Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Think i will have to go with Thomas in the open. Would love seeing the big cat in contention on Sunday..but just dont think it is gonna happen yet.

A couple errant drives in this venue could add too many strokes.

Reason,I had no idea my neighbor,Mr Duck Hook traveled to the Carolinas for vacation! He shows up on the course

with me from time to time. Doesn't say much,just sorta giggles a couple times then goes away for a while. Now I know

where he goes ! Thanks !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

My Open pic: Adam Scott...and yes it is because of the caddie, driver, coach switch.

As for some grille talk after my last round I was having a cold one with a friend and we struck up conversation with a guy who lives on the course. He was mentioning that the course was going to replace the greens this summer....the greens are REALLY nice, beat in the area IMO. Not sure why they want to do it now? But the guy mentioned that they were starting in July.....? Ruining my favorite course for most of the summer and who knows how much longer.

Anyway, that was my last grille convo. Nice thread.

Welcome to this Grille, Spooky. Sure hope you'll feel free to climb aboard. This is about as laid back, funny, even educational as it gets. Folks wander in from all over the planet - all good souls.

You mentioned the local greens being overhauled. Around here there was a movement a couple of years ago to switch to a new strain of grass. Basically it was driven by a couple of hard summers with very low rainfall. This newer grass type was supposed to hold up well and require less watering. I have to say, they putted "differently" in terms of green speed and breaks. Not better, not worse - just different. But those things are now far less prone to pitch marks and seem to be holding up very well.

If that's remotely what you're going through - there's probably going to be a little period of adjustment in getting used to them. Not even sure if that's behind the upcoming change or not.

Anywho - WELCOME!

My Open pic: Adam Scott...and yes it is because of the caddie, driver, coach switch.

As for some grille talk after my last round I was having a cold one with a friend and we struck up conversation with a guy who lives on the course. He was mentioning that the course was going to replace the greens this summer....the greens are REALLY nice, best in the area IMO. Not sure why they want to do it now? But the guy mentioned that they were starting in July.....? Ruining my favorite course for most of the summer and who knows how much longer.

A big welcome from down under, I came to the Grille as a last resort not liking the majority of the on line comments and have been here ever since. A good bunch of people talking about anything that comes to mind and most important total acceptance for any views discussed.

Come back soon and sit with the boys enjoying a good meal cooked by our favourite hamburger man Gus

Yes Adam Scott, it’s his turn..

Thank you both. With a welcome like this I will be back for sure. Thank you again.

Got to bail for a bit. Thunder, wind kicking up.

Lightning would never dare strike Mrs. Reason, but this guy??? Right through the power lines, into the laptop, and straight into the lap.

This lap isn't much to brag about but it's the only one I have. My spare lap turned up missing - after lightning went through the ear buds that time. :crazy:

Welcome Spooky. Just make yourself at home here and enjoy some conversation. This is a very

welcoming bunch in here.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I have a feeling Jordan will have a good putting week. His ballstriking and short game are solid.

He's almost flying under the radar but I remember that last round at Augusta. He has major

championship game and can rise when he's seemingly off his game.

A couple sleeper picks........Bubba.........and Tony Finau..........gonna keep my eye on them.

Bubba is having a good year and Tony played very well at Augusta.......on a bum ankle.

I heard today that the USGA has set up the fairways to pinch in starting at the 300 to 315 yard

mark. With that, it looks like they are taking driver out of the hands of the longest hitters on many

holes. If they are all going to be playing to the same spots off the tee then it's going to be a 2nd

shot course. Approach shots, short game and putting are going to be tested.

SLED Gemini

Rad I hadn't heard about the narrowing of fairways. Interesting.

Shinnecock Hills. Evidently in 2004 greens were all baked out and hard as a rock, Sports writers/broadcasters are repeatedly suggesting hopes history isn't repeated this time.

Don't know about you guys but I tend to believe every blade of grass in that joint will be setup (and watered) to a US Open brand of play.

Weather looking good there in terms of temps and sunshine. Expected to get a little wind over the weekend.

Fairways are wider than 2004 by about 10-15 yards on average. 29 yards wide average in 2004

and about 39-45 yards wide this time..........but they pinch them in at 300-315 yards from the tee.

Course was restored to it's original design a few years back. Fairways are normally 70 yards wide

now but are narrowed to the above numbers for the open.

Course is about 300 yards longer than 2004, I think. Rough is very thick with all the rain that's

come down this spring.

No rough around the greens; all shaved tight.........balls will be rolling all over de place. The 7th

hole (par 3) was the one that caused the controversy last time. Lee Trevino once called it the

shortest par 5 on Long Island. Apparently the green is an upside down cereal bowl, lol.

Radio pontificators ae speculating the winning score at 5 to 9 under with the current weather

forecast. I guess we'll see how good they are at pontificating. That doesn't sound like carnage to

me though I'm sure some players will put up some big numbers on their way to missing the cut.

SLED Gemini

OK gang...

Fathers Day approaching. Bitter/sweet for us all for very different reasons. Found that one out the hard way on wrx in years past. Had no idea how much the subject of a Dad is far from being a favorite topic for so many golfers.

It's a tough week each year for old Judge Reason who lost a hero at age 17. Going to go ahead right up front and beg for a certain amount of tolerance this week. The old heart fills up a lot at this time each year. Please bear with me and I'll do my best to keep it down to a minimum.

Deal???

Funny, Mother’s Day is the same in America and Australia, Father’s Day down under is in September.

Best wishes to all fathers, enjoy the day.

Fond memories for those not able to celebrate father’s day.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

As for some grille talk after my last round I was having a cold one with a friend and we struck up conversation with a guy who lives on the course. He was mentioning that the course was going to replace the greens this summer....the greens are REALLY nice, best in the area IMO. Not sure why they want to do it now? But the guy mentioned that they were starting in July.....? Ruining my favorite course for most of the summer and who knows how much longer.

Hi Spooky, I'm so glad you posted a second time, and decided to stay, guess the song was true, "first you say no, I've got some plans for the night, and then you stop, and say-alright..." (heck, that might be before your time?) I was gonna say every post here is the last one, until the next one that is... :) You are important and very welcome here and your opinion is very valuable. There's plenty of seating here at the Grille as you can see, and we are always ourselves.

Too bad about your greens being replaced, changing grass type or something? At least after July, scores should drop significantly with the greens missing and all.

I like Adam Scott, your choice a lot. It's time for his come back, and this Open would be the ideal place for him to make a statement.

Anyway, welcome, our occasional :rolleyes: craziness spans the globe yet meets in this wonderful atmosphere called the Grille...

I suppose being married you are all aware of the things that crop up to disrupt the well planned week. Everything planned out untill DW decides she would like the bathroom decorated. We have not altered much since moving in so it seems now is the time.

Sunday, clear bathroom, wash walls, fill in any knocks, dents, picture hanger holes, remove all furniture, yes furniture from said room in preparation for Monday.

Monday, two coats of paint, fussy room, lots of corners, edges to cut in. Finished second coat around 3pm.

Tuesday, clean up, replace all furniture etc.

Sitting down this PM, Tuesday, DW took the dog for a walk out the back, returned and told me I was being slack removing weeds from the walking path. The only reason they are still there is

I painted a bathroom.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I suppose being married you are all aware of the things that crop up to disrupt the well planned week. Everything planned out untill DW decides she would like the bathroom decorated. We have not altered much since moving in so it seems now is the time.

Sunday, clear bathroom, wash walls, fill in any knocks, dents, picture hanger holes, remove all furniture, yes furniture from said room in preparation for Monday.

Monday, two coats of paint, fussy room, lots of corners, edges to cut in. Finished second coat around 3pm.

Sitting down this PM, Tuesday, DW took the dog for a walk out the back, returned and told me I was being slack removing weeds from the walking path. The only reason they are still there is

I painted a bathroom.

Isn't it wonderful to have such a great planner/manager? :) Like they say, the best laid plans of mice and men... only in our case, we have a DW who knows exactly what we wanted and how then to divert our plans rather quickly and well into something that actually makes sense.

32 degrees here on the 60th parallell north today. Celsius, guess its somehting like 90 in Fahrenheit. Crazy. We normally get one day a year this warm and thats like in early August. We've already have had three days like this since late May. Well if this is global heating its ok for me. But too hot for golf yet. I might take the car down to my home course at nine or something this evening. Cool enough, no people and nice evening light. This place stinks for golf like half of the year but this time is when we get rewarded.

That would be right Hank. Had to laugh at Siri on the Apple phone yesterday and today, we were out at the local Buckeye Lake, and said 'Siri, what's the temperature in Newark Ohio?' She said "It's about 78* outside. Hot." (What the?) So today, it seemed really nice out again earlier, so I said 'Hey Siri, what's the temperature in Newark Ohio?' and she said "It's 77* in Newark Ohio. Hot."

So much for Siri...the only thing I could think of was maybe she was in Celsius too, ,which would make 77*C actually about 172* Fahrenheit,

it didn't seem that hot.... :blind:

LOL makes me wonder what she would have said down here this weekend--- Temps in the 90s and Humid-----

Well, for a guy like me born with the complexion adapted for the place on earth where I am born, 77 (about 25 C) IS hot... If I see the sun I get melanoma. "Brown" is a color that my skin has never known. White and red. Viking complexity. And I do not really like temperatures above 20. Celsius. More than a few days like the day when I wrote the last message to enjoy the nice evenings. Missus wanna go on Safaris and stuff, I say NO. And most of the guys that emigrated from here to the other side of the Atlantic Ocean ended up in places like Minnesota or Canada.

I painted a bathroom.

boy does THAT sound like something I have heard before !!

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

I painted a bathroom.

Yes you did Tol and it's a beaut! I like your style and it will look great on the wall of the Grille bathroom :taunt:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

I painted a bathroom.

Yes you did Tol and it's a beaut! I like your style and it will look great on the wall of the Grille bathroom :taunt:

Gus says it's remarkable how it looks like his wife Gustina...

I painted a bathroom.

My turn to helo you out as you've kindly done for me.

Pour the excess paint thinners, paint, wall patching compounds - literally everything disposed of during the bathroom job...

on the weeds.

Cover the crime scene with mulch from the giant pile.

DONE!

Wife and I were DINKS at one point. Out having dinner with another couple who were similarly childless at the time.

Couple of drinkey poos are downed and the wife-half of the other couple blurts out that she needs to go to the bathroom. I respond and say, "Yea! Me too!"

After somehow finding that hilarious (drinky poos kicking in)... she bets me I won't go to the ladies room for relief. I give it right back to her by saying I will go to the ladies if she goes to the men's. She says, "You're on! Let's hit it right now before I pop."

We each head to the head.

What I didn't know, is she had spotted another female patron going into the ladies room whilst the men's room door hadn't swung in quite a while.

Yea that's right. I got in there and found myself bolting for a stall, once I realized someone else was in there with me. Sat there for an eternity waiting for the lady next to me to finish up her business, followed by some sort of protracted patch-job in front of the mirror.

Pretty sure she saw men's pants around the ankles under the stall door. So she was either purposefully extending her time in front of that mirror in hopes of seeing who popped out of that stall... or... she routinely dumps about 400 bucks worth of colored/scented gun powder on her face to make herself presentable.

I still have an IOU outstanding on that lady who made that bet with me.

Wife and I were DINKS at one point. Out having dinner with another couple who were similarly childless at the time.

Couple of drinkey poos are downed and the wife-half of the other couple blurts out that she needs to go to the bathroom. I respond and say, "Yea! Me too!"

After somehow finding that hilarious (drinky poos kicking in)... she bets me I won't go to the ladies room for relief. I give it right back to her by saying I will go to the ladies if she goes to the men's. She says, "You're on! Let's hit it right now before I pop."

What I didn't know, is she had spotted another female patron going into the ladies room whilst the men's room door hadn't swung in quite a while.

Yea that's right. I got in there and found myself bolting for a stall, once I realized someone else was in there with me. Sat there for an eternity waiting for the lady next to me to finish up her business, followed by some sort of protracted patch-job in front of the mirror.

Pretty sure she saw men's pants around the ankles under the stall door. So she was either purposefully extending her time in front of that mirror in hopes of seeing who popped out of that stall... or... she routinely dumps about 400 bucks worth of colored/scented gun powder on her face to make herself presentable.

Too funny! BTDT but not by any bold choice. At our local airport and just needed to blow my nose before the flight. Went in the wrong semi circular hall way and into a stall for some paper. Suddenly became aware of many female voices. I sat in there until I thought I might not make it through the security line in time. I finally just bolted and shrugged my shoulders to the first lady I saw and said, "I can't believe I did that" Turns out a whole women's sports team was there. Got nothing but laughter from Mrs. scotee.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Too funny! BTDT but not by any bold choice. At our local airport and just needed to blow my nose before the flight. Went in the wrong semi circular hall way and into a stall for some paper. Suddenly became aware of many female voices. I sat in there until I thought I might not make it through the security line in time. I finally just bolted and shrugged my shoulders to the first lady I saw and said, "I can't believe I did that" Turns out a whole women's sports team was there. Got nothing but laughter from Mrs. scotee.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in the universe! lol.

It's a heck of a thing, right? The mind runs through options. Do I lift my feet above the sight line under the stall door? No, my abs may give out or I might dip my arse below the water line. So that's out. Hey, maybe I should spread eagle my legs and prop them up against the stall door. Nope, that would require getting my pants off of at least one leg and besides, the slumping down to reach the door would dive my shirt tail into the water. Besides, if I end up naked from the waist down in the ladies room this thing is going to end very badly.

Do I clear my throat in the attempt to sound female-like?

To my surprise, there was an actual couch in there. Why? Have never once seen this in a men's room. What's up with that?

"Hey Herbie, let's go to the men's room and sit on the nice couch."

What the heck do women DO in there? And WHY do they so often go in there in pairs?

"Herbie, l need to powder my nose. Come with me."

One more thing struck me that night. The lid had been lifted. In the name of humanity - WHY? Men should be the lid-lifters and they rarely remember to. And I get why. They fail on this one cause it's messy to fly in there like a bat out of hell, straining to land it before the cramps win the race, only to plunge waist deep into a watery abyss. So we men hedge our bet on that one - sort of an insurance policy. We're actually investing in our future.

So I clearly remember a lifted lid and a couch. And I still don't understand why.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in the universe! lol.

It's a heck of a thing, right? The mind runs through options. Do I lift my feet above the sight line under the stall door? No, my abs may give out or I might dip my arse below the water line. So that's out. Hey, maybe I should spread eagle my legs and prop them up against the stall door. Nope, that would require getting my pants off of at least one leg and besides, the slumping down to reach the door would dive my shirt tail into the water. Besides, if I end up naked from the waist down in the ladies room this thing is going to end very badly.

Do I clear my throat in the attempt to sound female-like?

To my surprise, there was an actual couch in there. Why? Have never once seen this in a men's room. What's up with that?

"Hey Herbie, let's go to the men's room and sit on the nice couch."

What the heck do women DO in there? And WHY do they so often go in there in pairs?

"Herbie, l need to powder my nose. Come with me."

One more thing struck me that night. The lid had been lifted. In the name of humanity - WHY? Men should be the lid-lifters and they rarely remember to. And I get why. They fail on this one cause it's messy to fly in there like a bat out of hell, straining to land it before the cramps win the race, only to plunge waist deep into a watery abyss. So we men hedge our bet on that one - sort of an insurance policy. We're actually investing in our future.

So I clearly remember a lifted lid and a couch. And I still don't understand why.

I might have been better off if I had needed to #1 as I would have noticed no urinals on the wall. At the gate the lady that saw me was sitting near by. I took a little comfort in her look of amusement which was way better than the "you dirty old man" scowl that I was expecting.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Ha! You're not alone Reason. What's wrong with equal opportunity facilities? Seen women using the men's johns at sporting events and concerts. When the line is to long for them to use their own.

Out to dinner as well. Had to do the standup business, so headed off. Guess I took the first door I came to. The first clue should have been no urinals, but that small attention to detail escaped me. Standing in the stall doing the business, in comes a couple older gals. Sort of momentarily freeze. What now? They were chattering away about women stuff. This could take awhile, and really did not want to listen in on the conversation. Wrapped things up and threw open the stall door with authority. A small gasp. Went to the sink, washed my hands, offered up a smile, and strolled out like I was a boss. They didn't say a word.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Ha! You're not alone Reason. What's wrong with equal opportunity facilities? Seen women using the men's johns at sporting events and concerts. When the line is to long for them to use their own.

Out to dinner as well. Had to do the standup business, so headed off. Guess I took the first door I came to. The first clue should have been no urinals, but that small attention to detail escaped me. Standing in the stall doing the business, in comes a couple older gals. Sort of momentarily freeze. What now? They were chattering away about women stuff. This could take awhile, and really did not want to listen in on the conversation. Wrapped things up and threw open the stall door with authority. A small gasp. Went to the sink, washed my hands, offered up a smile, and strolled out like I was a boss. They didn't say a word.

"I'm identifying as female today" :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Pull up a chair and stick around. This is the most sensible part of WRX besides the Classic Golf and Golfers forum. Say any subject that is on your mind at any time.. LOl "on topic" there is no such animal here. So welcome and I will tell you I am the resident Redneck and Redneck Engineer on here. So many great minds on here you can actually learn something no joke

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

This was my FIL's (RIP) philosophy. Enter any room like you own the place!

Wow - several of us have BTTWB. (Been to the wrong bathroom.)

Now here's two more that totally escape me.

We've all seen these eyelash curlers, right? They look like a something on Frankenstein's operating tray. So tell me this. What keeps the eye lashes from springing right back to their uncurled state within five minutes? Do they spray themselves right in the face with hair spray?

Another one. "Powder my nose". First of all we all know they prefer phrasing it that way versus saying, "Hey I'm feeling a peaker and it's time to set one free. I'm touching cloth here,"

Fine.

But there's no "nose powder" that I can find anywhere on the shelves or in that montage of Frankenstein hardware in our bathroom. There's that round biscuit shaped pad doo-dad that's all stained up with whatever that sludge is under it. There's some sort of little bottle with a tube and a mini blood pressure bulb on the end of it. There;s other smallish glass bottles with a removable tapered top filled with various flavors of Kool Aide I suppose. There's something called a curling iron which I think they get from their doctor and I don't want to know anything more than that about it. There are these flattened Q-tip doo dads and those are also tinted with goo like the bigger biscuit thing. Some of them are golf pencils. So maybe they play putt-putt in the ladies room. I dunno.

No "nose powder". Have checked carefully and none of it says "nose powder". Have seen baby powder - nothing for the nose specifically.

I think they put some of it on their underwear and not the face. There's something called foundation garments and I think there's a makeup that goes with it.

And these hair sprays. Why would I apply something intended to hold my hair in place called "White Rain"? I thought rain just ruined a lady's do?

If they're putting white rain on their heads, what do they put under their arms?

Isn't Maybelline found on the periodical chart? It's an element, right?

Naw. Just one of those life occurrences when one has to make a decision based on circumstances. To own the moment, or let the moment own you.

Now what really annoys me is the chatty types while standing. I'm there to take care of business and get out. Don't need to be conversational with total strangers. In addition, don't get the whole bathroom attendant thing either. Rarely to never circulate to joints that have attendants. They want to hand you a moist towel, cologne of your persuasion is available for splashing, whatever. Available for a fee and/or tip. Kinda creeps me. Fella doesn't like paying to take a leak. Maybe why I have no inclination to join a country club. Bathroom attendants.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I painted a bathroom.

Yep we call it a "Honey Do" list--------- Trust me if you are married you will get one we all do

This was my FIL's (RIP) philosophy. Enter any room like you own the place!

Wow - several of us have BTTWB. (Been to the wrong bathroom.)

Now here's two more that totally escape me.

We've all seen these eyelash curlers, right? They look like a something on Frankenstein's operating tray. So tell me this. What keeps the eye lashes from springing right back to their uncurled state within five minutes? Do they spray themselves right in the face with hair spray?

Another one. "Powder my nose". First of all we all know they prefer phrasing it that way versus saying, "Hey I'm feeling a peaker and it's time to set one free. I'm touching cloth here,"

Fine.

But there's no "nose powder" that I can find anywhere on the shelves or in that montage of Frankenstein hardware in our bathroom. There's that round biscuit shaped pad doo-dad that's all stained up with whatever that sludge is under it. There's some sort of little bottle with a tube and a mini blood pressure bulb on the end of it. There;s other smallish glass bottles with a removable tapered top filled with various flavors of Kool Aide I suppose. There's something called a curling iron which I think they get from their doctor and I don't want to know anything more than that about it. There are these flattened Q-tip doo dads and those are also tinted with goo like the bigger biscuit thing. Some of them are golf pencils. So maybe they play putt-putt in the ladies room. I dunno.

No "nose powder". Have checked carefully and none of it says "nose powder". Have seen baby powder - nothing for the nose specifically.

I think they put some of it on their underwear and not the face. There's something called foundation garments and I think there's a makeup that goes with it.

And these hair sprays. Why would I apply something intended to hold my hair in place called "White Rain"? I thought rain just ruined a lady's do?

If they're putting white rain on their heads, what do they put under their arms?

Isn't Maybelline found on the periodical char? It's an element, right?

Don't know if Maybelline is on the Periodic Chart of the Elements. I have misplaced my chart and can not use it for reference. Aw I can't lie to you I misplaced it some 45 years ago. But Maybelline must have been some gal because Chuck Berry wrote a song about her and half blew up his Ford chasing her. Love the line in the song " Got it up to 104 ole Ford got hot and would do no more" Just like a Ford

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)