Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

1 minute ago, bladehunter said:

I hear ya. 

let me tell you about lunch in me casa today. We had squash fried up with potatoe chunks. Bison ground up and made into chili.  For hotdogs. Nice fresh onion on top.  Some cucumber on the side.  And a fresh cantaloupe.  All but the bison and the buns from my farm.   I love this time of year when I can walk outside and collect dinner or lunch.  It was mmmm good!  

Hawww that sound like serious good eats!

Ya we goin to see new Minions movie (don’t ask, I just follow orders 🤣) prolly go get 🍔 and pulled pork sangwiches after. 

We staying away from “high end” restaurants, there’s this trio of thieves goin around go right in fancy restaurants and steal watches and stuff at gunpoint 😳 gotta see if they catch them!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Ya we goin to see new Minions movie (don’t ask, I just follow orders 🤣) prolly go get 🍔 and pulled pork sangwiches after. 

We staying away from “high end” restaurants, there’s this trio of thieves goin around go right in fancy restaurants and steal watches and stuff at gunpoint 😳 gotta see if they catch them!

I laugh because. I just had a guy tell me how safe the city is. I know I know. It’s all relative. But man. I’m griping about raunchy old lady’s. And you got to worry about robbery while you  eat.  I’ll take the old lady I guess. 

I can see the minions movie.  Loved the last few and I’m not easily amused 🤣.  The 80s look villain ( forget his name ) and the music was spot on.  

• Like 1

Callaway mavrik max 8* mmt 70 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Ping Glide forged 53 59 AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

10 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

I laugh because. I just had a guy tell me how safe the city is. I know I know. It’s all relative. But man. I’m griping about raunchy old lady’s. And you got to worry about robbery while you  eat.  I’ll take the old lady I guess. 

I can see the minions movie.  Loved the last few and I’m not easily amused 🤣.  The 80s look villain ( forget his name ) and the music was spot on.  

This crew is nuts! Check it out, they got a pic of them.

https://abc7ny.com/post/2-men-1-woman-wanted-string-watch-jewelry/15053688/

Back in the day, I knew a couple guys robbed of watches but was like 4am getting a cab from a club or something 

I can’t say NYC is safe, but generally if you walked around my hood you’d think you were on Main Street in any town USA. It’s small, 90% of buildings are 1-3 stories, you got tons of stroller moms, cyclists in the park. 

But, always a chance for craziness, more so from mentally disturbed random people. Armed robbery of an individual is not a great risk reward scenario for a crook. Nobody carries cash anymore. 

This watch crew is something, hope they catch them but I’m thinking they blew town with all this heat!

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Back in the day, I knew a couple guys robbed of watches but was like 4am getting a cab from a club or something 

I can’t say NYC is safe, but generally if you walked around my hood you’d think you were on Main Street in any town USA. It’s small, 90% of buildings are 1-3 stories, you got tons of stroller moms, cyclists in the park. 

But, always a chance for craziness, more so from mentally disturbed random people. Armed robbery of an individual is not a great risk reward scenario for a crook. Nobody carries cash anymore. 

This watch crew is something, hope they catch them but I’m thinking they blew town with all this heat!

Yep. I’m sure. I’ve seen your pics. Does look like anytown USA.   Down  here I’d be more worried about friendly cross fire if a gang hit a restaurant 🤣.  Not joking. We played “ spot the sidearm “ in a restaurant one night and stopped at 7. In fairness I’m fairly confident 4 were cops of some  sort.  

• Like 1

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

28 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

anyone want to buy a used luxury watch?

large inventory, good selection, low prices.

my website.

https://youtube.com/shorts/SXHMnicI6Pg?si=TkUhe5Tszpuk2ROS

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key

13 hours ago, Duct Tape said:

Been away a while. Anything new happen? 🤓

Range rant -  there should be a special place in golf purgatory for the person who does this on the range. 

WTF?  Shanks for life for you! 

IMG_3264.jpeg

Hate to say it but it is prevalent here too. Most these days do not know or care anything about golf etiquette much less course maintenance. I did talk our owner into putting sand boxes and scoops on our range. And I cannot blame what you are showing above on just tourists either. We have locals too that either do not know or do not care.

I know back in the spring I had finished a range session. I was filling in my divots and some I did not make. This idiot on the range asked me if I worked there? I told him no I was just a member who had pride and cared about my course. He said he would not ever do the job of the staff. I told him in no uncertain terms that we did not need hats with his attitude playing our course. 

Right now we are running a $29 special due to green aeration and like 3 terrible greens. IMHO it is bringing out what I call plainly and bluntly "golf trash". One of my buds and I played early yesterday morning. We went off the back since the front was already stacked. We had a group of what is called "bro golfers" playing an 8 some playing apparently a scramble. Had the front side backed up. We went around them and called the club house. The cart guy/starter had no idea what was going on. He went out and told them and split them up. He told us later on that those guys were in genuine shock being told they could not play an 8 some. Our course in general does not have Rangers. I know our owner needs to run the specials to try to make some money right now because he has put a lot of money into it recently. The starter came around and found us and told us to look back and across and keep an eye on them. He also had a group of fellow members like 2 groups behind them keeping an eye on things. He said that the owner via phone had told him if they ganged up again after being split up to throw them off the course with no refund. We finished our round and played #1 and went home. 

Yep people these days have a sense of entitlement especially the younger ones. I do not know if those guys attempted to pair up again. I will hear it today one way or the other. 

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

Irons 5 thru 9 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

PW-- 1962 Macgregor FC-400 11 iron Pro Pel 2 shaft

SW -- Callaway Mac Daddy 52* 

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Ping Zing 2 SS Fluted Bulls Eye shaft

Down to only 11 clubs playing the best since my accident

17 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Forgive me for laughing but the way you tell the story it sounds like an x-rated episode of Seinfeld Del Boca Vista 🤣

Actually I recall reading that retirement communities are totally swinger central now! 

The retirement communities especially The Villages in Florida are swinger central. I have read several articles that state The Villages have the highest VD rate of anywhere in the USA

One of my old golf buds who was widowed and retired visited his brother who lives down there. He came back up here promptly sold his house and moved there. Have not heard from him since do not know if he died from social disease or a heart attack or is still living

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, bladehunter said:

I hear ya. 

let me tell you about lunch in me casa today. We had squash fried up with potatoe chunks. Bison ground up and made into chili.  For hotdogs. Nice fresh onion on top.  Some cucumber on the side.  And a fresh cantaloupe.  All but the bison and the buns from my farm.   I love this time of year when I can walk outside and collect dinner or lunch.  It was mmmm good!  

Well if you have the cukes and lopes in then we should be able to get some fresh local from Pageland, Mc Bee or Jefferson then along with some melons

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

Down here that could be bad news for the thieves since we went open carry. Most around here pack heat anyhow when going out

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bladehunter said:

Yep. I’m sure. I’ve seen your pics. Does look like anytown USA.   Down  here I’d be more worried about friendly cross fire if a gang hit a restaurant 🤣.  Not joking. We played “ spot the sidearm “ in a restaurant one night and stopped at 7. In fairness I’m fairly confident 4 were cops of some  sort.  

Yep "friendly fire" could be an issue. A stray bullet has no conscience. The last time we ran at Laurens a big fight broke out in the pits. We were not involved in fact it was not even having to do with our division. I pushed my son and wife under the van. My son said in all innocence that the fight had nothing to do with us. That was when I told him about the stray bullet. 

Like one of the guys on a local racing blog said "Laurens is the only place that everyone ducks when a car backfires because there you do not know"

I do know we never went back. I came to race not get into a gunfight. Oh yes I pulled my mess out of the van which BTW I was authorized to carry since I was an Auxiliary Deputy in Cherokee County at the time.

I know they tried to organize a big 4 cylinder race there one time. Some of their stupid rules was no mirrors on the cars. They said they could be used for blocking a car behind you. First off for me it is a safety factor. They were trying to get all the hot shoes from Cherokee there. I wasted my time and went to the meeting and pointed out the safety factor on mirrors. The boneheads there said a mirror could be misused. I asked if a fire extinguisher was required? They said yes. I said well that could be misused too. Another stupid rule they had. I had Halon 121 systems in 2 of our cars since they were NASCAR Goodys Dash legal. They said you still had to have a hand extinguisher. In fact the one night I went there at the "gunfight at the Laurens Corall" they told me I had to have a hand held mounted extinguisher even though I had the Halon system. I had said screw it and had loaded back up and not ran. I actually told them to put it where the sun did not shine and walked out. Cotton found out the next week I had went to the meeting. With a twinkle in his eye he asked if I was running there? I told him no way. He said wise man because you can out run them and when you do they will wreck you. He was amused on the fire extinguisher and mirror rules. He further stated well you wasted your time and gas going to the meeting. Yep I told him. He said well you are getting older and wiser you live and learn.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Yep "friendly fire" could be an issue. A stray bullet has no conscience. The last time we ran at Laurens a big fight broke out in the pits. We were not involved in fact it was not even having to do with our division. I pushed my son and wife under the van. My son said in all innocence that the fight had nothing to do with us. That was when I told him about the stray bullet. 

Like one of the guys on a local racing blog said "Laurens is the only place that everyone ducks when a car backfires because there you do not know"

I do know we never went back. I came to race not get into a gunfight. Oh yes I pulled my mess out of the van which BTW I was authorized to carry since I was an Auxiliary Deputy in Cherokee County at the time.

I know they tried to organize a big 4 cylinder race there one time. Some of their stupid rules was no mirrors on the cars. They said they could be used for blocking a car behind you. First off for me it is a safety factor. They were trying to get all the hot shoes from Cherokee there. I wasted my time and went to the meeting and pointed out the safety factor on mirrors. The boneheads there said a mirror could be misused. I asked if a fire extinguisher was required? They said yes. I said well that could be misused too. Another stupid rule they had. I had Halon 121 systems in 2 of our cars since they were NASCAR Goodys Dash legal. They said you still had to have a hand extinguisher. In fact the one night I went there at the "gunfight at the Laurens Corall" they told me I had to have a hand held mounted extinguisher even though I had the Halon system. I had said screw it and had loaded back up and not ran. I actually told them to put it where the sun did not shine and walked out. Cotton found out the next week I had went to the meeting. With a twinkle in his eye he asked if I was running there? I told him no way. He said wise man because you can out run them and when you do they will wreck you. He was amused on the fire extinguisher and mirror rules. He further stated well you wasted your time and gas going to the meeting. Yep I told him. He said well you are getting older and wiser you live and learn.

Ye. I always heard that. My grandpa said that if you outran them then you’d have to fight your way out.  Like a rigged poker game.  You needed several backups watching Your 6. Just not worth it.  Let them crap in their own sandbox. 

• Thanks 1

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Posting live from the 5th tee box.

IMG_0647.jpeg.532513bdf243ddae87e551ba5b2a4ee7.jpeg

Story of my round today. 😂

Edited by SnowbirdTom

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS driver - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue CK-6 x-flex

Srixon ZX 3 & 7 fairway woods - Aerotech Ti-Fiber Tour 70 stiff

Callaway Paradym X 5 hybrid - GD Tour AD IZ-85S

Epon AF-302 irons 5-PW JDM GD Tour AD 95 stiff

Fourteen DJ-5 50*/54*/58* wedges JDM - NS Pro TS-114

Taylormade Spider GT-X putter

Sun Mountain blue mid-stripe stand bag

I flipped thru some stuff yesterday after watching 🇪🇸 win some hardware. I saw some group in the Lake Tahoe event had been waiting on the tee box for 30 minutes 😳 and balls still weren’t on the tee, forget about in the air. 

I got up and went to do something else.

• Like 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

Ping G430 Max HL 9W….+2”

PXG 0211 hybrids, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - GW….+3.5”

Cleveland Smart Sole GW, SW

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

I do like Dominican food, the place where the picture above was taken is a Cigar lounge in a Spanish restaurant (in santo domingo) and the Owner is from Northern Spain, the food is very tasty and we sit around eating tapas and having a rum or jameson depending on the mood and of course a cigar.

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  4 -11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

3 hours ago, SnowbirdTom said:

Who let some tattooed savage on a golf course?!?!?

Jeezus, just letting anyone on these days 😂

• Haha 2

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB, Vokey 50.8°F LA GOLF L Series 

56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

Oy, this is painful to watch ... 

You ain't Mike, dawg. 

Damn, I hate what became of the company I helped build. 

Edited by aenemated

5 hours ago, SnowbirdTom said:

What watch is that?

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19° Hybrid

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 4-PW

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping Redwood Anser

Feelings aren't facts.

2 hours ago, Jim53 said:

I do like Dominican food, the place where the picture above was taken is a Cigar lounge in a Spanish restaurant (in santo domingo) and the Owner is from Northern Spain, the food is very tasty and we sit around eating tapas and having a rum or jameson depending on the mood and of course a cigar.

My wife and I got the worst case of food poisoning ever in DR. Other than that it was a great vacation.:classic_biggrin:

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Ping G430 19° Hybrid

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping Redwood Anser

Feelings aren't facts.

39 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

What watch is that?

Apple Watch 9, just got it this morning and test Arccos app on it. Not right, may have to delete and reinstall it, but crashing and generally being difficult for me.

• Thanks 1

Srixon ZX5 Mk II LS driver - Mitsubishi Tensei Blue CK-6 x-flex

Srixon ZX 3 & 7 fairway woods - Aerotech Ti-Fiber Tour 70 stiff

Callaway Paradym X 5 hybrid - GD Tour AD IZ-85S

Epon AF-302 irons 5-PW JDM GD Tour AD 95 stiff

Fourteen DJ-5 50*/54*/58* wedges JDM - NS Pro TS-114

Taylormade Spider GT-X putter

Sun Mountain blue mid-stripe stand bag

59 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Oy, this is painful to watch ... 

You ain't Mike, dawg. 

Damn, I hate what became of the company I helped build. 

Whats the deal with dollar shave club?

I mean, it’s not a dollar. 

Why do I need to get razors and shaving cream delivered? Who even shaves everyday anymore? I’ll just be up with boxes of unused razors all over the place 

Should I subscribe to Dollar shampoo club? Dollar soap club? Toothpaste.

Heres an idea, just be normal, go to the drug store with wife, and grab a bag of Gillettes while she’s buying $9,000 worth of stuff 🤣

IMG_5485.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Whats the deal with dollar shave club?

I mean, it’s not a dollar. 

Why do I need to get razors and shaving cream delivered? Who even shaves everyday anymore? I’ll just be up with boxes of unused razors all over the place 

Should I subscribe to Dollar shampoo club? Dollar soap club? Toothpaste.

Heres an idea, just be normal, go to the drug store with wife, and grab a bag of Gillettes while she’s buying $9,000 worth of stuff 🤣

IMG_5485.jpeg

Aw man ... now I'm, all nostalgic.

On recent conversation ..

Mike Dubin is an amazing, kind and rad fella. I love that man and I miss working with and talking with him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, braincramp52 said:

My wife and I got the worst case of food poisoning ever in DR. Other than that it was a great vacation.:classic_biggrin:

It is certainly possible, I have been lucky to most always be with a local and he steers me away from questionable selections.

Never eat anything off the street carts and generally stay away from things like salad washed in the local water or anything with mayonnaise in it. But that goes for all of South America and the Caribbean.

I spent two weeks in Coco,  Ecuador on the edge of the Amazon and no lie ate nothing that was not fried to death the whole time or out of a can or bottle I saw opened.

Being on this new Arthritis shot (enbrel) now an internal infection could kill me. So I am very careful.

• Like 3

Callaway Smoke TD Max 9* GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  4 -11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, Jim53 said:

It is certainly possible, I have been lucky to most always be with a local and he steers me away from questionable selections.

Never eat anything off the street carts and generally stay away from things like salad washed in the local water or anything with mayonnaise in it. But that goes for all of South America and the Caribbean.

I spent two weeks in Coco,  Ecuador on the edge of the Amazon and no lie ate nothing that was not fried to death the whole time or out of a can or bottle I saw opened.

Being on this new Arthritis shot (enbrel) now an internal infection could kill me. So I am very careful.

We got it from the buffet at the resort we were staying at. Normally I have a cast iron stomach but we didn't leave the room for two days. 

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Ping G430 19° Hybrid

Ping Glide 58ES

Ping Redwood Anser

Feelings aren't facts.

2 hours ago, SnowbirdTom said:

Apple Watch 9, just got it this morning and test Arccos app on it. Not right, may have to delete and reinstall it, but crashing and generally being difficult for me.

wait, you mean some software didn’t work? do that in front of developer today, and they’ll say something like:

”oh, i see what you did wrong.” 🙂

• Haha 1

i don’t need no stinkin’ shift key