Successor to I-e1 (I-e2) due out soon? What is on your wish list?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What new features will they have?

I'm guessing they add the Hydropearl finish found on the iBlade. NDMC stock as well.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Not trying to tell Ping how to run their business (Heaven forbid), but pictures would be a great marketing tool to help keep the buzz alive for these. Might even stop those of us actively shopping for new irons from buying any until these are released if we knew what they looked like.

I would disagree with that.

Assuming that the irons aren't going to be announced until after the PGA show, it really does not make sense for them to let anything out right now. If they did release them now, what would you propose be done to maintain buzz after that?

The goal is to have the buzz build up to the launch and peak close to when they're in stores. While a lot of us are eager for more information on it, I'm sure they want to avoid having the buzz peak too early to where once the clubs are actually available they're yesterday's news.

I suppose, but the Cobra 2017 thread was started at the same time as this thread and has twice as many pages. We've seen their pictures for several weeks now with no appreciable drop-off in buzz. And I suspect that the buzz will continue at its same level (twice the amount of buzz for the new Ping clubs) for the next few months until pictures of the Ping clubs are released.

Perhaps that won't translate into increased sales for Cobra, but I think that Ping releasing the pictures now would actually whet the appetite even more and have some people holding off on purchases of other irons between now and the PGA show. I mean those new Srixon and Mizuno irons sure do look swell and have had a lot of great reviews.

But, Ping is a profitable company, so who am I to argue with success? I'm sure whatever sales they lose as a result of their secretiveness will be immaterial to their bottom line.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

I have also seen the pics of the irons from my sales rep. Yes, Ping is very secretive but trust me on this one, they will be worth the wait. Not trying to tease, but they're incredible looking. Don't buy anything else until you've taken a look at these.

It's like you've set me up with a blind date for 3 months for now and tell me that the woman is beautiful, but won't show me any pictures (although I guess it wouldn't be a "blind" date then). Then I'm out somewhere and see a couple of other attractive women (named Srixon and Mizuno), and am debating do I invest the time and expense to date one of them in the time between now and 3 months from now, or just hold off for 3 months. But, if you were to show me a picture of the blind date gal, it would likely give me the will power to hold off.

Maybe I'll date one of them with the option to "return" them within 30 or 90 days to keep me over until the really beautiful woman comes along in 3 months. My i25's are looking a bit haggard after about 225 rounds and some of the inserts are starting to regularly come loose, so I need something new and shiny sooner than later.

So which gal would you all recommend I date in the interim - Ms. Srixon 765 or Ms. Mizuno JPX 900?

I have also seen the pics of the irons from my sales rep. Yes, Ping is very secretive but trust me on this one, they will be worth the wait. Not trying to tease, but they're incredible looking. Don't buy anything else until you've taken a look at these.

It's like you've set me up with a blind date for 3 months for now and tell me that the woman is beautiful, but won't show me any pictures (although I guess it wouldn't be a "blind" date then). Then I'm out somewhere and see a couple of other attractive women (named Srixon and Mizuno), and am debating do I invest the time and expense to date one of them in the time between now and 3 months from now, or just hold off for 3 months. But, if you were to show me a picture of the blind date gal, it would likely give me the will power to hold off.

Maybe I'll date one of them with the option to "return" them within 30 or 90 days to keep me over until the really beautiful woman comes along in 3 months. My i25's are looking a bit haggard after about 225 rounds and some of the inserts are starting to regularly come loose, so I need something new and shiny sooner than later.

So which gal would you all recommend I date in the interim - Ms. Srixon 765 or Ms. Mizuno JPX 900?

The counterargument to that analogy is that after 3 months of looking at the same picture a lot of guys would be a lot less excited than right now and then when a new girl comes along 3 months the new one will just be more exciting - so if you can only have one.....then a lot of guys will go out with the more recent one. In 3 months there will be other very new things with a lot of buzz.

Plus, of course, they run the risk stalling out sales of the iE1 which is already out.

I'd love to see the pics too, but it's not a crazy marketing strategy to wait until closer to let the pics out. Many companies do it in many different industries.

Not trying to tell Ping how to run their business (Heaven forbid), but pictures would be a great marketing tool to help keep the buzz alive for these. Might even stop those of us actively shopping for new irons from buying any until these are released if we knew what they looked like.

I would disagree with that.

Assuming that the irons aren't going to be announced until after the PGA show, it really does not make sense for them to let anything out right now. If they did release them now, what would you propose be done to maintain buzz after that?

The goal is to have the buzz build up to the launch and peak close to when they're in stores. While a lot of us are eager for more information on it, I'm sure they want to avoid having the buzz peak too early to where once the clubs are actually available they're yesterday's news.

I suppose, but the Cobra 2017 thread was started at the same time as this thread and has twice as many pages. We've seen their pictures for several weeks now with no appreciable drop-off in buzz. And I suspect that the buzz will continue at its same level (twice the amount of buzz for the new Ping clubs) for the next few months until pictures of the Ping clubs are released.

Perhaps that won't translate into increased sales for Cobra, but I think that Ping releasing the pictures now would actually whet the appetite even more and have some people holding off on purchases of other irons between now and the PGA show. I mean those new Srixon and Mizuno irons sure do look swell and have had a lot of great reviews.

But, Ping is a profitable company, so who am I to argue with success? I'm sure whatever sales they lose as a result of their secretiveness will be immaterial to their bottom line.

Well that's always the conflict... say nothing and possibly lose sales. So their product team has to ask themselves how many sales they may gain by 'freezing' others' decisions compared to what might be lost by those that have stopped paying attention.

To me, there has been enough of a tease put out that new stuff is coming and the look will be improved that anyone that's serioustly considering them will hold off to get the whole story. For most it's going to be the off season and sales are going to be slow, whereas after the PGA show people are starting to get cabin fever and thinking about the clubs.

Of course hindsight is always 20/20.

You're killing me. I will wait to see these.

Me too. Curious if these will kick out my current irons.

I'm probably in the minority, but I hope they aren't designed on the smallish size like the s55s. I do like forgiveness in a sort of medium sized head. That's what the i series has been known for.

TITLEIST TSR2 TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

3w broken

PING G430 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i230 5-PW MODUS 115S

TITLEIST SM9 50F 54D 58D S200

LAB DF3 BLK, 73°, 35", Heavy

I'm probably in the minority, but I hope they aren't designed on the smallish size like the s55s. I do like forgiveness in a sort of medium sized head. That's what the i series has been known for.

Surprised if that is the case. I would think they will be in line with it I-e.

Surprised if that is the case. I would think they will be in line with it I-e.

there's not that much room for them to get smaller since no chance they are smaller than iblade.

I compared the iBlade and iE1 in-person at Golfsmith the other day and thought the size difference was negligible to me, maybe just a little more offset in the longer irons.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

Might not be new info but these will be called i200 and introduced in january at some point

Ping G400 MAX 9* Rouge Silver 125MSI 60-TX
Ping G400 Stretch 13.5* Rouge Black 110MSI 80-TX
Ping Crossover 18* Tour 90-X
Ping i200 4-P KBS Tour 130-X
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*,54* SS 58* TS KBS Tour-X
Ping Sigma G Tyne H
Ping Hoofer
Titleist ProV1X

This is the one thread on this site which i repeatedly check at least once every few days. I'm still playing i20s and can't wait to see these. If the current i e1s looked like the iBlades I would have bought them ages ago. If they get it to be something like that and ideally with no colors, they won't be able to get my money fast enough!....especially being that they will come out around my annual bonus and tax refund season.....muaahhahaha

PING G410 LST 10.5* --- Project X Evenflow Blue 55-S

PING G410 17.5* & 20.5* FW --- Aldila Tour Blue 65-S

Titleist 818H1 23* Hybrid --- Project X Evenflow Riptide 80-6.0

PING i210 5-UW --- Nippon Modus 105-S

PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 54* & 58* --- Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. DF3 --- Accra x L.A.B.

Anyone compare the looks to help srixon z765? I haven't bought the ie because of the looks. Hopeople these look a lot better.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Ping has dropped the price on the iE1's, so hopefully pictures of the i200 will be forthcoming.

Hopefully like the Glide 2, the i200 hopefully will have the numbers on the edge. I'm tired of repainting.

If memory serves the i200 will have numbers like the iBlades.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS