Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @BicknellCC said:

> Love this video, almost cried the first time I watched it. skip to 1.40 if you get impatient for the music.

>

>

Very nice Bick, so many great artists gone now, their voices never to be heard again.

I was thinkin' about that yesterday as I was watching some old Fleetwood Mac vids, then I watched this one with Stevie and Tom Petty, another true artist who died way before his time like Denver and Mama Cass.

I've always like this vid, reminds me why Stevie refers to herself as a performance artist...

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > Love this video, almost cried the first time I watched it. skip to 1.40 if you get impatient for the music.

> >

> >

>

> Very nice Bick, so many great artists gone now, their voices never to be heard again.

> I was thinkin' about that yesterday as I was watching some old Fleetwood Mac vids, then I watched this one with Stevie and Tom Petty, another true artist who died way before his time like Denver and Mama Cass.

> I've always like this vid, reminds me why Stevie refers to herself as a performance artist...

>

I think this maybe my alltime favourite duet! :love:

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @billh17 said:

> I have always been a really high arc with the irons,so i usually dont get any issues with spin...it normally doesn't go too far from where the ball mark is. These One Length irons are a high arc anyway,so it even helps in that regard. To be honest,I wish someone had come out with these things thirty years ago. Once you get all the stuff that has filled your head out and gone,and come to the correct method ,anyone can play them. Simply find your

> correct ball position for the iron that you like best,and then hit some balls to insure that

> you have it down,and then just take a full swing with any iron,in the same ball position..

> Easy.. It just took me a long time to get the wedges . I really like them. Not really a flag hunter with them,but i do wish i had them years ago !

I like a high ball flight too. Usually a high ball flight means a higher rate

of backspin; which makes the ball fly higher and land softly with a steep

descent.

BUT, some of these newer irons are lower spinning, higher launching

"distance" irons. I take it the Cobra one lengths you have are not those

type because with those you get a flatter ball descent and more roll

out on the greens.

I got rid of my Ping i20s because they were "low spin" irons; which I

didn't know when I bought them.

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > I have always been a really high arc with the irons,so i usually dont get any issues with spin...it normally doesn't go too far from where the ball mark is. These One Length irons are a high arc anyway,so it even helps in that regard. To be honest,I wish someone had come out with these things thirty years ago. Once you get all the stuff that has filled your head out and gone,and come to the correct method ,anyone can play them. Simply find your

> > correct ball position for the iron that you like best,and then hit some balls to insure that

> > you have it down,and then just take a full swing with any iron,in the same ball position..

> > Easy.. It just took me a long time to get the wedges . I really like them. Not really a flag hunter with them,but i do wish i had them years ago !

>

> I like a high ball flight too. Usually a high ball flight means a higher rate

> of backspin; which makes the ball fly higher and land softly with a steep

> descent.

>

> BUT, some of these newer irons are lower spinning, higher launching

> "distance" irons. I take it the Cobra one lengths you have are not those

> type because with those you get a flatter ball descent and more roll

> out on the greens.

>

> I got rid of my Ping i20s because they were "low spin" irons; which I

> didn't know when I bought them.

I always kinda figured that the Burner Plus I'm currently playing were a distance iron, but I can't say that they're low spin. They sure do go high, at least the scoring irons and I don't see them rolling out anymore than anything else I've tried even using a distance ball.

I remember thinking that when I played the Ping i25's that I thought they maybe spun too much as they were shorter than what I was playing before. To further muddy the water, I'm not exactly a high spin player to start with, but that maybe a reflection of hitting an inappropriate shaft when on the monitor in the past.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Yeah,Conrad, these are giving a nice high flight,and a goof soft landing on three greens. The longer irons ( 5 & 6) do fly a little higher than the older ones i played,but it seemed not to have messed with distance. I notice that I appear to have lost about 5 yards per iron somewhere.Dont even know if i'll start looking for it. I am just happy to be playing again, and while not super happy with my results, I am in a good place with my golf as a whole. Seems like as I get older i am more interested in the process rather than the results ! Retirement is good !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

You hit the nail on the head @billh17 ; Just being happy to be playing again! I'm supposed to play this morning in league, but I think I'm going to give it another week not wanting to push it after the last session. Besides, there's a ton of stuff to be done around here and DW is off today, so we may as well take advantage of that and the fine weather to knock off a few more of the getting ready to move jobs.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I hope all our past members rejoin the Grille, gets a little lonely in here. WRX did not do a very good job on the upgrade, still waiting for it to be finished. Off to do my daily chores, thinking about game on Friday, have to see how my hand and arm hold up, past injuries starting to cause pain. Said it before, think I may be getting old??‍♀️

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @tolmij said:

> I hope all our past members rejoin the Grille, gets a little lonely in here. WRX did not do a very good job on the upgrade, still waiting for it to be finished. Off to do my daily chores, thinking about game on Friday, have to see how my hand and arm hold up, past injuries starting to cause pain. Said it before, think I may be getting old??‍♀️

Not older my man ! Better ! Wisdom to laugh at the clowns running this world !

Wisdom to stay out of the garbage and just enjoy retirement. And the "honey-do lists"

and the errands and the taxi service and the......never mind ! Enjoy retirement !

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

@ Scomac

I stay out of the league play. These people take it too serious for me to have fun.I have seen many of these folks square off on each other over something trivial , They have one

person in each group who is the rules know it all and he and i would simply have to

have a beer and a little chat ! Be careful with the MOVE and dont screw up your back or something trying to do too much !

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > Love this video, almost cried the first time I watched it. skip to 1.40 if you get impatient for the music.

> >

> >

>

> Very nice Bick, so many great artists gone now, their voices never to be heard again.

> I was thinkin' about that yesterday as I was watching some old Fleetwood Mac vids, then I watched this one with Stevie and Tom Petty, another true artist who died way before his time like Denver and Mama Cass.

> I've always like this vid, reminds me why Stevie refers to herself as a performance artist...

>

I liked most of Petty's stuff, and about everything Stevie did. She did a lot of back up vocals for hit songs as well.

• Like 2

Played in a 36 hole 2 man best ball tourney last weekend. There were 16 twosome's entered, split in to 2 flights based on day one scores. My teammate and I are both in the 12-14 handicap range and finished out of the money shooting 158, 79 both days. Too many holes we both got bogie, and a couple we even had to settle for double bogie. I did manage to get 3 birdies, 2 that held up for skins, so we got some money back.

• Like 2

> @billh17 said:

> @ Scomac

> I stay out of the league play. These people take it too serious for me to have fun.I have seen many of these folks square off on each other over something trivial , They have one

> person in each group who is the rules know it all and he and i would simply have to

> have a beer and a little chat ! **Be careful with the MOVE and dont screw up your back or something trying to do too much !**

>

I'll do my best to try to follow your advice, bill. My knee is barking today and that hasn't bothered me in years. Shoot we're both looking like a pair of haggared old coots. I can tell that DW's back is almost as bad as mine, but she's not saying much.

It's a good job that this move is happening now and not in a couple of years 'cause it may have been beyond us then. One thing is for sure, the next move is going to be a whole lot easier 'cause there isn't going to be half the stuff to go through! We need to seriously think about minimizing, but that has never been DW's way. She should get a humanitarian award for all she has done for the economy! :lol:

AS for my league, the guys are a fine lot. No one takes things too serious, but trying to get cute will not be tolerated. It works for me as folks are reasonable -- no rules Nazis. That said, this will probably be my last year with it as I won't be relishing the drive from the new place. Don't know where I'll play or with whom next season. I'll have to look around.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It's Canada Day up here today -- the nations birthday. Lots of celebrations going on throughout the day almost everywhere. We did our little celebration yesterday going to Port Dover for supper last night at our favourite "fish shack", the Erie Beach Hotel, a very much old school summer resort that came straight outa the forties/fifties.

It was a dine and dash for us as we had been doing a bunch of sorting, packing and tossing this weekend, so we headed out for an early supper and then hit the ice cream parlour at Hewitt's Dairy in Hagersville -- think a fifties diner with an ice cream parlour attatched. You can see that we had our nostalgia caps on. Often we'll top that all off with a spin around the Pirate's Den which is a putt putt amusement attraction at Port. Sometimes it's just worthwhile to relive a bit of our youth!

WE got home last night just in time to watch the fireworks being set off in the neighbouring village of Binbrook while we sat on our porch. I guess that's one of the perks to all this construction of new homes. All of a sudden there's a demand for a broader range of activities. As I type I can hear the far off explosions of more fireworks going off as the celebrations continue. :smiley:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Back from 4 nights camping at our favorite lake less than 11/2 hours away. Took our old 1989 boat that ran like new and camped in the camper-van like up town. Daughter #4 and son in law and 2 grandkids joined us and camped in a tent. The 2 year old lil girl was all in for riding on the tube with mom or dad at full speed. No fear. The 5 yr. old boy is more cautious but still had fun riding too. No cell coverage up there so no news or calls which was a nice break. Perfect very warm and calm weather made the water feel just right. The stars at night up there were amazing. Got a StarMap app on my new phone that worked even without service. Jupiter was very bright. Saw lots of satellites and meteorites. Something very good about getting away like that. Back and catching up. We need to put out an APB for some of the missing! Maybe they are off the grid too.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> Back from 4 nights camping at our favorite lake less than 11/2 hours away. Took our old 1989 boat that ran like new and camped in the camper-van like up town. Daughter #4 and son in law and 2 grandkids joined us and camped in a tent. The 2 year old lil girl was all in for riding on the tube with mom or dad at full speed. No fear. The 5 yr. old boy is more cautious but still had fun riding too. No cell coverage up there so no news or calls which was a nice break. Perfect very warm and calm weather made the water feel just right. The stars at night up there were amazing. Got a StarMap app on my new phone that worked even without service. Jupiter was very bright. Saw lots of satellites and meteorites. Something very good about getting away like that. Back and catching up. We need to put out an APB for some of the missing! Maybe they are off the grid too.

Now let’s get the rules going in here, who said it was OK to enjoy yourself just because you are retired.

On second thoughts go for it, remember pictures and report is mandatory.

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself with family.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Sunday morning was a hectic computer day. I tried to download an online computer chess game, and for my troubles, all kinds of wild stuff started downloading on my cheap $100 notebook. Tried to run a malware program, and in the midst of running it, the wild stuff tried to download, with me x'ing it out. The malware program identified over 500 threats, until the entire computer went black. Got the bright idea to shut the modem off, and then run the malware. Still listed on top of the computer the wild stuff, but could not download. Malware detected over 600 threats, took over an hour to analyse. I deleted the threats, and reran the malware program several times, until no threats were detected. Turned on the modem, and things were back to normal. Forget the chess game. My old computer had Chess Titans, and this is the program I tried to download, from the Google App site. NO more for me.

One of these days, the whole world is going to shut down, when the internet goes kaput. And the geniuses want it to happen.

Tried to sign in to Golfwrx yesterday, site did not have user/password saved. Must have been eliminated when I cleaned the malware. I could not remember the required info. Fortunately, the wife's tablet had the stuff on it, so I could sign in the required information on my notebook.

Happy Canada Day to our neighbors. US Independence Day is Thursday. All the nuts will be out with their fireworks. One neighbor on the corner was in the Middle East war. He has a professionally made sign, about being polite with fireworks, because a combat veteran lives there.

Never saw a sign like that, but i understand. Some years, I think I'm back in Fort Knox, hearing the artillery and tanks at the ranges at night. And that's just the individuals setting them off.

And all that money wasted on community fireworks, enough to have a town picnic, free of charge.

Whatever.

• Like 1

Happy day to our Canadian friends, stay sober, I think.

We were digging holes for fence posts six weeks ago, forgot where I was, stepped back and into the hole which was fairly deep, came to a full stop and badly jarred my lower back. It has caused tingling and some numbness in both feet and when the back is hurting it can extend up my calf. The back pain is spasmodic level with my tail bone, hoping it will go away but no sight of that happening as yet. It is not stopping me doing my normal things, spent 3 hours with the chain saw today cutting wood to a size for the log splitter, put hangers on eight paintings and generally stuffed around. Back very saw tonight, good nights sleep on the way,

Good Night Grillers. Have one on me. ??

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Take care of that back @tolmij . If you've got numbness in your feet then that sounds like sciatic nerve impingement. Could be worth a trip to a chiropractor.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It's time for some more tunes! Music to cook by...

(

)
  • Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Here's another for your listening pleasure...

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk9jXpszz0I]

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

And a third...

(

)

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Reasonability said:

> Hello gents.

>

> Can anyone get me up to speed? What's the latest here at the Grille?

Well let's see...

@SixtySomePing is now 7-0 in league play!

@Conrad1953 has been enjoying his retirement by the poolside while @scotee has been away camping

@Wriggles drops by on occasion looking ever dapper in his green jacket and bringing us up to speed on his neighbour's adventures with the old Dodge Monaco.

@billh17 , @"BIG STU" , @Qqq123xx and @BicknellCC drop by on occasion to see what we've been up to and add their two cents worth. I think we even had the makes of a discussion on the golf swing at one part or more like an attempt at it in the effort to get the @Reasonability radar sounding off.

@Fellaheen51 is still MIA.

And finally @tolmij and myself have been doing our best impression of Statler and Waldorf...

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I]

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Take care of that back @tolmij . If you've got numbness in your feet then that sounds like sciatic nerve impingement. Could be worth a trip to a chiropractor.

Looked on line and that was the most possible explanation, local chiropractors are rip off merchants always trying to sell you very expensive targeted exercise sessions. No real attempt at manipulation so we now give them a miss, looking for other solutions at present, one is don’t fall down a posthole.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)