Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Number 1 son came out yesterday to give me a hand moving empties from the basement returning them to the Beer Store. I tend to collect quite a few before making the trek once a year or so. Afterwards we headed down the peninsula to go to a craft brewery that has a really nice patio and kitchen attached. It was a glorious day and being a weekend the place was just jumping! We timed it pretty well getting there just as one wave were finishing up and before the next bigger wave of customers arrived. This place always has something interesting on tap if you like funky beers. We each did a tasting flight and then picked our favourites from that for the next one. We also did a bit of a world tour of share plates ordering Asian dumplings, Moroccan chicken wings and a roasted cauliflower humus with na'an bread. They were all delicious! Extremely flavourful that stand up well to strong beers.

> > Afterwards I swung by our new place to snoop. We don't get possession for another three weeks and I wanted to check that the grass was being cut, which it was, although the gardens are looking a bit wild with all the wet weather this spring. What a beautiful neighbourhood with all the trees fully leafed out now. So peaceful. #1 son was quite impressed and remarked; _I'm going to enjoy coming down here to visit!_

>

> **Sounds as if you had a very good day and may also be having a lodger in the new house. **

>

> Unfortunately, good quality beer houses and restaurants are non existent where we live. Unless you are paying lots of money eating out is quite an ordinary event anyway, so we tend to stay home and spoil ourselves with home cooking. DW can compete with the best when it comes to food. We had a friend over for lunch months ago and she brought her son with her who is a chef in a top restaurant in Norway, he was taking pictures of the table when all the food was served up, he wanted to use some of her ideas when he was back at work.

>

> A peaceful existence is what most of us want, that why we live where we live.

We can accomodate that. There's a bedroom in the basement along with a full three piece bathroom. We kinda figured that's where the kids would hang out when they came to visit so that they could entertain friends down there. DW is always thinking; she's even got one upstairs bedroom earmarked for the baby should one ever come to be. We're also hatching plans for an outdoor entertainment space. I can only imagine what's going to happen once DW retires and needs a project or two or...

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I spent a fair amount of time reading this thread last night. If

there was a reasonable private club around here I might have

joined one when retiring, for the reasons dpb and a few others

have stated. I like the concept but I can get much of the same

with an RTJ annual pass for far less than joining a club.

It is a little disturbing to me how some can be so negative about

private golf clubs. Geez, people have the constitutional right to

freely associate with whomever they wish. Private golf clubs

aren't hurting anyone. I don't care for the snooty country club

types myself but that's just me, personally. I wouldn't join a

club where those types rule the roost, but I'm sure every private

club has, at least, a few resident snoots, that I could avoid if I

wanted to be a member.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1774109/the-decline-of-the-country-club/p1

• Like 1

So @Reasonabliity. If you are too caught up in real life to stop by, believe me, I completely understand. If the urge to talk some golf swing gets the best of you, well that’s good too, so I will throw this out there for you and the rest of the Grille.

In watching swings on tour these days I see a lot of iron swings where the post impact finish is with the right arm low across the chest (see Snedeker and Reavie and many others). I paused my TV last week and it happened to be in the middle of an ad with an unknown woman golfer in a very vertical finish. I have a pic of that on my phone that went swimming and don’t have it recovered yet but it looked much like my position. It also looks like some of the older players from the past like Hale Irwin.

Questions:

Knowing the finish is the result of something much earlier in the swing, what do you think sets up that position?

Is there something wrong with that upright move? Brandel Chamblee?

Is the flatter finish a better move? Does it make for more shallow divots?

Should someone like me try to change it?

uk2n1917p3jv.png

6k6o4bcm144y.png

e3rk2mw3heos.png

11wam5oi9gjk.png

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> So @Reasonabliity. If you are too caught up in real life to stop by, believe me, I completely understand. If the urge to talk some golf swing gets the best of you, well that’s good too, so I will throw this out there for you and the rest of the Grille.

>

> In watching swings on tour these days I see a lot of iron swings where the post impact finish is with the right arm low across the chest (see Snedeker and Reavie and many others). I paused my TV last week and it happened to be in the middle of an ad with an unknown woman golfer in a very vertical finish. I have a pic of that on my phone that went swimming and don’t have it recovered yet but it looked much like my position. It also looks like some of the older players from the past like Hale Irwin.

>

> Questions:

>

> Knowing the finish is the result of something much earlier in the swing, what do you think sets up that position?

>

> Is there something wrong with that upright move? Brandel Chamblee?

>

> Is the flatter finish a better move? Does it make for more shallow divots?

>

> Should someone like me try to change it?

>

> uk2n1917p3jv.png

>

> 6k6o4bcm144y.png

>

> e3rk2mw3heos.png

>

> 11wam5oi9gjk.png

>

>

>

>

I can only add what I have already said in earlier posts, my experience with judo coaching tells me there is no swing that will fit everyone, whatever works for your body type and individual characteristics are what has to be. Trying to make everyone fit the mould does not work, learn the basics, practice and your individual game will develop naturally.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > Number 1 son came out yesterday to give me a hand moving empties from the basement returning them to the Beer Store. I tend to collect quite a few before making the trek once a year or so. Afterwards we headed down the peninsula to go to a craft brewery that has a really nice patio and kitchen attached. It was a glorious day and being a weekend the place was just jumping! We timed it pretty well getting there just as one wave were finishing up and before the next bigger wave of customers arrived. This place always has something interesting on tap if you like funky beers. We each did a tasting flight and then picked our favourites from that for the next one. We also did a bit of a world tour of share plates ordering Asian dumplings, Moroccan chicken wings and a roasted cauliflower humus with na'an bread. They were all delicious! Extremely flavourful that stand up well to strong beers.

> > > Afterwards I swung by our new place to snoop. We don't get possession for another three weeks and I wanted to check that the grass was being cut, which it was, although the gardens are looking a bit wild with all the wet weather this spring. What a beautiful neighbourhood with all the trees fully leafed out now. So peaceful. #1 son was quite impressed and remarked; _I'm going to enjoy coming down here to visit!_

> >

> > **Sounds as if you had a very good day and may also be having a lodger in the new house. **

> >

> > Unfortunately, good quality beer houses and restaurants are non existent where we live. Unless you are paying lots of money eating out is quite an ordinary event anyway, so we tend to stay home and spoil ourselves with home cooking. DW can compete with the best when it comes to food. We had a friend over for lunch months ago and she brought her son with her who is a chef in a top restaurant in Norway, he was taking pictures of the table when all the food was served up, he wanted to use some of her ideas when he was back at work.

> >

> > A peaceful existence is what most of us want, that why we live where we live.

>

> We can accomodate that. There's a bedroom in the basement along with a full three piece bathroom. We kinda figured that's where the kids would hang out when they came to visit so that they could entertain friends down there. DW is always thinking; she's even got one upstairs bedroom earmarked for the baby should one ever come to be. We're also hatching plans for an outdoor entertainment space. I can only imagine what's going to happen once DW retires and needs a project or two or...

>

>

We used to be able to accomodate visitors but now all our spare rooms have been put to use either as a study and now our art studio, we are looking to make a room available but that would mean moving our art work into the shed which would have problems with heating and cooling as it is rather large. Working on it though.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Was just talking to my stepson today. Don't really care for the term

"stepson" though technically it is correct. More like a son to me since

I raised him from the age of 3....... and he'll turn 40 this October......

tempus fugit...............wow, lol.

Anyway, he and his bride and their 3 kids just moved to Minnesota.

He's in an occupation where the demand is high and there are few

trained to do the job, relatively speaking, so he gets offers from various

places from time to time to come work for them. He's in the light rail

transit business that is growing in urban/suburban areas around the

country.

He started in San Diego many years ago and kinda got in on the

ground floor at one of the best in the country at the time. The city

of Charlotte, NC recruited him to come work for them and so they

moved there and stayed for a few years. He didn't like working for

them after awhile and they sold their house and moved back to

San Diego.

Recently he's had offers from the City of Houston and the City

of Minneapolis amd he went and checked them out and the offer

from Minneapolis was too good to pass on..............so, they

bought a house in a small town north of the city and are getting

settled in as I write this.

He told me this is the last move. They want to settle in one place

for the sake of the kids..............so Minnesota it is!

Funny where life can take you. I remember some 35+ years ago

talking to a cohort at Toys R Us about the possibility of getting

relocated to someplace I might not want to go. He said to me

"with enough money you can make life nice anywhere in the

country". I couldn't argue with that.

So he and his bride and the grandkids are excited about being

in Minnesota and ready to embrace the lifestyle of Minnesotans

....................and, it seems, we'll be going up there at some point

to visit......but not in the winter!! LOL

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Was just talking to my stepson today. Don't really care for the term

> "stepson" though technically it is correct. More like a son to me since

> I raised him from the age of 3....... and he'll turn 40 this October......

> tempus fugit...............wow, lol.

>

> Anyway, he and his bride and their 3 kids just moved to Minnesota.

>

> He's in an occupation where the demand is high and there are few

> trained to do the job, relatively speaking, so he gets offers from various

> places from time to time to come work for them. He's in the light rail

> transit business that is growing in urban/suburban areas around the

> country.

>

> He started in San Diego many years ago and kinda got in on the

> ground floor at one of the best in the country at the time. The city

> of Charlotte, NC recruited him to come work for them and so they

> moved there and stayed for a few years. He didn't like working for

> them after awhile and they sold their house and moved back to

> San Diego.

>

> Recently he's had offers from the City of Houston and the City

> of Minneapolis amd he went and checked them out and the offer

> from Minneapolis was too good to pass on..............so, they

> bought a house in a small town north of the city and are getting

> settled in as I write this.

>

> He told me this is the last move. They want to settle in one place

> for the sake of the kids..............so Minnesota it is!

>

> Funny where life can take you. I remember some 35+ years ago

> talking to a cohort at Toys R Us about the possibility of getting

> relocated to someplace I might not want to go. He said to me

> "with enough money you can make life nice anywhere in the

> country". I couldn't argue with that.

>

> So he and his bride and the grandkids are excited about being

> in Minnesota and ready to embrace the lifestyle of Minnesotans

> ....................and, it seems, we'll be going up there at some point

> to visit......but not in the winter!! LOL

Never ever in the winter☃️

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> So @Reasonabliity. If you are too caught up in real life to stop by, believe me, I completely understand. If the urge to talk some golf swing gets the best of you, well that’s good too, so I will throw this out there for you and the rest of the Grille.

>

> In watching swings on tour these days I see a lot of iron swings where the post impact finish is with the right arm low across the chest (see Snedeker and Reavie and many others). I paused my TV last week and it happened to be in the middle of an ad with an unknown woman golfer in a very vertical finish. I have a pic of that on my phone that went swimming and don’t have it recovered yet but it looked much like my position. It also looks like some of the older players from the past like Hale Irwin.

>

> Questions:

>

> Knowing the finish is the result of something much earlier in the swing, what do you think sets up that position?

>

>

>

>

> uk2n1917p3jv.png

>

> 6k6o4bcm144y.png

>

> e3rk2mw3heos.png

>

> 11wam5oi9gjk.png

>

>

>

>

It's the no lightning in the area swing.

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

> @Qqq123xx said:

> > @scotee said:

> > So @Reasonabliity. If you are too caught up in real life to stop by, believe me, I completely understand. If the urge to talk some golf swing gets the best of you, well that’s good too, so I will throw this out there for you and the rest of the Grille.

> >

> > In watching swings on tour these days I see a lot of iron swings where the post impact finish is with the right arm low across the chest (see Snedeker and Reavie and many others). I paused my TV last week and it happened to be in the middle of an ad with an unknown woman golfer in a very vertical finish. I have a pic of that on my phone that went swimming and don’t have it recovered yet but it looked much like my position. It also looks like some of the older players from the past like Hale Irwin.

> >

> > Questions:

> >

> > Knowing the finish is the result of something much earlier in the swing, what do you think sets up that position?

> >

> > Is there something wrong with that upright move? Brandel Chamblee?

> >

> > Is the flatter finish a better move? Does it make for more shallow divots?

> >

> > Should someone like me try to change it?

> >

> > uk2n1917p3jv.png

> >

> > 6k6o4bcm144y.png

> >

> > e3rk2mw3heos.png

> >

> > 11wam5oi9gjk.png

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> It's the no lightning in the area swing.

:smiley: The Lee Trevino One Iron swing?

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @scotee said:

> > @Qqq123xx said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > So @Reasonabliity. If you are too caught up in real life to stop by, believe me, I completely understand. If the urge to talk some golf swing gets the best of you, well that’s good too, so I will throw this out there for you and the rest of the Grille.

> > >

> > > In watching swings on tour these days I see a lot of iron swings where the post impact finish is with the right arm low across the chest (see Snedeker and Reavie and many others). I paused my TV last week and it happened to be in the middle of an ad with an unknown woman golfer in a very vertical finish. I have a pic of that on my phone that went swimming and don’t have it recovered yet but it looked much like my position. It also looks like some of the older players from the past like Hale Irwin.

> > >

> > > Questions:

> > >

> > > Knowing the finish is the result of something much earlier in the swing, what do you think sets up that position?

> > >

> > > Is there something wrong with that upright move? Brandel Chamblee?

> > >

> > > Is the flatter finish a better move? Does it make for more shallow divots?

> > >

> > > Should someone like me try to change it?

> > >

> > > uk2n1917p3jv.png

> > >

> > > 6k6o4bcm144y.png

> > >

> > > e3rk2mw3heos.png

> > >

> > > 11wam5oi9gjk.png

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > It's the no lightning in the area swing.

>

> :smiley: The Lee Trevino One Iron swing?

>

A fade listens but lightning doesn't.

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I suppose you all know the feeling when you are hit with the knowledge you should have realised much earlier.

Toilets have two valves, inlet and outlet, inlet replaced six months ago. Recently there has been a slight leak from the outlet valve, resulting in the inlet valve allowing more water into the system, when it does this in small amounts the valve vibrates and makes a loud noise, it’s not just the noise but the waste of water, a quick bang on the system and it stops until the next time you flush

Removed the outlet valve two months ago, cleaned it but it made no difference, took it out this weekend and re examined the seal, there was a very slight fuzziness on the surface. Going back awhile I had decided to replace the valve cost $70, tried to remove it this weekend and the bottom part was stuck, did not work out how to remove it so looked closer and noticed the seal was only a flat rubber washer, removed it, turned it over, re assembled and it now works well. If someone else had done this, messing about for so long I would have taken the pee, so I am now smacking myself over the head for my stupidity of not taking my initial examination further, it’s not like me.

Must be getting old.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

>

>

> Questions:

>

>

>

>

>

> uk2n1917p3jv.png

>

> 6k6o4bcm144y.png

>

> e3rk2mw3heos.png

>

> 11wam5oi9gjk.png

>

>

>

>

I've always had a high finish position. Don't know what that says...

Went to the range yesterday to practice. It was a glorious day and I felt like doing something outside that wasn't work related. My chipping and putting have been attrocious so that was my mission. I worked away at it for about and hour on an empty practice green. Everyone else that was there was actually playing golf. Then made my way over to the short game area and founds the bunkers unmaintained, so that was out. There were a slew of range balls there though so took advantage of that and began to hit a few full swing pitches with a sand iron. The finish position above is my classic finish so maybe that will give Reasy a hint as to my move/slide/swing. I did notice that I was bottoming out right under the ball and hitting them heavy and short. That could be why I'm so short at this time. At least it's straight and where I'm aiming. Can't always say that about my chips and putts so my alignment must be off there. At least I got to rolling the ball a lot better by the end rather than trying to steer the putt.

Considering I had spent the better part of an hour and a half practicing on a range without even buying a single range ball I felt I should at least get a beer before I left. There I was in classic DOM fashion sitting alone on the patio in mid afternoon watching the lady golfers come off of the 9th green. I could have had a Carl Spackler moment! :lol:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Today's golf went very well. This is the first time that I felt like I used to do in terms of confidence as to ball striking and putting. The short game left something to be desired, but you can't have everything come together all at once with so little play and practice over the past year and a half.

Shot 37 gross/net 29 to finish second in the weekly Nassau. I also took home closest to the pin on 7. Had a birdie, four pars, two bogies and a double and a triple. Played with an interesting group of guys who all shot well. They say you play up to your competition, so maybe they're onto something there. Obviously the putter was working, but so was my 5 hybrid using it 4 times off the tee. I'm beginning to wonder if the search for a dependable fairway wood is a bit of a fools errand with the results I had today. Perhaps all I need is a longer, lower lofted hybrid and just run with that. :grey_question:

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Lower lofted Hybrids won't go as far as same lofted woods, primarily

due to the shorter shaft length, but they are easier to control for me.

I'm thinking of reshafting my G10 15 degree hybrid with a PL Blue

shaft and using it in place of my 17 degree G15 4 wood, also with a

PL Blue shaft. My guess is the lower loft of the hybrid will offset the

longer shaft length of the 4 wood, some, and I won't lose much

distance and have better control of the ball, with the hybrid.

BTW, congrats on the nice round Sco. Seems to me you're getting

back in the goove pretty quickly.

• Like 1

> @scotee said:

>

>

> Questions:

>

>

>

>

>

> uk2n1917p3jv.png

>

> 6k6o4bcm144y.png

>

> e3rk2mw3heos.png

>

> 11wam5oi9gjk.png

>

>

>

>

This is just my opinion, of course, but don't you think that something

like this would fall more under the category of swing "style" and not

really be all that important?

You look fully rotated around and in balance; which I think are more

important. As Tiger said years ago, hands finishing low, medium, high

are a way of controlling ball flight. Maybe in these pics, you and Hale

are playing a high cut to a back right pin. :)

• Like 1

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Lower lofted Hybrids won't go as far as same lofted woods, primarily

> due to the shorter shaft length, but they are easier to control for me.

That's the consensus point-of-view, but I'm not sure that always works out for the great unwashed. I think that I've been fairly consistent in hitting a 3h about as far as a 3W across an average of 10 shots when I had one in the bag. That old Nickent 20° 3DX Ironwood was a go-to club for many years. There maybe a 19° Rescue in the bag (and no fairways) before all this experimentation is over...

>

> I'm thinking of reshafting my G10 15 degree hybrid with a PL Blue

> shaft and using it in place of my 17 degree G15 4 wood, also with a

> PL Blue shaft. My guess is the lower loft of the hybrid will offset the

> longer shaft length of the 4 wood, some, and I won't lose much

> distance and have better control of the ball, with the hybrid.

>

> BTW, congrats on the nice round Sco. Seems to me you're getting

> back in the goove pretty quickly.

Thanks Conrad. We'll see if I can follow it up with a few more scores in the 30's before I'll declare that I'm back. Shoot, I doubt I'll ever be back to where I was before, but I'm at a pretty good place, so that maybe good enough! One day I'll get really smart and drop down to about 10 clubs and only playing short courses and just enjoy the game for the sake of playing. I'm probably closer to that point than I realize. There's a lot more to life than being good at golf.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Today's golf went very well. This is the first time that I felt like I used to do in terms of confidence as to ball striking and putting. The short game left something to be desired, but you can't have everything come together all at once with so little play and practice over the past year and a half.

>

> Shot 37 gross/net 29 to finish second in the weekly Nassau. I also took home closest to the pin on 7. Had a birdie, four pars, two bogies and a double and a triple. Played with an interesting group of guys who all shot well. They say you play up to your competition, so maybe they're onto something there. Obviously the putter was working, but so was my 5 hybrid using it 4 times off the tee. I'm beginning to wonder if the search for a dependable fairway wood is a bit of a fools errand with the results I had today. Perhaps all I need is a longer, lower lofted hybrid and just run with that. :grey_question:

Back in the groove Sco, looks as if the rest has done you good. I cannot hit a fairway wood, always end up going 90* to the intended path but my 4 hybrid is always straight down the middle, not often I have a wayward shot with it. Does not always go as far as I would like but that’s another story.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

As cold as we are going to be today, winter is now well and truly here. This morning woke up to 47*, thankfully that will be the minimum. Roll on summer.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @scotee said:

> > So @Reasonabliity. If you are too caught up in real life to stop by, believe me, I completely understand. If the urge to talk some golf swing gets the best of you, well that’s good too, so I will throw this out there for you and the rest of the Grille.

> >

> > In watching swings on tour these days I see a lot of iron swings where the post impact finish is with the right arm low across the chest (see Snedeker and Reavie and many others). I paused my TV last week and it happened to be in the middle of an ad with an unknown woman golfer in a very vertical finish. I have a pic of that on my phone that went swimming and don’t have it recovered yet but it looked much like my position. It also looks like some of the older players from the past like Hale Irwin.

> >

> > Questions:

> >

> > Knowing the finish is the result of something much earlier in the swing, what do you think sets up that position?

> >

> > Is there something wrong with that upright move? Brandel Chamblee?

> >

> > Is the flatter finish a better move? Does it make for more shallow divots?

> >

> > Should someone like me try to change it?

> >

> > uk2n1917p3jv.png

> >

> > 6k6o4bcm144y.png

> >

> > e3rk2mw3heos.png

> >

> > 11wam5oi9gjk.png

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> This is just my opinion, of course, but don't you think that something

> like this would fall more under the category of swing "style" and not

> really be all that important?

>

> You look fully rotated around and in balance; which I think are more

> important. As Tiger said years ago, hands finishing low, medium, high

> are a way of controlling ball flight. Maybe in these pics, you and Hale

> are playing a high cut to a back right pin. :)

I think you are probably right about the style thing Rad. It's not anything I am losing sleep over but was something I have noticed about the "modern" swing. It is interesting that recently, Brandel Chamblee has made his opinion known that he thinks more players should go back to a more upright swing. I have a new phone that is more water resistant and I was able to recover my contacts and pics! Here are the two that I was going to post. More of the same and not necessary to get my point across but hey, these pics survived the swim when my phone did not so here they are. What would Reasey think?

idhlvqb4fo7z.png

58a3fbtdv7kz.png

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @scotee said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > So @Reasonabliity. If you are too caught up in real life to stop by, believe me, I completely understand. If the urge to talk some golf swing gets the best of you, well that’s good too, so I will throw this out there for you and the rest of the Grille.

> > >

> > > In watching swings on tour these days I see a lot of iron swings where the post impact finish is with the right arm low across the chest (see Snedeker and Reavie and many others). I paused my TV last week and it happened to be in the middle of an ad with an unknown woman golfer in a very vertical finish. I have a pic of that on my phone that went swimming and don’t have it recovered yet but it looked much like my position. It also looks like some of the older players from the past like Hale Irwin.

> > >

> > > Questions:

> > >

> > > Knowing the finish is the result of something much earlier in the swing, what do you think sets up that position?

> > >

> > > Is there something wrong with that upright move? Brandel Chamblee?

> > >

> > > Is the flatter finish a better move? Does it make for more shallow divots?

> > >

> > > Should someone like me try to change it?

> > >

> > > uk2n1917p3jv.png

> > >

> > > 6k6o4bcm144y.png

> > >

> > > e3rk2mw3heos.png

> > >

> > > 11wam5oi9gjk.png

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > This is just my opinion, of course, but don't you think that something

> > like this would fall more under the category of swing "style" and not

> > really be all that important?

> >

> > You look fully rotated around and in balance; which I think are more

> > important. As Tiger said years ago, hands finishing low, medium, high

> > are a way of controlling ball flight. Maybe in these pics, you and Hale

> > are playing a high cut to a back right pin. :)

>

> I think you are probably right about the style thing Rad. It's not anything I am losing sleep over but was something I have noticed about the "modern" swing. It is interesting that recently, Brandel Chamblee has made his opinion known that he thinks more players should go back to a more upright swing. I have a new phone that is more water resistant and I was able to recover my contacts and pics! Here are the two that I was going to post. More of the same and not necessary to get my point across but hey, these pics survived the swim when my phone did not so here they are. What would Reasey think?

>

> idhlvqb4fo7z.png

>

> 58a3fbtdv7kz.png

>

>

>

Never been able to do the full follow though, tried but it did not feel natural. Watched some of the Asian ladies play and they almost tie themselves in knots.

• Like 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > Number 1 son came out yesterday to give me a hand moving empties from the basement returning them to the Beer Store. I tend to collect quite a few before making the trek once a year or so. Afterwards we headed down the peninsula to go to a craft brewery that has a really nice patio and kitchen attached. It was a glorious day and being a weekend the place was just jumping! We timed it pretty well getting there just as one wave were finishing up and before the next bigger wave of customers arrived. This place always has something interesting on tap if you like funky beers. We each did a tasting flight and then picked our favourites from that for the next one. We also did a bit of a world tour of share plates ordering Asian dumplings, Moroccan chicken wings and a roasted cauliflower humus with na'an bread. They were all delicious! Extremely flavourful that stand up well to strong beers.

> > > > Afterwards I swung by our new place to snoop. We don't get possession for another three weeks and I wanted to check that the grass was being cut, which it was, although the gardens are looking a bit wild with all the wet weather this spring. What a beautiful neighbourhood with all the trees fully leafed out now. So peaceful. #1 son was quite impressed and remarked; _I'm going to enjoy coming down here to visit!_

> > >

> > > **Sounds as if you had a very good day and may also be having a lodger in the new house. **

> > >

> > > Unfortunately, good quality beer houses and restaurants are non existent where we live. Unless you are paying lots of money eating out is quite an ordinary event anyway, so we tend to stay home and spoil ourselves with home cooking. DW can compete with the best when it comes to food. We had a friend over for lunch months ago and she brought her son with her who is a chef in a top restaurant in Norway, he was taking pictures of the table when all the food was served up, he wanted to use some of her ideas when he was back at work.

> > >

> > > A peaceful existence is what most of us want, that why we live where we live.

> >

> > We can accomodate that. There's a bedroom in the basement along with a full three piece bathroom. We kinda figured that's where the kids would hang out when they came to visit so that they could entertain friends down there. DW is always thinking; she's even got one upstairs bedroom earmarked for the baby should one ever come to be. We're also hatching plans for an outdoor entertainment space. I can only imagine what's going to happen once DW retires and needs a project or two or...

> >

> >

>

> We used to be able to accomodate visitors but now all our spare rooms have been put to use either as a study and now our art studio, we are looking to make a room available but that would mean moving our art work into the shed which would have problems with heating and cooling as it is rather large. Working on it though.

Benjamin Franklin was right when he said, "Fish and guests smell after two days." My late mother was an avid reader in her young days. She quoted Benjamin Franklin quite a bit, along with many other ancient words of wisdom.

Ben was right. Our house is relatively small with one bathroom, not ideal for guests. Even the missus, with her close family ties, knows a couple guests creates bedlam and insanity in a one bathroom house. So, SIL Betty, is designated hotel manager, with four bedrooms and three bathrooms.

I always tell the missus, "If someone stays here, I'll hand them a bucket as they come in with their suitcase. I've only stayed in someone else's house a couple times in my life, and would rather go to a hotel. Heck, I'd rather pay for someone else's hotel bill than to billet them at home.

Before the missus sold her Mom's house, every member of her family had an instant bed and breakfast. Every week, some family members were always there, basically sponging, never offering to pay for anything. Missus's brother and family came one time for a Independence Day four day junket, and left with what little food they brought. Missus was responsible for all the shopping, cleaning, and service, for all the pleasant family getaways. No one ever gave MIL money. Too heck with that.

Anyhow, I laugh when people have mentioned that my ATS has a very tight back seat. I tell them, "I'm not running a jitney service." Nor running a bed and breakfast.

Just Tuesday morning thoughts by a crusty old dude.

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > @tolmij said:

> > > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > > Number 1 son came out yesterday to give me a hand moving empties from the basement returning them to the Beer Store. I tend to collect quite a few before making the trek once a year or so. Afterwards we headed down the peninsula to go to a craft brewery that has a really nice patio and kitchen attached. It was a glorious day and being a weekend the place was just jumping! We timed it pretty well getting there just as one wave were finishing up and before the next bigger wave of customers arrived. This place always has something interesting on tap if you like funky beers. We each did a tasting flight and then picked our favourites from that for the next one. We also did a bit of a world tour of share plates ordering Asian dumplings, Moroccan chicken wings and a roasted cauliflower humus with na'an bread. They were all delicious! Extremely flavourful that stand up well to strong beers.

> > > > > Afterwards I swung by our new place to snoop. We don't get possession for another three weeks and I wanted to check that the grass was being cut, which it was, although the gardens are looking a bit wild with all the wet weather this spring. What a beautiful neighbourhood with all the trees fully leafed out now. So peaceful. #1 son was quite impressed and remarked; _I'm going to enjoy coming down here to visit!_

> > > >

> > > > **Sounds as if you had a very good day and may also be having a lodger in the new house. **

> > > >

> > > > Unfortunately, good quality beer houses and restaurants are non existent where we live. Unless you are paying lots of money eating out is quite an ordinary event anyway, so we tend to stay home and spoil ourselves with home cooking. DW can compete with the best when it comes to food. We had a friend over for lunch months ago and she brought her son with her who is a chef in a top restaurant in Norway, he was taking pictures of the table when all the food was served up, he wanted to use some of her ideas when he was back at work.

> > > >

> > > > A peaceful existence is what most of us want, that why we live where we live.

> > >

> > > We can accomodate that. There's a bedroom in the basement along with a full three piece bathroom. We kinda figured that's where the kids would hang out when they came to visit so that they could entertain friends down there. DW is always thinking; she's even got one upstairs bedroom earmarked for the baby should one ever come to be. We're also hatching plans for an outdoor entertainment space. I can only imagine what's going to happen once DW retires and needs a project or two or...

> > >

> > >

> >

> > We used to be able to accomodate visitors but now all our spare rooms have been put to use either as a study and now our art studio, we are looking to make a room available but that would mean moving our art work into the shed which would have problems with heating and cooling as it is rather large. Working on it though.

>

> Benjamin Franklin was right when he said, "Fish and guests smell after two days." My late mother was an avid reader in her young days. She quoted Benjamin Franklin quite a bit, along with many other ancient words of wisdom.

> Ben was right. Our house is relatively small with one bathroom, not ideal for guests. Even the missus, with her close family ties, knows a couple guests creates bedlam and insanity in a one bathroom house. So, SIL Betty, is designated hotel manager, with four bedrooms and three bathrooms.

> I always tell the missus, "If someone stays here, I'll hand them a bucket as they come in with their suitcase. I've only stayed in someone else's house a couple times in my life, and would rather go to a hotel. Heck, I'd rather pay for someone else's hotel bill than to billet them at home.

> Before the missus sold her Mom's house, every member of her family had an instant bed and breakfast. Every week, some family members were always there, basically sponging, never offering to pay for anything. Missus's brother and family came one time for a Independence Day four day junket, and left with what little food they brought. Missus was responsible for all the shopping, cleaning, and service, for all the pleasant family getaways. No one ever gave MIL money. Too heck with that.

> Anyhow, I laugh when people have mentioned that my ATS has a very tight back seat. I tell them, "I'm not running a jitney service." Nor running a bed and breakfast.

> Just Tuesday morning thoughts by a crusty old dude.

Amen to those thoughts. DW had a work mate who was a good friend, worked at the catholic centre and did weekend courses. We moved away and by coincidence she had a course to run close to our new home, we offered her accomodation for the weekend as a friend, she had a really large allowance for accomodation, DW knew how much it was as she also used to work with her. She spent three days with is, ate like a horse and drank like a fish, never offered any of her allowance, we were not looking for it but the offer would have been good manners. A little while later we invited her over for the weekend, sorry she said that’s too far to travel, no expenses so no travel.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I look at things differently. I'm happy to put friends or family members up. Our children (and their spouses) will always have a bed available to them should the need arise. When we travel out west to see the kids, we stay with them even though the accomodations are spartan and I've wondered aloud about booking a hotel, I suspect that we'll just end up buying them a better bed so that we have something to sleep in that's more comfortable. We just make a habit when we're out there to go to the grocery store and shop and then cook for them. We even do the laundry before we go.

We've stayed with friends out east for extended periods on a couple of ocasions. They've asked us to join them in Portugal as they winter there in a rental villa. We will probably take them up on that for a month possibly once DW retires. My assumption is that we would split expenses while there, but I just don't know exactly how that would play out.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Just a memory from my youth to add to the discussion above. I remember as a child that there always seemed to be someone who was "boarding" with us, be it a hired man in the summer or the milk inspector who would spend the night when he was at the farm testing the cows. Obviously the board was part of the pay for hired help, but the milk inspector thing was just a bit different as they would travel from farm to farm, sometimes even having to be driven if they didn't have a car. (Hard to imagine that one in this day and age, but I can remember one fellow having to be driven when I was very young.) I recall my mom talking about the hired man always wanting to hold me and she would refuse as he didn't bath often enough for her liking. Also a strange thought, but when the water supply for the house consisted of a 1500 gallon cistern that collected rain water or a dug well with a hand pump for drinking water it isn't all that hard to understand that baths were on Wednesday and Saturday nights which often coincided with community social events. It seemed that everyone lived under similar constraints with common schedules. No wonder cologne was so popular!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Back in the UK where all of our families still reside, we used to stay over at each other’s homes, on several occasions when we were moving house and when they were moving house we would put each other up sometimes for months. It has been different in Australia as the only person over here was the MIL, and we had a granny flat on the back of a new house we had built, before that we were in what is called a high set house, that is a house on stilts with no living quarters on the ground floor. I converted that into a self contained flat for the MIL, took me six months of part time building as I was working full time. She had a fully functional one bedroom home with all mod cons. That as an aside was the first house we owned in Australia, we purchased it after being in the country two months and MIL joined us about six months later.

Since being in Australia we have had several good friends but apart from the one lady never lived far enough away to warrant an overnight stay.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Very sad house tonight our red Burmese cat passed away around 12 ,30 am, he has been a joy from day one, walked around as if he owned the world but was as loving as they come. The past three months he has had a lung infection, stopped eating cat food so he has been fed only raw chicken breast which he would consume with gusto and in large quantities. At nearly 16 years old he has had a full and happy life. Passed away in his sleep on his favourite bed, a picture of him cuddling a Siamese

RIP Quasimodo.

3kfflmzkrqbk.jpeg

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> Very sad house tonight our red Burmese cat passed away around 12 ,30 am, he has been a joy from day one, walked around as if he owned the world but was as loving as they come. The past three months he has had a lung infection, stopped eating cat food so he has been fed only raw chicken breast which he would consume with gusto and in large quantities. At nearly 16 years old he has had a full and happy life. Passed away in his sleep on his favourite bed, a picture of him cuddling a Siamese

>

> RIP Quasimodo.

>

> 3kfflmzkrqbk.jpeg

>

Sorry to hear. 16 yo is some life. I had two cats one after the other that lived to be 14 and 12.

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

> @tolmij said:

> Very sad house tonight our red Burmese cat passed away around 12 ,30 am, he has been a joy from day one, walked around as if he owned the world but was as loving as they come. The past three months he has had a lung infection, stopped eating cat food so he has been fed only raw chicken breast which he would consume with gusto and in large quantities. At nearly 16 years old he has had a full and happy life. Passed away in his sleep on his favourite bed, a picture of him cuddling a Siamese

>

> RIP Quasimodo.

>

> 3kfflmzkrqbk.jpeg

>

Sorry for your loss Tol. Pets become treasured members of the family.

• Like 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)