Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @tolmij said:

> > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > @scotee. Thank you kindly for sharing the pinto bean recipe. Much appreciated. In any recipe calling for garlic, we'll typically double the amount. I add a tablespoon (or two) of Numex chili powder for a bit of a TexMex flair. May have to experiment with the amount of cilantro added. I'm a fan of the cilantro, the Mrs., not so much.

>

> Man after my own heart, always put plenty of garlic, it’s a natural sanitiser for the body, we grow our own chillies, dry and crush them, really hot. Cilantro, seeds yes love them leaves not on your life.

>

> Son takes mouth freshener into his office, small room, no windows. Second hand garlic is not nice.

@tolmij you sound like my dad. He thinks the Cilantro leaves taste like soap. Of course he thinks that parmesan cheese smells like dirty socks and won't touch that either. We love Cilantro. It makes Mex food taste "authentic" :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > > Great picture Tol. The infectious smiles on you and your son makes the scene, happy to see Dad arriving home. Strangely, caught a brief whiff of horse and onions as I was viewing. Nah, couldn't be. ???

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > It was rather strong, never know. One of those situations I wanted to get away from myself.

> >

> > Been there myself many a time...

> >

> > Used to do a bit of relief milking for a neighbour after I retired. He washed the parlour down with recycled wash water. It just reeked! Nothing like the combination of dairy chemicals, sour milk and sh*t! First stop when you walked in the house was the shower. Do not pass go!

> >

> > I still think that the worst thing to cross this nose was recycled human waste. The city used to run a program where they took composted sewage and would sell it to farmers to apply to their land. The farm across the way from us was rented out to a sod company at the time and they would apply that stuff after they had harvested the sod crop.

> >

> > It was August when the compost was delivered; several tractor trailer loads of it making a small mountain. Didn't notice it in the beginning when it was dry, but we got a couple of days of heavy thunderstorms followed by mid 90's weather with high humidity. I remember coming out of the house one morning and just about vomiting from the smell! It was beyond words.

> >

> > It took them 5 days to spread the compost and incorporate it into the soil by plowing. The smell lingered for two weeks! The city was getting complaints as far away as 15 miles from our location. After that they quit selling the stuff in large quantities, in fact I have no idea what they did with it, perhaps it ended up in landfill. They closed down the plant the handled organic waste about three years ago because of complaints by residents of the smell. It all just goes into landfill now much as it once did.

> >

> > There's a lot of lip service that gets paid to being environmentally friendly, but the truth is most people don't want to deal with it. Just make it go away and don't bother me...

>

> Like Agree and LoL We had a compost place across the river called ECO. You could take yard waste there for free. Trouble was any time the breeze came from the North they got complaints about the stink. They went out of business.

We have a yard waste facility about two miles from home, being a rural area it is busy all day every day it is open. Once a week they have the shredder in there make great heaps of garden mulch and then give it away to local residents for free. Never smells and never enough mulch.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @scotee said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > We were talking about past times today and this was part of the conversation. Arriving home on a Saturday afternoon after a day shoeing horses. Stopped for fuel and a paper, they were selling bags of onions at $5 each so took one home. This was me on a clean day, son helping with the picture. The instruction immediately after this was strip off and shower, no food, drink or hug before all the horse smell was gone, I did smell a little high after a day under horses.

> >

> > wja3ahb2xtvb.jpeg

> >

>

> Love the pic @tolmij I have finally undertaken the tedious project of copying old photos and slides from our family. It is fun to look back at the old times good and bad. That looks like the best of times!

It was certainly busy times,I was running three jobs, two self employed as it was possibly our tightest money situation ever. Many happy days though

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well, home from the cake party, it was quite a to do. Lots of people, sheet cakes and ice cream. I had to give a speech but it was all fun, then there were gifts. Two gift cards, a bald eagle head cover, a very nice mantle clock, a beautiful golf towel with a photograph of the last company tournament with me and my team embossed on it, Shaun Webb's Premium Putting Mat, and a framed version of goodbye retirement article I wrote for the corporate news letter. These people are wonderful.

• Like 2

> @scotee said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @Fellaheen51 said:

> > > @scotee. Thank you kindly for sharing the pinto bean recipe. Much appreciated. In any recipe calling for garlic, we'll typically double the amount. I add a tablespoon (or two) of Numex chili powder for a bit of a TexMex flair. May have to experiment with the amount of cilantro added. I'm a fan of the cilantro, the Mrs., not so much.

> >

> > Man after my own heart, always put plenty of garlic, it’s a natural sanitiser for the body, we grow our own chillies, dry and crush them, really hot. Cilantro, seeds yes love them leaves not on your life.

> >

> > Son takes mouth freshener into his office, small room, no windows. Second hand garlic is not nice.

>

> @tolmij you sound like my dad. He thinks the Cilantro leaves taste like soap. Of course he thinks that parmesan cheese smells like dirty socks and won't touch that either. We love Cilantro. It makes Mex food taste "authentic" :)

Totally agree cilantro makes Mex taste authentic.....and does not taste like soap! LOL

A salsa I make from time to time

Grab a bunch of tomatillos and toss in a frying pan with some serrano peppers....singe the skins of both

and peel them off. Meanwhile throw some garlic cloves in a blender.....or Vitamix, heehee and pulverize

them. Leave the garlic in the blender and toss in the tomatillos and serranos and blend. Pour in a dipping

bowl and stir in some cilantro leaves...............and a nice green salsa is ready to eat.

i deliberately left out quantities as people can make the salsa as garlicky or as hot as they like. If mild salsa

is the goal substitute ortega (or anaheim) peppers for the serranos.

• Like 1

Congrats again Six. Right behind you. End of May. I am trying to lay low but someone somewhere will try to celebrate the occasion. I will probably cry worse than Brandt Snedeker or Fred Couples. My life will change. Hope your new days are filled with great things.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Well, home from the cake party, it was quite a to do. Lots of people, sheet cakes and ice cream. I had to give a speech but it was all fun, then there were gifts. Two gift cards, a bald eagle head cover, a very nice mantle clock, a beautiful golf towel with a photograph of the last company tournament with me and my team embossed on it, Shaun Webb's Premium Putting Mat, and a framed version of goodbye retirement article I wrote for the corporate news letter. These people are wonderful.

Now it’s official the party can really begin.????‍♂️The result? of too much too soon. They must have thought you were really special giving you that send off, it is nice to be appreciated, all too often we work hard and no one bothers to say thank you. You will miss them for a while but we will help you through the dark times.??.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Well, home from the cake party, it was quite a to do. Lots of people, sheet cakes and ice cream. I had to give a speech but it was all fun, then there were gifts. Two gift cards, a bald eagle head cover, a very nice mantle clock, a beautiful golf towel with a photograph of the last company tournament with me and my team embossed on it, Shaun Webb's Premium Putting Mat, and a framed version of goodbye retirement article I wrote for the corporate news letter. These people are wonderful.

That is wonderful. You sowed good seed for years and left your spot in good hands. You will be missed

and you will miss them but being in the golf league will maintain a connection.

I know for both you and Scotee you are leaving behind work you loved doing and people you will miss.

I remember Scotee saying how hard this is going to be because being a dentist is such a big part of who

he is.

I imagine for you as well, being a professional manager is a big part of who you are.

IMO, I don't think when you retire you lose that identity. As they say "there are no ex-marines,

only marines".

• Like 1

Congratulations on your official retirement, Sixty.

I agree with Scotee regarding some professions make up a big part of identity. I think that retirement does make you lose some of that identity, though. I know a few doctors and professional men, once they retired, they gravitated to people who they would have never been friends with, before they retired. A doctor I knew became very close friends with a blue collar steelworker. Same with a HS principal, he became close to another steelworker. Retirement seems to even the playing field, transcends all income and social classes. People are maybe, more apt to see themselves in a different light than just occupational achievements.

A good thing.

My opinion, for what it's worth.

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Well, home from the cake party, it was quite a to do. Lots of people, sheet cakes and ice cream. I had to give a speech but it was all fun, then there were gifts. Two gift cards, a bald eagle head cover, a very nice mantle clock, a beautiful golf towel with a photograph of the last company tournament with me and my team embossed on it, Shaun Webb's Premium Putting Mat, and a framed version of goodbye retirement article I wrote for the corporate news letter. These people are wonderful.

>

> That is wonderful. You sowed good seed for years and left your spot in good hands. You will be missed

> and you will miss them but being in the golf league will maintain a connection.

>

> I know for both you and Scotee you are leaving behind work you loved doing and people you will miss.

> I remember Scotee saying how hard this is going to be because being a dentist is such a big part of who

> he is.

>

> I imagine for you as well, being a professional manager is a big part of who you are.

>

> IMO, I don't think when you retire you lose that identity. As they say "there are no ex-marines,

> only marines".

Yes the people I will miss will be the hardest part. Yesterday there were two people who both said something very nice that meant a lot. They were hourly employees that over the years I had brought into quality assurance and eventually made quality assurance technicians. They had had rough backgrounds, and the job at the company was kind of a last resort, a guy and a lady. It was taking a chance but I really thought they could make it. Well, they did, and today they are both fabulous employees. One said 'thanks for giving me a chance', and the other said 'thanks for believing in me'. I think that meant more than anything yesterday.

• Like 1

> @Wriggles said:

> Congratulations on your official retirement, Sixty.

> I agree with Scotee regarding some professions make up a big part of identity. I think that retirement does make you lose some of that identity, though. I know a few doctors and professional men, once they retired, they gravitated to people who they would have never been friends with, before they retired. A doctor I knew became very close friends with a blue collar steelworker. Same with a HS principal, he became close to another steelworker. Retirement seems to even the playing field, transcends all income and social classes. People are maybe, more apt to see themselves in a different light than just occupational achievements.

> A good thing.

> My opinion, for what it's worth.

Exactly Wrigs, people are people, we should be the same everywhere we go. I always tried to manage people the way I wanted to be managed, just with fairness and not some high positioned person. I always told my people any conversation I have with you, I want to be able to continue at Walmart, meaning I don't want to be one person here, and try to be someone else outside of work...

• Like 1

I had some catching up to do as I was extremely busy this week. Was down to crunch time on the contract hauls due to our people on the yard and office screw ups which is getting worse. Plus they are sweating bullets as we had a local driver quit and they have not found a replacement yet. Drivers are hard to find. They just came out with a stat this week saying there is a shortage nationwide right now of 50,000 truck drivers. More than likely at either the end of September or December at the latest there will be one more as in me. Yep I am going to retire at 62. My wife retires at the end of April. Oh I will piddle around some with a little job somewhere but I am tired of busting my butt.

On a finer note there was some great recipes posted here and I copied a couple down in my notebook. BTW I did write down who posted them

The deal on the fertilizer brought back memories. On our course we used what was called sewer sludge on the fairways. I used to have to mix that stuff in the manure spreader with sand and spread it. One of my earliest jobs having to do with that was after it was spread taking a stick with a nail on the end and picking up the used condoms in it. Later on when I got my license I had to haul it from the treatment plant on the C-60 Chevrolet truck. In NC back in those days you could have a Farm/ Agricultural license at 16. A golf course qualified plus my Grandfather was a Tobacco Farmer. I had that plus at 16 you could drive a school bus and I did that too. Told someone the other day I have NEVER had a regular drivers license. Now days you can not buy sewer sludge in fact in our area they gave it away. Now that stuff is sold to several companies nationwide and it is washed sanitized and pelletized and is sold as a product called Milorganite. It still has some stink to it when it gets wet though but no picking out used condoms.

Anyhow have a late tee time today right around the corner from the house at 12:47 so I just now got out of bed and fixed coffee. Yep sleeping in until 6:30 is late for me

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

> @Wriggles said:

> Congratulations on your official retirement, Sixty.

> I agree with Scotee regarding some professions make up a big part of identity. I think that retirement does make you lose some of that identity, though. I know a few doctors and professional men, once they retired, they gravitated to people who they would have never been friends with, before they retired. A doctor I knew became very close friends with a blue collar steelworker. Same with a HS principal, he became close to another steelworker. ** Retirement seems to even the playing field, transcends all income and social classes. People are maybe, more apt to see themselves in a different light than just occupational achievements.**

> A good thing.

> My opinion, for what it's worth.

I think that you're spot on here. I know that when I left my industry I became a different person over the course of three or four years. You lose the thread that binds you to your work colleagues, but you will find new areas of common interest with other folks and thus new relationships are born. When I look back over the past 15 years it's really rather remarkable. I guess there always was this other person hiding inside just waiting for a little sun to shine in order for it to bloom.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yesterday was a gorgeous day with the temperatures reaching up to 60°F! It would have been a good day for golf or at least a trip to the range, but I wasn't aware of any being open yet until I got to the curling club that is. One of the guys that plays in the league that follows my wife told me that he's been out three times in the last week. Conditions were pretty hard early on with frost still in the ground, but it was still golf. :)

I had the cars in this week to get their spring service, summer tires put on and detailing and the like so that they're ready for the warmer weather. The train whistle that I have mentioned a couple of times was close at hand as there's definitely some freight hauling going on across the (Grand) river.

While waiting on the car yesterday I spent some time sitting on a bench alongside the river walking path admiring the view. I was thinking that this would be a nice place to live; a quiet old mill town with lots of historical buildings, solid bungalows built 40 to 50 years ago on good sized lots and that small town atmosphere where everyone knows your name. It's about 20 minutes south of us, so that would make it ~45 minutes to the major shopping areas in town. DW wants to be near water, too bad this isn't her idea of water...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

We're off and running with the 2019 MLB season. The weather has certainly been up to the task these past few days even if the calendar belies the sense of season.

With a team in full rebuild mode expectations are pretty modest particularly with 11 players in their first full major league season. Yes, I too had a double take on that with these Jays thinking that they must be discounting the September call-ups from the past couple of years. Having said that the pitching has most definitely been up to snuff for not only the first couple of games, but most of spring training as well.

I'm sure they'll be difficult to watch at times with growing pains, mistakes and the inevitable slumps that come along, but at least they have plenty of upside as is the case with young players, just wondering what they maybe capable of. It's a rather different outlook that a team of aging stars where everything needs to go right to have a shot and underperformance is the more likely scenario.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scotee said:

> Congrats again Six. Right behind you. End of May. I am trying to lay low but someone somewhere will try to celebrate the occasion. I will probably cry worse than Brandt Snedeker or Fred Couples. My life will change. Hope your new days are filled with great things.

Thanks scotee, not very easy to lay low although you want to. It is definitely a life changing event and I'm looking forward to making sense of it all. This group right here at the Grille is a comforting bunch to have at any time of course. By the way, don't leave Bubba out of your list :)

• Like 1

It was not so bad for me as mine came in a flash or should I say chunk chunk as the machine wound it’s way through my flesh, we had planned a long overseas holiday, visiting many ancient temples etc but it all came crashing down when I had the accident. So for me retirement came earlier than I was planning and the decision happened in about two seconds. I would have liked it to go as it should have but we have to make the most of it. The one thing that came to me early on is we make it more difficult than it really is, let the cards fall where they will and after a very short time it all makes sense.

How is DW Sixty, hope she is feeling better, give her our best wishes.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> It was not so bad for me as mine came in a flash or should I say chunk chunk as the machine wound it’s way through my flesh, we had planned a long overseas holiday, visiting many ancient temples etc but it all came crashing down when I had the accident. So for me retirement came earlier than I was planning and the decision happened in about two seconds. I would have liked it to go as it should have but we have to make the most of it. The one thing that came to me early on is we make it more difficult than it really is, let the cards fall where they will and after a very short time it all makes sense.

>

> How is DW Sixty, hope she is feeling better, give her our best wishes.

She's still not feeling well, they gave her too strong of an antibiotic for a 100lb'er so they had to prescribe something else. The up and down weather isn't helping much either I think, gray, rain, 60's, then tomorrow a high of 38*, I think a new weatherman would fit the occasion...

• Like 2

Crazy weather ! 55* at 7 this morning. High of 74 today,with wind and rain showers. High tomorrow

of 43....30 degrees in one day ! all the Easter flowers are in full bloom mode,maple trees stems are red,buds are out,will be leafing out in another week or so...Amish have been gathering sap for over a month. We

had a good early spring...now if we can get on with the real spring and stop all this 43 degree nonsense !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I will be descending into the darkness today. I may never recover. It will be a long process.

I informed my better half that i may need additional rehab time, to include a few purchases

to better aid me in my walks around the golf course. All for rehab purposes,dont ya know !

So, we shall see what happens, so i will bid all you guys adieu'. I am captured and am being

forced into going clothes shopping with her and my Daughter and Gr. daughter....Hmmmm.

maybe the youngest and I can sneak off into the sporting goods section. They are even making her

look for a dress to wear to the family reunion,and THATS the guaranteed last thing the kid wants !

Later guys.. wish me luck !

• Like 1

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> I will be descending into the darkness today. I may never recover. It will be a long process.

> I informed my better half that i may need additional rehab time, to include a few purchases

> to better aid me in my walks around the golf course. All for rehab purposes,dont ya know !

> So, we shall see what happens, so i will bid all you guys adieu'.** I am captured and am being

> forced into going clothes shopping with her and my Daughter and Gr. daughter....Hmmmm.**

> maybe the youngest and I can sneak off into the sporting goods section. They are even making her

> look for a dress to wear to the family reunion,and THATS the guaranteed last thing the kid wants !

> Later guys.. wish me luck !

Oh no not that! BTDT The worst was bathing suit shopping one time with DW, and 4 daughters. And no escape to Cabelas or Sportsman's Warehouse.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > It was not so bad for me as mine came in a flash or should I say chunk chunk as the machine wound it’s way through my flesh, we had planned a long overseas holiday, visiting many ancient temples etc but it all came crashing down when I had the accident. So for me retirement came earlier than I was planning and the decision happened in about two seconds. I would have liked it to go as it should have but we have to make the most of it. The one thing that came to me early on is we make it more difficult than it really is, let the cards fall where they will and after a very short time it all makes sense.

> >

> > How is DW Sixty, hope she is feeling better, give her our best wishes.

>

> She's still not feeling well, they gave her too strong of an antibiotic for a 100lb'er so they had to prescribe something else. The up and down weather isn't helping much either I think, gray, rain, 60's, then tomorrow a high of 38*, I think a new weatherman would fit the occasion...

I have to be carefull with antibiotics, there are sulphuric based ones that give me a nasty reaction. The first time it happened I carried on taking the pills because it had never happened before and I thought it was what we were trying to cure. When the doctor saw the results he was surprised I had not been to the ER, anyway it is now on my medical records.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It seems a lot of people are wanting GolfWRX to be the way it was....and ownership appears to be heading

in that direction. Read a post from easyyyy where he said they are working on restoring the post layout to

what it was and making the avatars bigger again. I notice they are a little bigger now and shaped differently

than they were recently.

• Like 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)