Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Drove to the course yesterday around 1:00 pm. Drank a coffee with the manager, she said 16 guys played on Monday. Guys were supposedly coming out around 4:00. Walked nine with only my adjustable iron. The course was muddy, wet, and very sloppy. I played the first two holes from the tees, hitting the adjustable iron maximum 130 yards carry, balls plugging.

Walked the last seven, teeing off around 120 yards from the hole. Much more enjoyable, had a couple pars playing as par 3. Surprisingly, my feet stayed dry with the Etonics that I sprayed with clear Rustoleum, to seal them last fall. (Stu, yes I do have a little redneck in me, and proud of it.)

Felt good getting out, but my back bothered me a bit when I got home.

Advil time.

Well Wriggs I am going to make you sick with envy--- It was 71 today which tied the Feburary record--- It was my "short day" so I left real early and was back on the yard at 08:30. Was at the house at 9:15---- Of course got a 12:30 tee time. My new to me Jones bag came today so I switched everything over which is not hard for me since I do not carry that much stuff. Love that bag it does not have a stand looks old school and is rigid enough the cart attendants do not choke the living s**t out of it. Clubs do not tangle either and it has only 3 dividers which is old school and the curtains go all the way to the bottom. The VIPs look sexy in it too--- Played several balls as this was basically a practice round for me. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 70s and then for the weekend it starts cooling down again

Good for you. The Jones bags are great for the retro golfer. I have two, a three tone grey, white, and blue, with red handles, was advertised as a US Open bag, and a black and white one. Used the black and white one all last year, the bag still looks like new.

I may have remarked that I got a Walter Hagen Sunday bag from Ebay late last fall. I had one 15 years ago, bought new at Dicks. Really a comfortable bag for a minimalist walker like myself. Seems even too light with 6 clubs, I'll carry 7 with it.

Hopefully, I'll get out to golf more this month. At least it's February. The Masters is only two months away. I'll wear my green jacket for watching the festivities. (Maybe, even my "new" yellow golf pants.)

Doesn't take much to amuse me.

Take care, gents.

I might make some more pimento cheese spread and have a Masters party. It's got to be better than the Super Bowl!

Meet up at the Grille?

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

The day after...

A thick coating of ice everywhere! Fortunately no wind as of yet to compound problems. It will probably take me 45 minutes to get the car cleaned off this morning!

We had to travel to Brantford last night for my MRI. Allowed over an hour to make a 35 minute journey. The highway was fine, but there were several abandoned vehicles in the ditch including a tractor trailer that had gone off the road through a guard rail into a grove of trees! Probably the worst two patches we had to contend with were our driveway and the parking lot at the hospital.

Take care! Accidental ice skating is dangerous. I remember one Christmas vacation that we traveled to my folks place in Walla Walla and there was an ice storm. You could literally not stand up when you went outside. My pickup was coated with over 1/4 inch of ice and you could not open the doors to get it started. Lucky we were on a break from work and did not need to go anywhere. No such problem this winter. Knock on wood.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

A teaser breezy 81 degrees here today. Back to normal tomorrow........high 55.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

No idea what is happening in the Grille, this is supposed to be the pl post, lost somewhere up there.

Anyway

Pleasurable

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Drove to the course yesterday around 1:00 pm. Drank a coffee with the manager, she said 16 guys played on Monday. Guys were supposedly coming out around 4:00. Walked nine with only my adjustable iron. The course was muddy, wet, and very sloppy. I played the first two holes from the tees, hitting the adjustable iron maximum 130 yards carry, balls plugging.

Walked the last seven, teeing off around 120 yards from the hole. Much more enjoyable, had a couple pars playing as par 3. Surprisingly, my feet stayed dry with the Etonics that I sprayed with clear Rustoleum, to seal them last fall. (Stu, yes I do have a little redneck in me, and proud of it.)

Felt good getting out, but my back bothered me a bit when I got home.

Advil time.

Well Wriggs I am going to make you sick with envy--- It was 71 today which tied the Feburary record--- It was my "short day" so I left real early and was back on the yard at 08:30. Was at the house at 9:15---- Of course got a 12:30 tee time. My new to me Jones bag came today so I switched everything over which is not hard for me since I do not carry that much stuff. Love that bag it does not have a stand looks old school and is rigid enough the cart attendants do not choke the living s**t out of it. Clubs do not tangle either and it has only 3 dividers which is old school and the curtains go all the way to the bottom. The VIPs look sexy in it too--- Played several balls as this was basically a practice round for me. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 70s and then for the weekend it starts cooling down again

Good for you. The Jones bags are great for the retro golfer. I have two, a three tone grey, white, and blue, with red handles, was advertised as a US Open bag, and a black and white one. Used the black and white one all last year, the bag still looks like new.

I may have remarked that I got a Walter Hagen Sunday bag from Ebay late last fall. I had one 15 years ago, bought new at Dicks. Really a comfortable bag for a minimalist walker like myself. Seems even too light with 6 clubs, I'll carry 7 with it.

Hopefully, I'll get out to golf more this month. At least it's February. The Masters is only two months away. I'll wear my green jacket for watching the festivities. (Maybe, even my "new" yellow golf pants.)

Doesn't take much to amuse me.

Take care, gents.

I might make some more pimento cheese spread and have a Masters party. It's got to be better than the Super Bowl!

Meet up at the Grille?

Sounds like a plan. We can do like they do in the tournament threads and keep a running commentary

in the Grille. Sergio won't dare hurt the greens at Augusta.

SLED Gemini

No idea what is happening in the Grille, this is supposed to be the pl post, lost somewhere up there.

Anyway

Pleasurable

pl posts are flighty and fickle. You never know when they will disappear or metamorphose.

SLED Gemini

37 Thirty Seven (how many work days till retirement) :golfer:

When you're retired you can___________

Get up at 5:00 am, and enjoy the fact that you don't have to go to work.

Isn't that the truth! Now that I don't have to be up at that time or there abouts I have no trouble waking up then via internal alarm clock. Mind you, when you get up every couple of hours or so to use the toilet there doesn't seem to be much need for a clock...

Training yourself to ignore it, knowing there is not much to expell is the way to go. I refuse to disturb my comfortable position in bed to do something I know I can ignore. Let the mind tell you it’s not happening and after while it works. Have not disturbed myself for a long time.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Isn't that the truth! Now that I don't have to be up at that time or there abouts I have no trouble waking up then via internal alarm clock. Mind you, when you get up every couple of hours or so to use the toilet there doesn't seem to be much need for a clock...

Training yourself to ignore it, knowing there is not much to expell is the way to go. I refuse to disturb my comfortable position in bed to do something I know I can ignore. Let the mind tell you it’s not happening and after while it works. Have not disturbed myself for a long time.

Can it be ignored? DEPENDS :taunt:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Great quote today by Huey Lewis at Pebble Beach.

"I can play better than this, I just have never done it"

That's funny and true. It's out there somewhere though, right? Just hasn't happened yet.

I have this recurring golf dream, had it for years it seems. Different golf courses, get on the tee, usually the last one to tee off in a foursome with I don't know who. Get ready to hit the ball, and I never get to actually tee off, same thing over and over. I'm about ready to walk into this dream which I seem to have every 3 or 4 months with a club and a ball and say, ok, step aside, I'm hitting this one (cool) I have no idea what this dream means or why i don''t get to actually hit the ball, but it's always the same- need some golf dream analysts here...

Can it be ignored? DEPENDS :taunt:

Not peed the bed yet.

Been close though.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I ordered my Grille meal, chicken sausages, beetroot salad with spinach, roasted walnuts and feta cheese. Lamb cutlets with feta and snow peas. Lemon wedges. Risoni with a lemon dressing and sour dough bread sticks.

Tammy and Cyndie were perfection for a change and found a good red to go with it. Was going to watch the golf but finished the bottle of wine and fell asleep.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I ordered my Grille meal, chicken sausages, beetroot salad with spinach, roasted walnuts and feta cheese. Lamb cutlets with feta and snow peas. Lemon wedges. Risoni with a lemon dressing and sour dough bread sticks.

Tammy and Cyndie were perfection for a change and found a good red to go with it. Was going to watch the golf but finished the bottle of wine and fell asleep.

Fabulous looking meal there tol, you could make a painting out of that one. Can almost taste it from way over here, even though it's over what, 9,000 miles away? But by Grille it's only 100 mm

Fabulous looking meal there tol, you could make a painting out of that one. Can almost taste it from way over here, even though it's over what, 9,000 miles away? But by Grille it's only 100 mm

Indeed! That's a summer photo that I can abide by!

I have missed your foodie photos, tol. For me at least they really do being a sense of warm summery weather with the sumptuous meal set out on the patio with wicker table and chairs. I think that's the part of Florida I miss the most.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I have one burning ambition, to bring all the regular Grille members together for a feast and golf festival.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Indeed! That's a summer photo that I can abide by!

I have missed your foodie photos, tol. For me at least they really do being a sense of warm summery weather with the sumptuous meal set out on the patio with wicker table and chairs. I think that's the part of Florida I miss the most.

We enjoy our outdoor eating, being sub tropical we can do it for the whole 12 months

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Calling on Reasy!

Here's a look into the footwork used by some of the greats of the past contrasting it to what is taught today. http://www.golfwrx.com/532898/the-magic-of-the-left-heel/

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

What a difference a day makes. The ice is all gone after a system passed through with balmy temperatures and plenty of rain. Of course, with a quick moving system there was some wind and with the wind came some tree damage. I woke up this morning to find a sizable Locust branch hooked across a hydro line between buildings. It took about an hour of fiddling and several aborted attempts before I could get the thing down and drag if off to a burn pile at the back of the farm. No more balmy temperature either as it was cold and snowing with a stiff wind the whole time. Two more weeks to go before we head south. :yes:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Calling on Reasy!

Here's a look into the footwork used by some of the greats of the past contrasting it to what is taught today. http://www.golfwrx.c...-the-left-heel/

I won't presume to speak for da Judge but........ Ok yes I will :) Having heard him speak many times about the damage to his back done by the X factor business I will guess that he will like this as another back saving move that fits right in with the oily wrists swing Just my wild guess.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Calling on Reasy!

Here's a look into the footwork used by some of the greats of the past contrasting it to what is taught today. http://www.golfwrx.com/532898/the-magic-of-the-left-heel/

There is so much dissension in how to swing a golf club.

The first thing to remember is everyone’s body is completely different, evern identical twins have substantial differences, so teach what you like but the fact is your body will tell you what it wants. So a basic movements can be learned but it appears to me that the individual coaches think you have to do it exactly as they teach. This is something I always go back to, my days as a Judo coach. We used to teach the basic technique as prescribed by the Japanese masters, in a demonstration or when performing theoretical moves for a grading examination, they had to be by the book, this relates to the golf coach at the range, when fighting in a competition the body took over and altered the basic movement to suit the individual. How is this any difference to golf, well in my mind it is not. Learn the basics but when driving the crap out of a ball from the first tee the body will take over no matter how much training you have had and the minor differences will happen. We used to practice a throw thousands of times so that in the teaching environment it was always performed the same, when you have some one hanging on to you trying to smash you to the floor the body will naturally change the movement to take account of changed circumstances. Cannot see any difference with golf.

The problem is with today’s technology, some wannabe coach will examine the slow motion replay of a successful pro swing and pull it apart even though they are winning competitions. What the swing is is what it will be, natural movement dictated by the bodies conformation will always take over.

Feel free to disagree.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I don't think it's good to compare other sports to golf. For one, in golf you have zero interaction physically

with your opponent(s). Also, golf is not an intuitive sport. Relying on a "natural swing" is why 90% of golfers

can't legitimately break 100.

I agree that each golfer will swing the golf club in their own unique way but that does not mean that the unique

way is what came natural to them at first. Their unique way is their unique way of adapting to what is

necessary to hit a golf ball successfully.

So, IMO, when a golfer feels under pressure and reverts back to "something"; that something isn't necessarily

a reversion back to what was natural for them and likely is just reversion back to their most recent swing fault.

SLED Gemini

Whoa! I just ate a couple ours ago but seeing that feast made me hungry.

Lamb cutlets with feta? Now ye talkin.

Cheers, grillsters ; )

You guys see this?...

my swing is my swing. Good or bad,i can do it at my age without being in traction after a round,or feeling like

I got hit by a defensive tackle ! I try to keep mine simple and smooth,with acceleration thru the ball,into the finish.

Most of the time it works. When I rush it I dont fret,worry,or get zoned out ,because I know that on the next tee

i will concentrate on a nice smooth swing. I dont hit it far...and I sometimes dont hit it straight. But I can hit it,go

get it and hit it again,without a lot of back pain. Which is why I won't change it,fool with it,mess it up. It is pain free

and allows me to play this dumb game. Just my .30 worth !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

my swing is my swing. Good or bad,i can do it at my age without being in traction after a round,or feeling like

I got hit by a defensive tackle ! I try to keep mine simple and smooth,with acceleration thru the ball,into the finish.

Most of the time it works. When I rush it I dont fret,worry,or get zoned out ,because I know that on the next tee

i will concentrate on a nice smooth swing. I dont hit it far...and I sometimes dont hit it straight. But I can hit it,go

get it and hit it again,without a lot of back pain. Which is why I won't change it,fool with it,mess it up. It is pain free

and allows me to play this dumb game. Just my .30 worth !

“Swing Your Swing”

“Not Some Idea of A Swing”

“Not A Swing You Saw On TV”

“Not That Swing You Wish You Had”

“No! Swing Your Swing”

“Capable of Greatness, Prized Only By You”

“Perfect In Its Imperfection”

“Swing Your Swing”

“I Know I Did!”

Arnold Palmer

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Rad is correct that i use to have a natural swing. Drives a lot farther. But I have evolved to this one,due to getting older

and having so much lower back pain after a round that I had trouble standing up the next day. I dont hit it nearly as far

but at least I dont have the pain,and I can still play this dumb game !

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)