2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

New 2017 TaylorMade M1 Driver?

ConfusedGolfer3412

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/six-takeaways-from-the-2017-hot-list-summit?mbid=social_twitter

Wonder if this is what they are referring to at the bottom as a the "certified show stopper"

The way it reads I'd say Callaway Epic or Cobra Single length irons. 2017 M1 is nothing 'groundbreaking' versus the previous model that could conjure up that type of response, IMO.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/six-takeaways-from-the-2017-hot-list-summit?mbid=social_twitter

Wonder if this is what they are referring to at the bottom as a the "certified show stopper"

The way it reads I'd say Callaway Epic or Cobra Single length irons. 2017 M1 is nothing 'groundbreaking' versus the previous model that could conjure up that type of response, IMO.

It is certainly a driver. They basically said as much. Epic or new M1 would be the only ones to come to mind.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

It's going to be the Callaway Epic driver they are speaking of. The Jailbreak tech is going to be the game changer when coupled with Callaway's other existing wood tech features. I think the M1 V2.0 is going to be a distant (but respectable) second place.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

If you follow the industry, one can see that Callaway has really been pushing hard for number 1.....I thought TM was over-the-top everything during its hay days, but Callaway right now it seems weekly that Callaway has a new item or different marketing to enhance sales of their current models.

I think the Epic will be good, but not as good as the article states.

If you follow the industry, one can see that Callaway has really been pushing hard for number 1.....I thought TM was over-the-top everything during its hay days, but Callaway right now it seems weekly that Callaway has a new item or different marketing to enhance sales of their current models.

I think you are correct. However, I also think it will be better for some than others. Many have already described exact situation from big driver test on this site. It would be shockingly cool for one mfg. to come out with a game changer with an (more)affordable price.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Callaway is bringing out clubs that are "player's clubs" looks-wise but are geared towards game improvement.

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I think you are correct. However, I also think it will be better for some than others. Many have already described exact situation from big driver test on this site. It would be shockingly cool for one mfg. to come out with a game changer with an (more)affordable price.

I just do not see a "game changer" coming for many reasons. Name the last "game changers" in the past 6-8 years? Small gains again in 2017 IMHO

As for price, the OEM's have price points in mind and they seem to all try and stay within that range. I did see a nice change from Cobra for 2017 price wise. We will see if the others follow or not.

Name is flat out stupid. But, if it performs well on the course. I guess you can name it whatever you like. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they replace the M2 with the M2.

Callaway is bringing out clubs that are "player's clubs" looks-wise but are geared towards game improvement.

Epic statement, haha.
Cobra fly z+ Aldila rogue black
TM aero burner mini driver aldila rogue black
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

I just do not see a "game changer" coming for many reasons. Name the last "game changers" in the past 6-8 years? Small gains again in 2017 IMHO

As for price, the OEM's have price points in mind and they seem to all try and stay within that range. I did see a nice change from Cobra for 2017 price wise. We will see if the others follow or not.

R9, RBZ, SLDR all game changers...all set the bar for everyone to follow. Just a few...

But as we move forward no game changers in the next few years...

New Bag in the making...

R9, RBZ, SLDR all game changers...all set the bar for everyone to follow. Just a few...

M1 has been a game changer for me but I'm always looking for something bettter..

I guess it comes down to what a "game changer" really is in each persons mind.

SLDR produced some of the lowest spin numbers that the industry had seen to date at the time. It also produced a very low MOI and was really good for higher swing speeds and players that knew how to find the center of the face only! The majority were fooled and suffered more than gained with this head.

R9, the only real change that mattered was hosel adjustability and the ability to try different shafts in a matter of minutes which was actually already being used by a smaller OEM before TM...sorry Luv, but I think this so called game changer is not something along those lines....to me it has to be something like, increased ball speed to equal longer distance with great forgiveness, or lower spin (which hurts the majority of the players out there) with excellent launch conditions.

RBZ fairways really was a "game changer" distance wise for fw metals....I'll agree as I still play a Tour Spoon.

That leaves the M Series....heck plenty of members on here would never call it a "game changer" but plenty of players of all levels saw some nice increases. One of TM's best in awhile no doubt. Go back and read the Gear Reports from this site...M1 was the choice and the M2 was pushed to the curb in those reviews because of timing IMHO, yet I bet if you did a poll, most would choice the M2 over the M1...some prettty good names out on Tour did too.

So, will it be a driver? Hard to for me to give that type of comment with the Driver Market moving along like a turtle because of restrictions, but I would lean towards The Epic SZ series. Early Buzz of 2-3 mph increased ball speeds, but is that really a "game changer"?

My main choice would be Cobra One Series....now that is something different and could actually change certain players game and create more OEM'S to join in on this phenomenon.

We will see...everyone has an opinion and that is mine.

For me the real game changers were the 510tp R7tp and the SLDR

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Great choices Zack....what do think it will be this year? Driver or other?

I have no idea. I've been left out of the loop lately... The Jason Day putter is cool and the wedges look nice.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

For me the real game changers were the 510tp R7tp and the SLDR

And the Ping TiSi Tec drivers with the custom hosels and the original holy grail which was the Taylormade 300 deep face !!!!

I've got the new m1 2.0 driver, just waiting on a shaft then I'll see what all the fuss is about!! Might end up on the selling page as I'm not a TM fan!!

They have these in the UK already?

I have one, yes!! But the UK don't!!

Let's see it !

Pictures would be great! More the better. Everyone should post a picture of their "game changer."

Wk

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3Wood Ventis Black Velicore S

Titleist T200U 3 and 4 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 5-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Found pic of the fairway wood, not sure if it's been posted or not.

TaylorMade_M1_fairway_2015_2017-e1478045522502.png?resize=678%2C381

That's from Golfwrx's front page.

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x