Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @tolmij said:

> Very sad house tonight our red Burmese cat passed away around 12 ,30 am, he has been a joy from day one, walked around as if he owned the world but was as loving as they come. The past three months he has had a lung infection, stopped eating cat food so he has been fed only raw chicken breast which he would consume with gusto and in large quantities. At nearly 16 years old he has had a full and happy life. Passed away in his sleep on his favourite bed, a picture of him cuddling a Siamese

>

> RIP Quasimodo.

>

> 3kfflmzkrqbk.jpeg

>

My condolences as well @tolmij . We have a 13 year old black Persian who is starting to show her age with arthritis and kidney issues. She has been on special veterinary food for about three years or so which seems to help. Both DW and I are a little bit concerned that the move maybe more than she can handle even though she won't have to worry about feral cats anymore with the enclosed yard at the new place.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> Very sad house tonight our red Burmese cat passed away around 12 ,30 am, he has been a joy from day one, walked around as if he owned the world but was as loving as they come. The past three months he has had a lung infection, stopped eating cat food so he has been fed only raw chicken breast which he would consume with gusto and in large quantities. At nearly 16 years old he has had a full and happy life. Passed away in his sleep on his favourite bed, a picture of him cuddling a Siamese

>

> RIP Quasimodo.

>

> 3kfflmzkrqbk.jpeg

>

My condolences for the loss of your cat. It's been 15 years since our girl Wriggles passed at age 16. Still miss her, even with Penny.

Best wishes!

• Like 2

Farm related items continue to make their way out the laneway for the final time. It's funny at one moment you have no idea how or where you're going to get rid of things and then all of a sudden the phone starts to ring, trucks arrive and equipment leaves. Yesterday was such a day and I spent the entire day on that project even though DW had other plans that were put on hold. She seemed to be quite pleased with the whole state of affairs when I walked into the house with a roll of $100 bills. Guess we'll get to live for another month! :lol:

It hasn't been all roses though as I found out that my tenant farmer has decided that spring planting is done for this year with several hundred acres left unseeded of which our 135 is to be included. This farm has been in the family since 1946 and this is the first year where it has produced anything. They tell me that it's more profitable to farm the insurance than it is to farm the land! Thank G*d the wedding was last year!

Since it became know that we were selling the farm last fall people have been asking me on a regular basis how will I adapt to leaving the farm? They're afraid I won't do well in the city. Based on what has gone on the last few months it's quite likely that I wouldn't have done well had we decided to stay! Between the traffic from all the housing construction that is ongoing in our current neighbourhood and this nonsense that they call agriculture, it's about as foreign an environment as I've ever experienced! Your garden vegetable plot has more in common with the farming I knew than this modern, corporate, mass produced sh*t show!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Farm related items continue to make their way out the laneway for the final time. It's funny at one moment you have no idea how or where you're going to get rid of things and then all of a sudden the phone starts to ring, trucks arrive and equipment leaves. Yesterday was such a day and I spent the entire day on that project even though DW had other plans that were put on hold. She seemed to be quite pleased with the whole state of affairs when I walked into the house with a roll of $100 bills. Guess we'll get to live for another month! :lol:

>

> It hasn't been all roses though as I found out that my tenant farmer has decided that spring planting is done for this year with several hundred acres left unseeded of which our 135 is to be included. This farm has been in the family since 1946 and this is the first year where it has produced anything. They tell me that it's more profitable to farm the insurance than it is to farm the land! Thank G*d the wedding was last year!

>

> Since it became know that we were selling the farm last fall people have been asking me on a regular basis how will I adapt to leaving the farm? They're afraid I won't do well in the city. Based on what has gone on the last few months it's quite likely that I wouldn't have done well had we decided to stay! Between the traffic from all the housing construction that is ongoing in our current neighbourhood and this nonsense that they call agriculture, it's about as foreign an environment as I've ever experienced! Your garden vegetable plot has more in common with the farming I knew than this modern, corporate, mass produced sh*t show!

Absolutely Sco, things are not what they used to be, and it is not for the better. For some reason ethics have been replaced the look at me brigade who are only interested in getting as much as they can for no effort. Hopefully things will all turn round again eventually, but in the mean time I despair for the world.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Conrad1953 said:

> When in doubt ~~~~move a pawn.~~........~~play golf~~

Drink wine! :wink:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > When in doubt ~~~~move a pawn.~~........~~play golf~~

>

> Drink wine! :wink:

>

>

Man after my own heart?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Sixty, you still undefeated?

>

>

He cant answer yet, he has been taking Scos advice and is recovering after one too many.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Well, I don't know what's up with me, but this is the toughest I've been feeling in a while. Maybe it's the damned AC with a ceiling fan going in the bedroom. Not sure. As long as I'm mobile doing something I don't feel too bad, but sitting or standing gets to me after a while and not to long of a while at that. Rough day to be sitting at a computer at the golf course with the alternative being bouncing around in a golf cart chasing slow play on a full course today. Probably will be hitting the anti-inflamatories for the holiday weekend. Been working with ice for the moment.

A whirlpool tub would go good about now. At least we finally have the weather for it!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Sixty, you still undefeated?

>

>

Hi, yes, I played terribly but still won. Our course was extremely mushy but they let us play anyway. So that's 7-0 We had to skip a week of course due to the weather, and this week it had rained so much I thought we were going to miss again, but there we were. Even the greens showed our footprints as we walked on them as if it were the morning dew. And this was the late afternoon. So this week I was having problems with approach shots and putting as was everyone else due to the wetness everywhere. We were doing lift/clean/place however the ground everywhere was still not solid. I have since watched some videos to get some tips on how to make some improvements in this kind of situation, as I think this will continue for us. I'm embarrassingly playing in the mid-50's and not liking that, but at least still winning. We will be half way through the season next week, hard to believe already...

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Sixty, you still undefeated?

> >

> >

>

> Hi, yes, I played terribly but still won. Our course was extremely mushy but they let us play anyway. So that's 7-0 We had to skip a week of course due to the weather, and this week it had rained so much I thought we were going to miss again, but there we were. Even the greens showed our footprints as we walked on them as if it were the morning dew. And this was the late afternoon. So this week I was having problems with approach shots and putting as was everyone else due to the wetness everywhere. We were doing lift/clean/place however the ground everywhere was still not solid. I have since watched some videos to get some tips on how to make some improvements in this kind of situation, as I think this will continue for us. I'm embarrassingly playing in the mid-50's and not liking that, but at least still winning. We will be half way through the season next week, hard to believe already...

A win is a win Sixty, no matter how it happens or how ugly it looked. Bet the others would have loved to have it. Keep it going we want to hear about a completely undefeated season. Go Go Go Sixty?‍♂️?‍♂️

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > Sixty, you still undefeated?

> >

> >

>

> Hi, yes, I played terribly but still won. Our course was extremely mushy but they let us play anyway. So that's 7-0 We had to skip a week of course due to the weather, and this week it had rained so much I thought we were going to miss again, but there we were. Even the greens showed our footprints as we walked on them as if it were the morning dew. And this was the late afternoon. So this week I was having problems with approach shots and putting as was everyone else due to the wetness everywhere. We were doing lift/clean/place however the ground everywhere was still not solid. I have since watched some videos to get some tips on how to make some improvements in this kind of situation, as I think this will continue for us. I'm embarrassingly playing in the mid-50's and not liking that, but at least still winning. We will be half way through the season next week, hard to believe already...

You da man @SixtySomePing ! As @tolmij says: _A win is a win!_ Better to win with mediocre play than to shoot a seasonal low and still end up losing by one... Mind you, it doesn't help when you find out after the fact that the winner has been known to get cute with his scorecard (the guy that beat me). :confounded:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > Sixty, you still undefeated?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Hi, yes, I played terribly but still won. Our course was extremely mushy but they let us play anyway. So that's 7-0 We had to skip a week of course due to the weather, and this week it had rained so much I thought we were going to miss again, but there we were. Even the greens showed our footprints as we walked on them as if it were the morning dew. And this was the late afternoon. So this week I was having problems with approach shots and putting as was everyone else due to the wetness everywhere. We were doing lift/clean/place however the ground everywhere was still not solid. I have since watched some videos to get some tips on how to make some improvements in this kind of situation, as I think this will continue for us. I'm embarrassingly playing in the mid-50's and not liking that, but at least still winning. We will be half way through the season next week, hard to believe already...

>

> You da man @SixtySomePing ! As @tolmij says: _A win is a win!_ Better to win with mediocre play than to shoot a seasonal low and still end up losing by one... Mind you, it doesn't help when you find out after the fact that the winner has been known to get cute with his scorecard (the guy that beat me). :confounded:

Played with a few who could be forgetful when filling out the score card, I always let them know in a round about way I know what they have done.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Got my 1st round in over a month today. It was like i had not played in over a month. Go figure.

Course was almost empty due to the 95* heat. I actually played three holes with two balls,and by the time i was done, i was hitting irons good about every other one.

I have been playing the Supersoft for years. Changed to the Titleist Truesoft last year.

Received a box of titleist Tour Soft and i really like them. Did not feel like a brick but were still compressing a little on the good driver shots. I cant compress one a lot with my Molasses

driver swing,so I was happy with the random one. Seems like a good ball,but i really dont see the price difference between it and the Truesoft or the Callaway Supersoft. I think itis their answer to the ChromeSoft. Some guys would NEVER be happy playing a lower priced ball. Their EGO would shame them for not having the best !

Glad to hear everyone seems to be playing a little. Sixty is tearing them up !

If I dont get back,you guys have a great 4th and stay off the roads from Tuesday noon untilSaturday 6pm. Those hours are not safe under any weather conditions !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I have always been a really high arc with the irons,so i usually dont get any issues with spin...it normally doesn't go too far from where the ball mark is. These One Length irons are a high arc anyway,so it even helps in that regard. To be honest,I wish someone had come out with these things thirty years ago. Once you get all the stuff that has filled your head out and gone,and come to the correct method ,anyone can play them. Simply find your

correct ball position for the iron that you like best,and then hit some balls to insure that

you have it down,and then just take a full swing with any iron,in the same ball position..

Easy.. It just took me a long time to get the wedges . I really like them. Not really a flag hunter with them,but i do wish i had them years ago !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Movies today, saw the film Yesterday the one about the Beatles music. Brilliant cast, well put together movie, all in all the best movie experience for a long time, go see it.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Qqq123xx said:

> USA USA USA.....the Le Francais est gonieeee. On to the semi finals.

The Australian team dipped out with a penalty shootout, our best player put the penalty over the bar for a loss, so, go the USA.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Such is the nature of soccer it would seem. The Canadian side lost out to Sweden prior to the quarterfinals on a missed penalty kick. There will now a be a national enquiry as to why the team's best player didn't take the kick. It was later explained that the opposing goal keeper had foiled our best player on her two previous attempts from the box, so handing the ball off to our number two seemed more than reasonable. Ah well, if it works, you're a brilliant strategist. If not, you're a goat!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

On the subject of sporting events, last night was our second CFL home game for our Tiger-Cats. They dispatched the Montrealers rather unceremoniously 41-10 to go to 3-0 to start the season. This is the first undefeated start to a campaign for the team since 2004 being lead by a ferocious defence who harassed the opposing QB all night long!

The biggest hit of the night from my perspective came even before the opening whistle blew. I wasn't paying attention up on the concourse as I was heading for one of the concession stands. As I turned to my left to join the line a solid guy passed by me and I pretty much knocked him to the floor! As I was apologizing for my inattention I quipped that it was a pretty solid tackle! Didn't feel a thing at the moment, but boy oh boy did my back tighten-up but good in the aftermath sitting watching the game. Thank gawd it was hot and muggy or I would have been in a world of hurt! I think I felt every bump in the road on the way home! I'm moving okay this morning, but boy am I sore! Going to have to try to make an attempt at having a quiet day... Fat chance of that!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> On the subject of sporting events, last night was our second CFL home game for our Tiger-Cats. They dispatched the Montrealers rather unceremoniously 41-10 to go to 3-0 to start the season. This is the first undefeated start to a campaign for the team since 2004 being lead by a ferocious defence who harassed the opposing QB all night long!

>

> The biggest hit of the night from my perspective came even before the opening whistle blew. I wasn't paying attention up on the concourse as I was heading for one of the concession stands. As I turned to my left to join the line a solid guy passed by me and I pretty much knocked him to the floor! As I was apologizing for my inattention I quipped that it was a pretty solid tackle! Didn't feel a thing at the moment, but boy oh boy did my back tighten-up but good in the aftermath sitting watching the game. Thank gawd it was hot and muggy or I would have been in a world of hurt! I think I felt every bump in the road on the way home! I'm moving okay this morning, but boy am I sore! Going to have to try to make an attempt at having a quiet day... **Fat chance of that!**

Prescient!

10 am and four skinny guys showed up to move a paino which we were giving away to the daughter of DW's best friend. Fortunately no participation on my part was required. Off to the the grocery store we go for our weekly shop, but making a side trip to drop off 5 bags of clothes at the diabetes society dropbox. Got that accomplished without too much effort. Returned home to a phone call from a neighbour saying he would be over in a half hour to pick up an elevator he was buying. Got roughed up a bit with that, but will survive. I guess i'm in the middle of one of those two to three week binge's trying to find out just how much I can take. It's getting tired...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > On the subject of sporting events, last night was our second CFL home game for our Tiger-Cats. They dispatched the Montrealers rather unceremoniously 41-10 to go to 3-0 to start the season. This is the first undefeated start to a campaign for the team since 2004 being lead by a ferocious defence who harassed the opposing QB all night long!

> >

> > The biggest hit of the night from my perspective came even before the opening whistle blew. I wasn't paying attention up on the concourse as I was heading for one of the concession stands. As I turned to my left to join the line a solid guy passed by me and I pretty much knocked him to the floor! As I was apologizing for my inattention I quipped that it was a pretty solid tackle! Didn't feel a thing at the moment, but boy oh boy did my back tighten-up but good in the aftermath sitting watching the game. Thank gawd it was hot and muggy or I would have been in a world of hurt! I think I felt every bump in the road on the way home! I'm moving okay this morning, but boy am I sore! Going to have to try to make an attempt at having a quiet day... **Fat chance of that!**

>

> Prescient!

>

> 10 am and four skinny guys showed up to move a paino which we were giving away to the daughter of DW's best friend. Fortunately no participation on my part was required. Off to the the grocery store we go for our weekly shop, but making a side trip to drop off 5 bags of clothes at the diabetes society dropbox. Got that accomplished without too much effort. Returned home to a phone call from a neighbour saying he would be over in a half hour to pick up an elevator he was buying. Got roughed up a bit with that, but will survive. I guess i'm in the middle of one of those two to three week binge's trying to find out just how much I can take. It's getting tired...

>

>

Almost over then time to relax, until that is DW retires and finds you plenty of jobs.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > On the subject of sporting events, last night was our second CFL home game for our Tiger-Cats. They dispatched the Montrealers rather unceremoniously 41-10 to go to 3-0 to start the season. This is the first undefeated start to a campaign for the team since 2004 being lead by a ferocious defence who harassed the opposing QB all night long!

> > >

> > > The biggest hit of the night from my perspective came even before the opening whistle blew. I wasn't paying attention up on the concourse as I was heading for one of the concession stands. As I turned to my left to join the line a solid guy passed by me and I pretty much knocked him to the floor! As I was apologizing for my inattention I quipped that it was a pretty solid tackle! Didn't feel a thing at the moment, but boy oh boy did my back tighten-up but good in the aftermath sitting watching the game. Thank gawd it was hot and muggy or I would have been in a world of hurt! I think I felt every bump in the road on the way home! I'm moving okay this morning, but boy am I sore! Going to have to try to make an attempt at having a quiet day... **Fat chance of that!**

> >

> > Prescient!

> >

> > 10 am and four skinny guys showed up to move a paino which we were giving away to the daughter of DW's best friend. Fortunately no participation on my part was required. Off to the the grocery store we go for our weekly shop, but making a side trip to drop off 5 bags of clothes at the diabetes society dropbox. Got that accomplished without too much effort. Returned home to a phone call from a neighbour saying he would be over in a half hour to pick up an elevator he was buying. Got roughed up a bit with that, but will survive. I guess i'm in the middle of one of those two to three week binge's trying to find out just how much I can take. It's getting tired...

> >

> >

>

> **Almost over then time to relax, until that is DW retires and finds you plenty of jobs.**

:lol:

Maybe I'll have to find her a job so that she doesn't have the time to find me plenty of jobs!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> >

> > **Almost over then time to relax, until that is DW retires and finds you plenty of jobs.**

>

> :lol:

>

> Maybe I'll have to find her a job so that she doesn't have the time to find me plenty of jobs!

>

>

Hah, you're right tol! It's already happening as last night we were visiting with her BFF and hubby (who happens to be our contractor) and DW is asking about how much it would cost to build an outdoor sitting area with gazebo of some sort overtop of an interlocking stone patio! Ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching!!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

And in further news, our central air unit crapped the bed last night and it's only about 5 years old! I woke this morning about 5 am to grunting a groaning with water coming out of the furnace, so shut everything down and left the fan running to dry things out. Will tape things back up and see when happens when I fire it back up this afternoon. Can't get out of this place soon enough!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)