Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

10 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Stupid is as stupid does.  Zero patience for it these days.  (Must be getting crotchety in my years.)  Courses post CPO for a reason.  As golfers, we should respect that.  Often here, it's because the course has become soggy due to rainfall.  And they don't want the turf torn up with careless cart usage.  Get off your lazy a** and walk over to your ball.  Carry an extra club along if you're unsure of which one to use.  Although rarely see that it makes one iota of difference.  If one can see the 100 & 150 markers, should be able to figure out what club to use by extrapolating from that.  

Something I've noticed while out amongst the hoi polloi playing.  The number that require being driven to their ball.  Rather than get out of the cart and walk the 30 yards.  Even though I probably cart more than walk, do like to get out and stretch my legs walking around.  Eschewing a ride in favor of walking up the fairway to the ball.  

AS a walker mostly, I routinely get out and walk when I'm riding, even if it's just walking from my playing partner's ball to my ball.  During our staff tournament I used a cart as a caddy and walked the course.  It was best ball so the rest of them drove to the best ball picking up the others along the way.  I usually would arrive at the ball in play at the same time as they did with all the running about here and there.

• Like 4

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

25 minutes ago, Conrad1953 said:

Around here if the course is wet enough for it to be CPO it's usually wet enough to play lift, clean

and place. If the pros can do it I'm gonna do it too. 

Lift, clean and place is always in effect for us.  Although it's mostly just a swipe on adjacent grass to clean, and a flip back to the general vicinity to place.  Game is difficult enough without trying to hit a ball globbed up with mud.  

• Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I use winter rules on most of the courses we play unless it’s groomed well or zoysia grass.

• Like 4

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

12 hours ago, tolmij said:

Madness at the new In N Out burger joint. Two stores one the wait was 4 hrs, the other 14.5 hours. The first person served at one of them had been waiting from 8,30 pm Tuesday until opening 10am Friday. The mindset of some people leaves me wondering where the human race is heading.🤨

Maybe they should change the name to In N Wait, lol. 

Edited by Sean2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today’s menu at the house is Ham, mashed taters, green beans, and stewed apples.

Worse part I think I got covid and lost some of my taste buds. Everything is off. Sleeping all the time and a tight chest . Nothing to bad . Think my asthma inhaler has helped a lot. Started Thursday night. Test coming back today or tomorrow. 
Seems like I’m in the majority who have little problems. Thank God and may He protect all of you during this time.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Which one of you said:  Once a hoe, always a hoe?  You are so right!  I'm on a real bender of golf paraphernalia buying.  Just had a counter offer accepted for an original Taylormade Pittsburgh Persimmon driver.  I know, I'm incorrigible...🙄

Now that I have two bags fully flushed out, I couldn't resist moving onto the third.  Just a slight adjustment here with my vintage bag to get it fully 1980's compliant.  Wouldn't work with the Callaway Big Bertha woods, so had to go back a little further.  Why not go for the iconic club itself, the brainchild of Gary Adams(?)

The plan is to play it along side either my PB Citation or Spalding Executive laminate fairways.  Will probably include my Ginty as well.  Add in my BeCu Eye 2 clones, Watson BeCu SI and Zing putter and I've got a full 14 club outfit. 

I think that I could quite easily get into a vintage kick again while playing with DW.  Dress up knatty:  Button down shirt, argyle vest and socks, pancake hat, the whole nine yards.  A sort of retro chic BS that fuzes the hickory era with the beginnings of the modern era before the days of titanium, graphite, multi-material, MOI, you name it.  Make Ryan Moore proud! 😆

------------------

I have no illusions about being able to hit this thing particularly well.  Don't even know what flex it is as the shaft band is missing.  (That's what the 3W is for.)  It's all about the look and trying to be period correct.  Could be a fun club to practice with though.

A few years back I posted a pic of a lady that plays at my course.  She plays vintage exclusively.  Her father's clubs to be precise.  I saw her playing earlier in the fall and she would hit that old laminate driver 30 yards past her girlfriends who were all using the latest and greatest tin cans 460 cc drivers!  It was kinda fun to watch. 😎

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

2 minutes ago, scomac2002 said:

Which one of you said:  Once a hoe, always a hoe?  You are so right!  I'm on a real bender of golf paraphernalia buying.  Just had a counter offer accepted for an original Taylormade Pittsburgh Persimmon driver.  I know, I'm incorrigible...🙄

Now that I have two bags fully flushed out, I couldn't resist moving onto the third.  Just a slight adjustment here with my vintage bag to get it fully 1980's compliant.  Wouldn't work with the Callaway Big Bertha woods, so had to go back a little further.  Why not go for the iconic club itself, the brainchild of Gary Adams(?)

The plan is to play it along side either my PB Citation or Spalding Executive laminate fairways.  Will probably include my Ginty as well.  Add in my BeCu Eye 2 clones, Watson BeCu SI and Zing putter and I've got a full 14 club outfit. 

I think that I could quite easily get into a vintage kick again while playing with DW.  Dress up knatty:  Button down shirt, argyle vest and socks, pancake hat, the whole nine yards.  A sort of retro chic BS that fuzes the hickory era with the beginnings of the modern era before the days of titanium, graphite, multi-material, MOI, you name it.  Make Ryan Moore proud! 😆

------------------

I have no illusions about being able to hit this thing particularly well.  Don't even know what flex it is as the shaft band is missing.  (That's what the 3W is for.)  It's all about the look and trying to be period correct.  Could be a fun club to practice with though.

A few years back I posted a pic of a lady that plays at my course.  She plays vintage exclusively.  Her father's clubs to be precise.  I saw her playing earlier in the fall and she would hit that old laminate driver 30 yards past her girlfriends who were all using the latest and greatest tin cans 460 cc drivers!  It was kinda fun to watch. 😎

That may have been my good self. Reading in the Grille over the years the Ho brigade is obvious.

• Like 4

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

1 hour ago, scomac2002 said:

------------------

Those Pittsburgh Perimmon heads look smaller than an actual persimmon.  Run across one occasionally in the thrift bins.  They do look.......interesting.  Nevertheless, worthy endeavor staying period correct.  

Might as well "Ho" ahead and get the matching fairways.  What were they called.....Tour Cleeks and/or Spoons?  The one's with the rails on the soles.  Old school new school.  

Participating in the Old School Ping (OSP) group, see peeps posting up about Ping Zing 2's.  Piquing the curiosity.  Also the ISI Tec drivers that were allegedly illegal COR or something.  HOT drivers from BITD.  Maybe if I stumbled in to one.  Cheap.    

• Like 4

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

24 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Currently asymptomatic.  

Well played😃

• Like 4

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

14 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Those Pittsburgh Perimmon heads look smaller than an actual persimmon.  Run across one occasionally in the thrift bins.  They do look.......interesting.  Nevertheless, worthy endeavor staying period correct.  

Might as well "Ho" ahead and get the matching fairways.  What were they called.....Tour Cleeks and/or Spoons?  The one's with the rails on the soles.  Old school new school.  

Participating in the Old School Ping (OSP) group, see peeps posting up about Ping Zing 2's.  Piquing the curiosity.  Also the ISI Tec drivers that were allegedly illegal COR or something.  HOT drivers from BITD.  Maybe if I stumbled in to one.  Cheap.    

Don't think I can claim anything worthy about this.  Pure impulse buy.  Nothing more, nothing less.  You're correct, they aren't too big and yes the matching fairways are tour cleeks or tour spoons.  Interesting loft progressions of 17°/20°/23°/26° for 3W/4W/5W/6W.  Maybe sometime down the road, but that was not the point of this purchase.  Let's wait and see if I can actually hit the D first.

Kinda actually like those old Executives.  Just needed a period correct D to go along.  I've hit some decent shots with those BITD.  The Ginty is self explanatory and those irons always worked for me once I learned how to play.  I like your description of Old School/New school in terms of the contents of the bag.  Perhaps a bit more playable than going full bore persimmon and blades.  Kinda describes my play choices at this point in life -- easiest does it. 😉

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

15 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

Ok Grillers

I am confused

Guys here spend $600 for drivers and $48 dzn balls yet buy USED pants , shorts and shirts in  the BST ??

What am I missing here- I buy used golf clubs but why would I want used clothes ??

I've bought used golf shorts and shirts. I only buy in pretty much mint condition. Prices are

much lower buying used but I also buy new...............well not any more as I have enough golf

clothes to play a round every day of the year and not wear the same thing twice. I was a

certified golf clothes ho for awhile as many in here know, lol.

BTW, I don't buy $600 drivers and $48 DZ golf balls. 

• Like 4

SLED Gemini

I haven't resorted to picking for clothes yet either.  I do understand the attraction though if you can get something worn once or twice for 25 cents on the dollar (or less).  The thing is that in these parts everybody and their brother are trying to sell stuff they no longer want.  You would think that would make for a buyers market, but it hasn't as asking prices are ridiculous!

If I have worn something in the past couple of years or I'm tired of it I simply donate a garbage bag full of clothes once a year to the local secondhand shop run by the benevolent fund.  Some folks are struggling to get by, especially now.

I don't buy golf specific clothes anymore.  I don't want to look like someone that just got off the course.  I prefer a bit more versatility in my look.

AS for the golf clubs, a lot of what I've bought recently is actually new in plastic, but it's 3 to 6 model years old.  That 5 hybrid was $19 in an auction!  The Odyssey putter was $48.  Getting a matching AW for the irons was a bit trickier and that cost $75, but the used ones on eBay were even more!  AS for balls I paid $35 for 2 doz. and the last modern driver was $170 for a demo.  That said, I've still spent a (small) pile on gear the past two years just trying to get back in the game and now I'm getting silly with nuveaux antiques.  Probably should have bought that new TM cart bag in royal blue and white.  It was a deal from a LGS... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It is not the money- it is the idea of wearing some other dude's clothes

I just bought some Linksoul stuff at their 50% off sale - clothes are cheap in the US since we dont make them anymore...

I dont think I have ever paid more than $25 for any article of golf clothing ( other than shoes)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miamistomp said:

Ok Grillers

I am confused

Guys here spend $600 for drivers and $48 dzn balls yet buy USED pants , shorts and shirts in  the BST ??

What am I missing here- I buy used golf clubs but why would I want used clothes ??

No matter how new the shoes, shorts or shirts are, you cannot hit a ball with them🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

6 minutes ago, miamistomp said:

It is not the money- it is the idea of wearing some other dude's clothes

I just bought some Linksoul stuff at their 50% off sale - clothes are cheap in the US since we dont make them anymore...

I dont think I have ever paid more than $25 for any article of golf clothing ( other than shoes)

We have several different charities running clothes shops, they are always washed and ironed before being sold. Some of the clothes it would be difficult to pick from new as they are fussy what they take. Anything not in good condition is cut up for polishing rags.

• Like 3

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Meh, 90% of what I've bought showed no evidence of ever being worn and many still have tags

attached. I suppose if I bought something off a store rack I could think about who and how many

may have tried it on and whether they had taken a shower that morning. Everything I buy gets

washed anyway before I wear it. 

There are certain styles from previous years that I like much better than the latest golf clothing

being sold....so I would go on eBay where I could find certain shirts or shorts I like much better

than current offerings.

• Like 3

SLED Gemini

19 hours ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Stupid is as stupid does.  Zero patience for it these days.  (Must be getting crotchety in my years.)  Courses post CPO for a reason.  As golfers, we should respect that.  Often here, it's because the course has become soggy due to rainfall.  And they don't want the turf torn up with careless cart usage.  Get off your lazy a** and walk over to your ball.  Carry an extra club along if you're unsure of which one to use.  Although rarely see that it makes one iota of difference.  If one can see the 100 & 150 markers, should be able to figure out what club to use by extrapolating from that.  

Something I've noticed while out amongst the hoi polloi playing.  The number that require being driven to their ball.  Rather than get out of the cart and walk the 30 yards.  Even though I probably cart more than walk, do like to get out and stretch my legs walking around.  Eschewing a ride in favor of walking up the fairway to the ball.  

I have learned this and you are correct as usual. The older I get my tolerance for stupidity meter pegs at a low point. It has gotten worse since my accident in April. Some people especially most of them that winter here have a sense of entitlement rules do not apply to them. The same people that disregard the rules and drive in the fairways during CPO in this case because of seeding. These are the same ones that will complain on Golf Now or other boards about the fairways having bare spots etc. 

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

14 hours ago, scomac2002 said:

------------------

I think you might have heard that from me ( LOL I will take credit) or from numerous guys on the Classics Forum.

After Saturday I think I am going back to all Classic. In the Scramble I have been going at it too hard. Have also went too far the other way going with super light clubs. I can not feel where they are at in my swing and I am swinging them too darn fast. The Docs say structually there is nothing I can do to mess up my back and shoulder even though they speculate I have nerve damage. I told my scramble partners not to look for me until after the first of the year basically because I was not doing them a lick of good. So I am going back to basics with the old dependable FC-4000s and persimmon woods. I am going to do some of my 9 hole rounds like I was doing to see if I can get my act together. My wife said she would like to play a couple of rounds with me during the week. If I do not get my act together or see progress I am done. I doubt right now the way I am hitting it I can break 100 from the senior tees but then again ax that I can still putt and that may be the only reason I could possible break 100.  I have also lost patience with everything. Worked in the shop yesterday with a really horrid set of butchered Hogan Apex Plus irons. The lofts are severely jacked. I worked on the Equalizer about hour yesterday to get it right. Got it right after an hour or so then got frustrated working on the 9 iron Threw down my bending bar locked the shop and went in. It is not only golf related either. Yesterday we had mass confusion at church because of a subsitute program. Had 3 or 4 people shouting at the same time wanting to do sound check. I got frustrated threw up both hands and started to go home. One of the deacons got them straightened out and I stayed. That had been building some now. A few weeks back the FB live had messed up that is separate from me. I can only do sound from my board to the computer. They have to do their adjustment from computer to broadcast. Yep I got criticized in the comments. The guy that does the FB found out and stated it was NOT my fault. Still some that posted said something the next week and I told them they took the time to criticize but not read the replies. That prompted me to post that IF anyone thinks they can do any of the AV jobs better than they can have my seat. I further stated that I CAN stay home and watch Jimmy Swaggart on Sunday. My wife told the Pastor the other day I was wound tighter than a right front spring on a dirt track car. Yep my tolerance level has gotten low. Another Pastor friend of mine has told her a accident like I had especially at my age will change people mentally too. I think even though I am not a member at his church anymore we are having lunch today at Mickey Dees. we are still friends

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

I think you might have heard that from me ( LOL I will take credit) or from numerous guys on the Classics Forum.

After Saturday I think I am going back to all Classic. In the Scramble I have been going at it too hard. Have also went too far the other way going with super light clubs. I can not feel where they are at in my swing and I am swinging them too darn fast. The Docs say structually there is nothing I can do to mess up my back and shoulder even though they speculate I have nerve damage. I told my scramble partners not to look for me until after the first of the year basically because I was not doing them a lick of good. So I am going back to basics with the old dependable FC-4000s and persimmon woods. I am going to do some of my 9 hole rounds like I was doing to see if I can get my act together. My wife said she would like to play a couple of rounds with me during the week. If I do not get my act together or see progress I am done. I doubt right now the way I am hitting it I can break 100 from the senior tees but then again ax that I can still putt and that may be the only reason I could possible break 100.  I have also lost patience with everything. Worked in the shop yesterday with a really horrid set of butchered Hogan Apex Plus irons. The lofts are severely jacked. I worked on the Equalizer about hour yesterday to get it right. Got it right after an hour or so then got frustrated working on the 9 iron Threw down my bending bar locked the shop and went in. It is not only golf related either. Yesterday we had mass confusion at church because of a subsitute program. Had 3 or 4 people shouting at the same time wanting to do sound check. I got frustrated threw up both hands and started to go home. One of the deacons got them straightened out and I stayed. That had been building some now. A few weeks back the FB live had messed up that is separate from me. I can only do sound from my board to the computer. They have to do their adjustment from computer to broadcast. Yep I got criticized in the comments. The guy that does the FB found out and stated it was NOT my fault. Still some that posted said something the next week and I told them they took the time to criticize but not read the replies. That prompted me to post that IF anyone thinks they can do any of the AV jobs better than they can have my seat. I further stated that I CAN stay home and watch Jimmy Swaggart on Sunday. My wife told the Pastor the other day I was wound tighter than a right front spring on a dirt track car. Yep my tolerance level has gotten low. Another Pastor friend of mine has told her a accident like I had especially at my age will change people mentally too. I think even though I am not a member at his church anymore we are having lunch today at Mickey Dees. we are still friends

Very happy to hear I am not the only disillusioned Griller, unfortunately as with you I find I have severely lost the plot. I no longer have any patience with those that complain but lack the ability or the will to get in and help. too many seem to think their only option is to criticise those that do all the work. We volunteered in an age care home for a long time and gave it up because of the attitude towards us. We used to spend almost all our spare time every day helping out, I ran the fundraising for the residents hobbies but always was given a hard time for no reason. One Christmas we spent two weeks going round the stores in the major shopping centres, asking for donations of goods for the raffle, we collected around a hundred items but was asked if we could have tried harder to get more, and what we had were not really suitable, beggars cannot be choosers. Shortly after we gave it up and only then realised just how much it had taken over our lives. Stick with your principles Stu and tell them to get nutted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

2 hours ago, BIG STU said:

I can certainly sympathize with the effects a debilitating injury can have on your mental outlook.  It took me three years to return to a semblance of normal.  My injury was far less severe than yours, but I just couldn't get over the hump.  Now that I'm finally back the one thing that kept me going and inspired me is now gone from my life so the adjustment continues.

I urge you not to pack the clubs away permanently.  Your game will come back.  I'm not there yet, but at least I'm comfortable, both during and afterwards.  You may find that you have to do things a bit differently, but we all adapt eventually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)