Inside and outside the ropes

Aimnhit

^^ Thanks RP-I used to have a conversation with members kids that were of college age. And tell them I don't care if you plan to go out and get drunk. Key word plan. Have someone else driving that is not drinking. But that-drinking or whatever substance- is an issue for you if you consistently intend to go out and have one or two and find yourself having too many. That type of behavior would tell you it is in control, not you.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused.

I hope Bowditch gets things worked out....whether he's AH or not.

Now I feel better?

I'm not the only one....

I hope that ya had a nice Holiday Season and New Year and a great season ahead!!

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

At the risk of sending the thread off topic, I work in an environment where it is normal to drink and drive (Northeast US). I never plan to go drink after work, but sometimes the frustrations of the day get to everyone, and someone proposes to "let off steam" over some pints. And four hours and numerous pints later, you find your peers leaving the bar in their cars and so you elect to do the same. If you thought you were an obvious danger to the road, your choice would be clear, but you RARELY do think that, especially with no accountability amongst your peers. I think it's not as clear as some herewith have framed the decision. It is a decision based on increments, on micro-decisions - the "why nots?"

There is no excuse for endangering the lives of others, but no one but a few goes out into the night with the intent to risk the welfare of others.

I would hope the "4 hours and numerous pints" is a large exaggeration. If not taxi's and Uber are your friends.

At the risk of sending the thread off topic, I work in an environment where it is normal to drink and drive (Northeast US). I never plan to go drink after work, but sometimes the frustrations of the day get to everyone, and someone proposes to "let off steam" over some pints. And four hours and numerous pints later, you find your peers leaving the bar in their cars and so you elect to do the same. If you thought you were an obvious danger to the road, your choice would be clear, but you RARELY do think that, especially with no accountability amongst your peers. I think it's not as clear as some herewith have framed the decision. It is a decision based on increments, on micro-decisions - the "why nots?"

There is no excuse for endangering the lives of others, but no one but a few goes out into the night with the intent to risk the welfare of others.

I would hope the "4 hours and numerous pints" is a large exaggeration. If not taxi's and Uber are your friends.

5-9pm is fairly usual. 6 16oz guinesses and 2 or 3 miller lites is not out of the question. The drive? 5 miles by highway and city streets with light traffic. Nobody takes taxi's, in my circle. That's what I'm trying to say.

So, what you're really trying to say is that you're pissed up, on the road, as a regular occurrence? You'd be 6-8 times over the legal limit in UK - that would see a sentence probably.

5-9pm is fairly usual. 6 16oz guinesses and 2 or 3 miller lites is not out of the question. The drive? 5 miles by highway and city streets with light traffic. Nobody takes taxi's, in my circle. That's what I'm trying to say.

So, what you're really trying to say is that you're pissed up, on the road, as a regular occurrence? You'd be 6-8 times over the legal limit in UK - that would see a sentence probably.

I suppose what I'm saying is that this kind of thing happens regularly, everywhere, and more organically than some people would like to admit, and without malice or frivolity. I've never said anything about my personal indulgences and that certain "society" indulges this behaviour. A lot of people just don't get caught.

I would like to sincerely ask that you do your part within your circle to change. I know a lot of friends here in Arizona have changed. They still drink but even for a short drive will call a Uber or have someone else drive and leave their vehicle at the club.

And I will stop preaching now. Be well.

every dui is not the result of alcoholism. i get that majority want to offer their inspiring or kind words of advice, but to me sounds like the guy doesn't drink all that often and gave in to the party atmosphere in phoenix and made an awful mistake. i don't know his past or mental state, but not every stupid decision is because of some underlying disease. if i'm missing something in his past that would suggest i'm wrong then so be it....but assuming this is a first time thing hope its nothing more than a learning experience.

Perhaps-but as someone sober for over 30 years I believe in an old adage. You have a problem if it causes problems. Period. You are not in control if you drive drunk..

^^^And THIS is the bottom line!!!^^^

Be it one time, three times or a hundred....

Drunks(those who drink and drive) are like thieves in that they ALWAYS say that THIS was the first time that they've ever done it-

Like thieves, no it is not....

It just happens to be the first time that they got caught-

I'm all for forgiveness, and I was on the receiving end of one of these guys however what I cannot stomach is rationalization-

One either is or they are not-

There is no friggin middle ground

There is no half steppin!!!

Great post Shilgs?

As always,

My Best?

RP

Seriously? You mean there is no such thing as a first time for a person to make a mistake? There has to be a first time for everything. Why could this not be the first time Bowdo made this mistake?

I think you are over simplifying the issue saying there's no middle ground and showing your intolerance and unwillingness to forgive people for their mistakes. So Bowdo makes a mistake and drives after too many drinks. Good people make bad decisions sometimes so why couldn't this be one of those times? Instead, you've decided that because he made a poor decision, he's a drunk. That's a very narrow minded opinion. You're allowed to have it, but it's narrow minded.

No question it was the wrong thing to do. The only good thing about the whole situation is that no one was hurt, including Bowdo. Regardless of his well documented battle with depression, it was a silly thing to do and he is accepting responsibility for his mistake and taking it on the chin. You couldn't ask for a better response from the man. But instead, you've called him a drunk and compared him to a thief when I doubt you know anything about him, his family or the situation other than what you've read on (such reputable places like) the "internet".

every dui is not the result of alcoholism. i get that majority want to offer their inspiring or kind words of advice, but to me sounds like the guy doesn't drink all that often and gave in to the party atmosphere in phoenix and made an awful mistake. i don't know his past or mental state, but not every stupid decision is because of some underlying disease. if i'm missing something in his past that would suggest i'm wrong then so be it....but assuming this is a first time thing hope its nothing more than a learning experience.

Perhaps-but as someone sober for over 30 years I believe in an old adage. You have a problem if it causes problems. Period. You are not in control if you drive drunk..

Drunks(those who drink and drive) are like thieves in that they ALWAYS say that THIS was the first time that they've ever done it-

I'm all for forgiveness, and I was on the receiving end of one of these guys however what I cannot stomach is rationalization-

Great post Shilgs

As always,

My Best

RP

Seriously? You mean there is no such thing as a first time for a person to make a mistake? There has to be a first time for everything. Why could this not be the first time Bowdo made this mistake?

I think you are over simplifying the issue saying there's no middle ground and showing your intolerance and unwillingness to forgive people for their mistakes. So Bowdo makes a mistake and drives after too many drinks. Good people make bad decisions sometimes so why couldn't this be one of those times? Instead, you've decided that because he made a poor decision, he's a drunk. That's a very narrow minded opinion. You're allowed to have it, but it's narrow minded.

No question it was the wrong thing to do. The only good thing about the whole situation is that no one was hurt, including Bowdo. Regardless of his well documented battle with depression, it was a silly thing to do and he is accepting responsibility for his mistake and taking it on the chin. You couldn't ask for a better response from the man. But instead, you've called him a drunk and compared him to a thief when I doubt you know anything about him, his family or the situation other than what you've read on (such reputable places like) the "internet".

As I said earlier:

Yes he messed up. Yes he should pay the price. However, I find some of the posts on Bowditch a bit harsh. It's one thing to call a person on the carpet who deserves it, it's another to vilify, denigrate, and disparage the individual.

I wasn't aware he suffered from depression. An insidious illness. Most people don't have a clue.

The damage has been done. The culprit accepts responsibility and is travelling a fast course towards a lot of legal strife. Let's move on.

There's a golf career to be salvaged. This thread was a very generous gift to this forum to allow us a peep hole into the life of a tour player, so let's hope the journey continues.

Great post Shilgs?

As always,

My Best?

RP

A narrow minded opinion?

Before you start chirping, you might go into the Bowditch thread(cooler section) and read my comments.

I felt first hand the effects of a "Bowdo" and it cost me over a year of my life before I was "right" and I still have no memory of anything after jumping straight up in the air. A month of my life is a blank, filled in by eye witnesses, my GF, Family and medical staff. I coded twice in the ambulance and the paddles brought me back to life. I'm not getting into the 9+ hour, 4 surgeon surgery that I went through or the infection and follow-up surgeries(5 total) or having my jaw wired for 3+ months. Maddie covered it in his thread better than I as my father told her the full story. To this day I haven't heard and don't wanna hear it. I know enough.

I didn't jump him in that thread and I've gotten two emails and a text where guys said how could I "defend" him after what I've gone through and I was not defending him because it's indefensible. I just don't think it's right to pilfer the guy. A lot of guys cast opinions and judgements and even though it is an opinion board, they get nasty. That is what I was addressing.

However that was before AH's post-

Whether he knows him not, is him or not, I could care less and it's irrelevant however there's a lot of rationalizing going on in that post-

THAT is what I can't stomach

The man did it, apologized for and and like Matt said, let's move on-

Yea don't then double back and fill in the blanks like this was just the first, the only time that you got drunk or screwed up and got behind the wheel drunk.

If that's what AH, SB or whomever is sellin, I ain't buyin

You drink to the point that you're passed out sitting in a running vehicle on a street at a red light, and you blow over a 2.0??

You're a friggin drunk

If that's the first time you've ever been like that, then you're the unluckiest man strolling the fairways of God's green earth-

He apologized-

It should be left at that-

If others wanna do PR damage control, that's fine, that's what friends are for. A man-up apology was fine, warranted and commendable. The follow-up garbage I can do without.

Why?

Because that's the excuses and rationalization of a drunk, drug addict, etc.

They apologize

Then they rationalize

Then they minimize

If that's closed minded, then count me in-

Regardless, you wrote a nice post and thanks for responding ?

Have a great season!

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

What part of accept responsibility and do the crime do the time was hard to understand? This thread is intended to be a journal from AH. Not a a thread about about bowditch situation regardless if AH is him or not. Keep your personal life stories to your self and stop hyjacking the guys thread. Some people prefer to read his answers to questions and journal entries in a thread he created without all the crap in between

What part of accept responsibility and do the crime do the time was hard to understand? This thread is intended to be a journal from AH. Not a a thread about about bowditch situation regardless if AH is him or not. Keep your personal life stories to your self and stop hyjacking the guys thread. Some people prefer to read his answers to questions and journal entries in a thread he created without all the crap in between

AH posted about Bowditch and told the stories

You must have missed AH's posts and the subsequent responses by others, basically the last two pages.

Ask a question then and save the lecture-

All you have to do is ask a golf related question, he'll answer and off ya go-

That's a hell of a 13th post though, lol

Keyboards, screens fake usernames and no avatars are a great thing, huh, LMAO?

Ask AH a question and move on

Regards,

RP

AH posted about Bowditch and told the stories

You must have missed AH's posts and the subsequent responses by others, basically the last two pages.

Ask a question then and save the lecture-

All you have to do is ask a golf related question, he'll answer and off ya go-

That's a hell of a 13th post though, lol

Keyboards, screens fake usernames and no avatars are a great thing, huh, LMAO?

Ask AH a question and move on

Regards,

RP

Thanks bro

I prefer to read on the forum and not post

Don't feel a need to share my personal stories

I enjoy reading AH journals and responses to questions

AH has asked that his aminimity is respected, most people refuse to accept that

I don't like writing in paragraphs.

I don't post enough to add an avatar, guess that makes me weird

My last post for another year

Cheers,

MB

Reading about this d I u culture is reminding me of McNulty and his friends from the wire with their "trunk packs"!!

Thanks again AH for the candid honesty your portraying and the inside story from the tour, let's hope there's a few more scandals and discussion points over the next few weeks.

SB seems to be trending more than TW on this site at present!

D

So ..... AH ..... who is the funniest guy on tour? Has the best sense of humor? Plays tricks on other pga members?

Kuch?

Devil

Hv3 is not afraid to have some fun with people. I played a practice round with him for a few bucks on MLK day.. hard man to beat on that day!! Haha just ask him!

Great guy and great to watch play golf too..

AH

So ..... AH ..... who is the funniest guy on tour? Has the best sense of humor? Plays tricks on other pga members?

Kuch?

Devil

Hv3 is not afraid to have some fun with people. I played a practice round with him for a few bucks on MLK day.. hard man to beat on that day!! Haha just ask him!

Great guy and great to watch play golf too..

AH

Too funny. He seems to be having a fun time out there. I've noticed that we're seeing him more frequently on the networks which is good.

Am I the only one who thinks AH is Leishman? I find the thread very interesting and whoever AH would enjoy hearing more about life on tour. I am not that interested in the DWI issue.

Bridgestone J33R speeder 652X
Titleist 910f 15 diamana kai'li s
Ping G30 5 wood S tour spec
Ping G30 7 wood S tour spec
Mizuno MP 37 s300 P-3
Wishon 575 mmc cavity P-4 Aerotech I95 moi'd
Callaway Mac Daddy 2 tg 54° 60°
Scotty Cameron black studio design I 2001 (stolen haven't found replacement)

Hey AH, I hope all's well and you're hittin some Fairways & Greens and strokin some putts

What's the next month or so look like for ya tournament wise?

Fairways Greens & Pins 4ever My Friend,

RP

AH, I have a question but don't know if you'll answer. Not trying to pry into identity, for all we know you are in the top 10 already. What, if anything, is holding you back from better scores? Mental? Off the tee? Irons or short game? If you do identify one area like that how do you approach improvement?

AH, I have a question but don't know if you'll answer. Not trying to pry into identity, for all we know you are in the top 10 already. What, if anything, is holding you back from better scores? Mental? Off the tee? Irons or short game? If you do identify one area like that how do you approach improvement?

Shilgy,

My apologies for the lateness of my reply.

My stats of recent times have shown my putter to be very inconsistent of late. In saying that, over the course of my career my putting on the west coast has been horrific in general, but after last week I noticed they haven't improved. So my coach and I have decided to make some major changes in my putting set up to try to find some consistency for the future.. I put this in play on my final round last last week and seem to get some decent results although it felt terrible we started to see some changes in speed control and center hit was much more consistent. With a few days up my sleeve to really start to 'get the feel' of my new set up we will continue to give it a go for the next month or so and see where it leads us.

Apart from that I'm really excited about the state of my game in general and the direction it's moving in

Cheers

AH

Hey AH, I hope all's well and you're hittin some Fairways & Greens and strokin some putts

What's the next month or so look like for ya tournament wise?

Fairways Greens & Pins 4ever My Friend,

RP

RP

Hope all is well and you're rolling that rock well indoors and have that lag putting down to a fine art!

As for my schedule. Basically if you see it on the schedule from here on out for the next two months you will find me there! This is now getting into my part of the year that I love, where my form mixed with courses I really enjoy playing makes for some good results.

Cheers

AH

Let's talk shop for a while..

I'm guessing that most people love all the gear and gadgets that are readily available to everyone these days..

I would love to hear some feel good story's that have legitimately changed your game or made you better, whether it's from new equipment, practice tools, even books.. anything really..

Hoping I can maybe learn something from someone or gets some new fresh ideas..

Ready set go!

AH

Let's talk shop for a while..

I'm guessing that most people love all the gear and gadgets that are readily available to everyone these days..

I would love to hear some feel good story's that have legitimately changed your game or made you better, whether it's from new equipment, practice tools, even books.. anything really..

Hoping I can maybe learn something from someone or gets some new fresh ideas..

Ready set go!

AH

Great to have you back. A couple of things that have helped me. I started using the Pelz putting tudor (with the marbles on the end) and force myself to make 20 in a row once a day until I can stop. Its great for me bc I do it indoors so I have no focus on the ball going in the hole, but more just focusing on getting it started on line. This led me to realization that all I can control is my start line, sometimes the putts fall and other days they don't. However, I know that if I am starting online all it takes is for one or two putts to fall and then its the floodgates.

As for full swing, I simplified everything so I just rely on feel. I video'd my swing for the first time in awhile the other day to prove to myself to trust my instincts and what my eyes were telling me. I was right, my takeway was too inside causing me to have some trouble hitting cuts and making my ballflight much higher than I wanted. Once I started feeling my takeway more straight back/a touch outside, I started compressing the ball so much better, ball flight lowered, and easier to hit cuts. When I do hit balls, I focus on patterns I was seeing from the golf course. This usually ends with me hitting exagerrated cuts for 30 mins to an hour, and I get back to hitting my shots online.

I have completely changed how I practice. I do 85% short game, with that split into pitching/chipping etc. and putting. When I do pitching/chipping/etc. I always try to learn a new shot (recently it was the hybrid bump and run). I also work hard for half the time on my technique ( i tend to get handsy with pitches so I really focusing on no wrist c0ck) and then put myself in pressure situations in order simulate something I would see on the course. Bad/tight/dirt lies, soggy lies, sidehill/downhill, you get the gist. It has made playing much better and my short game has been getting better. With putting, I play 18 holes and set a par for each hole, then try to shoot even par or lower. I also use my Pelz tool.

Finally, I have spent the majority of down time after work focusing on my mental preparation, visualization, and routine. I played golf a couple of weekends ago and noticed how rusty I was when it came to course management, strategy, and shot analyzation. The first two or obvious, but what I meant with shot analyzation is assessing my lie, the wind, picking my landing spot, picking a narrow target, going through my routine, and committing to the shot. It was only a casual round, but my executions of all of these were very sloppy.

FWIW, I was a wash-up former college golfer with tournament experience etc etc, and it was amazing how a lot of this stuff came naturally to me. Now that I have focused on routine, short game, visualizing shots, making the right judgement of lies, and committing to each shot, its funny how much better of a golfer I am. I have been shooting decent scores, with one not so decent (I blame Anaheuser-Busch those B*****ds) but I know that once I can get into a rhythm and start playing more, I know I will start cleaning up on the amateur circuit.

Sorry for the long winded post but just thought i'd share some things with you.

BHG

EDIT: I forgot the most important part, this is GolfWRX btw, the gear. I started tinkering with my gear to have a fade bias so it is easier for me to hit cuts (aka lead tape on everything). I also started using a putter(s) with no alignment aid and its amazing how much that has freed up my stroke. This has also held me accountable for actually lining up my golf ball where I want to start it and not faking it as I used to be extremely lazy in doing this.

WITB:

Who knows?

Great post BGH!! Love it.

Thanks for some great insight into what is making you better.. I do recall using the pelz gadget that you are referring and often see a few guys still using with great success obviously..

Love you're work and keep it up!

Hope you get back into the big tier amateur events and kick a**!

AH