APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

• ​Current USGA handicap - 6.2

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Get my handicap down to around/below 4.0, be more competitive in my club's Men's league events (maybe even win one this coming year), qualify for my club's Ryder Cup-style competition against another local club, shoot a personal best round on my home course (currently at 75 but I've been so close to going lower many times), but really, just to play better, more consistent golf in all facets of the game.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf- I've never had a fitting done before anywhere, so to have my first fitting done at the Callaway HQ by their guys would truly be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I've always been a tinkerer with my equipment, but actually getting fit into clubs that are built for me and for my swing would be something that I definitely want to experience. I've always liked Callaway clubs and they way they setup to the ball, I've just never been able to make most of them work for me and by game. Maybe with an actual fitting from a Callaway fitter I could get their clubs to work as I expect.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​Current USGA handicap: +3.2

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

I would love to contend more in high quality tournaments and be able to achieve my goal of winning my first tournament.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

I want to finally get fully fitted from top to bottom by the most state-of-the-art technology and most knowledgeable group of people to achieve my goals. I also love Callaway equipment since they were my first set of real golf clubs.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0° • MCA Diamana ZF 60TX
Titleist TS3 15.0° • MCA Diamana D+ 80X
Titleist 818H2 19° • Accra FX 300H M4, Tipped 1"
Callaway Apex Pro19 (4-Pw) • PX 6.0
Callaway MD5 • 50.10S, 54.10S, 59.09C • PX 6.0
SIK Pro C 33” • Titleist Left Dash ProV1x

Current USGA Handicap - 7

2017 Goals - I would like to focus on my long iron play. I'm having trouble getting the ball high enough to land the ball on the green and have it stick. I would also, as I'm sure many others have stated, like to work on my short game. I've made some strides on my chipping but am still having problems judging the speed and rollout I'm getting from the rough. Lastly, I'd like to make more putts!!

Why do I want to attend this exclusive opportunity - I believe I could benefit from a club fitting, especially from a world leader in golf like Callaway. I have been playing Callaway clubs (and the Chrome soft) - Driver, 4 wood, hybrid, wedges (just found some awesome new old stock MD2 tour grinds to replace my worn out ones) and an Odyssey putter for a number of years and am interested to see what new toys your R&D team has come up with.

Thanks for your consideration,

John

USGA index:

Goals:

Bogey free round. Better scrambling and stick more greens. Limit my putts per round.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?:

I've never been properly fitted before. I've always bought what i though would be right for me swing and would basically just get comfortable with it. It's worked so far but could use some fine tuning.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Current USGA Handicap- +1.7

Goals for my game in 2017- Become more consistent off of the tee, which in turn will allow me to become a better scorer from 150 yards and in. I would also like to dial in yardages with wedges, as well as control spin on them as well. When competing in amateur events in state/national level, my goal is to create and sustain a solid game plan during practice and rounds.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf- It would be an unbelievable opportunity to get properly fitted and find specific ways where the right equipment could help my game. On top of that, I am a big Callaway user and it would be an awesome way to connect with some of the GolfWRX community, as checking in on posts and forums on GolfWRX has become part of my daily routine.

Handicap. +2.5

Goals.

I would love every advantage I can get as I pursue my dream of being a PGA Tour winner. I am currently fighting driver issues and have not been able to find anyone in my area that seems to be able to correctly fit me. My goal for 2017 is to qualify and play in a couple of PGA tour events

I would love to attend this event to be able to experience the custom fitting by experts. I love Callaway equipment and have been playing Callaway clubs for the past 7 years. It could be a life changing experience and propel my game and my confidence to be able to reach the next level

Current USGA handicap-

State the goals for your golf game in 2017-

I am focusing 2017 on improving less than full swing wedge shots. I feel this is my weakness in both distance control and dispersion. I am leaving birdie opportunities out there by not hitting this type of shot close enough to the hole.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf-

Well, is is an unbelievable, once in a lifetime opportunity! But for me I have never had a full bag fitting so I always wonder if my "self-fitting" has not optimized my equipment. I also feel it's time for me to look for new irons, probably with lighter shafts. To have access to this type of fitting would relieve a lot of doubt.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

In a post below, include:

​Current USGA handicap

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

- get to scratch and consistently shoot under par

- qualify and make the cut at the state open

- get my handicap low enough to be able to apply for multiple usga events

- eliminate my big hook miss

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

- I've never been fit before in my life other than having a local pro watch me swing and hit off a lie board. I've always been a tinkerer with my gear in search for the holy grail, but not to the refinement that is necessary to build a consistent bag. I'd really like help from expertly qualified fitters to see how much I can improve in the coming year. I've never been scratch, but I'd like to see if I can make a run next year.

At my age now 71, I'm in need for a equipment review to better fit my game! Being a decent golfer for many years, it's time to get the proper clubs what I actually need, not what I used several years ago. Our body and swing changes and so too should our clubs. Equipment makes a huge difference, and we need to take advantage of current technology to help ourselves and not live in the years of our past. Even the late Arnold Palmer changed equipment to fit his swing and age. Long live the memory of Arnie!

This past year I improved putting skills by dedicated practice, which has made a difference in my overall scores. This coming year I intend to continue that practice and work to improve my changing swing, by proper conditioning.

Current USGA handicap index: 3.5.

My goals for 2017, I would REALLY like to shoot par or better this coming year. I have shot 75 multiple times, I have even been under par thru 9 holes in a round, but I have never been able to finish a round even par or better. I have never been fitted for a club set, which that alone I think would benefit me immensely. Being fitted for clubs to match my swing would I believe help me get a little more consistency, and create some confidence from shot to shot.

I am quickly approaching 50 years of age, and I plan on playing this game for the rest of my life. I currently play on average 50+ rounds of golf per year, which isn't easy living in the Midwest. I am always taking trips to Florida over the winter season in order for me to try and maintain my game. And a trip to San Diego for golf falls within that winter season :)

A few side notes, my son is a scratch golfer at 20 years of age, and being able to hang with him shot for shot would be great fun again. I haven't been able to that for about 3 years now, since his game during that time has surpassed mine. Also, I have used TaylorMade clubs for as long as I can remember, so I don't think it would be a bad thing for Callaway to get another golfer to come over to the Callaway side :)

USGA index:

Goals:

I want to break 80 on a consistent basis.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?

The first club that I ever purchased was a Warbird 3 wood to hit off the tee. Loved that club and still own it today, though it is in my daughter's bag. I would like to find out if fitting makes as much of a difference as the golf magazines tout. Who wouldn't want to see the HQ and experience the same treatment that the pros get?

Current USGA handicap: 14

• Add more consistency to my game
  • Break 80
  • More fitness

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

Well I have never been professional fit for clubs. I have always bought stock of-the-shelf and just switched our grips to my liking. Callaway has really come a long way with their offerings. They were always seen as the old man's clubs, but for several years now they offer something for all levels. It sounds like a once in a life time opportunity for a regular guy and I'd love to attend.

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

----

USGA index:

Not official, but last I checked with a quick online handicap calculator, it calculated a 10. My avg score is ~83.

Goals:

My main goal is to continue to play and enjoy the game with my son. He's 4 now and loves to golf. I built him is own custom driver and he's been hooked ever since! Fathering to him on the course...just doesn't get any better than that!

My personal golf goal is to become a more consistent player. My game has too many up's and down's and I'd like to get away from that. To be able to shoot ~75 every time would be a welcomed feat.

I feel this is directly related to me becoming a more consistent player. To know my equipment has been custom fit to my exact specs would only instill confidence and drive. I am the definition of a tinkerer and have "fit" myself by trial and error. I'd love to be fit by a professional and see what his or her recommendations are compared to my own findings. I also love Callaway products and the potential opportunity to be fitted with a full bag is extremely exciting.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

--

Handicap:10

Goals: To start consistently breaking 80 and make it onto my club team to play more regularly. ALSO TO GAME SWEET CALLAWAY CLUBS!

Why?: I have never properly been fitted for golf clubs but I love equipment almost as much as the game itself. Having the chance to go and get entirely custom fitted and also learn all about the work they do at callaway HQ would be a once in a lifetime experience and for an equipment geek like me - heaven on earth!

My current USGA handicap is 10. I would like to play competitively in some amateur and club events. I have worked very hard over the years, and I have a little more time to play at this point. Currently in my 50s. Unfortunately, I had neck surgery (spinal fusion) a couple of years ago, and I am struggling to regain lost distance. I love the new Callaway equipment, and have played Callaway since the first Big Bertha irons came out. I would like to participate to take advantage of the expertise of Callaway's experts in maximizing and fine tuning my equipment.

USGA index:

Goals:

I want to attend and contend for a division 3 golf national championship

I have always loved the look and feel of callaway clubs, especially callaway woods. Being a current engineering student, the opportunity to see how the R&D department operates would be a dream come true. Living in Wisconsin, the golf season is so short that there is no way to practice properly as a golfer. This opportunity would help me develop as a player in one of the greatest golf facilities in the world in carlsbad, California.

Current USGA Handicap: +1.2

Goals:

My goal for 2017 is to play in both US MID AMATEUR and US AMATEUR in the same calendar Year. Due to financial/time limitations in the past I haven’t been able to push for this goal. I’m at the point in my life and career where I can dedicate the time to golf again.

It’s been since college (over a decade) that I’ve been professionally fit for my clubs. I’ve never been one to keep up with joneses with new clubs, mainly due to financial limitations, but getting everything custom fit by Callaway along with having newer technology will allow me to have the best chance at achieving my 2017 golf goals.

Current USGA handicap:

• Achieve scratch handicap by September 2017

• Enter/Qualify for 3 Competitive Amateur Events (I entered two events in 2016, qualified for both, but did not play to my expectations in the event)

• Make the cut in a Competitive Amateur Event.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:
  • I’m a mechanical engineer by degree and profession (sadly not in the golf industry, another long term goal to add to the list…), which makes me a firm believer in the design and performance of a golf club. While some golfers are focused on aesthetics of a golf club, my confidence over the ball is knowing the clubs I have in my hand are the best fit for my game and give me the best chance to score effectively. I believe this is an opportunity of a lifetime to be fit by Callaway for Callaway equipment. It would be a dream come true to be able to talk golf with Callaway Tour Fitters and Representatives. A full bag fitting could do wonders for my game, tuning in a perfect driver, getting the proper grind on a wedge, having correct swingweights, are all things that I have never experienced and think could tremendously better my golf game.

• In addition, I would love to see how the new equipment (in knowledgeable hands) stacks up to my 2015 DBD that I have been unable to outperform with any other driver on the market!

USGA index:

Goals:

My goals are to continue lowering my handicap. This year I started at a 9.8 and have lowered it to what it is now at a 4.9. I really want to be more consistent, specifically within match play and crunch time moments that we all face on the course. My ultimate goal is to get my handicap at the USGA requirement for local US Open Qualifying. Final goal is to play more tournaments where I can meet other golfers in the community and continue to grow not only my golf game but be able to interact and develop new lifelong relationships through golf.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway?

I have never been fit for clubs before and I think it would grow my game. I have used the same shafts and irons for the better part of eight years. While my game has improved I can only imagine what would happen with a correctly fit set of golf clubs. I don't want to make swings that I have to change due to my clubs. I want to keep my swing and know the performance I will get out of my golf clubs will match my love for the game every single day. I truly think this could be the last hurdle to one of my main goals... making it to US Open Local Qualifying.

USGA index: 10.1

Goals: A few goals I have for next year is to win or at least be in contention to win my local men's league I play in. I also am looking to compete in local tournaments (haven't done any since playing in highschool) and be in higher pressured games that force better play out of me. I also want to get my handicap under 4. I was previously in the year during the spring but due to poor play through the summer I created some bad habits. I'm finally getting the swing back where I want and confident with what I can do with it.

Why do I want to go and be fit at Callaway? Like any WRX'r, we like to tinker. I never never been fit for clubs and to have that confidence going into the season next year would be game changing. Knowing that you are fitted for all 14 clubs for the year and being able to focus on goals of the season would be a stellar experience. I will continue to tinker as I love golf but golf is more enjoyable with all the experiences you get along the way. To be fit into a full bag of Callaway clubs would be a great one. Ultimately, I would burn holes in my friends ear talking about my "sponsor" for the year, they believe in me.

• ​Current USGA handicap

Index- My current index is 9.0.

Goals for 2017 - My goal is to get back to working on my game and get my index back down under 5. Slowly but surely my index has creeped up, mostly due to a lack of practice and playing. My goal is to dedicate more time to practice and play to lower the index and achieve a little more consistency in my game.

I played Callaway irons starting with the x-tour, and through the various x-forged sets. I was fit for these irons at Callaway. I then got away from callaway, and started to self fit my latest sets of clubs. I have had success, but realize to help achieve my goals for next year, I should get back in to get a fitting so that my clubs are optimal for me and my swing. This would be a great opportunity to put some optimally fit Callaway clubs back in my bag, and to help achieve my goals for the coming year.

Thank you for this opportunity.

Titleist TSR3 9* Diamana ZF 60s
Titleist TSR3 15* Kai'li 70s

TM SIM2 Ti 19* Kai'li 70s

Titleist TSR3 24* Atmos Blue 8s
Srixon ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX6 46,50,54,58 
Betti BB46 or QB6 or Betti BB Proto

• Current USGA handicap: 2.6
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Qualify for state amateur events! I switched to APEX CF irons in late August and iron play improved dramatically. I need to find hybrids and/or fairway woods to fill distance gaps. Need to find best putter head, insert, loft, lie, weight combination.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've received great information and education from local stores and PGA Professionals which and GOLFWRX. The chance to attend a Callaway Fitting would be a master class. Thank you for the event!

USGA Index - 13.8

Goals for 2017 Season - Get back down to my index low (11.2) from last season, and beyond that. Compete for the championship in the 4 major events at my club next year. Play more consistently. Break 80 again!

Why Should I be Considered? - I LOVE my Apex CF16 irons, and talk them up to my friends and peers. I play 80+ rounds a year in the snow belt, so I love golf. My nickname at the club is "Let's chat", so you know I'm going to tell everyone how great the experience was, how awesome GolfWRX and Callaway are, and how much my new clubs have helped my game. My new clubs from Callaway will help me achieve and excede my 2017 goals for the golf season.

I shoot around 100

Goal is to get solidly in the mid 90s without those ugly 100+ scores on my card

I bought a couple sets of clubs in the past handful of years and i seem to be regressing in feel & love for my clubs (Taylormade). I feel like I'm getting better but my clubs aren't necessarily helping me get there. I've been eyeing switching over to Callaway for years and this would be a perfect opportunity to pull the trigger on a nice set of fitted clubs!

Thanks!

Current Handicap: 12.7

Goals: To finally break 80 and get to a single digit handicap.

Why I want to attend: My last experience with Callaway was a Big Bertha Titanium 454. I think this would be a great opportunity to reintroduce myself to Callaway clubs because they have been getting rave reviews in the past four years. It would also be exciting to get fit by the fitting team and to visit HQ. Plus it would be the week after my finals are over and a quick vacation sounds perfect.

Current handicap: 7.7 (and trending down)

Goals: 2017 will be my fourth year playing. Since I started playing I've been able to shave strokes every year, this year I went from a 14 to a 6.2 index. My low this year was a 6.2 and I'd like to to a 2 or less by summer 2017. My goal is to contend in local tournaments and my club championship. I'd also like to get more consistency in my scoring. I've shot 75 and 95 in the same weekend at my home course, ouch.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I've actually never been fit for clubs. I built all of my clubs myself and fit them to what I believe to be the right specs, but I would really enjoy the opportunity to be professionally fit and to see what all goes into custom building clubs at the highest level.

• ​Current USGA handicap: 0.6
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: I want to be able to consistently break 70, and compete in more tournament events.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I am extremely proud that I have been able to get close to scratch golf with a self made swing. I have never had a golf lesson, or been custom fitted for golf clubs. Through trial and error, I have found certain things that I think work best for my swing, so I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to go through a complete custom fitting to find out what is truly best for my swing. Also, since I live in North Dakota, this would be a great chance to ditch the winter weather, and visit beautiful, sunny California.

​• Current USGA handicap: +0.3

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Sustain competitive game while my ability to practice and play is limited with the addition of my second child in January. Time with my family is paramount and golf moves down the priority list. This involves moving to game improvement equipment so I can continue to contend in my county and local golf association amateur events.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: To couple with reducing the quantity of rounds and practice, I've struggled with driving after some weight loss and really want a professional fitting for a driver with Callaway. I have a XR16, but it isn't optimized. Outside of being fit for a driver that is optimal, Callaway Golf is the only company that has the product breadth to aid me in accomplishing my golf goals for 2017 and beyond. Also, it would be a surreal experience see the Callaway facilities let alone go through a fitting experience while there.

Big thank you to GolfWRX.com for the amazing opportunity to submit for an event like this.

USGA index:

Goals:

I want to finally break 70, and keep every round in 2017 under 80.

Being fit by Callaway, at Callaway would be a dream experience. I've played nothing but Callaway equipment for the past few years and couldn't be more impressed. The chance to get the same insight into my equipment that professionals get, would be incredible. I'm always looking for any way possible to improve my game, and that starts with having the right equipment.

Thanks!