Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Magna Carta Magna Carta Magna Carta

Marco

Anyone gonna try the new Callaway Magna oversized ball?

Well, this is the Grille............maybe when they release a 4 piece urethane covered "Tour" Magna.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Spent most of the morning at the ER. After my friend picked me up for work, when we got in the parking lot, (it was still dark) I got out of the car and took a few steps and slipped backwards on the ice. I hit the back of my head really hard on the pavement and it bounced off, nearly knocking me out. Several people helped me into the lobby where they called the squad. My wife met me there at the ER. Had to have a CAT scan done, which showed everything was OK. We were there from 7:30 to 11:30, you don't get thru ER in a hurry. So I just now got up from sleeping. Man, everything musclewise in my back and neck is sore, which it wasn't before, should be an interesting couple of days...

That is the most dangerous fall apart from the top of your head that you can have, you are bloody lucky you are still with us, someone was looking after you. Take it easy, do not rush back to work, no need now! Just make sure you are well enough to go and get really drunk at your leaving party.

Keep us posted on your recuperation and once again take it easy.

I liked the post because you are recovering with lots of DW love.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Spent most of the morning at the ER. After my friend picked me up for work, when we got in the parking lot, (it was still dark) I got out of the car and took a few steps and slipped backwards on the ice. I hit the back of my head really hard on the pavement and it bounced off, nearly knocking me out. Several people helped me into the lobby where they called the squad. My wife met me there at the ER. Had to have a CAT scan done, which showed everything was OK. We were there from 7:30 to 11:30, you don't get thru ER in a hurry. So I just now got up from sleeping. Man, everything musclewise in my back and neck is sore, which it wasn't before, should be an interesting couple of days...

Sixty I can't bear to give this a like! Man I hope you are going to be well! Thoughts and prayers your way. This is NOT how retirement is supposed to go! I am looking to you to break the trail for me. Be well.

The trail is well and truly broken, go and see the crack in the sidewalk.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Doubtful. If I was to find one in the wild, I'd give it a whack. But not going to drop coin to buy any Magna's. Don't want the .04" oversize affecting my decision on whether to leave in the pin or not. Now if they're reported to be game changers.......

Wish I still had the sleeve of the old Dunlop 65 British small balls I was given years ago. Smaller the ball, easier to roll into the cup.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Whaaaaaat? Geez. That's a bad fall. Only good news being it could have been so much worse. Dot dot dot

Rest up Pardo. And "NO" - you don't get another two strokes for this one. I do have the good news of offering you my patented finger pull cure. Alien ships optional. :).

Doubtful. If I was to find one in the wild, I'd give it a whack. But not going to drop coin to buy any Magna's. Don't want the .04" oversize affecting my decision on whether to leave in the pin or not. Now if they're reported to be game changers.......

Wish I still had the sleeve of the old Dunlop 65 British small balls I was given years ago. Smaller the ball, easier to roll into the cup.

Magna? Haven't heard that name for awhile. Wasn't that a Top Flite? The one that did not curve as much in the wind? What does physics say? I took physics and I still don't know but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Flag in? Flag out? Lip in? Lip out? Rad call somebody. I need to know the advantages and disadvantages.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Well here's the ph-ph-ph-ph-isics of it all.

Ya see, there's a constitution of remagnification whereby mass times the cube root of velocity reaches linear declines. At that point, the law of elastic speculum retention converts from Kelvin to logarithmic. Since no two modulus vestibules can occupy the same Paraclete, there must exist a one-for-one exchange of heat energy to wheat fibril tricosis. As verified by the AMF Lane wax II, gases are chromtatagraphically discharged as the ball fluidizes it's dynamic covalent bondage.

Let me know if you need any more on the subject. :).

Magna? Haven't heard that name for awhile. Wasn't that a Top Flite? The one that did not curve as much in the wind? What does physics say? I took physics and I still don't know but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Flag in? Flag out? Lip in? Lip out? Rad call somebody. I need to know the advantages and disadvantages.

My services are suddenly in high demand. Make no allowance for the size of the ball. Carry

on as if you had a normal size ball because .04 inch extra ball diameter is .01 the diameter

of the hole.

SLED Gemini

Ya see, there's a constitution of remagnification whereby mass times the cube root of velocity reaches linear declines. At that point, the law of elastic speculum retention converts from Kelvin to logarithmic. Since no two modulus vestibules can occupy the same Paraclete, there must exist a one-for-one exchange of heat energy to wheat fibril tricosis. As verified by the AMF Lane wax II, gases are chromtatagraphically discharged as the ball fluidizes it's dynamic covalent bondage.

You fairly well expressed a major key to golf.................keep the ball in bondage.

SLED Gemini

Very clear explanation.

:(

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Butt...........That may be true for general relativity but what happens on the micro level? Quantum change could be in store if you can string that all together. Imagine a golf world where there is no Flick, Haney, Harmon or TGM or religion too? Just a unified theory of everything. Mind blown!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Butt...........That may be true for general relativity but what happens on the micro level? Quantum change could be in store if you can string that all together. Imagine a golf world where there is no Flick, Haney, Harmon or TGM or religion too? Just a unified theory of everything. Mind blown!

Einstein was working on a Grand Unification Theory in the latter years if his life. Heisenberg

thought he was misguided but I side with Einstein.

SLED Gemini

Tol, looking nice down there in Adelaide. I'm watching the ladies on TV playing down there live

in the ISPS Handa. I always like watching live golf in Australia. Late night prime time viewing here.

SLED Gemini

Mrs Tol sends her best wishes, I had a similar fall when we moved into this house, the outdoor tiles had not been treated and were like ice when wet, I ended up on my back but fortunately my Judo training made me lift my head as I hit the floor so all I got was embarrassment.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Tol, looking nice down there in Adelaide. I'm watching the ladies on TV playing down there live

in the ISPS Handa. I always like watching live golf in Australia. Late night prime time viewing here.

Unfortunately they don’t show.much ladies golf over here and when they do it’s normally on expensive pay TV which we do not have.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Aah the subject of telephone paraphernalia...

My uncle was a regional manager for Bell. We managed to get a few perks from that relationship. WE had this huge old oak desk that came from an office building when they modernized and it sat in the kitchen. Big old country kitchen; you can envision the sight. That's where our phone sat and it happened to be one of those switchboard style with the pushbuttons on the bottom so that you could access different lines. The barn was on a separate line from the house.

The upstairs phone sat on one of those telephone benches. Ours was metal; steel legs painted black, in fact that looked as though it was part of a kitchen set as the table top was arborite with the chrome edge trim. The arborite and vinyl seat coverings were a fine pink and black pattern. There was a basket attachment under the table to hold the telephone books. Very 1950's. It didn't really match anything upstairs, but there it sat at the top of the stairway on the landing in a small alcove.

--------------------------------------

I think that I may have posted this before, so apologies for that if I have, but this sums up the old rotary phone in the eyes of most youngsters today:

Telephone books there is a blast from the past, stopped issuing those two years ago in Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

LMAO - The command Radro has over his choice of words suggested he's either "the man", or is at the very least connected to whomever "they" are. My mistake has always been having low friends in high places. He's clearly made much better choices and now makes the call.

///////////

Not to worry Sixty (and Tol). It's a given anytime we share an experience about the seemingly impossible, a piece of our soul is suddenly out there heretofore kept quiet. Kinda like dropping trou in the public square. Here in the Grille, were a little more comfortable in expressing ourselves, humor-wise as well as experiences from the past. It's how we roll. And it's all good. :)

///////////

Agree with Scomacer about limiting indoor putting to 5 footers and less. Will adjust my own indoor work to that versus random mixes of shorter putts with 10-12 footers (and longer in the upstairs hallway).. If I'm going to keep falling into the same trap, might as well get the best bang for the buck, right? To help avoid the raw boredom factor Fella speaks of (which is very real), I'll try applying the "knock-nudge" and "ball-to-ball" drills to try keeping it interesting.

///////////

Wriggs - Ancestors on my Dad's side started the first phone company in an area not too far from Sixty and Bill. They literally ran the telephone lines and installed phones in homes and managed a switchboard (and operator). This leaves me heir to old glass insulators, tools used to set/splice phone lines, and one of the old wooden box wall mounted phones much like the one Andy Griffith used in his kitchen to call Sarah (local operator) and get connected to someone in particular. There wasn't a ton of money to be made on it back then. Once an entire county was online, the total population of users would all fit into one good sized school building. Not a ton of revenue in it for all the work done. So 'Sarah' simply plugged one caller's wire into another's hole on the switchboard completing the circuit. Inside the wooden box (phone) was a small hand crank generator. It made enough juice to ring a bell on the other end. Sarah's bell would ring, she'd hear the caller ask for a specific connection, plug your call in to the right hole, and turn her hand crank to ring that connection. Two cranks might be Farmer Ben. Three with a pause followed by two more cranks might be Tom's Feed and Seed. This gave rise to actual phone numbers once the rotary dials came along. The family eventually sold the business to what became "Ma Bell". As said, nobody got rich on the deal but at least they didn't go broke. They also leased parts of their farms to natural gas producers who placed gas wells on their property. They were always looking for ways to supplement the farm - and surviving the depression era and such.

Oh, and FWIW, everyone was on the "the party line" originally. Several neighboring properties all shared a common phone line. It's was the number of rings (cranks) that signaled who the call was aimed at. So, neighbors were easily able to listen in on things - no doubt giving early rise to that gossip factor you mentioned.

Anywho I appreciate the family phone-based furniture. Put a big smile on this face and got me thinking bout the family stories and handful of handed down doo-dads here. Thanks for that!

Remember the party lines well, dads first phone was a rotary dial with a party line, only one other person on it though. Everyone would pick up and whoever it was for carried on, we had a good neighbour who never tried to listen in. It was possible to know if they had not hung up.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Mrs Tol sends her best wishes, I had a similar fall when we moved into this house, the outdoor tiles had not been treated and were like ice when wet, I ended up on my back but fortunately my Judo training made me lift my head as I hit the floor so all I got was embarrassment.

Tell DW tol thank you.

My football training told me I forgot to wear my helmet. Did a lot of tossing and turning last night, mostly turning, not sure how tossing fits into that very well. I think I'm going to take today off as well, feel quite stiff, especially in the upper back, neck area.

Does the logarithmic conversion work for lumberjacks? Is the elastic speculum the same elastic used by Hanes? Is that AMF Lane Wax II used on bowling alleys, or is that only #1? Does this whole concept work on leap year?

Tell DW tol thank you.

My football training told me I forgot to wear my helmet. Did a lot of tossing and turning last night, mostly turning, not sure how tossing fits into that very well. I think I'm going to take today off as well, feel quite stiff, especially in the upper back, neck area.

You may not be old and past it but neither are you a spring chicken so TAKE IT EASY, have the extra day off, at our age, ancient, it takes longer for the body to heal, one more day to be safe.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Einstein was working on a Grand Unification Theory in the latter years if his life. Heisenberg

thought he was misguided but I side with Einstein.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: General Theory and Quantum Mechanics does explain the dynamics of how we apply force to a golf ball, how it reacts at the sub-atomic level, as the object moves through the space/time continuum, into a hole in the ground. While Unification Theory would furnish a grand explanation for such phenomena in the physical world, does not change the observable results of the experiment.

And provides no anser's to the role of the human mind in the function. GT can't mathematically explain the Yips. We have to look to the Behaviorists. (Screw Freud and his psychoanalysis mumbo jumbo.) Whereby, conditioning occurs through interaction with the environment. Responses to environmental stimuli shape our actions. The yips are caused by to much negative stimuli. A conditioned response. Improve chipping or putting prowess by increasing the positive reinforcement variables. The physics of how electrons flow through the central nervous system got nothing to do with it.

As always, the "Powers that Be" have the definitive last word on the subject.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Geez Louise, Sixty, life is never dull with you around! Glad to hear that you're OK; no worse for wear than a knock on the head and a few sore muscles. Work will get along without you for another day or two. They better get used to it because the big day is not far off now!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Tell DW tol thank you.

[media=]

[/media]

Sixty, glad you checked out OK in the ER from the fall. You'll be stiff and sore for some time, but that's the least. Just take it easy, may take a week or more, though.

Thanks to all for the kind comments and reminiscing about the old days of telephones. My Aunt Mildred had a party line well into the 1980's. In fact, I don't know if she ever had a private line. If so, only because the phone company discontinued party lines. When the phone company or the government allowed people to buy phones, Mom and Aunt Mildred continued to rent phones for several years from AT&T. Nothing could budge them towards a modern phone. I recall scouring yard sales to find old rotary phones, found three in my travels, and turned two in to AT&T to stop the rental charges. Unbelievable, how the company profited by renting those indestructible phones. Aunt Mildred's phone dated from the 1950's, and Mom's, from about 1970. Mom's needed "free" replacement that year.

The missus was going to leave the gossip bench out for trash. That's why I cleaned it up. Fortunately, she got interested in the project, otherwise, dire consequences for the old memorabilia. I'm glad it's being enjoyed after ten years of gathering dust.

Take care, gents.

Got notification last night that #2 son will be changing jobs again. I can't say that it's a surprise because he has not been happy where he was for some time now. He hurt his back during the holidays and it has been causing him a lot of grief being outdoors pruning in winter weather. I wonder if this may have been the tipping point.

He'll be moving to a much smaller winery performing a broader role. Perhaps the best feature is that his commute has been reduced from an hour to a bit more than 10 minutes. That and the fact that his dog is welcome at the winery. He's taking a reduction in pay, so that says about all you need to know about the current situation.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

It would be around 25 years ago when DW had her first mobile phone, it was not very mobile but at least it gave her peace of mind with the long car journies she did, back and forth to work and dropping and collecting son from child minders. The car we had then was not very reliable and she had to be rescued a few times.

The phone was not a carry around and it was in the car boot when the car was parked. The picture below is self explanatory.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

It would be around 25 years ago when DW had her first mobile phone, it was not very mobile but at least it gave her peace of mind with the long car journies she did, back and forth to work and dropping and collecting son from child minders. The car we had then was not very reliable and she had to be rescued a few times.

The phone was not a carry around and it was in the car boot when the car was parked. The picture below is self explanatory.

A friend of mine that was a livestock exporter had a built-in car phone back in the early 80's. There was a big black box installed underdash and the handset was similar to the one pictured above. The of course there was this huge CB like antenna that was mounted on the trunk of the car.

He spent a lot of time on the road and it allowed him to conduct business while he was driving. That's a big no-no in this day and age with distracted driving legislation, but back then it was just normal operating procedure. It was just rare to see it.

The traveler for the AI company had one in his truck too. He said that he would always pull over to the side of the road to take a call because it would often involve taking an order that had to be written down otherwise the details would be forgotten.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Happy Greeting Card and Florist Day to my fellow Grillesters. :)

SLED Gemini

Good point. Heading out this morning to do the shopping for a special meal for DW. I'll add flowers to the list! :good:

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Was just watching a video on Youtube of

by the other major golf social media site at the PGA Show in Orlando.

Plenty of mutual back slapping going on, but they did get to a couple of pertinent points regards equipment and the manufacturers. They spent some time talking about commenters on their social media channels and how the same names always show up with negative commentary, suggesting that they maybe corporate plants assigned the task of following social media and promoting the company line.

Not everything is the way it necessarily appears in the murky world of corporate affairs.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)