2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Back to normal or at least as normal as can be expected. Based on commentary in the above mentioned thread it sounds as though a contractor was hired to implement the new software change. Obviously that hasn't gone nearly as well as planned. Don't think that we can totally blame management on that one, but they are at the mercy of those who are looking after this upgrade(?). That said, I cannot recall any other software upgrade that I have experienced that has gone as poorly as this one has or taken as long with so little in the way of benefit.

As a precaution I have decided to register at the rival site -- MGS -- under the same username with the same avatar, so I should be easy enough to find there if things continue to go south here. It wouldn't take much to migrate our entire little group and topic to another place if that became necessary. It's sad that it has come to this...

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Back to normal or at least as normal as can be expected. Based on commentary in the above mentioned thread it sounds as though a contractor was hired to implement the new software change. Obviously that hasn't gone nearly as well as planned. Don't think that we can totally blame management on that one, but they are at the mercy of those who are looking after this upgrade(?). That said, I cannot recall any other software upgrade that I have experienced that has gone as poorly as this one has or taken as long with so little in the way of benefit.

>

> As a precaution I have decided to register at the rival site -- **** -- under the same username with the same avatar, so I should be easy enough to find there if things continue to go south here. It wouldn't take much to migrate our entire little group and topic to another place if that became necessary. It's sad that it has come to this...

The new site is obviously a dirty word as it has been stopped, I tried to post several times yesterday and nothing worked. There is no excuse for what is happening as the standard procedure with any software update is check and check again. The company my son works for will not allow updates to be implemented until it has gone through a strict procedure where the top programmers have to sign off after a rigorous inspection to ensure it will integrate. As you rightly say Sco, it looks as if it is all falling apart which is not good as our little group is also disintegrating.

You can blame management as they should by now running a large site for many years, be well aware of the possible dangers of software updates, contractors have no loyalty so if there is a problem it does not really affect them, they are going to get other work anyway as it is costly to keep your own IT team and there are not enough contracting companies to supply the demand.

Good to hear your golf game went well, going to play myself this Friday, first game in months, as I said before if I go as well as yourself and Sixty I will be really satisfied. Anyway getting out again will be good no matter what the score.

Don’t think many will see this but here is my latest painting, finished yesterday, took a little while on this one.

7g13aat1dey6.jpeg

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @scomac2002 said:

> Back to normal or at least as normal as can be expected. Based on commentary in the above mentioned thread it sounds as though a contractor was hired to implement the new software change. Obviously that hasn't gone nearly as well as planned. Don't think that we can totally blame management on that one, but they are at the mercy of those who are looking after this upgrade(?). That said, I cannot recall any other software upgrade that I have experienced that has gone as poorly as this one has or taken as long with so little in the way of benefit.

>

> As a precaution I have decided to register at the rival site -- **** -- under the same username with the same avatar, so I should be easy enough to find there if things continue to go south here. It wouldn't take much to migrate our entire little group and topic to another place if that became necessary. It's sad that it has come to this...

PM sent Deejaid and myself are over there same names same avatar---- In fact I was there before I was here

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Haven't left...just time consumed caring for my better 2/3 rds !

i have not had any problem other than the sentences and length of the being

jumbled up. other than that,it has worked fine here...course my posting has almost stopped the last month

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> After a long ,cold winter,summer has arrived early. Get out and enjoy the world Grillers !

> Even if its only as far as Rad & Cobi's pool ! We are grilling steaks tonight...the light of my life is now on her 2nd week of solid food and has been ok'd for a couple bites of red meat ! Wishing

> all of you guys a fun,happy,reflective Holiday.

Good to hear Bill. All the best to her as she gets stronger! Some nice Summer weather up here too. Hope those in the storm zones can stay safe. Awful to see the pics of the destruction and flooding.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Sorry for sorta jumping in here this AM. I have had a lot going around the house with the wife retiring last month. I have sorta semi retired. I had them cut back my hours to 45 a week or I was going to quit. I had gotten where golf was not as much fun anymore. Rushing on Saturday too make a tee time etc. I sorta laid back and worked on the house some and really got into doing it. Finally set a golf goal for myself. To break 100 on a 8100 course here using persimmon ,blades and a balata ball. I detailed it over in the Classics forum. Played my home course Saturday afternoon with the persimmon and blades from the tips at around 7000. Shot 82 playing the ball down and balata to boot. Had a blast hitting the persimmon. So I am still around just not as much.

82 from 7000 with that equipment? Very good score there Stu! That's prolly a 68 on my course with your everyday clubs.

Congrats to Mrs. Stu on her retirement. Lots of us in this gang are soon to be living the easy life. :)

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @billh17 said:

> Haven't left...just time consumed caring for my better 2/3 rds !

> i have not had any problem other than the sentences and length of the being

> jumbled up. other than that,it has worked fine here...course my posting has almost stopped the last month

You mean better 3/4rs

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @billh17 said:

> After a long ,cold winter,summer has arrived early. Get out and enjoy the world Grillers !

> Even if its only as far as Rad & Cobi's pool ! We are grilling steaks tonight...the light of my life is now on her 2nd week of solid food and has been ok'd for a couple bites of red meat ! Wishing

> all of you guys a fun,happy,reflective Holiday.

Good for you billh, looks as if she is properly on the mend. It’s always a worry when loved ones are not well.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scomac2002 said:

Yeah, I would hate to think we'd have to do that sco, of course if we ever moved anywhere else, we would have to start as a food truck I think... :D

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> I couldn't even reply until now. There was no way to create a post. Weird.

> Supposed to be a new look come June............we'll see, I guess. I'm not going

> to the Sand Trap. I've been here almost 11 years, I'll see it through.

We're not at the sand trap. Can't name the other site as it's censored out of the posts. I'm not sure what bothers me more, the on-going issues here or the fact that they seem to be more concerned with protecting their brand than actually having a functioning site! :angry:

That said, I don't expect I'm going to be overly active anywhere between travel and the upcoming move. DW said to me last night that she didn't expect that she would play golf at all this summer as she had other priorities for her days off. I'll probably do well to get a couple of games a month in until we're moved and settled which will likely take us through to September. Still, that'll be more than last year! :smile:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I played much better last night in the league, shot a 45. Wedge game and putting came around after practicing for a week. Driver deserted me though, it's the most reliable part of my game lately. Funny how golf works. Oh well, it's good to be back in the neighborhood of where I know I can play. So that's 5 matches in a row winning now, I feel pretty good about that for a retired old guy playing younger peeps...

• Like 2

> @tolmij said:

>

> Don’t think many will see this but here is my latest painting, finished yesterday, took a little while on this one.

>

>

> 7g13aat1dey6.jpeg

>

I really like this painting, tol. It's almost as if the textures come to life with the softness of the fur on the mice versus the plump juicy ripeness of the berries. You have a real gift when it comes to depicting living things. :heart:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > Back to normal or at least as normal as can be expected. Based on commentary in the above mentioned thread it sounds as though a contractor was hired to implement the new software change. Obviously that hasn't gone nearly as well as planned. Don't think that we can totally blame management on that one, but they are at the mercy of those who are looking after this upgrade(?). That said, I cannot recall any other software upgrade that I have experienced that has gone as poorly as this one has or taken as long with so little in the way of benefit.

> >

> > As a precaution I have decided to register at the rival site -- **** -- under the same username with the same avatar, so I should be easy enough to find there if things continue to go south here. It wouldn't take much to migrate our entire little group and topic to another place if that became necessary. It's sad that it has come to this...

>

> The new site is obviously a dirty word as it has been stopped, I tried to post several times yesterday and nothing worked. There is no excuse for what is happening as the standard procedure with any software update is check and check again. The company my son works for will not allow updates to be implemented until it has gone through a strict procedure where the top programmers have to sign off after a rigorous inspection to ensure it will integrate. As you rightly say Sco, it looks as if it is all falling apart which is not good as our little group is also disintegrating.

>

> You can blame management as they should by now running a large site for many years, be well aware of the possible dangers of software updates, contractors have no loyalty so if there is a problem it does not really affect them, they are going to get other work anyway as it is costly to keep your own IT team and there are not enough contracting companies to supply the demand.

>

> Good to hear your golf game went well, going to play myself this Friday, first game in months, as I said before if I go as well as yourself and Sixty I will be really satisfied. Anyway getting out again will be good no matter what the score.

>

> Don’t think many will see this but here is my latest painting, finished yesterday, took a little while on this one.

>

>

> 7g13aat1dey6.jpeg

>

Excellent painting tol, I can taste those berries too, however I think I'd pick a different stem since these little furry guys are completely indulged in their berry treasure. One oblivious to his surroundings and munching away in delight, the other, drunk with berry juice and ready to fall off the plant in complete mirth...

• Like 2

Sco Sixty, thanks for your kind comments. I love painting animals, flowers, fruit etc as it is something I can relate to. I come completely engrossed in the subject to capture the correct feel for the painting.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > As a precaution I have decided to register at the rival site -- **** -- under the same username with the same avatar, so I should be easy enough to find there if things continue to go south here. It wouldn't take much to migrate our entire little group and topic to another place if that became necessary. It's sad that it has come to this...

> Yeah, I would hate to think we'd have to do that sco, of course if we ever moved anywhere else, we would have to start as a food truck I think... :D

>

>

Either a food truck or a pop-up bistro! Do you think that Gus, Cyndy and Tammy would be up to that? I think I can envision them more in the food truck. We could even call it the Tewar Vann... :wink:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @SixtySomePing said:

> I played much better last night in the league, shot a 45. Wedge game and putting came around after practicing for a week. Driver deserted me though, it's the most reliable part of my game lately. Funny how golf works. Oh well, it's good to be back in the neighborhood of where I know I can play. So that's 5 matches in a row winning now, I feel pretty good about that for a retired old guy playing younger peeps...

Sounds to me like your kicking a** and taking names! :tongue:

Now I've got something to shoot for!

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Considering it's a dull and drippy day with nothing better to do (or more appropriately no ambition), it was a good day for some club work.

I mentioned back in the winter that I was going full hacker and had picked up a Cleveland C wedge (also know as the dreaded chipper). It has sit in the box with the wrapper still on it as I really didn't want to have to resort to using such a cheater. Today my resolve weakened or more to the point my golf has been so poor around the green that I need a cheater to help with posting an acceptable score. The only problem with this club is that it comes at 34" stock length which just isn't going to cut it with my back.

Not to worry though as I had an extension leftover from the putter build, an extra grip and I even had a Tour Loc to counterbalance the shaft so the swing weight wouldn't end up E6!

First problem is that my extension was for a .580" shaft and the stock shaft in the chipper was .600". Not to worry, rather than cut down the extension I would use the entire 3 1/2" and cut down the club shaft by 2" in order to get a snug fit inside the first step-down. Worked like a charm!

As I'm waiting for the epoxy to dry I begin playing around with the grip and trying to figure out how to install the counterweight. I could put it in the end of the shaft and then struggle to fit the grip over it. Ideally you have a hole saw that cuts a countersunk hole in the end of the grip. I don't own such a beast so I look for something to fashion one out of.

Turns out that using a pipe cutter to cut down golf shafts rather than a hack saw will leave you with pretty sharp edges on the shaft. I use a step-down tee in the grip end as a guide and then proceed to take the waste bit of shaft and twist it back and forth until it cuts a perfect hole in the end cap of the grip! Job two done and by now the epoxy is set so I can install the grip.

Finished product playing at 36" versus the stock 34".

3jibqa4bqea3.jpg

Red neck engineering at it's finest as I didn't have the right extension or the right tool, but found a way to work with what I had on hand. Now all I have to do is hide the cheater stick until I have to actually use it on the course... :wink:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> Considering it's a dull and drippy day with nothing better to do (or more appropriately no ambition), it was a good day for some club work.

>

> I mentioned back in the winter that I was going full hacker and had picked up a Cleveland C wedge (also know as the dreaded chipper). It has sit in the box with the wrapper still on it as I really didn't want to have to resort to using such a cheater. Today my resolve weakened or more to the point my golf has been so poor around the green that I need a cheater to help with posting an acceptable score. The only problem with this club is that it comes at 34" stock length which just isn't going to cut it with my back.

>

> Not to worry though as I had an extension leftover from the putter build, an extra grip and I even had a Tour Loc to counterbalance the shaft so the swing weight wouldn't end up E6!

>

> First problem is that my extension was for a .580" shaft and the stock shaft in the chipper was .600". Not to worry, rather than cut down the extension I would use the entire 3 1/2" and cut down the club shaft by 2" in order to get a snug fit inside the first step-down. Worked like a charm!

>

> As I'm waiting for the epoxy to dry I begin playing around with the grip and trying to figure out how to install the counterweight. I could put it in the end of the shaft and then struggle to fit the grip over it. Ideally you have a hole saw that cuts a countersunk hole in the end of the grip. I don't own such a beast so I look for something to fashion one out of.

>

> Turns out that using a pipe cutter to cut down golf shafts rather than a hack saw will leave you with pretty sharp edges on the shaft. I use a step-down tee in the grip end as a guide and then proceed to take the waste bit of shaft and twist it back and forth until it cuts a perfect hole in the end cap of the grip! Job two done and by now the epoxy is set so I can install the grip.

>

> Finished product playing at 36" versus the stock 34".

> 3jibqa4bqea3.jpg

> Red neck engineering at it's finest as I didn't have the right extension or the right tool, but found a way to work with what I had on hand. Now all I have to do is hide the cheater stick until I have to actually use it on the course... :wink:

>

Like the redneck engineering bit. I used to use a 3/8 drill bit when we were installing round regular grips two piece on ski pole putters. Used to lock the grip in a vice and drill the end cap out. LOL also on the side I used to do some wicked leather grip wraps on gear shifters on hot rods and trucks by cutting the cap off using grip tape with solvent and sliding them on. But the redneck way use what you have on hand well done

• Like 1

> @scotee said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > Sorry for sorta jumping in here this AM. I have had a lot going around the house with the wife retiring last month. I have sorta semi retired. I had them cut back my hours to 45 a week or I was going to quit. I had gotten where golf was not as much fun anymore. Rushing on Saturday too make a tee time etc. I sorta laid back and worked on the house some and really got into doing it. Finally set a golf goal for myself. To break 100 on a 8100 course here using persimmon ,blades and a balata ball. I detailed it over in the Classics forum. Played my home course Saturday afternoon with the persimmon and blades from the tips at around 7000. Shot 82 playing the ball down and balata to boot. Had a blast hitting the persimmon. So I am still around just not as much.

>

> 82 from 7000 with that equipment? Very good score there Stu! That's prolly a 68 on my course with your everyday clubs.

> Congrats to Mrs. Stu on her retirement. Lots of us in this gang are soon to be living the easy life. :)

>

>

Well it is so hot and dry here so I got a little roll out with the persimmon. Was actually hitting a pretty little controlled draw with them. Hit my standard baby fade with the irons. Was playing the persimmon a little back in my stance and hitting those quail high stingers. For some reason if I play persimmon up in my stance I hit it higher than I do a modern metal. I know back in the day I hit persimmon high. Really did not have any greens to putt on our greens are burned slap up due to heat and no rain. Our actual temps this week have been in the 100s for 5 straight days. That is actual temps not heat index---- Basically I played my everyday irons the old Mac VIP blades-- I have went back to them along with my beloved 588 wedges. was sorta cheating vintage wise in some folks eyes used my 1997 Scotty Santa Fe putter. But had a lot of fun

• Like 2

So I got er done! Tired and retired. A lot of hugs and a few tears. I saw two of the grandkids as some of my last patients. I will keep my license up for now so I can work on family if they want. I'm open for suggestions. What's next?

4vkit78xm7d4.png

4lt36dx4b4yn.png

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @SixtySomePing said:

> I played much better last night in the league, shot a 45. Wedge game and putting came around after practicing for a week. Driver deserted me though, it's the most reliable part of my game lately. Funny how golf works. Oh well, it's good to be back in the neighborhood of where I know I can play. So that's 5 matches in a row winning now, I feel pretty good about that for a retired old guy playing younger peeps...

Playing in the morning, Friday, hope I can actually get the ball off the ground. Not to worry though as DW will be with me to act as a cheer squad. Did I say cheer, I really meant jeer.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > Sorry for sorta jumping in here this AM. I have had a lot going around the house with the wife retiring last month. I have sorta semi retired. I had them cut back my hours to 45 a week or I was going to quit. I had gotten where golf was not as much fun anymore. Rushing on Saturday too make a tee time etc. I sorta laid back and worked on the house some and really got into doing it. Finally set a golf goal for myself. To break 100 on a 8100 course here using persimmon ,blades and a balata ball. I detailed it over in the Classics forum. Played my home course Saturday afternoon with the persimmon and blades from the tips at around 7000. Shot 82 playing the ball down and balata to boot. Had a blast hitting the persimmon. So I am still around just not as much.

> >

> > 82 from 7000 with that equipment? Very good score there Stu! That's prolly a 68 on my course with your everyday clubs.

> > Congrats to Mrs. Stu on her retirement. Lots of us in this gang are soon to be living the easy life. :)

> >

> >

>

> Well it is so hot and dry here so I got a little roll out with the persimmon. Was actually hitting a pretty little controlled draw with them. Hit my standard baby fade with the irons. Was playing the persimmon a little back in my stance and hitting those quail high stingers. For some reason if I play persimmon up in my stance I hit it higher than I do a modern metal. I know back in the day I hit persimmon high. Really did not have any greens to putt on our greens are burned slap up due to heat and no rain. Our actual temps this week have been in the 100s for 5 straight days. That is actual temps not heat index---- Basically I played my everyday irons the old Mac VIP blades-- I have went back to them along with my beloved 588 wedges. was sorta cheating vintage wise in some folks eyes used my 1997 Scotty Santa Fe putter. But had a lot of fun

Redneck engineering is always the best, the results always work well because more thought goes into it. Can’t remember the number of times I have worked in an engineering company and the so called experts stuffed up an easy job.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> So I got er done! Tired and retired. A lot of hugs and a few tears. I saw two of the grandkids as some of my last patients. I will keep my license up for now so I can work on family if they want. I'm open for suggestions. What's next?

>

> 4vkit78xm7d4.png

>

> 4lt36dx4b4yn.png

>

Great stuff @scotee ! Love to see the grandkid pics! What better way to put a cap on the career? :heart:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > I played much better last night in the league, shot a 45. Wedge game and putting came around after practicing for a week. Driver deserted me though, it's the most reliable part of my game lately. Funny how golf works. Oh well, it's good to be back in the neighborhood of where I know I can play. So that's 5 matches in a row winning now, I feel pretty good about that for a retired old guy playing younger peeps...

>

> Playing in the morning, Friday, hope I can actually get the ball off the ground. Not to worry though as DW will be with me to act as a cheer squad. Did I say cheer, I really meant jeer.

No worries mate. I know that your DW will be offerring you anything but jeers. She'll always be in your corner! Fairways and greens my friend!

• Like 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scotee said:

> So I got er done! Tired and retired. A lot of hugs and a few tears. I saw two of the grandkids as some of my last patients. I will keep my license up for now so I can work on family if they want. I'm open for suggestions. What's next?

>

> 4vkit78xm7d4.png

>

> 4lt36dx4b4yn.png

>

Great way to retire, congrats. Wonderful pics of smiling grandkids.

• Like 2

My DW's birthday today, our youngest and family are up from Tennessee until Monday, our oldest grandson from our oldest daughter here in town graduates Saturday so we all have a party campfire style that night, then he joined the army so he will be going in this summer. Lots of events taking place here. I will sacrifice watching the Memorial this year on tv, the least I could do, hahaha, but I'm picking Fowler. I'm usually only good at picking major winners, so we'll see how well I do...

• Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)