2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @BicknellCC said:

> Thanks for the encourament guys, a lot of my woes were due to raising up on short aproach shots with my 56. That's normally a strength for me, but I bladed, and fatted my way to bogie or worse several times

Well I picked you out one that may be lucky for you---- A 588 Cleveland 56 rusty and lead taped. grooves good even though rusty the sole is a little worn--- I actually gamed this wedge for quite a while thus the sorta worn sole. Going to ship off tomorrow. Specs are wrote on the lead tape and I did sign it for you. Specs are 56* loft 7.5* Bounce and 65* lie which is my standard specs

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

Stu, you've seen a lot of clubs in your day, when it comes to the wear on irons, isn't it safe to say that the bigger concern with wear is more on the groove, not the face of the iron? If so, what are the best things a regular golfer can do to keep the grooves sharp without changing shape or messing up anything dimensionally?

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > Thanks for the encourament guys, a lot of my woes were due to raising up on short aproach shots with my 56. That's normally a strength for me, but I bladed, and fatted my way to bogie or worse several times

>

> Well I picked you out one that may be lucky for you---- A 588 Cleveland 56 rusty and lead taped. grooves good even though rusty the sole is a little worn--- I actually gamed this wedge for quite a while thus the sorta worn sole. Going to ship off tomorrow. Specs are wrote on the lead tape and I did sign it for you. Specs are 56* loft 7.5* Bounce and 65* lie which is my standard specs

Ha. Good show Stu. Should send you a couple wedges for autographing. Could brag them up to the buds..."Looky here, ballin' a Big Stu Special wedge. Signed and lead taped by the man himself. Guaranteed to eliminate short game woes, cuz it's been touched."

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > Thanks for the encourament guys, a lot of my woes were due to raising up on short aproach shots with my 56. That's normally a strength for me, but I bladed, and fatted my way to bogie or worse several times

>

> Well I picked you out one that may be lucky for you---- A 588 Cleveland 56 rusty and lead taped. grooves good even though rusty the sole is a little worn--- I actually gamed this wedge for quite a while thus the sorta worn sole. Going to ship off tomorrow. Specs are wrote on the lead tape and I did sign it for you. Specs are 56* loft 7.5* Bounce and 65* lie which is my standard specs

I don't even know what to say Stu, That is very generous of you. My current satin finish 56 has a shined up sole on it as well. I promise it will get a lot of play, and your sig will remind me to stay down through the shot. Thank you sir!

• Like 2

As we are seeing here in the Grille, the rednecks are the best, no pretence no bulldust and always ready to help.

Well done Stu a true?gentleman. ?

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Had a blistering 89 today before the rain arrived. 45/44,so at least i am consistent !

no great shots but only a few really bad ones ! Rediscovered why I dont play on weekends.

51/2 hours,on a course not overly crowded,just enough that there really wasn't anywhere to go.

An old friend asked me to join him and his Grandsons,and it was a good time for all.

Sixty,he doesn't smile on the course,but I am going to have Sher attach a "Get off my Lawn" to him.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> Had a blistering 89 today before the rain arrived. 45/44,so at least i am consistent !

> no great shots but only a few really bad ones ! Rediscovered why I dont play on weekends.

> 51/2 hours,on a course not overly crowded,just enough that there really wasn't anywhere to go.

> An old friend asked me to join him and his Grandsons,and it was a good time for all.

> Sixty,he doesn't smile on the course,but I am going to have Sher attach a "Get off my Lawn" to him.

Well ya kicked my tail by 3 shots, and like you told me it's early in the season.

We had a twosome in front of our foursome, that had us waiting all nine holes on the back yesterday. I don't think they have very many rounds under their belt, at least I hope not.

• Like 2

Nice to see some of you getting out for some golf. We are in Spokane for Mrs. scotee's first procedure in prep of her stem cell stuff for her shoulder on Thurs. They will do some small needle punctures in the morning to elicit a healing response. On Thurs. we come back and they take cells from her hip and prepare them and then she goes back in the PM and they inject that into her shoulder. It can take up to a year to see if it works. Hope it is not snake oil. She has done some research and they show some before and after X-rays and MRI's that demonstrate significant improvement. Crossing fingers.

I was on the phone for almost an hour this morning with Apple support . I had some more malware show up on my laptop. Last time they had me install the Malwarebytes software that I think Fella recommended. That took care of the problem but not this one. The guy was very helpful and bored deep into the bowels of this thing and found all kinds of hidden stuff that I would never have been able to do. Glad there are smart people out there to help tech challenged guys like me.

I went on GolfWRX after he was done and the likes and dislikes were gone. i thought they might be working on the site again but soon figured out that I was not logged in. The not logged in look has changed so I did not notice that at first.

Next time someone complains about soreness after I inject them I am going to tell them that I was just eliciting a "healing response". :D

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

It’s more like emergency central in the Grille at the moment, I suppose it’s because we are a group with more experiance than most, with that comes the other part, been around a long time, little bits falling off, some running repairs,

scotee give your good lady all my best wishes and I hope the injections do their intended job. It’s fairly old science for today so it should be tried and tested. Have to have her fully functional for your retirement .

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

DW has decided to trial instagramme, the main personality is our no2 Siamese cat, this is not a serious thing on her part, more of an experiment just to see what happens. So far the cat has 66 followers since Sunday morning. We think it is very funny what people will follow, mostly it is other animals that have been put up as followers one being a hamster, further reports pending. ???????????

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Man I must be slipping back into the _work syndrome_. I woke up and realized it was Monday.

Masters week, this is a good thing. Anybody have any predictions? I never get it right so I'm picking Justin Thomas. Not a huge fan of his, but I think he will be the one. I know it won't be me, I have a list of things to do around the house...

• Like 2

They have a Masters pool at the curling club. You pick five names off of the list (which excludes the three highest ranked players) and the person with the highest money winnings for the tournament wins the pool. I picked a bunch of first timers; guys that have been in the hunt, but haven't quite got it done -- Finau, Rahm, Matsuyama, Hoffman and Schauffele.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

No idea if any of these are the "horse for the course" or whether they've got the appropriate game to win at ANGC. Not really a prediction, more like I could find myself pulling for one of the following if they were in contention on Sunday.

Young guns: Tommy Fleetwood, Xander Schnafullawfullus,

Old guns: Ricky (he deserves a major). Justin Rose. Tiger????? Yeah, maybe. The drama quotient would be off the charts.

Anyone not named Jon Rahm, Patrick Reed or Phil.

Picking just one: T. Fleetwood.

• Like 2

Went out yesterday afternoon and got my first few hacks in for the season. No ball, just swinging the club and working on getting a bit of a divot as id i was actually hitting a ball to see what the load would be like on my back. I had an elasticized tensor band on for support.

Took a 7 iron and a 7W and was at it for about twenty minutes taking a few swings with each and then switching to the opposite a couple of reps through. The interesting part about this was that I was swinging my old swing, not this new easiest swing in golf that I've been yapping about for the better part of a year.

No ill effects from the session, just the expected soreness later on from doing something that I haven't really done at all in over a year. If I can get another session in like this then I think I can take a crack at the driving range which is now open. Just a small bucket and then gauge my response to that. Hopefully be out for nine before the month is out.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

No luck for the Canadian side at the Mens Worlds gold medal game last night. It was a tight match for 7 ends tied 2-2 going into the 8th. A light draw on the part of Koe lead to a steal of 2 for Sweden. That would prove to be the difference maker as in the following end Koe pushed his position in an attempt to score a multiple and a failed quad attempt lead to handshakes with the Swedes prevailing 7-2.

It was a great run for a new team. I'm sure they'll realize that after the bitterness of defeat ebbs away.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Does anyone know what the "Members" tag < is about? Don't recall noticing it prior. Some of us have one, others do not. Never became a member of anything here in WRX'ville. Do I get special privileges with my membership?

Never noticed it till you said something Fella. I thought maybe it had to do with number of posts, but Sixty has more than you and doesn't have that designation.

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> DW has decided to trial instagramme, the main personality is our no2 Siamese cat, this is not a serious thing on her part, more of an experiment just to see what happens. So far the cat has 66 followers since Sunday morning. We think it is very funny what people will follow, mostly it is other animals that have been put up as followers one being a hamster, further reports pending. ???????????

I've been on Instagram for a while now as it's the preferred social media platform that the younger generation uses. It's the best way to keep up with their lives.

I have never posted a single entry on my Instagram account and yet I have scads of followers many of whom I have no idea who they are. Just a random Dick or Jane that appears as a new follower from time-to-time. Perhaps I should be more fussy because I won't approve a FB friend request if I don't know the person.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Apparently the short form of Richard is no longer considered appropriate... :confused:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Man I must be slipping back into the _work syndrome_. I woke up and realized it was Monday.

> Masters week, this is a good thing. Anybody have any predictions? I never get it right so I'm picking Justin Thomas. Not a huge fan of his, but I think he will be the one. I know it won't be me, I have a list of things to do around the house...

If you woke up and realised it was Monday, you are not yet in full retirement mode. We have to open our IPads or turn on the TV to find out what day it is. The best part is not having to know, unless of course the golf bug is biting

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

@scomac2002. Congrats on the positive first foray with swinging clubs again. Hopefully, will continue when you take the first swings at the ball for real. Did you see Sixty's comments on swinging in ~~post #~~ (oops, appear posts are no longer numbered), one page back? Though it was of merit relative to easy swinging.

REALLY hoping to get out this afternoon for a quick 9. The docket has been cleared of all non-essential obligations, permission granted by the Mrs, appear to have a window of opportunity weather-wise. Before descending back into the crap for the rest of the week. It's time to whack.

• Like 2

In the spring, when the fairways and greens are soft, I will pretty much play any ball I pick up, or have given to me as a gift. When things firm up, I do notice a difference in the way the ball checks, and rolls out. Maybe it's just a confidence thing, but all my best rounds have been shot playing: Prov1x, TM TP5x, and most recently Bridgestone B330RX.

What are you fella's favorites, or does it just need to be round?

• Like 2

> @BicknellCC said:

> In the spring, when the fairways and greens are soft, I will pretty much play any ball I pick up, or have given to me as a gift. When things firm up, I do notice a difference in the way the ball checks, and rolls out. Maybe it's just a confidence thing, but all my best rounds have been shot playing: Prov1x, TM TP5x, and most recently Bridgestone B330RX.

> What are you fella's favorites, or does it just need to be round?

Been playing Wilson Staff FG Tours as my front line ball for several years. Distance, spin, control, they seem to work well for me. As long as I can keep finding prior year's models at deep discount. Stocked up on 3 doz. this winter. Choice 1A is the Snell MTB Black. Find the Snell and Wilson to play similar. Will typically play Duos if I'm sporting around with classic wood and blade.

Unless I'm playing like shizzle, then do not care what comes out of the bag. As long as it's not one of my new ones. I hate losing a primo ball in one or two swings.

P.S. Have a hankering to try one of the hi-vis optic yellow balls out. See for myself if they're easier to track in flight. A bud plays them, and swears by them. I've yet to notice much difference when watching off to the side. Or when paying attention.

• Like 2

> @scotee said:

> Nice to see some of you getting out for some golf. We are in Spokane for Mrs. scotee's first procedure in prep of her stem cell stuff for her shoulder on Thurs. They will do some small needle punctures in the morning to elicit a healing response. On Thurs. we come back and they take cells from her hip and prepare them and then she goes back in the PM and they inject that into her shoulder. It can take up to a year to see if it works. Hope it is not snake oil. She has done some research and they show some before and after X-rays and MRI's that demonstrate significant improvement. Crossing fingers.

>

> I was on the phone for almost an hour this morning with Apple support . I had some more malware show up on my laptop. Last time they had me install the Malwarebytes software that I think Fella recommended. That took care of the problem but not this one. The guy was very helpful and bored deep into the bowels of this thing and found all kinds of hidden stuff that I would never have been able to do. Glad there are smart people out there to help tech challenged guys like me.

>

> I went on GolfWRX after he was done and the likes and dislikes were gone. i thought they might be working on the site again but soon figured out that I was not logged in. The not logged in look has changed so I did not notice that at first.

>

> Next time someone complains about soreness after I inject them I am going to tell them that I was just eliciting a "healing response". :D

Sounds promising. I hope it really works. I have a few spots that could use a regeneration.

• Like 1

Still working my way through 6 dozen Noodle Long & Soft. Not sure how long they are. Definitely not soft at least compared to Callaway Super Soft of which I still have a few kicking around for blades and lumber. What the Noodles are is cheap as in $.63 a piece.

I did pick up two dozen Bridgestone E5's a year or so ago. Have never hit that ball before, but it's supposed to be good for a low ball hitter. Remains to be seen. I figure I'm more or less starting over so all bets are off on just about anything.

----------------------------

Going to gather up a few excess metal woods and see if I can find a taker or two at the local club swap this coming weekend. Got to price things right for stuff to move which in general means cheap, but if it's just sitting there taking up space, cheap is better than zero and will put a few dollars into the kitty for a driver change.

Got a full bag of clubs including cart set aside for sale once the courses start getting busier. Hope to move them out on kijiji in time for the summer scramble season to a casual player looking for a set on the cheap.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Fellaheen51 said:

> Let's see. Short for Richard is (D)ick. Works for me. Creative use of ().

I used to work in a plant and we had a guy named ( )ick Meade. The receptionist not thinking would page him saying

"(D)ick Meade, come to the office". Finally she went out in the plant one day and some of the guys said to her 'when you page him, we just laugh and laugh'. She got all embarrassed, and from then on paged him as Richard. He never responded though... :p

• Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)