Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Hey guys,

Like everybody else on this board, my number one golf goal is to keep improving. I have made some strides over the years, but I seem to have hit a wall at the 12-14 handicap range. I've reached a point where I can travel to other courses, and shoot about what I do at my home track, as long as I can play from tees that allow me to carry hazards.

My risk Vs. reward assessment has improved, I now believe that sometimes bogey is my friend. one more on my card won't hurt as much as double or worse.

My best round last year was +8. +6 on the front +2 on the back at my home track. I have shot even par on the front nine, but plus 2 is my best on the back. All of my even par 9's have been when I didn't have time, or daylight left to play the back.

Ok here's my issue, In every round I play, I have to hit 4-5 shots that destroy me. It can be with any club from any distance, including the putter. Somehow I figure out a way to shoot at or above my cap. Never know when it's gonna hit, but it seems I go off track for a few holes every round.

Any advice, serious or tongue in cheek is welcome.

I don't usually post in this thread, but I just wanted to say how nice it is to read GolfWRX while sat here on a Friday night at a old-fashioned Japanese hotel after a good dinner and long soak in a hot-spring as I look out over the Sea of Japan, gently illuminated by a flashing lighthouse, as I listen to the quiet, contented sleep of my wife and child.

That and I have a round of golf coming up.

Hi No Catchy, good to have you here. I've enjoyed reading your posts at General Golf Talk for quite a while. So nice that you honored us here at the Grille. I've worked for a Japanese company for the last nearly 20 years and am in the process of retiring this month. Hope you're enjoying your time there, aren't you in the service or something? Please feel free to come to the Grille any time, we're just a bunch of guys who enjoy each other's company, and have a good old time doing so.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu :)

I don't think I've ever managed to honour anyone with my presence, but "Yoroshiku" to you too!

"Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu" is such a great expression. I've never seen anyone able to translate it. I think the best interpreters just omit it. I've seen Japanese people who are highly competent English speakers introduce themselves in fluent English then wonder what to say at the end and just mutter "Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu" with a embarrassed smile.

Hai, wakarimashita. I was saying it as in the welcome, and then of course the unspoken Japanese 'i hope you find me favorable' (in this case to respond to- you know by now how that works probably). I've had a fun time working with all of them over the years and observing their culture. Being a Quality Manager, I'm also in the office a lot. We have a language and communication team, mostly all Americans who do the interpretation and translating work. When they answer the phone it's always Moshi moshi, sumimasen, then the conversation takes place ending with the American saying sumimasen again. The moshi moshi for all my other pals on here just means hello, then the sumimasen means pretty much 'I'm sorry. I'm sorry for taking your time-even though the other person called you! Then when the call is over, you once again say sumimasen for having taken their valuable time. Keep in mind, I don't do this, just these young interpreters or Japanese subordinates.

Another phrase which I have not used being a manager, when i go back on the 29th for my goodbye party, as I leave, the Japanese usually have to say this to the president, and I've only heard it a few times as i don't stay as long as they do 'Osaki ni, shitsurei shimasu', which basically means 'Sorry I'm leaving before you'. So I'm gonna say that to the President as a joke. He will think it's funny as we get along great, and it will be better than sayonara. :dntknw:

This weekend is a celebration of DWs 74th, birthday is Tuesday but we always use weekends as everyone is available. Photo of DW off to the breakfast table for a meal of Bacon, Pancakes, Strawberries, Blueberries and maple syrup washed down with a large cup of black coffee.

Happy Birthday Mrs. T. No way you're 74, don't look a day over 39. Still looking good. Here's a toast for many more.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Hey guys,

Like everybody else on this board, my number one golf goal is to keep improving. I have made some strides over the years, but I seem to have hit a wall at the 12-14 handicap range. I've reached a point where I can travel to other courses, and shoot about what I do at my home track, as long as I can play from tees that allow me to carry hazards.

My risk Vs. reward assessment has improved, I now believe that sometimes bogey is my friend. one more on my card won't hurt as much as double or worse.

My best round last year was +8. +6 on the front +2 on the back at my home track. I have shot even par on the front nine, but plus 2 is my best on the back. All of my even par 9's have been when I didn't have time, or daylight left to play the back.

Ok here's my issue, In every round I play, I have to hit 4-5 shots that destroy me. It can be with any club from any distance, including the putter. Somehow I figure out a way to shoot at or above my cap. Never know when it's gonna hit, but it seems I go off track for a few holes every round.

Wow, that's my game. I hear the pros say it as well as the announcers "I play it one shot at a time" as in concentrate on each shot. It's so simply put, and sometimes so hard to do. I get to playing and do the same thing you described. Take my focus off the shot before me and think about the overall round, or the next shot or the hole I'm on, and it never seems to fail, I get that or those shots that destroy me. That's how my game can fail. When I go back to concentrating on each shot, one at a time, it all comes back together.

I didn't eat at the Grille today but the blackened Mahi Mahi fish tacos from this road side truck were delicious served with Cilantro rice and black beans. Getting fresh fish right out of the ocean is a treat we enjoy over here every once in awhile.

When we lived further up the Queensland coast we had a 20ft half cabin, taking home and having fresh fish was the bonus.

Fresh, and I mean really fresh, fish is just amazing. Unfortunately, my fishing skills rank behind my putting skills.

The mahi-mahi tacos sound amazing. We sometimes get mahi-mahi around here (it's called shiira in Japanese), but it's not that common.

Hai, wakarimashita. I was saying it as in the welcome, and then of course the unspoken Japanese 'i hope you find me favorable' (in this case to respond to- you know by now how that works probably). I've had a fun time working with all of them over the years and observing their culture. Being a Quality Manager, I'm also in the office a lot. We have a language and communication team, mostly all Americans who do the interpretation and translating work. When they answer the phone it's always Moshi moshi, sumimasen, then the conversation takes place ending with the American saying sumimasen again. The moshi moshi for all my other pals on here just means hello, then the sumimasen means pretty much 'I'm sorry. I'm sorry for taking your time-even though the other person called you! Then when the call is over, you once again say sumimasen for having taken their valuable time. Keep in mind, I don't do this, just these young interpreters or Japanese subordinates.

Another phrase which I have not used being a manager, when i go back on the 29th for my goodbye party, as I leave, the Japanese usually have to say this to the president, and I've only heard it a few times as i don't stay as long as they do 'Osaki ni, shitsurei shimasu', which basically means 'Sorry I'm leaving before you'. So I'm gonna say that to the President as a joke. He will think it's funny as we get along great, and it will be better than sayonara. :dntknw:

I do a bit of translation work, but interpreting is a whole different game in my opinion. I have tons of respect for people who are able to interpret proficiently. I would say I have a pretty decent of level of Japanese, and have no problem saying what I want to say in the language, but I have found saying what someone else wants to say is a whole new ball game.

I love the idea of saying "Osaki ni Shitsurei Shimasu" to the president at your retirement party. If you are already on good terms like you said, I'm sure he'll enjoy the joke.

If not, what's the worst that can happen? He can't fire you now... :taunt:

Tol,

The only thing more captivating than your paintings, is your lovely wife. I just imagine the voice that goes with that goddess. You Sir have every great justification behind your adoration of her. I don't know who got luckier when it comes to a life's partner, you, or myself. All I know is we both should count ourselves amazed it turned out so incredibly well!

Please pass on my birthday wishes to Mrs. tol; a lovely lady indeed!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hey guys,

Wow, that's my game. I hear the pros say it as well as the announcers "I play it one shot at a time" as in concentrate on each shot. It's so simply put, and sometimes so hard to do. I get to playing and do the same thing you described. Take my focus off the shot before me and think about the overall round, or the next shot or the hole I'm on, and it never seems to fail, I get that or those shots that destroy me. That's how my game can fail. When I go back to concentrating on each shot, one at a time, it all comes back together.

Glad to know it's not just me. I am heading out here in a few to see if I've improved my concentration level any. Temps in the mid 40's, wind blowing, course saturated.

Should be perfect for going low.

Hey guys,

I'll do my best here my friend. FWIW, I totally understand and relate to the dreaded blow-up hole - or three.

What's interesting in your post is how you did NOT isolate any one end of the bag as the main culprit. So often we hear a golfer own his issues as being "primarily" a problem putting, or off the tees, etc. So I rather like the fact you're not pointing right at one or two clubs and fixing all blame on them and them alone. Refreshing to hear a golfer fess up and just say he's ready for overall improvement in hopes those blow-ups happen a little less often and less dramatically.

So I "think" were it me personally I might consider this:

1). It can be fun to dedicate what little practice time you have focusing on shots from 50 yards in. And with that, to spend no more than 10 minutes on any one shot from any one distance within that 50 or so yards.. We don't get to rake mulligans at ourselves and hit an hour's worth of mulligans when we play. Our back gets stiff, the grip tenses up, the arms tense up, and we stop "feeling" the weight of that clubhead. It soon morphs into a dead-brained, dead-bodied, forced mess we'll never take to the course. Instead, go try a raft of different lies, with different clubs. Give yourself a minute or two between shots to sort of recover and start fresh. Imagine different trajectories and landing spots for different wedges. Ballf forward, ball mid-stance, ball back.... a little more wrists with quiet arms versus firmer wrists and more arms. Which is better? Give yourself easier perched-up lies and try some nasty ones. Some blend of the above and your own imagination will turn 30 lousy minutes of practice into better play.

2). Putting. I truly believe we simply need to practice getting our eye-line right up over and dead parallel to the target line and just tap that thing so that it coasts to some target point downrange. Gravity, grain, slope, wind, stimps, spike marks, and footprints will all do whatever they do once it's tapped and coasting. Unlike those shots from 50 yards-in, We can't flight it higher, lower, cut it, or hook it. All we can do is experiment with what it is inside our most comfortable grip and stance that confidently "taps" that thing so that it coasts to some point straight downrange. This approach gets us to separate green reading from the act of confident putting. And again, give yourself time to recover between strokes. Really FEEL that eye-line and how much "tap" gives you how-much coast to a desired point.

3). Full swings. Again you're not made of time. Can you hit a 3/4 7-iron? How about a half-swing? How about seeing if any iron in the bag might be flighted a little higher or lower? Maybe to three different targets... one maxed out, one closer, and one closer still... all with the same club! The whole idea is to convert your limited practice time into things you can have fun taking to the course. All the above get you swinging that clubhead with intent and purpose. This stuff taps into your feel channels and imagination.... which is exactly how we play.

What's left with your practice time might go to driver. If the goal is a little better scoring, I'd work from 50-100 yards in first and driver last were it me personally..

Last... The dreaded blow-up hole isn't one bad shot. It's really more about compounding the first mistake. This is part physical (shot making and physical tension). It's also part mental. Those 50 yard and in shots will empower you to get past mistake #1 without compounding the problem. You will get comfortable knowing all you need to do is advance it to that distance where your scoring ability can take over.

All I got.

I didn't eat at the Grille today but the blackened Mahi Mahi fish tacos from this road side truck were delicious served with Cilantro rice and black beans. Getting fresh fish right out of the ocean is a treat we enjoy over here every once in awhile.

Was counting on hearing at least something from you and hoping some pic might go with it. Enjoy, safe travels home, a two firm whacks to your shaft for Not taking the sticks. :).

I do a bit of translation work, but interpreting is a whole different game in my opinion. I have tons of respect for people who are able to interpret proficiently. I would say I have a pretty decent of level of Japanese, and have no problem saying what I want to say in the language, but I have found saying what someone else wants to say is a whole new ball game.

I love the idea of saying "Osaki ni Shitsurei Shimasu" to the president at your retirement party. If you are already on good terms like you said, I'm sure he'll enjoy the joke.

If not, what's the worst that can happen? He can't fire you now... :taunt:

He will like it. And in his presidential way, he would probably answer to that, 'You must be very tired'. So the last thing I expect to hear from him, which he usually says in kindness, or out of feeling sorry for Americans who have tried their best to do as good of job as their Japanese counterparts ;) is 'Thank you for your hard work'.

Catchy glad to see you over here in this neck of the woods. Fella and myself are familiar with Catchy from sometimes the Classics forum and from the blade users forum. Same type of folks here Catchy as you find in the two other sections we frequent just down to earth good folks

Dumb question for you, Stu.

"If" you were to cut down a driver from the butt end by say 1/2-1".... would you add tape to the head? And if so, would you start with something like 4-6 grams low and on the back side of the head?

(My son wants me to cut down his Titleist driver and is saying he wishes it were heavier as-is. He tends to flight it low and left with random high pushes mixed in)

Catchy glad to see you over here in this neck of the woods. Fella and myself are familiar with Catchy from sometimes the Classics forum and from the blade users forum. Same type of folks here Catchy as you find in the two other sections we frequent just down to earth good folks

"If" you were to cut down a driver from the butt end by say 1/2-1".... would you add tape to the head? And if so, would you start with something like 4-6 grams low and on the back side of the head?

(My son wants me to cut down his Titleist driver and is saying he wishes it were heavier as-is. He tends to flight it low and left with random high pushes mixed in)

Hells yes! I'd just keep adding tape until it feels about right. Not the answer a technician wants to hear, but that's exactly how I did it.

The more stuff I read on fitting and tweaking clubs for performance the more I think it's as much art as any sort of science that the technicians want to promote. And for the record, because I suck at this game anything I might do is not appropriate for anyone else to try. It's just red neck engineering applied to the game of golf... YMMV.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hells yes! I'd just keep adding tape until it feels about right. Not the answer a technician wants to hear, but that's exactly how I did it.

The more stuff I read on fitting and tweaking clubs for performance the more I think it's as much art as any sort of science that the technicians want to promote. And for the record, because I suck at this game anything I might do is not appropriate for anyone else to try. It's just red neck engineering applied to the game of golf... YMMV.

Shortening driver length by .5" will decrease SW by 3 points, 1" by 6 points. Two grams on/in the head will increase SW by 1 point. Those are the ratios. Determine the current SW as the benchmark. As Sco mentioned, add lead tape until it "feels" right. Another quick, non-permanent method for SW testing is to tape nickels onto the head. Each nickel weighs 5 grams. Fine tune tape if need be. Once you established a preference, can acquire a heavier weight for the head, if he doesn't want to see the tape. Depending on what model Titleist D he has. Billy Bob's Golf use to stock weights for all D heads, now just see for the 915. A quick glance on GW didn't show any aftermarket weights listed. But they once had them.

FWIW, prefer using GW's high density lead tape because you don't have to use as much of it.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

pl

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Hey guys,

I'll do my best here my friend. FWIW, I totally understand and relate to the dreaded blow-up hole - or three.

What's interesting in your post is how you did NOT isolate any one end of the bag as the main culprit. So often we hear a golfer own his issues as being "primarily" a problem putting, or off the tees, etc. So I rather like the fact you're not pointing right at one or two clubs and fixing all blame on them and them alone. Refreshing to hear a golfer fess up and just say he's ready for overall improvement in hopes those blow-ups happen a little less often and less dramatically.

So I "think" were it me personally I might consider this:

1). It can be fun to dedicate what little practice time you have focusing on shots from 50 yards in. And with that, to spend no more than 10 minutes on any one shot from any one distance within that 50 or so yards.. We don't get to rake mulligans at ourselves and hit an hour's worth of mulligans when we play. Our back gets stiff, the grip tenses up, the arms tense up, and we stop "feeling" the weight of that clubhead. It soon morphs into a dead-brained, dead-bodied, forced mess we'll never take to the course. Instead, go try a raft of different lies, with different clubs. Give yourself a minute or two between shots to sort of recover and start fresh. Imagine different trajectories and landing spots for different wedges. Ballf forward, ball mid-stance, ball back.... a little more wrists with quiet arms versus firmer wrists and more arms. Which is better? Give yourself easier perched-up lies and try some nasty ones. Some blend of the above and your own imagination will turn 30 lousy minutes of practice into better play.

2). Putting. I truly believe we simply need to practice getting our eye-line right up over and dead parallel to the target line and just tap that thing so that it coasts to some target point downrange. Gravity, grain, slope, wind, stimps, spike marks, and footprints will all do whatever they do once it's tapped and coasting. Unlike those shots from 50 yards-in, We can't flight it higher, lower, cut it, or hook it. All we can do is experiment with what it is inside our most comfortable grip and stance that confidently "taps" that thing so that it coasts to some point straight downrange. This approach gets us to separate green reading from the act of confident putting. And again, give yourself time to recover between strokes. Really FEEL that eye-line and how much "tap" gives you how-much coast to a desired point.

3). Full swings. Again you're not made of time. Can you hit a 3/4 7-iron? How about a half-swing? How about seeing if any iron in the bag might be flighted a little higher or lower? Maybe to three different targets... one maxed out, one closer, and one closer still... all with the same club! The whole idea is to convert your limited practice time into things you can have fun taking to the course. All the above get you swinging that clubhead with intent and purpose. This stuff taps into your feel channels and imagination.... which is exactly how we play.

What's left with your practice time might go to driver. If the goal is a little better scoring, I'd work from 50-100 yards in first and driver last were it me personally..

Last... The dreaded blow-up hole isn't one bad shot. It's really more about compounding the first mistake. This is part physical (shot making and physical tension). It's also part mental. Those 50 yard and in shots will empower you to get past mistake #1 without compounding the problem. You will get comfortable knowing all you need to do is advance it to that distance where your scoring ability can take over.

All I got.

Thanks Reason, Looks like a good practice regime. For sure you are right about the 50 yards and in, and many times a good putt makes up for a horrible shot.

When we lived further up the Queensland coast we had a 20ft half cabin, taking home and having fresh fish was the bonus.

Fresh, and I mean really fresh, fish is just amazing. Unfortunately, my fishing skills rank behind my putting skills.

The mahi-mahi tacos sound amazing. We sometimes get mahi-mahi around here (it's called shiira in Japanese), but it's not that common.

Mahi Mahi around here is actually a fish called a Dauphin and like they stress to the tourists that is DAUPHIN NOT DOLPHIN in other words you are not eating Flipper. Another good fish / tourist story. One night we were at a place called Drunken Jack's in the inlet. Reasy knows this place well. Anyhow you have a view of the docks when the fishing boats come in both commercial and charter / sport. Anyhow a lot of the restaurants buy fish and such fresh off the boats right then and there. Had a lady tourist ask if we were local? I told her yes we were. She said in a serious voice " Please tell my husband that they catch the ALASKAN snow crabs out there and deliver them fresh" I told her no mam they do not while trying to keep a straight face. Her husband said "see I told you so" She asked seriously "why not?" I told her the waters were too warm in fact most of the blue crabs are caught in North Myrtle Beach or in North Carolina. And this was back when I drank and i was a little tipsy thank the Lord above the waiter had brought our check and we were leaving. I got outside and me and the wife promptly cracked up laughing. TOURISTS?????

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Soco you nailed it on the Stu method keep adding lead tape until it feels and hits right!!! I have a SW machine but never use it on my clubs---- Redneck Engineering at it's finest

I got to give Rad a shout out and thanks on something he said a long time ago. He was talking about when he seriously played the piano and you played certain pieces for finger exercise. I asked the pianist at church about this and she is an accomplished artist and teacher. She showed me some examples. Well I mimicked her not playing of course and my fingers felt good. Now just about everyday I play air piano so to speak and my fingers do not hurt any more and my hands and wrists are not tight either. So thanks again Rad

I got to give Rad a shout out and thanks on something he said a long time ago. He was talking about when he seriously played the piano and you played certain pieces for finger exercise. I asked the pianist at church about this and she is an accomplished artist and teacher. She showed me some examples. Well I mimicked her not playing of course and my fingers felt good. Now just about everyday I play air piano so to speak and my fingers do not hurt any more and my hands and wrists are not tight either. So thanks again Rad

Ah, I love it Stu.............Air Piano..........I never called it that but why not?

Btw, those same fish are called Dorado in California. They're not common that far north but every

once in awhile they show up in the waters off SoCal. They are a beautiful fish; very colorful when

you first haul one in and then all the colors fade to silver/gray when they die.

I did a lot of ocean/deep sea fishing in the fertile waters off SoCal when I was growing up. Lots of

great memories.

SLED Gemini

Mahi Mahi around here is actually a fish called a Dauphin and like they stress to the tourists that is DAUPHIN NOT DOLPHIN in other words you are not eating Flipper. Another good fish / tourist story. One night we were at a place called Drunken Jack's in the inlet. Reasy knows this place well. Anyhow you have a view of the docks when the fishing boats come in both commercial and charter / sport. Anyhow a lot of the restaurants buy fish and such fresh off the boats right then and there. Had a lady tourist ask if we were local? I told her yes we were. She said in a serious voice " Please tell my husband that they catch the ALASKAN snow crabs out there and deliver them fresh" I told her no mam they do not while trying to keep a straight face. Her husband said "see I told you so" She asked seriously "why not?" I told her the waters were too warm in fact most of the blue crabs are caught in North Myrtle Beach or in North Carolina. And this was back when I drank and i was a little tipsy thank the Lord above the waiter had brought our check and we were leaving. I got outside and me and the wife promptly cracked up laughing. TOURISTS?????

Reminds me of when we used to stay a week at a shared condo of a friend of ours at Hilton Head back in the early 90's. She talked us into going out for catching blue crabs. So we took her line, and this metal basket, and a 5 gallon bucket, and went and bought some chicken necks, and went where she told us. Not sure where it was but we could see the light house in the distance at Harbor Town. So here we are, some kook tourists from Ohio crabbing like idiots. We ended up catching a gob of blue crabs. So we took them back to the condo, then didn't know what to do with them. We called her and she said 'put them in the bathtub till you cook them'fff, so we dumped them in the shower/tub. She told us all about how to cook, and what to do. The crabs kept looking at us, and the kids kept looking at them and playing with them with sticks and stuff. So when the kids decided they didn't really like the idea of us putting them in hot water, we gathered them all up and took them back to the Atlantic, and went to Fudrucker's, :haha: tourists...

Reminds me of when we used to stay a week at a shared condo of a friend of ours at Hilton Head back in the early 90's. She talked us into going out for catching blue crabs. So we took her line, and this metal basket, and a 5 gallon bucket, and went and bought some chicken necks, and went where she told us. Not sure where it was but we could see the light house in the distance at Harbor Town. So here we are, some kook tourists from Ohio crabbing like idiots. We ended up catching a gob of blue crabs. So we took them back to the condo, then didn't know what to do with them. We called her and she said 'put them in the bathtub till you cook them', so we dumped them in the shower/tub. She told us all about how to cook, and what to do. The crabs kept looking at us, and the kids kept looking at them and playing with them with sticks and stuff. So when the kids decided they didn't really like the idea of us putting them in hot water, we gathered them all up and took them back to the Atlantic, and went to Fudrucker's, :haha: tourists... We did go back again a few years later when the kids were older and did the same thing, only this time we ate the blue crabs :yes:

This weekend is a celebration of DWs 74th, birthday is Tuesday but we always use weekends as everyone is available. Photo of DW off to the breakfast table for a meal of Bacon, Pancakes, Strawberries, Blueberries and maple syrup washed down with a large cup of black coffee.

Fabulous photo of a beautiful lady.

Happy Birthday!

And being from NY

I love the shirt!

Happy belated birthday.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Tol. Best wishes for many more.

Welcome, Catchy.

Walked two holes yesterday. Very windy, didn't want to play more.

Received my two replacement ties on Saturday. Twenty dollar tie is a good company to deal with. I doubt I'll be ordering many ties, but who knows? I do know, I want to be buried in a coat and tie. (Hopefully, not for a while yet.)

I just read an article yesterday regarding Goldman Sachs, no longer requiring suits and ties in the office. Does anyone remember when gas station attendants wore a sort of uniform, with a military style cap?

Really don't care what other people wear. As someone said, "You can't tell a book by its cover.?

As the hippies used to say, "Do your own thing." or Burger King, "Have it your way."

Cheers!

Two Days ago when I started moving around in the morning, the back of my left heel was extreemly sore, thought it could be gout treated it as normal to no avail. Doctors this morning said it looked like torn Achilles’ tendon so Thursday I am having X-ray and ultra sound to properly check it out. Up to six months treatment depending on the severity.

Today it was very hot again, the cooler weather and rain has gone, back to 100+ for the next week. Problem is the air conditioning broke down yesterday, it’s going to be expensive to fix so we are leaving it till later, fans around the house on full bore thankfully it’s expected to cool down by Saturday

Take care Grillers I am off to sleep.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I remember the uniformed gas station attendants complete with military cap. I always figured that work uniforms were a throwback to our military heritage particularly when there was a war ongoing somewhere in the world for many instances successive generations.

Today, it's kind of every man for himself with a very lax approach to attire. Like Wriggs, I enjoy dressing up. I think it says something about a person if they care about their appearance and it certainly resonates with the ladies.

What I find most obvious about current trends is that folks have become quite willing to advertise brands and paying for the privilege of doing so by choosing logoed clothing and not the subtle versions either, but with big bold symbols that have been veiled as fashion statements. We all do it, intentional or otherwise.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Tol. It's Tuesday down under, right?

I read the book Dress For Success many many years ago and I applied it as it made sense to me.

That was in another life. Since I started driving a truck in 1995 I just made sure I was neat and clean.

These days I pretty much wear shorts year round.

In the book the author said never wear dark brown..........and I haven't since reading that. Beige is

fine, Khaki is fine. Any darker than that you look like a walking talking turd.

SLED Gemini

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)