means of acting out and putting whatever is in his heart on display. Got my hands full managing my own efforts to be more "Rad-like" both online and in life than to sit in high judgment about what others must or must NOT say or do. LMAO they are gong to fire at will no matter what I think so why bother getting too absorbed in it? Good souls (like yours) shine through the haze.

I have zero desire to enter the political realm and suffer through the

required anal exam that comes with it these days... of hyper media.

Maybe, when I was 8 years old, I might have peeked under a girls dress

.......or I dropped out of college....or I've been married 3 times.....or I've

had several careers........I would get roasted and sent back home, licking

my wounds. No thanks. I relish my relative and peaceful anonymity.

For the record there are people out there, I'm sure, that would tell you I'm

a class A A-whole. Can't please everyone.

I once fired a very popular manager, who died a few months after, in a drinking

and drug binge. Nearly everyone blamed his death on me. I didn't see it that

way. It was over 30 years ago.

Looks nice. I used to have a window over our attached garage in Naperville so I could climb out onto the roof without a ladder.

Came in handy a number of times. Our pitch was not so steep but on occasions I had to deal with some ice damning - mainly the

valley in the front which faced north - salt in a pair of nylons - like a big sausage - after a couple of hours I could hang from a window

and break up the ice with a hammer - ah, the good times - nothing like that going to happen here in Tn.

yeah, the pic may be a bit deceiving on that, the window is out of the bedroom, overlooking the driveway, the garage is set back from that. The garage pitch is pretty steep. Out back

there is another longer roofline coming off the garage due to a second room above the workroom in the back of the garage where I do lots of stuff including an area I have set up for some minor club work. Then there's another dining area and a bedroom off the back too with another screened in porch off the back too. It's a nice place, we like it a lot. Finished basement, so it's a bit much for just the two of us with 5 bedrooms and actually 3 family rooms, but after the grandkids convinced us to get smartphones, we realized we could find each other by texting...

yeah, the pic may be a bit deceiving on that, the window is out of the bedroom, overlooking the driveway, the garage is set back from that. The garage pitch is pretty steep. Out back

there is another longer roofline coming off the garage due to a second room above the workroom in the back of the garage where I do lots of stuff including an area I have set up for some minor club work. Then there's another dining area and a bedroom off the back too with another screened in porch off the back too. It's a nice place, we like it a lot. Finished basement, so it's a bit much for just the two of us with 5 bedrooms and actually 3 family rooms, but after the grandkids convinced us to get smartphones, we realized we could find each other by texting...

Love it. We had an intercom back in Naperville - but we just facetime now when we are on different floors and don't want to shout.

We downsized for multiple reasons - but I ended up replacing everything in the house except the roof - and I'm glad I didn't have to since

it was a 4K house and I figured a roof was somewhere in the 15K neighborhood. Luckily it passed the house inspection muster.

At 66, I'm at the point of paying someone else to climb up on the roof etc. I stick to the simple things like painting, minor plumbing and electric,

driveway cracks, .....and spraying for ladybugs - my goodness we get a swarm in the fall - we have a 14X20 house outback that Janeen uses

for her sewing domain - and before we got it fixed up (the guy used it as his wood shop) we had to deal with the thousands of ladybugs that

came out in March - sprayed last fall (and the house too) and she had maybe 100) they are great for the garden etc but we have a wooded lot beside us

and they can come close to darkening the sky in early November when they start seeking a warm place to winter.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

I have zero desire to enter the political realm and suffer through the

required anal exam that comes with it these days... of hyper media.

Maybe, when I was 8 years old, I might have peeked under a girls dress

.......or I dropped out of college....or I've been married 3 times.....or I've

had several careers........I would get roasted and sent back home, licking

my wounds. No thanks. I relish my relative and peaceful anonymity.

For the record there are people out there, I'm sure, that would tell you I'm

a class A A-whole. Can't please everyone.

I once fired a very popular manager, who died a few months after, in a drinking

and drug binge. Nearly everyone blamed his death on me. I didn't see it that

way. It was over 30 years ago.

Had to fire a number of folks myself. I would see it your way too. We provided lots of help for

folks that had addiction problems, unfortunately sometimes people didn't respond.

Had one guy that used the lab phones to dial 1-900 sex lines - just plan stupid - first you

had to sign in and out of the building for after hours (and we ran 24/7) and then you

had to sign into a specific lab - security didn't take long to narrow down the list and catch

him in the act. I only suspended him - first offense.

We had a pretty supportive environment. In the 80s we had openly gay managers and even

one transgender male-female - ended up having her use a separate restroom. This was back in

the early 80s. We had folks of pretty much every size, shape, gender, ethnicity, and geekiness - in all kinds of

positions - learned a lot about human (and my) behavior) in diverse group settings.

Had to deal with numerous sexual harassment situations - some led to firings but most were

suspensions or demotions out of management positions. I don't miss it and really enjoyed

when I retired and came back as a contract engineer - much easier to deal with radio network

controller 3G software than people. LOL.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

GL you would have no trouble finding someone to take that home and view off your hands. Gorgeous!

Sixty that's a beautiful home too!

Here is our old farmhouse. The very same that has me grumbling about the move. I had envisioned becoming quite old here but Mrs. scotee found us a much more practical and equally nice home in a nearby town. According to my rangefinder it is 250 yds. from the West bank of the Snake River on the Washington side and 680 yds. to the bank on the Idaho side. The river view and city lights make a nice view.

The farmhouse was listed late last week after a lot of hard work to get it ready. It will be a happy/sad day when it sells. We hope it is soon. I hate the thought of taking it through the winter when unoccupied. We still have it semi furnished to stage for sale. It is on 4 acres and has a large barn so would be perfect for a family who wants animals.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

GL you would have no trouble finding someone to take that home and view off your hands. Gorgeous!

Sixty that's a beautiful home too!

Here is our old farmhouse. The very same that has me grumbling about the move. I had envisioned becoming quite old here but Mrs. scotee found us a much more practical and equally nice home in a nearby town. According to my rangefinder it is 250 yds. from the West bank of the Snake River on the Washington side and 680 yds. to the bank on the Idaho side. The river view and city lights make a nice view.

The farmhouse was listed late last week after a lot of hard work to get it ready. It will be a happy/sad day when it sells. We hope it is soon. I hate the thought of taking it through the winter when unoccupied. We still have it semi furnished to stage for sale. It is on 4 acres and has a large barn so would be perfect for a family who wants animals.

Very nice. Views sell - along with updated kitchens and baths. I can appreciate the hard work - took me over a year to clean out, paint, etc - my wife though 3 months would do. LOL.

I too hope you don't have to deal with winter and a vacate house. We had to deal with the winter of 14-15 in Naperville while we owned our house in Kodak.

Went smoothly until late February when a series of ice storms and snow hit Eastern TN - school was cancelled for 2 weeks - neighbors looked out for our house and we only lost power for about 3 hours (some places didn't have power for days/weeks). It was nerve racking since we couldn't even drive down since Kentucky was an absolute mess too.

I had a transfer switch installed to make using my generator easy - frig, furnace, outlets in most rooms - the ole scoutmaster in me - be prepared.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

I love seeing the home pics. Some beautiful homes GLK, Sixty and Scoster!

We call our home our "cottage" cause when we downsized, we DOWNSIZED.

We actually live in town, in the town we live in (huh?), but it's a rustic little

neighborhood of about 20 homes in a cove near the boat ramp. Our house

is the smallest house and the furthest house from the water, lol, on about

a 1 acre lot. Some of the lots are up to 3 acres I think.

I have some pics and tried to post them last time you posted pics GLK

but I kept getting the "file size too large" message and gave up posting

them.

Someday I'll figure out how to post the pics though they're getting old

and outdated now.

I love seeing the home pics. Some beautiful homes GLK, Sixty and Scoster!

We call our home our "cottage" cause when we downsized, we DOWNSIZED.

We actually live in town, in the town we live in (huh?), but it's a rustic little

neighborhood of about 20 homes in a cove near the boat ramp. Our house

is the smallest house and the furthest house from the water, lol, on about

a 1 acre lot. Some of the lots are up to 3 acres I think.

I have some pics and tried to post them last time you posted pics GLK

but I kept getting the "file size too large" message and gave up posting

them.

Someday I'll figure out how to post the pics though they're getting old

and outdated now.

get that garage all fixed up?

I'm still waiting on the roofer - guess I should have pinned him down on specific time this afternoon - he called about 20 minutes ago said he was on his way.

such fun

had a house in the neigbhorhood that needed a new roof and is getting one - it was for sale - think it was a foreclosure - went down there yesterday to see

if the roofers were there - it rained in the am - they didn't show up - but i wandered into the house and found a guy redoing the MB tile floor - the place was

an utter disaster - multiple water stains on the ceilings, tore up all the flooring , .... Looks like a flip or someone who got it very cheaply and are doing a complete

redo. Not sure that flipping here in E. Tn is a good idea - Sevier county has a high level of poverty and if it wasn't for Dollywood and the tourism I can imagine

how much more poor it would be and probably was back in the 80s and before. 300K for a house around here is a mansion - lots of double wides.

It's starting to turn up a bit and some growth is happening - but it's safe to say it will never challenge western areas of Knoxville for affluence - best views of the smokies,

lots of friendly people, what else do you need? We though of being over at Marysville area but the view won out over the convenience of shopping etc.

Have shopped enough but morning coffee with smokies just doesn't get old - and though not complete dark the night sky can be spectacular - along with the circling hawks and the

red fox that lives in the wooded area next to our house.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified