2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

312KKYRKCDGA.jpgAll set to go to the practice green with 3 dozen balls and the scoring clubs. ?️‍♂️?

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Filling a drinking glass with cold water fron the fridge tap this afternoon around 5pm and suddenly it stopped, tried a few times to no avail so I went to the cupboard for a new filter which can clog. Before I could fit it, DW who was in the bathroom came out and asked what I had done with the water, nothing working. My brain kicked in? so I went outside to check our water meter and there was a spout of water reasonably high into the stratosphere ?where the main pipe joined our meter it had broken. Phoned council emergency, ? not their job, phoned water company,? we were put at the front of the queue, men ? arrived in 15 mins, repair made in 15 mins problem solved. From first noticing the problem until they left it was not quite 45 mins, excellent job, performed by pleasant polite people. The good news the repair is free, if it was the property side of the meter we would have been billed, as it was on their side, no charge.?

tomorrow I will be contacting the water company to thank all those involved as it could not have been done any quicker or smoother. ??

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

@tolmij , I wouldn't expect anything like that to be addressed in anything short of a day in these parts. I guess one of the advantages of living in a sub tropical climate; the waterlines aren't buried three feet deep (or more) underground to avoid frost.
Our water meter is actually in the basement of the house in our cold cellar. There's a wireless terminal for the water company to read the meter with a handheld device on the side of the house. The realities of living in a northern climate.
  • Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I gotta admire the quick response from your water company. To be honest,where I live,

i would have had to go to the water valve and shut it off myself, then i would have spent a whole day

TRYING to get the water company on the line,and after that i would have been told it would be at least

three days before they could get to it. This part of Ohio has the worst utility system ,and the worst

county law enforcement in the whole state. And i wont even start to discuss the internet provider.....lol

Compliments to your people on a job well done !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Gave my water company a call this morning to thank them for the excellent service, they did seem surprised but this is something I will always do. If the service is bad they get to know, if the service is good they also get to know. Only fair it goes both ways. ???

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Two bush fire points.

around 70 American fire fighters arrived in Australia today to help, much needed and received a standing ovation at the airport.

two large fires have now joined and cover a total of one million acres, five times the size of the capital city.

Australia thanks all that are helping no matter how small the contribution

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Food looks great Scotster. I'm always ready to eat Mexican food.

Had the inside of my nose "remodeled" on Wednesday. It's a new procedure invented by a company called Aerin Medical.

In a nutshell they use a radio wave emitting wand to shrink tissue inside the nose to open up the airways more. No incisions

are made so the recovery is faster. I've had these inherited sinus and nose problems..........sinus problems fixed last year and

now, with this new procedure, the nose fixed.

Well, they told me I could play golf the next day so I did, lol, with the inside of my nose so swollen I could not breathe through

it................and we had a 2-3 club wind blowing............but the temp got up into the mid 60s so it wasn't unpleasant, just a tough

day for me; though the wind affected everyone's game.

On another front my 20+ year old Yamaha digital piano (Clavinova CLP840).......................well, the keyboard has been getting

very noisy and I figured it was time to replace the piano. A new comparable one runs $4500 on sale so I looked online to

see if anyone was doing any refurbing on their own...........and yes they are. Seems all I need to do to restore a quiet key

action is replace the felts.

I contacted Yamaha and ordered the correct felts for my piano, which are on back order, so who knows when I'll receive

them. They said I should have them in 2-3 weeks. Anyway, I've watched some youtube videos others have put up on

replacing the felts..............seems not too hard to do on my own. Felts total price $56.27 compared to $4500 for a new

digital piano? I'll try the felts first.............though, admittedly, the new digital pianos are better and more tech advanced

than mine.................but mine still sounds really good...........the piano sound that is, and not the thuds of the keys hitting

the worn out upper and lower felts.

Gotta love youtube. Anything you want to do...........someone has put up a video showing how. Often, many videos

are available to watch.

• Like 1

Way back in 2000, i built a deck,and i used the internet to get ideas on what to do.

I had never built anything like that before. It started out as a 10 x 12 off the patio

doors. Ended up out to 15',and then wrapped around the corner and down to the back door..

A rather simple idea that completely got away from me...It has been there for twenty two years

now, so guess i succeeded !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Interesting Rad. We just delivered a Clavinova to my daughter in Portland that my Mom wanted her to have. It fit nicely in the back of the Subaru Outback. We set it up for her and I see that the middle G key does not come all the way up and clicks. Good to know it is probably an easy fix. It is old but still sounds great.

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

I think that's called mission creep, lol.

Reminds me of when, with my ex, we bought a new house in NoCal in 1986. All the couples buying and moving in

were of similar age and with young kids. The kids got acquainted first and then brought the adults along for the

ride. Was good times, lots of BBQs together, etc.

We all decided we wanted redwood decks in our back yards so 4 of us, who were willing, went to each other's house

and built a redwood deck, with the homeowner paying for the supplies to do their house. Was pretty cool how that

all worked out. Unfortunately, for us at the time, not so, the next year I was transferred to Phoenix and we sold our house

and bought another in the Phoenix area (Mesa, to be exact) and moved away. We kept in touch with those ex

neighbors for many years but eventually the contacts became fewer and fewer until they stopped at some point.

• Like 1

If you need any parts, Yamaha24X7.com is the place. I hope your daughter enjoys the Clavinova. What sold me initially on one was

the great sound, action....................and never having to get it tuned! Can't imagine what a piano tuning costs these days, probably a

couple C notes. And paying that 2 to 3 times a year, depending on how much the piano gets played. Ouch. I paid $60 to get my

last acoustic piano tuned in the 80s.

• Like 1

Sixty, I hope you're doing OK. I know you said you were laying low but Gus and the girls need to tell us

what's new on the menu this year. When Tammy told Cyndy she was frying air Cyndy was worried what

fried air might taste like. When Tammy tried to explain that fried air wasn't on the menu Cyndy was relieved

because she didn't know if she should serve it with a fork or a spoon. But Tammy said it wouldn't matter,

just give them a spork cause they wouldn't know the difference between boiled air, which is eaten with a

spoon, and fried air, which is eaten with a fork.

• Like 1

Glad for you on your "nose job" I am very familiar with the Yamaha Clavinova we have one at the church I am now at--- Did not know beans about them and I Googled it---- Nice instrument.

Disclaimer ---- Just because I know the info and mechanics of the instrument does not mean I can play it. I do have a dedicated channel to it on the sound board and have it dialed in.

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

WRX liked my previous post that much they re posted it and will not let me delete it, by the way does anyone know how to delete on here

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Conrad, sounds like something I should have, had blocked sinus for ages, goes sometimes for hours but always comes back worse. Bet you will look good with the new nose job, DW will be watching you carefully.

Always been involved with alterations and additions in every house we have had. Thought this one would be different but son decided he did not like his bedroom wardrobes so we pulled them out and did a refit, looks much better. The house before this one, we redesigned the kitchen, son designed it using an AP, I did the working drawings, built and installed it. Custom design with everything we needed in the correct place to suit the needs of DW, looked fantastic when finished, took nearly six months from start to finish.

We started 44 years ago with out first cottage in Cornwall, ripped out everything to the bare walls and totally rebuilt. Took us five years but it was worth it as we sold that house to move to Australia for 400% the purchase price. We did everything from digging up the floors to relag sewer pipes that were leaking to installing a fireplace, all electrical, plumbing, carpentry etc. the fireplace we built from the floor of a bakery that closed down, it was good quality slate, this was the hearth stone and shelf and the body was built from Cornish granite blocks we found and dug up in our back garden. Our biggest regret is we never took one photograph over the five years, don’t know why but we never thought about it, don’t intend moving again so that part of my life is finishes, I hope.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I've never been all that handy. Haven't attempted anything in home renovations on my own for many years since a friend and I built my deck. It was solid enough just not very professional looking as neither of us had the finish skills. This friend built his own house from scratch. I helped some until I made some major gaffs the day that roof trusses were being laid. I think it really hurt when he told me in no uncertain terms how much trouble it was for him to fix. I wasn't invited back to help. I remember thinking that he was nuts trying to build this on his own as it was a big showy place with plenty of pitches to the roof. Not the sort of project to take on for a first go, but he just kept insisting how much money he was saving. I kept thinking when I saw the house over the years that it showed just how much money he saved. I would have opted for something more modest and paid to have it built by professionals which is exactly what we've done ever since.

I restrict myself to basic repairs and install work, nothing fancy. I can wield a paint brush, but I'm not sure that's worth it either when I compare my results to the work of pros. I'm not sloppy and I can cut a straight line, but they get a better finish. Maybe it's the quality of their equipment or just their technique. My best attribute when doing this sort of work is to write cheques. It may seem odd in comparison that I do my own club work or fix my own bikes, but that's just how it goes. Never really thought I got my money's worth in those areas from others for the most part (but not always).

It's funny but because I was a farmer there is this expectation that I should be a gardener as well. Nothing could be further from the truth. I appreciate a nice landscape and I can maintain it as long as it's not too extensive and demanding, but I don't have the knack for the fussy fahrty nature of growing flowering plants. Yes, I know that all plants flower one way or another, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the showy ones that require all sorts of upkeep -- roses, irises, etc. My landscaper even pointed that out. You're a farmer not a gardener; grass and shrubs and hardscapes are what you are best suited to. He's right, so that's what we've got now instead of the other nonsense. Besides, that gives me more time to play golf and I haven't been doing a lot of that the past couple of years.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Gardening is not one of my best attributes, I can dig a ditch with the best of them but that’s it. I always do the spade work and leave the fancy stuff to DW.

finish on any painting on walls is dependant on how much you spend on the brush, never buy cut price, always best quality.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

An update from here in the Niagara Peninsula: We had the mother of all winter storms yesterday, brewed up by a Colorado low. Usually that means a lot of snow, but with our current version of non winter, winter, we got 2 months worth of rain in about 24 hours. 70 mm to be precise.

To top it all off, #1 son and DIL moved yesterday. Nice! ?? Undetered the job got done even if it meant a thorough washing of everything and everyone. It didn't help that there was a plugged gutter right at the front door! Extra nice! ?

DW came along mid afternoon with a modern version of the chuck wagon, so that was one less thing for the kids to worry about. Guacamole, chicken chili, corn bread and Anjo chili brownies made the spread along with a bucket of Coronas! Muy Buena!

This morning I thought I'd scope out the neighborhood for signs of damage. Everything looks pretty much intact. There were several babbling Brooks coming down the escarpment though.

GS0Q3V5NZ9ZF.jpg

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Happy for you that the move went well and possibly the rain was better than two feet of snow?.

we had our first reasonable rain yesterday for three months, garden is suffering as we are also in a water restriction area because of the lack of rain. We can use some water though as we have rain water tanks as well as the mains, but it is not enough to stop the plants and trees from complaining, not lost anything as yet and the forecast is good for the next week.

when we first came to Australia 39 years ago you could guarantee the rain every day, four in the afternoon the heavens would open and it would pour down for around an hour. Over the years that has gradually changed and now there is not even a proper wet season.

heres hoping your son and family enjoy their new house, I know from personal experience sometimes the expectation are not always the reality, sounds as if they have had a good start with the mobile restaurant?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

OK so they did not spoil your good looks, still think it may be a good idea for me as I have had this problem for too long. All I have been offered was a nasal spray which are useless.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Neighbour going camping for ten days starting Wednesday, good bloke, local electrician, always gives us excellent rates. He has a horse that we will be looking after, feeding, watering and knowing DW lots of pats and strokes. I was the farrier in the home but DW always has been a horse fan of the extreme type. Looking forward to ten days of good contact, since we had to give away our horses and donkeys when we moved to our last house we have been devoid of any meaningful contact. They are beautiful animals that love attention, I suppose a little like us Grillers?.

we will be demanding payment in the form of horse **** he says there is plenty so go for it, that is what I will be up to my armpits in for the next several weeks.???

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)