2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @SixtySomePing said:

> We miss you too Reasy. You're not a lousy caregiver.

> A family caregiver gets put on the spot involuntarily and should never feel guilty or unprepared for the goodness they are doing.:

> There is no homogenous or single type of family caregiver.

> There is no "common family caregiver solution."

> One size does not fit all.

> Family caregiving is complex, confusing, complicated and counter-intuitive.

> We do not have a caregiving gene in our DNA and it is far from intuitive. Few go to school to learn how to be family caregivers. Therefore if it is isn’t genetic, intuitive or learned, it should come as no surprise that family caregivers “don’t know what they don’t know!” It's the same as if you had been handed a set of golf clubs having never played and been told 'go shoot par starting today'.

> I remember when my wife got breast cancer 25 years ago, and our world turned upside down. I started taking her to chemo sessions, and she would get sick etc. But the first time we went I had to fill out some paperwork, and the nurse said to me "Are you her caregiver?" She might have just as well asked "do you have the next space shuttle ready to launch today?". As I took her home and she was all rolled up in a ball before the grand throw up session began, I truly was the helpless caregiver, a lousy one I thought, but she said I was there for her, and it meant everything. You are doing more for her than you will ever know Reasy, believe me, you are a hero right now!

Good post Sixty, as usual you know exactly what to say to make people feel better. I second every word.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > We miss you too Reasy. You're not a lousy caregiver.

> > A family caregiver gets put on the spot involuntarily and should never feel guilty or unprepared for the goodness they are doing.:

> > There is no homogenous or single type of family caregiver.

> > There is no "common family caregiver solution."

> > One size does not fit all.

> > Family caregiving is complex, confusing, complicated and counter-intuitive.

> > We do not have a caregiving gene in our DNA and it is far from intuitive. Few go to school to learn how to be family caregivers. Therefore if it is isn’t genetic, intuitive or learned, it should come as no surprise that family caregivers “don’t know what they don’t know!” It's the same as if you had been handed a set of golf clubs having never played and been told 'go shoot par starting today'.

> > I remember when my wife got breast cancer 25 years ago, and our world turned upside down. I started taking her to chemo sessions, and she would get sick etc. But the first time we went I had to fill out some paperwork, and the nurse said to me "Are you her caregiver?" She might have just as well asked "do you have the next space shuttle ready to launch today?". As I took her home and she was all rolled up in a ball before the grand throw up session began, I truly was the helpless caregiver, a lousy one I thought, but she said I was there for her, and it meant everything. You are doing more for her than you will ever know Reasy, believe me, you are a hero right now!

>

> Good post Sixty, as usual you know exactly what to say to make people feel better. I second every word.

Totally agree. Those words truly come from the heart. There is a feeling

of helplessness that we've all felt at times when someone we love and

cherish is suffering but we should never underestimate the power of

just being there when there is nothing else we can do.

• Like 1

> @scomac2002 said:

> We're winding down here on the wet coast. I say wet because we're getting that variable mountain weather.

> I feel as though I've tasted enough wine to last me for the rest of the year at least! Tonight will be the third day in a row of big eating and more wine than is healthy. I'm going to need a recovery period! So much for a birthday month, a week is more than I can handle! I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my regular routine.

You can never drink more wine than is healthy, it naturally stops you that’s why they put alcohol in it. Its a nice fruity liquid and we all know fruit drinks are good for you, correct? Anyways up you only have another three weeks to go, no point in stopping now.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

We braved the wind and the rain to partake in a tasting dinner at God's Mountain Resort that was put on by Joy Road Catering. Very much a local and seasonal type of thing that featured the honey of the Similkimeen Valley Apiary.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> We braved the wind and the rain to partake in a tasting dinner at God's Mountain Resort that was put on by Joy Road Catering. Very much a local and seasonal type of thing that featured the honey of the Similkimeen Valley Apiary.

>

Brilliant menu and location, hope it went well and the reality lived up to the hype. Still enjoying the birthday month?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Yes, the event lived up to expectations despite the showers that attempted to detract from the spirit of the evening. The meal was delicious! The hosts were delightful!

Still enjoying birthday month as we sit in Calgary airport waiting to board the plane home. Back to reality tomorrow and continuing preparations for the move.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Well good morning Grillers, it appears that most have been frightened away by the upgrades, I know it has not been an interesting situation for me also however we must try to rise above it and reform our little group. WRX has much to answer for.

Hope to have more interaction come on boys where are you.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Busy day today. Came home last night to an open door and a fridge on the fritz again. The door is a bit of a mystery, but my realestate agent took the blame as the buyers were through again this weekend for the preclosing walk-through.

When we left a week ago I paut a bunch of bread products in the freezer and i guess I didn't ge the door completely closed. Ended up freezing up the coils in the freezer blocking the flow of cold air to the refrigerator portion. Had to take that apart and thaw it out with a hairdryer and got it back to working condition by about noon time.

From there it was off to the licence bureau to get our car tags renewed and then off the the accountants to collect our tax papers that were filed while we were away. Grabbed a bite to eat on the way home and then DW decided that she wanted to put together a new bar stool that she bought on-line for the new place.

Tomorrow she's back to work and I've gotsome banking to do and then fill the fridge with groceries as we have next to nothing to eat in the house. Thursday will be at the course working and then going to our home opener for the local CFL squad in the evening. Friday; who knows. I'm sure something will come up. Not very interesting convo for a golf forum, that's for sure, but such is my life at this time. Hope to play again with my men's league on Monday.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @billh17 said:

> @Tolmij

> Sorry about the lack of posts. Hope to return soon. I think maybe summer and family issues

> have kept a lot of us away. Hope all is well with you and your family,and glad to see that you are getting back out there !

No apologies required billh, we all have busy periods where other priorities come up, nice to see you when you can.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

> Busy day today. Came home last night to an open door and a fridge on the fritz again. The door is a bit of a mystery, but my realestate agent took the blame as the buyers were through again this weekend for the preclosing walk-through.

>

> When we left a week ago I paut a bunch of bread products in the freezer and i guess I didn't ge the door completely closed. Ended up freezing up the coils in the freezer blocking the flow of cold air to the refrigerator portion. Had to take that apart and thaw it out with a hairdryer and got it back to working condition by about noon time.

>

> From there it was off to the licence bureau to get our car tags renewed and then off the the accountants to collect our tax papers that were filed while we were away. Grabbed a bite to eat on the way home and then DW decided that she wanted to put together a new bar stool that she bought on-line for the new place.

>

> Tomorrow she's back to work and I've gotsome banking to do and then fill the fridge with groceries as we have next to nothing to eat in the house. Thursday will be at the course working and then going to our home opener for the local CFL squad in the evening. Friday; who knows. I'm sure something will come up. Not very interesting convo for a golf forum, that's for sure, but such is my life at this time. Hope to play again with my men's league on Monday.

Interesting busy day, the Grille is the Grille, anything and everything is up for discussion. My day shopping, shopping and more shopping, did I also tell you I did some shopping.

Your fridge was fixable thank goodness, one winter when MIL was visiting she arrived back home to the whole house having ice down every wall, a pipe had burst in the roof, don’t know why a pipe was there, but it poured water and then the weather cooled again and it froze. It took two months to remove it all, the local council put an industrial de humidifier in the house and it remove all the moisture from the walls.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @Conrad1953 said:

> I think it will pick up again in here in a bit. We have lulls in here from

> time to time for various reasons and the Grille stays open and people

> find their way back.

>

> I'm looking forward to the "new old look" easyyyy said was coming

> sometime this month. I hope it comes soon.

Hopefully, I know Fella was not impressed, we will have to give him a nudge sometime. In the meantime I am quite willing to talk to myself, being married I am good at it.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I won again in the league last night, with 2 triple bogeys. That's with 2 birdies barely bringing me through, 7-0 now. The one thing I was a little iffy on was that I went to the range over the weekend as I had 3 shafts for my driver, one being a regular flex. Had been thinking it was time to change over, and at the range the regular flex worked really well. At the course it worked out even better and I was thrilled, got some distance from it and a little more draw too. So now I think it's time to keep the switch over to the regular.

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Busy day today. Came home last night to an open door and a fridge on the fritz again. The door is a bit of a mystery, but my realestate agent took the blame as the buyers were through again this weekend for the preclosing walk-through.

> >

> > When we left a week ago I paut a bunch of bread products in the freezer and i guess I didn't ge the door completely closed. Ended up freezing up the coils in the freezer blocking the flow of cold air to the refrigerator portion. Had to take that apart and thaw it out with a hairdryer and got it back to working condition by about noon time.

> >

> > From there it was off to the licence bureau to get our car tags renewed and then off the the accountants to collect our tax papers that were filed while we were away. Grabbed a bite to eat on the way home and then DW decided that she wanted to put together a new bar stool that she bought on-line for the new place.

> >

> > Tomorrow she's back to work and I've gotsome banking to do and then fill the fridge with groceries as we have next to nothing to eat in the house. Thursday will be at the course working and then going to our home opener for the local CFL squad in the evening. Friday; who knows. I'm sure something will come up. Not very interesting convo for a golf forum, that's for sure, but such is my life at this time. Hope to play again with my men's league on Monday.

>

> Interesting busy day, the Grille is the Grille, anything and everything is up for discussion. My day shopping, shopping and more shopping, did I also tell you I did some shopping.

>

> Your fridge was fixable thank goodness, **one winter when MIL was visiting she arrived back home to the whole house having ice down every wall, a pipe had burst in the roof, don’t know why a pipe was there, but it poured water and then the weather cooled again and it froze**. It took two months to remove it all, the local council put an industrial de humidifier in the house and it remove all the moisture from the walls.

Sounds a bit like a situation our cruise buddies were faced with after returning home from a three week stint in Florida. The main waterline that feeds their house was laid directly under there driveway and it froze that winter due to no snow cover over the line and no water being used. It took weeks to get the water back on as the local council waited for the line to thaw out on its own. In the meantime they were getting water from their neighbours outdoor faucet as council decided that was the best solution under the circumstances. I never did ask how the bill was proportioned for both water and electricity?

Just got off the phone with DW as she is stuck in traffic. Two of the major escarpment accesses are closed this morning. One for construction, the other due to an accident. All of a sudden you end up with 40000 cars trying to get down the hill on a single 4 lane highway! The construction is supposed to be completed, but they're taking their sweet time bringing that road back into service. It never ceases to amaze me the lack of foresight that goes into urban planning where the powers that be are so anxious to build greenfield developments without having the necessary infrastructure inplace first! The situation is only going to get worse. This is in part why we have chosen to move to where we are moving to get closer to transportation arteries and further away from all the new construction. It won't eliminate the problem, but should help ease getting around for the last year and a half that DW is working.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> I won again in the league last night, with 2 triple bogeys. That's with 2 birdies barely bringing me through, 7-0 now. The one thing I was a little iffy on was that I went to the range over the weekend as I had 3 shafts for my driver, one being a regular flex. Had been thinking it was time to change over, and at the range the regular flex worked really well. At the course it worked out even better and I was thrilled, got some distance from it and a little more draw too. So now I think it's time to keep the switch over to the regular.

I switched over to regular shafts in both driver and fairways some 2 years ago now. Irons except for wedges I rotate between one set of graphite in my KZG forged I also have another set of KZGs just like those with Rifle 5.5 steel shafts in them. My Mac VIPs I have older Hogan Apex #2 steel shafts which are a senior flex. I can still hit the old Pro-Pel 2 shafts which is basically a S-300 in some of the older Macs but they tire me out in the course of a round. When I get tired out I literally quit on the ball

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > I won again in the league last night, with 2 triple bogeys. That's with 2 birdies barely bringing me through, 7-0 now. The one thing I was a little iffy on was that I went to the range over the weekend as I had 3 shafts for my driver, one being a regular flex. Had been thinking it was time to change over, and at the range the regular flex worked really well. At the course it worked out even better and I was thrilled, got some distance from it and a little more draw too. So now I think it's time to keep the switch over to the regular.

>

> I switched over to regular shafts in both driver and fairways some 2 years ago now. Irons except for wedges I rotate between one set of graphite in my KZG forged I also have another set of KZGs just like those with Rifle 5.5 steel shafts in them. My Mac VIPs I have older Hogan Apex #2 steel shafts which are a senior flex. I can still hit the old Pro-Pel 2 shafts which is basically a S-300 in some of the older Macs but they tire me out in the course of a round. When I get tired out I literally quit on the ball

I'm so glad I did this, I still have stiff in my wedges too, the Vokeys, but I have stiff in the fairways too which I wish was regular now. I still use the old Tisi fairways, I just like them a lot, but I would like to give regular shafts a try...

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > Busy day today. Came home last night to an open door and a fridge on the fritz again. The door is a bit of a mystery, but my realestate agent took the blame as the buyers were through again this weekend for the preclosing walk-through.

> > >

> > > When we left a week ago I paut a bunch of bread products in the freezer and i guess I didn't ge the door completely closed. Ended up freezing up the coils in the freezer blocking the flow of cold air to the refrigerator portion. Had to take that apart and thaw it out with a hairdryer and got it back to working condition by about noon time.

> > >

> > > From there it was off to the licence bureau to get our car tags renewed and then off the the accountants to collect our tax papers that were filed while we were away. Grabbed a bite to eat on the way home and then DW decided that she wanted to put together a new bar stool that she bought on-line for the new place.

> > >

> > > Tomorrow she's back to work and I've gotsome banking to do and then fill the fridge with groceries as we have next to nothing to eat in the house. Thursday will be at the course working and then going to our home opener for the local CFL squad in the evening. Friday; who knows. I'm sure something will come up. Not very interesting convo for a golf forum, that's for sure, but such is my life at this time. Hope to play again with my men's league on Monday.

> >

> > Interesting busy day, the Grille is the Grille, anything and everything is up for discussion. My day shopping, shopping and more shopping, did I also tell you I did some shopping.

> >

> > Your fridge was fixable thank goodness, **one winter when MIL was visiting she arrived back home to the whole house having ice down every wall, a pipe had burst in the roof, don’t know why a pipe was there, but it poured water and then the weather cooled again and it froze**. It took two months to remove it all, the local council put an industrial de humidifier in the house and it remove all the moisture from the walls.

>

> Sounds a bit like a situation our cruise buddies were faced with after returning home from a three week stint in Florida. The main waterline that feeds their house was laid directly under there driveway and it froze that winter due to no snow cover over the line and no water being used. It took weeks to get the water back on as the local council waited for the line to thaw out on its own. In the meantime they were getting water from their neighbours outdoor faucet as council decided that was the best solution under the circumstances. I never did ask how the bill was proportioned for both water and electricity?

>

> Just got off the phone with DW as she is stuck in traffic. Two of the major escarpment accesses are closed this morning. One for construction, the other due to an accident. All of a sudden you end up with 40000 cars trying to get down the hill on a single 4 lane highway! The construction is supposed to be completed, but they're taking their sweet time bringing that road back into service. It never ceases to amaze me the lack of foresight that goes into urban planning where the powers that be are so anxious to build greenfield developments without having the necessary infrastructure inplace first! The situation is only going to get worse. This is in part why we have chosen to move to where we are moving to get closer to transportation arteries and further away from all the new construction. It won't eliminate the problem, but should help ease getting around for the last year and a half that DW is working.

>

>

Do not get me started about road works, we have several going locally and it does not matter what time or how often you drive past, you never see anything being worked on. They are always standing round talking or sitting down eating and they always take at least twice as long as predicted. Rant over ?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> I won again in the league last night, with 2 triple bogeys. That's with 2 birdies barely bringing me through, 7-0 now. The one thing I was a little iffy on was that I went to the range over the weekend as I had 3 shafts for my driver, one being a regular flex. Had been thinking it was time to change over, and at the range the regular flex worked really well. At the course it worked out even better and I was thrilled, got some distance from it and a little more draw too. So now I think it's time to keep the switch over to the regular.

Wow, we have a Tiger in the Grille, well done Sixty keep up the good work and the reputation of the Grille.??‍♂️

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > I won again in the league last night, with 2 triple bogeys. That's with 2 birdies barely bringing me through, 7-0 now. The one thing I was a little iffy on was that I went to the range over the weekend as I had 3 shafts for my driver, one being a regular flex. Had been thinking it was time to change over, and at the range the regular flex worked really well. At the course it worked out even better and I was thrilled, got some distance from it and a little more draw too. So now I think it's time to keep the switch over to the regular.

>

>

> Wow, we have a Tiger in the Grille, well done Sixty keep up the good work and the reputation of the Grille.??‍♂️

Indeed. Pretty soon they're gonna be saying that you're a ringer! :wink:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > > Busy day today. Came home last night to an open door and a fridge on the fritz again. The door is a bit of a mystery, but my realestate agent took the blame as the buyers were through again this weekend for the preclosing walk-through.

> > > >

> > > > When we left a week ago I paut a bunch of bread products in the freezer and i guess I didn't ge the door completely closed. Ended up freezing up the coils in the freezer blocking the flow of cold air to the refrigerator portion. Had to take that apart and thaw it out with a hairdryer and got it back to working condition by about noon time.

> > > >

> > > > From there it was off to the licence bureau to get our car tags renewed and then off the the accountants to collect our tax papers that were filed while we were away. Grabbed a bite to eat on the way home and then DW decided that she wanted to put together a new bar stool that she bought on-line for the new place.

> > > >

> > > > Tomorrow she's back to work and I've gotsome banking to do and then fill the fridge with groceries as we have next to nothing to eat in the house. Thursday will be at the course working and then going to our home opener for the local CFL squad in the evening. Friday; who knows. I'm sure something will come up. Not very interesting convo for a golf forum, that's for sure, but such is my life at this time. Hope to play again with my men's league on Monday.

> > >

> > > Interesting busy day, the Grille is the Grille, anything and everything is up for discussion. My day shopping, shopping and more shopping, did I also tell you I did some shopping.

> > >

> > > Your fridge was fixable thank goodness, **one winter when MIL was visiting she arrived back home to the whole house having ice down every wall, a pipe had burst in the roof, don’t know why a pipe was there, but it poured water and then the weather cooled again and it froze**. It took two months to remove it all, the local council put an industrial de humidifier in the house and it remove all the moisture from the walls.

> >

> > Sounds a bit like a situation our cruise buddies were faced with after returning home from a three week stint in Florida. The main waterline that feeds their house was laid directly under there driveway and it froze that winter due to no snow cover over the line and no water being used. It took weeks to get the water back on as the local council waited for the line to thaw out on its own. In the meantime they were getting water from their neighbours outdoor faucet as council decided that was the best solution under the circumstances. I never did ask how the bill was proportioned for both water and electricity?

> >

> > Just got off the phone with DW as she is stuck in traffic. Two of the major escarpment accesses are closed this morning. One for construction, the other due to an accident. All of a sudden you end up with 40000 cars trying to get down the hill on a single 4 lane highway! The construction is supposed to be completed, but they're taking their sweet time bringing that road back into service. It never ceases to amaze me the lack of foresight that goes into urban planning where the powers that be are so anxious to build greenfield developments without having the necessary infrastructure inplace first! The situation is only going to get worse. This is in part why we have chosen to move to where we are moving to get closer to transportation arteries and further away from all the new construction. It won't eliminate the problem, but should help ease getting around for the last year and a half that DW is working.

> >

> >

>

> Do not get me started about road works, we have several going locally and it does not matter what time or how often you drive past, you never see anything being worked on. They are always standing round talking or sitting down eating and they always take at least twice as long as predicted. Rant over ?

Know what you mean, we have had a ssssllllooowww road closure on the way to the golf course since May. They take minor portions of the road and close it for a huge sewer line installment. The whole thing is supposed to be done in October, so getting to and from the course is an adventure this year, as the map shows. This is actually out in the country too, so small two lane highways, rolling hills, lots of surprises. They always publish that the next section will be done in such and such a time, but don't say that they will starting up the next 20 feet immediately after that...

g6jo08vtqias.png

• Like 2

A sign of the times, we have a store that has most things in the food line etc, but we do not use them often as they are too expensive. They have self service checkouts, there have been so many thefts going through there they have now instituted a new system. The old one put a bag on the out side scan first item, one second later scan next and so on as fast as you wanted. Now, scan item after confirming you are using a bag, put item in bag and it is weighed confirming the weight coincides with the bar code, this can take up to 7 seconds, scan second item, place in bag, it is weighed to confirm it coincides with the bar code, and so on. So now it can take up to 10/15 times longer as if I purchased say 10 of the same item, I used to scan the same piece 10 times then place all items in the bag, now every single item is treated as a seperate purchase. Talk about going backwards.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> A sign of the times, we have a store that has most things in the food line etc, but we do not use them often as they are too expensive. They have self service checkouts, there have been so many thefts going through there they have now instituted a new system. The old one put a bag on the out side scan first item, one second later scan next and so on as fast as you wanted. Now, scan item after confirming you are using a bag, put item in bag and it is weighed confirming the weight coincides with the bar code, this can take up to 7 seconds, scan second item, place in bag, it is weighed to confirm it coincides with the bar code, and so on. So now it can take up to 10/15 times longer as if I purchased say 10 of the same item, I used to scan the same piece 10 times then place all items in the bag, now every single item is treated as a seperate purchase. Talk about going backwards.?

I was in one of our local groceries a couple of days ago and as I'm walking down the cashier line seeing only three of 10 open a woman calls from the self checkout wickets. "Sir; would you like to let one of these girls cash out your order?" "They get bored standing here doing nothing..." There are two women manning four self checkouts.

As the girl is checking out my order I'm thinking that I wanted to say something to the woman that called me down here, but I don't. She's just doing her job and the decision to take out two regular registers and replace them with four self checkouts came from above. But, boy does it look stupid that you're paying two girls to work where if they were manning normal tills, the process would have been faster and the store owner wouldn't be out the investment in the new technology!

I've said before that the beancounters are running the world and we're not better off for it. Anyway that they can eliminate people from the equation is seen as a positive when it usually ends up being anything but... :frowning: The one thing we do need less of in this world is beancounters!

Same thing at the golf course. The owner is a real cheap SOB. They used to have a BBQ for lunch with a girl making hotdogs, burgers ans sausages on order on the large commercial BBQ that the club owns. Apparently the owner thought that cost too much to run in terms of labour. Now food sales are down without the BBQ so to remedy that the owner decided they needed to put a hotdog roller in the clubhouse. They aren't selling because they aren't as good as they BBQ product and there's waste too due to having to have hotdogs on the machine at all times so that they are ready. It doesn't help that rounds are way down because of weather while operating costs are way up due to manpower and fuel to cut grass continuously. Rumour has it that the place might be going up for sale! :open_mouth:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

...And in other news, the Toronto Raptors have won the NBA championship! :joy:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> ...And in other news, the Toronto Raptors have won the NBA championship! :joy:

Well done the Raptors. However this is one sport that does nothing for me, like watching grass grow. Never understood the massive amounts of money these players are paid, makes no sense.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Checking in. I've been trying to stay away from the computer, as much as possible. Wishing all the birthday boys and girls the best, and also the Happy Anniversaries.

Reasy, caregiving is probably the most underrated situation imaginable. Most people that have not undertaken the task give it no importance. Years ago, on telling a friend of my caregiving woes, he replied, That's nothing." Sometimes, it's better to live a distance away, and just place the loved one in a facility, than to spend years chained to the affected parent. I only placed my mother in a nursing home; my Dad passed away, after 7 years of constant doctor visits, and caregiving. He was relatively healthy, but once in the medical system, it was something every week, tests, various doctor visits, countless hours waiting in offices, ER's, etc. Aunt MIldred fell, breaking her shoulder, and admittance to the skilled nursing was mandatory. Both Aunt and Mom died in less than two months in a nursing home. Neither had demantia, and knew they drew a life sentence.

MIL had dementia, and lived three years in skilled nursing. She required years of care before that, which the missus provided as, "the only child of seven.

Tough situations, all. Wishing you and everyone else in similar situations the best.

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > A sign of the times, we have a store that has most things in the food line etc, but we do not use them often as they are too expensive. They have self service checkouts, there have been so many thefts going through there they have now instituted a new system. The old one put a bag on the out side scan first item, one second later scan next and so on as fast as you wanted. Now, scan item after confirming you are using a bag, put item in bag and it is weighed confirming the weight coincides with the bar code, this can take up to 7 seconds, scan second item, place in bag, it is weighed to confirm it coincides with the bar code, and so on. So now it can take up to 10/15 times longer as if I purchased say 10 of the same item, I used to scan the same piece 10 times then place all items in the bag, now every single item is treated as a seperate purchase. Talk about going backwards.?

>

> I was in one of our local groceries a couple of days ago and as I'm walking down the cashier line seeing only three of 10 open a woman calls from the self checkout wickets. "Sir; would you like to let one of these girls cash out your order?" "They get bored standing here doing nothing..." There are two women manning four self checkouts.

>

> As the girl is checking out my order I'm thinking that I wanted to say something to the woman that called me down here, but I don't. She's just doing her job and the decision to take out two regular registers and replace them with four self checkouts came from above. But, boy does it look stupid that you're paying two girls to work where if they were manning normal tills, the process would have been faster and the store owner wouldn't be out the investment in the new technology!

>

> I've said before that the beancounters are running the world and we're not better off for it. Anyway that they can eliminate people from the equation is seen as a positive when it usually ends up being anything but... :frowning: The one thing we do need less of in this world is beancounters!

>

> Same thing at the golf course. The owner is a real cheap SOB. They used to have a BBQ for lunch with a girl making hotdogs, burgers ans sausages on order on the large commercial BBQ that the club owns. Apparently the owner thought that cost too much to run in terms of labour. Now food sales are down without the BBQ so to remedy that the owner decided they needed to put a hotdog roller in the clubhouse. They aren't selling because they aren't as good as they BBQ product and there's waste too due to having to have hotdogs on the machine at all times so that they are ready. It doesn't help that rounds are way down because of weather while operating costs are way up due to manpower and fuel to cut grass continuously. Rumour has it that the place might be going up for sale! :open_mouth:

Situations like the self checks make no sense. I won't use them. In a Walmart a couple years ago, I unknowingly entered the self check area. On standing there, the checkout girl tells me she cannot help me. She's there to eyeball possible theft. What good is that? I go to a regular checkout.

My course is hanging on by a thread. They did the hot dog roller, too. Now, it's like Seinfeld, ancient hot dogs waiting to be thrown out.

My Dodge neighbor has been getting the Dodge in tip top running condition, just put around $1,400 in repairs. Yesterday, I drive it around the block, like a new car. My neighbor asks me to take a ride with him. We get on the four lane, and he guns it. He's going over 85 mph, passing everthing in sight, before I scream at him to slow down. Nuts. A 48 year old with a wife and four school age daughters, acting like a complete a--hole. I give him a piece of my mind; he kinda laughs, but sees I'm very upset. Tells me, he won't do it again, at least with me in the car.

Why do people act like that? I'm still burned up about it.

• Like 2

> @Wriggles said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > > A sign of the times, we have a store that has most things in the food line etc, but we do not use them often as they are too expensive. They have self service checkouts, there have been so many thefts going through there they have now instituted a new system. The old one put a bag on the out side scan first item, one second later scan next and so on as fast as you wanted. Now, scan item after confirming you are using a bag, put item in bag and it is weighed confirming the weight coincides with the bar code, this can take up to 7 seconds, scan second item, place in bag, it is weighed to confirm it coincides with the bar code, and so on. So now it can take up to 10/15 times longer as if I purchased say 10 of the same item, I used to scan the same piece 10 times then place all items in the bag, now every single item is treated as a seperate purchase. Talk about going backwards.?

> >

> > I was in one of our local groceries a couple of days ago and as I'm walking down the cashier line seeing only three of 10 open a woman calls from the self checkout wickets. "Sir; would you like to let one of these girls cash out your order?" "They get bored standing here doing nothing..." There are two women manning four self checkouts.

> >

> > As the girl is checking out my order I'm thinking that I wanted to say something to the woman that called me down here, but I don't. She's just doing her job and the decision to take out two regular registers and replace them with four self checkouts came from above. But, boy does it look stupid that you're paying two girls to work where if they were manning normal tills, the process would have been faster and the store owner wouldn't be out the investment in the new technology!

> >

> > I've said before that the beancounters are running the world and we're not better off for it. Anyway that they can eliminate people from the equation is seen as a positive when it usually ends up being anything but... :frowning: The one thing we do need less of in this world is beancounters!

> >

> > Same thing at the golf course. The owner is a real cheap SOB. They used to have a BBQ for lunch with a girl making hotdogs, burgers ans sausages on order on the large commercial BBQ that the club owns. Apparently the owner thought that cost too much to run in terms of labour. Now food sales are down without the BBQ so to remedy that the owner decided they needed to put a hotdog roller in the clubhouse. They aren't selling because they aren't as good as they BBQ product and there's waste too due to having to have hotdogs on the machine at all times so that they are ready. It doesn't help that rounds are way down because of weather while operating costs are way up due to manpower and fuel to cut grass continuously. Rumour has it that the place might be going up for sale! :open_mouth:

>

> Situations like the self checks make no sense. I won't use them. In a Walmart a couple years ago, I unknowingly entered the self check area. On standing there, the checkout girl tells me she cannot help me. She's there to eyeball possible theft. What good is that? I go to a regular checkout.

> My course is hanging on by a thread. They did the hot dog roller, too. Now, it's like Seinfeld, ancient hot dogs waiting to be thrown out.

> My Dodge neighbor has been getting the Dodge in tip top running condition, just put around $1,400 in repairs. Yesterday, I drive it around the block, like a new car. My neighbor asks me to take a ride with him. We get on the four lane, and he guns it. He's going over 85 mph, passing everthing in sight, before I scream at him to slow down. Nuts. A 48 year old with a wife and four school age daughters, acting like a complete a--hole. I give him a piece of my mind; he kinda laughs, but sees I'm very upset. Tells me, he won't do it again, at least with me in the car.

> Why do people act like that? I'm still burned up about it.

>

>

>

It’s the I am invincible gene, those that have it will always act irresponsible. Had friends of a similar nature and stopped going out with them in their cars. An accident waiting to happen.

There seems to be two types of golf club committees, those who know how to do it and make it work and those who know how to do it wrong. We had a committee several years ago that almost bankrupt a very successful club, many members, over 100 left in one week over their actions. Thankfully we managed to get rid of them and it is still building back up after around 7 years. Still not the same numbers but getting there.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)