Rory McIlroy: "I'll watch the Olympics, but probably not golf. I'll watch track and field, swimming,

Can't believe the men are the first week - WOMEN should have been first, men should have been the encore, I DGAF what the reasons are for. Men should have been last and ladies should have warmed us up for the men's event.

Oh well..

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe the men are the first week - WOMEN should have been first, men should have been the encore, I DGAF what the reasons are for. Men should have been last and ladies should have warmed us up for the men's event.

Oh well..

"Women golfers...the fluffers of Olympic golf" - new slogan for women's golf

Oh well..

"In Olympic golf, the men come first and the women come second."

"Or sometimes not at all." - Austin Powers

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

Maybe they were worried the women would chop it up something fierce and the men would get a butchered layout.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

I hope Spieth, McIlroy, DJ and Day are happy they missed out on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Idiots.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

I hope Spieth, McIlroy, DJ and Day are happy they missed out on a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Idiots.

Give it a break Joe. Olympic golf is virtually meaningless, as is other "pro" sports at the Olympics.

Plus the IOC is a stinking taint on the games for which they already are under investigation.

Give it a break Joe. Olympic golf is virtually meaningless, as is other "pro" sports at the Olympics.

Plus the IOC is a stinking taint on the games for which they already are under investigation.

That's your opinion. There are plenty of others (the Americans in the field this week, for one example) who view it as a once-in-a-lifetime.

And as far as "giving something a break," yeah, we get it, the IOC is corrupt, and illegitimate, and blah blag blah...we get it.

as fans WE DON'T CARE - all we AS FANS care about is the medals, and the competition. At leas they're not playing for money, these guys - the pride of representing their country is WHY THEY'RE THERE.

Apparently this is a concept you still can not grasp.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Yeah it's not every day you can get mugged, catch an exotic virus, and play a mediocre golf course all in the same place.

What is it with you lot...all you do is blah blah blah - boo-hoo Negative Nancy's...trying to piss on the parade, I guess.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Yeah it's not every day you can get mugged, catch an exotic virus, and play a mediocre golf course all in the same place.

What is it with you lot...all you do is blah blah blah - boo-hoo Negative Nancy's...trying to piss on the parade, I guess.

Nah...the piss in in the outdoor swimming events...not the parade.

920x1240.jpg

That hat is gully.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

That's your opinion. There are plenty of others (the Americans in the field this week, for one example) who view it as a once-in-a-lifetime.

And as far as "giving something a break," yeah, we get it, the IOC is corrupt, and illegitimate, and blah blag blah...we get it.

as fans WE DON'T CARE - all we AS FANS care about is the medals, and the competition. At leas they're not playing for money, these guys - the pride of representing their country is WHY THEY'RE THERE.

Calling them "idiots" shows your utter intolerance for the views of others... Yeah, so NO YOU DON'T GET IT.

Medals in pro sports are meaningless, especially in golf, where they already compete stroke play weekly in global competition with flags next to their names.

Calling them "idiots" shows your utter intolerance for the views of others... Yeah, so NO YOU DON'T GET IT.

Medals in pro sports are meaningless, especially in golf, where they already compete stroke play weekly in global competition with flags next to their names.

Athletics, the cornerstone of the Olympic movement is now professional...get up to date. Some golfers have made a big mistake by not supporting Olympic participation. The top golfers pledged to support the bid...they have not. Many have been disingenuous with their reasons for not playing..will McIlroy move back to N. Ireland now the Zika virus has reached Florida. I think not.

Then why are they there?

Then why are they there?

Because they want to be there. But declining doesn’t make them "idiots" as Joe called them.

Because they want to be there. But declining doesnt make them "idiots" as Joe called them.

But neither are the medals "meaningless." Clearly they are quite meaningful to some pro athletes.

Seems to me you are both a bit hyperbolic... :-)

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Because they want to be there. But declining doesn't make them "idiots" as Joe called them.

They have more money than they could spend in 100 lifetimes.

The players there are there because they want to represent their countries.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the "big four" are idiots. I'm sure there are countless others who think equally unflattering of them.

And since you don't like my use of "idiot" here, isn't that what McIlroy is essentially calling the competitors - he'll watch "the sports that matter"? McIlroy implied as much - he implied they're idiots by playing in the Olympics.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

By the way that was an amazing ace by Justin Rose. Maybe it's his week...

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Because they want to be there. But declining doesn’t make them "idiots" as Joe called them.

But neither are the medals "meaningless." Clearly they are quite meaningful to some pro athletes.

Seems to me you are both a bit hyperbolic... :-)

Well their meaningless in the context that there is nothing unique about this type of golf competition. These same guys already compete against each stroke play weekly including 4 majors per year.

Should have at least been some type of match play team event, heck maybe even a scramble for some crazy aggressive golf.

I watched a little. The very first shot I saw live was Rose's ace. That was cool. Other than that, it was pretty boring. The course sucks and we have Watson and Fowler over there being an embarrassment. Personally if I were a pro and was asked to go, I'd just say no thanks I'm not interested. I'd never pull for any other swimming, or volleyball, or gymnastics team. BUT, I'm rooting for Stenson. Put that in your Olympic pipe and smoke it.

Are the top owgr golfers not there because they receive no pay??

If so, are the NBA players there and tennis superstars there getting pay?

I see there is no answer for this.

Has little to do with receiving no pay. They aren't there b/c golf has bigger and better things than the Olympics, especially one being held in a sh!t hole. Pretty much same reason that the top US tennis player is not there (John Isner), the top US cyclist (TJ Van Garderen), as well as the following "top" American NBA players ... Lebron James, Steph Curry, James Harden, Chris Paul, Russel Westbrook, LaMarcus Aldridge, John Wall, Kawhi Leonard.... etc.

The NBA is essentially sending its "B" team, and will still win going away. I suspect the NBA could send its "Z" team and still win frankly. Plus, they have a pimped out lux cruise ship to stay on so they don't have to live in that hellhole "village".

LMAO...where to begin with this...

- KEVIN DURANT, KLAY THOMPSON, KYRIE IRVING and CARMELO ANTHONY are "B" team material????

- A lot of the others you listed already have medals

- the women have sent ALL their top players.

Your point is lame, son. The Olympics do matter, whether you like it or not.

The Olympics do matter to some. Not to all, and that's ok. You seem to be under the impression it should be top priority for everyone and that's just not the case. Especially for professionals in their sport. And that's ok. Stop being so judgmental of those who have differing opinions of yours. The NBA had more top players back out than Golf did but you're giving them a pass. I am wondering why?

You talk as if you represented a lot of people. I care about the ioc being corrupted and it has completely kill my interest in the Olympics. Yet, I am a fan of sports and of the Olympic spirit.

Are the top owgr golfers not there because they receive no pay??

If so, are the NBA players there and tennis superstars there getting pay?

I see there is no answer for this.

Has little to do with receiving no pay. They aren't there b/c golf has bigger and better things than the Olympics, especially one being held in a sh!t hole. Pretty much same reason that the top US tennis player is not there (John Isner), the top US cyclist (TJ Van Garderen), as well as the following "top" American NBA players ... Lebron James, Steph Curry, James Harden, Chris Paul, Russel Westbrook, LaMarcus Aldridge, John Wall, Kawhi Leonard.... etc.

The NBA is essentially sending its "B" team, and will still win going away. I suspect the NBA could send its "Z" team and still win frankly. Plus, they have a pimped out lux cruise ship to stay on so they don't have to live in that hellhole "village".

LMAO...where to begin with this...

- KEVIN DURANT, KLAY THOMPSON, KYRIE IRVING and CARMELO ANTHONY are "B" team material????

- A lot of the others you listed already have medals

- the women have sent ALL their top players.

Your point is lame, son. The Olympics do matter, whether you like it or not.

The Olympics do matter to some. Not to all, and that's ok. You seem to be under the impression it should be top priority for everyone and that's just not the case. Especially for professionals in their sport. And that's ok. Stop being so judgmental of those who have differing opinions of yours. The NBA had more top players back out than Golf did but you're giving them a pass. I am wondering why?

'

I thought I addressed that in your quote. A lot of the NBA players who backed out already have Gold Medals, the WNBA has sent their best, the WTA and pro men's tennis players are virtually all there (did you see Rafael Nadal, one of the all time greats' reaction yesterday aftewinning to get into the Gold Medal match???)

I'm irritated by all the bashers on here who masquerade as "fans" of the game but rag on and on about how this is so stupid and how golf shouldn't be there and on and on...WTF?

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP

Other than that, it was pretty boring. The course sucks and we have Watson and Fowler over there being an embarrassment.

So let me get this straight...I'm being judgmental?? smh kid...look in the mirror.

Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP