2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2016 Dean & DeLuca / The COLONIAL

Stensons3Wood

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange the tournament is being sponsored by a grocery store that doesn't even have a location in TX.

Not yet they are planning a massive expansion into DFW so makes sense plus they sponsored this event so late i bet they get a really good deal.

I like Kirk Zach and Chappell this week. Kisner and Knost are probably my have unit plays this week. Ill see how everyone is hitting it tuesday and wednesday when im out there.

Strange the tournament is being sponsored by a grocery store that doesn't even have a location in TX.

Not yet they are planning a massive expansion into DFW so makes sense plus they sponsored this event so late i bet they get a really good deal.

I like Kirk Zach and Chappell this week. Kisner and Knost are probably my have unit plays this week. Ill see how everyone is hitting it tuesday and wednesday when im out there.

All those guys would make sense. Maybe even Dufner too

But why? Texas already has HEB. You can't beat them.

Driver: Cobra F8+ 8*, Tensei Pro Blue, X-flex
1 iron: Mizuno MP-H5
3 Iron: Srixon U65
Irons: Cleveland 588cb 4-P, Preceision Rifle 6.5, 2*up
Wedges: RTX 3- 50*, 54* and 60*
Putter: EvnRoll 5, 35", 0*, 74*

HEB has little presence in the metroplex. No expert here, but I've heard a bit about this. HEB's main competition is WalMart believe it or not. They are the only one's that can go that low with pricing. Word is when HEB purchased massive amounts of land in DFW, WalMart responded by doing the same in San Antonio, HEB's home turf. I've heard they have agreed to not infringe on each other and started selling some of it off. Don't know the degree of truth, but I used to do business with HEB in the past and it seems a reasonable account of the state of things. I could see a competitor coming in to DFW and making it work.

HEB has little presence in the metroplex. No expert here, but I've heard a bit about this. HEB's main competition is WalMart believe it or not. They are the only one's that can go that low with pricing. Word is when HEB purchased massive amounts of land in DFW, WalMart responded by doing the same in San Antonio, HEB's home turf. I've heard they have agreed to not infringe on each other and started selling some of it off. Don't know the degree of truth, but I used to do business with HEB in the past and it seems a reasonable account of the state of things. I could see a competitor coming in to DFW and making it work.

I grew up in Austin. The HEB's are in the high end neighborhood areas with tennis mom trophy wives shopping there that wouldn't be caught dead in a walmart.

Driver: Cobra F8+ 8*, Tensei Pro Blue, X-flex
1 iron: Mizuno MP-H5
3 Iron: Srixon U65
Irons: Cleveland 588cb 4-P, Preceision Rifle 6.5, 2*up
Wedges: RTX 3- 50*, 54* and 60*
Putter: EvnRoll 5, 35", 0*, 74*

I can't think of any HEB's in dallas. I went to school in Waco and we had them there but i think that is as far north as they go. Most of the stores in dallas are Kroger/Albertsons......wait why am i talking about grocery stores on a golf forum?

I'm picking Spieth to win it!

HEB owns Central Market. lol.

OK enough of this cause now I want fresh seafood. I think this is a fitting thread to say that Colonial is my favorite spectator-friendly course. so many spots to get close to lots of action. My favorite is behind 14 tee. You can see shots into 13 green, all of 14, tee shots on 15 and the middle of 11 (long par 5) without moving around a whole lot. And if you do want to explore and see the whole course, that is doable too. It gets a little crowded late in weekend rounds. but the atmosphere is great and the course is exciting. great event.

There is some truth to that statement but some false stuff too. There is no agreement between Wal-mart and HEB. Wal-mart has purchased land and built quite a few stores in the San Antonio market in the past few years. Wal-mart has targeted the Texas market for expansion because it is one of the few states where they don't have a large market share. Wal-mart isnt the only grocer that is looking at coming into Texas. HEB has not really tried to make much more head way into the Dallas/FtWorth area , at least not that I know of. They have tried with HEB stores in the past but did not do well. They have however found out that it's Central Market stores are competitive in that area. HEB has really worked at targeting their different stores to different markets and demographics.

I'm not buying that line. HEB is quality and WalMart is low price.

http://www.deanandde...nvitational.com

My top 3 to win are :

Kuchar

Snedeker

Matsuyama

Only two Par 5's at Colonial and one of them is 600+ yards.

You have to hit it in the fairway. Compares to Hilton Head. Very much a ball strikers golf course.

I've given up on Kucher. I doubt that he will ever win again.

http://www.deanandde...nvitational.com

My top 3 to win are :

Kuchar

Snedeker

Matsuyama

Only two Par 5's at Colonial and one of them is 600+ yards.

You have to hit it in the fairway. Compares to Hilton Head. Very much a ball strikers golf course.

I've given up on Kucher. I doubt that he will ever win again.

Yeah, I bet Kucher will never win again. But Kuchar may.

I'm going for Adam Scott! Oh and Kuchar to have another top 5 without ever really contending.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

• Notable Americans: Jordan Spieth, Patrick Reed, Brandt Snedeker, Zach Johnson, Matt Kuchar, Kevin Kisner, Jim Furyk, Bill Haas, Kevin Na, Jimmy Walker, Charley Hoffman, Kevin Chappell, Smylie Kaufman, Chris Kirk, Patton Kizzire, Scott Piercy, Robert Streb, Jason Dufner, Bryson DeChambeau.
  • Other notable players: Adam Scott, Louis Oosthuizen, Charl Schwartzel, Danny Lee, Marc Leishman, Anirban Lahiri, Ian Poulter, Freddie Jacobson, Jonas Blixt, Matt Jones, John Senden, Steven Bowditch, Hiroshi Iwata, David Hearn, Siwoo Kim, Vijay Singh.
  • Latin Americans: Emiliano Grillo, Fabián Gómez, Camilo Villegas, Ángel Cabrera.

Horrible name, great course

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

Is this name a joke?

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

Is this name a joke?

No. It's this brand new marketing *thing* called corporate sponsorship. See, a company pays big money and the organization that holds the sporting event changes the name to the name of the title sponsor. Dean & DeLuca is an up and coming specialty grocer. They are sponsoring the tournament. You know how I figured that out?

I googled "Dean and DeLuca."

Is this name a joke?

No. It's this brand new marketing *thing* called corporate sponsorship. See, a company pays big money and the organization that holds the sporting event changes the name to the name of the title sponsor. Dean & DeLuca is an up and coming specialty grocer. They are sponsoring the tournament. You know how I figured that out?

I googled "Dean and DeLuca."

You're new to the Internet and message boards, right?

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]