2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Colorado WRX 2017

brianhorne8

Raccoon Creek is actually a bit pricey. $56 for walking.

It's a good walking course. I would play it more often if it was in the low $40 range.

Damn! That's not cheap (or maybe I am, lol). I'll sit today out. Baby's developing a nice little diaper rash and I've got a little work to do anyway. It was fun to entertain the thought.

Maybe a few weeks from now!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! How much does it cost? I know there is a fee to join, but do you also have to pay every week for bay time? And what do you win?

Might be a fun thing for us south-side WRXers to do.

I play in the 2 person leagues, and registration is just $40 per team.

Each week, it's a $20 fee per person. Which is considerably cheaper than their normal rates. You get from around 6:30pm (starts at 7:00) until 10:00pm. So over 3 hours of play for $20.

As far as winnings go, it's $1,000 per team, so we took home $500! Second and third place get around $400 to split.

Congrats! How much does it cost? I know there is a fee to join, but do you also have to pay every week for bay time? And what do you win?

Might be a fun thing for us south-side WRXers to do.

I play in the 2 person leagues, and registration is just $40 per team.

Each week, it's a $20 fee per person. Which is considerably cheaper than their normal rates. You get from around 6:30pm (starts at 7:00) until 10:00pm. So over 3 hours of play for $20.

As far as winnings go, it's $1,000 per team, so we took home $500! Second and third place get around $400 to split.

Whoa, that's a great deal. I guess they're banking on you buying food/beer while you're there to make up the difference. Do they typically have open spots?

Anyone see the sweet deal Cobra is running this weekend? Buy an F7 or F7+ driver and get an F7 FW or hybrid for free, plus Golf Galaxy is doing $50 off purchases over $250. Other sites are offering even more off, so you could walk out of the deal closer to $300 for a new driver and FW. Crazy!

Anyone see the sweet deal Cobra is running this weekend? Buy an F7 or F7+ driver and get an F7 FW or hybrid for free, plus Golf Galaxy is doing $50 off purchases over $250. Other sites are offering even more off, so you could walk out of the deal closer to $300 for a new driver and FW. Crazy!

That's pretty sweet. I need a new Driver and FW like I need a hole in the head though...

For anyone who play's Bridgestone balls, I noticed PGA Superstore website still running by 2 dozen, get 1 free for all 4 of the B330 series. Not sure if valid in store or not. Golf Galaxy did the same deal earlier in the spring, and I picked up 3 dozen B330-RX, which is my favorite ball to play. I'm debating ordering 3 more since it's a good deal... but seriously, how many golf balls do I need in the garage?

Ugh yes, this is incredible. I just bought an F7+ 3-4 hybrid otherwise I'd be all over it. Maybe I'll still pull the trigger since the F7+ is the driver I was fit into. I can get another 3-4 hybrid but set it at 22 to replace my 4i (the one I bought is set to 19 and I don't carry a 3i). The hybrid is awesome...I get about 10-15 yards more carry than my current hybrid while hitting it about twice as high. Cobra is making some amazing stuff.

Ugh yes, this is incredible. I just bought an F7+ 3-4 hybrid otherwise I'd be all over it. Maybe I'll still pull the trigger since the F7+ is the driver I was fit into. I can get another 3-4 hybrid but set it at 22 to replace my 4i (the one I bought is set to 19 and I don't carry a 3i). The hybrid is awesome...I get about 10-15 yards more carry than my current hybrid while hitting it about twice as high. Cobra is making some amazing stuff.

Buy the driver, get the free hybrid or FW and either keep it or flip it! Why not go 4-5 hybrid?

Yeah. Still not totally on board with their irons, but I've been a huge fan of their metal offerings since the Amp Cell line. Really want to replace my Bio Cell FW, but I'll probably keep the bag the same and scoop a BC+ FW or Fly-Z + FW at some point. If the deal offered the Utility instead, I'd be even more tempted.

Buy the driver, get the free hybrid or FW and either keep it or flip it! Why not go 4-5 hybrid?

Yeah. Still not totally on board with their irons, but I've been a huge fan of their metal offerings since the Amp Cell line. Really want to replace my Bio Cell FW, but I'll probably keep the bag the same and scoop a BC+ FW or Fly-Z + FW at some point. If the deal offered the Utility instead, I'd be even more tempted.

The Utility iron is an amazing stick.

Yeah. Balked on buying one on the BST a few weeks back at $100 for the head because I'd still have to get an adapter. Also when I demoed it, it would have thrown my gapping for a loop. I loved the look a feel and hit it really well, but as it stands, my hybrid slots in so nicely that I'm hesitant to mess with it just for the sake of looks. I just want something a more slim down by the ball that goes the same distance/similar flight.

I also like the Ping Crossover and have hit that well when I've messed around. It's not quite as chunky either, and would probably fill the spot pretty well, but it's hard to say without real numbers. 4i goes 215ish, hybrid sits around 225-230. I think the Cobra was like 250, which is absurd. Don't remember the loft though.

Yeah. Balked on buying one on the BST a few weeks back at $100 for the head because I'd still have to get an adapter. Also when I demoed it, it would have thrown my gapping for a loop. I loved the look a feel and hit it really well, but as it stands, my hybrid slots in so nicely that I'm hesitant to mess with it just for the sake of looks. I just want something a more slim down by the ball that goes the same distance/similar flight.

I also like the Ping Crossover and have hit that well when I've messed around. It's not quite as chunky either, and would probably fill the spot pretty well, but it's hard to say without real numbers. 4i goes 215ish, hybrid sits around 225-230. I think the Cobra was like 250, which is absurd. Don't remember the loft though.

I'm still waiting for the utility shaft adapter, ordered one over a month ago from Cobra. They didn't bother to tell me it was out of stock until I called them, wondering when it was shipped.

Not a bad plan with the 4-5 hybrid., then I'd have the 3-4 and 4-5 and would have some flexibility in terms of the lower end of my bag. In terms of their irons, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed hitting the F7 irons and how well they worked for me. It was by far the best iron that I hit during the fitting.

I'm still waiting for the utility shaft adapter, ordered one over a month ago from Cobra. They didn't bother to tell me it was out of stock until I called them, wondering when it was shipped.

Woof. That's frustrating. Does Golfworks have any in-stock?

Cobra was the only source I could find, the utility adapter is shorter than the hybrid one. Driver and fairway are .335 shafts.

Had my first men's club event today - individual stroke play. Played average today. Was great off the tee, but my approach shots were off. Ended up shooting a 90, which ended up being a 71 with handicap, which won me first place and one skin!

A lot of people struggled today, particularly with the weather. It rained on us pretty good for about 30-40 minutes, and was definitely chilly. A lot of people weren't prepared and were wearing short sleeve shirts and some even had shorts.

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

It's official. I suck at golf. I had absolutely nothing today. Last week was the 89 that felt like it should've been better, a couple trainwreck holes hurt an otherwise good round. Today was a 94 that felt every bit that bad or worse. Started off 1# hitting GIR and then 4 putted. That set the tone for the day. I was missing 3 footers, leaving lag putts 5-10 ft short, blasting putts 5-10 feet past. Bladed a bunker shot and chips two different times. Leaving myself in terrible spots off the tee, and just generally getting in all the wrong places on several holes. It was a perfect storm of horrible-ness.

Had my first men's club event today - individual stroke play. Played average today. Was great off the tee, but my approach shots were off. Ended up shooting a 90, which ended up being a 71 with handicap, which won me first place and one skin!

A lot of people struggled today, particularly with the weather. It rained on us pretty good for about 30-40 minutes, and was definitely chilly. A lot of people weren't prepared and were wearing short sleeve shirts and some even had shorts.

nice job on the win. I got caught in the rain too... with the early tee time, it was really nice for about 14 holes before it started getting cloudy again. Played 17 & 18 in pretty heavy rain.

It's official. I suck at golf. I had absolutely nothing today. Last week was the 89 that felt like it should've been better, a couple trainwreck holes hurt an otherwise good round. Today was a 94 that felt every bit that bad or worse. Started off 1# hitting GIR and then 4 putted. That set the tone for the day. I was missing 3 footers, leaving lag putts 5-10 ft short, blasting putts 5-10 feet past. Bladed a bunker shot and chips two different times. Leaving myself in terrible spots off the tee, and just generally getting in all the wrong places on several holes. It was a perfect storm of horrible-ness.

nice job on the win. I got caught in the rain too... with the early tee time, it was really nice for about 14 holes before it started getting cloudy again. Played 17 & 18 in pretty heavy rain.

Man, those days happen. Those days happen even when you think you've played well. The good shots are the ones that keep us coming back. I'm sure there's something buried within that round that you can learn from or take away as a positive. Maybe it's being more mindful of course management and/or leaving yourself in places to have more chances to succeed. Stay positive. The good days are out there, waiting. I'm certain you'll find 'em again soon.

A little last minute, but does anybody want to play in a 2 person scramble with me tomorrow morning? It's down at King's Deer (which I really enjoy as a course), and it's only $65 for greens fees, cart, range balls, prizes, and a buffet lunch after!

It's at 8:00am, and it's a bit of a trek down there, but I can drive!

My friend that was supposed to play in it with me texted me just now saying he can't make it. So I have 20 hours to find a replacement! :o

A little last minute, but does anybody want to play in a 2 person scramble with me tomorrow morning? It's down at King's Deer (which I really enjoy as a course), and it's only $65 for greens fees, cart, range balls, prizes, and a buffet lunch after!

It's at 8:00am, and it's a bit of a trek down there, but I can drive!

My friend that was supposed to play in it with me texted me just now saying he can't make it. So I have 20 hours to find a replacement! :o

If I wasn't working...

Played a round at GVR this morning...man I wish the rest of my game could catch up to my putting :( +5.2 putting handicap today, which involved 29 putts (8 1-putts, 9 2-putts, and a really stupid 3 putt). I've been experimenting with two slight adjustments that I really like and have made a difference. One is not standing over the putt...just make a couple practice swings to visualize the line, get the putter set, and just putt. No standing over it, double checking the line, thinking about distance, none of that. Just hit the damn ball. The second thing that I've been doing, and really like, is lifting the putter up before starting the putter back. Read something about Rickie Fowler doing this and it made sense to me, so thought I'd give it a try. It's great, relaxes the arms before the stroke and eliminates any chance of hitting the ground on the back swing.

Hey guys, need some help or recommendations.

Where in the north Denver area would be the least busy course late morning (that is decent) to try and get on tomorrow? I wanted to try Thorncreek but it looks like they're closed for renovations. I've played Riverdale Dunes and would like to try someplace new.

Any help appreciated.

Where in the north Denver area would be the least busy course late morning (that is decent) to try and get on tomorrow? I wanted to try Thorncreek but it looks like they're closed for renovations. I've played Riverdale Dunes and would like to try someplace new.

Any help appreciated.

Hyland Hills maybe? I don't know how busy they are during the week but I really like that course.

Any help appreciated.

Hyland Hills maybe? I don't know how busy they are during the week but I really like that course.

I've been there to hit balls, and seen it on Golf at Altitude. Looks like a nice course, and not too far to drive from my meet up point.

I'd also normally try GVR but the Colorado Open starts there on Wednesday so I'm assuming it'll be busy Tuesday with people practicing?

I've played GVR, but isn't Murphy Creek in that general area too? I was thinking north, but could east and then go home the back way. That would work.

Thanks ASak

Legacy Ridge or Walnut Creek are some of my favorite courses just north of Denver.

Todd Creek as well.

Forgot about Todd Creek. Buddy played a state senior even there a few years back. Said the greens were crazy.

Thanks Jacob. Should start meeting some of you guys anyway, plans are a move there within the year.

Any help appreciated.

I've been there to hit balls, and seen it on Golf at Altitude. Looks like a nice course, and not too far to drive from my meet up point.

I'd also normally try GVR but the Colorado Open starts there on Wednesday so I'm assuming it'll be busy Tuesday with people practicing?

I've played GVR, but isn't Murphy Creek in that general area too? I was thinking north, but could east and then go home the back way. That would work.

Thanks ASak

Yeah that's true, GVR is definitely more east than north, bit of a brain freeze there. But correct, Murphy Creek is about 15 minutes from there. Love Murphy Creek, I'm playing there Wednesday morning. Can't wait, have only played there once so far this year which is not nearly enough.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks ASak

Yeah that's true, GVR is definitely more east than north, bit of a brain freeze there. But correct, Murphy Creek is about 15 minutes from there. Love Murphy Creek, I'm playing there Wednesday morning. Can't wait, have only played there once so far this year which is not nearly enough.

Looks like Murphy is cheaper than Todd too. I'm leaning that way. Just depends on 270 and 70 traffic at 10:00.

Looks like Murphy is cheaper than Todd too. I'm leaning that way. Just depends on 270 and 70 traffic at 10:00.

Should be okay around that time barring any accidents. The unemployed don't wake up until early afternoon in order to clog up the highways starting around 2:30.

No golf for me this weekend. Did housework on Saturday while it was raining outside, Elitch Gardens on Sunday (surprisingly tolerable crowds), then yardwork and pool time today. Still playing Mariana Butte on Saturday, and I doubt I have time to even hit the range this week. Thank goodness I have an 11:30 tee time.

Sorry, guys, it sounds like my wife's friends won't be coming to the garage sale on Saturday.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

Legacy Ridge or Walnut Creek are some of my favorite courses just north of Denver.

Todd Creek as well.

Colorado National is a very nice track.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+