Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Obviously suffering diarrhea of the post button here tonight, so what's one more before turning in???

There may well be a short in my personal wiring and I wanted to bounce it off the Grillesters to see what you guys think.

May be there's something wrong with me but I don't have to hit a great shot to appreciate one. LOVE hitting one, but I'm honestly and genuinely happy when a playing partner gets it done. I don't have to "win" either.

Now make no mistake about it, if my grandmother walked out there and puts a club in her hands, I'll stomp a mud hole in her arse if it's within my ability that day. And if she wants strokes I'll make her sorry she asked.

But, I've been absolutely annihilated out there many times. Just embarrassingly drummed.... and had me a blast. Always saw it as living to fight another day. Always enjoyed someone else's good play even when my game or shots were not going well. If I'm doing well, I want it to hold up under good competition. But the act of losing just simply does not break my heart even a little bit.

How is possible, a golfer would play to win and NEVER take his foot off the throttle when winning.... and yet be absolutely cool with seeing others do well and win???

Something inside all of that just doesn't add up, no????

I see it like you do. I enjoy the camaraderie and don't want to make it about me. I enjoy seeing

good golf and cheering those on around me. I am competitive when I'm playing well. When I'm

not playing well I am happy to keep cheering others on, play my shots quickly and not become

a distraction.

Wholeheartedly agree with both of these posts!

Cheers,

Joe

Glad to be above ground and feeling blessed to even be able to post on such a site, about a game we're lucky enough to be able to enjoy!

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Joe, welcome! We need mo of mo_golf_joe Glad you are feeling blessed, it is a blessing to be here. Wonderful place, and your presence will make it even brighter. We have fun obviously, we enjoy our golf, and each other's stories, and generally have a good time. So please feel free to be a part of the Grille as if you've known us forever and we'll do the same :)

pl

please say hi to mo_golf_joe...

Yes, nice to see mo_golf_joe back! The Grille is open 24/7 and you never know who may drop in

and pull up a chair. And I wholeheartedly agree.....we need mo mo_golf_joe!

You're always welcome here Joe. Nothing exclusive about this bunch. Everyone got here by randomly passing by and just diving in. We live in all corners of the map and come with all manor of backgrounds. Feel free - anytime.

"MOE" KNOWS BLESSINGS!

Musings on yet another rainy day. Will put this out there in hopes it stirs at least some level of individual reflections/replies.

I've got zero predetermined agenda, "yes but" ideas, or "you totally missed the point" notions in mind. This is not baiting. It's merely a simple question that can go where ever you want it to go. If you see it as an eye rolling waste of time, sorry I bothered you with it. Here goes:

When your only tool is a hammer, all the world is a nail.

Now, when is that a good thing on, and off the course?

When is it a bad thing?

Fire (or not) at will.

A quick note, no idea when I will be back in the Grille, Internet is out and no idea when it will be back, explain later,using the data off son’s phone to send this.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Musings on yet another rainy day. Will put this out there in hopes it stirs at least some level of individual reflections/replies.

I've got zero predetermined agenda, "yes but" ideas, or "you totally missed the point" notions in mind. This is not baiting. It's merely a simple question that can go where ever you want it to go. If you see it as an eye rolling waste of time, sorry I bothered you with it. Here goes:

When your only tool is a hammer, all the world is a nail.

Now, when is that a good thing on, and off the course?

When is it a bad thing?

Fire (or not) at will.

When i gather walnuts from the tree in the lower yard,the hammer is a good thing.

something is whispering in my ear,that this isn't quite what you are looking for

Not too good for getting Mary Louise's shirt off ....never mind.....let me think about that one

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Welcome Joe!

Walked nine earlier in the week. Was so tired after I got home, I laid down around 4:00 pm. Woke up at 7, went to bed. Old age is coming on hard. Yesterday, 2" of snow, all melted by late afternoon. Supposed to be a snow event Sunday into Monday. Who knows?

The months roll by quickly.

Came across a website, Twenty Dollar Tie a couple weeks ago. Ordered a Masters type long tie for Spring. The tie came as a set, with pocket square and cuff links, free shipping. Haven't worn it, but seems like nice quality.

Ordered a couple bow ties yesterday. A blue with dots, and a green, with a black pattern.

Most excitement I've had all winter.

Now, if I only had somewhere to wear my new ties.

Cheers!

I have a question for the group. Does anyone have or have used a Vitamix blender/pulverizer?

Cobi is looking at them online. They're expensive little buggers. We have visions of making our

own fruit/vegetable smoothies with fruit and veggies from our own trees and gardens.

Most blenders don't do the job so that's why she's looking at these. I never heard of a 2.2 horsepower

motor in a blender until now, lol. And I guess the blades are nearly as sharp and tough as diamonds.

Marketing or real? Anyone have experience with one of these?

I have a question for the group. Does anyone have or have used a Vitamix blender/pulverizer?

Cobi is looking at them online. They're expensive little buggers. We have visions of making our

own fruit/vegetable smoothies with fruit and veggies from our own trees and gardens.

Most blenders don't do the job so that's why she's looking at these. I never heard of a 2.2 horsepower

motor in a blender until now, lol. And I guess the blades are nearly as sharp and tough as diamonds.

my sister has one Rad,for the same reason you guys are considering it. She lives on a farm,and i have never used it,but i have never heard her complain about it. Had no idea the motor was that big. And ,i know they are costly,because her hubby whined for weeks when he found out what she paid...lol

and be prepared for it to be louder than the blender you currently have. I thought hers was not working properly when i heard it the first time.

she was grinding walnuts for the family Christmas dinner. Noisy ,but she is happy with it.

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

my sister has one Rad,for the same reason you guys are considering it. She lives on a farm,and i have never used it,but i have never heard her complain about it. Had no idea the motor was that big. And ,i know they are costly,because her hubby whined for weeks when he found out what she paid...lol

and be prepared for it to be louder than the blender you currently have. I thought hers was not working properly when i heard it the first time.

she was grinding walnuts for the family Christmas dinner. Noisy ,but she is happy with it.

Thanks Bill! That is very helpful.

We got our first one Rad at the Ohio State Fair in the early 80's. It finally died a few years ago, so there's that for longevity. She got her second a few years ago, a 6300 model I think. She has an array of blend-chines and cuisine-a-hickeys to use heretofore unregistered Reasy words... She loves her Vitamix though. As they say, you brought nothing with you, and you can take nothing with you, but her VItamix will be something she will at least ask about for a waiver...

Conrad. No first hand experience; however, a close friend's Mrs. has one and swears by it. They're vegetarians and she's always using it to make a variety of dishes they eat. Purees, veggie soups, all manner of nut butters, etc. Recall her mentioning that a lesser blender did not do a satisfactory job of emulsifying. About all that I can remember. We've tried making some recipes that she's given us with our more basic Cusinart blender and they did not come out the same. If all one is going to make is smoothies, don't need one.

Looking online, the Pro 750 looks like the model she has. Sheesh, those things aren't cheap. About the price of a new driver with after market shaft. So it's all relative. Horsepower rules. Go big or go home. LOL.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

We got our first one Rad at the Ohio State Fair in the early 80's. It finally died a few years ago, so there's that for longevity. She got her second a few years ago, a 6300 model I think. She has an array of blend-chines and cuisine-a-hickeys to use heretofore unregistered Reasy words... She loves her Vitamix though. As they say, you brought nothing with you, and you can take nothing with you, but her VItamix will be something she will at least ask about for a waiver...

Awesome! May your swim in almond butter be downstream. Pulverissimo and andantinoforte!

Conrad. No first hand experience; however, a close friend's Mrs. has one and swears by it. They're vegetarians and she's always using it to make a variety of dishes they eat. Purees, veggie soups, all manner of nut butters, etc. Recall her mentioning that a lesser blender did not do a satisfactory job of emulsifying. About all that I can remember. We've tried making some recipes that she's given us with our more basic Cusinart blender and they did not come out the same. If all one is going to make is smoothies, don't need one.

Looking online, the Pro 750 looks like the model she has. Sheesh, those things aren't cheap. About the price of a new driver with after market shaft. So it's all relative. Horsepower rules. Go big or go home. LOL.

Wow, thanks for all the great responses! Looks like we're going to buy a refurbished one direct from

Vitamix for about $350 and free shipping with a 7 year warranty. Me not going to pay the big$$ for one;

that's enough. Apparently has a heater so you can make soup or can go the other route and make

soft serve ice cream. Cobi watched a bunch of videos online; then had the arduous task of selling me, lol.

But we all know her happiness is the key to our happiness.....so I was not a tough sell.....unless she

wanted the $1,000 one. 2.2 horsepower..........a small lawnmower in the kitchen. :)

Wow, thanks for all the great responses! Looks like we're going to buy a refurbished one direct from

Vitamix for about $350 and free shipping with a 7 year warranty. Me not going to pay the big$$ for one;

that's enough. Apparently has a heater so you can make soup or can go the other route and make

soft serve ice cream. Cobi watched a bunch of videos online; then had the arduous task of selling me, lol.

But we all know her happiness is the key to our happiness.....so I was not a tough sell.....unless she

wanted the $1,000 one. 2.2 horsepower..........a small lawnmower in the kitchen. :)

Yep, soups, smoothies, peanut butter, ice cream, golf outfits, they blend anything. The soups are 'powerful good' as Andy Taylor may have told Opie. The smoothies are fabulous, and the peanut butter, you can make it just as natural as Dolly Parton's original equipment... :dntknw:

Bill, thank you for playing along with my useless pondering. At least all was not lost - lol.

Wrings - You're all set for a dapper Master's week, or any other occasion where a little extra pizzazz might be nice. Good find.

Rad - I'm as dumb as Hogan's goat when it comes to kitchen appliances. On the rarest occasion I'm blending something up, I grab that doo-dad with buttons on the front, mash any random one of them, and walk away like I knew what I was doing. :). Seems like buttons to the left make go slower than ones to the right. Must have something to do with how big of a hurry you're in? My kids invested in some gadget called the "bullet" or "nutri-bullet"??? Beats me what it is but they both have them and make all sorts of smoothie type drinks in them. All I know is I can't watch and don't want to know what exactly goes in to those concoctions. If I did I wouldn't be able to choke it down. They hand me a glass of some strange colored goo and I drink it - no questions asked lol.

Yes bill, the noise, when we got our first, we had seen the thing displayed of course at the fair, so we knew what to expect, but when you get it in your kitchen, it sounds more electro-hyper-blastitic... this meant you had a good one. Ours was stainless steel which also meant the sound reached all borders of Ohio. If you put various fruits in plus ice cubes then the government would park out on the street in an unmarked van with lots of antennas on the top, for a day or two, but nothing ever came of it (yet). They have quieted down a lot since, but my DW still likes to order pecans from Priester's once in a while and pulverize them (thank you Alabama).

Hey..if they give a 7 year warranty with a refurbished one, you can pretty much not worry about ! They're a good product !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

we have a lesser brand..seldom gets used...i will sometimes use it to make some shaved ice for drinks.

Our fridge did that ,when it was new. That part worked great for a month. Repaired three times,finally gave up on it. Now use the blender. Sounds like

I am torturing the thing when i grind ice. Have to hold the lid on, it vibrates so bad. My sister throws a whole tray in hers, it whirrs and done.

the fridge,by the way,is a Whirlpool..side-by-side..ice maker in door..originally purchased a Samsung...got it in the house...too wide for the space. would have

had to move a cabinet. Changed to the Whirlpool........should have moved the cabinet...

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

is it just me,or.....

are the announcers on mens golf broadcasts trying super hard to make it a whole lot more dramatic than it is?

the huge bulk of commercials on TV seem to be aimed at the 6th grade level of understanding.?

Gasoline prices are fairly stable, and our governor is going to add 18 cents tax to the current cost. Maybe he is the

mental midget they are aiming the commercials at.

why do the airlines promote a one way ticket special price ? are that many folks trying to leave and never come back?

why couldn't you buy one special one way down,and then another from there to here? She gave me a funny look when i asked

that. She has absolutely no sense of humor.

why do we drive on a parkway....and park on a driveway?

why do banks always send you loan offers ..when you dont need a loan? I do not know anyone who has gotten decent loan

offers when they needed them .

ok...im just getting ready for the white gloom that is forecast to hit here tomorrow. If we get 6 inches of snow,i wont get down the drive for a week !

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)