2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @scomac2002 said:

> Congrats to the U.S. Women's Soccer team for their victory over the Netherlands in the World Cup final.

>

> ----------------------------

>

> The Tour de France started yesterday and runs for the next three weeks. Bike racing is my thing, so I've been watching the extensive coverage since the Grande Depart. It's going to be quite wide open this year as two of the heavy favourites are not racing this year due to previous crashes, so there are no clear favourites for the overall win. The Dutch team; Jumbo Visima is off to a hot start winning the first two stages including today's team time trial.

>

> One of my favourite bits of my Tour routine is to watch _The Move_ with Lance Armstrong, J.B. Hagar and George Hincapie following each stage for analysis. If you know Lance, you will know that he holds nothing back. It's pretty entertaining and insightful. He also does a regular podcast on WeDu and I caught a good chunk of his interview with Sammy Hagar. Now that's one wild and crazy guy! Successful solo rocker and former front-man for Van Halen, he started his own tequila brand following his successful bar in Cabo San Lucas and eventually sold the brand to an international distributor of $93M! He said he's the luckiest piece of white trash alive. He didn't graduate from high school, but he was always willing to work his butt off and take a chance.

Armstrong was unfortunate to be sprung, bet there are many other pro cyclists doing the same and not being caught, loved Armstrong always used to watch him.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Congrats to the U.S. Women's Soccer team for their victory over the Netherlands in the World Cup final.

> >

> > ----------------------------

> >

> > The Tour de France started yesterday and runs for the next three weeks. Bike racing is my thing, so I've been watching the extensive coverage since the Grande Depart. It's going to be quite wide open this year as two of the heavy favourites are not racing this year due to previous crashes, so there are no clear favourites for the overall win. The Dutch team; Jumbo Visima is off to a hot start winning the first two stages including today's team time trial.

> >

> > One of my favourite bits of my Tour routine is to watch _The Move_ with Lance Armstrong, J.B. Hagar and George Hincapie following each stage for analysis. If you know Lance, you will know that he holds nothing back. It's pretty entertaining and insightful. He also does a regular podcast on WeDu and I caught a good chunk of his interview with Sammy Hagar. Now that's one wild and crazy guy! Successful solo rocker and former front-man for Van Halen, he started his own tequila brand following his successful bar in Cabo San Lucas and eventually sold the brand to an international distributor of $93M! He said he's the luckiest piece of white trash alive. He didn't graduate from high school, but he was always willing to work his butt off and take a chance.

>

> Armstrong was unfortunate to be sprung, bet there are many other pro cyclists doing the same and not being caught, loved Armstrong always used to watch him.

The very fact that the seven Tours he won do not have a named winner pretty much confirms that everyone was doing it they've just decided to let sleeping dogs lie now that they've got their pound of flesh off the top dog.

He may be barred for life, but he still has a bigger following than just about anyone else in professional cycling, especially this side of the pond. All that the powers that be really succeeded at was killing the amateur feeder system in NA that fed into the pro ranks. It hasn't bothered mountain biking, triatholon, cyclocross or gravel riding, but it's pretty much gutted the road system and turned it into a bunch of virtual training rooms on Peloton bikes for Generation Xers. :angry:

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > Wow, what a finish. Bryson drops an eagle on 18 to take the lead

> > > and then Wolff drops an eagle to win. Hats off to Morikawa as well

> > > with a birdie on 18 for a T2.

> > >

> > > **Love Wolff's golf swing.............no cookie cutter swing there, lol.**

> >

> > Looked like back surgery just waiting to happen the couple of swings I saw him take!

>

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > >

> > > **Love Wolff's golf swing.............no cookie cutter swing there, lol.**

> >

> > Looked like back surgery just waiting to happen the couple of swings I saw him take!

>

> I don't think so. Watch his lead heel rise in the backswing. His swing is

> actually a little old school and a lot idiosyncratic, lol, especially his swing

> trigger move.

>

That looks much more benign than what I saw (or thought I saw). Perhaps it was just the aggressive move he had when he went after one particular shot. His tempo is incredibly quick and that only makes it look worse. The trigger is quite unique as you say with the knee press.

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

The powers that be have done major damage to most sports in the name of pandering to the new generation, let’s face it not many of them will reach the same sporting heights.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > >

> >

>

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > >

> >

>

> I don't think so. Watch his lead heel rise in the backswing. His swing is

> actually a little old school and a lot idiosyncratic, lol, especially his swing

> trigger move.

>

In my worthless opinion, what separates the best swing coaches from pack is the rare ability to apply what I call "if-then" logic.

Here's one quick "if-then" notion about the golf swing:

* IF a golfer addresses the ball with level shoulders (versus a lower trail shoulder), THEN the ball will naturally tend to fligh-out lower. He will likely set up with the ball too much in the middle of his stance as well, and very likely stand a bit too close to the ball as his grip gradually makes its way too much in the lead palm.. These golfers obviously play better shots with shorter clubs but tend to struggle with longer clubs more than most.

This is just one example. Only the rarest of the rare swing coaches are able to tether how the myriad of "if-thens" can actually be used to a golfer's advantage. Let's say for example a golfer (for whatever reason) is simply wired to take the club back too much to the inside or outside. He's just GOING to make his backswing do something pretty unconventional. Okay, IF that's the case, what "then" medicines need to be prescribed to go with that move? Even more importantly, what would constitute terrible advice in this case?

The best of the best coaches find out what is hard-wired in a golfer's individuality and figure out how to build on it.

Yes, a "perfect" swing may have as many as 10 or 20 elements in common with other "perfect" swings. Yes, there are drills and such better coaches apply in the right order to make a swing more "perfect". But only the rarest coach identifies certain instinctive, in-born, hard-wired tendencies in a golfer and knows what "if-then" approaches to apply. And not apply.

Or so says I. Take what I say and a quarter and you might get half a cup of coffee with it. Lol

• Like 2

Played again this morning in my men's league. We had 16 show up for today's session. Pace of play was decidedly quick for some undetermined reason as my group went off second and we were done in well under the 2 hour mark which is more than a bit unusual for a day like today -- perfect weather!

I never got particularly comfortable as my back was tight, but it didn't seem to effect my swing negatively and I'm no worse for wear upon finishing. I'm hitting the ball better and better with each outing and seem to have completely tamed the slice tendency that I had earlier. In its place is my stock, high draw shot now. My short game was absolutely brutal today! I told my playing companions that I was on the verge of a _Tin Cup_ moment with my SW in hand, preparing to snap the shaft over my knee a la Roy McAvoy...

Needless to say I had a few doubles. I was consistently light with my putts too, so i gave a few strokes away. This lead to three pars, three bogies and three doubles. A sort of okay, but up and down game. Can't really expect much more than that playing nine twice a month, but hey, it was fun. We're starting to put together a group of about six that will play together depending upon who shows on each given day. We're all at about the same level, so it works out well.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

In the spirit of sharing

We have been packing in the summer fun. Mrs. scotee’s sis and BIL are visiting so we made another run up to the lake for the day yesterday. It was a perfect day.

Today we splurged for an all day Hell’s Canyon Tour. Fifteen years ago we went up river with some friends on a tour and we wanted the SIL and BIL to do this with us. This is what people do when they visit our area.

The big aluminum jet boat seats about 30 and cranks out just under 1000 horse power with twin 8.3 liter Cummins engines. We went up river about 75 miles and back. The driver said we burned 170 gal. of diesel fuel!

We saw lots of wild life including deer, Big Horn sheep, Osprey, Bald Eagles, Kingfishers, Great Blue Heron, ducks and geese. The captain really knows the river and skillfully navigated the rapids and missed all the boulders and gravel bars. This is a real trick because it all changes as the water level in the river drops.

Tomorrow the bil and I play some golf and then they head back to Az. and real heat. We are all tired in a good way and my phone did NOT go swimming this time and I have some pics to prove it :)

0ldgaiydw09e.png

4em3i5b8tvu9.png

dx9q5ufy5odh.png

0kb0e7hu4mjs.png

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > So @Reasonabliity. If you are too caught up in real life to stop by, believe me, I completely understand. If the urge to talk some golf swing gets the best of you, well that’s good too, so I will throw this out there for you and the rest of the Grille.

> > >

> > > In watching swings on tour these days I see a lot of iron swings where the post impact finish is with the right arm low across the chest (see Snedeker and Reavie and many others). I paused my TV last week and it happened to be in the middle of an ad with an unknown woman golfer in a very vertical finish. I have a pic of that on my phone that went swimming and don’t have it recovered yet but it looked much like my position. It also looks like some of the older players from the past like Hale Irwin.

> > >

> > > Questions:

> > >

> > > Knowing the finish is the result of something much earlier in the swing, what do you think sets up that position?

> > >

> > > Is there something wrong with that upright move? Brandel Chamblee?

> > >

> > > Is the flatter finish a better move? Does it make for more shallow divots?

> > >

> > > Should someone like me try to change it?

> > >

> > > uk2n1917p3jv.png

> > >

> > > 6k6o4bcm144y.png

> > >

> > > e3rk2mw3heos.png

> > >

> > > 11wam5oi9gjk.png

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > This is just my opinion, of course, but don't you think that something

> > like this would fall more under the category of swing "style" and not

> > really be all that important?

> >

> > You look fully rotated around and in balance; which I think are more

> > important. As Tiger said years ago, hands finishing low, medium, high

> > are a way of controlling ball flight. Maybe in these pics, you and Hale

> > are playing a high cut to a back right pin. :)

>

> I think you are probably right about the style thing Rad. It's not anything I am losing sleep over but was something I have noticed about the "modern" swing. It is interesting that recently, Brandel Chamblee has made his opinion known that he thinks more players should go back to a more upright swing. I have a new phone that is more water resistant and I was able to recover my contacts and pics! Here are the two that I was going to post. More of the same and not necessary to get my point across but hey, these pics survived the swim when my phone did not so here they are. What would Reasey think?

>

> idhlvqb4fo7z.png

>

> 58a3fbtdv7kz.png

>

>

>

Your initial post on this topic mentions how the end of the swing is a byproduct of what happens earlier. I fully concur. Absolutely agree some swings end with the trail arm more across the chest, while others finish rather high-handed. There surely are very different looking critters.

To be 100% honest, the predecessors leading up to either finish can be rooted multiples of multiples in the chain of events starting with grip and setup, to the sequence and sync of the motions back and through. But rather than leave it that vague and mysterious, we certainly "can" pick through some of the more common and key mechanics behind both swing styles... and when one versus the other might be a little better applied.

Common reasons for the high handed finish:

1). Most of us see nothing thru actual impact, or at best we see a blur as the clubhead flies thru the ball. BUT we all envision a line straight through the ball to the target. That one can get us in a little bit of a pickle. (More to come).

2). We're generally afraid to complete the backswing AND equally afraid to accelerate the shoulder turn not only down and through, but all the way to the finish.

3). We rely (typically) too much on arm speed "at" the ball versus letting our wrists/hands release and hinge back AND through. Fully unhinging wrists will pull us into a more complete finish whereby the trail shoulder points to the target more so than the chest. (Spine health allowing).

4). We tytpically stand a bit too close at address making it very hard to rotate around the spine on anything but an upright plane. The trail side hip wanders laterally and/or freezes up, as the lead side knee/hip creeps toward the ball going back. An even more vertical spine through impact then happens. The faulty backswing work makes it almost painful to clear the hips during the downswing. AKA early extension. Early extenders famously stand the shaft up vertically halfway down to the ball and "hold off" their wrist release to avoid a hook finishing with the chest at the target with very high hands. Their longest drives are often a push or push-slice.

5). Many golfer set up and swing with their shoulders too level and/or slide laterally too much, and/or pop up vertically too early during the downswing. When at least two of these three occur, there's almost no way to finish any other way but chest toward the target with high hands.

6). Single plane swingers - a'la Moe Norman.... typically own that finish.

Now all that suggests the high handed finish is completely "wrong". Not necessarily! More to come on that.

Common reasons for the across-the-chest finish.

1). We see this more often as better player control spin with shorter clubs during approach shots. Not saying some don't apply that move all the way to driver but commonly it's seen from wedges through maybe 6 or 7 iron.

2). The easiest way to mimic it is to imagine lots of forward shaft lean at impact while hitting ball-first as that handle moves low and around your lead side pants pocket after impact. Holding off on a full wrist-release may be helpful imagery. Maybe the thought of a hold-off move to avoid what would otherwise be a low pulled shot would help.

3). It "can" be risky. You have to release it and fully plant that straighted trail arm across the chest with commitment... but at the same time all manner of shanks, pulls, fats, thins, etc., can be born in this bad boy. Takes practice and is probably best applied to shots from 75 yards in for us mere mortals.

4). You HAVE to setup and STAY in your address posture until after the strike.

So, which is better? And when?

IMHO longer pitches and wedges shots that require spin control are a little better managed across the chest.

For fuller swings, the high handed finish is fine whenever the goal is a higher fade provided the initial grip and setup promote that shot. Any shot/swing that can be done consistently is a weapon to be respected. It's when that finish is born of common faults that it may be less weapon and more enemy.

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> Very sad house tonight our red Burmese cat passed away around 12 ,30 am, he has been a joy from day one, walked around as if he owned the world but was as loving as they come. The past three months he has had a lung infection, stopped eating cat food so he has been fed only raw chicken breast which he would consume with gusto and in large quantities. At nearly 16 years old he has had a full and happy life. Passed away in his sleep on his favourite bed, a picture of him cuddling a Siamese

>

> RIP Quasimodo.

>

> 3kfflmzkrqbk.jpeg

>

Pardon my rude oversight Tol. Was away as your news hit the Grille. Losing a pet hits hard. Very hard.

Here's to one of the truly good one's and a great ride during a nice life.

• Like 2

> @Reasonability said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > Very sad house tonight our red Burmese cat passed away around 12 ,30 am, he has been a joy from day one, walked around as if he owned the world but was as loving as they come. The past three months he has had a lung infection, stopped eating cat food so he has been fed only raw chicken breast which he would consume with gusto and in large quantities. At nearly 16 years old he has had a full and happy life. Passed away in his sleep on his favourite bed, a picture of him cuddling a Siamese

> >

> > RIP Quasimodo.

> >

> > 3kfflmzkrqbk.jpeg

> >

>

> Pardon my rude oversight Tol. Was away as your news hit the Grille. Losing a pet hits hard. Very hard.

>

> Here's to one of the truly good one's and a great ride during a nice life.

You have your own troubles Reason, thanks anyway was a sad day and we were there as he passed quietly when asleep. Been expecting it for several weeks.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> In the spirit of sharing

>

> We have been packing in the summer fun. Mrs. scotee’s sis and BIL are visiting so we made another run up to the lake for the day yesterday. It was a perfect day.

>

> Today we splurged for an all day ****’s Canyon Tour. Fifteen years ago we went up river with some friends on a tour and we wanted the SIL and BIL to do this with us. This is what people do when they visit our area.

>

> The big aluminum jet boat seats about 30 and cranks out just under 1000 horse power with twin 8.3 liter Cummins engines. We went up river about 75 miles and back. The driver said we burned 170 gal. of diesel fuel!

>

> We saw lots of wild life including deer, Big Horn sheep, Osprey, Bald Eagles, Kingfishers, Great Blue Heron, ducks and geese. The captain really knows the river and skillfully navigated the rapids and missed all the boulders and gravel bars. This is a real trick because it all changes as the water level in the river drops.

>

> Tomorrow the bil and I play some golf and then they head back to Az. and real heat. We are all tired in a good way and my phone did NOT go swimming this time and I have some pics to prove it :)

>

> 0ldgaiydw09e.png

>

> 4em3i5b8tvu9.png

>

> dx9q5ufy5odh.png

>

> 0kb0e7hu4mjs.png

>

Nice pics, sounded like a wild ride.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Anyone else watch the homerun derby on Monday night? 91 homeruns total on the evening for Vladdy Guerrero Jr. and he didn't even win the final round, losing 23-22. He hit 37 more homeruns than Pete Alonso who was declared the winner! They expect us to take this seriously? :confounded:

In my mind, Vladdy is the winner and the real runnerup should have been Jock Petersen after that epic semi-final battle 40-39, but baseball has a way of effing things up with the way in which they run these ~~competitions~~ exhibitions. Shoot, Petersen had 55 homers on the night whereas Alonso only hit 54!

Going back to the Tour de France coverage now thank you very much!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Anyone else watch the homerun derby on Monday night? 91 homeruns total on the evening for Vladdy Guerrero Jr. and he didn't even win the final round, losing 23-22. He hit 37 more homeruns than Pete Alonso who was declared the winner! They expect us to take this seriously? :confounded:

> In my mind, Vladdy is the winner and the real runnerup should have been Jock Petersen after that epic semi-final battle 40-39, but baseball has a way of effing things up with the way in which they run these ~~competitions~~ exhibitions. Shoot, Petersen had 55 homers on the night whereas Alonso only hit 54!

>

> Going back to the Tour de France coverage now thank you very much!

We have had a busy week which is not finished until Saturday, the only home run I am interested in is the run from our last call of the day to our front door. Having said that, enjoy the TDF, a fantastic test of perseverance.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

DW shops on a web site that sells end of run top end clothes at real low prices, this is a polo shirt from a golf web site originally for $140, DW purchased it for $20. What amused me was it was purchased by a non golfer without any idea of the implication of the name.

uexe30vhhd1s.jpeg

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Anyone else watch the homerun derby on Monday night? 91 homeruns total on the evening for Vladdy Guerrero Jr. and he didn't even win the final round, losing 23-22. He hit 37 more homeruns than Pete Alonso who was declared the winner! They expect us to take this seriously? :confounded:

> > In my mind, Vladdy is the winner and the real runnerup should have been Jock Petersen after that epic semi-final battle 40-39, but baseball has a way of effing things up with the way in which they run these ~~competitions~~ exhibitions. Shoot, Petersen had 55 homers on the night whereas Alonso only hit 54!

> >

> > Going back to the Tour de France coverage now thank you very much!

>

> We have had a busy week which is not finished until Saturday, the only home run I am interested in is the run from our last call of the day to our front door. Having said that, **enjoy the TDF, a fantastic test of perseverance.**

Epic stage today as the peloton makes their way to the first summit finish at La Planche des Belle Filles in the Vosges in the Alsace region. 13000' vertical in 100 miles with pitches up to 24%! :confounded:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > Anyone else watch the homerun derby on Monday night? 91 homeruns total on the evening for Vladdy Guerrero Jr. and he didn't even win the final round, losing 23-22. He hit 37 more homeruns than Pete Alonso who was declared the winner! They expect us to take this seriously? :confounded:

> > > In my mind, Vladdy is the winner and the real runnerup should have been Jock Petersen after that epic semi-final battle 40-39, but baseball has a way of effing things up with the way in which they run these ~~competitions~~ exhibitions. Shoot, Petersen had 55 homers on the night whereas Alonso only hit 54!

> > >

> > > Going back to the Tour de France coverage now thank you very much!

> >

> > We have had a busy week which is not finished until Saturday, the only home run I am interested in is the run from our last call of the day to our front door. Having said that, **enjoy the TDF, a fantastic test of perseverance.**

>

> Epic stage today as the peloton makes their way to the first summit finish at La Planche des Belle Filles in the Vosges in the Alsace region. 13000' vertical in 100 miles with pitches up to 24%! :confounded:

>

It was some years ago when I read a medical report on the way the muscles of the cyclists are abused by the sport. It’s a wonder any of them finish the race and testament to their fitness even if some are taking drugs, the drugs only mask the pain and give them a slight edge, but that’s all they need at that level.

Back to my judo days, we trained hard, five days a week, then a Japanese world champion came to town and did training sessions, the difference in intensity could never be measured and it gave us the real story on elite athletes fitness. I always look at the TDF participants in the same way as we did that Japanese champion.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> DW shops on a web site that sells end of run top end clothes at real low prices, this is a polo shirt from a golf web site originally for $140, DW purchased it for $20. What amused me was it was purchased by a non golfer without any idea of the implication of the name.

>

> uexe30vhhd1s.jpeg

>

>

>

Never could understand the mentality of those who would pay $140 for a polo shirt. I don't wear polos, due to my moobs, but I refuse to pay more than $20 for my OCBD shirts. Got the last 2 short sleeves at Penney's at Bogo for $36. Decent quality.

The most expensive shirt I ever bought was around 1990, a Ralph Lauren OCBD at $55 full retail. (Had the polo player logo, no breast pocket.) Looked like crap after one washing. Wrinkled like crazy, needed to be starched and ironed, looked like you slept in it an hour after putting it on fresh. Faded out in no time, and relegated to wearing for chores.

Watched a show on beach front properties. People have budgets for $800K and up. One realtor showed a couple a fixer upper at $650K, told the people this is what to expect at that price range. Those houses look like they're made from match sticks.

The missus likes to watch those dream shows.

Ridiculous.

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > DW shops on a web site that sells end of run top end clothes at real low prices, this is a polo shirt from a golf web site originally for $140, DW purchased it for $20. What amused me was it was purchased by a non golfer without any idea of the implication of the name.

> >

> > uexe30vhhd1s.jpeg

> >

> >

> >

> Never could understand the mentality of those who would pay $140 for a polo shirt. I don't wear polos, due to my moobs, but I refuse to pay more than $20 for my OCBD shirts. Got the last 2 short sleeves at Penney's at Bogo for $36. Decent quality.

> The most expensive shirt I ever bought was around 1990, a Ralph Lauren OCBD at $55 full retail. (Had the polo player logo, no breast pocket.) Looked like crap after one washing. Wrinkled like crazy, needed to be starched and ironed, looked like you slept in it an hour after putting it on fresh. Faded out in no time, and relegated to wearing for chores.

> Watched a show on beach front properties. People have budgets for $800K and up. One realtor showed a couple a fixer upper at $650K, told the people this is what to expect at that price range. Those houses look like they're made from match sticks.

> The missus likes to watch those dream shows.

> Ridiculous.

>

We cannot understand the price some will pay for clothes, the site DW uses has really expensive stuff sometimes, last week a pair of ladies jeans with massive holes everywhere and they were over $2000, we would not buy them for polishing cloths.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > DW shops on a web site that sells end of run top end clothes at real low prices, this is a polo shirt from a golf web site originally for $140, DW purchased it for $20. What amused me was it was purchased by a non golfer without any idea of the implication of the name.

> > >

> > > uexe30vhhd1s.jpeg

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > Never could understand the mentality of those who would pay $140 for a polo shirt. I don't wear polos, due to my moobs, but I refuse to pay more than $20 for my OCBD shirts. Got the last 2 short sleeves at Penney's at Bogo for $36. Decent quality.

> > The most expensive shirt I ever bought was around 1990, a Ralph Lauren OCBD at $55 full retail. (Had the polo player logo, no breast pocket.) Looked like crap after one washing. Wrinkled like crazy, needed to be starched and ironed, looked like you slept in it an hour after putting it on fresh. Faded out in no time, and relegated to wearing for chores.

> > Watched a show on beach front properties. People have budgets for $800K and up. One realtor showed a couple a fixer upper at $650K, told the people this is what to expect at that price range. Those houses look like they're made from match sticks.

> > The missus likes to watch those dream shows.

> > Ridiculous.

> >

>

> We cannot understand the price some will pay for clothes, the site DW uses has really expensive stuff sometimes, last week a pair of ladies jeans with massive holes everywhere and they were over $2000, we would not buy them for polishing cloths.

Total insanity, pants and jeans with holes in them. Seems "everyone" is wearing them. I guess if celebrities would jump in the river, "everyone" would do it.

A month ago, or so, I went to a extended family function, and one woman, in her seventies, had the ripped up blue jeans on. She had a face lift or some such thing, dyed blond hair, and she tried to look and act young. It didn't work.

Pitiful.

• Like 2

I think the majority of retail stores cater to the gotta-have-it-now, impulse buyer. I noticed last winter when I was mall walking that the sales were almost a constant thing, as in the MSRP was really just a ficticious number that had little relation to what they item would be sold for and even then it was often times still too high. It's got to the point that I will refuse unless it's 50% off.

There's an outlet mall about 20 minutes or so from the new house. We go there a couple of times a year as it is and do the bulk of our clothes shopping there or on-line. Truth is we both have far more than we need. That has certainly been made obvious as we have been sorting and packing. Many bags went to charity. I really like the rule of thumb that if you haven't worn a piece in two years it needs to leave. That should probably apply to almost any sort of item. We're all guilty of collecting far too much stuff!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I buy my clothes on eBay these days although I am well stocked up

and good until at least 2053..............when I turn 100 :)

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

When it comes to golf swings and all the individual weirdness that may

come with any one person's preshot routine and backswing; I think the

downswing is where the rubber meets the road; notwithstanding whether

what came before may or may not be an unnecessary complication which

may force a previously not but now a much needed compensation....or

compensations............ which could, depending on the golfer, be very

beneficial action/reactions; which for that golfer may work better than a

simple swing back then swing down swing action.

Golf instructors are learning that simple is not the best medicine for all.

But, the catch is; only simple can or should be taught. Those uncommon

golfers, with beneficial complications in the swings, were not taught those

things but came by them naturally. For whatever reason the action/reaction

they produce works.

Count them in a tiny tiny group of golfers who can play at a world class

level with complicated set ups and/or swings that no one would or could

teach.

It was once said that the 6 things wrong with Lee Trevino's swing added

up to 1 immaculate right. Jack Nicklaus's famous flying right elbow won

72 times on tour with 18 majors.

The list is long for top players with peculiarities in their swings...but no list

is kept of the millions of swings with peculiarities that don't work, and that

hurt a golfer's chances for improvement.

OK, my random and peculiar swing thoughts for the week, including the

longest run on sentence I have attempted in years, lol.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

Hey I just signed on and off twice and both times my download manager came on and said this site wanted to download a bunch of downloads. Anyone been getting that? And I looked around and could not find a way to let this site know.

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

> @Conrad1953 said:

> When it comes to golf swings and all the individual weirdness that may

> come with any one person's preshot routine and backswing; I think the

> downswing is where the rubber meets the road; notwithstanding whether

> what came before may or may not be an unnecessary complication which

> may force a previously not but now a much needed compensation....or

> compensations............ which could, depending on the golfer, be very

> beneficial action/reactions; which for that golfer may work better than a

> simple swing back then swing down swing action.

>

> Golf instructors are learning that simple is not the best medicine for all.

> But, the catch is; only simple can or should be taught. Those uncommon

> golfers, with beneficial complications in the swings, were not taught those

> things but came by them naturally. For whatever reason the action/reaction

> they produce works.

>

> Count them in a tiny tiny group of golfers who can play at a world class

> level with complicated set ups and/or swings that no one would or could

> teach.

>

> It was once said that the 6 things wrong with Lee Trevino's swing added

> up to 1 immaculate right. Jack Nicklaus's famous flying right elbow won

> 72 times on tour with 18 majors.

>

> The list is long for top players with peculiarities in their swings...but no list

> is kept of the millions of swings with peculiarities that don't work, and that

> hurt a golfer's chances for improvement.

>

> OK, my random and peculiar swing thoughts for the week, including the

> longest run on sentence I have attempted in years, lol.

WOW, take a bow Conrad ?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Qqq123xx said:

> Hey I just signed on and off twice and both times my download manager came on and said this site wanted to download a bunch of downloads. Anyone been getting that? And I looked around and could not find a way to let this site know.

Not I................I'm still waiting for the new skin to show up here. It still looks

a little pasty around here.

I wonder what they're trying to download onto your computer Q. Maybe

they're trying to give you free golf clubs or balls............or divot repair tools.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

4 scores and 7 beers ago this change started. Instead of focusing on that

I will just quote the late great Arnold........Hey WRX....while we're young!!!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Qqq123xx said:

> > Hey I just signed on and off twice and both times my download manager came on and said this site wanted to download a bunch of downloads. Anyone been getting that? And I looked around and could not find a way to let this site know.

>

> Not I................I'm still waiting for the new skin to show up here. It still looks

> a little pasty around here.

>

> I wonder what they're trying to download onto your computer Q. Maybe

> they're trying to give you free golf clubs or balls............or divot repair tools.

>

>

Not sure pretty weird. I started a thread over in the problem section so will just wait and see.

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)