Problems with PGA Value Guide Trade In

circa3182

I took advantage of the 20% bonus and traded in some clubs to PGA Value Guide. It seemed like an easy way to unload some clubs but has turned into a disaster. I sent the clubs late October and they have had them a month. The status shows as processed but payment has not been sent out yet. Last I heard from them the check would be in the mail soon, but still no sign of it. Their excuse was that they've received a larger than usual volume due to the fall blitz. I was willing to flex a little on their regular policy of mailing the check the following Wednesday, but this is getting ridiculous.

Anyone else had problems with these guys? Any thoughts on how I should proceed? Would you be upset?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's taking longer than expected for all. While I am disappointed that it's taken this long, it's not something that would prevent me from using them in the future. They launched a promotion that they weren't prepared for. No big deal.

Hopefully if they do this again in the future, they can learn from their mistakes.

This was still a great promotion for those who took advantage of it.

They processed mine on 11/7. Still no check. Awful company. I should have just traded in at global golf.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

They processed mine on 11/7. Still no check. Awful company. I should have just traded in at global golf.

I thought Global Golf/3balls are the ones processing these orders for them. Pretty sure I shipped mine to Global's Raleigh address

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

Trade in? I'm in the dark here. Do they give you more money than if you were to just sell the clubs on here or on eBay? Every time I've ever checked the value guide for a set of irons or putter, it seems like the value is far less than what I could get for the clubs selling them. Am I missing something here?

I shipped a bunch of clubs in right before the 20% bonus promotion in mid September. It took about 2-3 weeks for me to receive my check. I was checking the website almost daily for updates. I was going to cave in and call then the check finally arrived in early October. Meanwhile I saw my old clubs for sale on 3balls.com selling. I just checked the site to see out of curiosity, 2 months later it still doesn't show the date paid. The instructions on the site say checks are mailed Wednesdays in one spot Fridays in another. It is definitely a bit of a hassle, but nice to be able to get a check for clubs collecting dust in the basement that would never be used again

In the bag, at the moment:
Callaway Paradym 💎 💎 💎 S TC 10.5* Autoflex SF505X

Callaway Mavrik SZ TC 17* Aldila Rogue White 70S

Callaway Apex UW 21* Project X Hrzdus Smoke Black 70S

Ping G425 5 hybrid 26* Ping Tour 85 stiff shaft

Callaway Apex TCB 5 - AW Project X 5.5 shafts
Callaway Jaws Raw 56* bent to 55* & 60* Project X 5.5 shafts

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 putter

Titleist Pro V1x

I have been waiting, i called last Monday and was told a check was processing that week. Call this past Monday and was told the same thing. I have a total of 4 trades i am waiting on:

Trade-in ID :

Trade Status : Trade-in Processed. Date Paid : - Date Processed : 11/17/2016

Date Received : 11/8/2016

Date Submitted : 10/29/2016

Trade-in ID :

Trade Status : Trade-in Processed. Date Paid : - Date Processed : 11/15/2016

Date Received : 11/4/2016

Date Submitted : 10/27/2016

Trade-in ID :

Trade Status : Trade-in Processed. Date Paid : - Date Processed : 11/16/2016

Date Received : 11/8/2016

Date Submitted : 10/26/2016

Not happy but being patient since the bonus was $74 per each trade.

Trade in? I'm in the dark here. Do they give you more money than if you were to just sell the clubs on here or on eBay? Every time I've ever checked the value guide for a set of irons or putter, it seems like the value is far less than what I could get for the clubs selling them. Am I missing something here?

No, they don't give you more than you would get on the BST/Ebay. It is, however, a guaranteed sale and I think that's why it appeals to so many. I've traded clubs in to Global Golf that I didn't have luck selling otherwise and just accepted taking the 20-30% loss in order to clear up some space.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

I am having similar issues with time delay, however I received far more from them than I could get on EBAY or here after all fees considered. Mine has been processed now since the fist week of Novemeber and I am still waiting on a check. I did another batch of old clubs first week of October and received my check in about 3 weeks total. Again with that batch I got money for clubs I coudlnt get one bid on elsewhere.

You'll get your money, they just got backlogged during the 40% bonus. This is not a typical wait time for them. It's annoying, but not a scam. I would just try and be patient.

For reference, here are my dates: sent my clubs in 10/19, they received them 10/25, processed them 11/1 and I received my check 11/25.

Reason I used them is for simplicity, and I was trading in a bunch of my girlfriend's old clubs. No one here buys senior flex, and eBay's fees, shipping, and scammy buyers makes it a hassle.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

I think once the order is processed the check should follow very shortly thereafter. It appears they are processing the trade-ins, trying to sell the clubs for a few weeks and then sending the check. I'm 3 weeks from them processing my order and still haven't received a check. Maybe they are having cash flow issues or this is their trade-in model to use other people's capital to try and generate revenue and then give the person trading in their "cut".

I'm usually pretty chill about things like this but it is absolute BS to take this long. If I was trading in to 3balls or Global Golf directly for a credit to be used online, the credit would have been applied at time of processing.

Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Kori 6x
Cobra F9 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 19* and 23* hybrids
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW KBS Tour S+
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

Ummmmm they are the same company...lol

Yeah but global golf processed my stuff quicker. 2 weeks

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

Mine were sent in early October. Processed October 18. Still no check. I can deal with the wait, but I've been lied to twice when I called. Told me check was cut two different times, but nothing. After another call, they said it was delayed again. Should've known that when they said check was cut.

Just bad business

Ummmmm they are the same company...lol

Yeah but global golf processed my stuff quicker. 2 weeks

Store credit vs cash

Maybe there is a business reason on their end for the delay (PGA or 3balls/GlobalGolf. It is the end of the year so that's certainly possible.

No, they don't give you more than you would get on the BST/Ebay. It is, however, a guaranteed sale and I think that's why it appeals to so many. I've traded clubs in to Global Golf that I didn't have luck selling otherwise and just accepted taking the 20-30% loss in order to clear up some space.

And for me, the stuff I sent in was older and wasn't selling on eBay.

Mine shows processed on 11/9 but not paid yet. But I'm not ina huge hurry, figure it will get here.

Someone raised a good question. Along with being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stuff they took in I wonder if it did create a bit of cash flow problem and maybe they're trying to have stuff sold before cutting checks. Seems though like maybe they chose the wrong time to run this promotion, I'm sure used clubs aren't flying off the shelves right now.

Got mine after about a month. I don't think it's a scam but I did speak with someone who told me a check was mailed and when I called a week later to say I didn't have it (I live only about five hours away), they said it had been mailed the day prior--and it showed up the next day. I'd rather they just be honest and tell me it hadn't been mailed.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

I keep wanting to inquire, again, in the face of strong opposition in these type threads... why people choose to trade-in over BST or eBay. But I know both camps are firmly entrenched, so I'll just continue to sell on the open market on my terms and leave you trader-iners to your thing.

Just remember, us sellers are all about fast cash as opposed to month(s) long check (seriously, check???) issuing, and "in-store credit". Even if we're paying 10% to the PayPal cartel.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I keep wanting to inquire, again, in the face of strong opposition in these type threads... why people choose to trade-in over BST or eBay. But I know both camps are firmly entrenched, so I'll just continue to sell on the open market on my terms and leave you trader-iners to your thing.

Just remember, us sellers are all about fast cash as opposed to month(s) long check (seriously, check???) issuing, and "in-store credit". Even if we're paying 10% to the PayPal cartel.

1) Not all clubs are high enough value to warrant eBay/BST

2) Not everyone plays stiff/xstiff flexes, which are the most popular/sought after here

3) Dealing with shady buyers is a concern

4) 3% paypal, 10% ebay, plus shipping...most trade ins are free shipping

Between the fees, lowballers, shipping, unrealistic buyers and everything else, unless you're selling a newer club it's not worth the hassle of listing on the BST or eBay. I've had good experiences thus far (knock on wood), but I've read about problems too much not to think about it when I sell.

Personally I use whatever avenue makes the most sense. When the club is newer and thus worth more, I typically go BST, then eBay (but always wary). When trading in older stuff, or non-popular flexes, I use PGA/Global Golf. It doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other. Both have their benefits.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

1) Not all clubs are high enough value to warrant eBay/BST

2) Not everyone plays stiff/xstiff flexes, which are the most popular/sought after here

3) Dealing with shady buyers is a concern

4) 3% paypal, 10% ebay, plus shipping...most trade ins are free shipping

Between the fees, lowballers, shipping, unrealistic buyers and everything else, unless you're selling a newer club it's not worth the hassle of listing on the BST or eBay. I've had good experiences thus far (knock on wood), but I've read about problems too much not to think about it when I sell.

Personally I use whatever avenue makes the most sense. When the club is newer and thus worth more, I typically go BST, then eBay (but always wary). When trading in older stuff, or non-popular flexes, I use PGA/Global Golf. It doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other. Both have their benefits.

A really solid answer Chocolate!

My example. I had two sets of older Irons (Maxfli revolution blacks and TM 300), both well thought of irons on this board. But there was little to no interest, same with eBay where I believe the best offer was somewhere in the $80-90 range. Both sets were in very good condition and I was hoping to get somewhere in the $125 range. Obviously that wasn't happening. If I had sold each set for $80, after fees ($10-11) and shipping ($20) I was going to net about $50 per set. I think they gave me (with the trade in bonus) just a little over $130 for the two sets. I ended up with more money and don't have to constantly worry about the buyerbitching or filing some sort of claim. Am I waiting longer for my money? Yes, obviously quite a bit longer, but I can live with that.

If I've got an M1 driver with a high end shaft, or a set of PXG Irons, I'm coming to the BST first. But if it's older stuff people just aren't buying. So even though I have to wait, at least it provided an means to get rid of some of that older stuff