Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Reading thru the other Forums.... Found the most interesting . deep thought provoking, question of the day.

Takes some really golf obsessed folks to come up with this one

" What is the best pin to mark your ball with"?

I dont see how that can be beat !

Wriggs is our resident pen aficionado. Do they make a Mont Blanc sharpie? :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Reading thru the other Forums.... Found the most interesting . deep thought provoking, question of the day.

That is going to break the internet.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Hopefully neighbors won't hate this one. Enjoy.

One of the most pleasant songs ever written, I have followed many singers and musitions attempting it, takes a certain skill to pull it off.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

pl

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

It's Friday and that means.......................new itunes releases...................

I go on there every Friday to see what's new. It's become a new addiction, like golf, eBay...and the

list keeps growing.

Cobi and I have those rock looking speakers outside in back. We both love music and have it playing

out back constantly during the day and into the night. Hard to explain but music just sounds really good

outside and the way we are situated we get a little echo effect too. We don't really crank it up loud but

keep it at low to medium volume. On the front and back of our house there are just woods and the homes

to the sides of us are far enough away that no one has ever complained in the 15 years we've been doing

it. The birds like it too. They fly in and perch in the trees and do singalongs.....or dance on the ground

looking for little crawlers to eat.

We have a neighbour that likes rap, loud, with all the windows open. Don’t mind good quality music but rap is crap.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Radro - you, Me, Peanuts Dad, Stu, and I believe Fella have all gamed those Mac VIP combos that morph from blades to muscle cavities. Not one of us has ever reported the six iron plays better or worse than the seven. I gamed Ping Eye2s for decades.

I ain't taking no oath to only play this or that. The case for or against either in my book is closed. A good or bad shot is about the Indian. Gimme something that reasonably fits with the right shaft and I'll go play.

May those intent on unpacking it ad nauseum live to be 200 years old. To each his own. It has ceased to be of the slightest interest here. I can live quite happily with what I've explored and where I've arrived. Like you say, no hard feelings. I'm one crispy critter on the subject.

[media=]

[/media]

Wow!! That is some serious finger work and a very creative rendition. Love all the exotic harmonies.

That is not just amazing guitar skill but amazing musical skills too. It seems that humanity just keeps

getting better and better at doing things. I have been blown away by these young musicians.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

One of the most pleasant songs ever written, I have followed many singers and musitions attempting it, takes a certain skill to pull it off.

Tol one of the things that blows me away is the mere fact that tune is 80 years old. Most people alive back then are gone. The cars of the day are melted down. The world has gone through wars. Everything about everyday life is different. But that iconic song still lives.

I find it no small surprise that it, like our fellowship here, is about hope and possibilities ahead of negativity and ugliness.

Some things just endure. Even when all else fails to.

Ha. Not even worth searching out for the chuckle factor. I rarely to never mark my ball. Play Wilson FG Tours (recently restocked on the cheap) or Snell MTB. No need to mark. Never encounter anyone else in the wild playing either. But I do have a red sharpie in the bag if needed. Single dot below the number is a sufficient identifier. Like my balls to remain pristine.

That is until I no longer give a shizzle what ball I'm whacking due to playing so poorly. (And to conserve my pristine ones from getting lost. I loathe losing a new, primo ball.) Grab any old ball that comes out of the bag. Use the strategically placed cart path and tree limb scuffs for identification purposes.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Another old memory, if anyone can relate; maybe not.

When we were kids if some place was far away, it didn't matter where....we called it Cucamonga. Pronounced

Kook-a-monga. I guess we got it from our parents...or someone.......so if some place was far in our minds we'd

say "wow, that's way out in Cucamonga".

We didn't know until we got older that there really is a town called Cucamonga....it wasn't just lore and it wasn't

that far away. Today it's called Rancho Cucamonga......Californians like the word Rancho; makes a place seem

more than it is if you put Rancho in front of the name. Actually, just put some Spanish in the name and it adds

something......Marina Del Rey...............Laguna Niguel...........San Juan Capistrano....you get the idea.

Gotta remember Father Junipero Serra walked the state along a route called the El Camino Real and built the

famous Californa Missions in I think the 1600s so there's a rich Spanish history in the state.

Oddly, one town; Temecula...changed their name to Rancho Temecula and then changed it back to just Temecula

again. Don't know the story behind it; just remember it being done. Crazy Callfornians.

Another old memory, if anyone can relate; maybe not.

When we were kids if some place was far away, it didn't matter where....we called it Cucamonga. Pronounced

Kook-a-monga. I guess we got it from our parents...or someone.......so if some place was far in our minds we'd

say "wow, that's way out in Cucamonga".

We didn't know until we got older that there really is a town called Cucamonga....it wasn't just lore and it wasn't

that far away. Today it's called Rancho Cucamonga......Californians like the word Rancho; makes a place seem

more than it is if you put Rancho in front of the name. Actually, just put some Spanish in the name and it adds

something......Marina Del Rey...............Laguna Niguel...........San Juan Capistrano....you get the idea.

Gotta remember Father Junipero Serra walked the state along a route called the El Camino Real and built the

famous Californa Missions in I think the 1600s so there's a rich Spanish history in the state.

Oddly, one town; Temecula...changed their name to Rancho Temecula and then changed it back to just Temecula

again. Don't know the story behind it; just remember it being done. Crazy Callfornians.

I remember Temecula from my out west trucking travels--- I think there is one in New Mexico too---- I do remember which ever one it was had a hole in the wall Truck Stop that had fantastic homemade Mexican/ Spanish or Tex Mex food whatever you call it.

The only train I have ever been on is called Tweetsie Railroad up in Boone NC. It is a old coal fired train that goes around one of the smaller mountains and is a Tourist attraction complete with indian attacks etc ( wonder if that is PC now?). Do not know if it is still operating. Main thing I remember about it is wherever they got the locomotive they hauled it there. A heavy haul trucking company called Moss Trucking in Charlotte hauled it up there. They used to have billboards up around Charlotte with pics saying "Tweetsie Specified Moss Shouldn't you? I was always intrigued by that 57 GMC Tri Axle diesel tractor pulling it. One of the old man's friends was actually the driver that pulled it. They built the trailer on site to pull it. Later on I got hooked up with someone there and they still had that rig out back sorta in storage. I had started driving trucks myself and was flabbergasted by the whole set up. That company is long out of business so I do not know where the rig is now or if it still exists. Kinda got reminded of it yesterday. I hauled a load to CMC metals in Columbia SC . In one of their equipment yards they have a fully restored 1951 International single axle tractor. Of course hell yeah I had to look. It is in immaculate shape and still runs good. They move their trailers around the maintenance yard with it and sometimes put it in parades etc. Yeah I love old trucks and airplanes almost as much as I love old golf clubs.

Just looked it up Tweetsie is still running . I do not know how to link but if you look up Moss Trucking hauls Tweetsie railroad there are pics of the rig and the old billboard in Charlotte. The billboard brought back pleasant memories because it was at Atando Avenue and Tryon Street in Charlotte which is North Charlotte. BTW my memory is fading the truck was only a tandem not a triplex

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Ha. Not even worth searching out for the chuckle factor. I rarely to never mark my ball. Play Wilson FG Tours (recently restocked on the cheap) or Snell MTB. No need to mark. Never encounter anyone else in the wild playing either. But I do have a red sharpie in the bag if needed. Single dot below the number is a sufficient identifier. Like my balls to remain pristine.

That is until I no longer give a shizzle what ball I'm whacking due to playing so poorly. (And to conserve my pristine ones from getting lost. I loathe losing a new, primo ball.) Grab any old ball that comes out of the bag. Use the strategically placed cart path and tree limb scuffs for identification purposes.

I play Snell MTB Red. Now they have the new ball this year. Still have the MTB black, but the Snell MTB-X is the latest taking the place of the red. I guess you and I should start marking our balls, being at the Grille means we play on the same course. Of course I play #68 as of next Thursday... :happy:

Jumping round and changing subject for no reason is also what happens after retirement, too much time on your hands to think what used to be.

Too much time on my hands in a minute...

One Dog Night coming to our town. Danny Hutton is the only one left. One is the loneliest number... http://www.midlandtheatre.org/tdn.html

So today is the Ides of March. Reading up on it (never made sense to me, as I read down) As you can see in this wiki article, https://en.wikipedia...Ides_of_March under the religious portion, one of the observances is: This observance, which has aspects of scapegoat or ancient Greek pharmakos ritual, involved beating an old man dressed in animal skins and perhaps driving him from the city. The ritual may have been a new year festival representing the expulsion of the old year. So I guess I'll go get some animal skins today :yes:

And finally, being of the retired persuasion, back to "Too Much Time on My Hands"

[media=]

[/media]

"One" by Three Dog Night---- That can be a haunting song it you are playing it through a good sound system with good speakers and just the right amount of echo

Radro - you, Me, Peanuts Dad, Stu, and I believe Fella have all gamed those Mac VIP combos that morph from blades to muscle cavities. Not one of us has ever reported the six iron plays better or worse than the seven. I gamed Ping Eye2s for decades.

I ain't taking no oath to only play this or that. The case for or against either in my book is closed. A good or bad shot is about the Indian. Gimme something that reasonably fits with the right shaft and I'll go play.

May those intent on unpacking it ad nauseum live to be 200 years old. To each his own. It has ceased to be of the slightest interest here. I can live quite happily with what I've explored and where I've arrived. Like you say, no hard feelings. I'm one crispy critter on the subject.

Agree. All the various blade threads that keep popping up has become tiresome. The usual suspects keep making the same comments ad nauseam. Mostly just ignore them. Other than a quick confirmation scan to confirm my suspicions. The only one of merit is Biggie's Blade Users Thread because the mandate has been to keep it on topic and civil. The participants seem to abide by the rules. I find it mildly interesting.

The '99 Hogans are a combo set. Making the break at the 6 iron. For no particular reason, could have gone either way. And cannot tell much difference either way. Then again, not interested in using any iron from beyond 150 yards. Got other implements that are easier to hit and more affective with. I know my limitations. And I've never owned a set of VIP's. Although I'd like to try them at some point in time. Just because.

Then again, don't play bladey ones to necessarily improve score, lower handicap, conform or not, etc. (Although the Hogans proved to be an alternative to the i20's when I was struggling with those. Especially with the short game.) Play them periodically because they're fun, something different. And I've already proven to myself that I can hit a golf ball with one when......I MAKE A GOOD SWING ON THE BALL. It's really that simple.

LOL if you remember way back in the day there were no Sharpies. But Balata balls were so soft you could imprint the marks with a lead scorecard pencil. One of my winter jobs. Resharpening pencils. The old man did buy a electric sharpener. That was one of my winter jobs along with striping lake balls for range balls. But believe it or not I liked it. Did all of this in the range shack away from everyone. Our range shack was basically a 14 x 14 building. Had heat and A/C. Used to crank up the radio and the heat and jam and work away.

I saw all of that last night.. I never bother to comment only gets arguments started. I did not even post a beating the dead horse icon on it. I for one am going to play what I want to when I want to and could give two hoots less what someone else says or thinks. On the other hand I could care two hoots less what someone else plays either

LOL if you remember way back in the day there were no Sharpies. But Balata balls were so soft you could imprint the marks with a lead scorecard pencil. One of my winter jobs. Resharpening pencils. The old man did buy a electric sharpener. That was one of my winter jobs along with striping lake balls for range balls. But believe it or not I liked it. Did all of this in the range shack away from everyone. Our range shack was basically a 14 x 14 building. Had heat and A/C. Used to crank up the radio and the heat and jam and work away.

Cool job. How did they get the balls out of the lake back then? Did somebody just swim down for them or did they have some kind of underwater suit like some do now? I saw an article somewhere, where a guy does that for a living, even in GC lakes that have alligators in them. He has the tank and whole bit. Dang.

Edit:

Here it is...

https://www.golf.com...ls-golf-courses

Edit:

Here's another guy at TPC Sawgrass

Wriggs is our resident pen aficionado. Do they make a Mont Blanc sharpie? :)

That's a good question. I have a Cross 10K Selectip pen I bought in 1981. Back then, it was about $30. You could change the ink cartridges for ball point, rollerball, and soft tip. The soft tip was very fine point, unlike a Sharpie. Closely resembled the tip on a cheap disposable PaperMate (I can't remember the model name) that had the same type fine tip. I got a lot of compliments on that gold pen.

I used that Cross well into the 1990's. The plastic grip section cracked form use, and I sent it back to Cross for free repair. They sent me a new pen, and I haven't used it since. Still sits in the gift box I bought the original.

A decade or so ago, a department store had a closeout of Cross pens. Really hideous color fountain pens, for $4. I bought two. Some time later, a Big Lots store had black plastic Cross Selectip pens for $2. I bought three, heck the rollerball refills were over $2 each. The fountain pen grip and mechanism sections fit exactly into the nice black Selectip pens. So, I had two beautiful black fountain pens with gold trim. I gifted one "reworked" fountain pen, and still have the other. I must have given or thrown away the ugly pens, for I still have one black fountain pen, and the black Selectip.

I think the model name was Cross Solo. Cheaper pens, that came in the vivid colors. Guess they didn't catch on with the stuffy, pen trade.

I've noticed in later years, my fingers cannot grip a slender pen properly. I've taken to the bigger body pens. A bank in this area, Huntington, (Bill and Sixty may know of) gives out black and green pens like candy. The bank has baskets of them, and hopefully, people take just one or two. Anyhow, the rubberized grip section slips off, and can be used on narrower diameter pens to make gripping easier. I've used them on my ancient Parker Jotter (1958) and others. The ink cartridges on the bank pens fit Parkers and others. Writing quality is excellent.

Excuse me for droning on about pens. I've loved writing instruments all my life.

PS: The Jinhao fountain pen I got recently, is a very fine pen. Writes better than my discounted Mont Blanc I bought 25 years ago.

Take care, gents.

Thursday night we had two lines of severe thunderstorms roll through with vivd lightening and torrential rain. A couple of tornados touched down appx. 15 miles north of us, causing property damage to about 40 buildings. Thankfully, no one was injured. Yesterday was an all day rain, with falling temps. Cold, damp and miserable. Sitting here composing as I watch a heavy snow squall thats deposited about an inch. The ground is once again all white. Not trying to be depressed, the weather cannot be controlled. So not worth expending the emotion. It is what it is. But give me a break!! Pure Michigan.

Gradual improvement throughout next week. Need to have the ground dry out significantly before venturing onto a golf course. Fella don't mud. Looking at the long range, perhaps a week from Monday. A run of sunny days with temps slowly creeping into the 50's. And that's as optimistic as I can discern.

Took the new irons to my bender to have the lies adjusted. Picked them up yesterday. The usual hour plus spent in his shop yaking golf. Always has a couple of people sitting around there as well. Kinda like a barber shop. Get them home and place them back into the bag. Only to realize that I forgot to take the 7 iron. It was sorta hiding out of position amongst the woods. And I did not take inventory of what I grabbed. What a stupe. Senior moment fo' sure.

Did anyone notice that the Alcohol, sex, and golf topic seems to have been removed?

I wondered why it didn't get censored immediately.

Not until, you mentioned it. I read it and responded early on. It seemed to be within the boundaries of what is acceptable here at that point in time. Sometimes it's difficult to know what trips a moderator's wire. I suspect that it all comes down to the number of complaints considering how long it was up and running.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Thursday night we had two lines of severe thunderstorms roll through with vivd lightening and torrential rain. A couple of tornados touched down appx. 15 miles north of us, causing property damage to about 40 buildings. Thankfully, no one was injured. Yesterday was an all day rain, with falling temps. Cold, damp and miserable. Sitting here composing as I watch a heavy snow squall thats deposited about an inch. The ground is once again all white. Not trying to be depressed, the weather cannot be controlled. So not worth expending the emotion. It is what it is. But give me a break!! Pure Michigan.

Gradual improvement throughout next week. Need to have the ground dry out significantly before venturing onto a golf course. Fella don't mud. Looking at the long range, perhaps a week from Monday. A run of sunny days with temps slowly creeping into the 50's. And that's as optimistic as I can discern.

Took the new irons to my bender to have the lies adjusted. Picked them up yesterday. The usual hour plus spent in his shop yaking golf. Always has a couple of people sitting around there as well. Kinda like a barber shop. Get them home and place them back into the bag. Only to realize that I forgot to take the 7 iron. It was sorta hiding out of position amongst the woods. And I did not take inventory of what I grabbed. What a stupe. Senior moment fo' sure.

Sounds like you'll have plenty of time to get it adjusted. I still haven't begun working on my putter build. Perhaps this coming week, not that it's a big job anyway.

-----------------------------------

DW is playing in a mixed bonspiel today with friends. Two games and you get fed both lunch and dinner, so I will be on my own, food wise, as it's being catered based on the number of entries. I'll be getting some takeout I guess.

It's nearing the end with only three weeks of league play left and then the club championships. Soon our minds will have turned to greener things. Wondering if I should begin to do a bit of yard clean-up as the snow and ice are now all gone. Seems a bit premature though as I often have everything cleared by the third week of March only to have to do it over again in April after the inevitable ice/wind storms that follow.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

When I first started my former profession,I purchased a silver Cross pen ,because I was so enthused and my hat size had almost doubled.

Being nudged,encouraged and such,i had to install a new cartridge every 15 months or so , due to prolific writing . By the time I retired, I had

to install a new one every 15 months or so,because the old one had dried up from lack of use. Such is the realities of life looking forward to retirement !

But, they were beautiful pens. Maybe it was the weight,but no other pen felt the same as a Cross. I still have it. Somewhere. I think.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Recently tested (for grins):

* Afore mentioned Titleist driver.

*. Caallaway Apex irons (2018)

* Mizzy mp33

* Ping G irons (Sonny Boy's)

* One Nike VR 7 iron

Personal conclusions... Didn't hate any of the above. Must confess those Cally irons were SWEET. But not about to lay down the greenbacks to own them.

All of the above kept reminding me personally how much I need the right shaft first and foremost. In my hands, that's where a lot of rubber meets the road.

////////////

Scomacer, keep us posted on that putter build. Sounds like great fun. Nice bit of pride in ownership awaits.

When I first started my former profession,I purchased a silver Cross pen ,because I was so enthused and my hat size had almost doubled.

Being nudged,encouraged and such,i had to install a new cartridge every 15 months or so , due to prolific writing . By the time I retired, I had

to install a new one every 15 months or so,because the old one had dried up from lack of use. Such is the realities of life looking forward to retirement !

But, they were beautiful pens. Maybe it was the weight,but no other pen felt the same as a Cross. I still have it. Somewhere. I think.

Have have mentioned before, golf and pretty much all endeavors are right handed here. But writing and eating implements are done lefty.

This for some stupid reason left me dragging the back of my left hand right thru all written work resulting in a smeared mess plus a filthy left hand. A smarter man than me would have figured out how to avoid making a mess of everything. Bottom line, I judged writing implements on the basis of writing smoothly when being pushed rather than pulled over paper, and how fast the ink dried.

Lol - Calligraphy was NOT in the cards. Ink cartridges were a mess waiting to happen.

Always envied great penmanship. A skill never once owned here.

Have have mentioned before, golf and pretty much all endeavors are right handed here. But writing and eating implements are done lefty.

This for some stupid reason left me dragging the back of my left hand right thru all written work resulting in a smeared mess plus a filthy left hand. A smarter man than me would have figured out how to avoid making a mess of everything. Bottom line, I judged writing implements on the basis of writing smoothly when being pushed rather than pulled over paper, and how fast the ink dried.

Lol - Calligraphy was NOT in the cards. Ink cartridges were a mess waiting to happen.

Always envied great penmanship. A skill never once owned here.

LOL I never used the type that Wriggs would use. I stopped with the all point pen. That was enough for me ! Black ink only !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Did anyone notice that the Alcohol, sex, and golf topic seems to have been removed?

Probably got whisked away into some place obscure like WITB, ha

Mine seem to get re-gifted alot. I usually only post new threads elsewhere in General GT. But they get moved to obscure places. I had one in January titled "What is it about your golf buds that makes for a good round of golf?" that one got off to a pretty good start, only to have its flight rerouted in mid-air to the 'Golf Tourneys Partners and Matching' forum. I just wanted a little general golf talk conversation. Anyway, after arrival, it passed on, so there was a cremation followed by a spreading of ashes. A heavy thunderstorm washed all residue down a heavy plastic culvert.

Cool job. How did they get the balls out of the lake back then? Did somebody just swim down for them or did they have some kind of underwater suit like some do now? I saw an article somewhere, where a guy does that for a living, even in GC lakes that have alligators in them. He has the tank and whole bit. Dang.

Edit:

Here it is...

https://www.golf.com...ls-golf-courses

Edit:

Here's another guy at TPC Sawgrass

[media=]

[/media]

We had one guy that was a diver and then there was another guy who had a single pick up wheel like on a range picker mounted on his boat. It was home made and neat. It was on an adjustable arm and he had one heck of an outboard pushing it. Had a hand crank winch to lower and raise it

Mine seem to get re-gifted alot. I usually only post new threads elsewhere in General GT. But they get moved to obscure places. I had one in January titled "What is it about your golf buds that makes for a good round of golf?" that one got off to a pretty good start, only to have its flight rerouted in mid-air to the 'Golf Tourneys Partners and Matching' forum. I just wanted a little general golf talk conversation. Anyway, after arrival, it passed on, so there was a cremation followed by a spreading of ashes. A heavy thunderstorm washed all residue down a heavy plastic culvert.

That is why I generally do not start a topic unless it is in the Classics forum----- But 99% of the time it depends on WHO starts the topic as to whether it get moved or not. It does not matter if you have x amount of posts and x amount of likes if you are not in the "in crowd" it will get moved

That is why I generally do not start a topic unless it is in the Classics forum----- But 99% of the time it depends on WHO starts the topic as to whether it get moved or not. It does not matter if you have x amount of posts and x amount of likes if you are not in the "in crowd" it will get moved

Yeah maybe, I mean I usually try to start simple golf talk topics. I've still got 3 threads on page 1 and 2 on page 2, so it's not like I can't keep any there, but sometimes some get moved when others seem to fly off for no apparent reason...

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)