Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

65 this morning and after the heat wave we recently experienced it is cold, almost lighting a fire weather. Amazing how the body adapts, before we moved to Australia we would be sunbaking in these temperature, now it’s wrap up in jumpers.

Good to see the grille back in business and Gus will be preparing for his summer menu. Have it drop in today to say hello.

How’s it feel now Sixty, still finding it funny not going in to work or have you all ready adapted to retirement. 5.45 time to rise and shine, shopping day DW all ready for breakfast and into it. Will drop in later to chat.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

pl

pl ease Rad tell us how is the life of Riley the retired?

Ha, good old William Bendix..............the Life of Riley.................how often have I used that term

over the years? Now, I'm livin' the life.

Now, I see what others have been saying...........not enough hours in the day............especially daylight

hours.........ah, but the days are growing longer...........soon daylight savings time.

Have fun in Maui!

Sixty,

Sounds corny but this time it truly applies. "Today is the first day, of the rest of your life."

Now the fun begins. Books you've wanted to read, golf you've wanted to play, doo-dads around the house you've wanted to tackle, words you've waited to write, naps you've longed to take, people you've yet to (but will) spend time with, and interests you didn't even know you had will all have time to flourish.

You're free. Enjoy it in all it's glory my friend. Better get yourself some sort of day planner. Your dance card is about to fill up.

How true. I'm sitting here in my p.j.'s drinking a cup of coffee, it's closing in on 5:00 AM My DW is about to leave for work. I'm about to not leave for work. Weird.

I did have strange dreams, I think the wind did't help. In one of them, Rad was a professional baseball player. I'm not sure if Alabama had a team or not. But he was about to play a night game in Pittsburgh, and we lived in Pitts (hey Wrigs, we could play golf) so Rad and Cobi were gonna stay at our house- he had to get a hall pass to not stay with the team. He was a left-fielder. The game never actually happened.

There was another guy in the dream, Monkey Halterman. When I was a kid, before we moved to NY, (everybody must've had one of these types in their lives) we had a kid who kinda looked like a monkey. He would get on the school bus every morning and we would say "Hi Monkey" or something like that. It would always make him feel bad I'm sure then he wouldn't say much. We would love it and keep doing it. One day he got on the bus and said "Hi gang, it's me, Monkey Halterman". We looked at each other befuddled. It took the fun away, and we stopped after that. I asked him later why he said that. Seems his genius highly intelligent father engineer at Rockwell had told him to do some reverse engineering, and tell us first that he was Monkey Halterman in a fun way, and smile. Well, when he did, it worked, and we quit. No more monkey business I guess...He's probably a billionaire by now. Or a zookeeper, no wait, I didn't mean that :dntknw:

Dang, I made it into one of your dreams....................as a home run hitting RBI producing left fielder....

or was I just out in left field? So much comes from left field. A lot comes to us from left field, actually.

So I came to your house.................. from left field..........which is true. Ain't retirement great?!

pl

pl ease Rad tell us how is the life of Riley the retired?

Ha, good old William Bendix..............the Life of Riley.................how often have I used that term

over the years? Now, I'm livin' the life.

Now, I see what others have been saying...........not enough hours in the day............especially daylight

hours.........ah, but the days are growing longer...........soon daylight savings time.

Have fun in Maui!

It gets better as you get used to it.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Obviously suffering diarrhea of the post button here tonight, so what's one more before turning in???

There may well be a short in my personal wiring and I wanted to bounce it off the Grillesters to see what you guys think.

May be there's something wrong with me but I don't have to hit a great shot to appreciate one. LOVE hitting one, but I'm honestly and genuinely happy when a playing partner gets it done. I don't have to "win" either.

Now make no mistake about it, if my grandmother walked out there and puts a club in her hands, I'll stomp a mud hole in her arse if it's within my ability that day. And if she wants strokes I'll make her sorry she asked.

But, I've been absolutely annihilated out there many times. Just embarrassingly drummed.... and had me a blast. Always saw it as living to fight another day. Always enjoyed someone else's good play even when my game or shots were not going well. If I'm doing well, I want it to hold up under good competition. But the act of losing just simply does not break my heart even a little bit.

How is possible, a golfer would play to win and NEVER take his foot off the throttle when winning.... and yet be absolutely cool with seeing others do well and win???

Something inside all of that just doesn't add up, no????

I see it like you do. I enjoy the camaraderie and don't want to make it about me. I enjoy seeing

good golf and cheering those on around me. I am competitive when I'm playing well. When I'm

not playing well I am happy to keep cheering others on, play my shots quickly and not become

a distraction.

Sixty,

Sounds corny but this time it truly applies. "Today is the first day, of the rest of your life."

Now the fun begins. Books you've wanted to read, golf you've wanted to play, doo-dads around the house you've wanted to tackle, words you've waited to write, naps you've longed to take, people you've yet to (but will) spend time with, and interests you didn't even know you had will all have time to flourish.

You're free. Enjoy it in all it's glory my friend. Better get yourself some sort of day planner. Your dance card is about to fill up.

How true. I'm sitting here in my p.j.'s drinking a cup of coffee, it's closing in on 5:00 AM My DW is about to leave for work. I'm about to not leave for work. Weird.

I did have strange dreams, I think the wind did't help. In one of them, Rad was a professional baseball player. I'm not sure if Alabama had a team or not. But he was about to play a night game in Pittsburgh, and we lived in Pitts (hey Wrigs, we could play golf) so Rad and Cobi were gonna stay at our house- he had to get a hall pass to not stay with the team. He was a left-fielder. The game never actually happened.

There was another guy in the dream, Monkey Halterman. When I was a kid, before we moved to NY, (everybody must've had one of these types in their lives) we had a kid who kinda looked like a monkey. He would get on the school bus every morning and we would say "Hi Monkey" or something like that. It would always make him feel bad I'm sure then he wouldn't say much. We would love it and keep doing it. One day he got on the bus and said "Hi gang, it's me, Monkey Halterman". We looked at each other befuddled. It took the fun away, and we stopped after that. I asked him later why he said that. Seems his genius highly intelligent father engineer at Rockwell had told him to do some reverse engineering, and tell us first that he was Monkey Halterman in a fun way, and smile. Well, when he did, it worked, and we quit. No more monkey business I guess...He's probably a billionaire by now. Or a zookeeper, no wait, I didn't mean that :dntknw:

Dang, I made it into one of your dreams....................as a home run hitting RBI producing left fielder....

or was I just out in left field? So much comes from left field. A lot comes to us from left field, actually.

So I came to your house.................. from left field..........which is true. Ain't retirement great?!

:stop: don't get carried away... The game didn't happen and you didn't bat. you might have been on the bench or something because of one of those golf outfits :)

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Reason. I've been remiss in responding to your comprehensive analysis of trajectory management. As initiated in post #22986 and detailed in #22988. Things have been a bit busy the last several days. I certainly did not want you to think that the effort and time involved with composing was not appreciated. There's a lot of information contained within, that will take some time to unpack. The entirety has been copied to retain for future reference. Another addition to my ongoing Reason Swing Things files.

I'm not very good at conceptualizing swing advice without taking it afield and trying something out. Incrementally. In a "try this", one adjustment at a time. Otherwise, I become lost quite easily. Try and isolate one factor to see if it makes a difference. Furthermore, I've not swung a golf club going in a month. We're getting closer to an outdoor opportunity, but the forecast indicates that it's still aways into the future. I'd really like to be able to perform some testing of your analysis with club in hand, and utilizing the second posting as a guide.

WTS, a couple of initial observations:

Somewhere within the wrist release thing was where I found a semblance of being able to control trajectory. As that was the only thing I was testing the 2x at the dome. Where I began to notice that could begin controlling the ball flight. Initially by accident. Then by consciously thinking, "lets try and hit the ball lower". No idea what I was doing, other than c0ck the wrist and release at impact. Was the focus of the endeavor, so no further contemplation of "why" was performed.

B.2 Have been thinking that I all to often take a stance to far away from the ball. A typically miss being out on the toe. I've been attempting to "cozy" up to the ball more than I have in the past. It's a fine line, to close and I've feel constricted during the swing. A WIP trying to adjust the distance I stand from the ball.

I've tried moving the ball position slightly back in my stance. Although this tended to create more problems than it solved. Increasing the propensity for thinned shots and/or a push to the right by not getting through the ball sufficiently. As I've mentioned before, playing the Pings were somewhat tricky business for me. Requiring some measure of clubhead and shaft manipulation through setup to get them to hit a decent shot. They're gone. Hopefully, the new implements will require less of this moving forward.

D.3 I tend to sway back to my right side. Especially with driver and fairways in hand. Not always, but often enough when I'm not paying attention. Cognizant that this is adding loft to the club. Another WIP condition that I'm working on. Staying planted over my stance, and improving my weight shift to the left side. Somewhere within, thinking that less arms and more wrists will help with this facet. All that arms motion, and insufficient turn, facilitates the sway. A big IDK at this point.

A. Grip. Since switching to interlock last year, the grip has become stronger than prior. Part of the constant process of managing the slice. But one aspect that I noticed when testing the wrist thing, the club handle fell into a "natural" position quite automatically. Cannot delineate the particulars, it just did. In other words, if I tried the oily wrist release with how I gripped it prior, seemingly could not make it work. IIRC, had to grip more with my fingers rather than in the palm of the hand. Or something like that, from what I remember from month ago.

So that's where I'm at currently. Which is to say no further along than before do to the time of the year and the climatic conditions. Ready to get outside, just "hit the damn ball", and experiment trying some different things. Trajectory management is not necessarily a high priority with irons in hand. I compensate accordingly. Accuracy and distance control have a higher priority. I rarely play in sufficiently windy conditions where lowering trajectory would be a benefit. With driver on the other hand, feel like I'm leaving some distance gains on the table by hitting the ball to high. Every once in awhile, the stars align and I hit a good one. And notice that the ball travels further with the trajectory lower. So it becomes a matter of executing the same shot with the knowledge of what I did right. I'm a big believer if I executed a shot once, can do it again. Have the capability. A matter of understanding the how and why, and increased the odds of reoccurrence.

That's where it's at currently. Much to work on at some point. And that you understand that I greatly appreciate your contribution. A future update will follow. Maybe by July. Once this blasted winter finally ends. Regards.

P.S. As for a swing vid. IDK if I'm ready for that. Reluctant to even solo view a video, out of fear that it may be more pitiful than I realize. Then where would I be? And least I have this imaging that I'm swinging at least half arse right. Could become a basket case if it proves to be uglier than I thought. Can't go there. Let alone post one up for the whole world (The Grille) to see. Someday? Maybe. Don't hold your breath.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Obviously suffering diarrhea of the post button here tonight, so what's one more before turning in???

There may well be a short in my personal wiring and I wanted to bounce it off the Grillesters to see what you guys think.

May be there's something wrong with me but I don't have to hit a great shot to appreciate one. LOVE hitting one, but I'm honestly and genuinely happy when a playing partner gets it done. I don't have to "win" either.

Now make no mistake about it, if my grandmother walked out there and puts a club in her hands, I'll stomp a mud hole in her arse if it's within my ability that day. And if she wants strokes I'll make her sorry she asked.

But, I've been absolutely annihilated out there many times. Just embarrassingly drummed.... and had me a blast. Always saw it as living to fight another day. Always enjoyed someone else's good play even when my game or shots were not going well. If I'm doing well, I want it to hold up under good competition. But the act of losing just simply does not break my heart even a little bit.

How is possible, a golfer would play to win and NEVER take his foot off the throttle when winning.... and yet be absolutely cool with seeing others do well and win???

I see it like you do. I enjoy the camaraderie and don't want to make it about me. I enjoy seeing

good golf and cheering those on around me. I am competitive when I'm playing well. When I'm

not playing well I am happy to keep cheering others on, play my shots quickly and not become

a distraction.

Acknowledging a good shot, a well played hole, achieving a good score for the round just seems to be the right thing to do. I appreciate the effort on all accounts. The other aspect to this. Never play any competitive golf, as in playing in a tournament. Or games where significant funds may be involved. Where "winning" takes on additional importance. Most of my golf entails playing with the buds, the golf league where I know most all of the other participants. So just seems fitting to offer a "Well played", "Nice shot" when I see it. Even if I'm matched up with a stranger on those rare occasions. Recognize playing at golf is just a recreational endeavor. One to enjoy even when playing lousy and not much fun is being realized. Makes no sense to add being a jackass about it, along with being a mediocre golfer.

What's strange is I'm of a mindset that at it's core, I'm playing golf against myself. Trying to execute the best singular shot, playing the hole to the best of my abilities. And at the end of the round, perhaps achieving a new personal best score. Being able to say to myself, I played pretty well today. Even though I may have only shot an 84. It's all relative. Whether I win or lose compared to another in the group is immaterial. No matter how well I play, there is always someone that will beat the pants off me. Because they are that much better a golfer. Focusing on playing only against myself, keeps my expectations more modest. And by extension, achievable.

a distraction.

Acknowledging a good shot, a well played hole, achieving a good score for the round just seems to be the right thing to do. I appreciate the effort on all accounts. The other aspect to this. Never play any competitive golf, as in playing in a tournament. Or games where significant funds may be involved. Where "winning" takes on additional importance. Most of my golf entails playing with the buds, the golf league where I know most all of the other participants. So just seems fitting to offer a "Well played", "Nice shot" when I see it. Even if I'm matched up with a stranger on those rare occasions. Recognize playing at golf is just a recreational endeavor. One to enjoy even when playing lousy and not much fun is being realized. Makes no sense to add being a jackass about it, along with being a mediocre golfer.

What's strange is I'm of a mindset that at it's core, I'm playing golf against myself. Trying to execute the best singular shot, playing the hole to the best of my abilities. And at the end of the round, perhaps achieving a new personal best score. Being able to say to myself, I played pretty well today. Even though I may have only shot an 84. It's all relative. Whether I win or lose compared to another in the group is immaterial. No matter how well I play, there is always someone that will beat the pants off me. Because they are that much better a golfer. Focusing on playing only against myself, keeps my expectations more modest. And by extension, achievable.

Well said. Golf can bring out some odd behavior at times from otherwise sane people. Not Jacka**

behavior, something else. We golfers rarely play as well as we think we can and that can lead to

some interesting commentary from some. It's fun sometimes to observe what this game can do to

grown men...........and I'm not excluding myself from that group. :)

Lots of good , well thought out conversations. The Judges "oily wrist" method,which is still waiting for warmer weather , which is still a few days

away. Fella's comments are in -depth, and very interesting. I look forward to following this episode thru.

My two cents worth ,are purely personal. I have evolved into a different outlook on the game,as compared to you younger guys. I have loved

this game for a lot of decades. It pains me to say decades ,but it is the truth. Having been involved in sports my whole younger years,it pained

me for years that I wasn't moving to a higher level of competence. After my medical issues a few years ago,my outlook on a lot of things

has changed. I still love this game,but i am now content with being able to play it. Do I still want to shoot low? Absolutely ! But, I am no longer

affected by the score. I enjoy the course. The walk,when able. The company of life-long friends. My regular group has been friends since we

were all riding bikes with training wheels,so you can imagine the fun filled days we have. I enjoy the good shots,but I also enjoy the bad ones.

Thanks to reading your guys comments,I have now gotten to where the bad shots are now an immediate observation of what I did wrong.

I can laugh at myself with a horrible bunker shot,a flubbed chip,awful tee shot. But,I also am very happy with the feel of a pured shot. They

aren't as often as i'd like,but they are nice. I no longer beat myself up over golf. I am simply happy to be out there. I accepted that I am not

going to get any better than I am,due to Father Time standing there watching me. I am going to enjoy every hole i am allowed to play. I may

not attempt to change anything about my play, but i truly love reading your guys exploits. This is going to be the summer that I plan on playing

as many days as possible. Five days a week seems about right. Keep the postings coming guys. I may not answer very often any more,

but your postings,comments,answers are all read with my coco-cola lenses...Have a great year,and hit them .....straight,crooked,low,or high.

Just get out and hit'em.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Well... (long pause with deep breath)

I have three thoughts. Will share two of them here and save the third for later.

First reaction: I'm once again amazed at how far some people are willing to go in the attempt to marry over-complicated biomechanics to simple ball flights. I totally admire and respect the commitment to serving up visuals. A+ for ”visual presentation". I appreciate the calories spent to cobbling that one together. And for me personally in the end, there's not one single actionable thing I feel I can go out there and remotely apply. Nice try to relate shoulder, elbow, and wrist motions to "plane" but for me this one gets a resounding F in terms of helping me hit one golf shot one tiny fraction better. Evidently I'm somehow supposed to now see that swinging down the set-up shaft plane line as seen from down-the-line... (which is only one of the two plane lines normally viewed) all by itself is tethered to how and when we rotate, flex, protract, or extend our trail shoulder, elbow, and wrist? Geez-o-petes. Anyone else feeling like great effort was spent telling you how a case can be made for an argument that's too silly to think about in the first place???

That said, if the goal is to swing along, and return the club to the shaft plane line at impact - good luck with that. That would be what's called a "single plane swing". Justin Rose comes closest to it, even though he's a two-plane golfer, but he's the exception. Matt Kuchar is close to getting it done. Bryson Dechambeau is a single-plane swinger. More Norman was. So I'm lost in the focus of applying two-plane golfers to a single plane concept.

Secondly, I'm once again reminded humans learn on different combinations of levels. This link will most assuredly feed some deep need for some golfers. I may not be one of them personally, but I guarantee you there are absolutely golfers out there who need this brand of language and pictures in order to play golf with any level of enjoyment. What I see as cutting through the maze and haze of conceptual - What I see as turning the complex into the actionable - is clearly not what everyone on this planet sees.

My third reaction is about specifics I personally do - and DON'T see as important when it comes to the nebulous topic of "plane". I see it as an "output" more than a manipulated "input". To serve that rant up... I'm going to need a little time to assemble my personal thoughts. Most assuredly it would NOT read anything like Kelvin's write-up.

Lots of good , well thought out conversations. The Judges "oily wrist" method,which is still waiting for warmer weather , which is still a few days

away. Fella's comments are in -depth, and very interesting. I look forward to following this episode thru.

My two cents worth ,are purely personal. I have evolved into a different outlook on the game,as compared to you younger guys. I have loved

this game for a lot of decades. It pains me to say decades ,but it is the truth. Having been involved in sports my whole younger years,it pained

me for years that I wasn't moving to a higher level of competence. After my medical issues a few years ago,my outlook on a lot of things

has changed. I still love this game,but i am now content with being able to play it. Do I still want to shoot low? Absolutely ! But, I am no longer

affected by the score. I enjoy the course. The walk,when able. The company of life-long friends. My regular group has been friends since we

were all riding bikes with training wheels,so you can imagine the fun filled days we have. I enjoy the good shots,but I also enjoy the bad ones.

Thanks to reading your guys comments,I have now gotten to where the bad shots are now an immediate observation of what I did wrong.

I can laugh at myself with a horrible bunker shot,a flubbed chip,awful tee shot. But,I also am very happy with the feel of a pured shot. They

aren't as often as i'd like,but they are nice. I no longer beat myself up over golf. I am simply happy to be out there. I accepted that I am not

going to get any better than I am,due to Father Time standing there watching me. I am going to enjoy every hole i am allowed to play. I may

not attempt to change anything about my play, but i truly love reading your guys exploits. This is going to be the summer that I plan on playing

as many days as possible. Five days a week seems about right. Keep the postings coming guys. I may not answer very often any more,

but your postings,comments,answers are all read with my coco-cola lenses...Have a great year,and hit them .....straight,crooked,low,or high.

Just get out and hit'em.

Oh my Lord. Somebody PLEASE turn Bill's words into a sign and hang it on Grille door.

It just doesn't get any more pure than that. We play on. We're never too old to learn but we're never more inspired or at peace than when we embrace the spirit of friendships and another day lived. Golf is just a vehicle that enables our chance to do just that. Put the sticks away forever and THAT doesn't change. But play golf without that spirit and we're wasting our lives away.

Beautifully well said Bill. PERFECT!

Reason. I've been remiss in responding to your comprehensive analysis of trajectory management. As initiated in post #22986 and detailed in #22988. Things have been a bit busy the last several days. I certainly did not want you to think that the effort and time involved with composing was not appreciated. There's a lot of information contained within, that will take some time to unpack. The entirety has been copied to retain for future reference. Another addition to my ongoing Reason Swing Things files.

I'm not very good at conceptualizing swing advice without taking it afield and trying something out. Incrementally. In a "try this", one adjustment at a time. Otherwise, I become lost quite easily. Try and isolate one factor to see if it makes a difference. Furthermore, I've not swung a golf club going in a month. We're getting closer to an outdoor opportunity, but the forecast indicates that it's still aways into the future. I'd really like to be able to perform some testing of your analysis with club in hand, and utilizing the second posting as a guide.

WTS, a couple of initial observations:

Somewhere within the wrist release thing was where I found a semblance of being able to control trajectory. As that was the only thing I was testing the 2x at the dome. Where I began to notice that could begin controlling the ball flight. Initially by accident. Then by consciously thinking, "lets try and hit the ball lower". No idea what I was doing, other than c0ck the wrist and release at impact. Was the focus of the endeavor, so no further contemplation of "why" was performed.

B.2 Have been thinking that I all to often take a stance to far away from the ball. A typically miss being out on the toe. I've been attempting to "cozy" up to the ball more than I have in the past. It's a fine line, to close and I've feel constricted during the swing. A WIP trying to adjust the distance I stand from the ball.

I've tried moving the ball position slightly back in my stance. Although this tended to create more problems than it solved. Increasing the propensity for thinned shots and/or a push to the right by not getting through the ball sufficiently. As I've mentioned before, playing the Pings were somewhat tricky business for me. Requiring some measure of clubhead and shaft manipulation through setup to get them to hit a decent shot. They're gone. Hopefully, the new implements will require less of this moving forward.

D.3 I tend to sway back to my right side. Especially with driver and fairways in hand. Not always, but often enough when I'm not paying attention. Cognizant that this is adding loft to the club. Another WIP condition that I'm working on. Staying planted over my stance, and improving my weight shift to the left side. Somewhere within, thinking that less arms and more wrists will help with this facet. All that arms motion, and insufficient turn, facilitates the sway. A big IDK at this point.

A. Grip. Since switching to interlock last year, the grip has become stronger than prior. Part of the constant process of managing the slice. But one aspect that I noticed when testing the wrist thing, the club handle fell into a "natural" position quite automatically. Cannot delineate the particulars, it just did. In other words, if I tried the oily wrist release with how I gripped it prior, seemingly could not make it work. IIRC, had to grip more with my fingers rather than in the palm of the hand. Or something like that, from what I remember from month ago.

So that's where I'm at currently. Which is to say no further along than before do to the time of the year and the climatic conditions. Ready to get outside, just "hit the damn ball", and experiment trying some different things. Trajectory management is not necessarily a high priority with irons in hand. I compensate accordingly. Accuracy and distance control have a higher priority. I rarely play in sufficiently windy conditions where lowering trajectory would be a benefit. With driver on the other hand, feel like I'm leaving some distance gains on the table by hitting the ball to high. Every once in awhile, the stars align and I hit a good one. And notice that the ball travels further with the trajectory lower. So it becomes a matter of executing the same shot with the knowledge of what I did right. I'm a big believer if I executed a shot once, can do it again. Have the capability. A matter of understanding the how and why, and increased the odds of reoccurrence.

That's where it's at currently. Much to work on at some point. And that you understand that I greatly appreciate your contribution. A future update will follow. Maybe by July. Once this blasted winter finally ends. Regards.

P.S. As for a swing vid. IDK if I'm ready for that. Reluctant to even solo view a video, out of fear that it may be more pitiful than I realize. Then where would I be? And least I have this imaging that I'm swinging at least half arse right. Could become a basket case if it proves to be uglier than I thought. Can't go there. Let alone post one up for the whole world (The Grille) to see. Someday? Maybe. Don't hold your breath.

There's not one word in your reply I'd personally pick apart, redefine, frown upon, disagree with, or condescendingly beat to death. Lol. To echo one or two points, I sometimes call it the "stance dilemma". If/when we get too far away from the ball we "feel" as though some hugely unnatural "thing" will ensue. When we crowd the ball by getting too close, the hands and arms can't fly thru impact and that trail elbow gets "stuck"back behind (rather than freely leading) those oily wrists. So a dilemma can occur where we move the arse forward and back, or the chest away or down, all in the effort to find "it" - whatever the heck "it" is.

The assurance I can offfer is that your grip (and you stated it beautifully) absolutely supports your release. That fact and that grip will go MILES toward getting over the ball with comfort and confidence. One thing pulls the other into good things so to speak. We don't even have to want it to - It just happens.

Drivers are always the last hombre to tame. They're asking or more of a swing path to right field with oily wrists whereas shorter clubs are asking for a swing path along the target line (through the ball to the target). It's a visual thing based on being closer or farther from the ball. But rather than letting that by itself foul us up and confuse us, we can simply trust that we can line up square to target and "think" path as being a little more to right field with driver and just let that clubhead fly.

Video... Don't do it Fella. Those who do so are absolutely fine with however it looks, good, bad, or indifferent. Truth be told they normally accept inputs with a certain grain of salt based on how they feel comments given might work for them personally. They aren't too self-critical which is HARD for 95% of golfers.

The majority just don't want and don't care to go there. We're supposed to be having fun, so why compromise that with something potentially painful?

Your position on this one is perfectly understandable.

Hope we get to kick at least some tires as better weather arrives. For kicks if nothing else.

And BTW... there was a 10-year window of my life where trips to Bay City were fairly routine.

Well... (long pause with deep breath)

I have three thoughts. Will share two of them here and save the third for later.

First reaction: I'm once again amazed at how far some people are willing to go in the attempt to marry over-complicated biomechanics to simple ball flights. I totally admire and respect the commitment to serving up visuals. A+ for ”visual presentation". I appreciate the calories spent to cobbling that one together. And for me personally in the end, there's not one single actionable thing I feel I can go out there and remotely apply. Nice try to relate shoulder, elbow, and wrist motions to "plane" but for me this one gets a resounding F in terms of helping me hit one golf shot one tiny fraction better. Evidently I'm somehow supposed to now see that swinging down the set-up shaft plane line as seen from down-the-line... (which is only one of the two plane lines normally viewed) all by itself is tethered to how and when we rotate, flex, protract, or extend our trail shoulder, elbow, and wrist? Geez-o-petes. Anyone else feeling like great effort was spent telling you how a case can be made for an argument that's too silly to think about in the first place???

That said, if the goal is to swing along, and return the club to the shaft plane line at impact - good luck with that. That would be what's called a "single plane swing". Justin Rose comes closest to it, even though he's a two-plane golfer, but he's the exception. Matt Kuchar is close to getting it done. Bryson Dechambeau is a single-plane swinger. More Norman was. So I'm lost in the focus of applying two-plane golfers to a single plane concept.

Secondly, I'm once again reminded humans learn on different combinations of levels. This link will most assuredly feed some deep need for some golfers. I may not be one of them personally, but I guarantee you there are absolutely golfers out there who need this brand of language and pictures in order to play golf with any level of enjoyment. What I see as cutting through the maze and haze of conceptual - What I see as turning the complex into the actionable - is clearly not what everyone on this planet sees.

My third reaction is about specifics I personally do - and DON'T see as important when it comes to the nebulous topic of "plane". I see it as an "output" more than a manipulated "input". To serve that rant up... I'm going to need a little time to assemble my personal thoughts. Most assuredly it would NOT read anything like Kelvin's write-up.

I found it confusing mainly because they were analysing the obvious.every persons body is different but their comments to my mind were almost saying look at this they should be the same action to get the same result. Going back once again to my Judo training, I never had a single instance of two contestants winning a competition using a particular technique where you could slow motion analyse them and they would be the same exact action.

To me it’s this sort of video that makes golf difficult, we are all individuals, our bodied react differently to the same stimulus so its not rocket science to expect the dierences we see in the photos. Over analysis is the problem. I know they were trying to debunk the plane theory but I don’t think many practical golfers believed that anyway.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Just get out and hit'em.

Very interesting post billh, I see myself in all of those comments. Age has many problems but as long as we don’t start saying what is the point of it all it will be good. As reason says let’s make that out billboard.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Still summer, however it feels almost like winter, in a week we have gone from 100 to 65. Now 65 is hot to some of you at present but I can tell you it is not hot, woke up this morning and dragged the winter bedding out, was cold all night.

Hopefully it will warm up this week. Southern Australia which is normally colder than Queensland is now in the middle of a heat wave with temps up in the 100s. The world has gone mad.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

The correct number now is 21....21 days until the first day of spring !

think dry

think warmth

temps above 50

flowers coming up

frogs chirping

birds singing

turkeys ...doing what the hell ever they do

clubs gently clicking/clacking in the bag

Hang in there guys !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Still summer, however it feels almost like winter, in a week we have gone from 100 to 65. Now 65 is hot to some of you at present but I can tell you it is not hot, woke up this morning and dragged the winter bedding out, was cold all night.

Hopefully it will warm up this week. Southern Australia which is normally colder than Queensland is now in the middle of a heat wave with temps up in the 100s. The world has gone mad.

Ha, Funny what your post brings to mind.............going south, for you, takes you to a colder clime.

When it's winter there folks head north for warmer weather. That would mess with my mind, lol.

Well placed thoughts, Tol, relative how individuality flies out of the window amid over analysis. So true.

Anyone heard from Scomacer lately? Not like him to go "poof". Just hoping the old boy is ok.

/////////

We're getting hints of spring lately. Sometimes for 4 days straight. But just about when warmer weather clothing comes out - BAM! Back to winter. Next week, back into the 20s. Tomorrow, mild but rainy. We've seen plenty of rain all year long. There's enough standing water around here lately to land a ski plane.

Golf is hard to come by and it's lift/clean/place when it happens. Squish squish.

The correct number now is 21....21 days until the first day of spring !

think dry

think warmth

temps above 50

flowers coming up

frogs chirping

birds singing

turkeys ...doing what the hell ever they do

clubs gently clicking/clacking in the bag

Hang in there guys !

It seems funny changing seasons in the middle of a month, out autumn start tomorrow, Friday, 1st of March. Summer is officially over, running down now to lighting a fire season.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Just get out and hit'em.

Excellent bill, golf is for enjoyment. Same for me, hope to get out in the league and play once a week if I can keep my balance. Other than that the Grille provides me with golf enjoyment and watching golf on the telly.

Well placed thoughts, Tol, relative how individuality flies out of the window amid over analysis. So true.

Anyone heard from Scomacer lately? Not like him to go "poof". Just hoping the old boy is ok.

/////////

We're getting hints of spring lately. Sometimes for 4 days straight. But just about when warmer weather clothing comes out - BAM! Back to winter. Next week, back into the 20s. Tomorrow, mild but rainy. We've seen plenty of rain all year long. There's enough standing water around here lately to land a ski plane.

Golf is hard to come by and it's lift/clean/place when it happens. Squish squish.

Believe he's tropical cruising. He mentioned he was going at the end of the month. Scotee in Hawaii, soaking in the rays. Several close Buds are currently vacationing in Florida. Sending me pictures of their golfing adventures. Beefing how poorly they're playing. Sitting dockside with umbrella drinks. Been some pithy comments directed back at them, that cannot be disclosed in a public forum. Sigh. And I'm "Stuck inside of Michigan with the winter blues again." (Paraphrasing B. Dylan.)

And nothing in the 10-day forecast that I find the least bit encouraging. Currently -2*. More snow for the weekend. Not even close to 40* in the foreseeable future. The wrists are stiff and creaky, think they need an oil change to a different viscosity. Someday soon......????

Yeah, I've rattled balls around in those right side trees innumerable times over the years. This hole in particular requires some "steerage" off the tee. Doesn't play especially long (6000 yards) but fair number of tree lined holes, some water and marsh, sand traps, hills and valleys. The usual stuff to mess one up. But it's a favorite. A public that we play during the week for $28.00 senior rate.

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)