Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Stu,

definitely not a shot that I can hit at will. Really cool to pull it off in a match when your partner has hit a skunker. I used to fear hitting wedge shots over bunkers to tight pins. That's a shot that I've finally figured out.

It is a hard shot to hit at will period especially with the modern ball. I love the tight shot over the bunkers to the pin I just concentrate on staying down and through the ball. Really it is a harder shot to hit now for me because my hands do not move through the ball as fast as they used to. Those fast hands when I was younger were a blessing for the short game but bad for me on the long game especially the driver. My lifelong friend back in the day with the balata ball was a master at the one hopper with either the 56 or 60 wedge. Now he claims he can not control it with any modern ball. I am just the opposite. Back in the day I could not hit that shot with balata but taught myself that shot with the modern ball. With the balata ball my game was carry it close to the pin and stop it dead right there. But the difference in our games was I had a lot more spin. Had to sorta revamp myself with the modern ball

I have always experienced a great deal of run out on chips and pitches because I played the ball so far back in my stance and sent the club down the target line. I've learned to vary trajectory and spin with ball and hand position. Totally understand what you mean when you mention keeping the hands low through impact.

I saw an instructor on TGC awhile back and he said to use the loft and come

in shallow to get check spin on those short finesse shots. I imagine that you

would use the bounce also for some insurance on those shots.

Sometimes when the greens have a lot of slope you can also aim for one of

the slopes that will feed the ball toward the hole. I love doing that when the

opportunity is there.

On the 8th hole on the Ledge here when the pin is front middle there are slopes

on both sides and behind the hole. All you have to do is hit one of the slopes and

the ball will feed down to the hole. I had one roll down and actually go in the hole

one day......but if you get above those slopes you are screwed with a very fast

down hill putt. You just touch the ball and it will roll 10 feet past the hole.

Downhill - hard left to right - from more that a few feet - fast greens. Makes me wanna pee. Then again wanna-pee syndrome has become a fairly routine situation regardless of the pending shot. The term Roto Rooter springs to mind.

Today is Father's Day in Australia, and I have just finished a fantastic lunch.

Baked Salmon in a soy sauce, ginger, garlic lime and honey marinade.

Salad, comprising, sweet corn spring onion, asparagus, snow peas, cucumber, radish and a simple dressing.

https://imgur.com/a/jB5Ux

Desert was, chocolate mousse, fresh strawberries, chocolate sauce, cream and fresh mint leaves.

Suffice to say, no dieting this weekend.

https://imgur.com/a/GlbBg

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Salad, comprising, sweet corn spring onion, asparagus, snow peas, cucumber, radish and a simple dressing.

Desert was, chocolate mousse, fresh strawberries, chocolate space, cream and fresh mint leaves.

You are thoroughly enjoying life Tol. Good on you my friend. You paid your dues

and have earned this time!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I'm thinking of getting these kind of grips for my Mac irons. Anyone try

reduced taper and/or reduced taper NDMCs and have an opinion they

want to share? I've yet to try the reduced taper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231515944924?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

SLED Gemini

Desert was, chocolate mousse, fresh strawberries, chocolate space, cream and fresh mint leaves.

You are thoroughly enjoying life Tol. Good on you my friend. You paid your dues

and have earned this time!

Thank you Conrad, your comments are truly appreciated.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Limited experience with the NDMC, couple of acquired clubs had them. Wasn't a fan, they felt really hard. I prefer a somewhat softer grip and play without a glove unless climatic conditions force me to put one on.

WTS, have become a fan of reduced taper grips. On the primary modern set, have been using the GP CP2 Wrap grip which is reduced taper. I like the "meatier" feel to the bottom hand. Sense that the grip pressure applied by both hands is equalized, reducing the tendency towards the "death grip" that I fall prey to when not paying attention. Use a midsize on the irons (borderline mid v. regular) and like how the handful of grip rests in my hand and as I grip the club. Regular on the D and fairways for no particular reason other than the slightly smaller size feels better on those clubs. Plus the CP2's have just the right amount of softness without feeling Winn "squishy". Wear is excellent, going on two full seasons now and they still look new.

The other grip that I've been using is the Lamkin UTx Wrap grip. A minimalist cord grip. GW had a sale awhile back and I bought a set to use on the Apex's. They're a very nice grip, but the feel is quite different. Without realizing it, I've gotten accustomed to reduced taper and other grips now feel to "skinny" on the bottom end. When I play them, notice that I'm seemingly applying a little more pressure to hold on to the bottom end.

My take. Not that the grip installed has made any difference with shot performance or lack thereof. You might consider trying one grip before committing to the whole enchilada, see if they are for you. YMMV.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Happy Father's Day Tol. May you enjoy your day with the family. That was lunch? Wow. What's for dinner? Looks delicious BTW. Big fan of the marinated salmon done just right.

Maybe we should start a recipe sharing club here at the grille. The Mrs. is forever exchanging them on Facebook with her gal pals. Always showing me a new one she's received, telling me "doesn't this sound good". And I never see said dish on the table.

Stu - Sounds a lot like old Charles T Myers. Any of these course names sound familiar?

Stonebridge

Emerald Lake

The Divide

Charlotte National

Springfield

Highland Creek

Larkhaven

Rain Tree

Don't know if you've ever made it down to the Tryon area for the Red Fox. Got a buddy who lives in Tryon and we play there several times each year.

It is Green Meadows over in the Mount Holly Area. The guy who owns the group that manages Myers and all the other county courses I grew up with him. His Mom and Dad owned the course my old man ran. Larkhaven man I love that place played a many a round there. Rain Tree oh man one tough course in the day played the City Am there some and at Cedarwood. they had a US Open sectional there one year at Raintree and had it one year at Cedarwood. I have also played Charlotte National and Highland Creek-- Have only played Highland one time--- My lifelong buddy is a member at Pine Island they used to be members for years at Carolina Country Club---- Our other friend who is a retired PGA Lifetime Member was pro at PI for a while and Carolina. He was also the pro at Sunset Hills when I worked there. I also worked at Myers briefly when American Golf managed them. I lasted with those idiots at AG about a month. In latter years I played a lot in the Mooresville area at Mooresville Muni (front 9 is a Donald Ross design) and up at River Run in Davidson-- I played all over the Piedmont area of NC-- Love Bryan Park and Tanglewood. A lot of the old courses I grew up playing are gone now-- Really the only 2 left are Larkhaven and Green Meadows--- Yep I was one of the Old Eastwood crowd--- Now that you have mentioned it another friend of mine is either the Pro or one of the assistants at Springfield and I have never played there. Come to think of it I believe Charlotte National is closed. Some of the crowd I grew up with and around migrated to CN when Eastwood closed now I hear they migrated over to Larkhaven. My buddy does not hang with the old crowd any he is currently concentrating on his oldest daughter who graduated college 2 years ago and just turned Pro. She is playing some of the minis now and trying to qualify on the Symreta Tour and hopefully the LPGA. BTW I am a Genuine North Charlotte born and bred Redneck--- got my education around NODA as they call it now and North Tryon Street

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Happy Father's Day Tol. May you enjoy your day with the family. That was lunch? Wow. What's for dinner? Looks delicious BTW. Big fan of the marinated salmon done just right.

Maybe we should start a recipe sharing club here at the grille. The Mrs. is forever exchanging them on Facebook with her gal pals. Always showing me a new one she's received, telling me "doesn't this sound good". And I never see said dish on the table.

Thanks for the thoughts Fella, we had a good day, good food, presents and company.

My wife has a library of cook books and works her way through them. We eat better than the majority of restaurants.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Fella and crew,

You are looking at a German Stainless Xenon mallet with brass thrusert and alignment rods. A finish that appears mocha with purple hues depending on lighting. Brass shaft band, black chrome shaft, Best Grips leather stitchback. Specs are 360 grams, 33.5", 4* of loft, 68* lie angle, 3:15 toe hang (nearly faced balanced). Four maple leafs to represent each member of my family. Simply put, everything I was looking for in one putter. Not saying she's the last, but definitely a keeper.

I've come to the conclusion through lots of trial and error that I'm a mallet man. Brass is my favourite material.

We'll see how she rolls I'm a few days. For now I get to stare and rolls balls on the carpet.

Whoa PD. That's one fine putter. Congratulations on the acquisition. Hope it makes lots of putts for you. The "alignment rods" and the cupped shape to the flange really does a nice job of framing the ball. I like some alignment assistance in my putters. Absolutely amazing one of a kind putter. So many cool detail touches from the maple leafs to the shaft band. But did I read you're thinking about changing up from the leather Best stitchback? Hum. You sure about that? I get putter grip feel and all. But..............

I'm a mid-mallet fan as well. As much as I dabble around with various styles, a mallet sets up better for me and I have confidence putting with one. Especially from 6' and in. Tend to get a little wavy with an anser style that isn't sufficiently weighted. In no way implying its near the quality of your custom, but my current front line roller is an Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5. Rather pedestrian compared to yours, but it works well for me.

Similar size and shape to the head. Weighs in at 350g, basically the same amount of slight toe hang at 3:15. Milled face with a sight line on the flange. No idea on loft or lie, but it feels right. Had been playing it at 36". But felt it may have been a bit long. So during the installation of a new grip, shortened it to 35". Allows my arms to hang down a little more, a slightly crouched position that better facilitates the "shoulders back" pendulum motion. FWIW, my first foray into using a SS grip. Found a Slim 1.0 on eBay pretty cheap (had previously refused to pay $25 for a putter grip). So we'll see how it rolls once it gets back to the course. So far I'm liking it on the basement carpet putting green.

Oh how I wish I could putt consistently with an Anser (Dalehead) style. Really like that "look". I have "lust in my heart" every time I visit the LGS and fool around with a Bettinardi BB1F. Rather pedestrian compared to yours, but I do like that Betti. But then rationality returns. My greatest concern (fear) is once out and gamed, I would still be a suspect putter with the style and would be out 3 bills to boot. The proverbial double whammy.

I digress. Thanks for sharing PD and the back story as well. Look forward to the play report (that is required also).

Fella and crew,

You are looking at a German Stainless Xenon mallet with brass thrusert and alignment rods. A finish that appears mocha with purple hues depending on lighting. Brass shaft band, black chrome shaft, Best Grips leather stitchback. Specs are 360 grams, 33.5", 4* of loft, 68* lie angle, 3:15 toe hang (nearly faced balanced). Four maple leafs to represent each member of my family. Simply put, everything I was looking for in one putter. Not saying she's the last, but definitely a keeper.

I've come to the conclusion through lots of trial and error that I'm a mallet man. Brass is my favourite material.

We'll see how she rolls I'm a few days. For now I get to stare and rolls balls on the carpet.

Whoa PD. That's one fine putter. Congratulations on the acquisition. Hope it makes lots of putts for you. The "alignment rods" and the cupped shape to the flange really does a nice job of framing the ball. I like some alignment assistance in my putters. Absolutely amazing one of a kind putter. So many cool detail touches from the maple leafs to the shaft band. But did I read you're thinking about changing up from the leather Best stitchback? Hum. You sure about that? I get putter grip feel and all. But..............

I'm a mid-mallet fan as well. As much as I dabble around with various styles, a mallet sets up better for me and I have confidence putting with one. Especially from 6' and in. Tend to get a little wavy with an anser style that isn't sufficiently weighted. In no way implying its near the quality of your custom, but my current front line roller is an Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #5. Rather pedestrian compared to yours, but it works well for me.

Similar size and shape to the head. Weighs in at 350g, basically the same amount of slight toe hang at 3:15. Milled face with a sight line on the flange. No idea on loft or lie, but it feels right. Had been playing it at 36". But felt it may have been a bit long. So during the installation of a new grip, shortened it to 35". Allows my arms to hang down a little more, a slightly crouched position that better facilitates the "shoulders back" pendulum motion. FWIW, my first foray into using a SS grip. Found a Slim 1.0 on eBay pretty cheap (had previously refused to pay $25 for a putter grip). So we'll see how it rolls once it gets back to the course. So far I'm liking it on the basement carpet putting green.

Oh how I wish I could putt consistently with an Anser (Dalehead) style. Really like that "look". I have "lust in my heart" every time I visit the LGS and fool around with a Bettinardi BB1F. Rather pedestrian compared to yours, but I do like that Betti. But then rationality returns. My greatest concern (fear) is once out and gamed, I would still be a suspect putter with the style and would be out 3 bills to boot. The proverbial double whammy.

I digress. Thanks for sharing PD and the back story as well. Look forward to the play report (that is required also).

Well believe it or not my course was open today playing some temp tees etc. I did not play but practiced mostly vintage stuff since I am planning on playing strictly vintage this week. Ended up putting my old Cleveland Designed By (8802 style) in the vintage bag. I had never tried it again since going to the claw grip and it has a standard Lamkin grip on it. Heck there must be something to the claw thing for me because I putted with it just as well as my Cameron. Messed around with some of my vintage wedges today had 5 in the bag. Hit them ok but nothing hits like my 588s. Will probably end up with the 50s vintage dual sole Armour or the Nicklaus Personal 56 in the vintage bag. I am still out on whether I am gaming the Muirfields or the FC 4000 irons. I am dialing in the vintage stuff because eventually I will be playing with Randy (Old School Rocker ) and the boys from Chuckytown

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Fella,

I have used Best Grip leather putter grips on a few putters. I love the feel, but the grips feel small in my hands. I've grown accustomed to a S.S. 2.0 size of grip over the past few years. This year I installed a Pure Big Dog grip on my Machine and really like the feel, size and shape of the grip. It has a pistol shape in the back with a flat front. The material is firm, but not hard. I'm looking at Pure's midsize grip at the moment as the Big Dog is heavy.

I took the new putter to the course this evening and was really pleased with results. 21 putts through 14 holes (in that number are three putts from just off the green). Greens were very bumpy and unkempt as I was the last person off this evening. I had two putts horseshoe out, and another bounce offline a foot from the hole. No three putts and I didn't miss a putt inside 4 feet. The head is easy to align and I really like the appearance at address. The brass insert does not feel like my other solid brass putters. The feel is more solid and the sound is less high pitches. This must be due to the SS body that surrounds the insert. A really solid feel at impact. Definitely a keeper.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I play the vast majority of my rounds early in the morning. Today I teed off at 6 pm and squeezed in 14 holes before darkness set in. A beautiful night. Very little wind and temperatures in the low 80s.

Here are my thoughts on play later in the day.

- the course gets chewed up.

- grass is longer everywhere.

- fairways and greens are firmer.

- the ball flies farther (I was a full club longer tonight than I see in the early morning).

- there is no dew.

- Green speeds are faster and the surfaces are bumpier.

It took me nearly 4 holes to adjust to the different conditions. I was over the green on one and two. Ball landed where I wanted but rolled out double the distance I normally see. Green speeds were faster and the surfaces were bumpier.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Fella,

forgot to add.

I owned a the same Odyssey putter for 3 years. It was the putter I traded in for the FG59s. A really solid performed that feels exceptional.

You mentioned cost. I've putted well and poorly with both 'inexpensive' and 'expensive' putters (obviously relative terms). A high dollar putter doesn't magically make putts for you, but I have seen an improvement in my putting stats since I've traveled down the custom path. Here's my take . . . it's easier to dial in specs with a custom built putter (especially lie, loft and head weight). It's also fun to look down at a putter that you've had a hand in designing (similar to building a set of clubs for yourself). I look forward to pulling the headcover off of my putter as I head for the green. I've never looked down at one of my customs and thought, what a waste of money. Once I make a purchase I spend the money and move on. When I'm not dropping putts it isn't the fault of the equipment. Operator error is the culprit. I simply enjoy the process of selecting a putter and having it built to my desires. Tough to put a price tag on that.

Totally understand the person that refuses to spend more than 'X' on a piece of equipment. We all choose to spend our money how we see fit.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

I play the vast majority of my rounds early in the morning. Today I teed off at 6 pm and squeezed in 14 holes before darkness set in. A beautiful night. Very little wind and temperatures in the low 80s.

- the ball flies farther (I was a full club longer tonight than I see in the early morning).

- there is no dew.

It took me nearly 4 holes to adjust to the different conditions. I was over the green on one and two. Ball landed where I wanted but rolled out double the distance I normally see. Green speeds were faster and the surfaces were bumpier.

Welcome to my world.

- there is no dew.

I like playing early usually tee off around six, the course is completely different by the round of the round, especially in the summer when it can be up to 35-40 by 10am

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Saturday afternoon, I played (alone) vintage, Ben Hogan laminated 1-3 woods, Haig 6, 8, PW and older mallet putter. Although the woods were maybe 20 yards shorter than my more modern stuff, I scored a 37-39, 76 for 18 holes.

Yesterday, I played nine with a pal, using my more modern kit, Adams 1-3 woods, Callaway 7,8,PW, and putter. I played horribly, slicing drives, duffed iron shots, three and four putting greens.

Saturday was a charmed day, no doubt. Walking to my car after golf, I saw that my left front tire was almost flat. In fact, a tire gauge showed no reading. I decided to take a chance and drive the car a couple miles to a gas station which I hoped had air. (I wasn't in the mood for a two hour wait on road service.)Fortunately, I got there, put air in the tire, and drove home. Being Labor Day weekend, I knew I couldn't get the tire repaired, so I'll use another car until Tuesday or Wednesday.

I need to put air in the tire this morning, as I did yesterday. Seems to be losing 4 or 5 pounds a day. I consider it a miracle that I got to the gas station with the almost flat tire without ruining the tire. Just like the 76 score.

Cheers, guys!

Fella,

forgot to add.

I owned a the same Odyssey putter for 3 years. It was the putter I traded in for the FG59s. A really solid performed that feels exceptional.

You mentioned cost. I've putted well and poorly with both 'inexpensive' and 'expensive' putters (obviously relative terms). A high dollar putter doesn't magically make putts for you, but I have seen an improvement in my putting stats since I've traveled down the custom path. Here's my take . . . it's easier to dial in specs with a custom built putter (especially lie, loft and head weight). It's also fun to look down at a putter that you've had a hand in designing (similar to building a set of clubs for yourself). I look forward to pulling the headcover off of my putter as I head for the green. I've never looked down at one of my customs and thought, what a waste of money. Once I make a purchase I spend the money and move on. When I'm not dropping putts it isn't the fault of the equipment. Operator error is the culprit. I simply enjoy the process of selecting a putter and having it built to my desires. Tough to put a price tag on that.

Totally understand the person that refuses to spend more than 'X' on a piece of equipment. We all choose to spend our money how we see fit.

Hope you didn't misinterpret what I was saying when I mentioned "cost". Wasn't making any judgements as to how someone spent their funds on golf equipment. There is value for you in the custom endeavor, for all the reasons you mentioned. Therefore, its all good. I was only speaking personally. :taunt: Great to read that you had very positive first round results with the Xenon.

Do you have any tips that could be used to get the Mrs. to buy me a custom putter? I noticed that. TIA.

Was rolling around in my head the idea of actually pursuing a Betti acquisition. Not new, something off of BST or eBay. Had excess Paypal funds on hand from the late summer equipment sell off. But then the vehicle needed brakes all around, rotors, everything practically (damn Chrysler and there cheap a** brake system), so the funds were reallocated. The selloff continues, to replenish. Don't like being under capitalized in case something of interest shows up.

Being that you had a Black Series #5, would you happen to know/remember the loft and lie specs? I keep a running spreadsheet on most all equipment specs of stuff in inventory. At least the equipment I play with regularity. Haven't been able to find the stats on this one anywhere.

Always dabbling around with putter grips. As mentioned, heretofore never went down the SS path. I tried various flavors out on the bud's putters. The Slim 3.0 was way to big, wouldn't even fit in the bag's putter tube. The 2.0 still felt a little to meaty in my hands. But tried out a putter at the LGS that had the 1.0, and that felt just about right. Hoping that the flat front, non-tapered design keeps me from getting the "grips" when faced with that slippery downhill putt. To save a par more often than not.

The time the buds and I typically play during the week is 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. We stop at a local Coney for breakfast. We get off behind the early morning crowd (bunch of oldsters) and before the midday money game players. Can shoot and scoot around in 3.5 hours. Which is just about right . Play at a good pace without feeling like it's a sprint.

I've become so spoiled by mid-week golf. The prices we pay, the pace we can play at, etc. Its really hard to play on the weekends. Paying more to play 9 holes than we pay for 18 during the week. And then 2.5/5.0 hour 9/18 POP. Drives me crazy and I invariably shoot for s***. And I don't like evening greens. They get shaggy and slow, and are trampled from the days play. But its not like I'm playing in C.C. conditions to begin with.

Saturday afternoon, I played (alone) vintage, Ben Hogan laminated 1-3 woods, Haig 6, 8, PW and older mallet putter. Although the woods were maybe 20 yards shorter than my more modern stuff, I scored a 37-39, 76 for 18 holes.

Yesterday, I played nine with a pal, using my more modern kit, Adams 1-3 woods, Callaway 7,8,PW, and putter. I played horribly, slicing drives, duffed iron shots, three and four putting greens.

Saturday was a charmed day, no doubt. Walking to my car after golf, I saw that my left front tire was almost flat. In fact, a tire gauge showed no reading. I decided to take a chance and drive the car a couple miles to a gas station which I hoped had air. (I wasn't in the mood for a two hour wait on road service.)Fortunately, I got there, put air in the tire, and drove home. Being Labor Day weekend, I knew I couldn't get the tire repaired, so I'll use another car until Tuesday or Wednesday.

I need to put air in the tire this morning, as I did yesterday. Seems to be losing 4 or 5 pounds a day. I consider it a miracle that I got to the gas station with the almost flat tire without ruining the tire. Just like the 76 score.

Cheers, guys!

Congrats on that great round there Wriggs. That's getting it done, sir! Sorry about the "flatness of it all" in the tire. Hopefully if you picked up a nail it's nowhere near the sidewall. Amazing what a tire costs these days.

Have tried the grips you mentioned Rad. The "like" meter for me sits at about neutral on those. Don't love or hate them. They're not too bad at all on the wedges from my seat. I personally like larger grips on the shorter sticks. Fella summed up preferences that would parallel mine. I've basically landed on standard sized grips (depending on manufacturer) with an extra couple of wraps under the trail hand.

For moi -- more "standard" grip sizes are easier to get the handle running a more through the lead hand fingers properly. The fully midsized to jumbo grips are conversely much easer when it comes to getting the handle running more through the palm of the lead hand. Conversely - the larger grips are easier for me to properly set that trail hand.

So were I a golfer who tends to have the handle too much through the palms, I'd consider a smaller dia grip. Too much in the fingers (especially the lead hand) - I'd go larger were it me. That's how I process all this stuff. The next guy might be just the opposite on all fronts.

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I haven't used those but a lot of our members like them, they are softer than the original Ndmc. I build up under my bottom hand a wrap or two, I did it when I was younger cause I thought it was cool and have just kinda stuck with it.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

- there is no dew.

Well stated.

On a quiet cool morn you can really hear that sound of the ball riffling through the air. Mmmmm - love that sound. All is right with the universe when hearing it. The swing itself is over in a flash but that sound - fading to a faint whisper in the distance - that one echoes in my soul.

Dew is not quite as loved by yours truly. Fun on the practice green to see the actual trace of a breaking putt. But a liquid rooster tail on the ball or too much wetness of a heavier lie off the green - Those are things I personally don't love quite as much. For sure those things almost force you to make solid contact.

Thanks for the reduced taper grip feedback. I've been an NDMC fan for years

now and I like all the color options they have but I hadn't tried the reduced tapers

yet. I think I'll give them a shot and put them on my Macs.

I don't care for midsize grips but I'm thinking the reduced taper may be just about

right for me.

SLED Gemini

Cheers, guys!

Perhaps the older stuff just works better for you. There are many many golfers

who grew up playing those clubs and just feel more comfortable with them.

Congrats on that great Saturday round!

Life is full of little miracles...... if we are paying attention, we notice. :)

SLED Gemini

- there is no dew.

Well stated.

On a quiet cool morn you can really hear that sound of the ball riffling through the air. Mmmmm - love that sound. All is right with the universe when hearing it. The swing itself is over in a flash but that sound - fading to a faint whisper in the distance - that one echoes in my soul.

Dew is not quite as loved by yours truly. Fun on the practice green to see the actual trace of a breaking putt. But a liquid rooster tail on the ball or too much wetness of a heavier lie off the green - Those are things I personally don't love quite as much. For sure those things almost force you to make solid contact.

Early morning rounds are awesome if you're playing where the temp did

not drop to the dew point...............like in the desert, lol. Of course, true to

life, many of those places run their sprinklers in the early morning and you

can end up with a wet course anyway, at times.

I just don't like a wet course, period, though sometimes I end up on one

because of the watering times.

SLED Gemini

Thanks for the reduced taper grip feedback. I've been an NDMC fan for years

now and I like all the color options they have but I hadn't tried the reduced tapers

yet. I think I'll give them a shot and put them on my Macs.

I don't care for midsize grips but I'm thinking the reduced taper may be just about

right for me.

I have them on all of my clubs now, in fact that's what I was putting on my irons that day when I sliced my fingers open and had to get stiches... that was optional though :)

Welp, I've posted on General Golf Talk for the last time.... I've decided I just don't understand what general golf talk means. I thought it meant, general golf talk. But every time I start a subject that seems like general golf talk, it gets put into instruction and academy or somewhere else, ha like I'm anyone who could instruct or aca-dem-ize anyone. So today I thought, Ok, I'll start a simple subject about people talking to their golf balls, pros, announcers and us, you know, general golf talk... to golf balls...so where does it end up? it gets moved to Equipment-Golf Balls... really? It was supposed to be a tongue in cheek general golf talk fun conversation, not an equipment discussion, sheesh... nope, not general, not that one either, no... :nea:

Welp, I've posted on General Golf Talk for the last time.... I've decided I just don't understand what general golf talk means. I thought it meant, general golf talk. But every time I start a subject that seems like general golf talk, it gets put into instruction and academy or somewhere else, ha like I'm anyone who could instruct or aca-dem-ize anyone. So today I thought, Ok, I'll start a simple subject about people talking to their golf balls, pros, announcers and us, you know, general golf talk... to golf balls...so where does it end up? it gets moved to Equipment-Golf Balls... really? It was supposed to be a tongue in cheek general golf talk fun conversation, not an equipment discussion, sheesh... nope, not general, not that one either, no... :nea:

Here's the trick. Start by posting in the I & A. Watch as the trolls descend and then watch as the mods move the thread to the location you want.

It's as if threads are selected to die a quick death almost immediately.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

LOL. Maybe you have a reputation that precedes you. As in....."There's a post from 'that guy' again. Let's move it somewhere so he can't find it. Maybe he'll go away". Or they're just spoof'n with you. There must be some random condition of logic for they're randomness.

IDK. Maybe?

Fella,

Here's how it went down for me. I was in the Wager and was forbidden to purchase clubs for a year. My wife was in need of a new home PC as she was editing home videos and our computer was on the fritz. We traveled to Staples to purchase the computer (which she was paying) and she conveniently left her wallet at home. I ponied up nearly 2K for all of the 'stuff' that she wanted. I truly didn't care as we share the majority of our funds. I had been looking at Machine putters for a while. She caught me oogling Machine putter porn one day and told me she was going to purchase me a putter. I was shocked that she followed through on the comment.

As to the cost comment. I wasn't taking offence, but rather addressing a point that is often stated on these Forums and from my friends. I've never purchased a club (putter or otherwise) with the thought that I was going to drop strokes automatically. My clubs are dialed in as far as specs go so I don't see a great deal of variation in scores regardless of what's in my bag. I could undoubtedly post similar stats with a putter that costs far less, but that isn't why I'm purchasing the product in the first place. I know that will sound crazy to some, but who really cares whether I shoot 75, 77, 79, 81, 83, etc? I've still got to go to back to work tomorrow. All part of the experience I guess.

As to the Odyssey putter specs. Best I can dig up is 70* lie and 3* loft. 35" is a 340 gram head and the 34" is a 350 gram head.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)