Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @BicknellCC said:

> > I'm not gonna speak about my laptop, cause I don't wanna jinx the ole girl.

> > My father in law and his wife sre in the process of moving as well. They still own the two story house with the 3 car garage and 2 small barns that they filled with various "good stuff" over the years. over the past few weeks we have filled a semi trailer dumpster, and helped them sort things into keep and sell. I think the sell pile needs to get larger unless they want to walk through their new diggs on a narrow path with stuff stacked to the ceiling on both sides.

> > Managed to play in the noon game Saturday. Shot 79 and came out ahead a few bucks. 3 of us went back out and walked the front again. managed a 3 bogie 1 birdie +2 from the whites. Funny how being 10-15 yards closer on a hole can make it play easier.

>

> Sounds like you're on your way to that under 10 HC you've been

> working for. Congrats on the good play Bick!

Thanks Rad,

The course drying out has helped some with the added roll on tee shots, but my overall game seems to have improved this season.

I still hit a few stupid shots every round, but have a lot more confidence in my putting. Sinking a long putt can make up for a bad shot or two. I still have a lot of room for improvement, so I'll keep plugging away.

• Like 2

My daughter lives in Arkansas,and I had a package delivered to me today from her. An early birthday gift. A new M4 driver. I have not had a NEW driver since the old R9 . Got a badly

used R1 cheap, less than 50 bucks.....The R9 was almost new. This M4 still has the plastic over the head.

I will have to get out and try it tomorrow or Thursday. I won a new Srixon 585 last year and demoed it. It definitely was not for me. No way even close. We will see how this works.

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> My daughter lives in Arkansas,and I had a package delivered to me today from her. An early birthday gift. A new M4 driver. I have not had a NEW driver since the old R9 . Got a badly

> used R1 cheap, less than 50 bucks.....The R9 was almost new. This M4 still has the plastic over the head.

> I will have to get out and try it tomorrow or Thursday. I won a new Srixon 585 last year and demoed it. It definitely was not for me. No way even close. We will see how this works.

Sounds like you raised a very nice daughter!

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

I noticed WRXers are getting promoted. I guess we need to start

clicking the promote box for each other, lol.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Well, I clicked everyone's promote box on their profile page but

the number didn't change but it added promote to their activity

and then it went away when I went back to their page. I guess

we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> I noticed WRXers are getting promoted. I guess we need to start

> clicking the promote box for each other, lol.

Yeah, I got this email and clicked the blue box to check it out. It went to my profile page that all looked the same including a statement at the bottom that "not much happening in here" :D

y6mj5uhl690t.png

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

> @scotee said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @billh17 said:

> > > Was playing in a yearly outing,money to charity type. Well,a lot of guys were ,shall we say,having a few along the way.

> > > We were sitting on the tee,waiting to hit,on a Par 4,all down hill. We had a clear view of the fairway,and these two guys got out of the cart,and one was taking his pre shot moves, when their cart started rolling. We could see it from way up on the hilltop,but they apparently did not notice it until it had a real good start off to their left side. They took off after the cart,gaining on it,until it came to the REALLY steep area,and it took off,with one guy falling

> > > and rolling down the hill,. Ended up the cart in the pond,one guy with a bruised arm,the other almost had a stroke from the run,and twelve guys from around the course rolling on the ground laughing !

> >

> > My buggy took off one day but I was fast enough to catch it, made me check the brake several times before I walked away afterwards. A failure to stop it would have been wet.

>

> I may have told my golf cart story before. I can’t remember. I was moving my cart home from my cart shed at our local muni in the town where I worked. I loaded it on the tilt bed trailer but did not have the cinch strap that I used to tie it down. The front wheels sit down in a well at the front of the trailer so it is pretty secure especially with the brake on. I did not have anything else to tie it with so I just headed up the road 10 miles to my house in the country. I turned off of the highway less than a mile from home and went about 500 ft. when I looked in the rear view mirror just in time to see the cart go off the back of the trailer and follow me at 45 miles an hour for a short way and then make a sharp right turn, go down into a little ditch and then up a steep dirt bank and roll over at least once with pieces of plastic flying off.

>

> I was so stunned and flustered that I put the car in reverse to quickly get back to the wreck and completely forgot about the trailer which I could not see without the cart on it. I jackknifed the trailer and tore a big gash in the rear quarter panel of the Chevy Suburban. I got it loaded and ended up having it taken to the place I had purchased it at. It was a used 1993 reconditioned gas Club Car. it was reconditioned once again. I was not happy! Try explaining that to your insurance agent! I think that my golf shoes were on the seat and must have fallen off when I went over a small bump in the road and hit the gas peddle which would have unlocked the brake. I still have the cart and learned a lesson. In hindsight I should have at least taken off my belt to strap the cart to the trailer. If I had been really thinking quickly I could have hit the brake to keep the thing from going off of the trailer but it all happened so fast and yet so much in slow motion. I re-lived that scene for weeks but was so glad it did not happen on the highway and that no one was hurt.

I don't remember you telling this story before. Those were some

calamitous mishaps! Last year I pulled into the yard at work to

load my stuff into my tractor. It was dark out and when I finished

I promptly backed my pickup into another tractor. Didn't hurt

the tractor but broke my tail light, bent my rear quarter panel

and tail gate.

I don't know what the final repair cost was but it did cost me

a $500 deductible. Just a flat out brain fart.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scotee said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > Got my temporary caps Monday, a week ago. I'm scheduled for August 19, for the permanent. I hope I make it to then, not breaking the temps.

> > This certainly is the summer of mishaps for all the guys here.

> > Best Wishes to all.

>

> Wriggs, hope they do a great job on your teeth. It was nearly always a good day for my patients when they got the final crowns. Some of the new materials for all porcelain crowns are really good now.

>

>

Yesterday, while eating a hamburger patty and a bun, (cut up) the temporary cap just fell off into my plate. Kind of funny, actually. Called the dentist, which they got me in at 3:00 pm (4 hours later, very happy about it.) The lady technician reglued the crown. The dentist office is within walking distance, so no big deal.

Being more careful than ever now. Ate a sandwich last night, a muffin this morning, and broke it up first. Not complaining, but it's going to be a long 19 days.

Ordered a cheap shaft (stiff flex available only) from RBG for my broken Optiforce driver, and a aftermarket adapter from Ebay. Assembled the items late last week. I was going to trim the 46" shaft a couple inches, but I decided to just grip it. Left it dry a couple days, and was off to the course on Saturday. After a couple horrible slices into the woods, I slowed my tempo down, and began to crunch it. I'm not kidding. My usual drive NEVER goes over 230, when I'm lucky, mostly 190-220. I'm pacing off 240, 250, 260. Unbelievable performance. I realize that the fairways are getting harder, and bounce and roll plays a major part, but it's felt good driving the ball like that. I feel like Tiger Woods.

I've read that people with slower swing speeds have better performance with the 46"+ shafts than the pros. That driver is long with the 46 inch shaft uncut.

Sunday and Monday, still getting at least 20-30 yards more than previous.

Doubt it will continue, but I'm really enjoying this. I actually overshot the green with my wedge approach shots a couple times.

WOW! Try it, you might be surprised.

Play well, guys.

• Like 2

Okay anyone know anything about fireplaces? I have a grate that is screwed under the back two legs, a flat piece of metal goes under and behind the back wall. Am guessing it is also screwed behind back of wall. Any ideas on how to remove? I got a hack saw but that will be a total pain since there is little room to move. Also I can lift the grate up from front only an inch or so, the back just a little tilt. I checked the innerweb and found only one answer and the guy said his handyman took it out quickly, and that was it. Could call fireplace store but am thinking they would just say we'll be right out.

• Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

> @Wriggles said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> > > Got my temporary caps Monday, a week ago. I'm scheduled for August 19, for the permanent. I hope I make it to then, not breaking the temps.

> > > This certainly is the summer of mishaps for all the guys here.

> > > Best Wishes to all.

> >

> > Wriggs, hope they do a great job on your teeth. It was nearly always a good day for my patients when they got the final crowns. Some of the new materials for all porcelain crowns are really good now.

> >

> >

>

> Yesterday, while eating a hamburger patty and a bun, (cut up) the temporary cap just fell off into my plate. Kind of funny, actually. Called the dentist, which they got me in at 3:00 pm (4 hours later, very happy about it.) The lady technician reglued the crown. The dentist office is within walking distance, so no big deal.

> Being more careful than ever now. Ate a sandwich last night, a muffin this morning, and broke it up first. Not complaining, but it's going to be a long 19 days.

> Ordered a cheap shaft (stiff flex available only) from RBG for my broken Optiforce driver, and a aftermarket adapter from Ebay. Assembled the items late last week. I was going to trim the 46" shaft a couple inches, but I decided to just grip it. Left it dry a couple days, and was off to the course on Saturday. After a couple horrible slices into the woods, I slowed my tempo down, and began to crunch it. I'm not kidding. My usual drive NEVER goes over 230, when I'm lucky, mostly 190-220. I'm pacing off 240, 250, 260. Unbelievable performance. I realize that the fairways are getting harder, and bounce and roll plays a major part, but it's felt good driving the ball like that. I feel like Tiger Woods.

> I've read that people with slower swing speeds have better performance with the 46"+ shafts than the pros. That driver is long with the 46 inch shaft uncut.

> Sunday and Monday, still getting at least 20-30 yards more than previous.

> Doubt it will continue, but I'm really enjoying this. I actually overshot the green with my wedge approach shots a couple times.

> WOW! Try it, you might be surprised.

> Play well, guys.

I agree with your premise Wriggs. My driver is 45.5 inches long.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @Wriggles said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> > > Got my temporary caps Monday, a week ago. I'm scheduled for August 19, for the permanent. I hope I make it to then, not breaking the temps.

> >

> > Wriggs, hope they do a great job on your teeth. It was nearly always a good day for my patients when they got the final crowns. Some of the new materials for all porcelain crowns are really good now.

> >

> >

>

> Yesterday, while eating a hamburger patty and a bun, (cut up) the temporary cap just fell off into my plate. Kind of funny, actually. Called the dentist, which they got me in at 3:00 pm (4 hours later, very happy about it.) The lady technician reglued the crown. The dentist office is within walking distance, so no big deal.

> Being more careful than ever now. Ate a sandwich last night, a muffin this morning, and broke it up first. Not complaining, but it's going to be a long 19 days.

> Ordered a cheap shaft (stiff flex available only) from RBG for my broken Optiforce driver, and a aftermarket adapter from Ebay. Assembled the items late last week. I was going to trim the 46" shaft a couple inches, but I decided to just grip it. Left it dry a couple days, and was off to the course on Saturday. After a couple horrible slices into the woods, I slowed my tempo down, and began to crunch it. I'm not kidding. My usual drive NEVER goes over 230, when I'm lucky, mostly 190-220. I'm pacing off 240, 250, 260. Unbelievable performance. I realize that the fairways are getting harder, and bounce and roll plays a major part, but it's felt good driving the ball like that. I feel like Tiger Woods.

> I've read that people with slower swing speeds have better performance with the 46"+ shafts than the pros. That driver is long with the 46 inch shaft uncut.

> Doubt it will continue, but I'm really enjoying this. I actually overshot the green with my wedge approach shots a couple times.

> Play well, guys.

I can tell you the nuts and bolts of why that driver works for you---- Actually it is physics and it has all to do with tip flex. With it longer and untipped even with a shorter swing you are getting more bottom end flex or kick. Bottom end kick is what elevates the ball. People in the main forums have thought I was crazy for stating this. Swing Speed overall has nothing to do with this. That has been in my bag of tricks for about 10 years now soft tipping shafts. Soft tipping and adding weight in the correct place makes them kick. Looks like you hit the proper combo. I learned this by experimenting with the old TT S 300 High Launch shafts

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @Qqq123xx said:

> Okay anyone know anything about fireplaces? I have a grate that is screwed under the back two legs, a flat piece of metal goes under and behind the back wall. Am guessing it is also screwed behind back of wall. Any ideas on how to remove? I got a hack saw but that will be a total pain since there is little room to move. Also I can lift the grate up from front only an inch or so, the back just a little tilt. I checked the innerweb and found only one answer and the guy said his handyman took it out quickly, and that was it. Could call fireplace store but am thinking they would just say we'll be right out.

Sorry Q, can’t help you but your post made me think of an old story. A guy jumps out of a plane and pulls the ripcord on his parachute and nothing happens. He pulls the reserve cord and nothing. As he plummets down he sees a guy coming up fast. As they pass he yells “YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PARACHUTES?” The guy yells back “NO! YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLEMAN GAS LANTERNS?"

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

There would have to be a screw head or something available for you to work on as if it was behind the wall the only way would be to remove the fireplace, have installed fireplaces before when renovating my first house these fixings are usually only a safety feature to stop the grate moving when the fire is on, I never locked them in and never had a problem. Sometimes there is also a slot that fits over screws and only requires the grate to be lifted vertical as a unit. That’s my bit, best of luck.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Qqq123xx said:

> Okay anyone know anything about fireplaces? I have a grate that is screwed under the back two legs, a flat piece of metal goes under and behind the back wall. Am guessing it is also screwed behind back of wall. Any ideas on how to remove? I got a hack saw but that will be a total pain since there is little room to move. Also I can lift the grate up from front only an inch or so, the back just a little tilt. I checked the innerweb and found only one answer and the guy said his handyman took it out quickly, and that was it. Could call fireplace store but am thinking they would just say we'll be right out.

I have 2 fireplaces, but my grates are freestanding. Sounds like you don't have a fireback then. The back wall of the fireplace I assume is either stone or brick? Can you attach some pics? They probably just intended it to be a stationary grate. Shouldn't be any reason why it can't be unattached. Can you get a dremel tool into that area? That would cut it if you could.

One reason for stationary grates is pre-positioning of grate for safest area of fire (heat) in relation to fireplace walls, and also in relation to exit of heat up the chimney. Sometimes people just plain put their grate closer to the front than they should, or put the wood off to one side, etc, so they attach it. You don't see this often, but that could be a reason. A fireback is nice because it reflects the heat off the back wall. An insert with a fan is nice too, especially if you have a separate chimney system going up through your existing chimney, kinda like a wood burning stove system, only it's an insert. Anyway, that wasn't your question.

• Like 2

As you are aware, son has broken his leg skiing, this obviously resulted in visits to the doctor and a referral to an orthopaedic specialist.

Received his referral and on the bottom it stated, Father has dementia, Mother has atrial fibrillation. Now this is wrong on so many fronts, the main one being why would they put information about DW and myself on the bottom of his form and also the incorrect medical information which in the case of Demetria could cause all sorts of problems.

After son contacted them about it, it was said there is no dementia listed anywhere on my medical records, many years ago we used this practice, and DWs AF has gone as a result of the ablation which their practice told us she could not have as it would not work, our new doctor arranged it.

They said all fixed, but I can say without any dispute, it is not finished, they are going to have to have an explanation as to where this information came from, results pending.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @Wriggles said:

> > @scotee said:

> > > @Wriggles said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> Play well, guys.

A female dentist in A smaller town where I lived until 2001 urged me to have thar kind of plastic contraption in my mouth that stops you from wriggle your teeth when sleeping, dont know the english word for it. Then i moved to where I live now. Our kids were tiny, life was upside down and i got a lousy dentist, so I continued to grind my teeth for another 13 years or so before I went to see the dentist my better half visits when one of my teeth simply crashed. And she looked in my mouth and kind of yelped. Now four of my teeth have been pulled out, titan all over the place, I have root fillings(correct word?) in three other and has that plastic stuff on my teeth when I sleep. Tooth ache is the worst and I have seen a lot of it the last couple of years. So if anyone has some teeth material left, listen to your dentist when they tell you to take measures.

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Qqq123xx said:

> > Okay anyone know anything about fireplaces? I have a grate that is screwed under the back two legs, a flat piece of metal goes under and behind the back wall. Am guessing it is also screwed behind back of wall. Any ideas on how to remove? I got a hack saw but that will be a total pain since there is little room to move. Also I can lift the grate up from front only an inch or so, the back just a little tilt. I checked the innerweb and found only one answer and the guy said his handyman took it out quickly, and that was it. Could call fireplace store but am thinking they would just say we'll be right out.

>

> I have 2 fireplaces, but my grates are freestanding. Sounds like you don't have a fireback then. The back wall of the fireplace I assume is either stone or brick? Can you attach some pics? They probably just intended it to be a stationary grate. Shouldn't be any reason why it can't be unattached. Can you get a dremel tool into that area? That would cut it if you could.

> One reason for stationary grates is pre-positioning of grate for safest area of fire (heat) in relation to fireplace walls, and also in relation to exit of heat up the chimney. Sometimes people just plain put their grate closer to the front than they should, or put the wood off to one side, etc, so they attach it. You don't see this often, but that could be a reason. A fireback is nice because it reflects the heat off the back wall. An insert with a fan is nice too, especially if you have a separate chimney system going up through your existing chimney, kinda like a wood burning stove system, only it's an insert. Anyway, that wasn't your question.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Yeah some pics would help. Granted scandinavian fireplaces might been done differently. But lets have a look.

Btw are ”tiled stoves”(trusting goo translate)common in your countries? Rather popular here. Either remaining in an older house or newly built. I had one built when we moved in to where I live now. Love it.

• Like 2

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > > @Wriggles said:

> > > > Got my temporary caps Monday, a week ago. I'm scheduled for August 19, for the permanent. I hope I make it to then, not breaking the temps.

> > > > This certainly is the summer of mishaps for all the guys here.

> > > > Best Wishes to all.

> > >

> > > Wriggs, hope they do a great job on your teeth. It was nearly always a good day for my patients when they got the final crowns. Some of the new materials for all porcelain crowns are really good now.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yesterday, while eating a hamburger patty and a bun, (cut up) the temporary cap just fell off into my plate. Kind of funny, actually. Called the dentist, which they got me in at 3:00 pm (4 hours later, very happy about it.) The lady technician reglued the crown. The dentist office is within walking distance, so no big deal.

> > Being more careful than ever now. Ate a sandwich last night, a muffin this morning, and broke it up first. Not complaining, but it's going to be a long 19 days.

> > Ordered a cheap shaft (stiff flex available only) from RBG for my broken Optiforce driver, and a aftermarket adapter from Ebay. Assembled the items late last week. I was going to trim the 46" shaft a couple inches, but I decided to just grip it. Left it dry a couple days, and was off to the course on Saturday. After a couple horrible slices into the woods, I slowed my tempo down, and began to crunch it. I'm not kidding. My usual drive NEVER goes over 230, when I'm lucky, mostly 190-220. I'm pacing off 240, 250, 260. Unbelievable performance. I realize that the fairways are getting harder, and bounce and roll plays a major part, but it's felt good driving the ball like that. I feel like Tiger Woods.

> > I've read that people with slower swing speeds have better performance with the 46"+ shafts than the pros. That driver is long with the 46 inch shaft uncut.

> > Sunday and Monday, still getting at least 20-30 yards more than previous.

> > Doubt it will continue, but I'm really enjoying this. I actually overshot the green with my wedge approach shots a couple times.

> > WOW! Try it, you might be surprised.

> > Play well, guys.

>

> I can tell you the nuts and bolts of why that driver works for you---- Actually it is physics and it has all to do with tip flex. With it longer and untipped even with a shorter swing you are getting more bottom end flex or kick. Bottom end kick is what elevates the ball. People in the main forums have thought I was crazy for stating this. Swing Speed overall has nothing to do with this. That has been in my bag of tricks for about 10 years now soft tipping shafts. Soft tipping and adding weight in the correct place makes them kick. Looks like you hit the proper combo. I learned this by experimenting with the old TT S 300 High Launch shafts

Makes sense, Stu. Hope it continues to work for me. I walked 11 holes yesterday, on the third hole, I crunched the drive on a par four, pacing off 262 yards. Unbelievable, paced off a couple 225-230, actually was disappointed. Haven't played with anyone who'd see the results, though.

Play well!

• Like 2

> @Hankshank said:

> > @Wriggles said:

> > > @scotee said:

> > > > @Wriggles said:

> > > > Got my temporary caps Monday, a week ago. I'm scheduled for August 19, for the permanent. I hope I make it to then, not breaking the temps.

> > > > This certainly is the summer of mishaps for all the guys here.

> > > > Best Wishes to all.

> > >

> > > Wriggs, hope they do a great job on your teeth. It was nearly always a good day for my patients when they got the final crowns. Some of the new materials for all porcelain crowns are really good now.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yesterday, while eating a hamburger patty and a bun, (cut up) the temporary cap just fell off into my plate. Kind of funny, actually. Called the dentist, which they got me in at 3:00 pm (4 hours later, very happy about it.) The lady technician reglued the crown. The dentist office is within walking distance, so no big deal.

> > Being more careful than ever now. Ate a sandwich last night, a muffin this morning, and broke it up first. Not complaining, but it's going to be a long 19 days.

> > Ordered a cheap shaft (stiff flex available only) from RBG for my broken Optiforce driver, and a aftermarket adapter from Ebay. Assembled the items late last week. I was going to trim the 46" shaft a couple inches, but I decided to just grip it. Left it dry a couple days, and was off to the course on Saturday. After a couple horrible slices into the woods, I slowed my tempo down, and began to crunch it. I'm not kidding. My usual drive NEVER goes over 230, when I'm lucky, mostly 190-220. I'm pacing off 240, 250, 260. Unbelievable performance. I realize that the fairways are getting harder, and bounce and roll plays a major part, but it's felt good driving the ball like that. I feel like Tiger Woods.

> > I've read that people with slower swing speeds have better performance with the 46"+ shafts than the pros. That driver is long with the 46 inch shaft uncut.

> > Sunday and Monday, still getting at least 20-30 yards more than previous.

> > Doubt it will continue, but I'm really enjoying this. I actually overshot the green with my wedge approach shots a couple times.

> > WOW! Try it, you might be surprised.

> > Play well, guys.

> A female dentist in A smaller town where I lived until 2001 urged me to have thar kind of plastic contraption in my mouth that stops you from wriggle your teeth when sleeping, dont know the english word for it. Then i moved to where I live now. Our kids were tiny, life was upside down and i got a lousy dentist, so I continued to grind my teeth for another 13 years or so before I went to see the dentist my better half visits when one of my teeth simply crashed. And she looked in my mouth and kind of yelped. Now four of my teeth have been pulled out, titan all over the place, I have root fillings(correct word?) in three other and has that plastic stuff on my teeth when I sleep. Tooth ache is the worst and I have seen a lot of it the last couple of years. So if anyone has some teeth material left, listen to your dentist when they tell you to take measures.

>

Don't know whether you read how I broke my two front teeth. Somehow, I was walking down the fairway, putting a headcover on my driver while it was in a Sunday bag slung over my shoulder, and the driver slapped me, badly chipping my two front teeth. I'm waiting patiently until August 19 to get my permanent crowns.

You're correct, a tooth ache IS the worst.

• Like 2

This is funny, the annual 690 mile long, 6 state yard sale down route 127 starts today through August 4th. I was just telling my DW the other day that August is boring because it has nothing special in it to celebrate or do. So it starts off with a bang with a giant yard sale, imagine the junk you could snag from this thing...

http://www.127yardsale.com/

• Like 2

> @Hankshank said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @Qqq123xx said:

> > > Okay anyone know anything about fireplaces? I have a grate that is screwed under the back two legs, a flat piece of metal goes under and behind the back wall. Am guessing it is also screwed behind back of wall. Any ideas on how to remove? I got a hack saw but that will be a total pain since there is little room to move. Also I can lift the grate up from front only an inch or so, the back just a little tilt. I checked the innerweb and found only one answer and the guy said his handyman took it out quickly, and that was it. Could call fireplace store but am thinking they would just say we'll be right out.

> >

> > I have 2 fireplaces, but my grates are freestanding. Sounds like you don't have a fireback then. The back wall of the fireplace I assume is either stone or brick? Can you attach some pics? They probably just intended it to be a stationary grate. Shouldn't be any reason why it can't be unattached. Can you get a dremel tool into that area? That would cut it if you could.

> > One reason for stationary grates is pre-positioning of grate for safest area of fire (heat) in relation to fireplace walls, and also in relation to exit of heat up the chimney. Sometimes people just plain put their grate closer to the front than they should, or put the wood off to one side, etc, so they attach it. You don't see this often, but that could be a reason. A fireback is nice because it reflects the heat off the back wall. An insert with a fan is nice too, especially if you have a separate chimney system going up through your existing chimney, kinda like a wood burning stove system, only it's an insert. Anyway, that wasn't your question.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> Yeah some pics would help. Granted scandinavian fireplaces might been done differently. But lets have a look.

>

> Btw are ”tiled stoves”(trusting goo translate)common in your countries? Rather popular here. Either remaining in an older house or newly built. I had one built when we moved in to where I live now. Love it.

No way to download pics to computer. Old flip phone with no computer hook up. Have started looking for a this century phone. The back two legs are butted up right against back wall. Walls look brick, light color, but feel like ceramic. Back and sides move a bit but fireplace is like 35 years old and don't wanna mess with walls to much. Think I am going to just prop up front and try to pry the screws out or just try and separate enough to cut screws. Yeah sounds like funtown. Thanks for all the help gents.

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

> @tolmij said:

> There would have to be a screw head or something available for you to work on as if it was behind the wall the only way would be to remove the fireplace, have installed fireplaces before when renovating my first house these fixings are usually only a safety feature to stop the grate moving when the fire is on, I never locked them in and never had a problem. Sometimes there is also a slot that fits over screws and only requires the grate to be lifted vertical as a unit. That’s my bit, best of luck.

Thanks. Can lift front up a bit but back comes up in front of legs only a bit. Will try your idea and see if I can slide legs off of screws. Hopefully.

• Like 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

> @SixtySomePing said:

> This is funny, the annual 690 mile long, 6 state yard sale down route 127 starts today through August 4th. I was just telling my DW the other day that August is boring because it has nothing special in it to celebrate or do. So it starts off with a bang with a giant yard sale, imagine the junk you could snag from this thing...

> http://www.127yardsale.com/

Yep it starts up in your neck of the woods and runs through Tennessee , Georgia and Alabama. Had a friend of mine that I raced with do that from the Tennessee to Alabama side. I remember he filled up a 20 ft box truck and a 30 ft enclosed race car hauler and did not get half way through the thing. One of their side things was selling at flea markets. I have seen the "event" on TV

Edit I did not realize until I read your link that it actually starts in Michigan and does include Kentucky.

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @SixtySomePing said:

> This is funny, the annual 690 mile long, 6 state yard sale down route 127 starts today through August 4th. I was just telling my DW the other day that August is boring because it has nothing special in it to celebrate or do. So it starts off with a bang with a giant yard sale, imagine the junk you could snag from this thing...

> http://www.127yardsale.com/

If you're looking for junk, come to my place. We did all the downsizing and sorting before we moved or so I thought. Not so as I have about 8 medium shipping boxes packed with household goods awaiting pickup on Sunday by the Diabetic Society. Worst part is that we're not totally unpacked yet! ?

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I can attest to looking after your teeth when the dentist urges. I suffered from periodontal disease for a number of years before I got the courage (and cash) to get it treated. I had 6 surgeries over about 18 months and everything has been good for close to 10 years now. My smile looks a bit funny, but I still have most of my teeth. No more issues with cavities or cracking either.

I spent a small fortune in the process, just wish that I got on it sooner. The price that I paid for being a pack-a-day smoker for 25 years.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Step up step up!...and drink from the Grille fountain of youth. It's all

coming back; distance, accuracy and putts dropping like bird turds

on a park bench......and here we thought it's been a quiet summer in

the Grille. Little did we know what was coming...........and Sixty still

hasn't lost a match; while Wriggs crushes 260 yard drives and Bill

hits laser-like approach shots and Bickster.....nothing but cup, baby!

Ya know, as Tol mightily said......ya just keep golfing like you're gonna

be golfing forever.....cause you just don't know.....that water in the

fountain might just be alive!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @scomac2002 said:

> I can attest to looking after your teeth when the dentist urges. I suffered from periodontal disease for a number of years before I got the courage (and cash) to get it treated. I had 6 surgeries over about 18 months and everything has been good for close to 10 years now. My smile looks a bit funny, but I still have most of my teeth. No more issues with cavities or cracking either.

>

> I spent a small fortune in the process, just wish that I got on it sooner. The price that I paid for being a pack-a-day smoker for 25 years.

Like I tell my patients. (or used to tell them) You don't have to brush and floss all your teeth.................just the ones you want to keep. :)

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)