For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

New Clay Ballard left knee motion video gives an easy to understand perspective of proper left knee motion on the downswing squat (ala GG) with pelvic kick-up/straightening- lining up the left shoulder, left hip, and left ankle in a straight line position through impact. There's only a little lateral motion (bump) to the target. Clay however, does not seem to focus as much as GG on the importance of right knee flex/external rotation. This model is quite similar to GG's pivot, but a little simpler.

[media=]

[/media]

I worked with Kevin Weeks in 2013-14 and little in 2015. He was first one that taught me these moves, always would get on me about my left hip going to far forward and would want left shoulder, left hip, and left ankle in a straight line position through impact. He would show me video of rory and even some of Tiger. Pretty good stuff, helped me a good bit and I still use it

New Clay Ballard left knee motion video gives an easy to understand perspective of proper left knee motion on the downswing squat (ala GG) with pelvic kick-up/straightening- lining up the left shoulder, left hip, and left ankle in a straight line position through impact. There's only a little lateral motion (bump) to the target. Clay however, does not seem to focus as much as GG on the importance of right knee flex/external rotation. This model is quite similar to GG's pivot, but a little simpler.

[media=]

[/media]

I worked with Kevin Weeks in 2013-14 and little in 2015. He was first one that taught me these moves, always would get on me about my left hip going to far forward and would want left shoulder, left hip, and left ankle in a straight line position through impact. He would show me video of rory and even some of Tiger. Pretty good stuff, helped me a good bit and I still use it

How did the stuff of Kevin weeks compare to what GG taught you? Were they similar?

I never worked with George the way I did with Kevin, was only a single lesson. George didn't teach me anything on pivot. From looking at what George teaches on pivot, his is def. unique.

That's weird. The pivot seems to be the focus of George's teaching, especially for a new student.

so you've had a lesson with him?

I never worked with George the way I did with Kevin, was only a single lesson. George didn't teach me anything on pivot. From looking at what George teaches on pivot, his is def. unique.

That's weird. The pivot seems to be the focus of George's teaching, especially for a new student.

Have you?

Have you?

have you?

You'd be the first that I know of that he didn't go over the pivot with and I know three guys that have seen him. Did he just think your pivot was good? What else did you go over?

You'd be the first that I know of that he didn't go over the pivot with and I know three guys that have seen him. Did he just think your pivot was good? What else did you go over?

what did he teach you during your lesson?

I've never seen him, but I have seen the videos and notes of 3 guys who saw him and they all talked about the lower body move being the first thing that was discussed. Especially given your issues with losing tush line I would've thought his pivot would be very applicable.

I've never seen him, but I have seen the videos and notes of 3 guys who saw him and they all talked about the lower body move being the first thing that was discussed. Especially given your issues with losing tush line I would've thought his pivot would be very applicable.

I have issues with tush line?

I have issues with tush line?

Yes from the videos I've seen you have significant issues maintaining tush line. But I'm not a teacher and you still have a good move so who cares. Let's not get off topic though. What did GG teach you and what did he say about your pivot?

Trolls gonna troll. Don't take the bait. Ignore.

Great thread! I like his video on the grip... Probably the thing I struggle most with. I'd like to see a video covering not only the grip but also grip size. I have rather large hands and have always played oversized grips, but then again I can always see 3 and usually 4 knuckles on my left hand, which figures if you're holding a larger diameter grip. Fundamentals typically assume properly fitted gear. ...just can't find something that feels consistently right, despite short lived experiments with different sizes.

SLDR 9.5 w/ Speeder 757
Titleist 904f 4W w/ S300
Ping G20 17* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 85 2.0
Ping S56 5-9 w/ KBS Tour Stiff
Vokey 46, 52, 56 & 60
Ping WACK-E putter

my post was about clays video in case you didnt realize that.

Trolls gonna troll. Don't take the bait. Ignore.

Great thread! I like his video on the grip... Probably the thing I struggle most with. I'd like to see a video covering not only the grip but also grip size. I have rather large hands and have always played oversized grips, but then again I can always see 3 and usually 4 knuckles on my left hand, which figures if you're holding a larger diameter grip. Fundamentals typically assume properly fitted gear. ...just can't find something that feels consistently right, despite short lived experiments with different sizes.

your right, shouldnt even respond to them. My post was about clays video and what he was teaching. I think it was pretty good and could help others out

Maybe there's a correlation to the lower body lie that's been devastating golf? Could it be ol' CS may have been onto something all along?

I think you are right (plus a saint to out up with all of CS's bs). They exchanged some dialogue months ago on Insta and I was suprised to see how restrained and inquisitive cs remained.

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

^ that video frpm gg on the grip is money! Not exactly ground breaking information, but a nice refresher and cool to see someone go through the cause and effects of different grips. The little shots at the end at 5:50 are awesome. Great reminder feel for proper impact. I like to take some practice swings like that on the course if things start falling apart.

Grip video is good. It would be nice though to see him talk all the way through and demonstrate with a neutral and strong grip like he did fro the weak grip.

Maybe there's a correlation to the lower body lie that's been devastating golf? Could it be ol' CS may have been onto something all along?

I think you are right (plus a saint to out up with all of CS's bs). They exchanged some dialogue months ago on Insta and I was suprised to see how restrained and inquisitive cs remained.

Was down in Newport Beach for a few days late last year and strongly considered heading over to CS's place to talk some shop with him but thought better of it...and decided to play Arroyo Trabuco with the father-in-law instead.

...perhaps an opportunity lost.

sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti

Brady Riggs has been teaching this pivot for years...

[media=]

[/media]

Not quite...he's clearly going internal with the right knee.

You're right about the left knee aspect of the pivot though. I doubt, however, Riggs emphasizes it to the extent that George does. My playing partner has been working with Riggs for the 3 years or so.

sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti

[media=]

[/media]

You're right about the left knee aspect of the pivot though. I doubt, however, Riggs emphasizes it to the extent that George does. My playing partner has been working with Riggs for the 3 years or so.

I've heard Riggs is good, your playing partner get better from him?

[media=]

[/media]

His ball striking has improved substantially w/i the last year and a half. The thing that really helped him score was an on course finesse wedge and short game lesson though. Brady's a great coach. Has the stable to prove it too, lots of top notch ladies, B. Hagy, works/ed with Crocker, etc.

Honestly, I'm suprised you haven't seen him already ?

sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti

[media=]

[/media]

Clay is a great guy.

I took a few lessons from him in Orlando right before he started working with CQ / Rotary Swing.

He left CQ a while ago and I believe his "non-compete" is still in effect regarding individual lessons.

[media=]

[/media]

His ball striking has improved substantially w/i the last year and a half. The thing that really helped him score was an on course finesse wedge and short game lesson though. Brady's a great coach. Has the stable to prove it too, lots of top notch ladies, B. Hagy, works/ed with Crocker, etc.

Honestly, I'm suprised you haven't seen him already ?

Ha, yea, I actually haven't been to that many instructors, atleast compared to some on the forum. Stuck with guys within like 4-5 hours drive to get serious with besides Dana, just because I think that works best in long run. Don't want to have to jump on a plane each time I want a lesson and there are plenty of really good ones out there that people just don't know about because they haven't heard of them on the forum. They are all learning from each other, atleast the good ones. Guarantee I could find one whatever state I lived in or atleast next state over.

Was down in Newport Beach for a few days late last year and strongly considered heading over to CS's place to talk some shop with him but thought better of it...and decided to play Arroyo Trabuco with the father-in-law instead.

...perhaps an opportunity lost.

Dude you blew it!