Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

https://www.target.c...oe/-/A-53101252

I'll bargain shop like the next guy. Golf shoes especially. Have paid way too much for them in the past and couldn't say one single stroke was gained or lost. When spikes went out-the-window, I finally gave up all searches and would get out of the car in New Balance or whatever I had on and just play.

The link above - good value - comfy - feels good on these puppies. And I can now report they don't add or take away one stroke either, but sure feel good.

No mo' $150-200+ golf shoes here. Could buy a lot of shart pills for that kind of cash. :wave:

So any of you OGAers want to talk rules changes? I'm mostly in agreement with the proposed changes.........But.........how did they not fix the obviously most unfair rule of all? Ball in a divot in the fairway. I don't get it. Easy call. Make it ground under repair. Free drop. Done. I hear-by start an OGA protest and signature gathering effort. Signed:

scotee

I heard the reason they won't change it is because no one can define when a divot is no longer a divot

in a practical way that can be determined on the spot, quickly, in a serious tournament.....and golfers

will want to take drops if there's any visible disturbance in the turf where their ball sits.

As far as I'm concerned, for us in casual play, we'll play by whatever rules we agree on at the first tee, lol.

Hey if it is an OGA event we ain't got to agree on but one rule "Do what ever you want to" No one in this bunch gives two rips

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Anyone alter their grip and/or swing to play certain short game shots?

Yep there are a couple of little flops where I loop the club or figure 8 it under the ball. In fact I need to practice that have not done it in a while. There is also a little shot where Around the green in thick grass I do where basically I stick the leading edge in the ground and stop it. That is known as a chop pop straight out of the book of Trevino. As far as grip I use the same grip> I did claw grip putting for a while and may go back to it

Rad is going to get the blame for this but it turns out good. He was talking about the Pro Launch Blue shafts the other night. I knew I had one in the shop> Went out there Friday and found it. I had a plan> I put it in a V-Steel 5 wood--- That thing is a cannon!!! It launches good and high. I can actually carry it further than I can any of my 3 woods. Took out my V-Steel 4 wood but I am looking for a PL to go in it and maybe the 3 wood too. Thanks Rad you got the brain into gear

Rad is going to get the blame for this but it turns out good. He was talking about the Pro Launch Blue shafts the other night. I knew I had one in the shop> Went out there Friday and found it. I had a plan> I put it in a V-Steel 5 wood--- That thing is a cannon!!! It launches good and high. I can actually carry it further than I can any of my 3 woods. Took out my V-Steel 4 wood but I am looking for a PL to go in it and maybe the 3 wood too. Thanks Rad you got the brain into gear

That seems to be a good shaft. Got that in my 5 wood as well.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Lamkin wedge grips from gap wedge on down Rad. They are at least an inch longer than standard. Allow me to choke down while maintaining the same feel in the bottom hand. I usually play with a standard grip on most shots, but have been know to weaken and strengthen my grip (sometimes knowingly and other times unknowingly).

PD - A while-ago back we were talking about irons with graphite shafts. Knowing you've BTDT thought I'd ask... What would you expect when a steel shafted iron head is given a new graphite? Any hugely noticeable difference is swing weight feel, trajectory, anything?

There are graphite profiles to match nearly all steel profiles. I have 105, 95, 85, 75 and 65 gram graphite shafts installed in 5 different sets. The 105's are a lower launching stout shaft, the 65's are a higher launching shaft. Finding the right swing weight is as much art as it is science. A D2 iron in one set-up may not feel the same in another set-up.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Anyone alter their grip and/or swing to play certain short game shots?

Yep there are a couple of little flops where I loop the club or figure 8 it under the ball. In fact I need to practice that have not done it in a while. There is also a little shot where Around the green in thick grass I do where basically I stick the leading edge in the ground and stop it. That is known as a chop pop straight out of the book of Trevino. As far as grip I use the same grip> I did claw grip putting for a while and may go back to it

Used that chop shot out of a rough lie a few times and one of my golfing friends says it’s a rubbish shot the rarely works. I love it as it pops the ball up nicely and does not run on.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I have been driving past this scene on my way to work. This field is usually planted in wheat or barley. This year they put in a crop of Canola seed. They harvest the dry pods and thrash them with a combine machine as they do with wheat. At full bloom it is a stunning site to drive around the corner and see this in real life. Interesting that when we moved to the Northwest from So Cal. we rented the little house near the middle of the 1st pic. We paid just $100/month for two years before we bought and restored another larger farm house not far from there. Next time you use Canola oil you will know what the crop looks like. I have also seen a crop of mustard seed grown up here and it looks almost the same but produces hot spicy seeds.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I'm happy to see the PL Blue love. It's a great shaft...…………..and CHEAP!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I have been driving past this scene on my way to work. This field is usually planted in wheat or barley. This year they put in a crop of Canola seed. They harvest the dry pods and thrash them with a combine machine as they do with wheat. At full bloom it is a stunning site to drive around the corner and see this in real life. Interesting that when we moved to the Northwest from So Cal. we rented the little house near the middle of the 1st pic. We paid just $100/month for two years before we bought and restored another larger farm house not far from there. Next time you use Canola oil you will know what the crop looks like. I have also seen a crop of mustard seed grown up here and it looks almost the same but produces hot spicy seeds.

Nice commute! So nice up there.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

Nice commute! So nice up there.

We have had nice rain this spring and things have stayed green. It will soon turn hot and brown.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Stunning colours scotee

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

https://www.target.c...oe/-/A-53101252

I'll bargain shop like the next guy. Golf shoes especially. Have paid way too much for them in the past and couldn't say one single stroke was gained or lost. When spikes went out-the-window, I finally gave up all searches and would get out of the car in New Balance or whatever I had on and just play.

The link above - good value - comfy - feels good on these puppies. And I can now report they don't add or take away one stroke either, but sure feel good.

No mo' $150-200+ golf shoes here. Could buy a lot of shart pills for that kind of cash. :wave:

Guess it is safe to come into the daylight ! I have been playing golf in Rockport walking shoes for four years now...more comfortable...no loss

of traction...and a lot cooler on the feet.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Done with golf specific shoes as well. Been playing this year in a pair of Asics Gel Venture 6 athletic shoes. Super comfortable, good fit, a traction sole every bit as aggressive as any spikeless shoes I've had or seen, and inexpensive when purchased online (Kohl's) with available discounts. Furthermore, can actually find athletic shoes that have a look I find acceptable. Many of the golf shoes I see these days are not my style (to put it mildly), let alone anything that I want to spend $100+ on.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Lol the looks of the newer shoes a few years ago was what got me to experimenting with different types of shoes.

Golf shoes were just getting silly with the prices going up with no improvement over the previous years offering.

Some of the styles were so bad that i was stunned when i saw YOUNGER golfers wearing them ! They look like

they would glow in the dark.

I found that regular tennis shoes worked as well as golf shoes,cost about 1/3 as much...and then progressed to the Rockports

since those were my favorite brand. Worked out well.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Still have an older pair that are more water resistant for rainy-day golf. But the older I get the less I play in the rain. So like you guys, it's more about common sense spending. A golf towel... OK, it has that eyelet doo-dad so we can hang it on the bag. We pay too much for it but fine. Golf umbrella... I guess that wider diameter is worth it when needed, so I've paid for that one. But the shoe thing... I'm done.

Old Reason does the same thing with "training aid" stuff. I can make more happen with dowel sticks, velcro straps, cheap closet mirrors, and a roll of masking tape than I can with $1000 worth of doo-dads sold to supposedly "help" us. There are so MANY things a man can quickly and easily fashion from the simplest things to tune up his game...if he wants to.

Still have an older pair that are more water resistant for rainy-day golf. But the older I get the less I play in the rain. So like you guys, it's more about common sense spending. A golf towel... OK, it has that eyelet doo-dad so we can hang it on the bag. We pay too much for it but fine. Golf umbrella... I guess that wider diameter is worth it when needed, so I've paid for that one. But the shoe thing... I'm done.

Old Reason does the same thing with "training aid" stuff. I can make more happen with dowel sticks, velcro straps, cheap closet mirrors, and a roll of masking tape than I can with $1000 worth of doo-dads sold to supposedly "help" us. There are so MANY things a man can quickly and easily fashion from the simplest things to tune up his game...if he wants to.

I still like at least the placebo security of spikes on my golf shoes. That rules out sneakers and walkers. I do have a pair of spikeless golf shoes that are fine but not my favs.

Training aids. Guilty. I have a collection. Some are better than others. I have also made my own on several occasions. There is something rewarding about going to Home Depot and making something for less to beat the system. Then I add it all up and say "wait a minute, that cost almost as much as ordering the real thing" Especially if you factor time and travel into the "deal". I will do it again I am sure. :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I still like at least the placebo security of spikes on my golf shoes. That rules out sneakers and walkers. I do have a pair of spikeless golf shoes that are fine but not my favs.

Training aids. Guilty. I have a collection. Some are better than others. I have also made my own on several occasions. There is something rewarding about going to Home Depot and making something for less to beat the system. Then I add it all up and say "wait a minute, that cost almost as much as ordering the real thing" Especially if you factor time and travel into the "deal". I will do it again I am sure. :)

Nice pics earlier btw - again. Where would the next RV excursion be taking you? They say North and South Carolina isn't all bad! (little hot and humid right at the moment. The mountain areas aren't bad if you don't mind a cross-country trip to ride up and down the hillsides day and night. Some good golf in the mountain areas.

Got a pair of ceramic spike shoes right before they were no longer allowed. LMAO I think I got about four months worth out of them and that was the end of that. Would love playing in spikes again one time for old times sake. Have to confess, the greens sure are a lot smoother now that the foot-draggers can't destroy them.

There's another area of the rule book that needs serious attention. ANYTHING between your ball and the cup needing to be tamped down or fixed should not even be in question. Just fix it or not and no one need get their undies in a bunch about it. If a golfer spends too much time meticulously manicuring - put his arse on the clock for competitive play and pee on his leg if he's out with the boys playing for laughs. But this silly business of asking a rules official if it's OK to touch anything on the golfer's line of putting... pure waste of everyone's time. Just do it and let's go...LOL

Mentioned a while ago back that when putting, I tend to strike the inside tee (or ball) near the heel of the putter during the gate drill.

Now I know each of you have been sleepless and turning blue in hopes I solved it. And I'm sorry to all for leaving you each so distraught with worry about my putting. (tee-hee).

Anywho, over the last couple of days I do believe I've finally stumbled on the solution. Scotee and I talking about home-grown training aids is actually how I found it. Won't bore everyone with all the BS but just wanted to report this mystery has a solution. Everyone can now remove the oxygen tubes and return to a stress-free life. Will be more careful going forward about worrying you guys at this level. Thanks for all the cards and letters. That anonymous donation to Reason's Upsetting Putting Troubles Under Regular Evaluation (aka the "RUPTURE" fund) was money well spent.

Please don't - but thanks for the very deep concerns and contributions. All can relax now. :cheesy:

Mentioned a while ago back that when putting, I tend to strike the inside tee (or ball) near the heel of the putter during the gate drill.

Now I know each of you have been sleepless and turning blue in hopes I solved it. And I'm sorry to all for leaving you each so distraught with worry about my putting. (tee-hee).

Anywho, over the last couple of days I do believe I've finally stumbled on the solution. Scotee and I talking about home-grown training aids is actually how I found it. Won't bore everyone with all the BS but just wanted to report this mystery has a solution. Everyone can now remove the oxygen tubes and return to a stress-free life. Will be more careful going forward about worrying you guys at this level. Thanks for all the cards and letters. That anonymous donation to Reason's Upsetting Putting Troubles Under Regular Evaluation (aka the "RUPTURE" fund) was money well spent.

Please don't - but thanks for the very deep concerns and contributions. All can relax now. :cheesy:

No! You can't now leave us in the lurch wondering. How did you fix it? What contraption was required? On the edge of my seat.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Nice pics earlier btw - again. Where would the next RV excursion be taking you? They say North and South Carolina isn't all bad! (little hot and humid right at the moment. The mountain areas aren't bad if you don't mind a cross-country trip to ride up and down the hillsides day and night. Some good golf in the mountain areas.

Got a pair of ceramic spike shoes right before they were no longer allowed. LMAO I think I got about four months worth out of them and that was the end of that. Would love playing in spikes again one time for old times sake. Have to confess, the greens sure are a lot smoother now that the foot-draggers can't destroy them.

There's another area of the rule book that needs serious attention. ANYTHING between your ball and the cup needing to be tamped down or fixed should not even be in question. Just fix it or not and no one need get their undies in a bunch about it. If a golfer spends too much time meticulously manicuring - put his arse on the clock for competitive play and pee on his leg if he's out with the boys playing for laughs. But this silly business of asking a rules official if it's OK to touch anything on the golfer's line of putting... pure waste of everyone's time. Just do it and let's go...LOL

We are planning to attend a little weekend distant family reunion in North Idaho in July and then a real 2 week vacay in Sept/Oct to Utah and Az. to look at all the red rocks.

I'll bet I had the very same spiked shoes. Ceramic lifetime in white leather by Mizuno? And yes shortly before they banned them. Of course the spikes would long outlive the shoes but I didn't even get the chance to find out.

So agree on the spike marks etc. on the greens. Isn't that one rule they are fixing?

Oh and yes I would like to spend some time in the South sometime.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I think the rule is and has been reviewed, but there still remains players who will call in a rules official about touching, fixing, tamping items on the green on their putting line. The caddie for example may tend the flag but must not stand in the line of the putt when doing so. This kind of stuff is redonkulous. Just hit the dang ball rather than worry about who is "cheating". The golfer still has to make the putt, right? Silly little things in the rules just blow me away but my feeling are evidently widely shared among OGA-ers, so I'm preaching to the choir I suppose.

Those upcoming RV adventures will prove mighty nice. Have flown right over some of it. If it looks up-close anything like it does from the air, she's going to be a beaut!

YES! Mizuno golf shoes. They were the berries weren't they? I was so tired of losing and replacing spikes. Like you I barely got them broken in before the whammy was on.

The putting "solution"... will need it's own post. LMAO - I need to find fewer words so as not to rant. The solution itself is simple. The process I went through to find it... not so much. Need to write it up with focus on the former in order to limit reader suffering!

Lamkin wedge grips from gap wedge on down Rad. They are at least an inch longer than standard. Allow me to choke down while maintaining the same feel in the bottom hand. I usually play with a standard grip on most shots, but have been know to weaken and strengthen my grip (sometimes knowingly and other times unknowingly).

PD - A while-ago back we were talking about irons with graphite shafts. Knowing you've BTDT thought I'd ask... What would you expect when a steel shafted iron head is given a new graphite? Any hugely noticeable difference is swing weight feel, trajectory, anything?

There are graphite profiles to match nearly all steel profiles. I have 105, 95, 85, 75 and 65 gram graphite shafts installed in 5 different sets. The 105's are a lower launching stout shaft, the 65's are a higher launching shaft. Finding the right swing weight is as much art as it is science. A D2 iron in one set-up may not feel the same in another set-up.

That is correct because the overall balance can be different and that translates to feel. That is what lead tape is made for

I remember the old gamblers even if they were playing a "down" match where everything was down period would tap down the line of the putt. In fact some of the guys carried a heavy mallet head putter for that purpose alone not to putt with. Some of them had them drilled and lead heated and poured in. Those were also useful for snake killing and pounding in Tomato stakes in the garden.

So full disclosure. I do things in golf simply because it fascinates the living crap out of me. Some rebuilt old cars. Some whittle duck calls. I absolutely love both the HOW but even more important to me is the WHY components of all things golf. So I study stupid crap. It's embarrassing just how deep I drill. There are different levels all God's Children rely on to assimilate knowledge. Some by doing, some by aping what they see, some by mathematics, others relate to things via bodily kinetics. What all this means is we all relate to golf (from the putter to the driver) according to our own individual wiring. I pay attention to that crapola in myself and others. Then there's this whole madness about body types and the "bio-mechanics" of golf. So I've literally built human frame wire models out of pipe cleaners to see what a depth of hip turn does under the shoulders and how knee/foot work come into play. And have spent uncountable hours in front of mirrors FO and DTL trying just about anything and everything your imagination can conjure. S&T, Rotary, flat-plane, upright plane, deeper, wider, wide-to-narrow, forward press, no forward press, faster and slower tempo, rhythm, lag, less lag, you-name-it.

And...all of this over the years gets written down and even illustrated. So embarrassingly, to fully disclose here... There is easily enough stuff that would make the writings of a golf book. But I just wrote it all down and chronicled it for my own enjoyment... there's no pretense of actually publishing some book.

Strange agent this Reason guy, isn't he? (Go ahead and say it. You'll feel much better if you do! - LOL).

The putting solution... it was no different. I've known I had this tendency for quite some time. Me being me I dumped tanks in ways that you'd have to read inside my little chronicles for hours to understand.

The solution... If you've ever had a swing lesson, the instructor may well have stood DTL during your setup and done something unexpected. Often, an instructor sticks the butt end of a golf club under the lead side elbow and will sort of pry the trail elbow closer to the body. He does this because he's probably just worked with the student to get squared up. Feet, knees, hips, and shoulders. Most golfers tend to address the ball with the shoulders opened up too much simply because the trail hand is lower than the lead hand on the grip...which tends to droop the trail shoulder down and in toward the ball. Once the instructor gets a golfer squared up, he tends to lift the trail elbow up and away... normally too much so. To the golfer's eye, he "sees" the forearms and elbows looking squared up and is happy to see it. BUT, it's important to remember getting "squared" is about the feet, knees, hips, and shoulders. It's NOT about making sure both elbows are squared up. The trail elbow needs to be a little bit closer to the trail hip by a smidge compared to the lead elbow. From DTL, a good address reveals the lead arm being visible, NOT blocked by the trail arm. (It just works that way for some dumb reason).

I put an alignment stick just above my wrists - a few inches above the wrists and held it there with a small bungee cord. I had worked on and was certain I was standing as SQUARE as humanly possible. Worked my arse off making sure of it. BUT like the full swing address, I'd managed to lift that trail arm too high - too much out and away from the body compared to the lead arm. The alignment stick was pointing to the pull side. Enough so that the upcoming stroke was going to pull - just barely enough to tap that inside gate. Contact with the ball would therefore be a fraction on the toe side which typically makes a straight putt come up a little short and miss a touch to the right. (This is why I LIKE your putter btw... it's built to help with such tendencies).

So a bungee cord and an alignment stick told me my extreme efforts to get squared up were never going to solve it. Nor would grip changes, or standing with eyes over, behind, or past the ball. No amount of rhythm or tempo or other drills were ever going to find it. But the second I realized it, I was able to put a stop to it. Could even exaggerate the "fix" and suddenly start tapping the gate on the toe side.

Practiced indoors last even and saw improvement. Slept on it and went out today to the practice green. Gate drills, 20 - 30 in succession - putts of various lengths... no problem. Went to practice pitching and bunker play and came back. STILL good.

A bungee cord - to hold a stick on my forearms. BAM!

Still have an older pair that are more water resistant for rainy-day golf. But the older I get the less I play in the rain.

I actually played in the rain this past Sat. It's a lot of fun to me as long as it isn't winter..lol. Rained pretty steady for about the first 6-7 holes then cleared up a bit, hadn't played in the rain in a good while but I'm always ready to if I have a playing partner that doesn't mind it either.

I'd love to hear more about the homemade training aids! I have limited time to go to the course so I tinker around at home trying to find different ways to practice in the house. I have a few ways to practice putting but need to find a way to practice my ball-striking. Still looking at a mat/net solution for the garage but I'm not there yet.

I like a shoe with grip too. I have a pair of Ecco's with the nubs on the bottom- like Fred Couples wears, and I do slip from time to time. Even though they are very comfortable I don't wear them unless it's bone dry out. If there's any doubt I'll default to the "spikes".

The only real training aids I have are the Impact Snap- had one of the best ball striking rounds of my life after using this thing for a week, but the improvement was short lived...I tend to overdo, so what ever move I picked up I just wound up exaggerating it until I was shanking my irons...lol. I have a perfect putt that I use indoors, it's fun to kill a little time with. I like trying different things that may give me a good feel to incorporate into my swing but so many aids I have seen are so non-specific that they don't provide the input that will help me. I may be destined to stay a hack.

And through these endless deep dives on the journey - to which if I were able to 100% apply what I've learned every time up I'd be a plus golfer winning all the prize money...

The one thing I know is... I don't know everything. And here's the kicker... With a little luck, I never will know it all. It's all a cascade of "if/thens". When you "think" one part of the code is cracked, two more dirty little secrets come into focus that go with it. And THAT to me is fun of it.

At some point all the doo-dads, and chronicles, and if/thens can be set aside and it's time to just go play. The "lab" work is not playing golf. Two entirely different animals. Am I bugged all this hasn't turned me into Butch Harmon or the world's greatest golfer? Hell no! To the contrary. It's been good clean fun, no one got hurt, I wasn't out there chasing tail and it's been a blast. (Well other than that one incident with an axe. A guy said something about my gate drill and I had to do it!!!!!!)

Still have an older pair that are more water resistant for rainy-day golf. But the older I get the less I play in the rain.

I actually played in the rain this past Sat. It's a lot of fun to me as long as it isn't winter..lol. Rained pretty steady for about the first 6-7 holes then cleared up a bit, hadn't played in the rain in a good while but I'm always ready to if I have a playing partner that doesn't mind it either.

I'd love to hear more about the homemade training aids! I have limited time to go to the course so I tinker around at home trying to find different ways to practice in the house. I have a few ways to practice putting but need to find a way to practice my ball-striking. Still looking at a mat/net solution for the garage but I'm not there yet.

I like a shoe with grip too. I have a pair of Ecco's with the nubs on the bottom- like Fred Couples wears, and I do slip from time to time. Even though they are very comfortable I don't wear them unless it's bone dry out. If there's any doubt I'll default to the "spikes".

The only real training aids I have are the Impact Snap- had one of the best ball striking rounds of my life after using this thing for a week, but the improvement was short lived...I tend to overdo, so what ever move I picked up I just wound up exaggerating it until I was shanking my irons...lol. I have a perfect putt that I use indoors, it's fun to kill a little time with. I like trying different things that may give me a good feel to incorporate into my swing but so many aids I have seen are so non-specific that they don't provide the input that will help me. I may be destined to stay a hack.

Oh my friend... Scotte, me, and this gang will take you there! LMAO

Tell you what... once every few days... I'll find a way to parse a post or two down to as few words as possible about homemade training doo-dads.

Simple stuff. So many would rather NOT head down such paths and that's perfectly fine. But if you have that curiosity enough to want to try some things out... at least a couple of us here have a lot to offer. For me I want to know WHY it matters and then I'm all over it. A training doo-dad that to my way of seeing it potentially "fixes" one thing while potentially adding two more complicating/manipulating/confusing aspects to golf... I tend to pass such things right on by myself. But when it's the other way around and speaks to my tendencies... oh it's on!

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)