Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

we have a lesser brand..seldom gets used...i will sometimes use it to make some shaved ice for drinks.

Our fridge did that ,when it was new. That part worked great for a month. Repaired three times,finally gave up on it. Now use the blender. Sounds like

I am torturing the thing when i grind ice. Have to hold the lid on, it vibrates so bad. My sister throws a whole tray in hers, it whirrs and done.

the fridge,by the way,is a Whirlpool..side-by-side..ice maker in door..originally purchased a Samsung...got it in the house...too wide for the space. would have

had to move a cabinet. Changed to the Whirlpool........should have moved the cabinet...

We have one of those fairly new stainless steel side by side Samsungs. Originally 3 trillion $ at Lowe's marked down to $1950 because of a small bump on the right hand lower side that you can only see on August 3rd in bright sunlight in Fiji. So it's got lots of room in it, plus slide out drawers to keep years worth of food you forgot you bought etc etc. Then it has the same ice mauler you are talking about. You put a cup under it which pushes the long plastic tab back and sets things in motion. If you had pre-selected 'cubes' it will drop 1 or 2 cubes, depending on how much of a hurry you are in, into your cup in a constipated fashion. It almost says 'grrrr' when it's doing this. Then, whoa ho ho, should you make the mistake of having pushed the 'crushed ice' button, it begins to rotate a giant wheel. Electricity is drawn for us from the northern grid of Ohio, dimming lights from Central Ohio to Lake Erie. Inside, a huge rusty wheel with hundreds, no thousands of gear-like spikes begin engaging with a second wheel, while cubes of solid ice mixed with 2" diameter ball bearings, old 15/16 wrenches, crow bars, and bench vices are also thrown in for good measure. Spikes break off the wheel as crunching sounds emit at decibels of +100. While you wait for 1 or 2 days, you finally get your small portion of cold silver diarrhea. Then afterwards, at least on my fridge (really) - after you go sit down with your cup of whatever- the best I can explain the next sound... you know those pizza places with the fire brick ovens? They have those giant wood flat pallet spoon things that they put pizzas in and out of the oven? Well, about every 10 minutes, somebody takes one of those, and slaps! it on the side of the fridge after the ice-maker is used, just to remind you never to use it again. A ventriloquist or in this case a fridgetriloquist makes that awful loud slap sound come out of the ice-maker...

That's my fridge/ice maker story.

Sixty !!! Thats it...thats the sound mine made.....for a month,then it clammed up tighter than a street walker in church on Sunday morning !

sounded like the JAWS fisherman running his nails across the chalkboard ! It was a great sound while it lasted. Made me happy I had chosen

an old time famous brand like whirlpool....and did not stray to the dark side of that Asian Brand. That red-white-and blue feeling lasted for

33 days...then it was just blue....no ice crushes...no slivers... ....no noise... it still makes ice....multitudes of frozen cubes,making the noise you

mentioned..sounds like dropping a tin can on the kitchen floor as each cube hits the container. And there it will remain...frozen in place..

only allows you to use the top three cubes...all the others are frozen into a 5 inch by 4 inch by 8 inch block of ice which has to be sat under

warm water once every three weeks,melted down,container dried....re-placed and started over. I am tempted to purchase a machine that does

absolutely nothing...except grinds,crushes and slivers ice cubes.......After all of this ..i came to one major conclusion:

I should have moved the cabinet.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

In the spirit of Bill's driveways and parkways.

Why is paying for a traffic violation called a "fine" when I'm rarely cool with it? May as well refer to post-op pain as "fun".

"Dry cleaning". Suggests nothing gets wet. Trickeration. Shirts come back two sizes smaller. "Dry cleaning" should be called heat shrinking.

"Merger". Nearly impossible. It's a euphemism for the fact Company A bought all, or a controlling interest of Company B. The term suggests products/services won't decline while jobs won't be lost. Makes it sound like a monopoly isn't in play. Yea, right. Merger needs to be renamed to bend over.

A penny saved is a penny earned. Not really. I first have to earn it and then I get to decide what to do with it. This one is like saying pants on your arse are pants on the hanger. Makes no "cents". :)

Trail blazer. Not an endearing term. What we're really saying is a reckless pyromaniac made it possible for us to take a shortcut.

In the spirit of Bill's driveways and parkways.

A penny saved is a penny earned. Not really. I first have to earn it and then I get to decide what to do with it. This one is like saying pants on your arse are pants on the hanger. Makes no "cents". :)

Penny pincher, ha that one is funny too, never understood it. Saw a commercial on tv where they sell this copper sani-bar that keeps you cootie free if you rub your hands on it. They also give you a cloth to wipe it off with. I was thinking you wouldn't need the cloth right, I mean the cooties wouldn't hurt you if you already got 'em taken care of.

https://coppertouch.com/product/coppertouch-gk95/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInOTXg-3m4AIV9CCtBh3hcQI_EAYYASABEgLtDvD_BwE

Food names, who thought this stuff up?

Yogurt. 'hey Sid, what's this stuff?' 'uh, I dunno, maybe, yeah- yom, no yogurt' 'what the, yogurt, did this come out of a bad place of a goat?'

Head cheese. End of discussion.

Musings on yet another rainy day. Will put this out there in hopes it stirs at least some level of individual reflections/replies.

I've got zero predetermined agenda, "yes but" ideas, or "you totally missed the point" notions in mind. This is not baiting. It's merely a simple question that can go where ever you want it to go. If you see it as an eye rolling waste of time, sorry I bothered you with it. Here goes:

When your only tool is a hammer, all the world is a nail.

Now, when is that a good thing on, and off the course?

When is it a bad thing?

Fire (or not) at will.

Will may not see the humor at getting fired at ------- just saying

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Glad to be above ground and feeling blessed to even be able to post on such a site, about a game we're lucky enough to be able to enjoy!

Cheers,

Joe

Darn honored and glad to have ya

Welcome Joe!

Walked nine earlier in the week. Was so tired after I got home, I laid down around 4:00 pm. Woke up at 7, went to bed. Old age is coming on hard. Yesterday, 2" of snow, all melted by late afternoon. Supposed to be a snow event Sunday into Monday. Who knows?

The months roll by quickly.

Came across a website, Twenty Dollar Tie a couple weeks ago. Ordered a Masters type long tie for Spring. The tie came as a set, with pocket square and cuff links, free shipping. Haven't worn it, but seems like nice quality.

Ordered a couple bow ties yesterday. A blue with dots, and a green, with a black pattern.

Most excitement I've had all winter.

Now, if I only had somewhere to wear my new ties.

Cheers!

Guess what Wriggs? This is just the opposite from you--- I do not own a tie of any kind do not own a sport coat or suit--- Ain't gonna go anywhere that one is required--- If that is the case I will stay at home. Stu does not do formal settings---Ya gotta take me as I am straight off the trailer

I have a question for the group. Does anyone have or have used a Vitamix blender/pulverizer?

Cobi is looking at them online. They're expensive little buggers. We have visions of making our

own fruit/vegetable smoothies with fruit and veggies from our own trees and gardens.

Most blenders don't do the job so that's why she's looking at these. I never heard of a 2.2 horsepower

motor in a blender until now, lol. And I guess the blades are nearly as sharp and tough as diamonds.

Marketing or real? Anyone have experience with one of these?

We had one of those Ninja brand things which turned out to be a POS. Ours died within 3 months and they sent us another. It lasted maybe 5. I got fed up and they gave us a refund after I threatened legal action on the federal level. Hey after all they ship USPS and sell on TV (FCC). I got a full refund. Aout 6 months later a dump truck came into the shredder and it was full of those Ninjas. I laughed and took pics for the wife. Wonder which of the two were ours?

Asked my wife about the machine you referenced and she stated it was the Rolls Royce of food processors/ blender things

Sixty !!! Thats it...thats the sound mine made.....for a month,then it clammed up tighter than a street walker in church on Sunday morning !

sounded like the JAWS fisherman running his nails across the chalkboard ! It was a great sound while it lasted. Made me happy I had chosen

an old time famous brand like whirlpool....and did not stray to the dark side of that Asian Brand. That red-white-and blue feeling lasted for

33 days...then it was just blue....no ice crushes...no slivers... ....no noise... it still makes ice....multitudes of frozen cubes,making the noise you

mentioned..sounds like dropping a tin can on the kitchen floor as each cube hits the container. And there it will remain...frozen in place..

only allows you to use the top three cubes...all the others are frozen into a 5 inch by 4 inch by 8 inch block of ice which has to be sat under

warm water once every three weeks,melted down,container dried....re-placed and started over. I am tempted to purchase a machine that does

absolutely nothing...except grinds,crushes and slivers ice cubes.......After all of this ..i came to one major conclusion:

I should have moved the cabinet.

Sorta had a similar experience around 15 years ago with ours. Finally the damn thing died all of it. Went down to an appliance store and bought a new old school type fridge with no ice maker. Now days they make silicone ice trays which release easy compared to the old school ones where you run water and attempt to pull the handle. Also got a smoking hot deal since there was dent and scratch on the side that sits next to the wall. Gave around $400 or $500 for it got full warranty. I even picked it up myself and put it in. Saved the $25 delivery charge. The guy trying to sell the delivery asked what about your old unit? I told him who I worked for and he clammed up. Yep got $10 for the old one.

Welcome Joe!

Walked nine earlier in the week. Was so tired after I got home, I laid down around 4:00 pm. Woke up at 7, went to bed. Old age is coming on hard. Yesterday, 2" of snow, all melted by late afternoon. Supposed to be a snow event Sunday into Monday. Who knows?

Came across a website, Twenty Dollar Tie a couple weeks ago. Ordered a Masters type long tie for Spring. The tie came as a set, with pocket square and cuff links, free shipping. Haven't worn it, but seems like nice quality.

Ordered a couple bow ties yesterday. A blue with dots, and a green, with a black pattern.

Cheers!

Guess what Wriggs? This is just the opposite from you--- I do not own a tie of any kind do not own a sport coat or suit--- Ain't gonna go anywhere that one is required--- If that is the case I will stay at home. Stu does not do formal settings---Ya gotta take me as I am straight off the trailer

Love it, you're entirely welcome to any event of mine including my funeral, as is :)

Welcome Joe!

Cheers!

Love it, you're entirely welcome to any event of mine including my funeral, as is :)

However, if I go first, this means there will be a special place for Wrigs to come and wear his new Masters themed tie...

Root Beer...............Ginger Ale............................7 up......7 what?......what up?

See, how did you know? That's the Ketchup we use. No HFCS.

BTW, who spells ketchup....catsup? I remember seeing that on bottles in the grocery store.

I haven't paid attention to it in years. Maybe some still do. Time for google dee doo.

Back home from the south late this afternoon. A week just isn't long enough, but that will have to do at least until DW has retired. WE sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale' making stops in Nassau, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and a private island in the Bahamas. Near perfect weather everyday with the evening in San Juan the only rain we had. Saw a flamenco show there featuring Juan Carlos:

There's very little on the interwebs about this man, but he has had a storied career of over 50 years duration. At best guess he is pushing 80 now and can still play as adroitly.

Didn't take long to get tooled with the amount of activity on here since I left on the 22nd. Still have a lot to catch up on.

On the downside, DW's car was damaged in the wind storm last week as the side was repeatedly hit by a barn door that had come undone. The damage is mostly cosmetic, but I suspect it will be ~$2500 to repair based on previous dings. It had occurred to me that she had left it in a dangerous spot, but it slipped my mind to move it the day we left. I guess I was assuming that we would drive her car to the airport, but ended up taking mine instead. :swoon2:

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Conrad. Here's hoping you and yours are OK and not impacted by the tornadoes down your way yesterday. With 23 souls lost. Lee county being hit the hardest, back to back tornadoes in less than an hour. That's crazy. Don't remember where you live in AL. The pics and video I viewed looked like it was in daylight hours, and I see you posted in the evening. So speculating that you were not unduly impacted. Nevertheless.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Root Beer...............Ginger Ale............................7 up......7 what?......what up?

See, how did you know? That's the Ketchup we use. No HFCS.

BTW, who spells ketchup....catsup? I remember seeing that on bottles in the grocery store.

I haven't paid attention to it in years. Maybe some still do. Time for google dee doo.

Catsup...

Welcome Joe!

Cheers!

I've said it before. I'd be honored to go to anywhere with you, (or anyone else in this forum) tie or no tie.

Welcome Joe!

Cheers!

However, if I go first, this means there will be a special place for Wrigs to come and wear his new Masters themed tie...

When I got the tie, the first thing I thought of, I hope nobody passes. I hate funerals, tie or no tie. Just makes me think of the inevitable.

No golf this week. Cold, with snow on the ground. 50's by Saturday, though.

Keep warm!

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)