Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

In the USA tornados hit primarily east of the Rockies; which is about 2/3 of the country, so about 2/3 of the

country has some tornado danger. The odds that "someone" will get hit by a tornado in this area are very high.

The odds that that "someone" will be you are about 4.5 million to 1. That is a tiny tiny risk and not worth worrying

about. You have better odds of falling off a cliff or contracting leprosy.

WE even get tornadoes up here. Not as many or as strong, but there are usually 4 or 5 that touch down any given summer. There have been some really bad ones, but they don't come along all that often, so infrequently that I've never given it a moment's thought.

[Added] One of my college mates farm was hit by a big one in 1979. They lost the dairy barn and had a couple of concrete silos come down, but it didn't touch the house. They can be kind of weirdly random that way. That tornado in particular was a big one: F4, with widespread damage over many miles in and around the Woodstock area.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well, we bought a new Vitamix A2300 + extra containers/blades. Just over $500 for it all. Cobi is excited. It should

be here in a few days. Well, I'm excited too.

Cobi saw the demo of this machine at Costco and that's what got her fired up. She called Vitamix for more info and

wound up buying it directly from them as they made her a sweet package deal and free shipping.

Let the mixing begin! Keep in mind it's loud, so not to worry, means it's powerful and can grind up nails. We found after making lots of soups and especially smoothies in the beginning that nails just didn't go well with them, so we started leaving them out, it was the right choice :dntknw: Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours...

Well, we bought a new Vitamix A2300 + extra containers/blades. Just over $500 for it all. Cobi is excited. It should

Cobi saw the demo of this machine at Costco and that's what got her fired up. She called Vitamix for more info and

wound up buying it directly from them as they made her a sweet package deal and free shipping.

Congrats. Upon reading, what came to mind was.....Tacit clearance to acquire new golf stuff (50% reciprocal as not to push your luck). Could stock up on a fresh supply of plaid with 2 fiddy to work with.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Congrats. Upon reading, what came to mind was.....Tacit clearance to acquire new golf stuff (50% reciprocal as not to push your luck). Could stock up on a fresh supply of plaid with 2 fiddy to work with.

Well, I guess there goes my golf budget, cause I bought a new watch while we were on the cruise just trying to help out the local economy of St. Thomas... :dntknw:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Musings on yet another rainy day. Will put this out there in hopes it stirs at least some level of individual reflections/replies.

I've got zero predetermined agenda, "yes but" ideas, or "you totally missed the point" notions in mind. This is not baiting. It's merely a simple question that can go where ever you want it to go. If you see it as an eye rolling waste of time, sorry I bothered you with it. Here goes:

When your only tool is a hammer, all the world is a nail.

Now, when is that a good thing on, and off the course?

When is it a bad thing?

Fire (or not) at will.

When i gather walnuts from the tree in the lower yard,the hammer is a good thing.

something is whispering in my ear,that this isn't quite what you are looking for

Not too good for getting Mary Louise's shirt off ....never mind.....let me think about that one

We had a walnut tree in England, nothing like the taste of fresh from the tree. One year my father stored then in the loft as he was going to pickle them, rats ate all of them.

Yeah, they're like that, never worked an honest day in their lives. Hiding in the loft, the closets, wherever... where's James Cagney when you need him?

Sometimes I like to watch these old movies and compare them to what we have today. In terms of time I am always amazed how far we have come with both the production and content of them. I do think some of the political correctness we are subjected to today has stopped what used to be very entertaining stuff. Can we now call a rat dirty? Something to ponder as it gives the wrong picture of these noble creatures.

Thoughts please Grillers and please or should I say (pl) do not overstep the bounds of WRX rules.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I have enough shorts, actually have sold some of them off on eBay. I am so overstocked on golf

stuff......but..................I still need to buy my RTJ annual pass. How about a 300% recip rule? Ya

I can go wth that!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Let the mixing begin! Keep in mind it's loud, so not to worry, means it's powerful and can grind up nails. We found after making lots of soups and especially smoothies in the beginning that nails just didn't go well with them, so we started leaving them out, it was the right choice :dntknw: Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours...

We don't even have it yet and Cobi is already enjoying it, thinking of all the things she can make.

I'm thinking about the ice cream as ice cream is a food group in my book. Apparently, the ice

cream comes out with the texture of soft serve. Though I prefer my ice cream dense I can live

with soft serve, especially if I can just make it at home in a few minutes.

MMMMMMmmmmmmm..................home made blizzards....but will they stand the upside down

test? I guess we shall see.

I imagine ground nails are high in iron............good for seasoned citizens with iron poor blood.

SLED Gemini

We don't even have it yet and Cobi is already enjoying it, thinking of all the things she can make.

I'm thinking about the ice cream as ice cream is a food group in my book. Apparently, the ice

cream comes out with the texture of soft serve. Though I prefer my ice cream dense I can live

with soft serve, especially if I can just make it at home in a few minutes.

MMMMMMmmmmmmm..................home made blizzards....but will they stand the upside down

test? I guess we shall see.

I imagine ground nails are high in iron............good for seasoned citizens with iron poor blood.

Made ice cream many times, the softness is determined by the amount of cream and sugar in the recipe. First lot we made required a pick axe to remove it from the tub.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Also, if you eat too much you will need extra rounds of golf to keep the weight down. That’s what they call a win win.

Yep Yep a Win Win in my Book Book too.

SLED Gemini

Watched a movie, "The Emperor's Club" last night. Was going to go to bed, but the prep school location aroused my interest. The initial scenes took place in 1976, then at the ending, current for the movie, the 1990's.

The headmaster (Edward Herrmann) drove a 61 black Lincoln sedan. Wonder how many headmasters of an exclusive prep school would be driving a 15 year old car. Anyhow, the one kid was a cheat, and a cheat as an adult. He was going to run for Senate. He'll fit right in. The honest, dedicated (Kevin Kline) professor would have been squashed like a bug in real life.

Anyhow, a decent period movie.

Keep warm.

Who ordered this stuff anyway? -16°C with less than two weeks to go from the Spring Equinox! After being south for a week this amounts to cruel and unusual punishment! I think they need to hire a new rodent(s) because Willie/Phil has got it all wrong this year...again...

I think that my bridge partner Chuck has got this game more or less figured out and by game I mean when to go south. He's driving his mother down to Seminole leaving Tuesday and will be gone for three weeks. His wife is flying down on the following Saturday to meet them. By not coming back until April they've got a pretty decent chance of coming back to spring instead of more winter. Of course, with both of them being accountants, they're coming back to tax season, so maybe the weather doesn't really matter after all...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Who ordered this stuff anyway? -16°C with less than two weeks to go from the Spring Equinox! After being south for a week this amounts to cruel and unusual punishment! I think they need to hire a new rodent(s) because Willie/Phil has got it all wrong this year...again...

I think that my bridge partner Chuck has got this game more or less figured out and by game I mean when to go south. He's driving his mother down to Seminole leaving Tuesday and will be gone for three weeks. His wife is flying down on the following Saturday to meet them. By not coming back until April they've got a pretty decent chance of coming back to spring instead of more winter. Of course, with both of them being accountants, they're coming back to tax season, so maybe the weather doesn't really matter after all...

We are back up into the 80s, also plenty of rain, badly required as well. When we first came to Australia you could depend on the rain, every afternoon around 4pm, stay for an hour then clear sky’s untill the next day. That was the summer routine for years, this year we are just into autumnand the rain hasonlynowstarted, nice heavy shower as I post.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I've been thinking about tol's rooster painting that he posted the other day. Knowing how chicken's can be, the painting would have been at the exact moment just before the rooster decided to peck out an eye on the upstart young hen. I didn't notice it at the time, but I think that Sixty pointed out the expression on the birds and I can see it now. The neighbour who we get our eggs from had to get rid of a rooster as he was always going after the hens to the point of killing a couple!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Musings on yet another rainy day. Will put this out there in hopes it stirs at least some level of individual reflections/replies.

I've got zero predetermined agenda, "yes but" ideas, or "you totally missed the point" notions in mind. This is not baiting. It's merely a simple question that can go where ever you want it to go. If you see it as an eye rolling waste of time, sorry I bothered you with it. Here goes:

When your only tool is a hammer, all the world is a nail.

Now, when is that a good thing on, and off the course?

When is it a bad thing?

Fire (or not) at will.

When i gather walnuts from the tree in the lower yard,the hammer is a good thing.

something is whispering in my ear,that this isn't quite what you are looking for

Not too good for getting Mary Louise's shirt off ....never mind.....let me think about that one

We had a walnut tree in England, nothing like the taste of fresh from the tree. One year my father stored then in the loft as he was going to pickle them, rats ate all of them.

Yeah, they're like that, never worked an honest day in their lives. Hiding in the loft, the closets, wherever... where's James Cagney when you need him?

[media=]

[/media]

Sometimes I like to watch these old movies and compare them to what we have today. In terms of time I am always amazed how far we have come with both the production and content of them. I do think some of the political correctness we are subjected to today has stopped what used to be very entertaining stuff. Can we now call a rat dirty? Something to ponder as it gives the wrong picture of these noble creatures.

Thoughts please Grillers and please or should I say (pl) do not overstep the bounds of WRX rules.

I would love to comment on the last paragraph there, but I would probably get myself banned, or time out at the least. I will just say I live in the sticks and respect all the noble creatures, unless they disrespect me.

I had my biweekly physiotherapy appointment yesterday and we discussed the results of my MRI which showed nothing alarming or anything that wasn't anticipated. A fairly normal scan for someone my age that had a physically demanding job. The bulk of the damage is located in the L5/S1 joint with some narrowing of the nerve root noted, but I'm not displaying any symptoms of neuropathy. No change in treatment regimen going forward, so with that out of the way, I began to discuss returning to playing golf and how best to accomplish that.

I laid out my plan to start with dry swings for 5 minutes a day hopefully three times week and build up to 15 minutes a day by the end of the third week. He suggested that I start right now with clubless swings to build up a bit of speed in the motion before introducing the club, that way I can do a golf related exercise even before the weather is suitable to go outside and swing a club. With a plan in hand and the okay to begin we'll see how things go perhaps as early as next week. :)

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I don't usually post in this thread, but I just wanted to say how nice it is to read GolfWRX while sat here on a Friday night at a old-fashioned Japanese hotel after a good dinner and long soak in a hot-spring as I look out over the Sea of Japan, gently illuminated by a flashing lighthouse, as I listen to the quiet, contented sleep of my wife and child.

That and I have a round of golf coming up.

Catchy, nice of you to stop by. The descriptive of your current idyllic setting, with those near and dear to you close at hand. Personification of peace and contentment. And the excitement and anticipation of a soon to played round of golf. Quiet contemplation of the possibility that 'this' one will be the occurrence when everything comes together. Hope you will return with reportage. We're always interested in how our fellow sojourners along the path fare.

With that said, what inquiring minds would like to know. Percy or Metal? Anser or other?

I don't usually post in this thread, but I just wanted to say how nice it is to read GolfWRX while sat here on a Friday night at a old-fashioned Japanese hotel after a good dinner and long soak in a hot-spring as I look out over the Sea of Japan, gently illuminated by a flashing lighthouse, as I listen to the quiet, contented sleep of my wife and child.

If relaxation is your thing, the Grille is your place. We always have a relaxing day, evening, night, swilling down the friendly comments with a few glasses of red or whatever takes your fancy. Don’t be a stranger.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Catchy, nice of you to stop by. The descriptive of your current idyllic setting, with those near and dear to you close at hand. Personification of peace and contentment. And the excitement and anticipation of a soon to played round of golf. Quiet contemplation of the possibility that 'this' one will be the occurrence when everything comes together. Hope you will return with reportage. We're always interested in how our fellow sojourners along the path fare.

With that said, what inquiring minds would like to know. Percy or Metal? Anser or other?

It looks like it will rain, so I think metal, and after last time's putting fiasco, definitely NOT the Anser. Either the Wilson TPA XVIII or an Odyssey #8.

However, according to the long-range forecast, the chances of rain have been slowly dropping, so it might be a persimmon round after all. The course I'm playing is a good one for the older sticks.

If relaxation is your thing, the Grille is your place. We always have a relaxing day, evening, night, swilling down the friendly comments with a few glasses of red or whatever takes your fancy. Don’t be a stranger.

Well, if there's some red wine going...

Catchy. Raising a glass of red (actually it's a cup of coffee, still early in this locale) for fair skies and straight shots with whatever implements you choose. Perhaps take a bag of each along, a game time decision on which clubs are played.

Perhaps I should perform an introduction. Maybe the first time the two of you have met. Tol meet No Catchy. Catchy meet Tol. Tol's an ex-pat Brit, now a L/T resident of Australia. Catchy is a Brit living in Japan, although I don't know for how long. Maybe the two of you have some common ground. Catchy likes to acquire all manner of golf implements. Classic wood and blade, as well as contemporary. Tol's a marvelous artist that adorns the walls of the Grille with his artwork. And strangely only plays one set of golf clubs. But has 1,305 tubes of paint. He tolerates us (scratches head) when the conversation turns to the implements we wield.

Done.

Thursday's forecast is suppose to be 62* under sunny skies. Hallelujah. One day only, but a breakthrough. Man is it going to feel sweet. Clear the docket, going to find an outdoor range open. Whack some balls amongst the throng. More than ready to observe the white ball fly.

Catchy. Raising a glass of red (actually it's a cup of coffee, still early in this locale) for fair skies and straight shots with whatever implements you choose. Perhaps take a bag of each along, a game time decision on which clubs are played.

Perhaps I should perform an introduction. Maybe the first time the two of you have met. Tol meet No Catchy. Catchy meet Tol. Tol's an ex-pat Brit, now a L/T resident of Australia. Catchy is a Brit living in Japan, although I don't know for how long. Maybe the two of you have some common ground. Catchy likes to acquire all manner of golf implements. Classic wood and blade, as well as contemporary. Tol's a marvelous artist that adorns the walls of the Grille with his artwork. And strangely only plays one set of golf clubs. But has 1,305 tubes of paint. He tolerates us (scratches head) when the conversation turns to the implements we wield.

Done.

Thursday's forecast is suppose to be 62* under sunny skies. Hallelujah. One day only, but a breakthrough. Man is it going to feel sweet. Clear the docket, going to find an outdoor range open. Whack some balls amongst the throng. More than ready to observe the white ball fly.

Thanks Fella, really good introduction.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Hi No Catchy, good to have you here. I've enjoyed reading your posts at General Golf Talk for quite a while. So nice that you honored us here at the Grille. I've worked for a Japanese company for the last nearly 20 years and am in the process of retiring this month. Hope you're enjoying your time there, aren't you in the service or something? Please feel free to come to the Grille any time, we're just a bunch of guys who enjoy each other's company, and have a good old time doing so.

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu :)

Does anyone notice a common bank practice, of CD's and such, that advertised rates are ONLY for new money. Renewal rates are much lower. Anyhow, I decided to cash in a matured CD, and deposit into another bank. After the nice lady tried to talk me into talking to one of their financial advisors, I just told her to close my account, give me a check.

It took an hour and twenty minutes before I received my check. In an hour, I was handed a check with my name spelled wrong, and an additional twenty minutes to issue a new one. The lady bank manager was on the phone the whole time receiving instructions on how to give me my money.

Placed my check in another bank at a percent more in a money market account. (2.27%)

I long for days past, when things were much simpler. Passbook accounts at now stratospheric rates of 5.5%, and no BS, no "financial" advisors to lose your money on Wall Street.

End of rant.

An update on my new ties. The Post Office tracking said my ties were to be delivered last Monday, March 4. Did not receive them, tracking said a delay, but on its way. Thursday, I emailed the Post Office. The post official emailed a couple hours later, the same info. I contacted the company, where a nice lady said they would send out a replacement order and a post paid return envelope in case I ever get the original order.

Obviously, someone ripped off my ties. The last known scan was in Phoenix, AZ, on Feb 28.

I believe the tie order was the first mail order item I've never received in my life.

As with the above bank business, situations in general are going downhill like a roller coaster.

PS: My philosophy on mail order (or internet) is never order anything you can't afford to lose, like $100 max. Mad money.)

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)